AirAsia

"worst airline experience I've ever had"

Verified Review | AirAsia is by far the worst airline experience I've ever had. I had four AirAsia flights in the last week for my trip to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur and Penang and back to Changsha) three of which were delayed. The ticketing process is set up to be easier but many of the automatic machines were not working and we had to ask several staff members for help before we could print tickets. On the first 2 flights, the staff were unfriendly. On the last flight the staff were friendly but seemed exasperated by all of the requests of passengers. Carry on bags should be only 7 kilos but only one airport weighed our bags and made us repack them. There is no unity among the airline. Every airport has a different request. AirAsia is cheap because they offer you no amenities included in the price. Checked bags, food, and drinks are all an extra cost. Passengers may order food and drinks and pay cash on the plane but it was not an organized system. People were crowding the aisles and shouting at the crew to get what they wanted. The chairs are quite uncomfortable, when it was time for landing, I didn't even realize my seat was reclined. Many of the passengers used their cell phones at inappropriate times which made me very uncomfortable. I would rather pay for a more expensive flight than take AirAsia again.
RouteChangsha to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2017

"They offer cheap flights"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Bangkok. They offer cheap flights, but tack on a bunch of other costs. I tried to get the website to allow me to select baggage but it did not work. When I tried to call the phone number they provide for the Vietnam office, it did not go through. As a result, I was charged 40USD to check a 15kg bag. The staff was rude and unaccommodating. This may just be a problem with Air Asia in Hanoi. Aside from the booking process. They do not provide free water (let alone snacks) on flights as a low-cost airline.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"rather use other airline"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Cengkareng to Denpasar. I am quite dissapointed with the service of Air Asia, they are not punctual with the schedule. Although they are cheap, they gave us poor service. On 7th July passengers were asked to proceed to the plane by bus. However, we were asked to stay in the bus for 30 minutes and asked to go back to the waiting room until further notice. Today, 4th August, using the same route, I experienced delay for my 21.00 flight. I just want to assure that cheap flights cannot degrade its service and punctuality, because, next time, I will rather use other airline (even more expensive one) in order to fly on time.
RouteCengkareng to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2017

"seats were very comfortable"

Verified Review | Penang to Langkawi. s overall a good experience, Check in was a little confusing as you have to label your own bags. There was a staff member on hand to assist if needed though. The line was a bit long and slow, Boarding was so organised, everyone had a line to be in which was according to seat number, very efficient, The plane seemed new, the seats were very comfortable, it was a very short flight yet it was surprising sine had ordered food however it wasn't served due to turbulence which was a surprise as we felt none, It was a nice flight and now I am seriously considering Air Asia for future flights - it was much nicer than the Malaysia Airlines domestic flights,
RoutePenang to Langkawi
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Check-in line management was extremely slow"

Verified Review | Check-in line management was extremely slow, that it took over an hour and 10 minutes to get to the counter. There was an unintelligible announcement that was later claimed by the airline as last minute check-in announcement. I was denied check-in more than 45 minutes before the flight time, when the boarding pass clearly said that the gate closes 30 minutes before departure time, for a delay caused by the airline's poor line management. I was not offered the option to pay a chhange fee. Instead, I had to pay the price difference for a same day flight, which was between as much as I had paid for the whole trip, up to double that. This has been the worst customer service I have received from any airline, anywhere, and I travel a lot. Will never fly this airline again, nor recommend it.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Langkawi
Date FlownJuly 2017

"very good value for money"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Yogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Flight departed on time and touched down Kuala Lumpur 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Cabin was very clean despite the rather short turn-around of 20 or so minutes. Announcements of cockpit and cabin crew were professional yet cheerful, providing the updates one would expect to feel welcome, comfortable and safe on board. As with most of AirAsia flights: very good value for money and overall good level of service in the air and on the ground.
RouteYogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2017

"male attendants were nice"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Malé return. My very first flight AK 72 was considerably okay but the return was terrible. Both female flight attendants were rude, discourteous when they served the food. One of them nudged me hard to fasten my seatbelt in the middle of the flight due to turbulence. No please or excuse me, just a rough nudge. The male attendants were nice and were trying to do a good job.
RouteMalé to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2017

"overall it is quite good"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. The boarding was chaotic but still effective, the only problem is using 1 gate for 3 flights. This flight arrived early and the food is ok. The seat pitch is tight but considering the price paid it is okay. Some of the crew is not so friendly but overall it is quite good.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2017

"not collaborating and unfriendly"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Krabi. We booked our flights online, and our reservation was changed by Airasia without notice. They changed the time of the flights, changed the bagages allowances, etc. That caused a big problem at Male airport in Maldives where the staff was especially not collaborating and unfriendly. We have big the victimes of their unfair online system as still had to pay the price for this. Booking on Airasia is like playing russian roulette. I started my trip at Krabi airport where my 22 kg bag was accepted as a 20 kg check in bag. Then the same bag wasn't accepted in Kuala Lumpur and I have to waste 10 minutes and make the queue even worst to take out things from my bag. On the way back from the trip, same problem at the Cebu airport. You can take 25 kg ++ carry on bags without paying a check in bag while people like me who try to respect the check in system are just treated rudely for 2 kg in excess.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Krabi
Date FlownMay 2017

"nothing special about this airline"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | This is my return flight from Labuan to Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia pride themselves as a low cost airline and indeed the fares are very low. However, yet another delayed flight. No wifi in the aircraft. AirAsia is very strict with carry on cabin baggagge. They will count and weigh every piece of bag. Nothing special about this airline.
RouteLabuan to Kuala Lumpur