Vote Now

Thai Airways

"cabin crew incredibly consistent"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Hanoi via Bangkok with Thai Airways. The last two legs flown during Songkran, which added a unique touch to the menu. TG's cabin crew have been incredibly consistent in showcasing the vaunted Thai hospitality at 30,000 feet on all three trips I have taken with them (2007, 2014, 2017). Their IFE, which has ample content, continued to play even after landing, which were all smooth. The only thing TG doesn't seem to have are new aircraft. The planes I took were well-maintained and spotless but at a time when other players boast of equipment barely two years old, you feel like being in a well-maintained and immaculately presented 2001 Toyota Altis with TG while your neighbor pulls up in a 2017 Honda Civic.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / 777-200
RouteManila to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"Issues with on board service"

Verified Review | Flew Thai Airways from Bangkok to London. 12th Feb 2017, no sense from Flight Manager at check in who made no mention that TG916 was delayed. At gate C4 the staff member had no idea why the flight was late. We left the gate 1 hour later. Issues with on board service. Flight Manager told me that their English was not that good which contradicts their corporate policy. Appalling service from cabin crew, poor inflight entertainment and very poor quality food. We touched down at LHR late.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Entertainment didn't work"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Bangkok was late departure, Bangkok to Hanoi was on-time, Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok very late arrival, very late departure, no issue on board. Bangkok to Melbourne late. Entertainment system didn't work on a 9 hr flight, instead of moving us to other seats, the Purser tries to reset, it took nearly two hours for him to fiddle with to no avail, still he doesn't want to move us to other seats, while other passengers are already taking other empty seats prior to taking off. At the end he gave up and suggested to us to move to another two separate seats, why do we need to accept mediocre service? So we refused his offer, he could have done more at the beginning when we told them that he should move us in the first place. Surely they can make a note online or check in that these seats so and so have issues, so passengers don't have to sit on those seats. It wasn't a full flight too. The Purser tries to appease us by offering a bottle of perfume, which I refused, as we only want a working entertainment system that works. While I was sleeping he gave my wife two Business Class amenities - we do not want TG amenities in lieu of non-working entertainment system. Cabin crew are mostly good, I find some are very slow to response. On a good note, the meals are excellent for economy class.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2017

"was very pleasantly surprised"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. It is some years since I flew with TG and was very pleasantly surprised. This short flight was excellent in most regards. I was able to select my seat on booking some weeks ahead, the price was very reasonable, the aircraft interior seemed relatively new, my lunch of chicken and noodles was tasty and, despite being completely full, the 9-across seating on the 777 was comfortable. The flight attendants could perhaps have smiled a bit more often but they were obviously extremely busy throughout the flight. Took off on time. With ongoing runway repairs on BKK's eastern runway, 15 minutes being stacked prior to landing was far from unreasonable.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"A350 flight was rather stuffy"

(China)

Verified Review | Flew TG409 from Bangkok to Singapore. Unlike my departing flight from Singapore to Bangkok, I was rather disappointed that this A350 flight was rather stuffy, I could simply suspect the air-con was not even working normally. I did not get an aisle seat because all seats were taken when I tried to pre-select seats. But the good thing about this flight was that the IFE screen is very new, with the tail camera function, my pre-ordered seafood meal was tasty and was served very soon after take-off. My window seat on the right offered me a stunning sunset view.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2017

"this was an enjoyable experience"

(China)

Verified Review | Singapore to Bangkok. I was surprised that the aircraft is swapped from the scheduled B777-200 to B777-300ER. This is the newest Boeing 777 aircraft in the fleet, the cabin is cooling, every seat features with new IFE screens. There is limited variety of music but a wide variety of movies. The only thing that dissatisfy me is that the scheduled aircraft kept changing, my pre selected seat was gone, at Changi Airport the check in staff was unfriendly, as he was very impatient when I asked for the reason. But overall this was an enjoyable experience on the Boeing 777-300ER , my pre-ordered seafood meal is tasty.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Thai domestic is a nice experience"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Phuket to Bangkok. I fly this route once a week. They use the same Star Alliance livery A330 for the last flight from Bangkok and the return next day early morning. I noticed that the snack meal is much better to the return flight (or happened to change this week). The same there is a big difference (up to the day) of the skills of the cabin crew. To this last flight the behavior was exceptional and always far better than Thai Smile. Anyway arrival on time, feeling of security and fast bag delivery. Apart the old aircraft flying Thai domestic is a nice experience.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"an enjoyable relaxing flight"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Perth to Bangkok. Check in was fast as we were early. The check in staff advised the flight was not full and put us in the middle with 2 aisle seats and middle seat empty. On board staff all smiles, my first time on a Boeing 787, saw the overhead locker was pretty high, I am 5ft 8inches and could not see into the back of the overhead locker unless I stood on the seat. The aircraft seemed pretty spacious with high ceiling and large windows. We had plenty of leg room and seat was comfortable for a 7hr flight. Plenty of movies and TV shows to watch. Meal was a choice of chicken curry or fish. I had the chicken curry and it was delicious with rice and crunchy beans. My partner had the fish and he said it was delicious. Soft drinks wine and spirits were offered with the meal service. The wine was ok after one glass decided to stay with ginger ale. Service was professional and smiles all round. Throughout the flight they offered water and juice, later in the flight they offered mango ice blocks, yummy. Toilets were kept clean and fresh, they are good sized toilet on this aircraft 787. Great service and real nice food, would have been nice if they could have offered a second helping. Thank you Thai for making an enjoyable relaxing flight.
RoutePerth to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2017

"impressed with their service"

Unverified | Chennai to Hong Kong via Bangkok. This was my first time with Thai Airways. I was impressed with their service. Food was decent and I was surprised by their onbord service. Their inflight entertainment was not bad either. I would recommend this airline.
RouteChennai to Hong Kong via Bangkok

"fantastic experience"

(Brazil)

Unverified | Flew Thai Airways from Bangkok to Phuket. Fantastic experience at a very low price. Speedy check-in, fast track for security, pleasant lounge. Nice food on board, however very limited drinks. Very modern 777, with full-flat beds, 1x2x1, and international IFE. Priority luggage was delivered first.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER