Thai Airways

"legendary Thai smile"

Review by (Poland)

Short domestic flights, yet high-quality one (and quite cheap). Very quick check-in both at BKK and in HKT due to multiple TG stands at the airport. Around one hour delay on both flights. Clean aricraft with extremely beautiful Thai interior. Staff very friendly and bearing legendary Thai smile. Tasty light meal consisting of a sandwich, a cake and orange juice/water. PTVs only on BKK-HKT, but on such a short flight there is no big need for those. Plus it was very nice of ground crew that when flying from HKT, a staff member proceeded our luggage not only to BKK, but also on our further flights to DOH and WAW, both flown on Qatar Airways.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 and A330-200
RouteBKK to HKT
Date FlownFebruary 2015

"usually very friendly and helpful"

Review by (Vietnam)

In business class, Thai Airways are usually very friendly and helpful. Prices are not the cheapest, but they offer 40kg standard checked in luggage + 10kg for silver card. Not bad. However, in my recent flights I noticed that food quality is seriously down. In my 2 last flights to and from Brussel my seats were not the cleanest. On last flight most blankets had an awful smell. Each time I got my priority luggage out first, except fishing rod tubes (still within 158cm 3 sizes limit!) arriving at the end, and for my last flight it is still missing. For some long hauls the trips to or from planes are by bus. The Boeing 787 seem more noisy and in business, the configuration does not offer much space for shoulders and feet. A380 to Frankfurt are most comfortable (space and very low noise). I have always been happy with them, but my wife now suggests we change.
RouteBrussels to Ho chi Minh via BKK

Thai Airways customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Mixed experiences flying with Thai Airways for the first time. The positives were the aircraft interiors, the IFE, the punctuality of the flights and the speed of check in. There were some significant negatives: the cabin crews were largely okay but the service they delivered was very robotic, and the food ranged from bland to inedible. I can't really comment on seat comfort, as on both flights I had a full row of three seats to spread out on.
AircraftA380 / A320
RouteLHR to KBV via BKK

Review by (Germany)

At check-in at Noi Bai I did ask for an aisle seat but the ground staff from Vietnam Airlines did not seem to care about my request and just put me in a window seat without informing me. There is also no priority at Noi Bai security, they asked me to wait until the economy passengers were finished and then business could follow.
RouteHAN to MUC via BKK

Review by (Japan)

Bangkok to Vientiane on Boeing 737-400. The flight was almost full with many connecting passengers from Japan, US and Europe. The crew was very efficient and friendly. Everything was done in a professional manner without rushing. The light snack wasn't too bad in my opinion. Overall, a very satisfying short hop.
RouteBKK to Vientiane

Review by (Japan)

Flew on Thai Airways latest Boeing 787. Overall, the service was good. The crew were very friendly and hospitable. The food was really good as well. I really enjoyed the Thai style pork curry. Before landing, they offered either green tea ice cream or vanilla ice cream to passengers. The IFE was great with a wide selection of movies and TV program.
RouteTokyo to Bangkok

Review by (Thailand)

We usually use Thai Airways for our travels because of their previously friendly and patient service. An argument not to be underestimated when traveling with toddlers. However, for our round trip this time, staff were just below all expectations. Instead of water they came around 3 times with wine. We had to wait 1 hour at Munich airport in the airplane because some passengers (Thai Military apparently) came late for unknown reasons with filled shopping bags. No excuses or explanation from staff. Upon our enquiry we were just told "We are tired, too." Entertainment program was not turned on - of course - during the waiting time. Even with a brand new A380, the computer had to be started over and over again until it finally worked. This does not inspire confidence into the board computer for the pilots. To be mentioned that tickets for Thai are not cheap. Overall a lousy experience and we will avoid Thai for next trips.
RouteMunich to Bangkok

Thai Airways customer review

Review by (United States)

We left BKK on time and arrived NRT only a few minutes late. The breakfast was phenomenal (better than Business Class breakfast on United)! and in-flight snack delicious but very messy. You almost needed an instruction manual in order to open their version of a Hot Pocket.
RouteBKK to NRT

Review by (Thailand)

The service has became like a "robot style", no emotion or friendliness from cabin staff, they only do the minimum or what they are paid for. Food was okay but nothing special for being in business class. Seat was very uncomfortable, very narrow, hard and not long enough. I am tall, 6'3 and usually my feet don't touch the end of the seat but this time I had to fold my legs. Probably the worse business class seat for long haul I have experienced.
RouteParis to Bangkok

Review by (Thailand)

TG's Business Class product has fallen significantly over the years. I've been flying TG since the 1990s and while some of the same business class seats from that time are still being used (and these sorely need replacing), the high level of service in the forward cabin from that time is no longer seen. During a 3.5 hour flight at the prime dinner hour, the crew rushed through service of a three-course meal so that all was done 75 minutes into the flight - and then lights out and the crew could retire to sleeping or talking. Food was just so-so. Gone are the days of the fruit and cheese cart - in fact gone is cheese entirely. Dessert is a sad cube of supposed cheesecake and some fruit tart, both on a small plate covered in plastic wrapping (giving it a hospital cafeteria feel). The IFE system is sub-par with limited options for new movies and TV. TG has lost its edge.
RouteJakarta to Bangkok