AirAsia

"I enjoyed my flight"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sandakan. I enjoyed my flight. Check in, given KLIA 2 is such a hectic airport, was not too bad. The flight was quite punctual as well. The prepaid food I ordered was quite tasty. Much better in fact then Jetstar. The staff were efficient and helpful as well.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sandakan
Date FlownMarch 2018

"no space for your legs"

Trip Verified | On board you don't get a meal unless you buy it before hand or on board but they will refuse to serve you a glass of water. On the first occasion I have been lucky enough to get a glass of hot water, on the second attempt I have been asked to buy a bottle, but unless you have MYR with you or a credit card you won't be able to get any water. PA s never stop, On one flight i have counted 25 that drive you crazy, trying to get you to buy any sort of things. You can just notice how they save and make money looking at the aircraft: one of them on the inside was covered with advertisements even on the table and the hand luggage compartment. Emergency doors they have two rows of seats on the immediate left and right of them, the so called 'vip seats' where for an extra 20 dollars you have extra leg space. If you are unlucky to seat on row 11 in front of them, your seat will not recline and if you are tall 1.90m like my husband and someone reclines the seat in front of you, you have no space for your legs.
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"this is a bus with wings"

Trip Verified | Don’t recommend. Originally flight from Jakarta to Singapore was canceled and we were rebooked 5 hours later. Multiple calls to support went unanswered. No response after two days to email ticket created through their support website. No response on Twitter. Service desk at CGK was vacant. Let the ads on the carry-on overhead bins be a signal: this is a bus with wings, so expect all the qualities of a bus company, not an airline.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2018

"didn't get any vegetarian food"

Trip Verified | Bali to Mumbai. My flight supposed to depart at 03.10pm, on 31 March. They allowed passengers to check in at 11.00 am but didn't inform them about the delay. Once the immigration process was completed, then they changed departure time to 07.00pm. Now passengers don't have any option other than waiting. There wasn't any AirAsia executive present at the gate. We also didn't get any vegetarian food at Bali Airport. The airline provided food as it was delayed, but they ordered Non-Vegetarian food only. They should have some common sense that Non-Vegetarian people can eat Vegetarian food, but Vegetarian people cannot eat Non-Vegetarian food. Most of the co passengers were absolutely frustrated. They promised us that they would provide Vegetarian food on the flight. But when flight departed they told us that you have to buy it. I really will not recommend this AirAsia to anyone. While going to Bali from Mumbai, one flight attendant told me that currency exchange rate with AirAsia is different. Generally 1 INR = 210 IDR(app). But with Air Asia, 1 INR = 100 IDR. That was so pathetic. I wanted to choose twin seats while web checkin. The Customer support misguided me. They told me there wasn't any twin seats available in flight so I ended up booking different seats paying equal amount. And actually twin seats were there. This airline is bearable for those whose height is less than 165 Centimeters and a journey of max 3 hours. I will not travel via Air Asia again even if they provide me free tickets. I will not target the inflight entertainment and seating comfort as it is a low cost carrier. We should not expect more from it. It is just a plane which have seats with little cushion onto it. It take off from source and lands at destination. That's all. I hope this review will be valuable for all future travelers.
RouteBali to Mumbai via Kaula Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"save a little money but waste time"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bali. My flight supposed to arrive at 23:45, on 31 march they changed it to 12:55am on 1 April and offer a chance to change my flight time within the same date. So I called the customer support and moved it to 10:45am, which took me almost 45 minutes to finish the phone call. It wouldn't bother me until they told me my flight would delay to 14:35 on 30 March. I called to confirm and they told my flight was still the same time. As soon as I arrived KUL airport, I found my flight delayed to 14:35, then I asked them to move my flight to the 12:00 one, they refused my ask cause I didn't change it 48 hours ago according their policy. They changed my flight within 48 hours and ask me to make a change before 48 hours?! The woman in the counter was unwilling to face the sentences stated in the email that If the new flight is inconvenient to you, please contact our Customer Support for either one of the following options: 1. Change your flight to another time/date within 14 calendar days from the original departure date or rquest for a credit account of the value of your booking which is to be redeemed within 90 calendar days from the issuance date for your future travel with us or equest for a full refund of the value of your booking. She said she can call her supervisor but the answer would still be the same. After the call, she said although my supervisor still not agree, I can change your flight. So booking airasia can save a little money but waste time.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bali
Date FlownMarch 2018

"classic point A to point B service"

Trip Verified | Not even a greeting getting on the plane? First time reviewer. The plethora of reviews surrounding this airline do not lie. To save time, let me first list the positives of my flights and then the problem areas. Positives: No delays. Flight arrivals were timely. Unloading was fast. Wifi was available for free. Problems: No staff acknowledgement getting on the plane to any passengers. Did not have Malaysian currency (coming from Vietnam) and was not allowed to pay by credit card so that I could have a bottle of water! Cue tip in the seat pocket from previous flight. Decor is most budget I have seen, carpet does not cover the whole floor of the plane and the stains/tears in the leather seating is obvious. Staff (not all) lacked a positive attitude toward the passengers. The rest is what you would expect from a budget airline i.e. tight, uncomfortable seating, no in-flight entertainment, no complimentary food/beverages, complimentary wifi was limited, no power supply, etc. This is a classic point A to point B service, which was delivered. However, there is budget flying and then there is Air Asia budget flying. Do not recommend.
RouteVietnam to Sydney via Malaysia
Date FlownMarch 2018

"re-schedule without prior notice"

Trip Verified | AirAsia re-schedule my flight in April from Luang Pabrang to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur without prior notice. I try to contact AirAsia for a solution, there is no Singapore contact number. I have to use the e-form to contact them. The response from the Customer Service cannot solve my problem because I cannot accept the new flight schedule. I have requested AirAsia customer service to compensate me for cancelling my tour and my outbound flight because I have to cancel my trip to Luang Pabrang due to Air Asia re-scheduling my in-bound flight. The Customer Service Officer told me she cannot assist me because there is no such policy. I ask to speak to her supervisor and she told me she cannot transfer the call.
RouteLuang Pabrang to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"budget ticket is quite expensive"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My flight timing was changed from 2PM to 8.45AM for 1st of April for Surabaya to Kuala Lumpur. I was given the option for a full refund if the timing is not right. However I contacted them for the full refund and they never got back to me. I have been frantically trying to contact them via calls, emails, live chat, twitter, facebook since March 1. None of these methods work. There was no reply whatsoever from their customer service. I've tried calling every one of their physical office but none of the numbers work. There is no way to contact them at all. Seat and aircraft dirty and magazine is never complete. Their budget ticket is quite expensive.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Surabaya
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"very poorly run airline"

Trip Verified | In short an incompetent and very poorly run airline. We caught 4 different flights with air Asia and only 1 ran on time. Delay after delay, said were boarding was at 10.20pm to still not being boarded at 11.15. Booked all my travel with my partner, requested to be seated together. When checking in not sitting together so I had to fork out $100 to choose new seats to sit together, after doing that on our last flight back to Sydney we find out AirAsia have moved our seats again and we are not sitting together. Disgustingly poor form.
RoutePenang to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur

"computer allocated seats"

Trip Verified | Kota Kinabalu to Singapore. I arrived at check in 3 hours before the flight and proceeded to check in. At check in my wife was questioned as she was traveling on a Russian passport and even though we live in Singapore and provided evidence the staff still had a long discussion in Malay about whether to check her in. Eventually they did and they gave us our boarding passes. I asked if we were all sat together and the check in agent clearly said yes. It wasn't until we got to immigration and i was asked to show our boarding passes when i saw they had my 2 year old daughter sat in a different row to my wife and I. This was very frustrating as it also happened on my flight from Singapore to Kota Kinabalu where the check in staff told me i had to pay them if we wanted to sit together. I challenged the way the seats were allocated in Singapore to be told that it wasnt anything to do with them it was a computer who allocated seats. Clearly the computer doesn't have a family or doesn't want to sit with its family if it ever travels. The staff were not helpful at all in Singapore, it was only when i got onto the plane and spoke to the cabin crew did we find staff who were helpful and then helped us sort out seats together. On the flight from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore i had to speak to the gate agent who helped us find seats together. I dont understand why Air Asia cause families problems at check in when they can clearly accommodate seats together. Why add extra anxiety and why cause cabin crew or gate staff more problems because the check in staff cant be bothered to help customers? Low cost airlines splitting up families so they can earn extra revenue is being investigated in the UK and the US Senate has stopped airlines splitting families.
RouteBKI to SIN