Airline of the Year

Thai Airways

"seat was rather comfortable"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Munich. Boarding was very quick and efficient and we were soon sitting on our seats that we had reserved online in advance. The aircraft was pretty worn, IFE screen was tiny and the resolution reminded me of flights I took between shortly after personal screens were introduced. At least the content was on demand. The seat was rather comfortable and every passenger got a blanket and a pillow. However, the seat felt narrow and it was not possible for me to find a comfortable sleeping position without constantly touching some buttons of the IFE remote, which had the result, that the screen was constantly switched on again. The crew was disappointing, they were not able to live up to the reputation Thai has. Although they were very efficient and service oriented, I almost felt as if they were yelling at me. The cover of my armrest was loose and fell off. When I told the FA, she put it back and said " It's okay?". Needless to say it fell off again shorty after. Food was OK, but not exceptional.
RouteBangkok to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"pleasant and happy to help"

Verified Review | London to Bangkok return. Heathrow check in was smooth at Terminal 2 and got to the gate and boarded the flight without any issues. Cabin crew were very polite and with a lovely Thai Smile as you would get anywhere in Thailand. The seat was like an exit seat and had plenty of leg room which was great and even managed to charge my phone on board. The B777 was nice inside and looks like it has had an upgrade to add plug sockets to charge devices which is great. Through out the flight the cabin crew were pleasant and always happy to help. 2 meals were served on board which were nice and appealing. On landing. Exiting the plane was smooth and no issues and was given a Thai farewell. The return journey back to Heathrow from BKK. Checking in at BKK was easy as always and no problems and check in staff were helpful. Same plane back but had a last row seat in the middle which was ok but legroom was adequate but at times felt a bit uncomfortable. This was not at issue with the seat i took more that i am a big guy. Cabin crew were equally as good on board through out the return flight and food was equally the same on both trips. Would I use Thai Airways again. Yes. Nice seats, able to charge a phone on board. Pleasant crew on board. In flight entertainment was good. Good nice meals on board. Also 30kg luggage allowance against BA or EVA 23 KG allowance which is far better.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok

"cabin crew were joyful"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Thai Airways service from Bangkok to Tokyo Haneda was really good. The cabin crew were joyful and offered good service throughout the flight. The food served tasted really good and I think that this is what Thai Airways good about. The cabin of B747 looks really old since the aircraft is one of the oldest in the Thai Airways fleet.
RouteBangkok to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMay 2017

"very friendly and accommodating"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Zurich to Bangkok in economy, the flight was full. The cabin crew very friendly and accommodating. I guess Thai Airways are reviewing costs as I noticed they do not provide salt and pepper, tooth picks - however you can just request this to the cabin crew and they will happily provide.
RouteZurich to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"did a fantastic job once again"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Zurich. I booked economy however as it was our 10th Anniversary I did an upgrade to business for the family, and it was totally worth it. From the moment we boarded the plane it was just an experience that I would love to have every time we fly. The kids 6 and 4 where blown away by the courtesy and the friendliness of the cabin crew, they loved their own seat and entertainment system. I arranged a small cake and a rose to be given after take off with a glass of Champagne to my wife and the Cabin Crew again just did a fantastic job once again. The meals were tasty and nice.
RouteBangkok to Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2016

"no point flying business class"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Thai Airways puts family with children as last priority. I was flying Bangkok to Phuket with my two kids and had a stroller with me. As with all airlines I was asked to leave the stroller at the entrance of the cabin which I did. But what came after was a disaster. Thai Airways made all the families with children wait for their strollers till the last luggage came of the baggage reclaim. So it's really no point flying business class as we still had to wait till the last luggage as with other families whom had to wait for their strollers.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownJune 2017

"service was responsive and attentive"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Flew Thai Airways from Manila to Bangkok. When I arrived at the airport I saw a very long queue (more than 100 people) and it was for my flight check in. At first I was shocked but the registration process was efficient so it took about 40 minutes. We took off without delay and it was a smooth flight. The plane was very old but everything was clean. The service was responsive and attentive as always. Food (including alcohol) was above average. But it was expected. It's not a low cost airline and the minimum regular fare is more than 250 usd for this about 3 hours flight. So I put it 8 from 10 (minus 1 for an old plane and minus 1 for price/quality.
RouteManila to Bangkok

"I would recommend them"

Verified Review | Rome to Sydney via Bangkok. This is a top airline and I would recommend them. Reasonably priced and that little extra room made all the difference. On both flights the window seat was occupied at the last minute. The hostess offered these other passengers other seats with more room for them and us. The baggage allowance was very generous and even though we were slightly over we were not charged. We couldn't fault the service.
RouteRome to Sydney via Bangkok

"Irresponsible customer services"

Verified Review | Singapore to Nagoya via Bangkok. Irresponsible customer services. I was late for my connecting flight due to my previous flight got delayed in Singapore, as a result, I had a really tight connecting time by the time I reached Bangkok. I was only verbally guided by a male ground staff (he vaguely pointed at some directions), and I had to run crazily at 2am in the huge airport (from gate G to C? - within 10 mins for 2 KM) to catch the flight. When I reached my destination, I was informed that my baggage didn't follow the same flight, and I could only got my baggage back the next morning. I have been contacting Thai Airways via emails and facebook for more than a month, the only replies that I have got so far is they said they need 2 weeks to handle my case - 2 months are coming!
RouteSingapore to Nagoya via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2017

"my best flight to date"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Manila to Auckland via Bangkok. All flight crew were extremely pleasant and polite. The service was exceptional. Seating very comfortable, enough leg room for myself at 1.8m tall. Meals were outstanding. Overall my best flight to date. Only exception Singapore Airlines 40year ago. I rate my experience 10 out of 10.
RouteManila to Auckland via Bangkok