Top 100 Airlines

Thai Airways

"a great experience"

Verified Review | Rome to Melbourne via Bangkok with Thai Airways, and a great experience. Comfortable seats with heaps of legroom. I'm 6 feet tall and still had inches between my knees and the seats in front. Very friendly cabin crew, food was delicious (choose the Thai food option). This has got to be one of the best economy class offerings around at the moment. I will certainly fly Thai again.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteFCO to MEL via BKK

"food was again great"

(Sri Lanka)

Verified Review | Colombo to Shanghai via Bangkok on Thai Airways. Our request to have seats together at the check in counter was ignored and me and my family had to exchange our seats. The crew were rude on both the flights from CMB to BKK and BKK to PVG. One of the attendants just threw a hot towel at me in a hurry to distribute them. The only thing I found pleasant about this flight was the food as it was really filling and the dessert was superb. The return flight from Beijing to Colombo was a pleasant experience. Good legroom and unlike the previous flights the crew were very friendly and helpful. The food was again great with a traditional Thai mango dessert which was delicious. The only drawback was the IFE as It didn't have enough options to choose from. What keeps me away from flying Thai again is the attitude of the cabin crew.
RouteCMB to PVG via BKK

"service is inconsistent"

(Myanmar)

Verified Review | In general, these were excellent flights from Yangon to Auckland via Bangkok, though as always, service on Thai Airways is inconsistent. For 3 of the 4 flights, the crew were friendly, engaging and clearly enjoying their work. Service was attentive and very responsive. From AKL-BKK, it seemed that all the cabin crew were a bit under the weather; there were no smiles, service was robotic, the galleys were empty on a few occasions, and the toilets were the dirtiest I have ever seen on TG (they are usually spotless and frequently cleaned). It seemed that they had all slipped off to sleep somewhere. Apart from this, the food was good on all legs, as was the selection of alcohol. IFE selection was varied and generally worked well, with the occasional hiccup. All flights on time, and were very comfortable; the 777-200ER has very generous legroom in economy class.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteRGN to AKL via BKK
Date FlownApril 2016

"the service was flawless"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Chiang Mai with Thai Airways. From check in to arrival on both legs the service was flawless. Outward on the A330 and return on a newish A320. Flights on time and a friendly efficient crew. A small snack served not very appealing though. A separate tea and coffee service. Last but not least, a very competitive price.
AircraftA330 / A320
RouteBKK to CNX

"served individually"

It seems that Thai Airways is experimenting a new way to serve meals in C class between Paris and Bangkok. Instead of using a trolley, each passenger is served their meal individually, and it takes a lot of time to serve 62 passengers. I had to wait 1h 45 after take off to get my first meal. Returning from BKK I decided to get the snack instead of the dinner to avoid waiting. The staff is running, stressed and you can feel it.
RouteBKK to CDG
Date FlownApril 2016

"the fare was good value"

Verified Review | Thai Airways use a fairly new B777 on this London to Bangkok route and the fare was good value, cheaper than EVA. A surprise how good Thai Airways are, modern Boeing 777, big IFE screens, better food than EVA and more generous with drink, the stewardesses ensure window blinds are kept firmly down during flight hours. A male steward put my duty free in the fridge. At check-in offered a seat with space to stretch out;, I would say EVA Air marginally beats Thai for leg space and pitch. If Thai Airways could offer premium/economy with extra legroom it would be the icing on the cake.
RouteLHR to BKK
Date FlownApril 2016

"good, solid flight overall"

Bangkok to Melbourne with Thai Airways. A good, solid flight overall. Service very good but not premium of the past. Breakfast delayed due to turbulence. Can't be helped for sure. But why insist on serving eggs? Inedible. Long flight. Only one snack and no snack options. Delicious dinner served at good time 2 hours before landing.
RouteBKK to MEL

"food was very tasty"

Verified Review | A great experience from check-in, a clean and well stocked lounge, and the 30 minute spa experience was welcome after a long trip. The A380 staggered business seats are one of the most comfortable in the sky. Pre departure beverage service was prompt, Vueve in a flute glass. Menus at seats, and was able to postpone service until I had a few hours of sleep. FA was at my seat when I awoke, provided water and inquired if I now wanted to eat. I was then served my meal order from prior to my sleep. Food was very tasty and seasoned. The cabin and restrooms were well maintained.
RouteBKK to NRT
Date FlownMarch 2016

"professionalism of the crew"

Verified Review | London to Bangkok return. Having used most Gulf based airlines when flying to and from South East Asia over the past three years, accepting the inevitable transfer time-wait until the next leg, I thought it was time to experience a change. So, for my recent flight from London to Bangkok, I booked with Thai Airways which now operates the A380 – and of course, flies non-stop. Travel to Heathrow by road from my home in Mid Essex, is always a bit of a gamble with regards to allowing sufficient time to arrive. The now ubiquitous delays on the M25 have to be allowed for, which I did on this occasion and reached Terminal 2 just before 0800hrs, for my scheduled departure at 11.50hrs. To my disappointment and surprise when presenting myself at the check-in desk, was being told that the flight would not now depart until around 15.30hrs. 'Late coming in from Bangkok', was the reason. That I had not ben informed of this long delay, was irritating, as my personal contact details were available to them. Putting all this behind me (but not looking forward to waiting around the airport for almost 8 hours) I spent the time as constructively as possible, particularly sending notifications to the Bangkok car airport transfer company, the hotel I'd reserved and the company with whom I had an appointment the following morning. Once on board, it was immediately apparent that the cabin crew were well trained, polite and helpful. The A380 aircraft is a big beast and the internal configuration design is appealing. Long haul flights like this one exceeding 11 hours, are never easy to bear but I have to say that Thai Airways have provided all possible features and amenities to soften this burden. My seat was as good as it gets, the entertainment system worked perfectly with plenty of choice - and all meals served to a good standard. Noticeably, a press of the seat call button produced an immediate appearance of a member of the cabin crew, an occurrence not always experienced when flying with some airlines. The plane actually made up a little time, which meant arrival at Bangkok was three hours behind schedule. So, as to the flight itself, I have no complaints, rather to compliment the professionalism of the crew for making it as comfortable as possible. With my Asian itinerary completed, it was time to return to the UK. On arrival at the Thai Airways desk, I was extremely pleased to be offered a space available cabin upgrade. The return journey is always some hour+ longer than the outward leg, so lounging on a wide seat, sipping champagne and nibbling caviar-covered biscuits, is not to be sneezed at. Such an upgrade was especially welcome, as I had suffered an injury to my left ankle. Once again, I found the crew's performance to be as first class as the cabin and after eating, I extended my seat, snuggled under a blanket and slept for almost six hours. In summary, both flights were seamless and comfortable. They get a ten out of ten from me. Had the Heathrow departure debacle not occurred, the entire experience would have gained the same marks.
RouteLHR to BKK

"lack of organisation"

Verified Review | Our flight from Sapporo to Bangkok on 1st April was late into Bangkok. We had a 55 min connection to catch TG409 to Singapore. I was flying with wife and 2 young kids. After we took off we asked about our connection in Bangkok and were reassured by crew the flight would be held as there were several passengers that needed to catch the connection. We landed 4.10pm, our connection was due to leave 4.25pm. There were no ground staff holding signs about our connecting flight and after 15 mins running through the airport with young family we arrive at departure gate to find it had departed. We were told no compensation was due as flight TG671 was delayed by fog on take off. It was a sunny morning in Sapporo when we took off - not a hint of fog. After 3 hrs we caught a later flight back to Singapore that was 40 mins late into Singapore. Thai Airways have a lack of organisation and information at Bangkok terminal.
RouteCTS to SIN via BKK