Air Namibia

(South Africa)

I travel between CPT and WHK and haven't been on a single flight that's departed on time. The interior is old fashioned but quite comfortable and the FA's pleasant but without much effort at service. I will continue to fly Air Namibia between Cape Town and Windhoek.

(Namibia)

I fly with Air Namibia quite a lot and must say that usually I'm very happy with all. That's the reason I decided to comment here is yes sometimes there are delays but show me any airline that doesn't have that problem. Flew from Johannesburg-Windhoek. Flight wasn't that full and boarding went quickly and the flight left on time. Plane was an older B737-200 but looked in top condition and also the interior of the plane was really good. The on flight service was very good and I need to mention that the food served on Air Namibia is usually quite good compared to other mayor airlines. The plane doesn't have onboard entertainment but with a good monthly on flight magazine the 2 hrs flight is over in a breeze.

(Namibia)

Windhoek-Frankfurt-Windhoek. Service ok but FA's disappeared after dinner service. Even pressing the call button did nothing. Dinner was ok but the breakfast was embarrassing. A dry bun with a piece of ham and lettuce or tuna mayo and yoghurt. All around you saw people eating a few bites and leaving the rest. Seat was okay but IFE was a joke. For a 10 hour flight I would think you would have more of a choice than 1 movie played on 3 small screens in economy class. I sat in row 22 which was 4 rows from the screen and even by squinting I still could not see it clearly. Must be a nightmare for families travelling with smaller kids. I could have paid the same for a Lufthansa flight from J'burg with an additional R3000 for a return flight between Windhoek and J'Burg. Will do that next time.

(Namibia)

Checking in at 06:00 in Cape Town along with my husband and 20 month old baby for our flight back to Whk at 0800 we were casually informed that our plane was "inserviceble" and would hopefully be ready for departure at 10:00. Needless to say that did not happen and we departed at 1800 that evening without much of an explanation or apology. My husband dared his next venture with Air Namibia on 21 March and was casually informed 5hours before his flight that it was cancelled but had been re-booked on a SAL flight to be booked in within 2 hours (which turned out not to be true after confirming the booking with SAL ourselves). We live 500km away from Whk and cannot be on standby to be ready for their flight changes as it suits them! We have always been regular travelers with Air Namibia but unfortunately it seems not to be safe anymore to rely on their "unserviceable" planes or their inconsiderate service.

(Belgium)

FRA-WDH-FRA business class. Found service ok but nothing special especially because these are night flights and FAs tend to disappear after meal service - nonchalant and indifferent service. Meal was acceptable portions relatively small but no effort to serve anything interesting or local flavors. Seat is old-style cradle seat but good room between rows and sufficient recline if you sleep sideways. Plane dates from the mid-90's but in OK shape. Be prepared to walk to/from terminal upon arrival and departure from Windhoek. Boarding in WDH is chaotic. Overall fares too high for the product/service they provide and would opt for BA instead via JNB.

Air Namibia customer review

JNB-Windhoek - although plane not full it did seem cramped. Short flight but the crew worked to get round to everyone some of the crew friendly others less so. Main concern was on taking off several items within the cabin fell off - cover for an emergency exit 2 overhead storage cabins opened and the crew seemed to think this was normal and just refixed the items and carried on. Food was good though and seemed very cheap compared to SAA.

Air Namibia customer review

FRA-WDH-JHB return. The main reason for choosing Air Namibia was their low price and (for us) convenient flight dates. Online check in worked pretty good and we could choose our seat for the intercontinental flights. Planes were in good condition seats a bit old and not too comfortable. Entertainment was pretty bad just a few screens for all passengers with horrible quality and uninteresting videos. Cabin crew was okay some of them more friendly and helpful than others. Same with the food nothing special but nothing wrong with it either. Overall my experience was quite good. You get what you pay for they don't excel at anything but nothing is very bad either.

(Luxembourg)

FRA-WDH. Service is not great they are just doing their job that's it. The seats are of the old angle lie type still in good condition but nowhere near to the newest generation. The video system is a shame as not on demand and very limited choice. They started the movie before the meal was served my screen was out of order. I mentioned it but they could not or did not try anything to fix it.We chose Air Namibia only because of the direct flight. If you do not mind having connections fly with South African.

(Ghana)

Air Namibia canceled our fight from Johannesburg to Accra on 1/24/2010 but the agents at Johannesburg didn't show sympathy or apology towards passages who were turned away. With a toddler our family had stayed at the airport most of the day to catch the flight home however the agents didn't issue any overnight stay voucher or arrange a transportation for everyone until 10 pm. The next day when we were switched to another carrier our child whom we had purchased a full-fare Air Namibia ticket didn't get a ticket for the switch. I had to march into Air Namibia office and request it. It was way too much for us who will avoid Air Namibia as much as possible.

Air Namibia customer review

CPT-WVB-WDH-FRA Business class. Check-In at CPT was a total chaos. Air Namibia ground handling agents didn't bother to put airline logo destination etc on the screens above the counters - we had to ask if they had a dedicated Business Class check-in-counter and which one it was. Queuing up there didn't save us plenty of time though since they worked almost in slow- motion. Aircraft on Cape Town-Windhoek flight was a B737-200 built in the early 70s but in relatively good condition. Huge old-fashioned business class seats. Service very friendly and attentive - for Air Namibia standards even excellent. Our flight to Windhoek wasn't nonstop but landed in the beautiful desert airport of Walvisbay where they let some passengers get off and others get on the plane for the last remaining 30 minutes of the flight to Windhoek. This stopover lasted no longer than 25 mins. We had left Cape town with half an hour delay but managed to arrive in Windhoek only 15 minutes behind schedule. Lounge in Windhoek is small packed with passengers waiting for the Frankfurt flight. WDH-FRA their last remaining intercontinental route is flown with A340-300 (bought from Lufthansa). Business class is comparable to LH or BA of 15 years ago. Old style cradle seats no lie-flats. IFE in armrest as personal TV but only a small selection of movies. Food edible (dinner had 3 main course options breakfast either hot omelette or cold cuts) wines were delicious. Toilets clean small amenity kit was provided. I had 3-4 hours sleep. Their business class can't compare with major airlines but Air Namibia does the job. Their prices are reasonable.