CityJet

"would fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Genoa to Paris. This was an Air France flight operated by local carrier CityJet. Everything was done through the Air France website and I was able to upgrade to business class for around €200. The business class seat was probably one of the smallest seat I ever flown, however the service was fantastic and for a flight that lasted under two hours there is really nothing to complain about. The airplane had four engines thing that I found quite interesting since it was very small aircraft. I was served a full breakfast that was very nice and the presentation was five star. I would fly this airline again without hesitation.
RouteGenoa to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2018

"flight has been changed"

Trip Verified | Dublin to London City. I booked expensive flight due to family emergency. My return flight has been changed from London City to Southend. Reason given is staff shortages. This is most inconvenient and not what they advertise. No response from cityjet or offer of compensation. Never again.They continually brag about flying you into heart of London. Southend is certainly not that!
RouteDublin to London City
Date FlownMay 2018

"this flight was a real bargain"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Milan Malpensa. With only 29 euros, including drink and snack, this flight was a real bargain. CityJet flies this route on behalf of Brussels Airlines with a rare plane in the west: the Russian built Sukhoi Superjet 100. This turned out to be a rather silent, 2-3 seating plane, with a good legroom. The nice crew, the punctual departure and a truly beautiful view of the Swiss alps made this flight a very nice one.
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100
RouteBrussels to Milan Malpensa
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"very pleasant short flight"

Trip Verified | London City to Dublin. The website is easy to use. Check-in and boarding were well organised. Staff neatly dressed and and welcoming. A drink is included in the cost of the ticket as well as a small snack. Departed on time and arrived on time too. A very pleasant short flight.
RouteLondon City to Dublin
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"the crew were exceptional"

Verified Review | We were booked on Cityjet flights from Birmingham to Innsbruck as part of an Inghams charter. I have to say we were apprehensive, never having heard of the airline before, but that soon disappeared once we were actually on the flight. The aircraft was spacious, in that the seating wasn’t cramped as on many flights we have taken and more importantly, the crew were exceptional! The addition of drinks and snacks was an added bonus – please note this BA. In fact we even left Innsbruck 30 minutes early! As far a low cost carriers go, I feel this has a massive future ahead of it. We could not have had a more pleasant flight – both ways. The crew were polite, attentive and very pleasant, in sharp contrast to Ryanair. We have vowed never to fly with them again, even before this latest debacle over cancelled flights.
RouteBirmingham to Innsbruck
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I have no complaints"

Verified Review | Dublin to London City. The lady who checked me in at Dublin was lovely. I saw her help an elderly gentleman and she did so with kindness and professionalism. Boarding was efficient and the interior of the aircraft was clean and the crew were polite and worked hard. Arrival was on time and baggage delivered promptly. I have no complaints and will gladly use again!
RouteDublin to London City
Date FlownJune 2017

"Every flight has been delayed"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to London City. Flown with CityJet 3 times in the last month, either as KL or AF branded via wet lease. Every flight has been delayed by at least 30 minutes, all with different weak sounding excuses. My last flight was a joke, first they could not open the door, which delayed the plane by 30 minutes, then it was circling for 30 minutes because of ground complications and when we landed we could not get off the plane because another plane was parked beside it. Their old Avro RJ85 show their age as well and are very noisy compared to newer planes. I recommend flying with KLM or AF instead. Even if it is to Heathrow instead of city. The time won by quicker city access is lost by constant delays. On board a similar meal to AF or KL meal is served, crew is generally kind but seem to be helpless when it comes to delays.
RouteAmsterdam to London City
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff were polite and smiling"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew CityJet from Dublin to Paris. Boarding was very confusing since both doors of the plane were used, but I could not see any information about which rows should use which door. Apparently no one else saw it either since lots of people tried to pass each other inside. Once seated everything went smoothly, and we arrived on time. A sandwich was served, but no alternative for us who do not eat gluten. Coffee was not too bad. Legroom was almost better than on the connecting Air France Airbus. Staff were polite and smiling. Since this was not a long flight I found it perfectly ok, even though the confusion at boarding should be easy to avoid.
RouteDublin to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2017

" expect decent and honest communications"

Verified Review | London City to Amsterdam. My KLM flight from LCY to Ams was cancelled due to a heavy storm at Amsterdam and I was rebooked to a partner flight operated by Cityjet. Obviously this flight was impacted by the storm as well and we faced heavy delays (5,5 hours), nothing Cityjet could help given Schiphol was facing serious ATC restrictions. What Cityjet could help was the extremely poor communications. On the airport they kept moving the expected departure time by 30 minutes every 30 minutes. Although Schiphol already reporting a 2 hr delay. When I approached Cityjet through twitter, they did confirm the later departure time, but still nothing at the airport. At 6:15pm they finally announced a gate, with a departure time at 6pm. Everybody rushed to the gate, but nothing happened. When I asked the gate they said they expected boarding around 6:45. Again I asked why it didnt show on the information displays. Ground staff said they could not change that. At 6:45 we boarded and the pilot announced that we did not have a slot time confirmed, but that the company was working on an as early as possible time. At that point Schiphol was already showing an expected arrival of 11:40PM. Eventually we left around 9:45 and indeed landed 11:40pm. Again, in circumstances like this you cannot blame Cityjet for the delays. You can expect decent and honest communications. Cabin staff was great providing frequent drinks during the wait. Seat comfort is extremely poor given the 3x3 layout. Having to wait 3 hrs in a full plane didnt help either of course. At arrival we have to wait another 15 minutes at the gate, before ground staff was able to connect the Jetbridge. At 0:10 we finally could leave the plane.
AircraftAvro RJ 100
RouteLondon City to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"experienced the same problem"

Verified Review | London City to Bordeaux via Paris. This is the second time I was flying with them, and the second time I experienced the same problem. When I registered, I was told my plane would be 45 mins late. Then, we had successive messages "next info in 30mins", and it ended up with a cancellation of our flight 2 hours after we were supposed to take off. In-between, it was just imposible to get any info from anybody. And we later learnt that our plane had a technical problem and they tried to fix it up. And all this happened in the airport of London City, that was fully packed because all flights were delayed! Awful wi-fi connection and no seat available. Sadly for me, I was the last one to queue in the line for changing my flight and accomodation. There were 2 staff to reallocate 100 passengers : as a result, it took 2 hours before I was offered a flight on the next day! I had to find the flight by myself because they only wanted to offer a flight from the same airport with a via, when there was a direct flight from Gatwick.
RouteLondon City to Paris