easyJet

"not my first choice"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Gatwick to Munich with EasyJet. Departure was delayed for more than an hour, arrival was 50 minutes behind schedule but that can always happen. It would have been great to turn on the AC while we waited doors closed on the tarmac and to make at least some announcements. I did reserve a seat in the emergency exit row (window) and had speedy boarding. Even the emergency exit row was narrow and I felt cramped, it may have slightly more legspace but it is still not good. Furthermore, since everybody else boarded when the speedy boarding announcement was made this is no advantage. As expected no free drinks/water/food during the flight. No weight restrictions on hand luggage, though. Verdict: Not enough space. Will try to avoid EasyJet in the future. Round-trip flight was 100€ cheaper than competitors and I actually need to go to somewhere close to Gatwick, but not my first choice in the future.
RouteGatwick to Munich
Date FlownJune 2018

"product is basic but acceptable"

Trip Verified | AMS-LTN and LGW-AMS. I realised that the outbound flight was very tight and tried to change it but found that it was cheaper to book a second flight giving me the option of two - illogical but no more so than some railway journeys. The easyJet product is basic but acceptable - the aircraft was clean and the cabin crew friendly. I did not pay for allocated seating - the randomised seating that you get is a bit annoying. My main complaint is about the queuing. The outbound flight was delayed by 25 minutes. This is understandable, there were slot restrictions into AMS, but there the delay was not put on the screen seven though easyJet must have known about it and the gate closed before the plane actually got to the stand with passengers left to wait (fortunately in the gate). Don't think that you will get on a delayed flight if you are running late. There was a delay at LTN because the entry gate would not open and everyone had to wait on the apron although this was presumably down to the airport. The return flight was fine - we actually arrived on the gate a few minutes early and I wisely decided to remain seated and be the one of the last to leave the gate, given that the airline has allocated seating, having seen people waiting in lines on the ramp. I cannot complain having paid £61 for three flights, two of which I used but the product of better legacy carriers is superior.
RouteAnsterdam to London

"barely enough space"

Trip Verified | I flew from Munich to London-Gatwick with easyjet. The big advantage about easyjet is that there is no weight limit for hand luggage. There are restrictions on the dimensions. I reserved a seat in the emergency exit row and speedy boarding. Even sitting in the emergency exit row I had barely enough space and felt cramped. The seat was really uncomfortable and even for such a short flight not recommendable. A different airline would have been 50% more expensive (about 100€ for the roundtrip) for same dates and slightly better times. Next time I will think twice before booking the cheapest flight. As expected no free onboard service. Boarding was okay. easyjet uses the old terminal (T1) at Munich and flies to Gatwick instead on Heathrow.
RouteMunich to London
Date FlownJune 2018

"provides good value for money"

Trip Verified | CPH-LGW with easyJet is easily one of the best airines in Europe. Great direct destinations, mainline airports served, friendly crew and stress-free overall experience. With legacy carriers like BA having cut many amenities including complimentary food and crew that are at best indifferent - easyJet have the right product mix that provides good value for money. Even their buy-on-board food is reasonably priced (in this case cheaper than Copenhagen Airport) and excellent quality, and delivered quickly and efficiently. My preferred airline in Europe now!
RouteCopenhagen to London Gatwick

"left high and dry"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Vienna. Do not fly on this airline. My flight was scheduled to depart Berlin Tegel at 9:15 PM. To make a very long story short, at 11:15 PM, after receiving no information as to why we were waiting and waiting, we were finally informed that the flight had been cancelled. But the real issue I have with easyJet (what an ironic name) is that, at that point, they simply told us they couldn't help us any further. In other words, at midnight, after sitting in the airport for hours and hours, we were now left on our own to find a hotel and find another flight. It was simply incredible. We were all left high and dry, scrambling to get ourselves out of a terrible situation the airline had put us in. I did find a hotel and another flight the next day, which, together with the taxi rides, cost me around EUR 400. That's in addition to the money I spend for the original flight. I still haven't heard anything from them. Just unbelievable.
RouteBerlin to Vienna
Date FlownMay 2018

"delayed for another 2 hours"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Vienna. At the check in I was not allowed to take my handbag with me because it counts as a second hand luggage. The first 5-10 people were allowed to take their bags with them, which seems very unfair. After already waiting for about half an hour to enter the plane I found bread crumbs and hair on my seat and the window was and full of finger prints. Apparently the flight got delayed for one hour because one of the stewardesses got sick and her standby flight attendant wasn’t around. If that wasn’t enough the flight got delayed for another 2 hours, which means I had to spend 5 hours in the airplane for a flight that should only take one and a half hours. Because I obviously did not expect such a long delay I did not bring any food with me, and I had to buy the expensive food on the plane.
RouteAmsterdam to Vienna
Date FlownJune 2018

"one hour later than scheduled"

Trip Verified | 21.55 flight from Paris to Luton. Flight delayed as staff unable to disembark two wheelchair assistance passengers from aircraft at CDG as no wheelchairs available. After 45 minutes one wheelchair was located and first wheelchair passenger disembarked, the second passenger got off plane 20 minutes later. My flight left one hour later than scheduled due to delay on previous flight disembarking. I'm surprised that there is not sufficient wheelchair assistance for customers at a busy international airport. I'm not concerned about Easyjet. I'm concerned poor facilities at ChDG airport will impact on disabled wheelchair assistance passengers.
RouteParis to Luton

"No reimbursement received"

Trip Verified | Gibraltar to Manchester flight cancelled on 22 April. We were a party of 9 (myself, my partner, 3 step kids and 4 of their friends). No assistance from easyJet ground crew in finding alternate transport, hotels, meals etc. Managed to get a flight from Malaga to Doncaster for the 7 kids, and Malaga to Southampton (we live in the Midlands, near Stafford, so not ideal) for myself and my partner both departing the next day. This really was the very best we could get. EasyJet emailed on 7 May (and in doing so have entered a contract) to confirm they would be paying the kids expenses claim amounting to £609.63: Alternate transport £216.63 Hotel £180.34 (one time gesture of goodwill) Meal £141.69 (one time gesture of goodwill) Transfers £70.97 No reimbursement as promised has been received. I also put in another expenses claim for myself and my partner. No reimbursement for this has been received either. Judging by the number of complaints and cancelled flights, I don’t know how they manage to keep flying.
RouteManchester to Gibraltar
Date FlownApril 2018

"avoid using their services on the weekends"

Trip Verified | Our flight was cancelled and we had to arrange our own flight back to London and accommodation. Easyjet then expect you to fill out an online form to claim your expenses back! This was a flight back to London on Sunday, meaning everyone had work to return to but couldn’t do so because easyjet just seem to take bookings without taking into account all the most important factors. The weather was perfectly fine, but they used the weather in France as an excuse to cancel a flight on Sunday night! The accommodation was sorted out by easyJet using their app on your phone, but we had to wait around like clowns for a shuttle bus, only to be taken far away from city central but close enough to the airport! We had to wait around while having nothing interesting to do because the hotel they arranged was situated near a motor way system. Please avoid using their services on the weekends because you will suffer alot if they cancel your flight and you’re left stranded in a foreign country unprerpared for this sort of scenario.
RouteLondon to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2018

"did not even acknowledge me"

Trip Verified | Awful service, didn’t even get greeted at the entrance. No staff offered to help elderly get their luggage in the overhead lockers. All cabin space filled up quickly and while everyone struggled to decide what was happening, people had to walk back off with their suitcases. Then the two staff (including the staff manager) did not organise themselves very well and my child that struggled with her ears couldn’t even get a drink. They stopped serving food and drink as we were descending. Didn’t think to ask if they could offer a closed bottle of water, did not even acknowledge me or apologise or see if we were ok. Ridiculous service and a bunch that don’t know how to organise themselves. Budget service or not, it’s a service that was paid for.
RouteGeneva to London Gatwick