Top 100 Airlines

Swiss Intl Air Lines

"onboard catering was average at best"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | Mobile check-in and digital boarding cards make life easier. Didn't use the LX contracted lounge but opted for the ever busy TK IST lounge which offeres a lot in terms of food and beverages. The Celebi handling of the boarding at the gate was rather chaotic resembling TGS. 20 minute delay due to late in-coming a/c. Though they were able to complete the turn around pretty fast. A minimal service provided compared to TK on this route, onboard catering was average at best. Considering it was 1/3 of the price, I can't complain. Shame that Swiss Intl Air Lines is giving up IST for the winter schedule depriving us from a efficient and competitive carrier. Arrival and exiting the airport at ZRH a breeze.
RouteIST to ZHR
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"attentive and friendly cabin crew"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Zurich to Hong Kong in business class. An excellent travel experience. Zurich has a great airport and efficient service. The new Swiss Business Lounge in Terminal E is a very comfortable spot. Great cabin service and excellent food. Very attentive and friendly cabin crew. Seats slid down to a very comfortable but somewhat claustrophobic bed.
RouteZRH to HKG
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"such a lack of leg room"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Zurich to Tel Aviv. I have never experienced such a lack of leg room. People were arguing throughout the flight, because people's knees were already scraping the seat in front, so if anyone moved, they caused discomfort to someone else. The worst 4 hour flight I have had. They show you a safety video before you take off and it is unrealistic to believe that anyone in economy could have done half of what was mentioned in the video. The man in the photo was probably about 5 ft 5 (165 cms) and he had no leg room whatsoever. If you are going to cram people into a plane to such an extent that they can't move, then the seats should not be adjustable. No way would I fly Swiss again.
RouteZRH to TLV
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"not use SWISS again in a hurry"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Malta to Brussels via Zurich. My problems began with SWISS following my reservation, I contacted them to try to reserve seats as they had actually suceeded reserving seats in two different rows for myself and my travel companion. I contacted them by email after a number of emails finally got reserved seats. The level of customer service given was nil. When checking in for the first leg of my flight from Malta to Zurich I was shocked to see that my seats has been moved for the second leg and again they had given me seats in two different rows when I had clearly told them about this before. The flight left Malta late due to a problem with a cargo door, this was finally sorted. I was a little worried as I only had 25 mins between flights in the first place. My travelling companion asked to purser if we would still make the connection were were assured yes as there was little distance between gates. We would get further information on the overhead screens on the flight. When this information came up to my shocked is showed that we were rebooked on the next leg of the flight. We I asked the purser why she was very offish and said she could do nothing and had no information to such a point as being rude. Shortly before landing the display screen changed to show that we needed to go immediately to the gate for our connecting flight. How can SWISS actually make so many mistakes in one instance. The service given was well below that expected by other airlines. Certainly will not use SWISS again in a hurry.
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteMLA to BRU via ZRH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"delays, and even more delays"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Venice via Zurich. What a waste of time and money. Delays, delays, and even more delays. On my first flight from Amsterdam to Zurich, the aircraft was delayed by half and hour. And then on my second leg from Zurich to Venice (of which I am currently awaiting take off) we have been delayed for 40 minutes with no indication as to when we're going to actually start flying! This is quite disappointing to me as it means that I miss the sunset in Venice. I had paid more for these flights than I would've had I flown easyjet or another comparable airline. I honestly thought for that little extra there would be greater punctuality. The staff are friendly and the seats on this aircraft are comfortable; however for the price I paid for these flights, it is not worth it.
RouteAMS to VCE via ZRH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"well managed by the staff"

I've only had the opportunity to fly Swiss on one flight from Zurich to Chicago, but would not pass up a second opportunity. For basic economy, the seats were comfortable compared to most other carriers. The cabin was clean and visually appealing, and was well managed by the staff, who were polite and attentive. The food portions were a bit small, but the food was good. IFE and Wifi had room for improvement, there were some technical problems. Overall, I would recommend Swiss.
AircraftA340-300
RouteZRH to ORD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"Swiss apologized for the problems"

Verified Review | Dubai to Stuttgart via Zürich. The flight to Zürich had a delay of 1 hour. The crew was not really friendly. The seats and the IFE were old and IFE did not work for half an hour. The food was really good. Arrival was with a delay of ten minutes but then deboarding took almost 15 minutes so we did not get our flight to Stuttgart and we had to use the train. But nevertheless we arrived at home and Swiss apologized for the problems.
RouteDXB to STR via ZRH
Date FlownMay 2016

"entertainment system is dark and grainy"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Zurich with Swiss. Very uncomfortable leg room. Seat is rock hard and video entertainment system is dark and grainy. Never flying Swiss on economy again. Very slow leaving the gate and taking off. Overall, I would recommend using a different airline. Insufficient room is not acceptable, particularly for people stuck in the middle.
RouteSFO to ZRH
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service was very efficient"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Flew Swiss Intl Air Lines from ROME FCO to New York JFK via Zurich. First leg of the flight was on an A319. Service was very efficient and the breakfast was very good. We were served a bowl of Swiss muesli and a selection of croissants. Flight arrived a little late as we flew a lengthy holding patter over ZRH. Once in the airport the Swiss Business class lounge was very nice. Food was good as was the selection of beverages and magazines. A nice touch is the terrace that allows you to watch the planes take off and land with some complementary binoculars. The flight to JFK was aboard a fairly old A330-300. The business class seats were comfortable lay flat designs but showered some scratches due to heavy use. Service was excellent and the food was top notch. The purser was particularly attentive. One major disappointment was the IFE, which lacked in quality content.
AircraftA330-300
RouteFCO to JFK via ZRH

"service over and above"

(New Zealand)

The flight was late leaving Copenhagen to the extent that we only had 10 minutes to connect at Zurich. I notified the cabin crew of the situation and we were first off the plane, into a van and escorted through Zurich airport right to the gate for the Singapore connection (LX178). The plane waited at gate for our luggage and left 20 minutes late. My partner and I are both over 70 years of age and find the service over and above what we would expect as the normal. Thank you Swiss International
RouteCPH to SIN via ZRH