easyJet

"going from bad to worse"

Trip Verified | Montpellier to Gatwick. Easyjet going from bad to worse. In the last month the airline has cancelled over 1000 flights in Europe due to air traffic control strikes in France. Surprisingly, other airlines were operating a normal schedule at the same time. My return flight got cancelled two days before the scheduled date, so no compensation, the next available flight was two days later. And even the rescheduled flight, departed late, after leaving all passengers queuing on the tarmac under a burning sun for 20 minutes. Luckily, I learn from my mistakes, and will not fly easyjet again.
RouteMontpellier to Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2018

"operated by WDL Aviation"

Trip Verified | Berlin Tegel to Vienna. This route was operated by WDL Aviation on behalf of easyJet, and it was a rare chance for me to check out an aircraft that is neither Boeing nor Airbus. It was a BAe 146 - Interior was relatively cramped in a 3-3 configuration, and it looked rather old overall. There was also a dead bug trapped behind the window of my seat (refer to pic below). Caught sight of the first officer for this flight, who was a young lady. Still quite an uncommon occurrence these days, even with all the gender equality. No entertainment or refreshments were available for this short hop across the border. Decent for a short point to point flight, no more no less.
AircraftBAe 146
RouteBerlin Tegel to Vienna

"zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Paris. My flight was on Thursday July 5 at 9:15. I wake up at 6 am and i was in airport at 7 am. When I went to check in I found the flight was cancelled already. Easyjet does not have desk in Berlin airport. Nobody helps us to find other flight to Paris, we were exhausted in airport for 4 hours, finally we bought train ticket from Berlin to Paris at 1:30 pm. We arrived to Paris 10:30 pm. we get to hotel 11:30. Horrible day from 6 am to midnight. I payed 160 Euro more than air plain thicket for train ticket and I lost one day of my trip to Paris. Still I did not received my money and expense of taxi and food in train station. Very unprofessional airline, zero customer service. Even we asked to call them to asked some information for refund of my money and expenses but they said Easyjet does not have phone line in airport, ridiculous.
RouteBerlin to Paris

"will never fly again"

Trip Verified | Me and my wife flew to Ibiza from Stansted on 5 Jul 18 for a short break 4 days. Checked in with no hassles at all, quite a easy system using the app and only carrying hand luggage. We queued to board and the check in staff where stopping I would say 1 in every 4 or five people and charging them for extra baggage if they had it even including a hand bag or a man bag. We were one of the people that got charged £47 for extra baggage, I was frustrated as three people in front of me had the same bags as me. The lady at the desk was rude and would not discuss the issue "we just had to pay". We finally got onto the plane after being charged £47. We had a good holiday and left our hotel roughly 1930 on the 8 Jul to return to UK via Ibiza airport. Again went straight through security with absolute no dramas in Spain the staff were much more polite and not looking to make a quick pound! Whilst browsing the duty free I received a notification on my phone that the flight was delayed by 1 hour, 30 mins later another flight delayed by 4 hours! then roughly 2100 flight cancelled. We left gate are and went to find the easyJet information counter, when we got there we were offered a flight three days later! Which was no good due to being back at work the next day. We explained this and were told you have to buy your own return flight if you want to go earlier. That's fine if you have a spare £500 which what it ended up costing all in. There was five easJet staff at the counter 1 lady was working and the other four were doing nothing even though there was around 200 people in the same boat. 1 working 4 doing nothing so frustrating. We managed to get on another flight via Majorca to London Luton which was 53 miles from where my car was parked. I will never fly again, stay well clear.
RouteIbiza to Stansted

"exceedingly unreliable"

Not Verified | Copenhagen to Edinburgh. EasyJet is easily the worst airline I have ever flown on. I suppose they are cheap and you get exactly what you pay for. I have flown on 5 flights with them, 4 of which have been delayed with little to no warning or explanation. It’s exceedingly unreliable. If you book on this airline be prepared to arrive at least 2 hours after your scheduled arrival. I will never fly with them again.
RouteCopenhagen to Edinburgh

"pleasant on-board staff"

Not Verified | By opting for a trip only with a cabin baggage, this trip was ideal. No waiting time, online check-in, plane in perfect condition, pleasant on-board staff, unbeatable price. In short, I recommend and encourage this company that I use for 20 years without any worries. En ayant opter pour un voyage uniquement avec un bagage cabine, ce voyage fut idéal. Pas de délais d'attente, enregistrement en ligne, avion en parfait état, personnel de bord agréable, prix défiant toutes concurrence. Bref, je recommande et encourage cette compagnie que j'utilise depuis 20 ans sans aucun soucis.
RouteParis to Catania
Date FlownApril 2018

"delayed after checking in"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Gatwick delayed by 40 minutes. Worst airline ever. Been delayed after checking in both ways. Still waiting to take off on a plane that smells. Rather pay a few more ££ for a decent airline that you can rely on.
RouteSantorini to Gatwick

"flights all delayed"

Trip Verified | Naples to Luton. Me and my family had four flights with easyJet in July 2018 - all of them delayed. One of them delayed more than 3 hours which caused us missing our connecting flight. We had to then buy new tickets, £90 each. The person at the desk treated us disrespectfully when we explained our situation and talked to us as if everything that he was saying was self explanatory and he was wasting his time telling us what he was. When purchasing the tickets, he told us there were 3 seats on the plane that we could take, we only had to get our seat numbers at check-in - we weren't given them there. When boarding we were told we were stand byers and that they didn't know if there were seats for us. We were then asked to step back; when asked if we could wait beside the desk, they said no and told us to stay aside. We were the last to get on the plane, after a few calls from the staff who weren't certain if there were seats for us till the last moment. At that point the flight already had more than an hour delay. We landed at 10 pm. If none if this had happened, we would have landed just after 3 pm.
RouteNaples to Luton

"headache and frustration"

Trip Verified | I had a booked a flight from Amsterdam back to London, and day of departure, happened to check my email to see that flight was cancelled. Never received a text alert or anything else, just lucky to check my email in the AM otherwise would have shown up to airport with no flight. And no reason given for the cancellation. Then the fun begin. No other flights offered, no help to get back to London. Had to spend a couple hours trying to figure out a way back and ended up taking a 6 hour train ride instead of a 1 hour flight. Wasn't able to make it to my hotel in Oxford, and due to the late cancellation, lost the money I spent on the hotel. Best part was that Easyjet only refunded me €95 out of the €250 I spend on the ticket. Can't figure that one out and am trying to get an answer from them. So I'm now out cost of hotel, cost of plane ticket, cost of train trip, and a whole day lost on my vacation. Googled to see why cancellation and found a few articles about Easyjet that shows they cancel a lot. So, yes they are a cheaper alternative if they actually fly, but most likely you will end up stuck and out of pocket with a great deal of headache and frustration.
RouteAmsterdam to Luton
Date FlownJuly 2018

"lack of reliability and poor boarding organisation"

Trip Verified | Took a multi-leg trip LTN-ZRH, BSL-AMS and AMS-LTN. On each occasion the flights were late with the delays being 70 minutes, 45 minutes and 2 hours respectively. On board staff were as helpful and apologetic as they could have been, but the impression remains of an airline that has severe organisational and punctuality issues. Information provided via their app and at the airport is inconsistent and unreliable and boarding is not well organised or pleasant with passengers being corralled into enclosures like cattle before boarding and then made to wait for an indefinite amount of time. When fees for seat reservations and hold bags are taken into account the price advantage over legacy airlines is marginal at best. Plus their lack of reliability and poor boarding organisation makes EasyJet a poor choice. If they can improve their on-time performance they might be worth considering otherwise I will give 'TardyJet' a miss in future.
RouteAmsterdam to London Luton