Swiss Intl Air Lines

"forced to check my carry on bag"

Trip Verified | Florence to Zurich. This is the worst airline I have flown. The airport staff are the rudest, most inconsiderate people I have met. I was forced to check my carry on bag and had to pay 90€ for my tiny rolling bag. I will never be flying with you again.
RouteFlorence to Zurich
Date FlownApril 2018

"they continue without improvement"

Trip Verified | The Emirates flights from Dubai-London-Zurich-Dubai was over Aed 21k for Business class and Swiss was little over Aed 13k for business class hence decided to fly Swiss. The Lufthansa lounge at Dubai airport is bad. The overall in-flight experience is not even close to competitiors from the Middle East. Transit at Zurich airport I had to go thru 2 full blown security checks? My suggestion they will be good as a budget carrier! I also found 3 old boarding passed of other passengers on my plane seat? Cleaning? Swiss business class does not have fast track access in LHR unlike some other airlines. The last time I travelled Swiss was years ago Mumbai-Zurich-Mumbai, it was bad. Wrote my feedback to Swiss and nobody cared to even reply so you know why they continue without improvement.
RouteDubai to London via Zurich
Date FlownApril 2018

"Absolutely terrible seat"

(China)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Shanghai. Absolutely terrible seat, rock hard seat cushion, legroom inadequate for a 12 hours flight. When the seat in front is reclined your screen cannot be viewed because the old monitor provides no contrast-ratio under that viewing angle. Some seats are especially uncomfortable because of an IFE electronics box under the seat in front. I knew about this prior when booking and to avoid such a seat I paid 60CHF extra for a seat reservation. During the reservation process the cabin's seating map is shown where seats with such an IFE box in the legroom are marked. I chose a seat without IFE box, however, after boarding I had to realize that there was such a box. I called for the purser to address the issue, it took her 2 hours to come - brilliant work ethics were shown there. Very annoying is, that this was not the first time to happen, seems SWISS just ignores the incorrect cabin map. I consider this as a rip-off.
RouteZurich to Shanghai
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Crew was extremely attentive"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Paris to Bangkok via Zurich. From Paris to Zurich, a 45 mn flight with a warm meal and wine. Fantastic. From Zurich to Bangkok, brand new B777. Seat 5D is great, and inflatable air system is very efficient for "heavy" passengers. Food was just amazing with famous vintage meals previously served on their lines. Crew was extremely attentive, matching with Asian airlines.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 773
RouteParis to Bangkok via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Nice food, good entertainment"

Trip Verified | Pros: Superb seat comfort. Attractive air hostess who are very helpful. Nice food, good entertainment. Cons: Snack and breakfast refreshments should be made better. From Copenhagen to Zürich and Zurich to Copenhagen breakfast was not so good, just a croissant. Other than that everything is superb. Zurich airport doesn’t offer WiFi for more than 120 min and we needed to scan our boarding passes to get connected to WiFi. Such a huge airport with all these silly things is like crazy, connectivity should improve.
RouteCopenhagen to New York via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2017

"accreditation of miles"

Trip Verified | Miami to Moscow via Zurich. I frequently fly Star Alliance, especially United and Avianca. Very happy with the quality and service with these carriers. Recently I flew 2 times with SWISS, from Miami to Rome via Zurich and from Miami to Moscow via Zurich. The business flight to and from Rome was pleasant and as expected. The issue is with the accreditation of miles, that still is not showing up in the Avianca LifeMiles account, even if all the data are correct and the boarding pass presented the correct number. With all the other alliance airlines the accreditation is very quick, and that is important because the accreditation may lead to the next level of membership so one may end up having flown miles and segments and not being recognized just because SWISS is not diligent with accrediting. The other situation was with a flight from Miami to Moscow that I had to cancel, and was told that all the ticket would be gone lost, beside the taxes. Of course that was part of the contract's small print but still this is unfair that a vendor takes and keeps the money for a service that was not rendered. Other star alliance airlines' experience with canceling reservations (no matter what category of ticket) was that one can use the amount paid for the ticket for rebooking other flights, paying a penalty and fare difference, of course! SWISS is an OK airline but quite frankly not up to standard with other Star Alliance airlines in fact of caring about frequent flyers and cancellation policies. WIFI is incredibly expensive and not intuitive to use: so don't! So if you plan to fly with them make sure you are armed with patience and not needing any change in your schedule or need WIFI: SWISS is bad on all these issues.
RouteMiami to Moscow via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Still I recommend Swiss"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Muscat via Zurich. Flights were okay though packed (good for the company), flight to Muscat landed somewhat late after a rather long stopover in Dubai. Service (food and drink) were good, inflight entertainment okay but not available during stopover in Dubai and on the onward flight to Muscat. I didn't like at all the very strict deplaning procedure, first and business class by the front exit, economy by the rear exit. I shall monitor on the way home. Still I recommend Swiss, though.
AircraftA330-300
RouteStuttgart to Muscat via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2018

"reliable for their flexibility"

Trip Verified | Geneva to London. I have flown Swiss and never had much to say, but I feel compelled to write a positive review after an experience of getting snowed in at the Geneva Airport. My original flight was cancelled a day prior which gave me time to figure alternatives. Swiss switched my flight 4 Times for me. With no extra payment, easy, no hassle and I did not pay for an insurance like other cheap airlines I have flown with. Their staff was quick on the phone, happy to work with me, and I know I will be booking them in the future. Unfortunately I needed to get to London for a conference so the next day option did not work and I had to entirely switch airlines. But for other customers, Swiss was reliable for their flexibility and consideration in flight cancellations.
RouteGeneva to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"what a great flight it was"

Trip Verified | Geneva to New York JFK. First time with Swiss and what a great flight it was. We departed on time and arrived early. Seats were comfortable. The crew was really sympathetic and spoke French, German and English fluently. Food was excellent, we even asked for leftovers and we were granted our wish. At the end of the flight we were all offered an oshibori even as economy class passengers. The only downpoint was Geneva airport where we had to embark the airplane outside in the cold. All in all, great job Swiss, I will fly you again.
AircraftA330-300
RouteGeneva to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"must commend Swiss Air for their help"

Trip Verified | Due to fly from London City to Zurich. I must commend Swiss Air for their help when my flight to Zurich from London City was cancelled. Airpot was closed while an unexploded WW2 bomb, found during dredging nearby, was cleared. My flight was at 8am Monday morning and news of closure was first heard on the radio at 11pm Sunday night. I contacted SwissAir by twitter and got prompt replies and then handed over to the Service Centre who re-booked me and partner on a Heathrow flight the same morning.
RouteLondon City to Zurich