easyJet

"wish every flight could be like this"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Booked easyJet as it gave the best flight time. Check in was slightly slow to drop bags, but after that it did what it says on the tin. Flight on time, easy boarding, seats fine (did feel like a little more leg room than BA but can't be certain). Friendly energetic cabin crew. We were in row 2, so able to buy food and drink very quickly which was of a good standard. I think further down the plane they would have been waiting quite some time. Quick to offboard and luggage turned up in 15 minutes. No complaints, wish every flight could be like this - excellent value.
RouteMarrakech to Gatwick

"get what you pay for"

Review by (Iceland)

They pretty much define the Low Cost Carrier model where you get what you pay for. If you just need a seat from A to B and are willing to play by their rules it is excellent. The cabin was very clean and the crew professional. The selection of snacks and beverages was decent but pricey. There was some confusion at EDI before the return flight as first there was a 15 minute delay announced but then they seemed to change their minds. Only a few minutes after the gate number first appeared on the screen they started announcing that they were about to close the gate. After sprinting across the terminal I found a decent queue at the gate so I figured this was some sort of a scare tactic to rush passengers to the gate, it felt a bit dishonest.
RouteKeflavik to Edinburgh

Review by (United Kingdom)

Luton to Pisa return. Good cabin staff. Slight delay on return flight but kept informned. Luton arrival was an absolute disaster - baggage took over one hour to be processed. No passenger information given. No easyJet staff to speak to. No indication of the cause or likely length of delay. No apologies. Three calls to easyJet customer service were abandoned after listening to piped music for a total of 75 minutes. My taxi waited for 1 hour 20 minutes in arrivals and cost an additional 50GBP. This was a late booking and the first made with a no frills airline in some time. We had a great holiday but I will not be travelling easyJet through Luton ever again.
RouteLuton to Pisa

Review by (United Kingdom)

Being a very nervous passenger I can say easyJet were brilliant. The staff were fantastic with me, I was crying and panicking. The cabin crew came and spoke to me and reassured me and even offered for one of the crew to come and talk to me. Both flights were good, even though there was turbulence I felt ok. Thank you easy jet! No delays and easy check in too.
RouteGatwick to Barcelona

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew with hand luggage only so I went straight through security into the South Terminal at Gatwick. Great terminal with enough shops and great views at some locations, especially Cafe Rouge. Boarding the plane was a bit hectic as everyone is supposed to just charge at once. Felt a bit like I was in a herd of cattle. Once on the plane I headed to my reserved seat. The flights to and from Toulouse were quick without distruption. I knew EasyJet is a budget airline so I expected the worst however to my surprise the Airbus A319 I travelled on was very modern and the seats were very comfortable with a generous amount of legroom. During the flight I noticed that the crew were there for your safety and nothing else. All of the crew were French so asking for anything might have been a challenge. Every announcement was in French and then (with difficulty) translated into English. I was a bit surprised considering it's an english airline but maybe these flights are run by another division of the airline to suit the majority of the passengers on board. Overall I was impressed by their 'no frills' service and would recommend flying with Easyjet on their short european routes.
RouteLGW to TLS
Date FlownFebruary 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Will the 21.35 pm flight from London Stansted to Glasgow ever leave on time? Its never a short delay and the customer is never given any prior warning of delays although Stansted airport updates on your phone tell you of incoming flight delays - so common sense would tell you that if flight EZY 218 from Glasgow to Stansted is estimated to arrive at 22.30pm then flight EZY 219 cannot possibly leave at 21.35pm or am I missing something?
RouteStansted to Glasgow

Review by (United Kingdom)

Easyjet are good in the air but awful elsewhere. They cancelled the flight to Aberdeen on Monday. About 10 minutes after they had directed all the passengers to the gate, (3 hours late) the flight was cancelled and 200 passengers were told to go and see the customer services agent in the departure area. Of course there was no one there. Eventually a single rep turned up and had to deal with us all. After 30 minutes those with no baggage we were led away, those of us with hold bags waited another 30 minutes before we could reclaim our bags and join the queue for a taxi to the Copthorne Hotel. The promised a shuttle bus but it never materialised. The boarding passes issued for the replacement flight the following day sent all passengers to the wrong terminal. It takes longer to get from the Gatwick runway to the terminal exits than it does to fly from Aberdeen to Gatwick. There is always a palava getting off, no steps, no chocks. Too windy. Then a bus to the wrong terminal: the final insult. As I sit here waiting for the flight home easyJet are once again apologising for the late departure of the flight to Gatwick. Not their fault: it never is.
RouteGatwick to Aberdeen

Review by (United Kingdom)

LTN-INV-LTN. The easyJet A319 fleet is really showing its age, particularly where seats are concerned. On the outward leg, every time the chap next to me moved in his seat, mine moved with it, and vice versa. On return leg, the cloth behind the in flight tray was severley worn. Departed 1 hour late from LTN, due to late arrival of inbound aircraft. Bad weather was delaying all departures and arrivals. Quick turn around on the ground at Luton however, good hard working crew, and the run u to Inverness only took 1 hour, despite it being timed at 1hr 25m. Inbound early to arrive at INV, so early departure and early arrival at LTN, again flight time less than the 1hr 20m scheduled. Good crew again. Fourth easyJet flight in a period of 3 weeks, and can't really knock them. Only chose easyJet as BA does not fly this route anymore. LTN to INV flights were cheaper than LGW to INV.
RouteLuton to Inverness

Review by (United Kingdom)

Seats were hard, felt stiff after a 4 hour flight. Not comfortable at all, and they had the cabin heat turned right up. At Larnaca airport queued for over an hour, standing even after check in and security. The airport and easyJet were a let down. easyJet is only good for a 1-2 hour flight.
RouteLarnaca to London
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Opted for easyJet as the price was half my preferred airport and airline option. Even with the travel time and train or car park extras it was worth the saving. Hand bags only, so nothing to check in, but it wouldn't have been a problem as there were so few people at the check in desks. Southend Airport only has around 20 flights a day so it wasn't crowded except when we queued for our flight. Boarding was slow as they made most people check that their bag fitted in the measuring device. Onboard you could see why as there wasn't much space for bags if you were late. We were two thirds of the way in the queue and just managed to get our bags in, but some rows from the seats. I wish we'd been with our bags further up as we had parents with a toddler behind us that kept kicking the seat, putting it's hands through the gap etc. I know this wasn't easyJet's fault, but glad it was only a short flight. Despite the short length, the seats are still hard and lack neck support. So glad to get off at the end. At Amsterdam it was a new experience using the "G" gates. These are low cost I assume as we had to up and down stairs in the terminal as well as from the plane Coming back we got to the gate earlyish so we were in the queue to get onboard quickly and got our bags above our seats. Prompt loading and good to see the crew helping load bags to get the flight away on time. Looong taxi to the runway. Took 10 mins to pass the "regular" D gates BA/KLM use for UK flights. However departure was ontime and with flying time of 35 mins back to Southend, can't complain. Off the plane and through immigration in about 10 mins. Easyjet offer a bus service in the air, a no frills trip. It's fine as it got us from A to B and back again but could improve the comfort of it's seats. The seats are the only thing you will have interaction with if you don't check in a bag or buy some of the overpriced on board food, so it would do them a world of good to improve the comfort of them.
AircraftA319/320