Best Cabin Crew

Thai Airways

"flights were very pleasant"

(Poland)

Bangkok to Krabi return with Thai Airways. We booked early and managed to get a great deal with Thai Airways. They fly wide body jets on the short one hour domestic flight between Bangkok and Krabi and both the outbound and inbound flights were very pleasant. The outbound jet was newer and had in-seat screens (showing the flight map) whereas the the inbound jet was older and had large cabin screens (the audio during the safety announcement was very crackly and inaudible). The service was good and on both flights we were given a small lunch box with a roll and juice. It's interesting on this flight as some passengers were in transit from international flights and some (like us) were domestic. This meant that when we landed in Krabi we were separated and transferred to two different terminals.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBKK to KBV
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"flights on time and smooth as silk"

(Turkey)

Bangkok-Phuket-Bangkok with Thai Airways. Both flights on time and smooth as silk. The domestic lounge in BKK is pretty basic both in terms of furnishings and food/beverage options. No fast track. However boarding organized and priority boarding for Star Gold enforced on both flights. The 777's offer great comfort on this busy domestic route with good seat pitch and IFE. Lunchbox and hot drinks provided with a smile. The lounge in HKT is a welcome relief considered the inadequate seating space in the domestic departure terminal. Considering the low fare I payed, must say that I am very satisfied with Thai Airways.
RouteBKK to HKT
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cabin crew was welcoming"

We were travelling from Paris to Bangkok in 2015, and my wife and have decided to travel in business class with Thai Airways. It was our first time in an A380 and we were well surprised by the environment of the cabin. Lots of seats in 2 different parts but the seats are well organized to keep some discretion. The cabin crew was welcoming, the food very good - Thai food - and a large choice of beverages. It was a good flight and we will probably choose this airline if we go back in Thailand.
RouteCDG to BKK
Date FlownApril 2015

"admire and commend staff"

(Philippines)

Manila to Delhi via Bangkok return. With Thai Airways you have to ask a blanket or a headphone if you needed one. If the person in front of you reclines their seat you have to adjust your TV also. The stewards are accommodating and I was grateful how they handled the person who won't budge on my child allotted seat. My luggage was left at Bangkok because of a delayed flight from Manila flight, and Thai Airways deliver my luggage at my hotel. My 8 year old son cannot handle spicy food and the stewardess gave him a business class pasta. My experience has its hassles but I admire and commend how gracious the Thai Airways staff.
RouteDEL to MNL via BKK

"a lot of leg room"

(Denmark)

Bangkok to Copenhagen. In Thai Airways premium economy you get a wide seat, a lot of leg room, and this makes the extra money for premium economy worth it. Other benefits are separate check in, lounge access, and the food was surprisingly tasty. But for 11 hours, it's about the seat. If you can afford it, do it.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBKK to CPH

"very good flight"

Bangkok from Singapore, as a Gold Star Alliance member, I got access to the Thai Airways lounge located in Changi Terminal 1. The food is rather limited and the seating limited but it still provides you with a place to quietly do your emails while you wait for your flight. I enjoy flying Thai Airways, particularly on this short route. The planes vary from the Boeing 777 to the A330, but it's always a widebody and while demand for seats is high, the planes are clean and comfortable. They've kept the seating in the 777 3-3-3. Full meal service in this short flight, blankets, pillows and PTV. I've started to see full-service airlines in short routes that won't offer all this. Overall, very good flight, on-time.
RouteSIN to BKK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"crew this time very attentive"

I flew Thai Airways from Auckland to Bangkok with TG492 and then TG920 to Frankfurt. The first flight was with a slightly outdated Boeing 777. The seats seemed quite old and the IFE screen wasn't too responsive. We got lunch and dinner which were very tasty, with premium spirits on demand. The crew seemed quite impatient and weren't too responsive when one put their light on. The second flight was very different though, on a brand new A380. Very comfortable, modern seats. A great IFE with a remote control. Dinner and breakfast were served. Breakfast was fantastic with warm bread and croissants and the crew this time were very attentive. Overall very satisfied with Thai for taking me across the globe and would definitely recommend for ultra long haul journeys.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteAKL to FRA via BKK
Date FlownMay 2015

"food was a disaster"

My husband and I flew Thai Airways economy class from Brisbane to Bangkok to Mandalay, and the seating was very cramped. To add to that the passenger in front of my husband insisted in having his seat back the whole journey except for a very short time during one meal - the seat was virtually in my husbands meal, the crew did nothing until I asked them to and then it was for a very brief time. Because of this we asked at Bangkok for an upgrade to Business Class on our return from Bangkok to Brisbane, and paid an extra A$1046 each for this upgrade. The seats were roomy and service good but the food was a disaster. The entrée was scollops and vegetables - scollops were cold and the vegetables cold. I ordered the prawns and husband ordered veal - the prawns were strong fishy tasting so I swapped with hubby (who will normally eat anything) even though I don't normally eat veal - the veal was very thick and not able to be cut. Breakfast was an omelette with frozen fruit! We have flown Business with other airlines and meals have been fantastic - economy on other airlines has been better than what was served up to us on this flight.
RouteBKK to BNE
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seats are horrible"

(New Zealand)

Thai Airways Business class seat on the Boeing 777-200 from Bangkok to Auckland was horrible. Not lay-flat, it reclines to a steep angle with a horrible foot rest that unless you keep constant pressure on it will keep retracting. Not easy to sleep on your side. Very poor design and not worth the money for business class, or up to the standard of what is expected in 2016! The food was also poor compared to offerings from other airlines. The business class food on Thai matches economy class on other airlines. The Thai Airways Business Lounge at Bangkok Airport also had very cheap food.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteBKK to AKL

"staff with no smile"

My family and friends travelled from Dubai to Hong Kong via Bangkok return. Cabin staff with no smile, and was reluctant to preserve an economy class meal for the kid who was sleeping - I was told to take it then or I might not be able to have it later. The hostess who served me was grumpy as if someone was forcing her to do this job!
AircraftA380 / A330