Vote Now

Thai Airways

"Excellent food and service"

Verified Review | An excellent trip to Chiang Rai from Singapore via Bangkok with Thai Airways. All four flights left and arrived on time. The Bangkok legs were in Business Class and the Thai Smile portion in Premium Economy. Excellent food and service on all four sectors. The planes were clean as were the toilets. An efficient airline which offers a massive amount of space in business class.
RouteSingapore to Chiang Rai via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service nothing to talk about"

Verified Review | Hyderabad to Phuket via Bangkok, and Bangkok to Hong Kong. I used my miles and more mileage to buy the ticket. I find Thai Airways seats very very uncomfortable. The India departure was in the middle of the night, I eat in the lounge so I can sleep on that short 3 hour flight, but it was not possible. I don't like angle lie flat seats. The crew from Hyderabad to Bangkok was the nicest, but the crews on the other two flights were cold, I felt if at all plastic similes. The Business class service is nothing to talk about. Non of the 3 short flights were amenities were given and everything was basic.
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / A330
RouteHyderabad to Phuket via Bangkok

"In the end I gave up"

Verified Review | Flew Thai Airways from Bangkok to Melbourne. My screen wasn't working so I notified the air hostess. She looked annoyed but went away muttering something about fixing it. A fair amount of time passed and nothing was happening. I started pressing buttons on the control, then she appeared and practically snatched it out of my hand and said something like "don't touch takes 10 minutes". So I waited and waited and waited. In the end I gave up and decided to try to sleep. I put the blanket over my head and relaxed. Within 10 minutes she was tapping at me saying "try now try now". It didn't work. She asked if I wanted to move seats I said yes. So finally sitting with a working screen. Then when the meals came around I was given a vegetarian meal. I tried to tell them I didn't order it but they said "just wait" I felt like a child in school being chastised! Same hostess who was supposedly fixing my screen came to me and asked what the problem was. I said I didn't order this may I have a normal meal. She then went on to to say why are you in this seat its not yours. I said you told me to sit here because my screen wasn't working.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne

"pretty nice service"

Verified Review | Thai Airways has a pretty nice service, hot snack. Due to the number of passengers between Phuket and Bangkok jumbo jets are used on the route and the company proposes an IFE for the short 1H flight. However, you can feel that Thai is facing tough times as the choice of food and drinks has been drastically cut. The only drink offered is water or juice, which puts Thai below European carriers (except BA) for short hauls. Overall a cheap flight, with a nice IFE but below standards food and drinks.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not fly this airline again"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Mumbai by Thai Airways 777. The flight was delayed by 1.5 hours. While boarding the flight we were not welcomed warmly. When I gave a call for a glass of water, they did not respond. I had to go to fetch some water for myself. The seats were quite comfortable but was not impressed with their legroom (31-32 inch setas pitch). The flight arrived at Mumbai airport after a delay of 2 hours. I will not fly this airline again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBKK to BOM
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Thai Airways needs to improve"

Verified Review | Thai Airways needs to improve. The A330 on route from Krabi to Bangkok seemed to be a very old and outdated model. Shows major signs of wear and tear. Special meal was not catered and the onboard staff were absolutely careless. On the night flight (BKK to FRA) no decaffeinated coffee was available in the upper economy class galley. It caused major confusion amongst the onboard staff to make decaffeinated coffee readily available. Even a main purser was unable to straighten out this problem. Highly disappointing and undignified and unworthy of a four star airline. Luggage arrived in Frankfurt with major damage.
AircraftA330/A380
RouteKrabi to Frankfurt via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not really worth paying for"

Verified Review | London to Bangkok. I had stayed In the Singapore Airlines Heathrow lounge until final boarding was called and the gate was across from the lift exit. The person controlling passenger entry to the upper or lower deck entry looked at me and said 'economy?' I said 'first'. I was directed to the right hand aisle and after sorting myself out was offered a drink. Then a person introduced herself as a flight manager and said to ask her about anything. Flight took ages from gate to take off as Heathrow was full. Seat is wide and comfortable but I could always see middle seat passenger whilst seat was in sitting position. Had more Champagne after takeoff with a funny bit of chicken first, followed by a Thai northern sausage, which was hot, but I did not like the cooked egg dish or nuts. The caviar is now served in a controlled portion screw top bottle with plated garnitures and vodka has to be requested. I chose a Thai selection for main course which was extensive. Duck in red curry was not very succulent as I don't think that reheating duck can turn out very well, unless as Confit. Dried shrimp was fiercely hot. Long cooked soft pork was soft. I did not need anything else but the cheese looked nothing special. Red wine was an improvement on anything offered in Thai that I have ever had. Sleeping was not so good. Seat length and width are good. But the seat is hard and segmented, the seat cover and blanket are of poor quality and they could purchase United Polaris pillows rather than the uncomfortable two currently on offer. I was in 1K and the lighting from the front staircase was intrusive. By the way, the bar area at the front of the plane is disused, apart from providing somewhere to sit whilst your bed is being made up. Overall not really worth paying for over Business class product.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cabin crew was friendly"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Hanoi. The flight departed on time. The ground staff was friendly and professional. The flight was short, just over 1 hour, and uneventful. A small dish of chicken fried rice was served shortly after takeoff. It was good especially since I did not have a chance to eat breakfast. The cabin crew was friendly and the seat was comfortable. I did not use the inflight entertainment system since it was a short flight.
RouteBangkok to Hanoi
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"they need to verify my visa"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | I had a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Auckland with transit via Bangkok airport. Upon checking in at KUL airport, my New Zealand visa was verified by Thai Airways staff. I have a 5 year working permit, and it's not my first trip out of New Zealand and back. Me and my luggage was checked in all the way to Auckland. However, I had to pick up my boarding pass for KUL - Auckland stretch in Bangkok airport. At Bangkok airport I was advised by Thai Airways representative that they need to verify my visa. On my remark that it was verified in KUL airport already, I was advised that their internal system isn't working and they cannot check. I was told to wait. After waiting for 1 hour, I came to the counter, and asked what is going on. A Thai airways representative said he sent Telex to New Zealand immigration, and there's no reply from them. So he cannot put me on the flight unless he gets response from them. He said my visa isn't real and there is something wrong with my passport, that's why there's no feedback. I told him to call the immigration. He said they cannot do overseas calls. Eventually, I called Auckland airport and asked to put me through to immigration. I talked to the immigration officer, who confirmed that it's not the right thing that Thai Airways is doing. He talked to the representative then, and gave me the direct number of the immigration office that deals with the airline inquiries. I called that number, and while talking to the immigration officer the Thai Airways staff gave me the pushed the boarding pass. My first and last flight with Thai Airways.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Auckland via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cabin crew were friendly and attentive"

Verified Review | Flew from Bangkok to Singapore. Very nice flight. The cabin crew were friendly and attentive. The plane was a new A350 and I found the seat comfortable. The meal served was decent, but was not as good as Thai has served in the past. That said, it was only a 2 hour flight so the food is not important to me. Overall, I would recommend Thai Airways for their comfort and service.
RouteBangkok to Singapore