Precision Air

Precision Air customer review

Precision Air are anything but precise! We had two flights booked from Tabora to Dar. Confirmed at the Precision Air office in Tabora the previous day. When we arrived at the airport with lots of time to spare we and many others were told that the flight was overbooked and we could not travel. Back to the Precision Air office in Tabora to be told the flights on the following days were fully booked as were flights from nearby towns. The office claimed we had not confirmed the flight (despite us doing so in there the previous day) and refused to refund the money. In the end we got the sleeper train followed by a bus.

Precision Air customer review

I flew with Precision Air this summer when I visited Tanzania - DAR-JRO return. The problems started as soon as I handed the money (£150) over. I got an email saying my return flight from JRO-DAR "no longer exists" and they had moved me to a flight from Arusha (about 40 miles away) to Dar. After 2 weeks of emailing them every day I managed to get them to put me on a morning flight from Kili as there was no way I could get to Arusha for the flight they had me on. Check-in at Dar es Salaam was very slow there's no information and you have to wait for the airline staff to hang a board above the desk with the destination on it before you know where to check in. Check-in itself took quite a while considering it was a domestic flight and I was alone. Once in the departure lounge we were told the flight would be delayed for 90 minutes; no reason given. The plane was acceptably clean nothing special though definitely no frills. We got a bag of peanuts each - that's all. Toilet was disgusting obviously hadn't been cleaned for a while. Landing at Kilimanjaro I was relieved to see my luggage had made it though many on my flight had lost bags. I volunteered in Tanzania and over the summer met a great number of people who'd flown with Precision Air and lost baggage only to get it back sometimes as long as 4 or 5 days later and find things had been taken from their luggage. One of my friends had packed a whole load of things for a school she worked in and the whole lot had been nicked. Others had lost things like shoes shampoo torches sleeping bags roll mats - things Precision Air probably know you won't make a big deal about losing. I also met two guys in Tanzania who were supposed to fly home with Precision Air/Kenya Airways from JRO-LHR via Nairobi. Two weeks before they left Precision Air phoned them to say they were now going from Arusha to Dar staying the night in Dar es Salaam then flying on to Nairobi in the morning and on to London from there. This meant they had to fork out for a 2-hour bus journey to Arusha and sleep in Dar airport (not surprisingly Precision Air/Kenya Airways did NOT give them a hotel room despite the change being entirely their fault) This added a good 24 hours onto their journey but they had no explanation compensation for their troubles or even reimbursement for their extra travel costs. My return journey was just plain frustrating; on arrival at the airport I was told the flight was 2 hours delayed (no explanation of course) Finally we were all called through to the departure lounge only to sit there for a futher 90 minutes because we had to wait for our plane to arrive from Nairobi. None of the Precision Air staff made any announcements or let us know what was going on. Being in the departure lounge also meant that they had chucked all our water bottles in the bin at security and there were no shops to buy water from in departures. The flight went to Dar via Zanzibar where we were meant to spend 10 minutes. We were there for 40 minutes at least. When we finally got to Dar I found my sleeping bag had been nicked off my backpack (it hadn't fallen off because the straps were still tight) but I just walked out of the airport vowing never to fly with Precision Air ever again! I've flown with worse African carriers but for internal Tanzanian flights I'd recommend Air Tanzania or if you have time using a decent coach company.

Precision Air customer review

Flew with Precision NBO-ZNZ flight was OK. On time which was more than can be said for luggage - 50% of passengers did not get their luggage which was later delivered to your hotel at YOUR expense for a $50 taxi fare. Had to claim money back in Stonetown at the end of my holiday which the staff at Precision Air was very unwilling to do even with all the receipts etc. Beware if flying with this outfit - this problem happens a lot!

Precision Air customer review

Precision is a subsidiary of Kenya Airways and operates flights out of Dar Es Salaam and Nairobi. Recently flew with them (as offered by our travel agent) connecting between Nairobi and Zanzibar. I was pleasantly surprised on both occasions having never heard of them before. Trip out of NBO left bang on time. Invited to identify our bag on the tarmac before boarding (it really is a massive weight off one's mind to see your bag being physically loaded onboard)! The crew while not the most friendly of ladies were nevertheless very efficient. Flew on an ATR-72 which was a little bit noisy and with leg-room at an abolsolute premium I wouldn't want to be stuck onboard for too long! However outbound was mid-morning and we were offered soft drinks and a very generous pack of cashews. The return was early morning so we had a really very passable continental breakfast box (croissant roll honey butter juice) and plenty of tea coffee and soft drinks. We were able to check our luggage right through to Heathrow in Zanzibar which was a real blessing. Do note though that if begining a long-haul journey out of a more rural African airport connecting in Nairobi it's almost ALWAYS necessary to collect a boarding pass at the transit desk at Jomo Kenyatta (NBO). Tip: if flying with Precision try and nab a seat as near to the rear as possible - you'll get off first and beat the masses to the desk! Would definitely travel with Precision again for the excellent time-keeping if for nothing else!