Vote Now

SAS Scandinavian

"it was an easy 10 hrs flight"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Hong Kong return. My first flight SAS long-haul and very impressed. New airplane. Best thing is the inflight entertainment which is the best I've seen. HD fast responding touch screens and a lot of new movies, around 10 of them were from 2016. Wifi worked well so it was an easy 10 hrs flight. Meal served after about 2 hrs, then a sandwich with coffee in the middle of the flight and a nice salad about one hour before landing. In my opinion SAS new long haul product is among the best.
RouteStockholm to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I had sufficient legroom"

Verified Review | Malaga to London Heathrow via Copenhagen. The check in at Malaga T3 was great, there was no queue and the staff were helpful. Boarding was fast and uneventful. The flight was fairly empty. I was seated in 8C and there was another passenger in 8A. I wanted a window seat so simply asked the FA if I could move forward a row where there was nobody seated and he was happy to let me do so. The flight departed Malaga on time. Tea and coffee service began 10 minutes into the flight. Only tea, coffee and water were complimentary throughout. There was an onboard menu, however I did not purchase anything as I felt the food and snacks were over priced. The flight time was around 3 hours 45 mins and there was no seatback or over-head entertainment screens. The flight landed in Copenhagen on time. One thing I really liked about SAS was that they knew if there were passengers who were connecting, before we arrived at the gate the FA’s announced gates for passengers who were connecting through Copenhagen. They informed us that our onward flight was at the gate and boarding would start in an hour. We proceeded through the terminal towards our gate. When we arrived at the gate there was a new system in place. Our boarding passes were scanned before going into an area of seating which was just for our flight. I was seated in 22B. The flight was full. On this flight there was only one tea and coffee service due to turbulence. We arrived on time and our baggage all made it in one piece. On both flights the cabin was maintained to a high standard, however the colours were slightly dull and both aircraft were quite old and outdated. The crew were very friendly and they spoke perfect English. On both flights I had sufficient legroom. I was happy overall with the service received.
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteAGP to LHR via CPH
Date FlownJune 2016

"good budget airline flight"

Verified Review | Munich to Copenhagen. Lufthansa check in was surly as were lounge staff, everyone looked like they were having a bad day. Happiest Lufthansa staff appeared to be the clearing tables in the lounge. This was a business class fare but in an economy cabin. I thought that SAS EuroPlus would at least give you the middle seat free but it doesn't. Was in Row 1 but it was very cramped. Boarding was chaotic and many passengers seemed to have status so when you got to Row 1waiting in queue the overhead bins were basically full although there will still lots of empty seats up front meaning that you had to go several rows back to store a two small bags. Seat was small with poor recline but the flight was short, food in cardboard box but was fresh and tasted nice. Seafood in every course and dressing would have been a challenge if you didn't like fish. Crew were very pleasant. Left and arrived on time. Getting off was a bit of a challenge getting back down the cabin to retrieve the bags. Was basically like a good budget airline flight and not worth the fare paid. Would fly them again on an economy fare.
RouteMunich to Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"you have to pay everything"

Verified Review | Zurich to Ostersund via Stockholm with SAS Scandinavian. I would never travel with SAS again. I arrived to the airport in Zurich and I wanted to add a ski bag. They charged me 70 euros. I paid it and I asked if I can reserve in advance a ski bag for my flight back and pay 30 euros instead of 70 euros. They told me I have to do it online. I went online and it was not possible. So I called the customer service to reserve an additional bag 1 week before my flight. The customer service couldn't reserve because they told me there is a problem in the system and I have to do it in the airport. I told them this is not fair because I want to do in advance so not to pay 70 euros again. They didn't help. In the end they forced me to pay the full price to bring my skis with me. In addition, you have to pay everything on the plane like a low cost airline, even though you pay a ticket like a normal airline. Overall, my worst experience with an airline, not professional, not respecting their customers.
RouteZurich to Ostersund via Stockholm
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cancelled due to insufficient staff"

Unverified | Checked in at Copenhagen for SK2519, morning direct flight to Aberdeen. Disappointed to find out flight has been cancelled due to insufficient staff numbers for flight. Now re-routed through Stavanger in Norway and now arriving back in Aberdeen late in afternoon rather than morning.
RouteCopenhagen to Aberdeen via Stavanger
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the actual flight was very good"

Verified Review | Booked as part of a multi leg trip from Shannon with a connection through Heathrow, the trip did not start off good with SAS cancelling my original flight and booked me on a later flight, which meant I was going to miss my train connection in Arlanda. When I arrived at the connecting centre in Heathrow SAS agent advised my original flight was cancelled and then checked with her supervisor, the agent was able to transfer me to an earlier flight as all the flights were delayed due to fog. Top marks to the transfer agent who went out of her way to transfer me and they were able to arrange for my checked bag to be put on the earlier flight. The actual flight was very good: upon boarding the aircraft was clean and modern, the seat was one of the new slim lined seats which give a little extra legroom and have a section of magazines available, with the usual in-flight sales catalogue. After takeoff the crew started the in-flight service which was a buy on board cafe, with complementary tea & coffee, prices were very reasonable verses other airlines buy on board, with the benefit of being able to pay by cash and card, the crew came through multiple times on the flight with refills of tea & coffee. The flight crew gave regular updates throughout the flight and the flight overall was smooth and relaxing. At all stages I found the SAS crews both on the ground and in the air friendly and professional and a pleasure to fly with. Flight landed in Arlanda with sufficient time to make my connection and my luggage arrived.
RouteLHR to ARN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"mature and courteous crew"

Verified Review | Stockholm to Stavanger via Oslo. Took 5 flights with SAS Scandinavian in September 2016. Mature and courteous crew. Very nice lounges all over Scandinavia. Convenient facilities offerred for business class passengers "SAS PLUS" such as priority boarding, free lounge access, priority baggage clearance. Planes look and feel worn down with no TVs.
RouteARN to SVG via OSL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"it was an okay experience"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Stockholm. Because the American Airlines flight I was about the take was cancelled because of a tire issue I was rebooked by American to fly with SAS in order to get in time to Stockholm. I ended up in a premium-economy seat which was very spacious, the screen was bigger then economy and the seats next to me were free (the whole airplane was not crowded, not even in economy, I guess a 60% occupancy of all seats). I was a little disappointed about the meals served, they didn't "glamour" in any way, like a typical plane meal on a long haul flight. The crew were present but not overwhelmingly interacting with us. Overall, because the flight was on time (even landed some minutes earlier) I must say it was an okay experience.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLAX to ARN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"recommended if price is right"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Hong Kong via Stockholm. First and last legs shorthaul, SAS don't do Business class but on a business ticket you get assigned first 2 rows and a very small snack. Plane interior very old, however flights on time and crew both ways very nice. Terminal 2 at Heathrow you can use several of the Star Alliance lounges, United seemed to be the best, but all decent. Overall no complaints. Stockholm to Hong Kong in their new business class. Lounge at Stockholm was to be frank, poor. Although obviously new, small, crowded, lacking facilities and minimal food and drinks offerings. On to the flight, seating just 4 across in business and only 8 rows so an exclusive feel. New interior, seats look similar to Emirates business but comfort nowhere near as good, neither supporting head or lower back - noticed many other passengers all trying to get comfortable using pillows etc just as I did. Once into flat bed it was decent. Big TV screen but minimal content. Wifi worked reasonably well for a plane. Food was excellent though as were the crew. Overall the cost of ticket was thousands less than direct flight so excellent value but its not the best business seat, nor is it the worst. Recommended if the price is right.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330
RouteLHR to HKG via ARN

"ignorance is unacceptable"

Verified Review | Bucharest to Manchester via Copenhagen. I was returning to UK from Bucharest after my Christmas holiday yesterday with an SAS flight. Had the connection in Copenhagen. At the boarding line the SAS staff who checked my passport (Romanian/EU passport) stopped me and said that she has to check if I need a visa to travel further. At first I was amused and asked her "really, Romania is in EU!" as I though it was a joke! But very annoyed with my answer, she said that she has to check (even though on my passport was written EU, and Romania - in EU since 2007!). I didn't feel it is worth continue an argument with such an ignorant person. This situation created big discomfort. I don't know if the airport/airline employees have to give a general knowledge test (common sense would be enough), but so much ignorance is unacceptable. I regret choosing this airline, and I regret to find that this kind of people exists.
RouteOTP to MAN via CPH