easyJet

"EasyJet have disappointed"

Verified Review | Athens to Bristol. EasyJet have disappointed on this trip. I had paid out for an extra suitcase along with upfront seating for an extra suitcase. This small suitcase has been used on their flights before but on this one it was apparently too big to go in the cabin. This resulted in them charging me another 60 euros on my flight home. Overall I spent an extra 120 euros on getting home. I appreciate I had to pay for the extras to get my luggage home as I have been working abroad for the last months. What make this worse is that there were other people on the flight who's luggage was bigger than mine. I can say I won't be choosing to travel with easyjet again!
RouteAthens to Bristol

"Poor customer service"

Verified Review | Flew easyJet from London Stansted to Prague. Flight was on time, boarding experience fairly easy. Seats ok. We ordered a drink from their inflight bar, about 30 mins later (40 mins until landing) we asked for another drink only to be told they were going to have a breakfast so would not give us more drinks? Surely you have a breakfast before you leave the house or if you must eat on a 90 minute flight, you can take it in turns to make sure staff are available. Absolutely ridiculous. Poor customer service.
RouteLondon Stansted to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Sorry does not fix things"

Gatwick to Hurghada. I understand technical problems can’t be avoided. But to be delayed two hours due to it being fixed I can deal with although still ridiculous when you have boarded the plane that then problems are noticed. The main problem is that now after a two hour wait we have a further couple of hours to wait as the current crew has said they are finishing their shifts. We now have to wait for the new crew, who still have to travel to the airport. Unprofessional and no compensation! Sorry does not fix things! I would not even rate a one star, they don’t give you that option though.
RouteGatwick to Hurghada
Date FlownNovember 2017

"what a wonderful flight"

Verified Review | Gran Canaria to Gatwick. I just wanted to say what a wonderful flight we had. I had never flown with easy jet previously, And after having flights cancelled with Monarch I had rebooked with easy jet. The head flight attendant on our flight home was excellent. Helpful, friendly, funny and made a night time flight very bearable for my family of 6 (4 children, 2 adults )
RouteGran Canaria to Gatwick

"just don't fly easyjet"

Verified Review | Munich to Gatwick. Terrible cancellation policy. I bought three tickets for $68. A few minutes later I saw that I needed to fly out a day earlier. I then proceeded to cancel and change my flight. They charged me $129 to change, and then charged me $248 for the same flight the day before (A few minutes after I made this change I looked up how much those same flights cost, and they were selling for $68 - meaning easyjet gouged me). In short, a $68 ticket ended up being around $400. If you are going to fly easyjet and you need to cancel, then dont cancel, just let the seats fly empty and buy your new seats. Or, better yet, just don't fly easyjet! Ryanair had much better solutions.
RouteMunich to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I did not have a Hungarian visa"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Budapest in July 2017. I was denied boarding in London (I had a connection in Budapest transit zone to to Kutaisi, Georgia) because I did not have a Hungarian visa. This is absurd since I was supposed to have connection in the international transit zone in the same terminal in Budapest with no check-in carriage and I was checked-in for my next flight. EasyJet eventually refunded me for that, but they could not explain at all which of their terms I was violating.
RouteGatwick to Budapest
Date FlownJuly 2017

"no sign of any improvement"

Verified Review | I have to take easyJet flight from Manchester to Geneva, Sunday-Friday almost every second week since June this year. 'Have to' because this is a cheapest option and the only option of direct flight from Manchester. If you have any flexibility avoid by all means as 9 of 10 flights delayed (and more than half of them on 1.5-2+ hours) and you do not fancy to spend half of your weekend at the airport waiting. EasyJet absolutely don't care for them it seems to be normal operation mode. For the next month going to book connection flights with other airliners as it simply is going to be faster than easyJet 'direct' one. Absolute and huge disappointment with that airline as no sign of any improvement for months.
RouteManchester to Geneva
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I am extremely disappointed"

Verified Review | Glasgow to Palma. I booked our holiday a few months ago and each of us was looking forward to this trip. When we arrived to the airport everything was fine.After some time the gate was open without any problems. Everybody was standing in a big queue. Our flight should have been at 6:55 pm. At 6:45 pm we were still waiting for the flight. And suddenly a few minutes later one person came and said to everybody in the queue that he was very sorry, but our flight has been cancelled. He did not explained to us why that flight was cancelled. Everybody was very disappointed and angry. When we asked him what we can do now he said that if we want to know more information we should go and ask about some details at EasyJet information desk. Again a few minutes later we were in a big queue at the information point and again we were very disappointed. Everything what we heard there was that they have got only 2 flights to Majorca during a week (Tuesday and Friday) and all they can offer us is a leaflet with the information how to apply for refund. They also did not tell us a reason why this flight was cancelled. I was travelling for 5 hours to the airport and after that cancellation again I had to be on my way to home for 5 next hours. It was ridiculous for all passengers. I had to cancel all our holiday because of that cancelled flight and due to that cancellation I will not get all my money from the travel agency. I am not going to book anymore a flight with EasyJet and will not recommend to anyone this airline. I am extremely disappointed and will never fly them again.
RouteGlasgow to Palma
Date FlownOctober 2017

"our flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | Olbia to Manchester. After waiting for 3 hours we found out from the Manchester airport site that our flight was cancelled. Nobody at Olbia had informed as to anything more than they were working on the toilets on the plane. The crew visited the airport toilets walking through the departure lounge, they then went back to the plane and ascended the skies without us. This is after the captain had told us personally that he would keep us updated. Nearly 300 people wandered around the terminal at 11.30 pm looking lost and confused. I could see what was coming so I rang a hotel and booked a room. When I went outside the terminal there were no taxis due to there being no flights due until the morning. I tried phoning but were told "No taxis"! Then one taxi appeared and took us to the hotel. Easyjet posted on their website that we could have a free flight a week later at the same time, or have a refund. We had to fly to Milan the next day to get part way home, then on to Manchester the day after that. We met some of the other passengers on the flight from Milan who told us they had to sleep on the Olbia terminal floor. We can't get through to Easyjet and have not been contacted.
RouteOlbia to Manchester

"not easy with easyJet"

Verified Review | It is not easy with easyJet. At Berlin Schoenfeld Airport, the queue was extremely long and there were only 3 counters opened. Check-in staff were rude and unhelpful. I feel that the airline's main aim is to be voted "most on time carrier" at the expense of passengers. The app does not really work when you have more than 2 boarding passes. For example, I could see that I had 4 boarding passes on the app but I could only open 2 earlier passes. After the check-in staff also could not open the other 2 boarding passes, he issued us with paper passes, but he issued my son's pass twice and not mine causing further confusion and distress at the security gate. Overall, not happy with easyJet. But a positive point on easyJet in comparison with other budget carriers, they allow a child traveller to have a free check-in of a stroller / car seat. Also, instead of spamming with offers on hotel and car rentals, they could alert travellers on what is likely to happen at any particular airport (eg very slow security) as I am sure that they would have data on the number of passengers who missed flights.
RouteBerlin to Zurich