Vote Now

SAS Scandinavian

"SAS become a budget carrier"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Stockholm return. We flew SAS for 7 legs in March. Generally, the inland flights and short international flights (ARN-OSL) are fine. But Hong Kong to Stockholm was delayed for 3.5 hours, so that all connecting flights are re-routed and still we barely made it. The baggage didn't make it and was delayed for 16 hours. When we checked with ground staff in Tromso, they seemed to know nothing regarding the whereabouts of our baggage. They said we can wait 2 hours for the next flight and we did. Our baggage was not on the carousel and we checked with them again. Then after some walking around they said it will be on the plane the next day morning, but the delivery people won't pick it up before 4:30 pm the next day and we were given the choice of coming back to pick it up at our own cost. We ended up getting our baggage sent to our hotel at 6 pm. First off, the ground staff should allow more transfer time when re-routing our connecting flights. Second, I can't see, in this age how those people at Tromso not know where our baggage is and when it will arrive. Then on the inbound flight SK963 ARN-HKG, the captain said the cargo cabin door was broken after boarding is completed. Then for 3 hours, we were stuck on the plane with no food provided and no heat. Every 30 minutes, the captain updated with something like the technicians were still checking and he had no further info. At last, the damage needed to be fixed by someone from Airbus HQ in Toulouse and SAS is not attempting to switch us to another aircraft or re-route us at all. The flight was delayed for 24 hours. And if you have anything important to do, too bad, because you shouldn't have chosen SAS at all. The funny thing is, even though the flight was delayed for 24 hours, we still had to wait for them to load the containers after all passengers were boarded. About 30 minutes after the flight's scheduled time, the captain made an announcement again, saying the containers were loaded in the wrong order and had to be re-loaded again. All in all, SAS sounds like a joke. On SK963 and SK964, only 1 non-alcoholic drink is provided for free throughout the 10-hour flight. On shorter flights, only coffee, tea or water is provided for free. You may want to stock up on snacks before boarding. Since when has SAS become a budget carrier?
RouteOslo to Hong Kong via Stockholm
Date FlownMarch 2017

"lacks the edible component"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Aalborg. Flying with SAS was a pleasant experience. The overall rating I'm giving is 9 of 10, because something edible is missing. A nice Scandinavian whole grain bun with something in it would be super! When flying domestic in Sweden I usually fly BRA, because of their inflight service. It's not just the cost of the bun but also the value of the atmosphere it creates in the cabin, when the staff is given a pretty simple tool to give service to the guests. Coffee / tea is fine - and better than nothing - but it lacks the edible component. Flying Norwegian on the other hand - with no service what so ever, and thus no atmosphere in the cabin - is a no go for me.
RouteCopenhagen to Aalborg
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"something edible is missing"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Aalborg to Copenhagen. Flying with SAS was a pleasant experience. The overall rating is 9 of 10, because something edible is missing to the coffee / tea, they serve en route to Copenhagen. A nice Scandinavian whole grain bun with something in it would be super!
RouteAalborg to Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I will avoid SAS in the future"

Verified Review | Stockholm to Zurich. Terrible experience checking into SAS today at Arlanda. I fly internationally often, many times through Stockholm. I have NEVER had an experience in ANY airport like I did today. Because I am flying from Stockholm, via Zurich (staying overnight) and into Washington DC, I was not able to check in on-line. I knew I needed to see a counter agent before I even got to the airport. I followed the signs to the correct check-in and presented my confirmation and Star Alliance gold card to the SAS agent who was at a mobile counter outside of the lines to see an agent. He immediately and very rudely told me I had to check in at the kiosks. I tried to tell him that I wouldn't be able to check in at the kiosks, but he was uninterested in my response and told me, "that's what we do here." Sure enough, I was not able to check in at the kiosk and went back asking to see his supervisor. He kept saying that he was a supervisor. In the meantime, I was so flustered, I thought I had lost my passport. I told him I wanted to speak to someone who was his supervisor or boss, but the person I finally talked to said he was at the same level as the person with whom I had the problems. The second supervisor I spoke with was someone nicer, but never apologized for the way in which I was treated. Despite the fact that my husband and I fly often to Stockholm, we will do whatever we can in the future to avoid flying SAS. SAS customer service has noticeably decreased in the last 5-8 years, and after my experience today, I will avoid SAS in the future in any way I can.
RouteStockholm to Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2017

"very good flight experience"

(Denmark)

Unverified | Copenhagen to Miami. A very good flight experience on an A330-300 from Copenhagen to Miami. Checking in at home, at airport only bagage drop, then security checks. Easy. Plus class on SAS is Premium economy. More than happy with space to front and side when seating. Very good and large tv-screen. Food surprisingly good. Excellent cabin service. Toilets clean at all times I visited. The 10 hours flight passed quickly and arrived at Miami in good mood.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCopenhagen to Miami
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cabin crew was excellent"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | I flew from Stockholm ARN to Hong Kong HKG with SAS Airbus 330. Long haul flight in SAS Plus. The flight was comfortable in the new SAS cabin. The cabin crew was excellent and the onboard wifi and entertainment system worked very well. The aircraft was clean according to the highest standards. I definitively recommend SAS for long haul flights.
RouteStockholm to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"refund of the upgrade fee"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Copenhagen return. The outbound flight was an old bird. Musty cloth seats that smelled like moldy gym socks, drop-down CRTs every 3rd row, simply awful cabin. Logged into WiFi and got charged for it, but the Internet connection didn't work for anyone on that flight. Still working on a refund 2 months later. Return flight was actually far worse. I paid $220 extra for SAS PLUS upgrade CPH to SFO -- on the SAS promise that I would have USB charger, LCD screen, free WiFi, etc. Well, the cabin wasn't updated so I got none of that. No USB charger, no power for my laptop either, no WiFi signal on the plane, no LCD, and not even a ventilation duct. I wrote SAS and demanded a refund of the upgrade fee - which they perfunctorily declined.
RouteSan Francisco to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"avoid SAS at all costs in future "

(Austria)

Verified Review | Short afternoon flight from Stockholm to Copenhagen in SAS Plus. Check in and security swift and uncomplicated. Arlanda lounge is your typical busy SAS 'ikea' lounge. The flight itself was very unpleasant. Boarding was late and an unorganised scrum. Seated in 1F with minimal legroom and felt very squashed in, due to the curvature of the plane. Also, the middle seat was occupied, adding to the squeeze. No chance to move to a better seat as the flight was jam packed. Service was a pathetic cheese sandwich. If you have Star Gold status then SAS plus is a complete waste of money, as basically the only 'perk' is the cheese sandwich (lounge, check in, boarding etc.. all covered by Gold Status) The plane was old and filthy, the cabin crew young and fresh. Transferring to economy with Austrian Airlines and the difference was remarkable - a clean fresh cabin, spacious seating and the same free on board service that you pay extra for with SAS. Will avoid SAS at all costs in future - very much a low cost carrier.
RouteStockholm to Copenhagen
Date FlownMarch 2017

"it was an easy 10 hrs flight"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Hong Kong return. My first flight SAS long-haul and very impressed. New airplane. Best thing is the inflight entertainment which is the best I've seen. HD fast responding touch screens and a lot of new movies, around 10 of them were from 2016. Wifi worked well so it was an easy 10 hrs flight. Meal served after about 2 hrs, then a sandwich with coffee in the middle of the flight and a nice salad about one hour before landing. In my opinion SAS new long haul product is among the best.
RouteStockholm to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I had sufficient legroom"

Verified Review | Malaga to London Heathrow via Copenhagen. The check in at Malaga T3 was great, there was no queue and the staff were helpful. Boarding was fast and uneventful. The flight was fairly empty. I was seated in 8C and there was another passenger in 8A. I wanted a window seat so simply asked the FA if I could move forward a row where there was nobody seated and he was happy to let me do so. The flight departed Malaga on time. Tea and coffee service began 10 minutes into the flight. Only tea, coffee and water were complimentary throughout. There was an onboard menu, however I did not purchase anything as I felt the food and snacks were over priced. The flight time was around 3 hours 45 mins and there was no seatback or over-head entertainment screens. The flight landed in Copenhagen on time. One thing I really liked about SAS was that they knew if there were passengers who were connecting, before we arrived at the gate the FA’s announced gates for passengers who were connecting through Copenhagen. They informed us that our onward flight was at the gate and boarding would start in an hour. We proceeded through the terminal towards our gate. When we arrived at the gate there was a new system in place. Our boarding passes were scanned before going into an area of seating which was just for our flight. I was seated in 22B. The flight was full. On this flight there was only one tea and coffee service due to turbulence. We arrived on time and our baggage all made it in one piece. On both flights the cabin was maintained to a high standard, however the colours were slightly dull and both aircraft were quite old and outdated. The crew were very friendly and they spoke perfect English. On both flights I had sufficient legroom. I was happy overall with the service received.
AircraftA319 / A320