Sunwing Airlines

"flight staff were amazing"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Varadero. The flight staff were amazing. I cant say enough about the way they handled the ignorant and disrespectful people that were on the flight back. They were mostly the same people if not all the same on the way back as on the way there but the way back they were rude, ignorant and just plain disrespectful. The staff handled everything exceptionally well. The Varadero airport experience for me was horrible. I was pulled aside and a security woman went through my suitcase. She didn't put everything back in it once she was done. I had to actually ask her to put all of my belongings back! Then once I get the ok to go and all was ok with my suitcase, we get to Vancouver and my suitcase was garbage. The zippers were split, the wheels were broken and gifts that were purchased were missing. There were a few others that also had their personal belongings missing. I have never had an issue like this with any other trip we have ever been on.
RouteVancouver to Varadero
Date FlownJune 2018

"You truly get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Worst flight! This was my first time flying with Sunwing from Toronto to Vancouver and back. Both times we had about two hour delays. On my flight back to Toronto, we were informed that the flight was delayed because we were waiting on the crew members. The flight was delayed for two hours because the crew members were late! Unbelievable! Never flying with them again. I do not recommend Sunwing. Pay a little more and get a better flight. You truly get what you pay for.
Date FlownJune 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. Very bad service and not-polite customer service representatives. The flight is always delayed. It’s my third flight with this airline and it’s already been delayed by over an hour. I would not recommend this airline and would not use it again.
Date FlownJune 2018

"Not happy with the service"

Trip Verified | Paid additional $60 for 2 adults and a child so we can sit together and in a row closest to door. As expected there's at least a 2 hour delay for this flight we are sitting on right now. Wasn't going to write a review about the delays because for the price we paid (compared to other airlines), the delay is fine, understandable. Reason is the delayed arrival of a plane from its flight from Montego Bay. However we are not pleased with the lady crew who are supposed to be helping us find and load our 2 carry on baggages. She commented we were supposed to have only one carry on. There's 3 of us! We paid for row 5 but ended up boarding very late (according to their sequence) and ended up having no spots for our bags. She asked us to find space all the way at the back! We are so tired from waiting and I believe we should be helped. Not happy with the service! There are lots of ways these cabin crew can simply do to help us board and get us going. Could have used other airlines who are better with their customers!
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2018

"very likely 2-hour delay"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. Great price, but you must accept a very likely 2-hour delay. Probably one hour sitting in the un-ventilated cabin waiting for delayed passengers. From Vancouver to Toronto I waited 2 hours. They announce no delay until the very last minute, so you will not have a chance to wait out in a comfortable place like a garden near airport or home. From Toronto to Vancouver - again no advance announcement of the delay. So you come and wait in the airport where they announce one hour delay of serving the airplane. Then we boarded and waited one additional 30 minutes for the delayed passengers who got stuck with immigration control from their previous connected flight. After that it turned out that airplane engine will not stat without a machine that blows hot air into it and the machine is malfunctioning. Add another 30 minute for them to get another machine. So total 2-hour delay of which one hour in a sweat bath. On a good side: flight attendants are nice. Price is great: Vancouver to Toronto return flight 380 total after tax.
Date FlownJune 2018

"not flying Sunwing again"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Cayo Coco. The staff at the counter seated me, my 12-y.o. son and my husband all over the plane, claiming they do not have 3 seats in the same row. They then mentioned they have 3 Premium Economy in the same row but i have to pay. I was forced to pay $90 so that we could sit all together. Would you seat your child with strangers while going on vacation? Not a bad way to make extra money by the airline? On the way back we had a stewardess being very rude to us. We had a night flight and she kept pushing and waking people up while squeezing through the aisles. Definitely not flying with Sunwing ever again.
RouteHalifax to Cayo Coco
Date FlownMay 2018

"customer service beyond pathetic"

Trip Verified | Booked an All Inclusive to Cayo Coco. Flight returning home was supposed to leave at 9:30am. When we arrived at the resort, the following morning we overheard someone complaining their Sunwing flight had been changed so we checked with the rep and our flight had been changed to 9:30 pm. We received NO communication from Sunwing regarding this change. The day we were to leave we confirmed the flight time with the rep in the morning - at that time there were no further changes. We arrived in the hotel lobby to meet the bus only to find out the flight had been delayed again to 11:00 pm. Once at the airport it was delayed a further 2 hours. The Sunwing check in staff had no information and there was no rep available to speak to. It was bad enough they delayed our flight home more than 12 hours but the fact that we were never notified illustrates their customer service is beyond pathetic.
RouteCayo Coco to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"changed flights, delayed flights"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cancun. We paid money based on a flight we liked and both times they changed it on us and they tell you there’s nothing you can do about it. We paid extra money to leave on a Monday since we were gaining a day. If we left on the Tuesday we would have saved approximately $500. When we booked our trip our flight was initially supposed to depart Mexico at 10pm. Because of the late arrival home we booked the Tuesday off work. A few days before leaving on our trip the departure time was changed to 8pm. A day before we were supposed to leave, someone at the resort that recognized us from the plane advised us that the flight had been changed to 10:20am. Sunwing never contacted us to advise us of the change. I then went to the rep at the resort to confirm this information and to let her know how upset we were about the fact that we were being robbed of an entire day. She was not sympathetic at all and then turned around and told me how disappointed she was that our group did not book any excursions. I walked out right after because it was a conversation going nowhere. We were a group of 77 people attending a wedding. Some people were given the wrong pick up time and even missed the bus ride to the airport. When we pay and make a booking we are bound to that contact. Sunwing has constantly changed flights, delayed flights and has never given us any compensation. We had to purchase breakfast and lunch for the day. Our family member could no longer pick us up because they were still at work when we landed. Because of this we had to pay for transportation home. Not only did we pay extra money to choose this package. We ended up having to spend more money because of this change that Sunwing caused. Due to all this as well, my husband and I lost a day of work. I highly recommend you avoid booking with Sunwing. They never keep their end of the commitment and not one customer service rep cares. The total trip cost us $3500 and we could have paid $3000 if we left on the Tuesday to get the same vacation. I understand the flights are subject to change but a full day at the last minute is completely unacceptable. 1,2 or even 3 hours is okay but a whole day is robbery!!! This also happened to a group of 28 of us 3 months ago when we went to Los Cabos. They changed our flight to 5 hours earlier. Seems like they sell these packages with sweet flight times to entice people to buy and then change them at the last minute since there is nothing you can do. Classic bait and switch.
RouteToronto to Cancun

"surprisingly very impressed"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Los Cabos. First time flying with Sunwing and I was surprisingly very impressed! Check in was flawless. I did the web check in 4 hours prior to departure for both flights and managed to get one of the first few rows each time. Both flights were on time (the return was even a bit early!) and our resort was wonderful. All sunwing staff for extra helpful. Thank you Sunwing. I will definitely consider them again.
RouteToronto to Los Cabos
Date FlownMay 2018

"kind cool and collected"

Trip Verified | Varadero to St John. Arrived home today had an awesome vacation through sunwing package. Stayed at the starfish Varadero for what we payed it was well worth the trip. Both ways the flight was very good. We landed in a heavy downpour and we flew out in a heavy downpour and the pilot did a great job. I would like to thank a particular member of our flight crew for putting up with the very rude and intoxicated lady in front of us, she was not only kind cool and collected but extremely polite she even apologized when she shouldn't have. The passenger was rude loud and just plan mean.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy