Precision Air

"Anyone else would be better"

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam. One thing I liked was that we were loaded by 0610 and departed even though the flight was not scheduled to depart till 0640 but when we arrived into Dar my bag had not been loaded. Why leave early without the bags? They had another flight arriving around 9 pm, but I was scheduled to depart back to the US at 10 pm. At 915pm I called to see if my bag had arrived, which it had so I requested them to get it on my flight. They advise they would not, that I would need to come and get it. I advised there would be no way that I could come and get it and get back through security before departure, they still refused to transfer my bag. Fortunately, I was traveling in business and was in the lounge. I advise the lounge that Precision refuse to transfer my bag, so they tried, with no success. The club then escorted me to the terminal to get my bag and then escorted me onto my aircraft with 10 minutes to spare. It had been very stressful and if I had been traveling in coach would probably never had seen my bag again. I have never experienced such bad service. It would be one thing if it was a cheap flight, but I paid quite a bit for that short 20 minutes. There are other flight options. Anyone else would be better.
RouteZanzibar to Dar es Salaam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"This airline is a disaster"

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Nairobi with Precision Air. I have to agree with others: This airline is a disaster. We also had to purchase new tickets when the original flight was cancelled (apparently there is no rebooking, even when the mistake was theirs!). I had flights cancelled both to and from Nairobi. They are unconcerned about the extensive costs that their cancellations causes, through the insanity of having to buy new tickets to fly on rebooked flights due to their cancellations, to the cost of rebooking international flights because they are missed due to delays. Avoid!! Just grateful we arrived safely.
RouteZanzibar to Nairobi
Date FlownJuly 2019

"My bag was left in Nairobi"

(Tanzania)

Trip Verified | Nairobi to Dar es salaam. I was rebooked on this flight by Kenyan Airways, due to Cancellation of KQ 488. My bag was left in Nairobi and up to now I have not received it. After many followup calls Was informed that my bag was found and it would arrive on the night flight of 17th June and delivered to me on the next morning. After that it became a nightmare again, as I was made to endure another day of 18th June until 2230 Hours only to be informed by Precision Air Officer that the driver could not come due to traffic jam ,hence cancelled the trip and will ony be delivered on 19th June ... I Was fulstrated because The driver was elusive and kept on calling me and informed me that He ws on the way and trapped in heavy traffic jam e nroute to Mbezi. Which was Not the case. He then dissapeared completely. I am putting this review , because it is more than once that my Trip with PW from Nairobi has the same problems on luggage and local deliveries
RouteNairobi to Dar es salaam
Date FlownJune 2019

"profit at the expense of us"

Trip Verified | Arusha to Dar es Salaam. I beg you not to take this airline. Both my flights were cancelled; causing me to miss my flight going back home. I had to buy new tickets ($900). What should have been a smooth 17 hour trip back home turned into a horrendous 50 hours of layovers and flights. After contacting Precision Air through email when I got back home, all they could offer was an apology letter. I'd have to agree with other reviewers that the airline cancels flights when not enough seats are booked (10 people were booked on our cancelled flight). They said they would put us on the next available flight, but guess what? That flight was cancelled, too. I took the chance to fly with this airline but that was my mistake. Don't make the same mistake I did. Sure, there are a few people who had no problem with their flight, but take a look at the giant numbers of people who's flight was cancelled. Please do not support a company who takes advantages of their customers and continue to profit at the expense of us.
RouteArusha to Dar es Salaam
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Tanzania's worst airline"

(Tanzania)

Trip Verified | Dar es Salaam to Kilimanjaro. Tanzania's worst airline, if you want all your flights to be canceled or late - choose Precision Air. Of the three flights, all three were delayed or postponed.
RouteDar es Salaam to Kilimanjaro
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Arusha to Zanzibar via Dar Es Salaam. Be prepared to arrive without your luggage. Supposed to be direct but changed to indirect. Arusha airport is chaos. At Dar Es Salaam we were told to leave the plane. We then had to go via the transfer area and back onboard without any ID checks. About 50 passengers ended up without luggage as it was left at Arusha. Apparently a common practice with this airline. Terrible customer service. Nobody on the ground cares. If you have an option take it - even if it's walking.
RouteArusha to Zanzibar via Dar Es Salaam
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very poor customer service"

(Tanzania)

Not Verified | Kilimanjaro to Dar es Salaam. Airline number / boarding pass got changed 35 minutes before my boarding time just to be told that theres a delay of about 1 hour due to the weather. I do not mind that but the problem is how they communicated the changes - very poor customer service, even the supervisor could not assist. I suggest they all be taken to customer service training so they know how to communicate such issues instead of arguing with the customers.
RouteKilimanjaro to Dar es Salaam
Date FlownJune 2018

"passengers bags did not arrive"

Trip Verified | Nairobi to Zanzibar. Do not use these, we unfortunately thought we were flying Kenya Airways. On our flight from Nairobi to Zanzibar, 80% of the passengers bags did not arrive due to ‘weight restrictions’. It seems this is a daily issue speaking to the hotel staff and airport staff. 24 hours later they did arrive, but it seems as though this is done purposely as expensive items from our bag had been stolen when we received them.
RouteNairobi to Zanzibar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"on time, clean and smooth"

Trip Verified | Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. On the day of my flight everything went as smooth as possible. The plane was boarded quickly and efficiently, with sufficient announcements from the PR (that some people kept getting wrong, however), the plane departed a few times ahead of schedule, and landed half an hour earlier than scheduled. The flight was super smooth, and we got a cold drink and a small packet of snacks during the flight. They even rolled out small screens for those Canadian funny videos - not very entertaining, but still something to do during the flight. Efficient, on time, clean and smooth, what else could we need? Thanks!
RouteKilimanjaro to Zanzibar
Date FlownJuly 2018

"was the worst experience"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Our experience with this airline (departing from Zanzibar) was the worst experience we have had traveling. We weren't given any updates while waiting in the terminal. Our flight time was quickly approaching and we had to ask an airport representative what was going on, it was only after 30 minutes (and well past the time our flight should have departed) that someone let us know that the flight was going to be delayed. Again we waited and the time came and went, we asked for another update, and only then were we told it was delayed again. At this point we knew we wouldn't make our connecting flight. There was another flight that we could have taken to our ultimate destination had someone informed us of these delays. When we inquired about taking another flight, all we heard were reasons why Precision couldn't help us (one being that it was too late - but it wouldn't have been if they told us of the delays!). At any other airport we could have been put on another flight without any issues. While we were waiting in the airport one of the employees said the delay was due to the flight crew being delayed getting to the airport because of weather - this is a bogus 'excuse.' Yes, it was raining (and had been for several days), but we came from the complete other side of the island and made it to the airport no problem. When we reached out to seek compensation for the delay, Precision's response was simply "Sorry."
RouteZanzibar to Nairobi