Vote Now

Swiss Intl Air Lines

"lack of charging options"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Warsaw to Tokyo Narita via Zurich. Warsaw to Zurich on a new Bombardier CS100. Enjoyed this excellent aircraft, roomy interior, attentive service, flight on time. Zurich to Tokyo on old A340. Quite unpleasant place to be for a long-haul flight: used seats, old IFE system with poor resolution and basic selection, no USB/charge option (that would be so much appreciated with such an old IFE). Other cons: no snacks available between the meals, service was slow with garbage collection, some toilets are located too close to the seats, sink in one of the toilets clogged, armrests in seats cannot be moved. On the pros side: food was quite ok in quality and quantity, flight on time. In summary, next time I would choose a competition on this route because of lack of charging options in Economy and more modern interior of aircrafts.
AircraftCS100 / A340-300
RouteWarsaw to Tokyo via Zurich

"very pleasurable flight"

Verified Review | Zurich to Sion with Swiss. It was a very short flight with a duration of around 40 minutes. That meant that there was no service for economy class in this flight, which wasn't much of a problem. But on the bright side, passengers were given a swiss chocolate by the flight attendants. The crew were friendly and the view over the Swiss Alps was absolutely gorgeous. The landing was smooth. All in all a very pleasurable flight.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteZurich to Sion
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"their product is absolutely inferior compared to other airlines"

Verified Review | Zurich to London City on LX460 on 15/2/2017: The plane was a E195 from Helvetic. A terrible plane with very old and tight seats. After take off, the temperature in the plane went up and it became hot like in a sauna. Shortly after, the pilot made an announcement and said that there was a problem with one of the engines and that we had to land as quickly as possible. It was impossible to make it back to Zurich and we ended up landing in Basel. In my opinion, Swiss has become an expensive airline whilst their product is absolutely inferior compared to other airlines. I will avoid them going forward whenever I can.
AircraftE195
RouteZurich to London City
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"really helpful and friendly"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Zurich to Hong Kong. Their cabin crew is really helpful and friendly. I dropped my camera cover under the seat. Then they are trying to find it, even I told them I can ask for help after the flight landing. I didn't close the window shades, and cabin crew help me to close it when I fall asleep. Everything is considerate their customer.
RouteZurich to Hong Kong
Date FlownDecember 2016

"satisfying performance for the price"

Verified Review | Flying on with Swiss from Zurich to Frankfurt. Hassle free ground service, fast security control, rather empty Swiss Business lounge. Boarding on time, but arriving at the gate in FRA on time. A drink and a sandwich (poultry or cheese), Swiss chocolate when leaving the aircraft. I am not the biggest fan of the new seats Swiss is using on their European fleet, but a good and satisfying performance for the price I paid.
RouteZRH to FRA
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"web site is literally unusable"

Verified Review | Geneva to London Heathrow. Swiss web site is literally unusable. I tried six times using three different browsers to get my boarding pass. I entered all the information requested. The system always came back and told me to enter additional information in the "fields below." There were no fields below. I contacted Swiss check in service. They said that their system recorded none of the information I had entered. I had entered not only the normal name, birth date, etc. but also nationality, residence, passport number, passport expiration date, etc. They had nothing. They also could not take the information over the phone. I had to enter it myself. They said it was a problem with the US government. I pointed out that I was flying Geneva to London. There was nothing I could do. "Please be at the airport at 4:30am to make sure this is straightened out before your 7:30 am flight." I will never fly Swiss again.
RouteGVA to LHR
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"attendants friendly, very helpful and efficient"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Dubai to Brussels via Zurich. I bought an upgrade from Business class to First class on the Dubai to Zurich sector through Swiss' new "bidding" option. I will not get into the terrible pre-boarding experience (no priority lane at security, no first class lounge, full senator lounge) and go straight to the onboard experience. I sat in seat 2D. Even before take-off I noticed that the headphone was not working properly (sound in only 1 ear). With only 8 seats in first class it is asking too much to check these before flights? I was given a new headphone after take-off. Quality wise these headphones are low quality: no noise cancelling. I can say only positive things about the flight attendants who were friendly, very helpful and efficient. Meal service was somewhat disappointing: for main course it was either chicken or pasta. The quality was fine but not exceptional. I would have expected a bigger choice. Different from business class? Not really except for better quality wine and better presentation. Sleep quality: you get a set of pyjamas and the flight attendant puts a small mattress and duvet. So I slept very well. Flight entertainment: same offerings as in Business with movies the same for an entire month. So don't travel SWISS too much or you will be watching the same movies. Was it worth the extra cost between business and First? Not really. But what always ruins the experience when you fly to Brussels via Zurich: on the leg between Zurich and Brussels they use the tiniest plane they have and you are put on a bus between the terminal and the plane. Rain or snow does not seem to matter. Get on the bus. So this is far from being a first class experience. Will I fly with SWISS again between Dubai and Europe, no.
AircraftA330-300
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteDubai to Brussels via Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flight experience was great"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Berlin Tegel to Vienna via Zurich. Due to an incident my flight started with a one hour delay in Berlin-Tegel, however, the crew made every effort to make this flight as pleasant as possible and tried hard to get the information about the connecting flight as fast as they could. The rest of the flight experience was great as usual with the well-known SWISS quality.
RouteTXL to VIE via ZRH
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"dissatisfied with Swiss"

Verified Review | Zurich to Guatemala via Miami. Extremely bad customer support! We had a problem with the flight of our son which was caused by Swiss. They but him on a flight of American Airline in which he was not allowed to travel unaccompanied anymore nor they (Swiss nor AA) offer accompaniment service in this case (because it's two flights of with different airlines, although we bought the entire trip with Swiss). So, on the Hotline they told us to go to the Airport in Zurich to solve the problem. We went to the Airport and they told us that they can't do anything and we had to call the Hotline to solve the problem! Again calling the Hotline, the rude man on the phone told us that this is our responsibility and that they can't help us. As we insisted he got upset and hung up the phone! We had to solve everything on our own, changing flight, buying an extra flight for a friend to accompany our son. Extra costs: US$ 400. We are severely disappointed and dissatisfied with Swiss!
RouteZRH to GUA via MIA
Date FlownDecember 2016

"a really dismal performance"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Zurich to Copenhagen. Overall, SWISS has been a decent airline in my experience, but today was really poor. I had purchased a fare including one bag to check-in, but was not sure whether to check-in my carry-on. I asked at check-in, and together with the agent we agreed that I could carry my bag on-board. When boarding, a SWISS Gate agent tells me that there is no way that I can bring this bag on board, since the plane is absolutely full. Given that the agent was not very keen on listening to customer input to put it mildly, I accepted to have the bag tagged. When boarding was completed, the plane was not even half full, and the space above my seat was completely empty. Three carry-ons of approved size such as mine could easily have fit into the overhead space. However, today was not one those days at SWISS. I really encourage adhering to rules, but it is a two-way street, and today's performance by SWISS is enough for me to consider another carrier next time. In addition, the service level overall on-board today's flight was not impressive. The staff seemed to have misunderstood the fact that they are there to work and assist passengers. A really dismal performance from an airline that usually gets it right. I am really disappointed, and I do not look forward to my upcoming two flights on SWISS later this week.
RouteZRH to CPH