AirAsia

"second unpleasant experience"

(China)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. After boarded it was announced we need to get off and take another plane. This is the second time I have used AirAsia and a second unpleasant experience with them. First time was getting charged $140 for my first and only luggage at the airport, it’s only around 10kg.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai

"This is my last time"

Trip Verified | Ranchi to Kolkata. They only serve food to passengers that have done the required preibooking of meals and that's it. In a short flight like this Indigo cabin crew will sell food and water apart from pre booked passengers. This is my last time.
RouteRanchi to Kolkata

"paid double the fare"

Verified Review | Singapore to Bali. First and last time traveling with this airline. We paid double the fare to board ourselves to a later flight in the day due to arriving late at airport. The check-in staff assured us to board us onto the next flight. The price difference is nothing short of predatory pricing. AirAsia insists on an all-in tix plus luggage overweight charges, airport taxes and everything else. Fine, we did as per their recommendation and waited 2 hours to the "next flight". But the airline delays an extra 2 hours (this is only a 2 hours flight) and our first day of the vacation is almost over. Do yourself a favor and book Tiger/Scoot next time.
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownNovember 2017

"second worst flight experience"

Verified Review | Penang to Bangkok via Medan with Air Asia Indonesia. This was my second worst flight experience ever. It is absurd that they do not offer Fly Thru service for International flight connections. It is absurd how small the pitch is between seats. It is absurd they will fill up an A320, with no one in the exit rows because that costs extra, and kick a passenger who relocated there during the flight, how many advertisements are in the plane and that after collecting our baggage and passing through customs, simply to catch a connecting flight, the Checkin Agent insisted I pay cash for an outrageous overweight bag fee because he didn't feel like entering my credit card information into the computer. This is 2017, I can pay anyone for lunch with Venmo, but paying a major airline for a fee is difficult? Are you kidding me? It is absurd they woke me up to hand me a meal which I did not order, only to realize that the meal was for someone else, so they took the meal away. Wifi on plane? Advertised but doesn't work. Seat entertainment? Not on any planes. T
RoutePenang to Bangkok via Medan

"lowered my expectation"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Shantou to Bangkok. With my knowledge having boarded AirAsia I simply lowered my expectation of inflight service to zero. Beautiful flight attendants were there greeting me. The plane took off as scheduled. The meal plan I pre-booked is served at a comfortable pace. They were using 2 flight attendants, one is to do everything and another is just to stand there and hand out the food. I have no idea whether it is the best way of serving on board but I see many flight attendants who are serving passengers more actively. They refused my Chinese money once I ordered a can of coke. I have given them 14RMB, the flight attendant returned me with 2RMB and said it is too old. As a passenger I can't the control or reject the legal money given to me from a supermarket, can I? Can they refuse legal bank notes?
RouteShantou to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"this trip was excellent"

Verified Review | I flew on Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi on November 9th 2017. Everything on this trip was excellent. Refreshments were available for purchase. Boarding was handled efficiently aided by the new design at terminal KLIA2. Was given seat 1B as the flight was full and I did not have to pay extra for boarding first.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Langkawi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"prefer a regular airline"

Verified Review | Bali to Phnom Penh via Kuala Lumpur with AirAsia. In Kuala Lumpur there was a delay of more than 2 hours. Staff and company gave zero information about the delay. Moved to another gate, waiting for another flight to arrive and than just before boarding gave us a bottle of water, for over 2 hours of waiting. Even a meal does not compensate this delay. AirAsia is a budget airline with next to no service. Booked my ticket online and they charged me 10% for using my debit card, $48. Ridiculous. This amount does not show before you agree to pay. Do not fly. I prefer a regular airline.
RouteBali to Phnom Penh via Kuala Lumpur

"professional customer service"

Verified Review | Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. I would like to compliment one of the staff at TPE check-in counter. He exhibit professional customer service in handling customer case by case. He portray the mission of AirAsia, low cost and high quality. He repeatedly provide options for customers with patient. I would like to thanks him for making my journey with AirAsia a pleasant one.
RouteTaipei to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the flight was pleasant"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Surabaya with AirAsia Indonesia. It was a morning flight from KUL to SUB. The flight took off lakte about 20 minutes. The senior flight attendant apologised for the delay. Weather during take-off was cloudy. Generally, the flight was pleasant all the way to Surabaya. Landing was okay.
AircraftA320-200
RouteKuala Lumpur to Surabaya
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"no free food given on flight"

Verified Review | Bali to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. No inflight entertainment and no free food given on flight. One has to pay. They defend that position by calling themselves a budget airline. Seats are uncomfortable. I'm going to pay extra and travel with some other airline next time. The positives are that the staff is courteous and the flight is on time always. In fact they're before time.
RouteBali to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur