Laudamotion

"We don't recommend Laudamotion"

Not Verified | Malaga to Dusseldorf. Regarding our return flight with Laudamotion departing from Malaga. We tried to contact 2 days in advance with both airline and ticket provider. Both agencies did not respond by phone or mail. Wednesday morning on March 18th, we went to the airport anyway and our flight was not even mentioned on the information boards! I understand all the commotion surrounding the coronavirus, but it is shameful that customers are not informed at all and are simply left to their own fate. Ultimately, we were helped by Ryanair with a flight to Amsterdam. The next day we Picked up our car in Düsseldorf. We don't recommend Laudamotion at all!
RouteMalaga to Dusseldorf
Date FlownMarch 2020

"hours without receiving a reply"

Trip Verified | Malaga to Stuttgart. I would like to preface this saying that I have flown with Laudamotion in the past and have no issues with my flying experience. My review refers to the complete lack of customer support and response following the Corona-induced flight cancellations. For several days now I have been applying to receive a refund for my cancelled flight. Both the app and online refund request page have error messages and do not allow me to proceed. According to the online request page the reference number is wrong (it's the only reference number listed on my ticket confirmation). According to the app there's just a general error. I have attempted to contact Laudamotion and Ryanair via their chat option and have waited hours without receiving a reply. The phone numbers appear not to be working. While I understand that we are in a crisis situation, the airline's number one priority should be maintaining customer satisfaction. And cancelling our flights without guaranteeing us our money back completely neglects this. I will be giving a rating of 1/10 until the airline refunds me my money. I recommend that people with similar experiences do the same.
RouteMalaga to Stuttgart
Date FlownMarch 2020

"pay 10€ for a ticket"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Bologna. Don´t ask for water on the plane. Horrible experience on Laudamotion, but this is what you get if you pay 10€ for a ticket. We got stuck after boarding and I was thirsty, basically I had to ask three times while stuck on the ground for a bottle of water at 7.00am, once I´ve obtained the water I wanted to pay by card but this was not possible just in the air I would have had the chance to pay and when I handled the only cash note, a 100, it was refused by the staff and I had to wait until we took off to pay. Once we were landing, I saw that my seat was falling apart in the back. Of course, If I can last minute afford another carrier with still a cheap flight ticket, I do…
Aircraft A320-200
RouteVienna to Bologna
Date FlownJune 2019

"not to press the service button"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Alicante. Two and a half hours late due to late incoming aircraft excuse, but then we had to stand for at least three minutes in the rain on the steps to the aircraft. I ordered coffee and snacks for my group and when I tried to pay by credit card was told the the machine didn't work. Could have told me before I ordered. No milk and sugar was given, I like it black and bitter anyway, but the rest of the group asked for some. My coffee was only half full and after waiting five minutes I pressed the service button and asked for it to be filled. It was, and I was told not to press the service button again unless it was an emergency? I never heard that before. The milk and sugar for the rest of the group never came.
RouteDusseldorf to Alicante
Date FlownDecember 2019

"had to clean it ourselves"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Vienna to Lisbon. Awful service, besides being delayed, when we found our seats, it had garbage from previous passengers. We ask the staff to clean it and they said that we had to clean it ourselves.
RouteVienna to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"This was supposed to be a direct flight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I travelled with Laudamotion 19th December from Tenerife to Vienna. First our flight was delayed 2 hours. We were waiting behind the passport control for 2 hours without the chance to go to the toilet and a lot of kids were traveling with us and without place to sit down so almost everyone sat down on the floor in the end. This was supposed to be a direct flight, but because they had to swap their cabin crew, right after taking off we were told of that we need to stop in Mallorca. There we were sitting on the plane for one hour. We arrived in Vienna 3.5 hours later than expected, so I missed the bus for which I bought a ticket two months ago. I struggled to get another bus home to the Czech Republic as all the tickets were already sold out. In the end I had to wait 3 hours more at the airport in Vienna. I managed to take midnight bus. Since then I have been trying to solve this with the company, but so far without a solution as no one is replying.
RouteTenerife to Vienna
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flight went smoothly up to Oslo"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | We had an early flight out of Vienna, we bought fast track, cause we were not sure about how long the lines were, and there were a lot of departures. We arrived into the airport, and long lines in front of security. An officer opened up fast track for everybody, but we were pretty lucky, only around 10 people in front of us. We left on time, and the flight went smoothly up to Oslo Torp. What i do not understand is why the crew is not interested in selling their products. They said something about offers, we did not hear, and they went through the isle, with their trolley. We asked to buy a whiskey, they had only brought perfume and cosmetics with them, they said they should come back to us, which they did not. We asked him another time later, and he said ,oh yes, then still nothing, and we landed without any whiskey. We could not see they had not sold anything on their way down the isle.
RouteVienna to Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"arrived almost three hours late"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Friday afternoon flight from Sandefjord Torp to Vienna. Very few people in lines before security, so we went through in a couple of minutes. We sat there waiting, and then plane delayed. One and a half hour delay. The plane came and the boarding took time cause every passenger shall stow away two or three pieces of luggage, plus jackets, caps, scarfs etc. We bought priority boarding, but that is a joke, we all stood in the same line for boarding, you can bring an extra bag though. The plane had to deice, so that delayed the flight further. After takeoff, the crew turn up the temperature in the cabin, so they can work in short arm shirts. All the passengers had to take off the pullovers in the narrow cabin. We arrived in Vienna almost three hours late.
AircraftA-320
RouteSandefjord Torp to Vienna
Date FlownDecember 2019

"do not recommend this airline"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I flew yesterday with my wife and my children from Skavsta to Düsseldorf with Laudamotion OE195 and it all started with it being only 1h 30min late when the flight that was to arrive landed late. We boarded and were already tired and annoyed by the long wait and it was late at night. The personnel on the plane were unpleasant and foolish from the start, and had no respect. When I then sat in my seat and when the plane started to lift, I wanted to sleep for a while before serving began. I then wanted to buy something to drink and asked about it to the flight attendant but she replied unpleasantly that there were many who had ordered the same drink and that there might not be. She then ignored to check if there were and continued with her advertising for the other products they sell onboard. I then pressed the button that calls for staff because I fly often and know that you can press it if you want something and then a flight attendant came who took my order and would come with it immediately. Then the female flight attendant came from earlier and scolded me for pushing the button and that it is forbidden and a big problem to press it and that I had already talked to her about the drink I wanted. I didn't know that you can't press the button and it says nowhere about it either, but I apologized for it and just wanted something to drink. They were already delayed with the flight and then they were unpleasant onboard and it was really unruly and poor customer service. This is the first and last time I fly with Laudamotion and I really do not recommend this airline to anyone. Really bad and worst airline due to staff. But want to point out that the pilot did an incredibly good job and was impressively good at landing that you barely noticed it. Jag flög igår med min fru och mina barn från skavsta till düsseldorf med Laudamotion OE195 och det hela började med att den var först 1h 30min försenad då flyget som skulle ankomma landade sent. Vi steg ombord och var redan trötta och irriterad över den långa väntetiden och det var sent på kvällen. Personalen på planet var otrevlig och taskiga redan från start mot alla och hade ingen respekt. När jag sedan satt på min plats och när planet började lyfta så ville jag sova en stund innan serveringen började. Jag ville sedan köpa något att dricka och frågade om det till flygvärdinnan men hon svarade otrevligt med att det var många som hade beställt samma dricka och att det kanske inte finns. Hon sedan struntade i att kolla om det fanns och fortsatte med sin reklam för dom andra produkter dom säljer onbord. Jag tryckte sedan på knappen som kallar på personal för jag flyger ofta och vet att man kan trycka på den om man vill ha något och då kom en flygvärd som tog min beställning och skulle komma med det strax. Då kom den kvinnliga flygvärdinnan från tidigare och skällde ut mig för jag tryckte på knappen och att det är förbjudet samt ett stort problem att man trycker på den och att jag redan hade pratat med henne om drickan jag ville ha. Jag visste inte att man inte får trycka på knappen och det står ingenstans om det heller men jag bad om ursäkt för det och ville bara ha något att dricka. Dom vart redan försenade med flyget och sen är dom otrevliga onbord och det var verkligen oproffsigt och dålig kundservice. Detta är första och sista gången jag flyger med Laudamotion och jag rekommenderar verkligen inte detta flygbolag till någon. Verkligen dåligt och sämsta flygbolaget pågrund av personalen. Men vill påpeka att piloten gjorde ett otroligt bra jobb och var imponerande duktig på att landa att man knappt märkte det.
RouteSkavsta to Düsseldorf

"an absolute ordeal"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Edinburgh with Laudamotion. This airline and its parent Ryanair is disgraceful. I understand that cheap flights are cheap for a reason, but I find it unacceptable to list 1 price on the flight comparison platforms and leave the extra fees hidden somewhere in the airline's Ts&Cs. First of all you need to pay at least 7-9€ if you want to reserve a seat anywhere apart from the middle section, or get "randomly allocated" next to the toilet. Then, you are only allowed to bring a handbag on board, unless you pay 14€ to take an extra bag to store in the overhead bins, which other airlines don't charge for. Of course, if you forget to read what the airline defines as "a small bag" you can cough up 25€ at the gate. Also, if you wait to purchase the additional baggage option until check-in for the return flight, be prepared to pay 20€ for 10kg of checked baggage because they carry on option is "sold out". Adding everything up, you most likely end up spending more than sticking to one of the established players. Now to the experience itself. First of all, priority boarding that is kindly added to the extra carry on baggage option meant that passengers were allowed to wait for 30 minutes in the bus without any explanation or apology. Of course, the seats are about as comfortable as a wooden board and are made to fit half an anorexic teenager. Also, forget getting any rest as you are reminded on a half-hourly basis to purchase overprized perfume and lottery tickets. All they do is force decent airlines to move into higher price segments to cater to business customers, while affordable flying is turning into an absolute ordeal. Nobody should have to pay to suffer through this kind of experience and get ripped off every which way possible
RouteVienna to Edinburgh