easyJet

Review by (United Kingdom)

Will the 21.35 pm flight from London Stansted to Glasgow ever leave on time? Its never a short delay and the customer is never given any prior warning of delays although Stansted airport updates on your phone tell you of incoming flight delays - so common sense would tell you that if flight EZY 218 from Glasgow to Stansted is estimated to arrive at 22.30pm then flight EZY 219 cannot possibly leave at 21.35pm or am I missing something?
RouteStansted to Glasgow

Review by (United Kingdom)

Easyjet are good in the air but awful elsewhere. They cancelled the flight to Aberdeen on Monday. About 10 minutes after they had directed all the passengers to the gate, (3 hours late) the flight was cancelled and 200 passengers were told to go and see the customer services agent in the departure area. Of course there was no one there. Eventually a single rep turned up and had to deal with us all. After 30 minutes those with no baggage we were led away, those of us with hold bags waited another 30 minutes before we could reclaim our bags and join the queue for a taxi to the Copthorne Hotel. The promised a shuttle bus but it never materialised. The boarding passes issued for the replacement flight the following day sent all passengers to the wrong terminal. It takes longer to get from the Gatwick runway to the terminal exits than it does to fly from Aberdeen to Gatwick. There is always a palava getting off, no steps, no chocks. Too windy. Then a bus to the wrong terminal: the final insult. As I sit here waiting for the flight home easyJet are once again apologising for the late departure of the flight to Gatwick. Not their fault: it never is.
RouteGatwick to Aberdeen

Review by (United Kingdom)

LTN-INV-LTN. The easyJet A319 fleet is really showing its age, particularly where seats are concerned. On the outward leg, every time the chap next to me moved in his seat, mine moved with it, and vice versa. On return leg, the cloth behind the in flight tray was severley worn. Departed 1 hour late from LTN, due to late arrival of inbound aircraft. Bad weather was delaying all departures and arrivals. Quick turn around on the ground at Luton however, good hard working crew, and the run u to Inverness only took 1 hour, despite it being timed at 1hr 25m. Inbound early to arrive at INV, so early departure and early arrival at LTN, again flight time less than the 1hr 20m scheduled. Good crew again. Fourth easyJet flight in a period of 3 weeks, and can't really knock them. Only chose easyJet as BA does not fly this route anymore. LTN to INV flights were cheaper than LGW to INV.
RouteLuton to Inverness

Review by (United Kingdom)

Seats were hard, felt stiff after a 4 hour flight. Not comfortable at all, and they had the cabin heat turned right up. At Larnaca airport queued for over an hour, standing even after check in and security. The airport and easyJet were a let down. easyJet is only good for a 1-2 hour flight.
RouteLarnaca to London
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Opted for easyJet as the price was half my preferred airport and airline option. Even with the travel time and train or car park extras it was worth the saving. Hand bags only, so nothing to check in, but it wouldn't have been a problem as there were so few people at the check in desks. Southend Airport only has around 20 flights a day so it wasn't crowded except when we queued for our flight. Boarding was slow as they made most people check that their bag fitted in the measuring device. Onboard you could see why as there wasn't much space for bags if you were late. We were two thirds of the way in the queue and just managed to get our bags in, but some rows from the seats. I wish we'd been with our bags further up as we had parents with a toddler behind us that kept kicking the seat, putting it's hands through the gap etc. I know this wasn't easyJet's fault, but glad it was only a short flight. Despite the short length, the seats are still hard and lack neck support. So glad to get off at the end. At Amsterdam it was a new experience using the "G" gates. These are low cost I assume as we had to up and down stairs in the terminal as well as from the plane Coming back we got to the gate earlyish so we were in the queue to get onboard quickly and got our bags above our seats. Prompt loading and good to see the crew helping load bags to get the flight away on time. Looong taxi to the runway. Took 10 mins to pass the "regular" D gates BA/KLM use for UK flights. However departure was ontime and with flying time of 35 mins back to Southend, can't complain. Off the plane and through immigration in about 10 mins. Easyjet offer a bus service in the air, a no frills trip. It's fine as it got us from A to B and back again but could improve the comfort of it's seats. The seats are the only thing you will have interaction with if you don't check in a bag or buy some of the overpriced on board food, so it would do them a world of good to improve the comfort of them.
AircraftA319/320
RouteSouthend to Amsterdam

easyJet customer review

Review by (United States)

This is my first and last time flying Easyjet. On the last leg of our honeymoon, my husband and decided to book Easyjet because it was cheaper than other airlines for an hour and a half flight. Big mistake. We got to the airport at 10.45 am for our 1.20 pm flight. Right away they notified us at the baggage drop that our flight was delayed two hours due to a "technical difficulty." About an hour before the delayed flight time, we were notified at the gate that the flight was delayed another two hours due to a "technical difficulty." We went downstairs to customer service to discuss our options. The representative was hostile and extremely rude, telling us that the only option was to wait. We wasted the entire day at the airport and will miss all of our reservations. The best part is today is my husband's birthday. In fairness, I know all airlines experience technical difficulties from time to time, but it seems much more frequent of an issue with Easyjet (see Easyjet reviews). Spend a little more and book with a reputable airline to avoid spending a full day of your precious vacation at the airport.
RouteVenice, Italy to Paris, France

Review by (United Kingdom)

Boarded our plane just ahead of schedule but due to poor weather at Gatwick the take off time was delayed. Captain and 1st Officer were the most informative team I have ever experienced in all my years of flying, the conversation was so down to earth and explanatory. During the flight more information was given also explaining that due to the poor weather he reminded us that it may be a little bumpy. Crew carried out the duties with total efficiency and I certainly look forward to using easyJet in the future.
RouteIbiza to Gatwick

Review by (United Kingdom)

I'd booked seats last year for this trip. When we arrived at the check in at Bristol I was told I'd only booked one piece of hold luggage and we had two. My mistake as I'd forgotten. However, the woman on the check in desk did not mention that the surchage of £32 did not include bringing the bag back. Had she said this then I would have taken the bag back to my car which was in Silver Zone (we had arrived 2.5 hours early). I was shocked at Geneva when I was asked to pay another 50 Swiss francs. The supervisor for was rude and his reply was "well I'm not Bristol airport". I've complained to easyJet and asked them to refund half of the £64 surcharge but they have refused simply saying that correct charges were applied. Yes, I know they were the correct prices but I would have expected a more professional and helpful approach at Bristol from the easyJet check in desk. At least then I could have the choice to leave the extra bag behind.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteBristol to Geneva

Review by (United Kingdom)

The overall quality of the flight was as expected from a low budget airline - nothing special. The way in which we were treated as customers was below par, and the respect shown for our belongings was next to nothing. The flight was steady and arrived on time, but this does not make up for the poor experience we encountered.
RouteNewcastle to Barcelona

Review by (United Kingdom)

Made last minute trip to Belfast with my Dad. Unfortunately he had a fall at the airport due to a disability he has had since birth. The easyjet staff member at the desk noticed his distress and once she checked he did not need medical assistance arranged for us to be the first people on the plane. The flight attendant ensured he was comfortable on the flight and offered to arrange a wheelchair upon arrival. Upon our arrival at the airport for the return journey Easyjet check in staff arranged assistance and again we were well looked after. I cannot thank everyone enough for everything they did for us without any fuss and making my Dad feel awkward or different. He is a very independent man and they respected this.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure