Vote Airport

Royal Brunei Airlines

"the food was excellent"

We thought we would try Royal Brunei's Boeing 787 as opposed to our usual monthly trip to the UAE on the larger competitors on this route from London to Dubai. Check in was fast and efficient. Fast track immigration and security at LHR T4 and the use of the Etihad lounge was appreciated. The lounge was very quiet as very few other flights were using it. Boarding was fine - priority for business class. Nice seats together at the front of the aircraft as they operate two classes only. Plenty of room and space to stretch out - just as good as EY and EK offerings. We took off on time. Amazing for Heathrow. Service was good and the food was excellent and plentiful. Its a dry airline so we brought our own bottle of wine but be cautioned - they used to be happy to let you drink your own alcohol on board but this time it was permitted only reluctanly and provided we drank it out of plain paper cups so as not to upset other passengers. We were given comfy pillows and duvets to help a good night's sleep but you have to make your own bed. We landed early in Dubai, excellent stuff. Would we use Royal Brunei Airlines again? Maybe. The crew were not particularly friendly although very efficient snd the price is very competitive. They need to tighten up a little on the friendliness and general spproachibility of staff.
RouteLHR to DXB
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"ticket costs represented value"

We were aware that Royal Brunei Airlines flights were alcohol free and this was a plus for us as we are both teetotallers. We found staff extremely helpful. Business class only had 16 seats which converted to flat beds. The toilet facilities were cleaned through the flight. The food was excellent and could be ordered to suit your timetable with 30 minutes notice. The stopover at Brunei and Dubai were for refueling and cleaning. Showers were available in the Business lounge at Brunei and this was appreciated. We would recommend this airline to other passengers. We thought the ticket costs represented value compared to the top flight airlines, bearing in mind that top airlines may be more fancy in business class.

"very basic airline"

After trailing Royal Brunei Airlines on the Kangaroo route 5 years ago, it seems to have improved on the hard product, but there are still issues with service and inflight entertainment. Brunei airport (BWN) seems to have upgraded its cosmetic appeal, yet it is worse than ever. It's a basic airline with no small touches. The airline delivers its service and that's it. No hot towels and no menus while flying economy. It's a very basic airline. Crew keep to themselves and the constant stopovers become tiresome. The Boeing 787 is a wonderful aircraft, but more entertainment options are a must and hot towels would be nice. Still a basic 3 star airline, no more than that. A long way to go for this south east Asian airline competing in a huge market.
Date FlownDecember 2015

"the best deal on the market"

(New Zealand)

I have found Royal Brunei to be a very comfortable airline to fly with, the food is of a good standard just as any other airline, yes no alcohol, but that is ok. Plenty of refreshments offered throughout the flight. Movies were good. Not much at Brunei departure lounge but hopefully will improve with upgrades going on. Most of all the price offered by Royal Brunei is truly the best deal on the market flying from New Zealand to London for $1630 return.
RouteMEL to LHR via Brunei/Dubai
Date FlownMay 2015

"a straightforward airline"

My wife and I have just booked on Royal Brunei Airlines for the fourth time to visit family in Australia. It is a straightforward airline - no unnecessary frills but all of the needs attended to. No alcohol as Brunei is a devout Muslim country, but that doesn't bother us at all. Very friendly, helpful staff on board and at Brunei airport (there is time for us to nip outside for a smoke). The food is very good and plentiful, drinks come round regularly and on-board entertainment up to spec. The best bit is the price - booking in UK, off peak, is just over £700 return each.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteLondon to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2015

"staff friendly and helpful"

Royal Brunei Airlines on the Dreamliner from Melbourne to Heathrow with stops at Brunei and Dubai on Boeing 787. No real complaints only that the coke and sprite they served was flat. There was enough room for me as I am about 6'2 and about 115kgs. There's not much at Bandar seri Begawan Airport, but it is undergoing upgrades. Would recommend this airline for the price as it was only $3000 or so return for me and my wife. Staff were friendly and helpful.
RouteMEL to LHR
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"enjoyed all aspects of the flight"

We flew Melbourne to London via Bandar seri Begawan and Dubai return, and can recommend Royal Brunei. We flew business and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the flight and services. I believe they offer a value for money service and look forward to the opportunity to fly with them again.
RouteMEL to LHR via BWN & DXB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"Absolutely great"

Melbourne to Heathrow via Brunei and Dubai. Absolutely great. I was a little apprehensive when booking with what I considered to be an unknown entity. Check in staff were excellent, and having to ask they changed my seat position for my comfort, seeing I'm 6'4'. It the most comfortable seating I have experienced, and service from cabin crew was excellent, they never seem to stop delivering food or drinks and were incredibly helpful and polite. I consider that both inflight entertainment and food were of a good standard, equal to that of more expensive carriers. Overall I found the level of service excellent and terrific value for money. I would have no hesitation in flying Royal Brunei in the future.
RouteMEL to LHR via BWN & DXB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"Boeing 787 seat comfortable"

Good check in at Bangkok. I was late and they were patient while I organised my bags so that the main luggage could be checked through to Melbourne and I could have just a day pack for an extended transit in Brunei. The first flight was smooth and a good meal was served. It landed on time in Brunei. For the second flight I had to collect my boarding pass from check in - Royal Brunei had a dedicated check in and it was very quick. I then waited for the flight to Melbourne in their lounge (not one of their strongpoints). Melbourne flight arrived on time. Dinner was good although a little slow being served. Given the poor quality of their lounge eating dinner in the lounge is not really an option. Luggage quickly off the flight. The entertainment head sets were collected early on both sectors and the choice of entertainment a little limited. Seats on both flights were comfortable and the Boeing 787 flat bed seat is comfortable and I had a few hours of good sleep. They wake you relatively early on the descent. Food on both sectors was good with reasonable sized portions which were quite tasty. Drinks are non alcoholic which is a bit limiting but given the cost of the ticket well worth not drinking alcohol on the flight. There was no drink or food service once the plane started the descent.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787
RouteBangkok to Melbourne via BWN
Date FlownOctober 2015

"great value for money"

My second time flying with Royal Brunei from Melbourne to London with stops in BWN and DXB. Still great value for money. The cabin crew pleasant except for the young male flight attendant on the Brunei to Melbourne leg who was so busy flirting with two young girls sitting next to me, he twice failed to ask me if I would like a drink! My vegetarian meals were the same type as last year and it was boring. Vegetarian meals don't have to be that boring some vegie lasagne, curry, sausages anything but the same old things over and over would be nice. Get a different catering company.