Swiss Intl Air Lines

"staff onboard not overly friendly"

Trip Verified | Paris to Zürich. The check in in Paris was friendly and efficient (often in Paris check in staff is not friendly at all but this time I was positively surprised). The lounge is still the same, a bit old and dated, but also here for a change staff was relatively friendly. Unfortunately the staff on board was not overly friendly, hardly greeted the passengers. During the flight they were efficient but not friendly or charming, what a Pity. Food was good. Seating was the usual European business seat, same as in economy just middle seat empty. Overall ok but not great, most of the Service was like in economy - what a pity, because service could make the difference.
RouteParis to Zürich

"a great experience"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Sao Paulo, a great experience. A friendly check in, fantastic lounge (the Swiss first class lounge in Zurich is one of the best I have experienced - great food, great service, and great design. The flight was a treat, super friendly staff, excellent food and wine, great sleep thanks to very comfortable seats / beds, and the arrival is fast and efficient in Sao Paulo. I wish every flight was as good as this one (unfortunately some flights are much less impressive with Swiss).
RouteZurich to Sao Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"can be a nice experience"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Zürich. If everything goes well, it can be a nice experience, but as soon as there is an issue you will experience a service desert. A mistake was made on my arrival which I understand can happen. What is unacceptable is the way they dealt with it. First they wanted to tell me I made a mistake, then they told me to be more friendly otherwise they would not speak to me (I was not rude but just nervous), and finally they said everybody can make a mistake and I should not make such a fuss, instead of a small excuse this is the way they treat their premium customers. I realized they treat their staff very nicely, greet them etc, but ignore you as a frequent flyer and first class passenger. It is a pity, as it could be a good airline, but with this attitude they will lose customers. And the difference to premium carriers like Singapore, Emirates, Qatar etc is getting bigger.
RouteSao Paulo to Zürich
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"they didn’t disappoint"

Trip Verified | Took my first flight with Swiss from London to Tel Aviv connecting via Zurich, last week. Having heard good things about the airline, I was keen to try them out and they didn’t disappoint. Have to say it really was one of the most enjoyable trips I’ve made in a good while, incredibly friendly crew, great food/drink along with brilliant seat comfort. I would highly recommend flying with Swiss and look forward to my next journey with them!
RouteLondon to Tel Aviv via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"excellent onboard service"

Trip Verified | Nice surprise for the flight from Zurich to Los Angeles and back, the Zurich lounge magnificent service simple but excellent. The same onboard the small cabins sober and very comfortable, quality food and excellent onboard service. Only their LA lounge leaves to be desired but it's not their main hub. FR: Belle surprise pour le vol Zurich Los Angeles et retour , le lounge Zurich magnifique service simple mais excellent et idem à bord les petites cabines sobres et très confortable , nouriture de qualité et le service à bord Excellent . Seul leur lounge de LA laisse à désiré mais ce n’est pas leur Hub principal
RouteLos Angeles to Zurich
Date FlownJune 2018

"rather pay for a sandwich"

Trip Verified | Malta to Zurich. Bad airline. Arrogant staff. Dried free sandwiches and no selection. I would rather pay for a sandwich with a low cost airline, have a large selection and a reasonable sandwich. Never again Swiss. Schlechte Airline. Arrogantes Personal. Vertrocknete gratis Sandwiches und keine Auswahl. Da bezahl ich lieber für ein Sandwich bei einer Lowcost Airlines, habe dafür eine grosse Auswahl und ein vernünftiges Sandwich. Nie wieder Swiss.
RouteMalta to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2018

"quite often late"

Trip Verified | Overall short distance flights by Swiss are pretty solid. The Service is good, the usual Sandwich on the afternoon is solid for a Inflight meal. Lately Swiss flights have been quite often late - the one on the way from MCR to ZRH (which I flew many times already) is actually almost always late. But thats probably because of Manchester Airport. Seats in the new C Series are comfortable and the space is average. But the screens in the C-Series are actually smaller than my Handy display.
AircraftBombardier C-Series
RouteManchester to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Ground crews extremely rude"

Trip Verified | London to Hong Kong via Zurich. I would give it 0 out of 10 if there had been such an option! The flight LX327 was delayed for 2 hours and after another 2 hours of waiting on board, it was cancelled. Ground crews were extremely rude. No hotel accommodation offered but a hotel conference room with sleeping bag! Did not contact me to re-route. Rather, I have to call their customer service hotline (which is not a free phone number in the UK) to re-route my flight. Useless customer service. They claimed that there were no seats on the next day but obviously there were. They only agreed to rebook me with another airline of the Star Alliance, after me telling them there were seats on other flights on the next day! My baggage was delayed for five days. Then, they refused to compensate according to EU261/2004 at all! What a disgrace! Terrible Swiss hospitality. Never travel with Swiss!
RouteLondon to Hong Kong via Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Totally recommend Swiss"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Geneva via Zurich. The Check in procedure in Athens lasted 20 minutes. I was impressed by the kindness of the ground service. Even though i had paid for 1 luggage they offered to take my cabin baggage for free. Boarding started on time in both flights. They gave priority to families with small children, business class passengers and Star Alliance Gold passengers. By entering the plane you were offered a small chocolate. On both planes every 4 rows of seats there was an overhead screen, where the safety demo was shown. During the first flight it was also playing a promoting video of Swiss and there was also a map, which showed to us the exact position of the plane. In the second flight we only had a map as it only lasted 25 minutes. Shortly after take off which was on time the service started. Each passenger was given a small pie and could have as many drinks as wanted. There were 3 rounds for Drink service. About half and hour before landing we were given again the classic Swiss Int Airlines chocolate. In the second flight they gave us a bottle of water and again the chocolate. All in all the crew did a great job and they were very friendly and helpful. Totally recommend Swiss for your Flight.
AircraftA321 / A320
RouteAthens to Geneva via Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2018

"does not care about its customers"

Trip Verified | Our gate for the flight Zurich to Amsterdam LX 734 at 17h35 was changed twice, making people walk with their bags from one side of the airport to the other, only for Swiss to announce that our flight was finally cancelled. They said it was due to weather conditions, but we figured out that a KLM flight to Amsterdam scheduled for the same time flew (with a 40min delay, but flew), which means that Swiss Air not telling passengers the truth. Swiss then redirected us to the transfer desk. Only 4 counters out of 12 were open to serve customers with cancelled flights. As a consequence I waited in a queue (standing, not sitting) for 7 hours - for Swiss to tell me that there was no flight before Saturday 18h00 via Vienna, making me arrive in Amsterdam at past 22:00. There are 11 direct flights daily between Zurich and Amsterdam - how come they suggested me this ridiculous option. This spoilt the entire weekend that I had scheduled and organized with family. I had to cancel the entire trip because it did not make sense to fly to Amsterdam for one day only. Also, after having waited at the counter I was told that in order to be refunded for my tickets I need to call Swiss. I have not tried yet but I know it will be useless - they will probably not even answer and refuse to help in any way. I have travelled a lot in my life and I travel frequently to the UK for work, but I have never ever seen something like that - Swiss does not care about its customers and does not respect our rights. As simple as that.
RouteZurich to Amsterdam