AirAsia

Review by (Austria)

Flight from Bangkok's Don Muang Airport, DMK, to Singapore, SIN. Flight was slightly late, boarding was efficient and pleasant, flight attendants very friendly. Ordered a meal - was quite good for US$5. Seat comfort is ok, legroom is very limited, but is expected from low cost carriers. All in all a pleasant flight.
RouteDMK to SIN

Review by (Malaysia)

Flight to Hong Kong was delayed by 1 hour. Check in was easy. Boarding was unorganized. Plane was clean. Seats were ok. Recline was adequate for a 4 hour flight. Food was good. Toilet was clean. Cabin crew was extremely friendly . Flight arrived 1 hour late. Just a magazine as entertainment. Return flight was delayed by 20/30 minutes. Plane was clean. The Nasi Lemak was good. Plane arrived 10 minutes late.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Hong Kong
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Philippines)

I know that it's a budget airline, but it was quite frustrating. Going to Kalibo, the flight was delayed by almost 3 hrs and we were compensated with a banana chocolate loaf and water. Going back to Manila was worse. They moved my flight to 4 hours earlier and if that wasn't annoying enough they actually delayed it on the day. I left Kalibo at 3.20, close to my original flight time but instead of doing my planned activities I had to wait in a crowded airport frustrated. This time no compensation.
RouteManila to Kalibo

Review by (Indonesia)

I was late for the return flight to Jakarta, but staff let me board at the gate. The Flight is only 1.40 hours, so I don't need IFE or a meal, maybe a free mineral water would add more value to LCC flights. My first LCC flight was not bad, actually very good value for money.
AircraftA320-200
Routejakarta to singapore

Review by (Malaysia)

10am morning flight, Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu. Overall the flight was okay for this price. The flight was very smooth, nice take off, cruising and landing. Cabin staff service was also surprisingly good. Staff smiled and were friendly and helpful. However, the flight was delayed about 30 minutes on arrival, and the seat pitch was awful, far too - hope this will change in the future. Overall, despite the delay and seat pitch, it was a good experience, cheap price but good quality flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu

Review by (Philippines)

I flew them on Aug 5 in the evening. The flight was supposed to be at 8pm but it was delayed to 9.45pm without any explanation. Finally we boarded around 10pm and we left 30 minutes later. The only compensation was a tiny piece of banana and chocolate cake and a small bottle of water. The flight was quiet but the seat is very small. Other problem: everybody was sleeping on the flight but they kept the lights on full during the 1.5 hour flight.
RouteMNL to DVO

Review by (Thailand)

This review is for the return trip from Bangkok to Gold Coast via KL. On the way over we flew an overnight flight. It was the coldest flight I have been on. Even with boots, jumper, scarf and our own blanket we were cold. When we arrived at the Gold Coast, the outside air temperature was 16 degrees - that felt warm. Moreover the lights were left on until very late (approx. 2.5 hrs after take off) and turned on very early (approx. 3 hrs before landing). We had very little time for sleeping. In conclusion, it was the most uncomfortable flight we have traveled on. On the return trip, we were notified via email around 3.40 am that the flight was about 3 hour delayed, however we left home at 5am and had not checked our email so we were not aware of the delay. When we arrived at the airport we tried to ask staff to issue us a Boarding pass for the next available connecting flight to Bangkok from KL as we knew we would miss our originally booked flight. However we were told they could not do that but she assured us that Air Asia staff in KL would be able to get us a flight to Bangkok that evening. When we arrived at KL we (and other passengers who missed their connecting flights) were made to wait at the transit desk for around 40 mins before we were notified that all of us had to stay overnight in KL and fly the next day. In the end we gave up realising that nothing could be done, we had no other choice but to fly the following morning. It was about 3 hours before we could leave the airport with other passengers.
RouteBangkok to Gold Coast via Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Cambodia)

The flight was very pleasant. I enjoyed it but AirAsia should consider add the in-flight entertainment packages to the flight.
RoutePNH to DMK
Date FlownMay 2015

AirAsia customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

I flew to Kuala Lumpur and back and hated both flights. I'm 6 foot tall, and I usually go in a window seat and I am fine. I was on the aisle seat for both flights and found my legs crammed in. My seat wouldn't recline and found it impossible to find a comfortable position. The plane was too cold, I shivered on the plane and can only be grateful I wasn't allocated a middle or window seat. If you are over 6 feet, 183cm tall, don't expect a pleasant experience. Only good thing was the staff were absolutely fine.
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Bulgaria)

June 2015 I went on a small trip around Asia and I had 5 flights with AirAsia: HK-KL, KL-Jakarta, Jakarta-Singapore, Singapore-Bangkok, Bangkok-Xi'an. Beforehand, I read some reviews about AirAsia online and 99% of them were really bad. Everyone was complaining about delayed/changed flights and poor customer service. After all I read, I expected awful flights but in fact everything went smoothly. All flights were on time (except one - 2 hours delay) and customer service was good. And yes, you have to pay for drinks and food on board but come on, I got 5 flights around Asia for less than £200 altogether. I would fly with AirAsia again!
RouteHong Kong to Xi'an via KL, Jakarta, Singapore, Bangkok