AirAsia

Review by (Thailand) 4th August 2015

This review is for the return trip from Bangkok to Gold Coast via KL. On the way over we flew an overnight flight. It was the coldest flight I have been on. Even with boots, jumper, scarf and our own blanket we were cold. When we arrived at the Gold Coast, the outside air temperature was 16 degrees - that felt warm. Moreover the lights were left on until very late (approx. 2.5 hrs after take off) and turned on very early (approx. 3 hrs before landing). We had very little time for sleeping. In conclusion, it was the most uncomfortable flight we have traveled on. On the return trip, we were notified via email around 3.40 am that the flight was about 3 hour delayed, however we left home at 5am and had not checked our email so we were not aware of the delay. When we arrived at the airport we tried to ask staff to issue us a Boarding pass for the next available connecting flight to Bangkok from KL as we knew we would miss our originally booked flight. However we were told they could not do that but she assured us that Air Asia staff in KL would be able to get us a flight to Bangkok that evening. When we arrived at KL we (and other passengers who missed their connecting flights) were made to wait at the transit desk for around 40 mins before we were notified that all of us had to stay overnight in KL and fly the next day. In the end we gave up realising that nothing could be done, we had no other choice but to fly the following morning. It was about 3 hours before we could leave the airport with other passengers.
RouteBangkok to Gold Coast via Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Cambodia) 22nd July 2015

The flight was very pleasant. I enjoyed it but AirAsia should consider add the in-flight entertainment packages to the flight.
RoutePNH to DMK

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd July 2015

I flew to Kuala Lumpur and back and hated both flights. I'm 6 foot tall, and I usually go in a window seat and I am fine. I was on the aisle seat for both flights and found my legs crammed in. My seat wouldn't recline and found it impossible to find a comfortable position. The plane was too cold, I shivered on the plane and can only be grateful I wasn't allocated a middle or window seat. If you are over 6 feet, 183cm tall, don't expect a pleasant experience. Only good thing was the staff were absolutely fine.
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Bulgaria) 21st July 2015

June 2015 I went on a small trip around Asia and I had 5 flights with AirAsia: HK-KL, KL-Jakarta, Jakarta-Singapore, Singapore-Bangkok, Bangkok-Xi'an. Beforehand, I read some reviews about AirAsia online and 99% of them were really bad. Everyone was complaining about delayed/changed flights and poor customer service. After all I read, I expected awful flights but in fact everything went smoothly. All flights were on time (except one - 2 hours delay) and customer service was good. And yes, you have to pay for drinks and food on board but come on, I got 5 flights around Asia for less than £200 altogether. I would fly with AirAsia again!
RouteHong Kong to Xi'an via KL, Jakarta, Singapore, Bangkok

Review by (Australia) 28th June 2015

This was our first AirAsia trip from Perth to Bali. We're spoilt for choice in Perth with multiple flights daily by AirAsia, Garuda, Jetsar and Virgin. We used to fly Jetstar because as a Qantas Club member we could use the QF lounge in Perth - that doesn't open just for Jetstar flights, so you have to jag it when there's a Qantas international flight going out - not that there's many of those these days. So this time we decided to give Air Asia a go because their fares were excellent. Spot on time departure ex Perth, clean aircraft and we paid extra for Row 1. Pleasant enough flight for a LCC. We paid extra for the Red Carpet service on the return journey, and this was an absolute treat. No queues, someone to escort you through immigration, and access to the Premier Lounge which is on a par with the QF Business lounges in Perth. Also you get to board first, so minimal queuing - for frequent travellers to Bali this is worth paying for. The usual customer types on board making it mildly embarrassing for the FA's but they'd be used to it on that run. It was an on time departure, and this time a little IFE with one of the cabin crew playing his guitar and singing over the cabin PA to well deserved applause from the punters. AirAsia is cheap as chips and very efficient - what's not to like on this easy 3.5 hour run between Perth and Bali.
RoutePerth to Denpasar

Review by (Indonesia) 22nd June 2015

Flew AirAsia from Jakarta to Bali and overall it was a pleasant flight. I've enjoy reading their magazines as a replacement to the IFE - which is understandable as it is a low cost carrier. The flight attendants were nice and the landing was pretty smooth.
RouteCGK to DPS

Review by (India) 4th June 2015

Air Asia India: Traveled from Delhi to Bangalore on May 23rd. One of the worst experiences I have had. We boarded the flight which was scheduled to depart at 5.25 pm but due to some technical reasons they returned from the runway and had to change the plane at the last moment. As a result the flight got delayed by almost 3 hours. Next surprise was that they did not offer complementary food considering everybody was just sitting in the plane for 3 hours. When some of us asked the reply was that they are not carrying sufficient food for everyone. The crew was inexperienced. They had no idea about how to handle the situation. I think Air Asia should focus on the quality of services before expanding their network.

Review by (United States) 5th May 2015

Flew Bangkok to Bali then Bali to Singapore. Planes were clean and new and seats were comfortable but small. I paid extra to book the first row and there was plenty of legroom. The first five rows are reserved for anyone who buys the premium seats (I think it cost about 10 bucks) and they were mostly empty on both flights so I was able to lay down and sleep across the second row. I pre-booked a meal for a few dollars and it was pretty good. Only complaint is they bus you to the plane from the terminal so boarding is a bit hectic. Overall great experience for a budget airline.

Review by (India) 4th May 2015

Round-trip from Goa to Bangalore on 29 April 2015. Later when I heard many bad reviews about Air Asia I was worried. But when I travelled all flights were on time. Crew were polite. Service was good.

Review by (India) 10th April 2015

TRZ-KUL-DPS-JOG and CGK-KUL-MAA. Travelled in the month of November 2014. Booked the tickets few months in advance good deal. All are A320 aircraft's neat and clean. Both ground staff and crew are good in service. Departed / Landed on time. Hope to travel again. Strongly recommend others for travelling in Air Asia.