easyJet

"the most stressful flight "

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Copenhagen with easyjet operated by Smarlynx Estonia. The flight itself was very smooth and no nonsense. The ground services however were abysmal. I arrived way too early at the airport (3h before departure) and still had to run to get on the plane. It all began when I received and email saying that the overhead lockers on-board this SmartLynx A320 are too small to fit easyjets usual cabin baggage. It also said that I could drop off my cabin luggage at the easyjet plus check in desks. To confirm that I asked at customer services if I could indeed drop off my bag at that desk to which they said yes. When the check in for my flight opened, I came back to the terminal to find an immense line to the counters. Fortunately the easyjet plus desk had no such line. I went there and then got called at and kicked out by a ground operations worker and had to endure 2h of line for the normal check in. In the end we got called to a separate desk because if not we would not have made it to our gate on time. When I finally reached a desk, the employee had no idea what I was talking about when I explained the situation with the cabin luggage and needed help from 2 other employees. Finally I dropped of my bag and sprinted towards the gate. I made it to my gate with my belt in my hand because I didn't even have time to put it back on after security. Be careful when flying easyjet during the summer from Tegel. Ground operations is a complete joke. This was the most stressful flight of my life just because of it.
RouteBerlín to Copenhagen
Date FlownAugust 2018

"shocking company to fly with"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Amsterdam. Flight was delayed by 2 hours and 49 minutes, just short off the 3 hour mark which is how you get compensation. So we got nothing. EasyJet are a shocking company to fly with, there were delays everywhere, none of the staff knew how to control the angry crowd. Honestly easyJet get your act together. Wouldn’t fly with them again. Then they moved my girlfriend away from me so I couldn’t sit with her. Then these other couples came on after and they were allowed to sit together.
RouteGatwick to Amsterdam

"a cheap short flight"

Not Verified | Basel to Brussels. The flight only lasted about an hour so I didn't need food or a toilet. The price was quite reasonable although the booking took place only 2 weeks before. By Smartphone App I was informed about a delay of the flight but there was no indication how long the flight would be delayed. This information was communicated to us by loudspeaker announcement. The check in was very pleasant and fast. The employee was interested in a smooth process. There were problems at the security checkpoint because the flashlight I wanted to take with me was apparently too big. Well, the rule is the rule. So I went out again to take the flashlight away. When I came back the check in was already closed but since the flight was not yet there I was waved through the premium entrance as the security staff still remembered me. That was very obliging. After the new security check everything was just right and I arrived at the gate just in time. During boarding the size of my hand luggage was not checked and I was also allowed to take an additional mini bag for free although this was not part of the booking. The aircraft staff were in a very good mood and helped the passengers to get to their seats quickly. They also hurried to help with the luggage. All in all, I found the staff very positive. The captain made a lot of general information about the flight. Overall I recommend the airline for people who want to book a cheap short flight.
RouteBasel to Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2018

"my bag was slightly bigger"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Glasgow. If you thought Ryanair was bad, easyjet is worse. Hence the price, clearly. Never had a problem with any other budget airlines about my backpack, but when I was boarding, I had to pay £47 because my bag was slightly bigger than the fit. Staff was also impolite about it.
RouteGatwick to Glasgow

"check your bag size"

Trip Verified | Milan to Olbia. The worst flight experience. They make you pay for seat selection and to bring a second rollaboard on. Then, when you get to the airport, they make you pay for plastic bags for toiletries, at the gate they force you to check your bag size. My official rollaboard suitcase by luggageworks is too big for their checking devices. Then, they charged me 120 euros to get my and my daughter's rollaboard on the airplane, round trip. Did not refund my fee paid for two rollaboards, failed to enter my round trip fee for the bag, so they tried to charge me again for the return trip. Absolutely sickening service, customer abuse, will never fly again.
RouteMilan to Olbia

"Not worth the money"

Trip Verified | Milan to Gatwick. These people sent daily notification via their app 90 mins before scheduled departure (which means that I already inside the airport and passed security - eq there is no easy way out of airport to smoke/etc). Not a single announcement in the airport. Flightradar shows that plane intended for my flight is on route to Ibiza for more then 1 hour (wtf? Why they did not made announcement at least one hour earlier?) and no updatesin the airport even on departure displays up until 5:20pm (if flight were on schedule gate would be closed at 6:10pm). No staff, no one, no further announcements. Not worth the money I paid for ticket.
RouteMilan to Gatwick
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Paid for exit row seats"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Palma. Paid for exit row seats which gets Speedy Boarding and check in which saved quite a long queue for DIY check-in at Gatwick. Plane was clean and tidy with decent leg room at the exit, but looked tight elsewhere. Crew professional and very friendly and dealt well with a split up family. Food and drink to buy onboard was more expensive that expected, but good choice and quick service. Bags out in minutes in Palma. As good as British Airways and cheaper.
RouteGatwick to Palma
Date FlownAugust 2018

"subsidizing the friends of crew"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Barcelona. As I am taller than most I paid extra for a front row seat, this was a mistake, as we had the wall between us and the exit area, we had limited leg room. Once we had boarded, the passenger next to us boarded, she was a flight attendant that knew the crew. So they embraced, and had extended conversation. The conversation went right through the pilots announcements and the safety briefing - this was by a flight attendant who was a passenger, talked right through the safety briefing. As soon as she boarded the attendants gave her a bottle of water, then as soon as we took off, she got two gin and tonics, well before any other passenger had been served - did she pay of course not. Then she was given the toasted sandwich (no charge), the cold meat what ever that was (no charge) then the chocolate cookie (no charge), all before any passenger got a inking of being served. The crew and her continued dialogue ignoring the remaining passengers. This type of service really does put off regular full fare paying customers from using their service, we the full fare payers, are subsidizing the friends of crew. What type of message is EasyJet sending out to the world.
RouteBristol to Barcelona

"they are the worst"

Trip Verified | Nice to Geneva. Do not take this airline, they are the worst. My three last flights were all canceled just 40 mins before flight. This is the most unprofessional company I have flown with. Service is horrible, always late or canceled and always making up stupid excuses.
RouteNice to Geneva

"I’m still waiting"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Belfast. Normally a good airline and I fly with regularly. I was on a flight from Manchester to Belfast on June 11th 2018 that was cancelled. None of the staff new what was happening, the notice boards was not updated, people had to queue for 5 hours to be transferred. Now 7 weeks later dispute numerous emails I’m still waiting to find out if I’m going to recover my out of pocket expenses and be compensated. The Customer service is none existent as you can’t speak to people about it you just have to wait until the next email. I was told they would have made a decision within 4 weeks but I’m still waiting.
RouteManchester to Belfast