Vote Now

easyJet

"courteous, friendly and helpful"

Unverified | Mallorca (Palma) to London Gatwick. I had booked an over-wing exit seat for the extra legroom and the offer of 'Speedy Boarding'. It was good to see that the ground staff at Palma boarded the aircraft efficiently with 'Speedy Boarding' passengers first down the jetway. We were informed that the flight was full, and l must praise the cabin crew for the courteous, friendly and helpful way in which they managed the boarding process and accommodated everybody's luggage into the overhead bins. The aircraft was clean and tidy. We were told by the Captain that there would be a 30 minute delay leaving Palma due to aircraft congestion in the London area (the communication from the flight deck crew was accurate and informative). A reasonably priced Buy On Board food and beverages service was offered twice during this 2 hour flight. The only disappointing aspect to the journey was when we arrived at a remote stand at London Gatwick. Although the bus was ready and waiting to transfer the passengers to the North Terminal, it took nearly 25 minutes for ground service personnel to arrive and position the stairs against the side of the aircraft. Again we were kept well informed by the Captain and this inconvenience could not be attributed to the airline but their assigned ground handling agent.
RoutePalma to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cabin service was excellent"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Lanzarote return. We had the pleasure to Fly with easyJet to Lanzarote and we cannot fault the level of service. From the time of booking the flight we felt the airline cared about the passengers. We had timely reminders by email about the Terminal move at Gatwick, the opening of online check in, and to make a change there was no hard sell within the emails, unlike some airlines On arrival at the airport there were plenty of staff to explain how to use the self bag drop terminals and to guide you though the process. The outbound flight was a bit bumpy and we had to make two attempts at landing due to a cross wind. But we were warned by the Captain that the plane in front of us had reported 'A bumpy ride over the Bay of Biscay'. The return flight we arrived at Gatwick 25 minutes early due to a tail wind the return flight was perfect. Cabin Crew on both legs operated a slick service and worked well as a team. The cabin service was excellent on both legs and the food was hot and fresh. Its price was the same has the outlets in the airport. The information from the cockpit and cabin was clear, concise and friendly. It was nice to see the Captain on leaving the aircraft on both legs. I would not hesitate to fly easyJet again.
AircraftA320-214
RouteGatwick to Lanzarote

"crew are very helpful"

Verified Review | The more I fly with easyJet the more impressed I become, flew from London Gatwick to Lanzarote. Ground staff were terrible a few years ago but now they have become very professional, they don't rush you as much as they used to. They are there to help. I flew to the Canary Islands on a 4 hour flight and it was very comfortable. I was on a recently refurbished aircraft and the slim seats prove to be more comfortable than they look. The crew are very helpful, of course they try to sell a lot but they do it in a friendly way. Food and Drink is affordable, especially if you get a meal deal, but some of the products are extremely over priced. The magazine is basically sell sell sell! I wouldn't recommend giving it a read as not much entertainment on it.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Lanzarote
Date FlownDecember 2016

"don't care about convenience and comfort"

Verified Review | Flew easyJet from Luton to Lisbon. The cleanliness and comfort of the plane was acceptable as was the service from the flight crew and communication from the pilots. What lets the airline down is generally the pre-flight experience: - insufficient bag drops open, prolonged queues for boarding gates, lack of seating in boarding gate areas – all gives the feeling that Easyjet don't care about the convenience and comfort of their customers. Oh and if you are going to encourage passengers to bring only cabin luggage then redesign your planes to cope with this, because you can't get your holiday off to a better start than by having to stand on the runway/steps in the cold, wind or rain whilst the people at the front of the queue are rearranging their baggage in the overhead lockers and blocking the aisles.
RouteLuton to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2017

"used to be a pleasant alternative"

Verified Review | Alas easyJet is not the airline it used to be. On December 23rd I flew back from Gatwick to Edinburgh, the plane due to take us was held up in Belfast by a storm. When it finally came (I was supposed to catch the 7pm plane) it was given to the passengers waiting from the delayed 5pm plane. To cut the story short the plane we finally got put on (and then sat waiting) finally reached Edinburgh after 1 am on morning of 24th Dec. This is because easyJet now juggle with planes and have too few to cover the short falls. Last night my Edinburgh plane was again delayed to Gatwick, should have been 6.55 pm and it finally got in at 9pm. One other winge is that they frequently fly you in the plane that differs from the diagram of one used to allocate tickets, twice now I have booked £10 extra for sitting in row with extra leg room over wings (Exit) and ended up in one with virtually no leg room as its a different plane. No one explains this and yet they take money paid for space. I shall not be using the flights from Edinburgh any more, they used to be a pleasant alternative to the train - used to.
RouteEdinburgh to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2017

"a really good experience"

Unverified | I have flown Easyjet to Lanzarote twice, changing from BA on 3 issues 1) Price 2) Timings and 3) BA no longer offer complimentary drinks or food. Both flights with Easyjet have been great. Bright, modern aircraft, enthusiastic but not pushy cabin staff. Drinks a bit expensive but I'm in holiday mode so I don't mind. The early departure means an extended first day and the return is again, at a reasonable hour. Plenty of chat from the flight deck and overall a really good experience. I always pay a bit extra for exit row seats as I'm a bit lanky and with this comes Speedy Boarding so there's always room for my luggage in the aircraft. However, I will add that it seems to be a free for all in Arrecife with no discernible advantage to have SB. As I now have a holiday home in Lanzarote, I will be visiting quite often following my retirement so Easyjet will continue to be my airline of choice.
RouteGatwick to Lanzarote

"Appalling experience"

Verified Review | Flew easyJet from Gatwick to Fuerteventura. Automated check in chaotic. Flight time delayed initially by over 3 hours, subsequently 2 more changes causing confusion and inconvenience. Poor communication throughout. Held in gate area for ages then herded onto tarmac and stood in freezing conditions for 15 mins. Crew arrived late despite lengthy delay. Flight short on already limited menu options and only served first refreshment after 2 hours of 4 hour flight. Appalling experience.
RouteGatwick to Fuertuventura
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"made me pay 60 euros for luggage"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Venice to Naples. I always travel with a hand luggage if my trips aren't longer than a week. Yesterday at the airport in Venezia (Marco Polo) they wouldn't let me pass with my hand luggage although it fits the official proportions of the company/airport, then they made me pay 60 euros for the luggage, an absurd price, I paid more for the luggage than for the flight. I always travel with the same luggage, but thanks to the person in charge from easyjet I had this problem - other passengers pointed out to me that they passed with luggage bigger than mine. So my advice is don't ever pay those 60 euros if you get in the same situation as I did, report it to the airport, do what you need to do, but don't pay that money. 10 people who came after me had to put the luggage on hold, that is to send it for free because the plane was full, so for them they could do that but I had to pay 60 euros.
RouteVenice to Naples
Date FlownMarch 2017

"so helpful and cheerful"

Verified Review | Newcastle to Belfast. We would like to commend a young man who was working on the Easyjet desk at Newcastle on 02.02.17. He was like a breath of fresh air, so helpful and cheerful and gave us a warm welcome at the desk. He arranged for our bags to go in the hold and this helped us enormously. I wish all easyjet desk staff were like him. It made such a difference to us and made the trip enjoyable. We were going to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary with our family in Northern Ireland and it set it off on a good footing. However on our return on Sunday 05.02.17 the flight was delayed and we were sent to the waiting gate where we had to wait for some considerable time without any seats to sit on. Considering it was a full flight there were only about 20 seats in that area. Because the flight was delayed we missed the last train out of Newcastle and we had to get a taxi home which cost us £15. This was a disappointing end to our trip.
RouteNewcastle to Belfast
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"told us flight has gone"

Verified Review | Luton to Geneva. On 23rd February myself and my partner have checked in our luggage then went to the gate 11 as indicated in the screen TV in order to board the plane. While in the queue, the easyJet staff told us they are delaying the flight because of weather conditions (there was a strong wind) and we should go to the waiting area for further update. They told us to monitor the updates on the TV screen. We went to the waiting area but the status of the flight has never changed from "gate closed". After an hour we got hold on one of the rare easyJet staff, we asked for information about the flight and she told us that the flight has gone. We did not understand how this has happened. We have asked them to put us on the next flight but there was no one to help us. They were sending us to each other with no help at all. They were sending us to a place in the airport which they call desk 6. They told us to use the phone in this desk to contact easyJet staff and tell them our problem. We tried This phone for 30 min but no one was answering. When we could get out from the airport security zone, we went to easyJet desk in order to put us on the next flight they asked us to pay £80 each. How can they make us pay for their mistake? The manager of the desk at the check in area was rude to us. The attitude of the staff on the ground is inacceptable. If I have to advise, better pay £50 more and travel with a decent company..
RouteLuton to Geneva