Top 100 Airlines

Thai Airways

"not what we were expecting"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I'm a Star Alliance Gold member taking First Class from Paris to Bangkok in Apr 2016 with my 4 year old son. The onboard experience was not what we were expecting. There was a lack of foods and drinks and it was difficult to get crew attentions - most of the requests were forgotten. Our prior foods request were abandoned - front areas access limitation (front FC toilet, walkway, and lounge) requested for all other 15 first class passengers with only one back toilet. We had 2nd meal during the flight as it's dinner time in Paris, my boy got a plate of omelette and I got a bowl of noodle. I was having a bad choice to select Thai Airways.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteCDG to BKK

"attendants were friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Bangkok on B777-200 which is good aircraft, the flight attendants were friendly, boarding was fast and food that was served delicious and. BKK to CGK sector was by A330, the flight attendant were friendly, and again foods were good. However, the foods that were served should have Halal sticker.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A330

"service was impeccable"

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong to Perth via Bangkok with Thai Airways. First sector was on A330, fairly comfortable seat although it's not the newest and angle lie-flat. For a short flight it's fine. Service is courteous and efficient. Plenty of drink rounds, warm and cool towels etc. Meals were of small portion but taste fine (Thai choice). On arrival in BKK, I used the smaller TG lounge at concourse E, it's relatively small and crowded, but still find seats. Onward journey on 787, a great plane with flat bed seat. It's only half full so very comfortable. Once again, service was impeccable and enthusiastic. Food was of small portion again. Served a second meal which was just fruits and sandwiches. Being a short 6 hour flight, I slept for about 2 hours, plane arrived slightly early. For the price I paid, I was satisfied with everything. If there is only one gripe, it's that both flights were parked on the tarmac instead of aero-bridge, we had to be bussed. Being back in their home base, this is quite a bad surprise. If in rainy weather, it could be quite troublesome. I feel this is their way of cutting costs here and there.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787
RouteHKG to PER via BKK
Date FlownMay 2016

"an entirely pleasant flight"

Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong with Thai Airways. This was an entirely pleasant flight. Check in was instantenous, boarding was quick and efficient, and the flight crew were friendly and solicitous. There were only 6 passengers in the 40 seat business cabin. Lunch service offered four main choices. I went with the sweet and sour pork, which was tasty but somewhat blander than I expected from a Thai chef. The champagne served was Vueve Clicquot one of my favorites at home when I want to splurge. We arrived on-time, and my luggage was on the belt as soon as I cleared immigration.
RouteICN to HKG
Date FlownMay 2016

"attentive and professional crew"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | TG671 from Sapporo to Bangkok on 8th May in business class. All is fine and near perfect except for a few issues for improvement. The IFE on my seat 15J is quite annoying since its volume always becomes louder after each inflight announcement by the crew and I had to adjust it every time after each announcement. Also, my wife's request for an additional pillow was turned down with a reason that it is a full flight and there is no spare pillow! The outbound Bangkok to Sapporo TG670 on 2nd May was perfect with attentive and professional crew. Thanks.
RouteCTS to BKK
Date FlownMay 2016

"no individual inflight entertainment"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Bangkok 3.5 hr flight, and no individual inflight entertainment. I had booked my flight and specifically chosen Thai Airways because of its superior selection of movies and other entertainment compared to Garuda Indonesia. Thai Airways should provide information to its customers which flights have inflight entertainment and which flights don't.
Date FlownApril 2016

"cost of ticket is expensive"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Thai Airways from Bangkok to Paris return. Flight was on time and boarding was done quite fast. The cabin staff on the way to Paris were fine, food was poor quality, seat was fine and enough space for my legs. On the way back to Bangkok, staff were not as nice and food was worse. Where was the famous Thai smile? The only good thing about this flight is because its direct. The cost of ticket is expensive compared with other airlines.
RouteBKK to CDG

"very recommended airline"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I flew on a Thai Airways Boeing 777-200 from Jakarta to Bangkok return. The ground service was good, an on time departure, the flight was only 2h 55m. Cabin crew very polite and smile to us, the meal is delicious, but the inflight entertainment from Bangkok to Jakarta can't be used. Inflight duty free but not many items are sold. But overall is good, very recommended airline.

"staff were all smiles"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Flew Thai Airways from Auckland to Bangkok. The aircraft was a 777-200 and seating was 3-3-3. The flight was not too full and there were plenty of vacant seats at the back. Leg room was better then I expected and the IFE was quite good, a fair selection of movies and TV shows. Kept us entertained throughout our 11hr flight. The staff were all smiles and very attentive. We were served lunch a couple hours out of Auckland and we loved the Thai and Asian food served, so delicious and good portions, white wine and red wine offered. Dinner was also delicious. The toilets were clean and tidy. This was one of our best flights in economy.
RouteAKL to BKK

"a great experience"

Verified Review | Rome to Melbourne via Bangkok with Thai Airways, and a great experience. Comfortable seats with heaps of legroom. I'm 6 feet tall and still had inches between my knees and the seats in front. Very friendly cabin crew, food was delicious (choose the Thai food option). This has got to be one of the best economy class offerings around at the moment. I will certainly fly Thai again.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER