easyJet

"never fly them again"

Verified Review | Madrid to Paris. As a student on a budget I thought EasyJet would be a good airline to fly because it was cheap. They made us get in line for boarding much before they were ready to board us resulting in every person getting on the flight standing in disorganized lines for at least 30 minutes. The staff who was checking me into the flight proceeded to make me pay 60 euros for my bag even though I paid extra when booking the flight to have more than one bag. I tried to explain this to her and she told me that wasn't possible and forced me to pay for my bag. When I tried to ask her questions she continued to be dismissive. Overall I am extremely disappointed with my easy Jet experience and will never fly them again.
RouteMadrid to Paris

"not fly easyJet again"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Athens. The plane was so dirty and very bad smell in the cabin. I think for the money I paid (200£) return it was really disappointing. I have paid 60£ return with other company and everything was absolutely fine. I will not fly easyJet again.
RouteGatwick to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2017

"very rude with attitude"

Verified Review | I had a flight from Paris to Nice on 17 July 2017. They cancelled our flight. After doing 3 hours line in customer service, staff very rude with attitude told us they can't do nothing, only next day at night they can send us in another flight. We have to buy a ticket in another airline (we need to be in Nice that day). I may the claim on line they said I will have my money back in 14 days. Its been more than 2 months. I haven't receive my money yet. Call every day, no answer, send more than 30 e mail no answer.
RouteParis to Nice
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Very happy with EasyJet"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Mykonos. Overall an excellent experience. Booked an extra legroom seat (front row) with speedy boarding which worked really well. The seat itself was quite hard. I like how the seats don't recline and I think all short haul economy seats should be like this as its so frustrating when the person in front reclines their seat. The flight departed and landed on time and the service from the crew was friendly, professional and efficient. There was a good range of food and beverages available for purchase. The easyJet app is excellent give you alerts when a gate is assigned etc. Very happy with easyJet.
RouteGatwick to Mykonos
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"robbed by speedy boarding"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Paris. I've waited 10 flights to see if things would improve - they didn't. Once you have checked in for a flight on the App, even if you change your reservation, the old boarding pass stays in the app instead of being deleted: confusing. The way to choose your seat is easy for the first flight but complicated for the return. Then you cannot change it yourself. By the way, you can only check in until 2 hours before departure. I like to check in on the way to the airport once I know I will get my flight. No, you have to check in way before. Once, the check in with the app or via their website didn't work, so I tried to call the customer service helpline: waited 15 minutes before they answered saying they couldn't do anything. You are now on your way to the gate, it is 1/2 hour before your flight whose boarding gate is 10 minutes away. Normally no stress, not with easyjet, where they say your gate closes 25 minutes before your flight, so you run to realize it hasn't started boarding. In short, if you have a short connection, forget about your connecting flight. You think you are better off with a more expensive Flexi fare ticket (that is what we travel with). Good thing is you could go fast lane at airport security, but in Paris at easyJet terminal there are no fast security lanes, while in Gatwick all the lanes are decently fast. But then it is at the boarding gate that you realize how much you are robbed by speedy boarding dream: you are entitled to board first, but then you may be the one who waits the longest of all, standing in the jetway until you can board the plane. The flight in itself is more or less OK, the staff are usually smiling, except when they bother you, at the first and emergency exit rows, to the point that you cannot have your sweater on your shoulders. This time they bothered me saying that I needed to fold my iPad cover during the descent, in a way that I wasn't able to use the Bluetooth keyboard which is part of that iPad cover.
RouteGatwick to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the pilot saved the day"

Verified Review | As I was boarding from Gatwick to Milan on 24th September, I thought this is going to be a nightmare, I am surrounded by teenagers flying back to their country. Thankfully, the pilot saved the day. He was humourous, witty, joking and had a really good customer-approach. When arriving to Milan, he was joking about plane arriving but no-one was there to get us with stairs, advising us to take a seat and be patient. Hope my praise will get to this particular pilot! Wishing him well and motivation to continue in his job.
RouteGatwick to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"delayed with more than 2 hours"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Gatwick to Malaga. Very bad experience on 2nd October, my flight was delayed with more than 2 hours. Instead of taking off at 5 pm was delayed to 7.30. There was already another flight to Malaga same time with easyjet. Was no information on the screens as to what gate, so I went to information desk, they didn't know exactly. Running around, stressed and got to Malaga after 11 pm. Had to pay extra for a taxi in order to get home. Not happy
RouteGatwick to Malaga

"very friendly crew"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Short trip, no thrills airliner. Check in was fast and easy, so were the reservations. Boarding was slow. Inside the aircraft, the usual bright colours from EasyJet and with fairly good amount of space thanks to the new seats, and specially for me that was lucky to get an emergency exit row seat. Very clean airplane. No entertainment system or wifi but then again you can't ask for much more at this price rate. Very friendly crew. I departed on time and even arrived a bit before the estimated time.
RouteBasel to Porto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"great value for the price"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Pleasant surprise! It was my first time flying with easyJet and I was a bit concerned, specially with their more strict luggage rules than what I am used to. Boarding was very slow and I must confess that the whole "speedy boarding" thing seems more like a gimmick, and that you are not going faster, you are just slowing everyone else instead. The plane was nice, comfortable, plane was very clean and seats were fare more spacious than what I would though, as the cabin was equipped with the new Airbus seats which provide so much more knee room! I really enjoyed the colours of the cabin. Staff was very friendly and even passed with a garbage bag before landing to let passenger get rid of all there garbage, not even normal airlines do that so I was not expecting it in a low cost airline. Flight was nice but of course there was no inflight entertainment. Great value for the price, I just wish they would let me take my camera bag apart from my carry on.
RoutePorto to Basel
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I was so disappointed"

Verified Review | Athens to Gatwick. I added a hold luggage for the flight and asked for a fragile tag. The lady behind the counter seemed uninterested and I was told that the company doesn't provide any. I was carrying an item which I had bubble wrapped but I found the way the situation was handled appalling. They didn't even suggest a solution or seem to care any less about my concern. I was so disappointed.
RouteAthens to Gatwick