AirAsia

"the flight was fine"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Kuala Lumpur. he plane left the boarding gate 5 minutes behind schedule and took off 17 minutes later. Take off was smooth and the flight was fine all the way to KUL, except for a few minor bumps along the way.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSurabaya to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"had to pay the check-in fee"

(China)

Trip Verified | Puerto Princesa to Manila. We have now been flying with this airline 3 times, and two of these times we had delays for around 1 hour. When flying back from Puerto Princesa we were asked to check in what had been our carry on baggage going here. The bags weights were less than 10 kilos, soft, full of clothes, and size is according to normal standards for airlines and our previous flights with air Asia. When we asked for the reason they told its due to safety reason. So we had to pay the check-in fee and board.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"it was quite satisfactory"

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur. First time with AirAsia and it was quite satisfactory. Waited in line for about 20 minutes at Jogja to check in, but the line moved fairly quickly. My hand luggage was over 7kg so I bought extra baggage allowance, but the ground staff at Jogja never weighed my hand luggage. Boarding started at departure time so we got off the group 30 minutes late, but we arrived on time at KUL. Crew was attentive. Seats were reasonably comfortable. Announcements were frequent and easy to understand. Overall I was satisfied with this AirAsia flight.
RouteYogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"pre-order meal with reasonable price"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Jakarta. Everything is okay, the legroom may be limited for people with height more 175 cm. If you want more spacious legroom buy emergency seat. Free baggage 15 kg for Indonesia domestic flight. Overall okay, especially as they have various pre-order meal with reasonable price (same with fast food price).
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I had a renewed passport"

Trip Verified | Ho Chin Minh City to Kuala Lumpur. Bad to worse from the start because I had a renewed passport (even though I showed them the old passport). On the return leg from KUL to SGN, whilst boarding I was pulled out of line, both the old and new passports taken off me (which I eventually demanded back). The staff checking boarding passes was suspicious of anyone handing her a smartphone boarding pass. What's the point of using the AirAsia App if we get dirty looks when using it for storing boarding passes? Anyway, her supervisor contacted his supervisor using WhatsApp then after sending pictures of my passports to him, I was finally allowed to board. After boarding, the flight attendants serving food want to see your boarding pass, which means if you have it on your phone (and you are sat at a window seat) you have to pass it to be inspected.
RouteHo Chin Minh City to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"fine for the price if everything works"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumput to Denpasar. Our flight was delayed due to late arrival of the aircraft and ATC tech issues. AirAsia informed us about the first delay on 11:30pm the day before our 7:45am flight, while this could have happened faster I was still able to adapt to it. After boarding we waited an other 60 min with very sparse information about why, roughly in the middle of wait we were informed that there are problems with ATC and at some point later we pushed back without further announcements. The seats were fine but had little comfort. No IFE or WIFI available. AirAsia is fine for the price if everything works, if you have a problem you have a big one. Our return flight was rescheduled and offered to refund or rebook. I tried to rebook. To me the saving on airfare is not worth the very real possibility that you will spend a lot of energy and time being stressed by AirAsia messing up.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumput to Denpasar
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"every flight was delayed"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Phuket delayed arrival of 45 minutes. I used this airline for the first time, with 4 flights in January and every flight was delayed, the one from Bali to Kuala Lumpur was a 3 hour delay. Rubbish time keeping.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Phuket

"not very comfortable"

Trip Verified | The new seats were very small and not very comfortable. The old seats for the old A320-200 were a bit bigger and a bit more comfortable. For some reason the day I flew was a very nice day to fly but for some reason the turbulence was very extreme, the pilot had to cancel the distribution of meals because of it which I believe was not turbulence, it was the pilot using the plane on manual instead of using the autopilot. The flight was 50 minutes delayed but somehow made it 10 minutes late to its actual arrival time. I was happy for that but other than that it was the worst AirAsia experience. Note: The ticket was very cheap.
AircraftA320-200 neo
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"staff members were polite"

Trip Verified | Flew from Surat Thani to Bangkok Don Mueang for business. Booked for luggage and thus had a hot seat and also a meal. The service was standard Air sia and standard budget airlines. The staff members were polite as how usually budget airlines goes. Seat pitch at my seat (1D) was pretty OK. However I still cannot imagine taking budget airlines for long haul flights.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSurat Thani to Bangkok Don Mueang

"Very bad experience"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Flew Johor to Kuala Lumpur. Flight delayed 3 hours 25 mins. No advance notice given the day before. Very bad experience with AirAsia, poor service, not recommended. No compensation offered on flight delayed.
RouteJohor to Kuala Lumpur