SAS Scandinavian

"First and last time"

Trip Verified | We arrived at Oslo airport to receive an email saying our flight had been cancelled, went to the desk where they had no reason why. Was told we had to fly to Stockholm and wait for a connecting flight to London. What should of been an 2 hour flight turned into a 4 hour flight plus hours of hanging around airports. Oslo airport at 11.30 got into London Airport at 5.40. First and last time using SAS Scandinavian.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Oslo
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"overall very happy with my flight"

Trip Verified | Prior to choosing SAS I used to take the non-stop flight for the San Francisco to Munich route with LH. This time I was looking for a cheap ticket and found the SAS flight for $1100 for the SFO-MUC route, with a stop in Copenhagen (2/23/2018). I read some reviews to make sure it won't be a hassle. Some reviews made me think twice as to whether I should choose SAS. Got my ticket anyway and was overall very happy with my flight. Staff were great, food was good. The plane itself was an A340-300, not the A340-600 that LH is using. I like the LH plane, due to the large number of rest rooms in the lower part of the plane. The entertainment options were pretty good too, didn't listen to music, but a bunch of movies TV, docs aso. No soccer, but still great, helps a lot to kill time on the flight. So overall for the prices they offer, pretty good deal. Oh, BTW, they had a chef as well on board. That was pretty cool too. I talked talked to him a bit, very nice guy.
AircraftA340-300
RouteMunich to San Francisco via Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"one big disorganised clown show"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Flew SAS Scandinavian from Copenhagen to Beijing. Unbelievable that you pay for a premium economy class ticket which should include WIFI but the staff on board have no clue on how to get it to work. Would you not expect that there was a mechanism for them to turn it on manually? Yes, you would but there is not, you can either be lucky that the system works and accepts your ticket number and by the way you have to sign up for Eurobonus even that you are a Star Alliance Gold member. The whole thing makes absolutely no sense and this was one big disorganised clown show.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCopenhagen to Beijing

"will not fly SAS again"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Washington to Copenhagen. Exorbitant fees: will not fly SAS again. Fee for change of return date: $300, plus pricing policy that made it more expensive for me to change the return date than to buy a new return ticked with the same airline (SAS), on the same distance and the same date. Total cost given by SAS for changing the return date for this transatlantic flight: $800. I ended up buying a one-way ticket with a different airline rather than changing my return date with SAS. On the inbound flight, the extra luggage fee for this transatlantic flight was $120 per item, additional $120 for overweight on the same item: Total $240 for each overweight additional item. I have not paid fees remotely as high as this with any other airline.
RouteWashington to Copenhagen
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I wouldn't recommend using SAS"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | New York to Milan via Oslo. I flewto Portland with SAS for Christmas to visit my Family this year. That was the first time I've flown with SAS to US, because I thought they're a reliable company from Sweden that I can trust - however SAS is the worst airline company I've ever travelled. Their connecting flights are always delayed at least 1 hour (without exception), I've even missed a connection flight on the way back. They have delivered my baggage with delay on Christmas so I couldn't give my nephews their Christmas gifts on the day. Furthermore when I've returned back to Milano, they couldn't deliver my baggage at all (it has been a week since my baggage is still missing) so don't get tricked with marketing materials they promote. Unless you're flying inside Europe to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, I wouldn't recommend anyone using SAS.
RouteNew York to Milan via Oslo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew were polite and willing to help"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Flight from Stockholm to Athens and back to Stockholm a few days later. No problems checking-in especially given the fact that one can check in online and just deliver their luggage at SAS "bag drop". Both flights very smooth and virtually on time. SAS is usually stating longer flight duration, so that even a somehow delayed departure goes unnoticed since the flight still arrives "on time". The crew were polite and willing to help with cabin luggage. On my return trip I had the chance to fly on their SAS Plus class, enjoying extra leg room and a tasty cold meal (SAS is promoting their "cube" concept, where your whole meal is perfectly fit in a little box!). SAS was once again reliable and pleasant to travel with.
RouteStockholm Arlanda to Athens

"incredibly bad organization"

Trip Verified | Flew SAS Scandinavian from Stockholm to Newark (EWR). Nice design and good looking aircraft. But incredibly bad organization and communication of a 130 min delay. This was a test, but SAS failed. In the future I will go back to Lufthansa. That’s what tests are for! What a shame, because initially all had looked good!
RouteStockholm to Newark (EWR)

"Luggage allowance generous"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Billund to Copenhagen on 3rd January 2018. ATR72-600 aircraft was noisy but well functioning in the hard rains. Luggage allowance generous. On time. Checked through and got all coming Boarding Passes for Star Alliance connections. Very junior check-in staff could not “identify” my onwards flight and refused to check in my baggage to final destination (all on legacy carriers). Smooth boarding and disembarking by walking straight to plane only some 50-100 meters. Onboard staff were very international, but difficult to understand in any of the languages they applied. Coffee and Tea served and refilled. Transfer in CPH (for onwards travel) went smooth. Nothing exceptional, but altogether a smooth, firm, and punctual travel with loads of luggage handled well (though not checked in to final destination).
AircraftATR72-600
RouteBillund to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"worst airline I have been on"

Trip Verified | Washington to Copenhagen. This is the worst airline I have been on since I began flying regularly on long hall flights 13 years ago. You are only allowed one bag, the fees for more are very expensive, there is no free alcohol on the long haul flights and the wine is 9€ which is ridiculous in Europe where a normal bottle of wine costs around 3€. The food was amazingly bad and bland, the staff were in no way friendly and the in flight entertainment system looked like it was made in the 70s. Oh, and the ticket was the most expensive I have paid in about 7 years. I will not fly with SAS again. Take my advice, and follow suit.
RouteWashington to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Not very family friendly"

Trip Verified | Oslo to Miami. On time, pleasant trip, good service. Not very family friendly, had to check stroller with luggage in Oslo, which meant carrying toddler through customs check in Miami. I felt bad for families with 2 or more toddlers to carry as the line at border control in Miami took 30 minutes.
RouteOslo to Miami