Best Cabin Crew

SAS Scandinavian

"pleasant and comfortable"

(Norway)

Newark to Oslo, and the new interior of the SAS A330 makes a world of difference. Welcoming staff, dinner had great variety and food. The breakfast was not that great, with only some cheese and ham served with bread. SAS new business class seats are most comfortable. You can configure the firmness of the seat, a light massage and a flat bed with Hästens blankets made it possible to fall asleep after watching a movie. The tv shows included in the inair selection was poor, and had only one or two episodes from popular shows. Traveling in SAS business class made my trip to and from New York pleasant and comfortable, with prices not exceeding what you get for your money.
RouteEWR to OSL
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I will never fly SAS"

(Denmark)

Copenhagen to Riga, and SAS Scandinavian is simply terrible. It says something about the airline when one can say that even Aeroflot is better at looking after their customers. SAS charged me extra for an overweight bag, which they didn't even deliver to the final location. While I was trying to locate any person to speak with who could help, the inhumane and terrible attitude of the employees to whom I had to speak to was out of this world. I never was spoken to so rudely by people to whom I'm paying money. Ultimately, the airline never refunded the overweight charge for the bag which they never delivered to the final destination - even after almost an hour an a half I spent sending someone to Kastrup so they could find anyone who could answer my questions and find where the bag was. I've never had a good experience flying SAS, but after this brazen and immoral act of theirs, I am sure I will never fly SAS.
RouteCPH to RIX

"seats a bit too small"

The price for this trip Munich to Washington Dulles via Copenhagen with SAS was great! The service at Copenhagen Airport was great too. The A340 seats were a bit too small, but they were comfortable. The inflight entertainment system worked mostly, the meals were delicious and the cabin crew was kind and helpful!
RouteMUC to IAD via CPH
Date FlownAugust 2015

"like a low cost airline"

Flight with SAS Scandinavian from Berlin to Aberdeen via Copenhagen after new year. Both flights were on time and both in a small CRJ900. The connection in Copenhagen was pretty short and was worried my bag didn't make it through, but on arrival my bag was there. No negatives to say apart that the inflight service is not free. We had to pay for a drink or snack like a low cost airline.
AircraftCRJ900
RouteTXL to ABZ via CPH

"airlines partnership myth"

(Sweden)

I have never seen such recklessness and lack of coordination between airlines like the one I have experienced today January 9 2016. My flight from Nashville to Chicago was delayed due to Snow and then the delay was lifted and ended up missing the flight. With the 2 hrs delay I was going to miss my connection at Chicago and there is where all the mystery began, American Airlines could only rebook me on the following day to Chicago and then they told me to call SAS on my own since they "can't touch their booking system". I called SAS for 4 hrs unsuccessfully, such a poor customer service representative finally answered my call only to put me on hold for 20 minutes and then ending up with telling me that "I checked with my supervisor and American Airlines have to rebook you all the way to your destination", really? So the airlines partnership myth is all hysterical, there's is no such a thing. I thought customers are supposed to mean business to them, but they are not - so next time you choose these airlines you know that your importance to them ends when you have paid for your ticket, after that you are on your own, no customer service will be at your convenience "because they will be closed".
RouteIAD to ARN via CPH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"lack of attention to detail "

I flew SAS Scandinavian from Warsaw on January 2nd to Newark via Copenhagen, and when I arrived at Newark, my luggage was not there. SAS had shipped it to Chicago O'Hare. When I asked why it was sent there as my airline ticket stated Newark and "Newark" was listed on the luggage tag placed at the counter in Warsaw, there was no explanation. SAS Baggage Department said they would have it shipped directly to my home address on January 4th after they retrieved it from Chicago. I had to make three calls to SAS to ascertain where my luggage was on January 5th. It was not delivered to my home until January 6th with no reason as to why it was flown to Chicago. SAS lack of attention to customer detail and customer satisfaction is practically non existent. Don't send anything through their baggage department if you need it back by the time you arrive at your final destination!
RouteWAW to EWR via CPH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"friendly and professional staff"

(Sweden)

Had the oppurtunity to fly SAS Scandinavian business on my trip back home from Chicago to Stockholm so was actually really looking forward to the flight. It started off a bit weak as boarding was roughly 30 minutes delayed, and take off delayed by another 30 minutes. This, however, was because of some checked bags having to be off loaded due to the passengers never showing up, so I don't blame SAS for this. I was welcomed onboard by a friendly flight attendant who took my jacket and offered me a glass of champagne. I had the pleasure of flying on one of Scandinavians new A330 Enhanced and the seat was incredibly spacious and comfortable. Since I lack business experience I can't compare to anything but it was certainly satisfactory to me. We were offered a 3 course meal after take off and it was really good. The in-flight personal entertainment was excellent with a large screen and a good amount of movies and series to choose from. The seat could be made into a fully lie flat bed which was incredibly welcome as I have a hard time sleeping on normal flights. It also featured a massage function, which was nice. About two hours before we landed, we were offered breakfast, which was really good. There was a large assortment of included wares and although I did not really ask for much, it was still nice to see. My only real complaint is that I failed to connect to the wifi, even after numerous tries. But I had no pressing need for it and there was much else to do instead. All in all, it was definately the most comfortable flight I have had, complimented with a very friendly and professional staff. We landed only slightly delayed and while the ground service was a bit slow, it really did not matter. I only hope I can get to fly business again and would ertainly do so with Scandinavian.
AircraftA330-300
RouteORD to ARN

"no food was offered"

(Belgium)

Brussels to Helsinki via Copenhagen route that I flew is dominated by Finnair and SAS was the only airline offering it in a decent price and with a decent change over (of around 1 hour). There were no problems with the aircraft and it left on time. The cabin crew was nice, however, no food was offered on the flight for free and only coffee or tea was complimentary, not even water! If you need to fly this route I would recommend a flight with Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich. There was wifi onboard but it was an outrageous price!
RouteBRU to HEL via CPH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seat was not too cramped "

I was pleasantly surprised by SAS Scandinavian flying from Washington to Munich via Copenhagen. The new cabin interiors are very modern and comfortable. My seat in economy class was not too cramped and I had a good amount of legroom. The entertainment system in the cabin was also very new: touch screen, plenty of movies and games. We did take of with a delay but the pilot made that up without a problem. Overall, a pleasant experience.
RouteIAD to MUC via CPH

"service is terrible"

(Sweden)

SAS don't do business class on their short haul flights, only SAS Plus, which is Premium Economy. I checked in online as usual. At the airport I collected my luggage tag, put it on and then went to the bagdrop counter to drop the bag. I asked for a priority tag. The guy at the bagdrop nodded so I thought I was getting one. In Kiruna my bag arrived after most people had collected their bag. There was no food served. I got a smoothie and a can of mineral water. The passenger next to me got some wine and a small bag of crisps. Flying SAS these days feels more like flying Ryanair. The service at the airport and onboard is terrible. It is so not worth it to pay extra to fly SAS Plus. The lounge in terminal 4 is small and also awful. You pay a bit more for something extra but don't be surprised if they treat you badly. Ground staff not very friendly. Glad I don't have to fly with them too often.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy