Vote Now

AirAsia

"customer service is the worst"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Flew AirAsia from Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur. I have flown with Airasia for a year now and I travel often. Their customer service is the worst, its really hard to contact them. Online there is over an hour wait and there are always issues. AirAsia tries to charge for everything it can think of, even for making a payment. Cheap, but not worth all the trouble.
RouteKUL to PNH

"good value for money"

Unverified | Ho Chi Minh City to Penang. This was a very straightforward flight experience with an easy check, boarding, flight and landing. As it's a budget airline you don't expect any frills but the experience was fine all the way through. We'd paid extra so we got express boarding (more so we can be sure to get overhead luggage space beside our seats). No complaints at all. Good value for money.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Penang
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"claimed I had only purchased one"

Verified Review | Seoul to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia has terrible customer service and tries to overcharge passengers at every turn. I purchased 2 25 kg checked bags, but at check in, they claimed I had only purchased one, which resulted in by baggage being 11 kg over the weight allowance that I purchased. They then offered to check the remainder of my luggage for 42,000 won per kg, or 1.5 times the cost of my original ticket. They wanted 640,000 won for my 11 kg of checked luggage which they falsely claimed that I had not purchased. I am never flying AirAsia again.
RouteSeoul to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"would fly with AirAsia again"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Kuching. A really nice and comfortable flight. I've also noticed that AirAsia arrives earlier or on-time despite being delayed for half an hour. The cabin crew was really friendly. Thus this shuts all my negative views towards them before. I would fly with AirAsia again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteKUL to KCH
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"plenty of decent looking food"

Verified Review | Bali to Perth with AirAsia Indonesia. It was my first time flying on AirAsia. Unfortunately I did not have a great experience. This is because throughout the entire flight two little kids kept grabbing the top of my seat like little monkeys. When they weren't dangling from my seat or my boyfriends seat they were kicking our seats, for 4+hours. The odd thing was that these kids did not seem to have a seat of their own, and were either sitting on their parents lap or torturing my boyfriend and I. I don't know that I can fault the airline for this, as we never voiced to the flight attendent what was going on. On a side note, I thought the airline provided plenty of decent looking food and beverage options.
RouteBali to Perth
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"luggage not included in ticket price"

Verified Review | Siem Reap to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. The flight was fine and the staff were nice. We were unaware that checked luggage was not included in the ticket price and as a a result we had to pay 72USD each on the spot to have our bags put on the plane. This has never happened on other flights I've flown. How can they justify charging that much for a bag to be put on the plane? That cost is almost as much as the flight ticket! Be careful of this little money maker, if you don't check that little box when buying your ticket online you'll be paying through the teeth to bring your luggage.
RouteREP to DPS via KUL
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"refund is still in progress"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Kota Kinabalu in October 2016. All flights were cancelled due to the supertyphoon, we got offered to get a refund of the flight. I filled in the form the same day, now like 3.5 months later my refund is still in progress. I got an email that I got my miles for that flight (I had to open one of those accounts at Air Asia just to check my refund status which is not nice as well), but the flights were cancelled. Bad customer service.
RouteHong Kong to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownOctober 2016

"4 months of delay"

(Panama)

Verified Review | Booked and paid for a flight on AirAsia a month before travelling. The night before our flight to Phuket (less than 8 hours) we were informed our flight was cancelled. We were offered a full refund, or rebook on another flight. We had a commitment in Phuket so chose the refund and purchased tickets on another airline. Sent everything for the refund. Nothing happened. Talked to their live chat Oct 21 and was told my refund was in process. It is now February 4 2017 and after waiting in a live chat queue for 62 minutes I was told they are dealing with massive requests and are sorry for the delay - 4 months of delay! They have no clue as to when I might expect a refund. They don't handle that. I asked for an email to send a complaint to and was given the e-form. Already had written them but no response.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Phuket
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"delicious food and drinks"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Yogyakarta to Denpasar with AirAsia. I used Web check in and boarding pass printing at home and no baggage (although for domestic always include 15 kg baggage). Direct to departures after security check. Good boarding process. Nice livery. I pre order 2 pax food (nasi lemak and chicken dijon) and get free 2 drink (hot coffee and still water). Total price only IDR 67 k (USD 5) for delicious food and drinks. I eat one portion in the flight and one in waiting next flight. I always love flying with Air Asia Indonesia because if the humble flights attendant. Although this is low cost carrier, they work professionally and friendly, like full service airlines. And this is always better than AK or D7. Delay in departure, on time in arrival. And I get high fare, because I see 25% lower price several days before flying. Overall okay and worth it.
RouteYOG to DPS
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"receive the benefits they paid for"

Verified Review | Flew AirAsia from Denpasar to Perth. Had booked Red Carpet to eliminate queues through security immigration and passport control, and it did work very well, including access to a very good lounge. The whole thing was ruined by imposition of a fingertip search of cabin baggage - 30 minutes in the queue. AirAsia - we approve the need for security measures, but you must provide those who have paid for red carpet to receive the benefits they paid for.
AircraftA320-200