CityJet

"They are disgraceful"

Trip Verified | Dublin to London City. Our Sunday evening flight was cancelled we were not informed until we got to the check in, there were no more flights available that night. the help desk was closed, we were sent after 3 hours to a hotel and put on aer lingus flight Monday to Heathrow. Not in business class in economy and not together. We had to take unpaid leave at work and pay to get back to city airport. We have to date not received an apology or any compensation! I would never fly or recommend them I would advice to travel with BA or any other alternative airline. They are disgraceful.
Date FlownMay 2018

"a big disappointment"

Trip Verified | This City jet flight was operated for Air France. After arriving with an Air France flight in Paris from Singapore this Paris to Dublin flight was a big letdown compared to the service with an actual Air France flight. First of all after everyone has boarded their system recorded an error in their reservation . Simply bizarre that they only discovered this after letting everyone on board. This resulted in the plane not even moving from where it was parked for about 50 minutes after scheduled departure. We were then moving practically all over the airport for what seemed like they wanted us to view the runways before the plane actually took off. Service on board was quite slow. After being served the meal it seemed like they did not feel the need to clear the tray tables quickly. One stewardess managed to splash some Coca-Cola on the lady sitting beside me. She was very apologetic and nice but I got the impression that she was under pressure. On arrival in Dublin my bagage which had a priority tag after arriving in Paris on a first class flight was the 85th bagage to come out ! While Air France has consistently maintained high standards it appears that their City Jet partner just could not be bothered to do the same. As a result I missed the noon direct bus to Limerick and ended up having to use another bus company that took 3 hours and 45 minutes and a very convoluted route to get to Limerick. After spending so much to get priority service this connecting flight was a big disappointment and is way way below the service of an Air France operated flight.
RouteParis to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2018

"would fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Genoa to Paris. This was an Air France flight operated by local carrier CityJet. Everything was done through the Air France website and I was able to upgrade to business class for around €200. The business class seat was probably one of the smallest seat I ever flown, however the service was fantastic and for a flight that lasted under two hours there is really nothing to complain about. The airplane had four engines thing that I found quite interesting since it was very small aircraft. I was served a full breakfast that was very nice and the presentation was five star. I would fly this airline again without hesitation.
RouteGenoa to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2018

"flight has been changed"

Trip Verified | Dublin to London City. I booked expensive flight due to family emergency. My return flight has been changed from London City to Southend. Reason given is staff shortages. This is most inconvenient and not what they advertise. No response from cityjet or offer of compensation. Never again.They continually brag about flying you into heart of London. Southend is certainly not that!
Date FlownMay 2018

"this flight was a real bargain"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Milan Malpensa. With only 29 euros, including drink and snack, this flight was a real bargain. CityJet flies this route on behalf of Brussels Airlines with a rare plane in the west: the Russian built Sukhoi Superjet 100. This turned out to be a rather silent, 2-3 seating plane, with a good legroom. The nice crew, the punctual departure and a truly beautiful view of the Swiss alps made this flight a very nice one.
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100
RouteBrussels to Milan Malpensa
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"very pleasant short flight"

Trip Verified | London City to Dublin. The website is easy to use. Check-in and boarding were well organised. Staff neatly dressed and and welcoming. A drink is included in the cost of the ticket as well as a small snack. Departed on time and arrived on time too. A very pleasant short flight.
RouteLondon City to Dublin
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"the crew were exceptional"

Verified Review | We were booked on Cityjet flights from Birmingham to Innsbruck as part of an Inghams charter. I have to say we were apprehensive, never having heard of the airline before, but that soon disappeared once we were actually on the flight. The aircraft was spacious, in that the seating wasn’t cramped as on many flights we have taken and more importantly, the crew were exceptional! The addition of drinks and snacks was an added bonus – please note this BA. In fact we even left Innsbruck 30 minutes early! As far a low cost carriers go, I feel this has a massive future ahead of it. We could not have had a more pleasant flight – both ways. The crew were polite, attentive and very pleasant, in sharp contrast to Ryanair. We have vowed never to fly with them again, even before this latest debacle over cancelled flights.
RouteBirmingham to Innsbruck
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I have no complaints"

Verified Review | Dublin to London City. The lady who checked me in at Dublin was lovely. I saw her help an elderly gentleman and she did so with kindness and professionalism. Boarding was efficient and the interior of the aircraft was clean and the crew were polite and worked hard. Arrival was on time and baggage delivered promptly. I have no complaints and will gladly use again!
Date FlownJune 2017

"Every flight has been delayed"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to London City. Flown with CityJet 3 times in the last month, either as KL or AF branded via wet lease. Every flight has been delayed by at least 30 minutes, all with different weak sounding excuses. My last flight was a joke, first they could not open the door, which delayed the plane by 30 minutes, then it was circling for 30 minutes because of ground complications and when we landed we could not get off the plane because another plane was parked beside it. Their old Avro RJ85 show their age as well and are very noisy compared to newer planes. I recommend flying with KLM or AF instead. Even if it is to Heathrow instead of city. The time won by quicker city access is lost by constant delays. On board a similar meal to AF or KL meal is served, crew is generally kind but seem to be helpless when it comes to delays.
RouteAmsterdam to London City
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff were polite and smiling"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew CityJet from Dublin to Paris. Boarding was very confusing since both doors of the plane were used, but I could not see any information about which rows should use which door. Apparently no one else saw it either since lots of people tried to pass each other inside. Once seated everything went smoothly, and we arrived on time. A sandwich was served, but no alternative for us who do not eat gluten. Coffee was not too bad. Legroom was almost better than on the connecting Air France Airbus. Staff were polite and smiling. Since this was not a long flight I found it perfectly ok, even though the confusion at boarding should be easy to avoid.
RouteDublin to Paris