easyJet

"appalling post delay service"

Trip Verified | Porto to Gatwick. Absolutely appalling post delay service, and no way to contact them. Email complaints and escalations generates automated emails promising response within 21 or 28 days. My flight was delayed on 8 May for over 6 hours, compensation claim lodged on 10 May, today is 20 September, and I still have not received anything from Easyjet besides auto replies of promises to reply. This is unacceptable.
RoutePorto to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2018

"The worst airline by far"

Trip Verified | Flew Amsterdam to Edinburgh with easyJet. The worst airline by far, rude check-in process and boarding. They forced me to check in my carry on luggage. Told me I was to be removed from the flight if I didnt check-in my carry on.
RouteAmsterdam to Edinburgh
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"back to the alternatives"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Malaga. Switched to easyJet for last four flights. 25% arrival on time including a record two hours 45 minutes. Left with additional car hire fees as a result. Never thought I would say this but back to the alternatives even Ryanair. At least you get a fanfare when they arrive on time. So far 100% for us.
RouteBristol to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"put hand luggage in the hold"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Geneva. The most unpleasant crew members when boarding the plane. Forced us to put our hand luggage in the hold, even when explaining to them we had a tight time to catch the connexion. The worse was there was plenty of place in the cabin and the flight was delayed.
RouteBarcelona to Geneva
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"can do better with minimal effort"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Luton. This was my first time using EasyJet. I was surprised how many people try to carry on huge bags. This meant that staff were taking bags from people to put them in the hold whilst they were queuing to get on the plane. Unfortunately this meant a two tier system as some were lucky and got away with huge bags whilst others were not. The staff were firm but also rude and insisted one lady exited the queue to go and pay for her luggage to be placed in the hold. EasyJet should make it clear that all bags larger than the size listed in their website will be placed in the hold and charged for and this should be enforced at check in, not afterwards. Our flight was delayed by around 2.5 hours. Anxious not to pay each traveller the £3 we were entitled to we were boarded into a priority access area. Queued to go through an electronic passport check only to have queue to have them checked again before boarding. Once on board we err asked to sit quickly to avoid losing the take off slot. Then a staff member demanded boarding passes from some passengers. She was rude and abrupt with them and offered no explanation for her demand despite the passenger being very pleasant with her. The delay meant we were travelling at dinner time and the food options are very basic. Due to the quick changeover the choices were further reduced as they quickly ran out of some selections. Food is poor. I was in row 8. I got the last ham and cheese sandwich. It was really dry. Pretty gross really even for airline food. My husband opted for a bacon baguette. Strangely the bacon was just about cooked but the baguette was dry. He had to ask for the ketchup it was supposed to come with and was given one sachet despite the advert offering two sachets. The staff on board were pleasant. The captain needs to check his maths as he was updating with time left on the flight with corresponding times that simply did not add up! EasyJet is a budget airline but can do better with minimal effort.
RouteLisbon to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Not a very pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Palma to Luton. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Inbound and outbound flights were delayed. They asked us to go to the gate on time. The official app said one gate no but the flight wasn't there. An hour later they changed the gate no. Went there and a different flight was announced. After that no information whatsoever. Not a very pleasant experience.
RoutePalma to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"experience I will never repeat"

Trip Verified | At Gatwick on way to Marseilles we had to wait for about 40 mins in a spiral staircase as plane door would not open. Then on way back I had to pay 60 Euro to be allowed on board with exactly the same luggage I boarded on way over. Seats don't recline. An awful experience I will never repeat.
RouteMarseille to Gatwick

"most unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Luton. I just had the most unpleasant experience at the boarding gate M06 at Barcelona terminal 2C when ground staff asked only me out of tens of people carrying massive shopping bags, hand bags and hand luggage to put my tiny handbag into my hand luggage (note the tiny handbag I was carrying!) and even asked me to come out of the queue! Luckily a colleague of hers arrived and he scanned my boarding pass! What a nightmare!
AircraftA319/320
RouteBarcelona to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"would not recommend it to anyone"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | My 6.40pm flight was delayed by 3.5 hrs! EasyJet’s excuse: bad weather conditions in Milan. Mind you I currently live in Milan and I did know there had been a thunderstorm (8am) but it had cleared up by 9.30-10 yet my evening flight was delayed due to bad weather? The airport was a chaos because all their flights were facing massive delays that day, but what’s weird, only their flights! None of the other airline’s had more than 30 min delay. We only got a voucher of 4.50eur (bottle of water). And obviously no refund even though I paid 410 eur for my return ticket! I would not recommend it to anyone.
RouteMilan to London Gatwick

"Terrible customer assistance"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Ibiza to Milan. Terrible company: flight delayed even on the “arranged” arrival time, no assistance given after landing: left at the airport at 2 A.M. (instead of 00:20) and no more transfers available. Had to pay a taxi, no care given, no refund or anything. Terrible customer assistance, I will avoid
RouteIbiza to Milan