Precision Air

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Arusha to Zanzibar via Dar Es Salaam. Be prepared to arrive without your luggage. Supposed to be direct but changed to indirect. Arusha airport is chaos. At Dar Es Salaam we were told to leave the plane. We then had to go via the transfer area and back onboard without any ID checks. About 50 passengers ended up without luggage as it was left at Arusha. Apparently a common practice with this airline. Terrible customer service. Nobody on the ground cares. If you have an option take it - even if it's walking.
AircraftATR
RouteArusha to Zanzibar via Dar Es Salaam
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very poor customer service"

(Tanzania)

Not Verified | Kilimanjaro to Dar es Salaam. Airline number / boarding pass got changed 35 minutes before my boarding time just to be told that theres a delay of about 1 hour due to the weather. I do not mind that but the problem is how they communicated the changes - very poor customer service, even the supervisor could not assist. I suggest they all be taken to customer service training so they know how to communicate such issues instead of arguing with the customers.
RouteKilimanjaro to Dar es Salaam
Date FlownJune 2018

"passengers bags did not arrive"

Trip Verified | Nairobi to Zanzibar. Do not use these, we unfortunately thought we were flying Kenya Airways. On our flight from Nairobi to Zanzibar, 80% of the passengers bags did not arrive due to ‘weight restrictions’. It seems this is a daily issue speaking to the hotel staff and airport staff. 24 hours later they did arrive, but it seems as though this is done purposely as expensive items from our bag had been stolen when we received them.
RouteNairobi to Zanzibar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"on time, clean and smooth"

Trip Verified | Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. On the day of my flight everything went as smooth as possible. The plane was boarded quickly and efficiently, with sufficient announcements from the PR (that some people kept getting wrong, however), the plane departed a few times ahead of schedule, and landed half an hour earlier than scheduled. The flight was super smooth, and we got a cold drink and a small packet of snacks during the flight. They even rolled out small screens for those Canadian funny videos - not very entertaining, but still something to do during the flight. Efficient, on time, clean and smooth, what else could we need? Thanks!
AircraftATR
Date FlownJuly 2018

"was the worst experience"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Our experience with this airline (departing from Zanzibar) was the worst experience we have had traveling. We weren't given any updates while waiting in the terminal. Our flight time was quickly approaching and we had to ask an airport representative what was going on, it was only after 30 minutes (and well past the time our flight should have departed) that someone let us know that the flight was going to be delayed. Again we waited and the time came and went, we asked for another update, and only then were we told it was delayed again. At this point we knew we wouldn't make our connecting flight. There was another flight that we could have taken to our ultimate destination had someone informed us of these delays. When we inquired about taking another flight, all we heard were reasons why Precision couldn't help us (one being that it was too late - but it wouldn't have been if they told us of the delays!). At any other airport we could have been put on another flight without any issues. While we were waiting in the airport one of the employees said the delay was due to the flight crew being delayed getting to the airport because of weather - this is a bogus 'excuse.' Yes, it was raining (and had been for several days), but we came from the complete other side of the island and made it to the airport no problem. When we reached out to seek compensation for the delay, Precision's response was simply "Sorry."
RouteZanzibar to Nairobi
Date FlownMay 2018

"an airline to ruin your holiday"

Trip Verified | We have had 2 flights with precision air (our only two and last). One from Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar and one from Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam, which was supposed to be connecting to our flight to Amsterdam. Precision air was capable to cancel both flights. Our first flight therefore resulted in a delay of 4 hours. Our second flight resulted in a delay of 24 hours, due to missing our connecting flight. Over 1.5 hours of flying time Precison Air found a way to cause 28 hours of delay. After getting stuck, nothing was arranged for us. No food, no drinks, no help, no communication, no alternative flights which was absolutely possible. After 7 hours of waiting a hotel was proposed in the slums of Dar es Salaam. We read the reviews, concluded it was unsafe and arranged our own hotel at 05:00 AM. If you are looking for an airline to ruin your holiday: book Precision Air
RouteZanzibar to Dar es Salaam
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Worst airline ever"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. Worst airline ever. Cancelled a flight for the aftermath sending an email at 7pm of the day before departure. Put us in a flight 8 hours later, which left with great delay. Customers care unpolite and ignorant. No communication at all. Avoid like plague.
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Avoid them if you can"

Verified Review | My Kenya Air flight was cancelled, and I was moved to Precision Air. I was assured multiple times (by both Kenya Air and Precision staff) that my luggage would be on the revised flight - but when I landed, no luggage. Precision Air did little to help get the luggage to me once found, and I personally had to send someone back to Kilimanjaro Airport to get it. Precision Air eventually offered me some compensation, and despite me giving them my bank account details (multiple times), and proof of my identity, they still refuse to provide the promised funds. They are doing everything they can to delay the compensation process, in the hope that I will just go away. Precision Air created a bad start to my African holiday, and they are perpetuating the problem by trying to avoid their legal obligations to compensate me. Avoid them if you can.
RouteNairobi to Kilimanjaro
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"clean, modern aircraft's"

Verified Review | Flew Precision Air from Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar on ATR42 and a week later ATR72 Zanzibar to Nairobi. Both were on clean, modern aircraft's with good cabin crew who were meticulous on safety preparations. Both flights precisely on time and baggage delivered quickly. I was a bit anxious having read earlier reviews, but they seem really to have upped their game.
AircraftATR 72
RouteZanzibar to Nairobi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"on the day everything was fine"

Verified Review | Flew Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. Goodness me, the reviews here had me worried about booking Precision Air, but I didn't have much choice. But on the day everything was fine, the flight ran to schedule and my bag arrived at the other end. In-flight snack was a proper 50 gram pack of quality Tanzanian cashews, beats many airlines.
AircraftATR42