Vote Now

AirAsia

"bought through online booking service"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur with AirAsia. I have to say this was the worst travel experience I have had. We bought our fares through an online booking service rather than the airline. On the way there it was bought as one package i.e. one flight to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur then connecting flight to Ho Chi Minh City and we also bought a package of 2 flights for the way back the exact same way online. When arriving at Sydney no problem for the airline staff to print us both boarding passes for the Kuala Lumpur flight and also the Ho Chi Minh City flight at the same time. On the way back different story. They said that these were two separate flight bookings that our online booking service had made for us. So in KL we then had to go through all their security and customs and then check our bags again and this took us about 1.5 hours. Many times I have brought my own decaf coffee with me on the plane as airlines never serve decaf coffee and I don't drink caffeine. I usually just ask them if I can have a cup of boiling water with some milk and I add my own decaf coffee. I got told by a very nice air hostess that she would give me the hot water and milk (powdered) for free and that if I asked on another flight for this that I might be told to pay for a drink. There is no in flight entertainment and meals are not free as a low-cost airline. When you pay for a meal on the plane you must pay in Malaysian currency or credit card. Then if you don't have credit card you can't purchase anything. Fortunately I had some US dollars in cash and they made a quick conversion and I paid in that for my items.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Sydney via KL
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Both times were delayed"

Verified Review | Flew with AirAsia from Denpasar Bali to Yogyakarta and back. Both times were delayed, one by 2hrs one by 35mins and I did not receive any notification of this delay. I guess lesson learned, you get what you pay for. At least let me know when my flight is going to be delayed, never flying them again.
RouteDenpasar to Yogyakarta

"it'd be a good choice"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. There are so many check-in counters in KL airport that it was not easy to find the right one and then it took about 50 minutes in the queue. The flight was delayed for about 1 hours. As bought value pack I was given a small bottle of water and small sandwich. In addition I bought a seat near exit row, so I felt comfortable and I think it worth the money paid. There was some inflight magazines in English. It's a low cost airline and it it's under 100$ it'd be a good choice.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2016

"delayed and arrived late"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | The AirAsia flight from Padang to Kuala Lumpur was delayed and arrived late. We had to wait an extra hour. The boarding was done quite quickly as the plane wasn't full. The flight encountered mild turbulence while on air but landing was harsh; we actually bumped into the tarmac. Other than that, everything went well.
RoutePadang to Kuala Lumpur

"flight went well"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | It was a morning flight from Kuala Lumpur to Padang with AirAsia. The flight took off a bit late but arrived on time. The flight was quite full but everything was done in an orderly fashion. The flight went well and did not encounter turbulence nearly all the way. Landing was smooth.
AircraftA320-200
RouteKuala Lumpur to Padang

"was efficiently conducted"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | It was an early night flight from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. The flight was nearly full, and boarding commenced early and was efficiently conducted. The plane was able to leave the terminal building early but because of numerous aircraft waiting to take-off, departure was behind schedule. The flight was smooth almost all the way except a few minor turbulence in mid-air. Take-off and landing was good.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2017

"pass no longer guarantees an upgrade"

Verified Review | I first bought the upgrade pass in 2015 via Air Asia site and I purchased 6 upgrades to business class for more than the amount if you go directly to optiontown and request a non guaranteed upgrade but I thought the guaranteed one was worth the extra money. I simply had to directly book a business class seat. Then in 2016 when my pass expired I again went on the AirAsia site and purchased another 6 upgrades. What they didn't state clearly is that the pass no longer guarantees an upgrade, in fact it is useless as you are required to book an economy seat and then go onto the optiontown site and request an upgrade. So you pay a higher price and you have almost no chance of getting an upgrade. This is because Air Asia has already sold a huge number of these passes and has already obtained that money. So then if any business class seats are left, they heavily discount them. So for my new upgrade pass I received no upgrades. I even went on line and saw that there was only 1 business class seat left on a flight and although I had the pass, I paid the heavily discounted extra price of $800 so I could receive the seat. I then made a complaint and was told the pass could be extended, but this was a 1 off for 3 months only, and sure enough I didn't receive an upgrade during this time. My advice is to not buy an upgrade pass but take your luck and just try as a one off on the optiontown site, whereby if you don't receive the upgrade they at least refund your money. On the pass they only give you useless 'credits' which you will never use in the limited time period.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bali
Date FlownApril 2017

"have lost all credibility"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | AirAsia offer four flights a day to Singapore from Bali Indonesia. Unfortunately it is difficult to rely on any flight time as they have started consolidating flights to fill planes. My booking for the earliest flight was to allow time to take my daughter to Singapore for her 21st birthday. First flight in, last flight out would give us 12 hours in singapore. 2 days before the flight to Singapore AirAsia resheduled it, ok fair enough, it was only by 2 hours. But then 6 hours before the flight they rescheduled it again by 3 hours. Then to add insult to injury the rescheduled flight was also delayed by 50 minutes. We finally got to Singapore but our entire whole day shopping trip turned into only 3 hours. Why offer such an extensive array of flights you have no intention to fulfil? AirAsia have lost all credibility
RouteBali to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2017

"inflight service is rude"

Verified Review | Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia has to be one of the all around worst airlines I have ever flown. I don't write reviews, this is the first. I travel internationally a lot and am used to difficult situations and bad service. It takes a little effort to get me annoyed. Their website doesn't work very well. It constantly kicks you off. The website won't take any of my Visa cards. Because of this, I am forced to purchase tickets thru a 3rd party such as orbitz with the same cards where purchasing add ones such as baggage is not always an option. Some flights include a checked bag, others don't. So, if their website doesn't work and you can't pay in advance, you are left with getting ripped off at the airport on your bag fees. Inflight service is rude and narrow minded. For example, I booked meal service for a flight in February 2017 from Bangkok to Hanoi. I ordered a coffee in advance, however, after traveling all night, I decided to forgoe the coffee and sleep instead. I asked for a water and was told "no, you must have coffee because it is what you ordered." I said "okay, I'll pay for the water". Staff gave me an annoyed look and pushed the cart away. I was not rude, I was not demanding, but was treated very poorly. I ended up having to flag down another attendant and ask for a water. This was not an isolated incident. Similar things have happened to me before and I seen it happen to many others. Maybe my expectations are to blame here because of where I come from, but the capacity for abstract thought seems to be lacking within this organization. Being kind, courteous and compassionate is not a hard thing. Unfortunately, there is no recourse for me. They don't care. They are so big, it will be hard to avoid them in the future, but I'll will do my best to use other airlines.
RouteSurat Thani to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2017

"cabin crew was so attentive"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | A good flight from Surabaya to Johor Bahru return. No delay at all (arrive earlier). It is better to prebook food, but price onboard is still fair. The aircraft cabin is clean and the cabin crew was so attentive. I got separate seat from Johor to Surabaya, crew know about it and give me permission to change to my family in hot seat (front row). I really appreciate it.
RouteSurabaya to Johor Bahru