Thai Airways

"one of the best airlines"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Mumbai. Thai Airways is one of the best airlines, the cabin crew are friendly and ready to serve. Thai Airways provides best quality of food in sufficient quantity.
RouteBangkok to Mumbai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a spare seat beside me!

Trip Verified | Disappointed at the leg room on such a large plane. Massive economy class which thankfully on the outward leg was about three quarters full leaving a spare seat beside me in the middle row aisle seat. So grateful that the considerate lady in front of me didn't recline her seat the whole flight. The return journey was not as good. Night flight so looking forward to some rest before my 07:00 arrival at Heathrow. Unfortunately a full flight. The row of 4 in front of me was occupied by a mother, father and two small children who thought it would be great to simulate a camping holiday by draping the supplied blankets across the tops of the seats and supplying their offspring with led torches which they persisted in shining throughout the night keeping all other passengers awake. They reclined all 4 seats meaning it was impossible to use the tray table for eating or viewing the screens. They ignored any polite request to create room for eating. Why do 3-4 year olds need fully reclined seats for 12 hours - just inconsiderate to the rest of the passengers.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownJune 2018

"a trip of a bygone era"

Trip Verified | Munich to Sydney via Bangkok. Compared to our outbound leg reviewed previously, the 1st sector on an aging Boeing 747 was a trip of a bygone era. It brought back memories on what is was like flying 40 years ago – with service to match! What a difference the cabin crew can make. Boarding in Munich was orderly. We were seated in row 68JK. After take-off , drinks were offered quickly followed by tasty meals. The very personable Cabin Crew in our area of the aircraft continually made an appearance offering water and drinks. Nothing was too much of a problem. Seats were comfortable and with generous leg-room. There were about 80 seats vacant on this flight so my wife was able to stretch out and get some sleep. Special praise to a female cabin crew member and to male who I thought that their in-flight service was exemplary – and restored my faith in Thai Airways and wanting to travel with them again - after a less than favorable flight reviewed earlier. Flight departed on time, arrived early and was very smooth. We departed the aircraft feeling valued customers. The overnight sector TG 475 BKK/ SYD on a 747 and seated in a similar area was again a most pleasant flight where we had great views of the lights of some major cities, was able to get some sleep and the meals were sufficient and tasty. Flying on the B747 is rapidly coming to an end. It will be a sad day when these comfortable aircraft with ample seat pitch disappear from our skies.
RouteMunich to Sydney via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"Cabin crew less than impressive"

Trip Verified | New is not necessarily always better. SYD-MXP BOEING 747-4 / A350–900. Flight on B747 seated in bulkhead seats to BKK although nothing special – was a pleasant flight. Good legroom, edible food and attentive cabin crew. I remember that boarding in Sydney was a little ‘chaotic’. Flight TG 940 was on a A350-900 from BKK to MXP and was something I was looking forward to flying on for the 1st time. Can’t understand all the hype about this aircraft. I thought it was noisy (even compared to a aging 747), the seats in row 61 were decidedly uncomfortable offering very little under thigh support, I could feel the seat frame through the hard cushion, entertainment system not user friendly and problematic. Frankly, we were glad to get out of the seats in Milan. Thai meals tried to appease the Italians on board and were a dismal failure - not Thai food nor anything else. My Thai wife was in tears in not being able to eat the food on offer on her national airline. I was hungry during the night and went to the galley to ask for a snack - no snacks or fruit. Cabin crew less than impressive – I noted that before take-off - when instructed to arm doors and ‘cross check’ – that 2 of the crew I could see did not cross check. Cabin crew made themself scarce during the night – not coming around to give out water or juice. They never asked passengers anywhere that I could see - to put their seat back upright during meal times - necessitating us requesting those in front to do so . Seat belt sign on during turbulence but people still wandered off to the toilet without crew intervention. The 2nd sector of this trip was memorable for all the wrong reasons as it was and not what we were expecting from Thai. At least we departed and arrived safely on-time.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A350-900
RouteSydney to Milan via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"service was outstanding"

Trip Verified | Flew Thai Airways from Copenhagen to Melbourne via Bangkok. Both flights departed on time. 1-2-1 layout on both aircraft. The seats were comfortable and extended into fully flat beds. The mattress was an added bonus that added to the comfort of the 'bed'. The cabin on the first flight (CPH-BKK) was a little too warm. The service was outstanding and the menu choices were extensive and excellent. However, I did not eat the breakfast on the first flight due to a lack of appetite. The A350 was the superior of the two aircraft. It was much newer and it had a more spacious layout with a higher ceiling. It had lower humidity and quieter engine noise. The mood lighting was more relaxing. The free WIFI voucher (for the first 100mb) given out on the A350 (BKK-MEL) proved to be useless as it kept on going round and round in circles. It asked me to keep on logging in to the plane's WIFI even though I was already logged in. I gave up and watched a couple of movies. The IFE on both flights worked well but choices were limited. Overall, two excellent flights and good value for money. The lounge in Bangkok was excellent and the shower was greatly appreciated. I will fly with Thai again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 & A350
RouteCopenhagen to Melbourne via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2018

"A380 not as good to travel"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok. Good flight despite a few little problems, Seat and in-flight entertainment good, Food very nice and plenty of choices. I find this aircraft A380 not as good to travel on, the crew have too many people to look after so the service is disjointed and sometimes very poor. Not helped by some passengers requiring attention every 5-10 minutes!
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"great daytime flight"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London. Really great daytime flight to London. I prefer the A350 to the A380, the service is far better not too many passengers for the crew to look after and addressed by name, nothing any trouble you just need to ask. Seating great, Inflight Movies very good choice and meals were very tasty. They go the extra mile, all seats have aisle access and face forward.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownDecember 2017

"definitely recommend this airline"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Karachi to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok. Third time I have flown with Thai but it's my first time on the KUL route. It was overall a good experience, the only real complaints are that every meal included a rice and meat dish. Also cabin crew are friendly and help you out. I will definitely recommend this airline.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 77-300ER
RouteKarachi to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Do not use for connecting flights"

Trip Verified | Do not use this airline for connecting flights! Flight delayed by 55 minutes meaning that I had 15 minutes to transfer (stopover time was 1hr 10 mins). Staff provided false reassurance that everything would be okay and not to worry as next flight to Seoul would be in an hour or two. I had to catch this specific flight so I ran as hard as I could and managed to transfer within 15 mins. The plane shut the door as soon as I got on board and departed. Upon arrival, my baggage was left behind in Bangkok. Next flight was ~9 hours time. The staff in Bangkok provided false information. If I had missed this flight I would have had to spend the night in Bangkok. Bag was suppose to arrive at the place I was residing at 9:00pm (14 hours after arriving in Seoul). Bag did not arrive until 12:30am the next morning. I made a complaint on the day and still have not heard back (2 weeks after the incident).
RoutePerth to Seoul via Bangkok

"better than I expected"

Trip Verified | We flew from Perth to Heathrow via Bangkok in late May 2018 and back again in late June. I had never flown long-haul before so had some reservations beforehand but I found it a better experience than I expected. I'm fairly tall but I had enough legroom in both planes. The cabin crew were efficient and we got served plenty of food and drink which was of a high quality. In-flight entertainment was good - I watched 5 movies and a number of TV shows. No problems with our baggage either. We had a 2 night stop-over in Bangkok on the return flight and I left my camera on board the plane. When we got back to Perth a couple of days later I phoned the local office of Thai Airways and they could not have been more helpful. They said they could see what they could do to help me recover my camera. They phoned me about a week later saying they were still looking, and then the next day phoned to say they had found it and would I like to pick it up from their Perth office or the airport. I chose the airport and got it back the next day. And I wasn't charged a cent!
AircraftB787-8 / A380