AirAsia X

AirAsia X customer review

STN-KUL-STN. We flew out 2355 departure from Stansted - check-in efficient and flight only a little late in departing. We were preboarded as we had children under 12 with us. The seats were comfortable ample leg room. We chose not to have prebooked meals but snacks were reasonably priced and bottles of water less than 50p. We booked the flights during a sale in June 2009 and paid just over £200 each return - amazing value for money particularly over Easter school holidays. The return flight from KL equally good but less easy to sleep due to other passengers talking/reading. The staff were pleasant and helpful. We also took internal flights to Penang from KL - on time and efficient. On the way out we stayed overnight at the Tune Hotel at the LCCT which was very convenient - a minute away by shuttle bus and easy to get back to the terminal early the next morning. All in all a great cheap way of taking the family away for Easter.

AirAsia X customer review

SIN-KL-TJN return. A333 equipped with new reclinable new seats fantastic legroom. Previously the awful black seats only slide forward had individual casing that housed the IFE screen which was a nuisance and legroom was pathetic. Although still 3-3-3 configuration the slim- line seats felt roomy. Had 3 seats to myself both ways.

AirAsia X customer review

Reading previous reviews I think I must have been either very unfortunate or else travelled on a different Airline. I've used Air Asia to travel around S E Asia for the past 4 years and on every single occasion my decision was made on the basis of cost. I've found Air Asia to be uncomfortable and unreliable so wasn't expecting much when I boarded a flight for Stansted from KL back in September 09 - and I was right not to. The plane was new but 50% of the seats seemed falling apart in particular the headrest cushions seemed to have developed a habit of detaching themselves from the rest of the seat. I found the 'slide mechanism' of the lower cushion that acts on AirAsia X flights as a seat recline totally useless making it the most uncomfortable seat I've sat in. On the 2 occasions that the precooked and paid for food turned up I couldn't eat a scrap. I couldn't even give the second serving away to my fellow passengers! At the end of the trip I paid more than if I'd used Thai International or Eva Air to Heathrow. The return trip in January was no better the plane new like the first but the headrests still kept falling off food hadn't improved and there was no more room. On nether of the flights were announcements concerning safety etc remotely audible and I just wonder how the airline has managed to pass the required safety standards. Trips not to be repeated neither cheap nor comfortable and for me two the worst flying experiences of 35 years. In my book they score minus 5!

(Malaysia)

Most recently my wife and I were stranded in Abu Dhabi when AirAsiaX announced they were canceling service to/from Abu Dhabi in January this year. They didn’t notify us their stranded passengers until Feb 10th. Neither did they offer any accommodation nor answer our emails asking for help. We had to get back to Malaysia on our own. They won’t reimburse our additional expenses either. They said they would refund the Abu Dhabi/Kuala Lumpur portion of our trip but it will take them 30-50 days to process the refund. Such an attitude! Watch out for these guys. If you are considering booking AirAsiaX it might be a good idea to develop a plan B - just in case.

AirAsia X customer review

KUL to MEL. Check-in at LCCT was a breeze but lack of Duty Free shops at midnight was a minus. A330-330 nicely cushioned seats. Crews professional and friendly. But it seemed that AirAsia X will remove its on-seat TV and replace with portable E-player. Unfortunately not a single E- player was available on that flight and no reason was given. Food choice limited. Liked the idea of paying more to get 30kg baggage allowance.

AirAsia X customer review

MEL-KUL Return. I initially paid $730 for the ticket but with the additional extra kgs and meals ticket price was close to $850 not that different price wise with MAS. Aircraft was new and clean seats and infotainment on each seats with USB food was delicious and service was good. MEL-KUL older A330 aircraft with no infotainment service generally good. Would fly again if price was cheap - happy to fly MAS or Emirates at a slightly premium price.

AirAsia X customer review

London to KL on AirAsia. Night flight out so slept fair bit. Booked extra leg room seat - worth it for the low cost. That said if the extra leg room is the 2 middle seats behind bulkhead not so good. Also the left hand seat to bulkhead is next to the entrance to the staff rest area so if you are spread out and asleep they will wake you to get in if necessary. Plane was older and the seats we had didn't retain much back support. Service ok. Its a flight at base cost after all. Return with same leg room seats. Day flight which always seems longer. Took the Malaysian meal package - great value decent food (less than £2) for 2 dishes and 2 small bottles of water. I would travel again. Also flew internally KL-Phuket newer planes great service. They fly to KLIA LCCT terminal which is not the main international KLIA terminal. If getting a connection next day again with Air Asia they use exclusively LCCT and hotels generally advertised are at the international KLIA a 25 min £10 drive in a taxi (pan Pacific Concord etc). Try Tunes hotel directly opposite LCCT on web cheap good clean like ibis etc.

AirAsia X customer review

KUL-STN: Comfortable seats delicious food (as always with Air Asia) and a bigger legroom than many other carriers! At this price Air Asia X is a great deal indeed. Just bring enough books/magazines/etc as there is no entertainment on board.

AirAsia X customer review

KUL-MEL Pre-booked exit row 15 for a fee. First impressions were good. My seat had ample legroom. However the flight deteriorated and got tedious. Cabin crew were unprofessional could hear them talking in the galley with their crew curtain shut. They disappeared partially in the flight and recline was non-existing only glide. I also found the XCite touchscreen irritating. Online chat feature had a glitch that kept jumping the messages back to the top and touchscreen sensitivity was very inferior. Overall Air Asia provides value for their cheap flights and would recommend it only if fare is cheap.

AirAsia X customer review

STN-KUL-STN on a clearly older aircraft - seats generally comfortable (row 13 pre-booked both ways). Both flights on time (return arrived early). Check-in ok at both airports (impressed with LCCT - fast security passport control etc and luggage arrived very quickly). Pre-booked meals were reasonable and pretty good value. Cup of coffee for 5RM was reasonable and a decent size. Cabin crew friendly and attentive and very well presented. Cabin temperature fine and toilets clean. Pretty full outward flight less busy on return. Impressed for the money - booked 10 months in advance for lowest price.