Vote Now

CityJet

"experienced the same problem"

Verified Review | London City to Bordeaux via Paris. This is the second time I was flying with them, and the second time I experienced the same problem. When I registered, I was told my plane would be 45 mins late. Then, we had successive messages "next info in 30mins", and it ended up with a cancellation of our flight 2 hours after we were supposed to take off. In-between, it was just imposible to get any info from anybody. And we later learnt that our plane had a technical problem and they tried to fix it up. And all this happened in the airport of London City, that was fully packed because all flights were delayed! Awful wi-fi connection and no seat available. Sadly for me, I was the last one to queue in the line for changing my flight and accomodation. There were 2 staff to reallocate 100 passengers : as a result, it took 2 hours before I was offered a flight on the next day! I had to find the flight by myself because they only wanted to offer a flight from the same airport with a via, when there was a direct flight from Gatwick.
RouteLondon City to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very unpleasant experience"

Verified Review | Florence to London City. Very unpleasant experience my first and only time flying with Cityjet. The flight was delayed due to weather which ok it happens! Then it was diverted but arrangements were made and eventually we made it to City airport. The most unpleasant of the flight was the lost luggage and the poor service afterwards. Nothing was told to me appart from the numerous times I contacted the company and they said they didn't know what happened. After one month I have no luggage and no response from the company! That's not the way to treat customers and I felt very upset. This was not a low cost flight and the quality of the service was far below any low cost I ever did.
RouteFlorence to London City
Date FlownDecember 2016

"attendants were professional"

Verified Review | I flew CityJet from Amsterdam Schiphol to London City. The flight was fully booked and the ground crew suggested at the gate to have our carry on luggages loaded into the baggage compartments because the overhead bin wouldn't be able to accommodate all luggages of the passengers. Very well solved by the crew. The flight was pretty much an uneventful, meaning no delay and smooth. The flight attendants were professional, distributed the refreshments and snacks within the short flight time and did the clean up afterwards (45 minutes of air time). Leg room is more than decent and very comfortable seats. This aircraft is still equipped with the old style seats, almost like a sofa, very soft and comfortable.
AircraftRJ85
RouteAMS to LCY
Date FlownOctober 2016

"FA's all friendly and relaxed"

Dublin to Paris CDG. Business Class on Cityjet RJ85 the middle seat is left empty. In fact there were only a few business passengers on the flight, so each passenger had an entire row of seats. The RJ85 is renowned for being very quiet, and the flight was most comfortable. Within the limitations of operating Business Class simply by putting a curtain up to separate from Economy, the service was fine. FA's (all Irish) were all friendly and relaxed. A light breakfast was served, and coffee was topped up as required. I booked Business Class only because I was connecting to a long haul flight, and there was no option to book "C" for long haul and "Y" for the short connection. Otherwise, it would hardly have been worth the extra money simply to get breakfast and to ensure I had no-one in the seat next to me. But the service was good, the breakfast was basic but fine, and I have no complaints.
AircraftRJ85
RouteDUB to CDG
Date FlownNovember 2015

"flight is cancelled"

Verified Review | CityJet flight from London to Paris initially planned to take off at 6.10pm, delayed until 6.55. Passengers called for boarding, waiting in 30 degree heat for 30 minutes in a small room, until an announcement that the flight was further delayed by 1.5 hours. Compensation of £5 for refreshment. Another boarding at 9.00pm. 1h later, flight is cancelled. I don't know where I will sleep tonight, when I will be back to work.
RouteLCY to ORY
Date FlownJuly 2016

"avoid this airline at all costs"

Verified Review | Booked tickets to Japan using Cityjet from London to Amsterdam. Terrible mistake. First flight to Amsterdam was delayed so much we missed our KLM connecting flight to Tokyo. I'm writing this now at Amsterdam airport waiting for cityjet to arrive, as it is late once again, with no info whatsoever. Probably their old planes broke down again. Avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteLCY to AMS
Date FlownJune 2016

"dismal level of customer service"

Verified Review | Our flight from Florence to London City was cancelled, zero information was given for over 2 hours, no one from CityJet was in the airport to answer questions or provide assistance in the meantime. When someone finally arrived they were unable even to say whether we would be flown home the next day. No announcements were made at the airport as to what passengers should do. No apology for the fact that those of us who are UK nationals are now disenfranchised of our referendum vote. Appalling treatment all round. City Jet you should be ashamed of yourselves. Would never recommend this airline in light of such a dismal level of customer service.
RouteFLR to LCY

"a total fiasco"

Verified Review | An absolute nightmare of a journey from Cork to London City involving a 4.5 hour delay. A plane was sent from Dublin and arrived 3.5 hours after the problem first arose. I had booked seats with my children but was reallocated a new seat which took no account of the original booking. Clearly, having decided to pull out of this route the company aren't concerned about passenger inconvenience. Staff were far too glib. I will never travel with them again - a total fiasco.
RouteORK to LCY
Date FlownJune 2016

"flying from London City is a breeze"

Simple, really. Flying from London City is a breeze compared with battling the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow, took me 55 minutes from my office in Camden to the gate at LCY. CityJet flight took off on time (always great to walk to the plane across the tarmac), free snack a drink (booze included), walked straight off at Dublin and straight out of the airport. The delay on the way home was not the airline's fault, and the journey back to North London from LCY was still far easier than Heathrow. Cheap flight, good service, great airport. Shame I can't fly to San Francisco direct from LCY.
AircraftAvro146
RouteLCY to DUB
Date FlownMay 2016

"seemed to be the cheapest"

Verified Review | Cork to London City Airport, I chose Cityjet as they seemed to be the cheapest. The reviews were mixed and I decided to try it anyway. First off, I decided to just take hand luggage, as it was very expensive to choose extra luggage. However, after a week or so I found out that there was luggage included (up to 23kg) - nowhere was I informed of this, which could have led me to pay extra for it. This should be shown when ordering, but it was not. The airplane from Cork to London City was quite small. I think it had about 13-15 rows, and the plane was less than half full on both ways. The aircraft was very noisy, I had to turn up my headset to full volume to be able to listen to the music. The flight attendants were friendly both ways, however very slow to serve drinks and food - it was already a pretty short flight of 1 hours and 20 minutes. There was however drinks included (also alcoholic drinks) and a snack (a pack of biscuits on the way to London, on the way back a müsli bar). I did not expect any food or drinks, so that is fine. I appreciate the very fast support and response from Cityjet on Twitter, though. The seats were fairly small and not comfortable to sit in at all and there was no Wi-Fi.
RouteORK to LCY