Royal Brunei Airlines

"staff were so polite and pro-active"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | London to Bandar seri Begawan via Dubai. I was so pleased but the service and hospitality being given to us. The cabin staff were so polite and pro-active to provide service and help. Foods and drinks were supplied adequately. I strongly recommend travellers to take an experience of flying from it.
RouteLondon to Bandar seri Begawan via Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"lack of consistency disappointing"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne via Bandar Seri Bagawan. You’d swear this was a different airline. It started ok though. Check in was quick and we had an express pass through security and immigration which was a blessing. We had a pass given to us for the Air France lounge, Oh my trying to find this was a huge challenge, they really need better signage in this massively large busy airport. Fortunately the lounge wasn’t far from the gate, The flight to Bandar Seri Bagawan was unremarkable, nice food and comfortable, On arrival in BSB we walked to transfers to be met and told our plane was in the UK with a cracked windscreen and that our Melbourne flight was postponed. The staff were very good and had pre filled immigration forms for us, walked us through there and put us in a taxi to a hotel for the night with a voucher for a meal there. The same taxi driver met us in the morning and took us back to the airport. Went to the lounge for breakfast and eventually a plane arrived, we heard it came from Jeddah. The flight home however was disappointing, there were only nine of us in business yet staff were hard to find, they seemed to run to the back a lot, We were told brusquely - get your trays ready, meals will come soon. We got the first and second course then nothing. Pillows were distributed, no duvet. Entertainment was extremely limited, It felt like a different airline to our outgoing experience. I did ring the call bell for a tea later on. Nothing was ever offered during the flight. The lack of consistency was disappointing overall. We arrived finally, our bags were not long to arrive.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne via Bandar Seri Bagawan
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Delightful experience overall"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh cCty via BandarSeri Bagawan. Delightful experience overall. Checking in was quick and easy with express passes for departure, lounge access at Cathay Pacific lounge in Melbourne and pass for the lounge in Brunei. We were permitted 40kg which apparently can be spread over multiple bags. Boarding was confusing as they call up families and business at once so you are in a line boarding as many families were travelling it seemed. Our seat on the plane was very spacious but we couldn’t have any bags stowed near us, all had to be put in the locker. We were offered juices/water prior to take off. Menus were distributed and the staff during this first leg were fabulous. Very friendly, they referred to us by name. The entertainment selection was very good. The food was superb, the steak ordered was very tender and the quantity of food ensured we were well and truly satisfied yet there were snacks available also. We had to go through security again to board our next flight. The flight from Bandar Seri Bagawan was on a smaller plane and it was late arriving thus late leaving. The staff were not as friendly on this section but we still got fed a sizeable main meal. All in all it was a positive experience and one I would love to do again.
RouteMelbourne to Ho Chi Minh cCty via BandarSeri Bagawan
Date FlownDecember 2017

"all for a reasonable price"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to London via Dubai. Royal Brunei were brilliant. For economy I didn’t expect a lot but seats were comfy, in flight entertainment was great, food was good, staff fantastic, and all for a reasonable price. Allowed 30kg for luggage which was more than enough I only had 14kg on me which meant I had plenty of room. I will be flying with Royal Brueni again I couldn’t find another airline with a better price or deal for the long haul.
RouteMelbourne to London via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"handling a delayed flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Bandar seri Begawan. My first trip with this airline i really enjoyed in cabin, even though the flight was delayed 4 hours. Best ground staff and very good for handling a delayed flight. they treated passengers in good service. Cabin crew nice and polite and meals on board fantastic
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Bandar seri Begawan
Date FlownNovember 2017

"value for money "

Verified Review | Melbourne to Bangkok return. This Royal Brunei Airlines flight is through Brunei and Melbourne to Brunei is on the Boeing 787 and then an Airbus from Brunei to Bangkok. All flights left on time or were early on arrival. My luggage was amongst the first off and I was given a Priority Pass for leaving Melbourne and for arrival and departure from Bangkok. Between Melbourne and Brunei and for the return sector the Business Cabin was full. Very good food for all meals with reasonable sized portions. I would have preferred earlier serving of the meal on the Brunei - Melbourne sector so that I could have had more sleep. The cabin attendants were helpful and efficient. The seats were comfortable and the B787 was a flat bed. On the shorter sector it was a reclining seat with a reasonable recline and good space for my legs. IFE was a bit limited and there should have been more choice in the array of films that were offered. I regularly fly from Melbourne to Bangkok and nearly always fly with Royal Brunei - they do not serve alcohol (Brunei is an Islamic country) but the level of service and the value for money is very good.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A320
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok via Brunei
Date FlownJuly 2017

"thoroughly enjoyed my flight"

Verified Review | I thoroughly enjoyed my flight from Melbourne to Dubai with Royal Brunei Airlines. The service was impeccable, food was delicious and the cabin was surprisingly very comfortable for economy class. I was also impressed by the dimming tinted windows. I was under the impression that we were flying through the night as they were dimmed. Once I automatically untinted the window, I realised that we were actually flying through daylight. Overall, it was an enjoyable flight.
RouteMelbourne to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"respectful and courteous"

Verified Review | I found the seats to be very hard and uncomfortable for a long haul flight from Melbourne to Heathrow via Brunei with Royal Brunei Airlines. We ended up sitting on our slightly inflated neck pillows - that helped a little. Leg room in front was OK but the seats were very narrow. If a passenger in front reclined it made it difficult to eat from the tray and to view the screen. The meals were pretty good on the first leg but then went downhill from there. They were a little better on the way home from London. Food was plentiful and delivered with a smile. Due to there being no alcohol served the toilets remained clean and there was never a queue for them so the noise level within the aircraft was always at a minimum - even the babies were great. The customer service was outstanding - very respectful and courteous. They are happy to help in anyway they can. Brunei airport is very basic and very hot. I don't think they like to use air conditioning and the lights were kept low.
RouteMelbourne to Heathrow via Brunei
Date FlownMay 2017

"satisfied with the service"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Bandar seri Begawan to Manila. I'm very satisfied with the service. My hand luggage was 13kg, and usually they accept 7kg at maximum. Anyway they allowed me to bring it, otherwise I would have to pay for another luggage. The food was usable, but sadly no entertainment. Royal Brunei open the boarding 1h before take off, which makes it possible to have a earlier take off (happend to me both times I was flying RB).
RouteBrunei to Manila
Date FlownJune 2017

"had a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Dubai to London. I had a pleasant experience with Royal Brunei Airlines, comfortable seats, good food, a good selection of movies in the IFE. All round good customer service. For the price I paid it took me to my destination, nothing fancy like some of the other airlines flying to and from Dubai.
RouteDubai to London