Swiss Intl Air Lines

"Swiss impressed me"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Zurich to Venice. Swiss impressed me. Amazing service, for such a short flight we were served snacks and refreshments (included in the ticket price) and the drinks were a big size. Thank you chocolates were handed out and the kids got given Swiss candy. The crew were very friendly and generous with extra carry on baggage, I was very impressed with the service for a short flight under 1 hour. I will definitely be flying Swiss again in the future. The cabin announcements were in many languages (Swiss German, Swiss French, Itialian and English). As far as entertainment, the screens that drop from the ceiling had a decent entertainment and I wasn't bored, although being into aviation may have played a part of that as it was mainly about swiss, if you didn't like flying you would probably find it boring. The magazine was great, very little adverts which was nice. All in all I would definitely recommend the airline and I congratulate Swiss on their professional and efficient, on time service on my flight to Italy today! Very good value for money.
AircraftA320-200
RouteZurich to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2017

"mediocre at best"

Verified Review | Chicago to Dubai via Zurich in business class. Lounge in Chicago is tiny, minimal amenities and crowded. On board the product is outdated with seats showing lots of wear and tear and though flat, you find yourself right on the ground which I don't like. The meals were uninspiring with everything brought out on one tray except for the entree which was just a choice between chicken or beef. Amenity kit was barely anything and wines seemed cheap. The crew are robotic and seem thoroughly uninterested in taking care of passengers. Was scolded by a crew member for trying to use the toilet "too close to landing" which took place 40 minutes later. Even the purser was awful on both flights and seemed uninterested in taking part in any sort of device. Only positive was the both flights were on time and Lounge E in ZRH airport was nice. Everything else mediocre at best and would chose to fly another company.
RouteChicago to Dubai via Zurich
Date FlownOctober 2017

"this is a good way to get to Greece"

Verified Review | Flew London City to Athens via Zurich. Outward flights slightly delayed due to seasonal French ATC strike but nothing significant. Both outward and return journeys comfortable and food on-board appropriate for the distance flown. With good public transport connections to London City, and 35 minute check-in, this is a good way to get to Greece.
AircraftEmbraer C100
RouteLondon City to Athens via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Swiss handles all problems"

(Poland)

Verified Review | My trip back from Cairo to Warsaw via Zurich was with adventures. I had only 40 minutes to change a plane in Zurich. However my night flight from Cairo was late 15 minutes in Cairo and also landed 15 minutes late, so boarding for next flight started before I left plane from Cairo. I was seating in the back so I was unable to take first bus. After all security and passport checking when I reached gate, stuff informed me that gate is closed and people coming by first bus reach gate successfully at the last moment. However, transfer desk moved me to next flight departing in next 5 hours, so no problem when I have lounge access. At least luggage won't be lost in Zurich. Next flight to Warsaw was late almost 1 hour. However, due to overbooked flight I got business class upgrade for this short flight, very nice. Ground and on-board staff was nice and helpful on any stage of trip. Food was also very good, especially in business. And fortunately I got my luggage on time in Warsaw. In total Swiss handles all problems making this trip very pleasant.
RouteCairo to Warsaw via Zurich

"Seats were uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Zurich to Singapore. Horrible leg room for a 12 hour flight. Seats were uncomfortable and hard. Stewardess were not alert, I asked for a drink and I said water in which she acknowledged then she went to ask others what drinks they wanted and forgot to serve me my water. The stewardess forgot to give me my food. I will never fly Swiss again.
RouteZurich to Singapore

"not a good experience"

Verified Review | Zurich to Toronto. We were given a bad slot and had to wait on the plane at the gate for 90 minutes. Very frustrating for people with connections. I expect better from this airline and had never had a delay issue with them in the past. Overall not a good experience for us.
RouteZurich to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"terrible and undeserved experience"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Rome via Zurich. How LX handled flight cancellation is unacceptable. Once the flight was cancelled, nobody seemed to care what happens to the passangers. We were left to figure things out on our own, standing in longest lines waiting for assistance. When my ticket was re-booked, it was re-booked with errors so that the other airline was not able to locate us in the system. I just kept running forth and back trying to figure out what are we supposed to do next. Nobody provided any food or drinks vouchers for passengers stranded for 7+ hours. We were re-booked without being asked about our preferred alternative arrangements. We ended up flying Alitalia which we would never have chosen to begin with, with their poorest chouce of drinks and no food which would be much appreciated after 6 wasted hours at Schiphol airport. One terrible and undeserved experience by Swiss.
RouteZurich to Rome

"narrow uncomfortable seats"

Verified Review | Montreal to Zurich. Flight left on time from Montreal. The business class section is very large being a 2-2-2 configuration in two cabins. There are a few single seats so 1-2-2 in some rows. I had seat 10A, which was a single seat with two large storage compartments on each side. The seat was very narrow and when in the lie flat setting my feet hardly fit making for a very uncomfortable sleep (but I did have lots of useless storage space!). I think before an airline installs such seats the corporate executives need to sleep in them for a few nights. Service was very limited, as the flight seemed understaffed. I received my pre-flight drink, but nothing more was offered until dinner. There was no pre-dinner bar service or appetizer. Dinner, although the food was good it was bear bones, an basic entre, small salad and bread. Although I was served one glass of wine, it took a few tries to get a refill (one only). A small slice of cake was the sole dessert (they did come by and offered one small Swiss chocolate). Breakfast was basic, yogurt and bread. Overall the business class section is cramped with, in my opinion, narrow uncomfortable seats. Meal service was very basic. I know that some airlines are trying to limit costs but Swiss need to provide some service to justify the extra cost of the business cabin. Less airline accountants and more service and staff.
AircraftA330-300
RouteMontreal to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"such a negative experience"

Verified Review | This might go down as one of the worst airline experiences ever with respect to the horrendous attitude of a couple of the cabin crew, the quality of the seat, the quality of the entertainment system and the internal climate (i.e. incredibly hot) in the cabin. I couldn't rate an airline any worse. I used to fly Swiss all the time for work and it was always fine. That was a few years ago. Fast forward to today and you have a premier name flying a plane with some crew members that are actually worse than what I have experienced on Spirit Airlines. That is saying a lot for an airline that doesn't put itself out as a low cost or budget airline like Swiss. The only thing going for this travel experience was the punctuality. That is a plus. Everything else was an F minus or zero stars. And one flight crew member was 100% fantastic. The rest made this the most miserable flight ever. Other than punctuality and one nice member of the flight crew there were so many negatives (including members of the remaining flight crew) everything was negative. I hate to write such a harsh review but that is how this flight was. Bordered on ludicrous. We were 7 friends traveling together sitting in various parts of the aircraft. The judgment was unanimous with respect to it being such a negative experience.
RouteBoston to Zurich

"Good service on board"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Athens to Zurich, A321 On time. Good service on board they didn’t forget that I ask a special meal, and the service as good. Food as normal, not extraordinary but normal for a business Class can be better. Plane clean and the flight perfect. Onboard entertainment was working. Included the Swiss chocolates of course. Perfect information on the screen for connection flights, with the doors of the connecting flights etc etc, there technology is working.
RouteAthens to Zurich