Vote Airport

AirAsia

"pay more and travel without chaos"

I've travelled with AirAsia for years, but this time from Bangkok to Phuket the check-in experience was unorganised. We waited in line for 45 minutes before being told to join the end of another queue. The gates changed minutes before before boarding and of course there was an delay of 1 hour from Bangkok and again when heading back to Bangkok. For our next journey we prefere pay 30€ more and enjoy travelling without chaos.
RouteDMK to HKT

"fly with them again"

(Zambia)

AirAsia from Singapore to Penang. Nothing to complain about - flight was on time, staff were friendly. As with all low-cost airlines, make sure you read the small print, check-in on line, pre-book and pay for your bags and you'll have a smooth cheap flight. I will be flying with them again.
RouteSIN to PEN

"opposite ends of plane"

Da Nang to Kuala Lumpur with AirAsia. Got to check in, after listening to at least five other passengers have a variety of arguments, to start our discussion. The system allocates seats automatically. We are a couple that booked together and the system had us at opposite ends of the plane and the only way to change this is to pay - and surprisingly the only seats available were the most expensive ones. So another $24USD to be paid. This is obviously done to generate another income stream.
RouteDAD to KUL

"smooth check in"

(Papua New Guinea)

Flew with AirAsia from Johor Baharu to Bangkok Don Muang Airport. Smooth check in because I had already checked in at Bangkok DMK Airport and printed the boarding pass there because my route on 8 Jan was: DMK-SIN / JHB-DMK. The price of this route was very cheap. Pre-booked meal was vegetarian ginger fried rice and vegetable biryani. For me Vegetable Biryani was not ideal but it was tasty. Arrived early in DMK Airport.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJHB to DMK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"no refund of the difference"

My friend and I decided to go Kuala Lumpur from Singapore for the new year. We paid more the S$200 for a return air ticket for each of us. We were to fly on 31 December to KL and return on 3 Jan 2016 (peak season, off peak the ticket is less than S$50 each way). On 28 December 2015, Airasia wrote to us that our flight on 3 Jan 2016 was cancelled and rescheduled to fly on 5 Jan 2016. When I went online to check, there were agents selling tickets to return on 3 Jan 2106 on AirAsia but the tickets were nearly S$200 one way. I went into the Airasia website to have an online chat. Waited an hour before the operator repeated that the flight was cancelled but I told him there were other agents selling the ticket. He repeated the instructions of the email. I had also bought my hotel accommodations from Airasia and asked if I could cancel the entire trip. The operator could only cancel my flight and my hotel booking cannot be cancelled (my hotel cost more than the flight)! I asked what if I want to come back on the 3 Jan because my friend cannot apply for any leave. I was basically told that was my problem. Left without any real options, I requested a refund for my flights back from KL. My friend bought a new ticket from SQ returning on 2 Jan for less than S$100 and I return on 5 Jan for a ticket that was less than S$50. AirAsia gave us an option to fly back on the 5 Jan 2015 (the ticket cost less than S$50). I asked if I flew back on the 5 Jan 2015 with Airasia, would I receive a refund of the difference. The answer was no.
RouteSIN to KUL

"got delayed 6 hours"

(China)

We got delayed 6 hours from Cebu to Manila. While waiting, passengers were left in the dark for several hours since there was no ground staff in sight, the flight even disappeared from the main schedule board for a very long time. After almost five hours of waiting, a fellow passenger called the airline directly and finally someone showed up at the gate. The "so called" AirAsia representative was pretty much worthless in terms of knowing when we would leave. The only way I found out was by visiting the global flight status website which had all correct and updated information! I am aware this is a low cost airline, however, I rather pay more and indeed get some service. Will never use them again.
RouteCEB to MNL

"old and tight seats"

Flew from Hong Kong to Phuket on AirAsia. My first and last flight with them. A very unplesant experience overall: Long and slow baggage drop-off process, flight delayed, most unconfortable, old and tight seats. Food and beverage only with cash as they accept no credit cards. They don't even give you a glass of water for free. They are cheap, yes, but if you look at what you get, they are actually extremely expensive.
AircraftA320-200
RouteHKG-HKT

"my prefered airline"

Flew AirAsia flight Singapore to Kuala Lumpur return. Flight was delayed due to the traffic, however, we arrived KL only 10 mins after schedule. Cabin was clean and new, just the legroom was tight. Crew were very helpful and the inflight refreshments were available for sale on this short flight, price was adequate. Overall, I enjoyed this flight. Return flight to Singapore. KLIA 2 Check in counter staff friendly and helpful. Flight was on time, cabin was equipped with leather seat. The AirAsia crew were very helpful throughout the flight. We arrived in Singapore ahead of schedule. AirAsia is definitely my prefered airline while traveling to KL
RouteSIN to KUL

"get no extra legroom"

Will avoid this airline. Beware of ridiculous checked baggage fees. We tried paying lesser fees online when we were checking in, but the AirAsia website conveniently skipped our baggage options no matter which option we tried to select. Then, at the check in counter, we had to pay $144 for 2 small bags (10 kilos each), even though we tried and tried paying that online ahead of time. When I told the clerk that I couldn't pay online, because I was told that this was my problem and I should have called the customer service. Don't pay for "hot seats" - that's another rip off. You get no extra legroom, but you do get extra 15 minutes in a stuffy cabin waiting for everyone else to board, because "hot seats" board first. If you want any food - prepay when you are checking in. Otherwise, you won't even get a glass of water out of them. Value for money - not so good. We paid $550 for 2 seats from Siem Reap to Phuket and then an extra $144 for the luggage, so this is not a low coster. Yet, their policies are those of a low coster: pay for printing boarding pass, pay for luggage, etc.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSiem Reap to Phuket via Bangkok

"there was no crew"

(Malaysia)

The AirAsia flight we were supposed to board came in 2 hours late because of bad weather. Apart from this delay, we were made to wait another 2+ hours because there was no crew! I can understand the weather delay (although that could have been mitigated by ensuring a longer gap in between the landing time and take off time of a particular flight), but the non-availability of crew is inexcusable! Further, they decided to commence boarding of the next flight before us.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Langkawi