Air Namibia

(Norway)

Windhoek-Cape Town. Brand new 319. Excellent seats. Very friendly staff at check-in. Confusion at boarding when the sign at the gate showed wrong departure but all in all a great experience.

Air Namibia customer review

Windhoek to Cape Town (just under 2 hours) and were quite surprised. Check-in was quick and efficient although the lounge at Windhoek is so-so (staff friendliness could be much better). Warmly welcomed onboard by the purser and were surprised to see business class seats with such a large pitch! Flight departed on time breakfast served was excellent and service throughout always with a smile.

(Norway)

CPT-WHK and WHK-CPT. Brand new A319 with plenty of legroom. Comfortable seats and friendly FA's. Seats were comfortable and the cabin layout good.

(South Africa)

JNB-LUN. Flight left on time old plane but comfortable food was insipid flight attendants friendly but too much chatter amongst themselves. All in all an average flight. My problems started when I wanted to reschedule my return flight. Air Namibia office at Joburg airport could not help eventually had to purchase a return ticket on SAA to get back to Joburg in July and 5 months later I am still struggling to rebook my return to Joburg on the valid return leg I still hold with Air Namibia.

(South Africa)

I travel between CPT and WHK and haven't been on a single flight that's departed on time. The interior is old fashioned but quite comfortable and the FA's pleasant but without much effort at service. I will continue to fly Air Namibia between Cape Town and Windhoek.

(Namibia)

I fly with Air Namibia quite a lot and must say that usually I'm very happy with all. That's the reason I decided to comment here is yes sometimes there are delays but show me any airline that doesn't have that problem. Flew from Johannesburg-Windhoek. Flight wasn't that full and boarding went quickly and the flight left on time. Plane was an older B737-200 but looked in top condition and also the interior of the plane was really good. The on flight service was very good and I need to mention that the food served on Air Namibia is usually quite good compared to other mayor airlines. The plane doesn't have onboard entertainment but with a good monthly on flight magazine the 2 hrs flight is over in a breeze.

(Namibia)

Windhoek-Frankfurt-Windhoek. Service ok but FA's disappeared after dinner service. Even pressing the call button did nothing. Dinner was ok but the breakfast was embarrassing. A dry bun with a piece of ham and lettuce or tuna mayo and yoghurt. All around you saw people eating a few bites and leaving the rest. Seat was okay but IFE was a joke. For a 10 hour flight I would think you would have more of a choice than 1 movie played on 3 small screens in economy class. I sat in row 22 which was 4 rows from the screen and even by squinting I still could not see it clearly. Must be a nightmare for families travelling with smaller kids. I could have paid the same for a Lufthansa flight from J'burg with an additional R3000 for a return flight between Windhoek and J'Burg. Will do that next time.

(Namibia)

Checking in at 06:00 in Cape Town along with my husband and 20 month old baby for our flight back to Whk at 0800 we were casually informed that our plane was "inserviceble" and would hopefully be ready for departure at 10:00. Needless to say that did not happen and we departed at 1800 that evening without much of an explanation or apology. My husband dared his next venture with Air Namibia on 21 March and was casually informed 5hours before his flight that it was cancelled but had been re-booked on a SAL flight to be booked in within 2 hours (which turned out not to be true after confirming the booking with SAL ourselves). We live 500km away from Whk and cannot be on standby to be ready for their flight changes as it suits them! We have always been regular travelers with Air Namibia but unfortunately it seems not to be safe anymore to rely on their "unserviceable" planes or their inconsiderate service.

(Belgium)

FRA-WDH-FRA business class. Found service ok but nothing special especially because these are night flights and FAs tend to disappear after meal service - nonchalant and indifferent service. Meal was acceptable portions relatively small but no effort to serve anything interesting or local flavors. Seat is old-style cradle seat but good room between rows and sufficient recline if you sleep sideways. Plane dates from the mid-90's but in OK shape. Be prepared to walk to/from terminal upon arrival and departure from Windhoek. Boarding in WDH is chaotic. Overall fares too high for the product/service they provide and would opt for BA instead via JNB.

Air Namibia customer review

JNB-Windhoek - although plane not full it did seem cramped. Short flight but the crew worked to get round to everyone some of the crew friendly others less so. Main concern was on taking off several items within the cabin fell off - cover for an emergency exit 2 overhead storage cabins opened and the crew seemed to think this was normal and just refixed the items and carried on. Food was good though and seemed very cheap compared to SAA.