SAS Scandinavian

"non existent customer service"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew Stockholm to London. This airline has an almost non existent customer service, if you should ever have any issues with your booking. I tried to recover money for over 1 year when they charged me 3 times for one ticket. I probably spent near 6 hours on recovering the money. Regarding the actual flying. The staff are usually nice but it's a low price airline experience. With the only difference that SAS usually have older planes and more expensive food. I only recommend flying SAS if there is no other alternative. I have flown SAS a lot and is a gold tier traveller as Star Alliance. Norwegian and Easyjet are far better than SAS, but Ryanair is possibly worse, however at a fraction of the price.
RouteStockholm to London
Date FlownOctober 2017

"satisfied with the value for money"

Verified Review | London to Oslo return, SK806/809. Very quick and easy check-in at both ends, both flights departed on time. Flights were smooth and service was friendly and efficient, with reasonable prices for goods though I bought my food and drink on the ground. Paid a reasonable price for my ticket and was very satisfied with the value for money.
RouteLondon to Oslo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"flight cancelled altogether"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Hong Kong via Stockholm. The transfer flight from Stockholm to Hong Kong was delayed from 2.30 to 5, then 5 to 7.40, then got cancelled altogether. The initial delay was informed through SMS, however, the subsequent delays and cancellation were not notified through any channel including SMS or email. Passengers were not updated until the very last min at the gate when they were actually lining up for boarding! 2We were told that the delay was caused by a lightning struck on the wing, and they were doing everything they can to get it back on the air within a couple hours. Unrealistic expectation! We saw nobody working on the plane which was parked right at the gate. If they were welding the hole as what we were told, shouldn’t that be performed in a hanger? It’s a Sunday, do you expect any Swede to work at all? Since we had access to the Lounge, we were told by the staff at gate to head to SAS Lounge located at the other end of the terminal; not only it’s incredibly far, we also had to go back out through passport control and security check again. Other passengers without lounge access were told to wait near the gate. After sitting in the lounge for an hour or so, we went to the service centre (right below the lounge) to get an update. We took a ’fast’ ticket for Plus/Business and still waited 45 mins for anyone to assist us. There were no seats available nearby so everyone waiting were standing in front of the counter with luggages. At counter, staff told us that the flight was cancelled altogether. We were upset because I was due to be a grooms-mate for a wedding at destination. We requested another flight and did not want to wait till the next day. The staff couldn’t make decision and told us to wait for the supervisor. The supervisor did not appear for another 40mins and we just stood there waited! When she finally got out, her attitude was not at all helpful despite we were being incredibly polite.
AircraftA330-300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCopenhagen to Hong Kong via Stockholm
Date FlownJune 2017

"just a disaster"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Don’t buy tickets if it’s more than 100€ because it isn't worth it, SAS is a low cost airline with a disaster service and assistance. Your flight can be canceled more than once and delayed in the same time. Then you will fly through a connection. This is my story, just a disaster.
RouteStockholm to Gdansk
Date FlownOctober 2017

"No food or cold drinks offered"

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Stuttgart. Absolutely another budget airline that doesn’t deserve to be part of star alliance. Besides the horrible flight I had with SAS 2 years ago this flight here proved that they can’t even compete with Germanwings. No food or cold drinks offered on board - only tea and coffee. Rubbish airport with no silver lounge - definitely not meeting star alliance standards. Of course flight was delayed.
RouteCopenhagen to Stuttgart
Date FlownOctober 2017

"similar to low cost carriers"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | SAS long haul product is similar to low cost carriers like Norwegian or WOW Air, so absolutely not worth your money if you can fly cheaper on a low cost airline. You get one free soft drink with you meal, all other drinks (extra soft drinks on a 10hr flight, alcohol) is to be paid extra. For the meals: no choice at all, everybody is to eat the same. There are extra snacks on purchase. Crew wasn't rude, but not friendly either. If you can fly for the same price on actual carriers like Lufthansa, Swiss or KLM I wouldn't hesitate and avoid SAS.
RouteStockholm to Los Angeles

"flight was unspectacular"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | To make it short and sweet. When I booked the price difference between Economy and Business wasn't that big. I also wanted to treat myself to Lounge access and fast track at Copenhagen airport. The flight itself was unspectacular, priority boarding was smooth and the food and drinks offered were ok. The downside is that unlike other airlines SAS is selling the entire seat row so the middle seat is occupied. Leg room was acceptable since it was row 1. If the price difference was bigger I wouldn’t be so gentle.
RouteCopenhagen to Chania

"everything went smooth"

Verified Review | Hamburg to Stockholm via Copenhagen. I was a bit reputed flying SAS after all those negative reviews. But everything went smooth without any hiccup. All 4 flights on time, boarding was well organized, FA's were superfriendly and polite. Great value for money for those 4 short Sectors.
AircraftA320 / Bombardier CR9
RouteHamburg to Stockholm via Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2017

"basically a low cost discount carrier"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Tallinn via Stockholm. We chose this airline because I thought it is a full service airline. I flew to Asia about once a year with Asia airlines and this is by far the worse experience for the following reasons. We picked this airline because it was the cheapest but for good reason because you have to pay for many things. The only seats that we can choose without fees during booking are the ones in the back of the plane. We can choose seats free within 24 hours. There is only one choice of food. You don’t get to chose. It is taking it or leave it. No hand wipes before the meal. No free alcohol. I paid $8.64 for a tiny bottle of wine that I can buy for 2.50 Euros. For ANA, it is free. No cabin service. I asked for a glass of orange juice. The flight attendant is in the back gallery. I went back there but the flight attendant was too busy talking to another passenger. I grab a Coke and she told me I have to pay for it. The seats were so cramped. We sat on row 35 which was just 2 rows in front of the 4 toilets and all we heard was vacuum going on when people flushed the toilets. The overhead light, you have to get up and push. No arm rest control. Some passengers had to go through extensive thorough security screening. The flights were on time though and was even 30 minutes early on the leg from Stockholm to Los Angeles. This is basically a low cost discount carrier that offers almost no amenities but at full service carrier price.
RouteLos Angeles to Tallinn via Stockholm

"service is impeccable"

Verified Review | The airplanes are almost new and the service in the ground and on board is impeccable. Operations were on time. Considering the competition in the Scandinavian routes, the relation cost-servicebias actually quite good. They also provide a high frequency of flights, making it easy to get when you want to your destination.
RouteStockholm to Barcelona