China Airlines

China Airlines customer review

LHR-TPE on A340-300 and TPE-DPS on B737-800 return. Chosen because of price and the A343 had AVOD making 13-14 hour flight more bearable. Good selection of films and shows with choice of languages. I had bulkhead seat due to my height bit narrow but legroom gain made up for it despite sitting next to families with babies! Food ok two full meal service and sandwiches available between. The drinks service was minimal as reported by others ( 1 small glass of wine with dinner) but staff happy to provide drinks when asked. Staff friendly and attentive. 90 minute delay on way back in Taipei gate desk had a complimentary drinks station set up within 30 minutes shows good customer service. Taipei airport is being renovated but as had only 1-2 hours transfer time no issue free Wifi and internet terminals available makes passing time easier.

China Airlines customer review

Business class from Amsterdam to Bangkok. Seats are not up to the standard of most airlines but cost is significantly less and represents value for money. Staff onboard very friendly and service good. Return journey delayed by 24 hours with no explanation connection from Amsterdam back to UK changed for no apparent reason causing a 6 hour wait (this has happened on both occasions I used the airline). Staff at desk in terminal building at Amsterdam very rude and unhelpful. Staff at China airlines in London equally rude in never replying to several communications which were simply asking if such changes are standard procedure prior to making further bookings. Pity the ground staff do not match the standards of the ones I met on the flights. Doubt very much if I will consider this airline again despite the cost savings having flown this route countless times problem free with other airlines and having so many options to select from.

China Airlines customer review

Sydney-Taipei-Heathrow. This airline was cheapest by a long shot and suggested by the travel agent. Seating was adequate. Inflight entertainment pretty good as was food. The staff at check in and on board were lovely and extremely polite and helpful. Would definitely fly with again the only downside is the route - 14.5 hours from Taipei to Heathrow and the amount of time spent waiting at Taipei airport for connecting flights as Taipei airport is probably not the best place to waste 6 hours. Take a good book and a packed lunch.

China Airlines customer review

BKK-AMS. The night flight from BKK was again very poor. Food was served quickly and of a poor standard - given the smallest glass of wine with the meal and then during the flight no water runs. I had to go to the galley every time I wanted anything. Big screen was poor and not working correctly. I use China Airlines as they were a cheap way to get to Thailand. I wont be using them again if possible.

China Airlines customer review

AMS-BKK. China Airlines are getting worse on this route. It's still the old B747 which really needs upgrading. Your are time-warped back to the 70's when you get onboard. Fuzzy big screens should be a thing of the past. The food is okay stewards are OK if a bit miserable with the beer wine and a smile!

China Airlines customer review

LAX-TPE-HKG-TPE-LAX economy. Very cheap fares. Punctual. Attentive and friendly flight attendants. The food quality was fine and consistent throughout all flights. A tip - if you fly an Asia-based airline choose the Asian dish if given a choice between the Asian and Western dish. Obviously they'll be far more skilled at preparing the Asian dish. My only complaints are the dearth of movie selections (they remain unchanged two weeks later on my return trip) and the lack of individual air nozzles. On each of my flights the entertainment system was individual.

China Airlines customer review

DPS-TPE-YVR 7th September- Business Class. Greeted onboard by name and addressed by name during the entire flight. Water and juice offered on boarding. After take-off drinks requests taken. Champagne (french) chilled and served in Champagne glass. The seat was an angled capsule type. It was a bit hard and would not want to do long haul on this type of seat but for a six hour day time flight is was acceptable. Menus were handed out and dinner requests were taken. Dinner was served individually on china and the fish I ordered was tasty but the food on the whole was not excellent and I would give it 3.5 out of 5. The flight attendants were pleasant and helpful. During our transfer were went to the dynasty Lounge. The food was fine but it did get crowded. I noticed some passengers taking towels to the bathroom so showers are available. The next flight to Vancouver was on the A340 and the seats on this flight while not lie flat as previously stated in reviews are very comfortable. I appreciated the noise canceling ear phones on both flights. Amenity kits were handed out on this flight and I found these rather sparse. The food on this flight was not great my husband ordered the lamb and it was so tough he did not eat it. I again ordered fish and it was a bit dry but eatable. The entertainment system on both flight was good and on the whole for the price paid I felt we got value for money. The flight attendants on the Vancouver route were not as pleasant but did there job well and fulfilled all requests made.

(Thailand)

Taipei to Vancouver in Business Class. No alcoholic welcome drinks offered upon boarding only water and juice. They were quick to announce that since this was a late evening departure they would be serving only a light meal - but since it was only 11pm I felt this a bit of a cheap excuse since the flight is nearly 12 hours in duration. Even after take-off I had to ask for a drink as it became evident they weren't going to offer any before the light meal - of which there only two choices (one Asian and one sort-of Western) - wine was ok. As far as I could tell there was no service between meals - not even water trips - though they did hand out small bottles early on. Contrary to other suggestions here and elsewhere this route does not have angled beds in J/C Class - only the old z-style recliner seat. AVOD was pretty good - with a decent selection of both movies and music - didn't go back to Y section so not sure what was available there. Biz class seat was a bit cheaper than others flying the route - but to be honest I would have been much better of flying Cathay in Y class and saving the difference.

China Airlines customer review

Sydney to Taipei to Frankfurt on Dynasty Class. Excellent attentive service and inflight entertainment comfortable seats and delicious meals and plentiful drinks. Would certainly travel with them again.

China Airlines customer review

I flew from ANC to TPE with family including one 5 yr old. We had 3 adjacent confirmed seats. The flight originated from JFK. When we checked in at ANC we were put in 3 separated seats because the middle one of our seats had been given to someone boarding at JFK. One of us was given a seat 30 rows further back. I objected and was told that CI staff at JFK can ignore confirmed seats for passengers boarding after JFK and that the plane was full. In other words a confirmed seat didn't really mean that. The seats we were given would have necessitated our 5 yr old sitting separately. I was told that it could probably be sorted out on board. But on boarding the aircraft the aircrew wouldn't even take care of it - I was told that I had to ask the other passenger to switch. I got their attention by saying that we were going to go to our original confirmed seats and they could decide what to do about that at takeoff time. It happened that the JFK originating passenger was willing to switch when he saw the situation but I think it was really bad procedure for CI to have put us through that. Either confirmed seats should mean that or there shouldn't be a pretence that there are confirmed seats. And certainly a young child should never be re-seated to a separated seat.