Laudamotion

"staff are really friendly"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Stuttgart. I fly regularly with Laudamotion, about two times a month. I never had any problems either with the ground staff nor the air hostesses. You have to be sure about their bag policies, otherwise you have to pay high charges. I never had any problems. The Online check-in via the Laudamotion app always works well. You have to be sure that you're going to be charged for anything extra than the personal item and the seat, but if you don't need a lot it's a really good and cheap option (especially if you book in advance). The staff are really friendly. In my opinion it's equal to other low cost airlines like Eurowings.
RouteVienna to Stuttgart
Date FlownNovember 2019

"always a hidden fee"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Oslo. There is always a hidden fee with this company. Stay away at all costs! 55 Euro for them to print your boarding card. The card did not work at the gate, and they were unwilling to help me get through as the barcode did not work.
RouteVienna to Oslo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"charged extra for cabin bag"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Eindhoven to Vienna. Was charged extra for cabin bag. It fit all the usual requirements (dimensions, weight) but the staff at the gate insisted that 1 small bag is something smaller. Rather than missing my flight I just paid the extra. Than my cabin bag was to be put in the storage so I only had what could fit in my hands with me. Quite a way to end a holiday. Never flying Laudamotion again.
RouteEindhoven to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"treatment I received was not appropriate"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Milan with Laudamotion. They charged me for my hand luggage in spite of showing it fitted in the measuring box. They said I had two bags (the second one was bought in the airport). Besides, the 25 euros were not written anywhere and my flight ticket said I could take this size in. If over luggage I should have paid 50 not 25 (according to my ticket). That's to say they did nothing alike the boarding pass. I asked to pay by card and they insisted on cash. I could not get any receipt. They said I would have it on my email. I m still waiting but payments do not work like that in any case. The treatment I received was not appropiate for a traveller and client. I was treated as if I was trying to avoid the rules when I think they made them up!
RouteStuttgart to Milan
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Absolutely no legroom"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Dublin return. To put the positive points in the first place, the planes on both flights were very clean and on board staff very friendly and professional. On the outbound flight, just a couple of weeks after booking, we were informed it would depart 6 hrs later than initially foreseen. without any reason being given for that. However, we decided to stay booked on that flight, as we had hotels etc. already booked. On the day of the flight itself in the end the flight was delayed another 1:45 hrs, again with no reason given at the gate (which was btw. very cramped, had no airconditioning and no seating available). At the return flight, check-in was with Ryanair and very chaotic with no staff available to assist. Absolutely no legroom on both flights.
RouteVienna to Dublin

"flight was great"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Split. The flight was great. We did the Check In online so when we arrived at the airport we immediately went thru the security check and then to the gate. Boarding went smoothly and the seats were okay, the same as Eurowings. We had a delay because of the Thunderstorm but that was ok. We didn't pay much money for the tickets about 60€. The crew was nice. I flew with my hand luggage because I heard many people had problems with their suitcases with Laudamotion so I would recommend flying with only hand luggage.
AircraftA320-232
RouteStuttgart to Split
Date FlownAugust 2019

"very disappointed with LaudaMotion"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Vienna. I am very disappointed with LaudaMotion. Round trip (2 adults, 4 children). Online Check In did not work (the app did not accept my passport number anyway, so the check in could not be completed). Check-in at the airport was then only possible with enormous additional costs! Airplane, especially the toilets, dirty. I'm sure not going to travel with LaudaMotion anymore. Ich bin sehr enttäuscht von LaudaMotion. Rundreise (2 Erwachsene, 4 Kinder). Online Check In funktionierte nicht (die App akzeptierte warum auch immer??? meine Reisepassnummer nicht und so konnte der Check In nicht abgeschlossen werden). Check-in am Flughafen war dann nur mehr mit enormen Mehrkosten möglich! Flugzeug, vor allem die Toiletten, schmutzig. Werde mit Sicherheit nicht mehr mit LaudaMotion reisen.
RouteCopenhagen to Vienna

"disappointing experience"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Bucharest to Vienna. First time I took Laudamotion and the inflight service from the start is the worst. From not able to accept debit cards, to local Romanian currency to zero smile from the inflight crew, this airline takes the first place in lousy service. While the ground crew were brilliant and extraordinarily helpful, the inflight crew seems to consist of staff who lack even the basic courtesy of airline greetings. Well, laudamotion is all about being economical- including customer service. An absolutely disappointing experience.
RouteBucharest to Vienna
Date FlownJune 2019

"the absolute worst flight company"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I am flying 2-8 times a month regularly and this is the absolute worst flight company I have ever travelled with. Almost all other flight companies have online check-in until 2 hours before flight, I have arrived later than this without checking in many times with many different airlines and I have never had any issues. Almost all other airlines send emails reminding you to check in online if it’s imporant, Laudamotion sends no email and there is no information in my travel itinerary that I need to check in 3 hours before online and that there is no possibility to check in at the airport. Arriving at the airport there is no information about where to go, what to do, where to pay. I was advised to go stand in one line, was waiting a long time, turns out I should have been in a completely different line (in a place where Laudamotion wasn’t even mentioned?). A googling gave me no information from the company itself but I found out through other people who had suffered the same that the check in fee at the airport was 55€! I was prepared to pay the extra fee (even though I find it ridiculous) but in the end I ended up missing my flight because of these lines and the bad directions of where to go.
RouteCopenhagen to Vienna
Date FlownJune 2019

"cabin was very dirty"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Vienna to Dublin. Flying with Laudamotion means low comfort, you cannot expect a lot. At least I would be happy if the staff would be friendly, the cabin clean and the overall onboard-experience would be good. The staff was very unmotivated and not really friendly. The cabin was very dirty, sticky seats and broken tables. Food and drinks had to be purchased which is okay, but the service was very inefficient and slow. Boarding was slow and chaotic - long waiting times at the gate, in the stairhouse, outside the building and again in front of the stairs of the aircraft.
RouteVienna to Dublin