AirAsia

"love to fly AirAsia again"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Kuala Lumpur. As what I am expected from AirAsia low-cost airlines, decent service and flight are always present in the whole experience. The time of flight departure is quite accurate. One of the hassle is the flight is getting strict with their 7kg cabin baggage rule. The seat is quite comfy, in comparison with other low-cost airlines. The interior is more vibrant compare to the others. I experienced no turbulence, as what I remember during the flight. Overall, would love to fly with AirAsia again.
RouteSurabaya to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2018

"I end up with normal seat"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Phuket. I booked the premium flex ticket to get good leg room. I was advised that this type of ticket allowed me to change my flight date at an extra charge. I needed to change my flight date more than a month before flight date. I tried for days to access my booking on Airasia homepage and when the page finally allowed me to login (I had correct login credentials, the page just didnt work for days) it said I had no booking. Finally I had to call their customer service to have the flight changed instead. At customer support I explained that I needed to change my flight and was told that I had to sit on a standard seat. I asked if it could be solved. They didnt even try to have it sold but just said no. I end up with normal seat instead. I then asked for a refund since I was no longer getting what I paid for. Instead I was asked to pay 1500HKD extra for the change of the flight. I had known about this rule before, but I still asked for compensation due to not getting what I paid for. Also I later found out that if I had booked a new ticket instead of using my return ticket the cost of the new ticket would have been 1700HKD. That is 200HKD more than the fee I had to pay for changing my return ticket, but still several hundred HKD less than what I paid in upgrade for the premium flex ticket I had originally purchased.
RouteHong Kong to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"could not ask for more"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Yangon. Flight on time, cabin crew friendly, pre-ordered meal arrived on time and hot, additional purchase prices for beverages are reasonable, pilots are informative, and your seats can recline on this budget airline in the newest aircraft. The fare is also very competitive. I could not ask for more. The only downside is KLIA2, low cost airport which is a shame, but this is not airline's fault.
AircraftA320neo
RouteKuala Lumpur to Yangon
Date FlownMay 2018

"wanted to charge me for luggage"

Trip Verified | Kansai to Ho Chi Minh City via KL. Very bad experience with luggage. They wanted to charge me $US 520 for one luggage of 23kg for an air fare of $US148. After arguing with them, brought the weight down to 19kg and coat $330. Will never fly Air Asia again
RouteKansai to Ho Chi Minh City via KL
Date FlownNovember 2017

"will fly AirAsia again"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Miri to Kota Kinabalu by AirAsia. Booking and Check In were easy. Flight departed and arrived on time. Since it was less than an hour flight, flight attendants did not really sell a food on board, meanwhile i really wanted to order. they only served passenger with prebooked meal. However, definitely i will fly AirAsia again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteMiri to Kota Kinabalu

"The staff were lovely"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Went on an overnight flight from Osaka to Don Mueang Bangkok. The staff were lovely. One flight attendant in particular was very cheerful and made everyone laugh (and even applaud) as he sang in Thai over the intercom. Flight attendants are usually a little robotic so it was nice that the whole team seemed to be having fun on this one. I have found AirAsia flights to be very cold, so bring some layers!
RouteOsaka Kansai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"check to see if baggage is included"

Trip Verified | Siem Reap to Taipei via Kuala Lumpur. Always check to see if baggage is included. I checked in for my flight online and did not see any information about baggage. I assumed since I was flying international maybe they would not charge for baggage. I am very aware that they are a budget airline but I did not see a place to purchase baggage while checking in or I would have. I think you must have to pay for baggage when you purchase your ticket. Their staff at the Siem Reap International Airport was unprofessional and very unaccommodating, “we are a budget airline” is what they kept telling me when I asked why I was being charged for my check-in luggage. The baggage cost me $80 USD, it was only 11kg. The cabin service was just fine.
RouteSiem Reap to Taipei via Kuala Lumpur

AirAsia customer review

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Denpasar. First time to Bali and bought these tickets on this airline based on price, did not really do any research before hand. The service on this airline was fine, I really had no complaints, the flight left on time, the seats were fine for the short flight that it was and the employees at check in and in the airplane were very nice. My only complaint is that due to my age and bad legs, boarding was done having to go down steps from the terminal to the tarmac and then up the stairs to the airplane. Similar situation upon arriving in Denpasar. Not the end of the world, just that those behind me had to suffer with my lack of speed down and up the stairs.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2017

"pay for beverage or snack"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. We needed to pay close to 4,000 baht just to check in our bag (weighing 23 kg). When we got on the flight the seats were so close together. They expect you to pay for any sort of beverage or snack during the flight- this includes water. On the way back, we decided to try to skip the hidden baggage fees and pay for it online, only we couldn't. Every time we tried to do so, we were met with the warning that their site was experiencing a 'glitch' and that we had to do this at the airport.
RouteChiang Mai to Bali via Kuala Lumpur

"I enjoyed my flight"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sandakan. I enjoyed my flight. Check in, given KLIA 2 is such a hectic airport, was not too bad. The flight was quite punctual as well. The prepaid food I ordered was quite tasty. Much better in fact then Jetstar. The staff were efficient and helpful as well.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sandakan