top100_2016

SAS Scandinavian

"didn't live up to my expectations"

Flew from London Heathrow to Stockholm Arlanda. Disappointed that SAS didn't live up to my expectations. Although the Cabin Crew were polite and attentive, I felt something was lacking. The aircraft was looking a little dated in side, and the cloth seats, I felt, let the overall image down. As a SAS go passenger, felt that the inflight beverages that were purchased were a little pricey, and glad I wasn't on a longer flight to have to purchase more. Leg room ŵas of a generous pitch, and probably better than most, however, it is not this, per se, that would make me rate the airline higher.
RouteLHR to ARN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cheap, and felt like it"

Verified Review | Nice to San Francisco via Copenhagen. Cabin crew sometimes friendly, sometimes icy. Food going to Europe tasty and sensible. Main meal on return not tasty and a weird choice - oddly spiced chicken with curried rice. Served with 20% real juice drink. Also on return, food served often but items borderline bizarre - deer sandwiches, strange pocket thing. Felt like SAS shopped for the cheapest stuff they could find. Transatlantic, almost all was free, but you had to pay for sodas! Also at one point, peddled large sandwiches at a price. Flight from Nice to Copenhagen, not even water was free - though coffee and tea were! - and absolutely no inflight entertainment. Check-in handled very well as was boarding - having mainly Danish passengers probably helped - no charging mobs. Seats in economy standard are a tight arrangement. Inflight entertainment (transatlantic) easy to use - and worked! Overall, OK for price - cheap, and felt like it. If I felt a trifle rich, next time might avoid SAS.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNCE to SFO via CPH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"FAs friendly and efficient"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Copenhagen with SAS Scandinavian. Sound flight. Departed and arrived on time, FAs friendly and efficient and baggage arrived quickly. Only annoyance was my boarding card didn't recognise my TK Star Alliance Gold status - to be fair I think this is a wider issue which is not unique to SAS - which led to slight delays at fast track and lounge access. The flight was only £65 one way so no complaints.
RouteLHR to CPH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a great Business Class product"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew Stockholm to Chicago. What a great Business Class product from SAS Scandinavian. Very comfortable seat and lot of space to work and store your things during the flight. Service during the flight was very friendly with Scandinavian touch. The food was tasty and I liked the presentation. Wi-Fi worked well but some more films should be great to have on IFE even the screen is big and with great quality.
RouteARN to ORD
Date FlownJuly 2016

"cabin crew were courteous and professional"

Flew SAS with a connection in Copenhagen and can say that I would recommend them to others. Departures were on time as were arrivals, seats were fine, cabin crew were courteous and professional, luggage allowance was good and snacks were provided for brief flights.
RouteAMS to HAM via CPH
Date FlownAugust 2015

"only benefit is an included lunch"

Booked via codeshare with Icelandair Saga (business) class from Reykjavik via Oslo to Barcelona. Icelandair on first leg was wonderful. SAS was truly awful. There was no business class (even though I definitely paid for it). The flight is 100% economy class. Those suckered into paying more get an economy class seat (3x3) at the front of the plane. They put a card in the seat to inform the flight crew where "business" class ends and economy class begins. As near as I can tell, the only benefit you receive is an included lunch - the same mediocre lunch other (smarter) passengers can purchase for about 8 euros. Cold chicken, salad (greens with no dressing), kimchee (seriously) and a tiny chocolate swizzle stick - thrown at you by a surly flight crew. No inflight entertainment system allowed us to listen to the crying and screaming children (of which there were many) for 3 hours. It was akin to a charter flight to Disney. I can only surmise that I somehow got booked on a bargain vacation flight from Norway to Spain. Never ever will I fly SAS again.
RouteOSL to BCN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"there was no business class"

Booked via codeshare with Icelandair Saga (business) class from Reykjavik via Oslo to Barcelona. Icelandair on first leg was wonderful. SAS was truly awful. There was no business class (even though I definitely paid for it). The flight is 100% economy class. Those suckered into paying more get an economy class seat (3x3) in the front of the plane. They put a card in the seat to inform the flight crew where "business" class ends and economy class begins. As near as I can tell, the only benefit you receive is an included lunch - the same mediocre lunch other (smarter) passengers can purchase for about 8 euros. Cold chicken, salad (greens with no dressing), kimchee (seriously) and a tiny chocolate swizzle stick - thrown at you by a surly flight crew. Weight watchers has better food. No inflight entertainment system allowed us to listen to the crying and screaming children (of which there were many) for 3 hours. It was akin to a charter flight to Disney. I can only surmise that I somehow got booked on a bargain vacation flight from Norway to Spain. Never ever will I fly SAS again.
RouteOSL to BCN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst experience in 25 years"

Verified Review | Stockholm to London with SAS. The worst experience in 25 years of travel. Pilots on trike. People leaving the ariport in tears. Staff are no help. I had to be back in London for surgery with a specialist even showed them my medication and note from the NHS. Nothing. Missed my appointment after being on a waiting list for 11 months. Avoid especially if you have young children who might be frightened by the uncertainty and the fact no one cares. They showed me to a terminal to rebook and then when I ask why its not working they then admitted it was broken. They had not prepared or thought of ways to assist passengers in advance and it concerns me that real harm could have been done with no contingencies in place.
RouteARN to LHR
Date FlownJune 2016

"very uncomfortable 50 minutes"

Went to Sweden for business and couldn't get a direct flight to Gothenburg at the right time so took SAS from Birmingham via Copenhagen. Planes were clean and the cabin crew were good. The seat on the A320 was quite uncomfortable, but at least fairly spacious. The only problem I had was the flight from Copenhagen back to Birmingham was delayed 50 minutes (not the airlines fault) and while we sat on the tarmac the plane was incredibly hot and the the air conditioning was either not working or barely noticeable. It was a very uncomfortable 50 minutes especially as the passenger next to me was a pretty big and decided to take up as much room as possible and squeeze me almost through the window (again not the airlines fault). All in all a decent service except for the air conditioning.
AircraftA320, ATR72, CRJ-900
RouteBHX to GOT via CPH
Date FlownJune 2016

"arrogant attitude not acceptable"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | I was flying a SAS Scandinavian domestic flight within Sweden, Umea to Gothenburg via Arlanda (Stockholm) I was seated just after the economy plus ends. In economy plus you get drinks and snacks for free. One of the two stewardesses serving the front rows offered the two passengers next to me (middle and aisle) a sandwich free of charge and drinks. I was ignored, so I asked the second stewardess that I was not offered a sandwich (note I was watching when my fellow passengers were served). She gets me the sandwich without an apology and says, that will be SEK 35! I said to her; why do I have to pay when my two fellow passengers do not have to pay? She looks at me in a very arrogant way without a word and walks to her colleague. Apparently her colleague made a mistake by serving my fellow passengers in economy go class without charging it. Everybody can make a mistake but the arrogant attitude of the young lady working onboard is not acceptable. Unfortunately this is not the first time airhostess of SAS is having a terrible arrogant attitude towards their passengers. I am amazed that their management is not working harder with behavior training of their staff, especially when they financially have been in trouble the last years. When I have the choice I always fly with one of their competitors even if some of them are a low cost carrier, but far better service onboard!
RouteUME to GOT via ARN