Thai Airways

"cramped A380"

Trip Verified | Horrible, cramped A380. Not cleaned properly by Heathrow staff, video screens filthy and toilet used was dirty. Food was average. Cabin crew disinterested. Return flight cancelled due to "commercial reasons beyond our control" - only advised when we arrived at the airport.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"inconsistent level of service"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. I find inconsistent level of service flying Thai. My recent flight was an evening flight and I guess the crew were tired and no smile which was ok. However during meal service, I requested the steward to ask the passenger in front of me to put his seat upright as it was impossible for me to dine properly. The light steward reply was “you can ask him yourself”.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"Can only recommend it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Milan via Bangkok. Top service, excellent food, good wines, all possible amenities, comfortable seats and amazing ground staff which helped out in a professional and helpful manner when the flight was cancelled. Can Only recommend it.
RouteMelbourne to Milan via Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"gracious and polite cabin crew"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. Thai Airways is amongst the best airlines in Asia with their gracious and polite cabin crew who are always immaculately dressed. The cabin is well maintained and looks clean and it is always nice to have a drinks and snacks service followed by the meal service there after so that you don't have to wait too long if you boarded hungry or thirsty. On THAI, the food is always good and drinks plentiful. The inflight entertainment is always well stocked with recent movies and TV programs.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2018

"missed my connecting flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Manila to Phuket via Bangkok. Ground staff were friendly in Manila however when we are about to board they informed us that there will be a delay as they need they check the aircraft which is fine. They informed us it will only take 30 minutes. After that they let us board the plane, the FAs some were friendly some are not. I have issues with my seat and I asked for the assistance however he shrugged and said and I will do it for you. I thought we are about to take off however we are delayed again of another 30 minutes.. I’m so disappointed and I missed my connecting flight. Good thing the ground staff in Bangkok airport helped me to get another flight to Phuket.
RouteManila to Phuket via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2018

"staff on the flight were rude"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Phuket via Bangkok. As soon as I reached Bangkok airport for changeover flight to Phuket, not a single staff was there to actually help me with the changeover or guide me regarding the next process which was visa on arrival, as it was my first international trip these guys kept telling me you will get assistance on ground. Though no one was present to guide. While returning back through the same airlines, again I landed at the same airport for changeover. Though ground staff was present this time, but she guided me in the wrong direction which created unnecessary confusion. On raising this issue with Thai Airways, he was so adamant and so rude that he said it's ok since you were able to make it. What if I would have missed my flight because of their staff inefficiencies? Staff on the flight were rude, just after one glass of whisky he ignored when asked to refil the glass. After more than 20 minutes on raising the issue to more than 3 staff, the glass got refilled. One of the worst airlines I have traveled through in recent times. Domestic airlines are far better in customer service than Thai Airways.
RouteDelhi to Phuket via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"I was quite disappointed"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Bangkok. On our flight last week there was a noisy crowd of men on the plane who were drinking and who the cabin crew had to ask to keep the noise down on a few occasions. The hostess looking after our section was probably one of the most miserable I have seen. Never smiled, was abrupt and generally had attitude if not really caring. Not all of the crew were the same thank goodness. Overall I was quite disappointed.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"clean and enough leg space"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hanoi, I request for Moslem meal it was on time. The plane was clean and enough leg space, the flight was on time. One more thing was really appreciate I asked them I wanna pray, they bring a cloth and asked me to come to business class where the space was enough to stand and sit during the prayer.
RouteBangkok to Hanoi via Jakarta

"food was atrocious"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. The food was atrocious. The worst meals we have ever had. The flight attendants were rather absent during the 10 hour flight. Hardly any water was provided. That said, the plane was half empty so plenty of space. The choice of movies is rather poor though. I think you’re better off flying Turkish Airlines or Emirates.
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"highly recommend if cheap"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Tokyo NRT. I chose Thai airways based on the aircraft type (a380) and price. I bought three tickets for my family, and we paid extra to sit in the upper deck. Check in was a complete nightmare, the queue at Bangkok airport spanned about 200 metres, luckily we already checked in online and the bag drop counter had a waiting time of only 10 min. Unfortunately the lady who attended to us was quite impolite and we had better experiences in the past. Boarding was an absolute nightmare, people just kept flowing in. Although we were the first of the economy passengers we didn’t get in quickly. The flight attendant at the main door is polite, and welcomes me onboard. I have to walk all the way to the back of the plane and then take the rear stairs. There is a huge amount of storage on the upper deck. You’ve got side bins, and the overhead bins aren’t like the 747 bins, they’re quite big. This flight to Tokyo was quite full, with the premium cabins having a 100% load factor. We took off, and service started with a cocktail snack and a drinks service. Strangely, on the upper deck, both aisles are served by the same cart, starting with the left side. Since it’s only 7 rows I didn’t mind. Breakfast was a choice of fish or omelette, I chose the fish and it was a very big portion of snapper accompanied by Japanese rice, which was very good. My seat mate didn’t finish her omelette entree, so it’s a hit or miss! The seat itself is comfortable, I had the front row so it was a comfortable flight. Entertainment wasn’t too good, choices are slightly lacking. WiFi is a rip off, as $34 for 100MB of data is way too expensive if you compare it to airlines like Finnair who charge less for the entire flight. An hour before landing, ice cream is distributed. We had one go around during landing, and after landing, I passed customs in a breeze, but the baggage claim wait was a nightmare. It took approximately 30 minutes for one bag. On the return trip, the bag drop looked so long, so we did something unusual: We went to the United counter and asked them to print boarding passes for us, And it worked! We did have to ditch a flip knife though, as we didn’t check any baggage. Boarding was really efficient as they sorted out the passengers by zone at the gate. This flight, I was surprised to know that the purser and three other flight attendants were from my previous outbound flight! Unfortunately, on this flight, I didn’t have a bulkhead seat, and it wasn’t as good as the first flight, but still okay, since I was on the upper deck. The food on this flight was pretty good, and service was similar to the outbound. The difference was that on this flight, there was a self serve drinks counter in the galley. On this flight, I decided to ask for some business class food, and they gave me two to try, and both were pretty delicious. They were also nice enough to plate the food like they would serve it to a business passenger! The landing in Bangkok was surprisingly loud as we may have landed on a groove. The captain of this flight was kind enough to be standing in front of the first class section and said goodbye to every passenger. This flight was very worth the money, as it was quite cheap, and I was able to book extra legroom seats free of charge. I already booked another flight with thai, and I’m hoping I could survive 12 hours in the same seat! I would highly recommend Thai if they are cheap.
RouteBangkok to Tokyo NRT