SunExpress

"I recommend this carrier"

Trip Verified | Flew Izmir to Munich. Great flight. On time and free 30kg of luggage. Reserved our seats and food and beverages included in price. Plane was spotless and modern. Staff were excellent and very attentive. I recommend this carrier.
RouteIzmir to Munich
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"highly recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Izmir. Great flight with free 30kg hold luggage, seat selection and food and drink included in the very affordable flight. I highly recommend this airline. Flight was on time and very attentive staff. I wish they would fly from Ireland all year round.
RouteAmsterdam to Izmir
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a delay of 3 hours"

Trip Verified | İzmir to Frankfurt. No compensation despite a delay of 3 hours. We had booked a baby basket because the sales person recommended it on the phone. We received a confirmation but saw it being given away in the plane. Don't want to fly with SunExpress again.
Routeİzmir to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I missed my connection flight"

Trip Verified | Munich to Antalya. Worst airline ever, the flight was delayed and I missed my connection flight. I was stuck at the airport and SunExpress Customer service told me to book a flight. I had to pay a lot of money to get back to Houston and the airlines said we are not responsible for that. I filed a claim and got a reply that it is not their responsibility!. They closed the case and I'm not able to communicate with them anymore. Save your time and money and fly with decent airlines. never ever fly with this airline.
RouteMunich to Antalya
Date FlownNovember 2019

"most traumatic experience"

Not Verified | Luton to Bodrum. The worst airline and most traumatic experience. When flying home we were denied boarding, due to a cabin crew member being ill. We were given this information after they filled the plane. They had actually over booked our flight by 40 people. They have not been easy to get hold of to complain about this situation. Numerous emails have been ignored. We were also told that we would gain compensation for the situation they put us in, but failed to mention that this does not apply if you are not flying with Europe. Do not use this airline - I would advise to pay a little more for a smoother ride and a less traumatic experience.
RouteLuton to Bodrum
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Ankara. Worst airline ever. They decided to close the gate a little too early, leaving 9 passengers behind at the airport, although the passengers were at the gate E62 10 minutes before departure time. Zurich airport E gates needs extra 15 minutes.
RouteZurich to Ankara

"Check-in was chaos"

Trip Verified | Flew today with SunExpress to Düsseldorf from Antalya. Check-in was chaos. No one knew anything until the last 10 minutes which were after the planned takeoff. We started with a delay of 40 Minutes. The plane was 80% booked. When I asked to sit on the empty row in front of me. The cabin crew told me, these seats were for sale right now. Nonsense, the plane was about to take off. I mean I can understand SunExpress wants to make money as much as possible but that was just plain stupid. I will try to avoid this company as much as possible from now on.
RouteAntalya to Düsseldorf
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Cabin crew were good"

Trip Verified | Ankara to Munich. Boarding and flight was on time. Cabin crew were good. Take-off and landing was smooth. I did not try SunExpress in flight entertainment system. Food and beverage prices are normal for a plane. Plane was new and clean. Price/quality is good. I can fly with SunExpress again!
RouteAnkara to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2019

"one uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Ankara. Poor low-cost experience for the price of a full-board flag carrier. I chose SunExpress for the second time, only because they were providing the only direct flight opportunity from AMS to ESB. From now on, I will definitely prefer transfer flights with major airlines, as I did before, for this and any other route that SunExpress flies. Although I chose their highest package, including an extra seat pitch at the front row and pre-ordered meal, I cannot include this airline anywhere within my preference list. Even with all its paid extras, that was one uncomfortable flight. I was literally worn out after this flight. The seat next to me at the front row was empty and some other passenger from back row, who did not pay for this extra paid seat, was allowed to sit there. Good way to make people who paid for this row, feel like idiots. I will not fly with SunExpress again and definitely not recommend.
RouteAmsterdam to Ankara
Date FlownJune 2019

"price-quality ratio is nonsense"

Trip Verified | Ankara to Amsterdam. A cheap low-cost experience by all means, however the price tag was no different than full-board flag carriers - if not more expensive. No IFE, although paid for the extra legroom, seats are far away from being comfortable. No overhead bins for the first row, although they are the extra paid ones. There was an hour delay in boarding and pilots did not seem to care about closing the gap in flight time, so landed with an hour delay. Pre-bought meal was alright, no problems with the diligent and smiling cabin crew. It was not a disastrous experience, however price-quality ratio is nonsense.
RouteAnkara to Amsterdam