Top 100 Airlines

Swiss Intl Air Lines

"a nice experience"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Oslo via Zurich, and it was the first time for me for me to use Swiss. Check in agents were a bit unfriendly and not very helpful. As we were a bit late, we were among the last ones to board the aircraft, but the flight attendants were very helpful to find some space for our carry on luggage. Although service had commenced shortly after take off, it took quite some time for them to distribute all the food and beverages. Swiss offered one croissant per passenger, plus the ordinary drinks (eg. coffee, juice, etc). Service was finished just before our descent to ZRH started. Not as efficient as other carriers, like Air Berlin and Lufthansa. Yet, the food was quite tasty. We arrived in time and everything else was just fine. In total, a nice experience, which needs some service improvement. Both on the ground and in the air.
AircraftEmbraer 90
RouteDUS to OSL via ZRH

"no trouble sleeping"

Verified Review | Paris to Hong Kong via Zurich with Swiss. The old Fokker 100 used for the leg to Zurich had known better days but it only lasted 50 minutes. Zurich to Hong Kong the staff seemed pleased to have the passengers on board and ensured I was comfortable, including an excellent Duval-Leroy champagne. Seat was single/window, so plenty of privacy. Dinner tasted fresh and well presented. The lie flat bed was very comfortable (with massage feature) so no trouble sleeping. Only complaint I have is the food in lounges at both airports was pretty dire and the level of service poor.
RouteCDG to HKG via ZRH
Date FlownMay 2016

"smooth, with nothing remarkable"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Check-in at NRT is operated by ANA. As I had 2 connections with Star Alliance airlines following my flight, but under different reservation code, I needed my luggage to be forwarded to my final destination. Surprisingly, ANA created a lot of troubles, and only accepted after 25 minutes of harsh negotiation. They were suspecting possible customs regulations violation (within Schengen area?). It seems they are technically unprepared. Luggage arrived obviously at final destination. Swiss uses United lounge at NRT, but I went to ANA lounge, were a nice hot breakfast was provided, however very far away from boarding gate. Flight was smooth, with nothing remarkable. German speaking flight attendant were not very smiley. Food acceptable with original recipes, and nice drinks.
AircraftA340-300
RouteNRT to ZRH
Date FlownMay 2016

"generally a good airline"

Verified Review | Swiss, generally a good airline, have fallen prey to the "too much cabin baggage" pitfall that has been suffocating the low cost airlines for the past few years. Of course if you offer a super cheap fare, for only cabin baggage, people will take advantage of this. Discovering at the boarding gate that there will not be enough room, and forcing people to check in their hand luggage for free is ridiculous. There is now the added pleasure of a 55CHF "fine" if your handbaggage is deemed too big. Swiss, please get your act together and don't turn into an expensive easyjet. Other than this, everything was fine flying from Geneva to London Heathrow. Long haul IFE needs an upgrade, badly.
RouteGVA to LHR
Date FlownApril 2016

"no help at Zurich airport"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | The Belgrade to Zurich flight was delayed approximately 1hr in Belgrade and we had a stop at Zurich and then the final flight to Lisbon with TAP. The layover at Zurich was 1h 25mins. The flight landed at Zurich 30 mins before the take-off of the second flight. I was not re-booked for another flight, no help at Zurich airport and I had even to cross immigration with no help from Swiss. I had to run all the way to my new gate. Since then I've contacted Swiss that explained to me that there was no reason to re-book a flight or whatever because I had enough time to catch the flight and so on. Then I simply asked what was the minimum connection time at Zurich for my flights and they replied The minimum connecting time in Zurich between flights LX1417 and LX4582 is 40 minutes. So I told them to check their records and they would see that the plane landed 30min prior to the departure of my second flight.
RouteBEG to ZRH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"uneventful nice flight with Swiss""

Verified Review | This was a short flight from Stuttgart to Zurich with the Jumbolino. Seat 4B was in first row behind business class. Only limitation was that overhead bins were marked as business class only which was probably not true and they just had moved the curtain forward to get some extra economy seats. Otherwise uneventful nice flight with Swiss. My noise canceling headset helped to forget the pretty noisy engines. On this short flight they only served water bottles and chocolate in economy. Fair enough as there was not time to serve the whole airplane with individual drinks. I would pay ten Euros extra for the ticket if I could avoid the bus ride in Stuttgart and again in Zurich to reach the plane.
AircraftRJ-100 Avroliner
RouteSTR to ZRH
Date FlownApril 2016

"service was impeccable"

(Belgium)

Brussels to Zurich, excellent check in, the lounge in is too crowded and really to small for so many people. Excellent service on board, professional staff and even if there was a trainee purser on board and it was a short flight, Maitre de Cabine made you feel relaxed. Once landed, it took 8 mins to get suitcase and out. All in all brilliant. return leg, Senator lounge in Zurich just ok, been there many times and it needs a little revamping. Remote gate and bus service to plane, this leg in Avro, which is a very uncomfortable plane. Again service was impeccable. Bags first out.
RouteBRU to ZRH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"truly first class experience"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Zurich in First Class with Swiss. After efficient check-in at LAX, a Swiss representative guided me through security to the lounge, and from the lounge to the aircraft. The product in the A340 is sort of vintage of the last century: entertainment system is rather limited with a minimalist small tv-screen. Washroom was very clean but very small as well. On the positive side are very comfortable seats and the beds are one of the best in size and comfort in First. The seats do not have much privacy, though but this gives an airy and generous room feeling. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful and address you by the name. The food with quality and presentation matches a gourmet restaurant. After four perfect starters, I got the best steak served to me on a plane, and exactly as requested. The wine list was not too long, but exclusive. I tried the Swiss white and reds and did not regret it. All in all a truly first class experience.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLAX to ZRH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a good experience all around"

Zurich to Heathrow on Swiss International. Great check-in experience with the assistance of a very helpful and clearly caring agent who tried very hard to get me on an earlier flight. Boarding punctual and orderly. Aircraft interior was clean and bright. Seats were relatively comfortable and leg room was good for a short haul journey. Flight left slightly late due to congestion in Zurich but arrived essentially on time. FA's were friendly and smiled as they went about their duties. Good beverage choices with a sandwich were offered. There were concise and informative updates from the cockpit. It was a good experience all around. Swiss rarely disappoints.
RouteZRH to LHR
Date FlownMarch 2016

"not written in my ticket details"

At Mumbai they weighed my carry on and would not allow to take in the cabin as it was over 8kg. They said this is their rule although it was not written in my ticket details issued by United. After much arguments and discussions with supervisor and manager, I had to checkin and pay $109. I took the other carryons of similar size in the cabin that met the weight requirement. Then at Zurich, they stopped me again that my carryons is too big. I said I am coming from Mumbai and it fit just fine. I took some things out and put in a different bag but they would not allow me to take it in the cabin. All my arguments did not make any difference and I was told that I am creating nuisance and if I do not keep quiet they will call the police. After my return to USA, I called United and they told me that they were not aware of 8kg rule and Swiss should have allowed my carryons as my journey originated from USA and with United. They said that United will reimburse me. I thought the food was bad but the cabin staff was courteous.
RouteBOM to SFO via ZRH