Thai Airways

"Boarding was efficient"

Trip Verified | I travelled with Thai Airways from Sydney to Bangkok. Boarding was efficient. I had Pre-ordered a sea food meal which was delivered before the normal cabin service. I was in the last row so I had a spare seat next to me. I enjoyed the flight and will fly with them whenever possible.
AircraftB747-400
Routesyd to bkk

"enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | I travelled with Thai Airways from Bangkok to Moscow. There was a little issue in Bangkok because they have to check if I have a visa for Russia. After that we all boarded. I have Pre-ordered a sea food meal which was delivered before the normal cabin service. I was in the last row so I had a spare seat next to me. I enjoyed the flight and will fly with them whenever possible.
RouteBangkok to Moscow

"Updates were minimal"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Lahore to Hanoi via Bangkok in May 2018. After having checked in for my flight from Lahore to Bangkok, I was waiting at the gate for the departure. Shortly before the scheduled departure time of 11:40pm an announcement was made informing passengers that the flight departure time had been delayed until 1:30am. At this time no explanation was given as to why this was happening (or if it was it wasn’t communicated in English). After the announcement I spoke to a Thai ground staff member and she told me that the flight had been delayed due to bad weather and had been rerouted to Amritsar, India. I understand that adverse weather occurs from time to time and that all airlines are governed by strict rules regarding how many hours the pilot and cabin crew are allowed to fly. I was however angry and disappointed at how the situation was handled by ground staff. Updates in the form of passenger announcements were minimal. Instead passengers had to search for Thai representatives to find out what was going on. Information was inconsistent and misleading: the plane was delayed due to bad weather; we would be leaving soon; we would not be leaving soon; the plane was delayed due a technical issue; the plan was delayed due to administrative problems in Amritsar. The lack of accurate information just added to the feelings of uncertainty and confusion. The main Thai Airways representative dealing with the situation was out of his depth. At many times during the evening he was surrounded by a mob of angry and confused passengers desperate to know what was going on. The representative tried to maintain his composure but at times raised his voice, including at me, this was extremely unprofessional. The real problems began when the flight was eventually cancelled, and the airline begrudgingly arranged accommodation for the passengers. There was no clear procedure, and nobody knew what was going on. Thai Airways took a situation that was very stressful and made it even more so. There was no clear procedure. Instead staff were constantly on their mobile phones telling customers to “wait a few minutes.” This continued for a couple of hours. Ironically it was the passengers, not the Thai Airways staff, who were most supportive of each other. Everyone was so confused. It really was survival of the fittest. People didn’t know where to go, and some instances gave up altogether. This chaos could have been so easily curtailed in so many ways: information on the loudspeaker system; a point person to explain the procedure; staff holding signs. In all my many years of travelling this was by far the worst experience. It was one of the worst nights of my life.
RouteLahore to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"really friendly and courteous"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Bangkok. The check-in process was smooth. I requested a good window seat, and they kept my request. The airplane was really good. I enjoyed the legroom, the entertainment system (though there was no Wi-Fi even though there was facility for it), and the food also. The staff was really friendly and courteous. This was my first time flying with Thai Airways. And I'm really satisfied with their service, and value for my money.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok

"a 4 star experience"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Manila to Vienna via Bangkok. The first leg from Manila to Bangkok was excellent, I preordered Seafood Meal which is the best option to go with as you get your meal the first before anybody else. The service was great, I always ordered 2 gin tonic and was never refused. Just the service I like, warm, hearty service. Then the second leg from Bangkok to Vienna was disappointing. Only mediocre service when service at all, staff was not present. When asked for a drink I got a response that only one alcoholic drink per time. Maybe because it was a red eye flight there was not the always present service. Seafood meal just awesome, shrimp based both times. Also the smoked salmon entrée wasn't disappointing. There were many cabin crew and when I asked for a drink I even had to go back to the kitchen with them instead of getting it served while watching a movie. However, a 4 star experience all in all because the flights were on time and the entertainment system was very good.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 787
RouteManila to Vienna via Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | The flight from Bangkok to Taipei was excellent, service was outstanding. Crew were very kind and the duration of the flight was smooth. I just want Thai Airways to update the movie list inflight. Please add some movies options such as Hindi or Hollywood latest if possible. Overall service was excellent. I hope the quality of serving remains the same.
RouteBangkok to Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"totally worth it"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Hanoi via Bangkok. Value for money totally worth it. Seat comfort was okay, not really bad or excellent but slippers and other amenities were distributed which was really nice. Staff were really nice and helpful, work with a smile. Food is way better and suits my taste better than going to Hanoi via other airlines. IFE new hollywood movies were there, which was really nice, but just the aircraft was older so the touchscreen did not respond really well but they are replacing it with Boeing 787 which is really beautiful aircraft.
RouteVienna to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Very good service"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Bangkok return. Our family always fly with Thai Airways. Very good service staff from Melbourne and when we come back. Nice food good drink. We will go with you again.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok

"the service is great"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. Thai Airways Royal Silk in 777-200 is relatively old although the service is great providing everything Business Class passengers need. The food is great, Samrab Thai which is Salmon with coconut sauce and rice. The Royal Silk check-in counters had a very minimal number of persons and the check-in process is quick. Expedited immigration for Thai Airways premium travellers is a big thumbs up. The lounge offers decent amount of food selection. The IFE system can be improved though it is fine for a 3 hour flight
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2018

"one of the best airlines"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Mumbai. Thai Airways is one of the best airlines, the cabin crew are friendly and ready to serve. Thai Airways provides best quality of food in sufficient quantity.
RouteBangkok to Mumbai