Thai Airways

"nice and helpful crews"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Sapporo was the good flight. The cabin crews are very helpful and nice. Thai airways always give you a welcome service on board, so polite and always smile. Foods was fine, warm and tasty. However, the aircraft is quite old. I search for the information about that aircraft and found that its age is around 20 year. However, there is no tear on the seats but you would find some stains on the seat. the leg room and seat width are standard for economy class. The entertainment display is a bit small and low-resolution display because it is an old aircraft. Everything is good. Strength : warm service, nice and helpful crews. Weak : pricey ticket fare, old aircraft
RouteBangkok to Sapporo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I was late for my flight"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. I was in the wrong and late for my flight but my friend online checked me in and called a favour so staff would help me when i arrived. But when I arrived staff said she was finished working and left. The plane ended up delayed because the staff were told to wait for me. Clearly staff aren't communicating.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"staff at CNX was in the wrong"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Frankfurt via Bangkok. Our dog can be temperamental with strangers, so it was critical for us to bring her as excess baggage on our flight when we were relocating from Thailand to Portugal. When we booked our flights, the booking agent at the Thai Airways Corporate offices told us that a dog up to 40kg (animal and crate) would be $750 USD to transport her as excess baggage to Europe. The agent’s quote was consistent with the Thai Airways Pet Travel policy found on their website. We arrived at Chiang Mai International Airport on Christmas Day with Tam, and all of our belongings approximately 2½ hours before our flight. We provided the ticketing agent with the printed reservation confirmation (including all of the updates) that had been provided to us by the booking agent at the Corporate Offices. When we checked in, we had other issues regarding our baggage and associated fees but that is secondary to what followed. We loaded Tam (crate and all) onto the luggage scale and the total weight was 39.8 kg. Shortly thereafter, the ticketing agent told us that Tam could not travel with us on our flight because she was over 32kg. This was in direct contradiction to what the Thai Airways website says, as well as our reservation confirmation that we made in person at Thai Airways Corporate office in Chiang Mai. There we stood at the Thai Airways counter on Christmas day, after months of preparation, checking and double-checking that we had complied with all of the travel and export requirements, ensuring that the 40kg. weight limit was allowed and documented on our booking confirmation, in total disbelief. We spent 2 hours at the ticketing counter dealing with an agent who seemed entirely indifferent about the circumstances. The only explanation that she was able to provide was “Bangkok not accept”. We had to ask for a supervisor and eventually the highest person in charge for Thai Airways at the airport. After speaking with the Supervisor and being told once again that Tam could not fly with us, the Duty Manager eventually came down and told us that the booking agent in the Corporate Offices should not have made the reservation for our dog. On 2 January, I sent a lengthy email to three Directors at Thai Airways describing our experience. Several days later I received an email confirmation from Thai Airways Customer Relations Dept. that they received my email and would be conducting an investigation into our situation. On 10 January, I sent a follow-up email about our case. On 12 January I received an email from the Chief of the Customer Relations Svc. Dept. regarding the investigation that they completed on our case. In the Chief’s response, she acknowledged that Thai Airways Staff at CNX was in the wrong and should have accepted our dog on our flight, but she indicated that because we were given additional baggage allowance (as a gesture of goodwill) that there was nothing further Thai Airways would do for us. On 12 January another email was directed to Customer Relations, the Chief, Directors and VP's. In it I expressed that while we appreciated the gesture, including the additional bags was a soft cost to Thai Airways and that it surely did not compensate for their error. I also highlighted that bringing Tam on our flight as excess baggage was the single most important factor in selecting Thai Airways. As 01/18 I have heard nothing further from Thai Airways.
RouteChiang Mai to Frankfurt via Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"never again Thai Airways"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Paris. We boarded over 4.30 hrs late, with excuses but without the slightest snack. The staff smile can never make me forget this unpleasant adventure. Clean comfortable seat, Thai food too spicy cannot eat, also cannot change. It's a pity for me, never again Thai Airways.
RouteBangkok to Paris

"Overall it was just OK"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London via Bangkok. Boarding at Bangkok was a bit disorganised and we departed one hour late due to 'short flight time' - the crew was efficient and polite but not particularly friendly and there was no attempt made to personalise the service. About 1 hour after take off a crew member asked me if I would change seats from 12A to 12K so that a family could sit together - I reluctantly agreed and the crew stood and watched as I made 4 trips through the galley with my drinks, nuts, books, gadgets, carry on luggage etc - not one offered to give me a hand. The catering was fine although nothing out of the ordinary. The seat was comfortable enough and there's plenty of space to spread out. The IFE is poor - way below what you'd get on SQ or Emirates - even Malaysia Airlines is better in this regard. They gave out a 5mb free wifi card - paid wifi is really expensive. Overall it was just OK.
RouteJakarta to London via Bangkok

"not a premium airline"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Bangkok. Thai Airways is not a premium airline in my opinion. Boarding was via bus at Bangkok airpor. Staff are very unfriendly and lazy. No Thai smile on this flight. Food the worst I have had on any airline.
RouteBrisbane to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"they certainly achieved the service"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Flew Bangkok to Incheon via Hong Kong. Thai Airways is known for its service. I believe they certainly achieved the service. The cabin crew's service was beyond 'nice'. They were willing to help at any given time, and when I informed the crews that the restroom was a bit dirty, (because somebody decided to throw the toilet paper to the toilet and flush it) they rushed in to clean after saying 'thanks for informing us'. I really loved how they handled that issue without any frustration. Brilliant work ethics were shown there. The aircraft itself made me think like 'well, cabin crews deserve a better plane than this!'. Seat was very uncomfortable because of the metal box that was sitting under the seat in front of me - and my seat wasn't the only seat where I could see those fixed-metal boxes and I was (by the way, I'm not that tall, I'm only 1.78m) forced to spend the most of the flight with one leg stretched all the way, and another crammed in. Only positive I can think of is the fact that the seat formation was 3-3-3 instead of 3-4-3. However, the reason why I gave 1 star in seat comfort is because I would've given a 0 if this 777 was 3-4-3! That metal box is very annoying, so be sure to check your seat before you book your seat. IFE wasn't good. Not only were the contents missing, but display itself was a mess. My eyes started hurting after 2 minutes of movie watching, and I couldn't see anything from the movie properly. If I had an option to not have IFE and not have the prementioned iron box thing, I would probably choose not to have IFE. (It was that miserable). That's the reason why I gave a 1 in IFE. Food was good except for the fact that one option ran out. That's the mere reason why I gave four on that category. Well, I wouldn't recommend you to fly this airline if you have alternatives like Emirates, Singapore Airlines, etc if you're flying 777-300. If your flight is with the relatively newer fleet, then you might take a risk, but I wouldn't advise that, as Singapore and Asiana were cheaper that time, but I decided to take a risk and got the 773. To conclude, my flight to Incheon was not good. The service was perfect, but the fleet wasn't.
RouteBangkok to Incheon via Hong Kong

"all flights on time"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Bangkok return. Good trip with all flights on time. Priority immigration and security at Bangkok is a godsend. One drawback is that it is obvious Thai has cut back on their catering. I miss the sumptuous cheese platters. The lounge they use in Taipei now is a real drag, very poor food and drink selection (not that their old lounge was any better).
RouteTaipei to Bangkok

"full dinner is served"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Frankfurt. After take off a full dinner (with electrical candles) is served on this flight. Breakfast served on this flight before landing in FRA and you can choose your own breakfast in the evening. The seats for business class are very comfy since you get full leg room width which give you much more freedom in movement during sleep. The screen is huge (approx. 17 inch). The remote control is a tough screen type. There are 2 type of seating at TG for the A380. The new one is slightly better with better remote control. Some how the floor is very noisy during the night when staff are moving around. The amenity kit is okay. The headphone set for long haul is a noise cancelling type and is very good.
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2017

"lack of customer service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Rome via Bangkok. I could not get to Bali to get my flight to Rome with Thai and I contacted them a few times. There's no way to communicate with THAI after 5pm and on week ends and when calling the New Zealand customer service they were not able to help me. I was redirected to Bangkok where they weren't able to help me. The only answer I got was to cancel the flight and buy a new one. I have never seen such lack of customer service.
RouteDenpasar to Rome