Thai Airways

Review by (China) 2nd August 2015

Holiday trip of a family of 5. The whole experience has been flawless. Seat comfort, legroom, private space, cleanliness, service and crew on board, excellent food, drinks to choose from (alcoholic and non): everything was perfect. Not the cheapest trip but not the most expensive either.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteGuanzhou, China to Bangkok, Thailand

Review by (Netherlands) 1st August 2015

I had a very good flight on Thai Airways' Economy Class from Bangkok to Phuket. Thai has a good website and app which I used to check-in, add my ticket to the Passbook app and chose my seat. Since I'm very tall the ground stewardess offered me an emergency row seat, which apparently are kept from online check-in, free of charge when I checked in my hold luggage. I thought this was a very nice gesture and am very thankful for it. The rest of the ground and cabin crew from Thai were also very professional, kind and helpful. The seat was comfortable and thanks to the kind ground stewardess I had all the leg room I needed. Food and drinks were good and tasty. I liked the coconut dessert and the fact that on a short flight there was another round of drinks after the meal. The downside to the emergency exit row was the fact that I didn't have my own entertainment screen. There was also no WiFi available. On this short flight I didn't miss either though. Thank you Thai Airways for this smooth flight!
RouteBangkok to Phuket

Review by (India) 30th July 2015

I have traveled Thai Airways almost 12 times in the last 8 months. Great staff and service. Surprisingly the Indian food served during my travel from Mumbai to Bangkok and Bangkok to Jakarta was much better than most other Indian services that I have tried. Infotainment system is good too.
RouteMumbai to Jakarta via Bangkok

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th July 2015

BKK-SYD-BKK Easy check-in. Received nice welcome as I produced my frequent flyer card. Decent legroom for economy and seat comfy. Food out superb. IFE ok, but not many films. Decent size screen. Plane had ample toilets including 6 at the back. Arrived Sydney ahead of schedule. Return trip pretty much the same though the food not quite as nice as outward flight. Offers of refreshment plentiful. To me Thai is a top quality airline so book with confidence.
RouteBangkok to Sydney

Review by (Malaysia) 12th July 2015

Good experience for this short haul flight. Flight attendants were a bit too fast serving the meal, although the flight is only 1 hr 50 minutes. TG417 on 30 June 2015.
RouteBKK to KUL

Review by (Japan) 9th July 2015

We flew on the new Boeing 777-300 on the HND-BKK leg and Thai's last two B737-400 on the BKK-VTE-BKK legs. On the return leg to Haneda, we flew the B747-400. Hardware-wise, I think everything was great. The food was good, seats were comfortable, and the plane was clean. The IFE could be improved further though. Service-wise, I would say Thai Airways is inconsistent. On all the four legs flown, I saw cabin crew from the the super helpful and friendly to rude and unfriendly. If Thai could improve on their service, I think Thai deserves another star.
AircraftBoeing 777-300/737-400/747-400
RouteTokyo to Vientiane via Bangkok

Review by (New Zealand) 7th July 2015

Our flight from Auckland to Amsterdam on was delayed 8 hours and we missed the connecting flights. We were assured that Thai staff would reconnect our flights at Bangkok so that we wouldn't need to do anything. When we finally left NZ (8 hours later) and reached Bangkok we were provided with a hotel room and free breakfast. That was refreshing and much appreciated. However, Thai Airways arranged for our flights direct to Amsterdam via another airline but unfortunately didn't tell us. So we were running around Bangkok Airport trying to figure out where our new boarding passes were, who was flying with whom and when. We also didn't know what happened to our luggage. Finally, it took 46 hours in total to reach Amsterdam (includes delay, overnight stay, flights in transit) from Auckland. Better communication to stranded passengers would have resulted in an ideal outcome as we were unsure as to how long we would be stranded in Bangkok and the location of our luggage. In saying that, the Thai Airways staff on the plane were friendly, food was fantastic, and the ample refreshments were great. We enjoyed the flight service better than the ground service.
RouteAuckland to Amsterdam via Bangkok

Review by (France) 3rd July 2015

I am very disappointed by Thai Airways. I have always believed it was one of those oriental gems and that I would enjoy a silky flight. Unfortunately it started very badly as I made an error in the booking and the company charged £100 to correct it. The flight itself was unimpressive, mediocre food, mediocre entertainment and mediocre staff. The crew was unsmiling. At least the flight was more or less on time.
RouteLondon to Bangkok

Review by (Germany) 28th June 2015

The new seat design is comfy, only the middle seats are quite close to the neighbor. Food very good choices. Beverages reasonable. Inflight entertainment with lots of films. Monitor does not allow you to tilt vertically or sideward. Headphone is very big and heavy and it does not have the noise suppression. They took the menu after i order the food. I ask for white wine and they just brought any wine, even that they had 3 kinds available.
RouteFRA to HAN via BKK

Review by (Australia) 27th June 2015

Flew Melbourne to Bangkok return in economy. Melbourne to Bangkok: Hot towels were given out after take off, a drinks round and then dinner was served. Food was decent for economy class. Good choice of inflight entertainment. Cabin crew were polite and friendly and did their jobs to a high standard. Drinks offered many times by staff, and drinks were available in the galley as well. Breakfast served before landing. Bangkok to Melbourne: Much the same as the in bound flight, crew excellent and several drink rounds were offered. However had to take shuttle bus from terminal to the plane even though the aerobridge was not in use.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok