AirAsia

"downtime of their website"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Have not be able to register luggage due to downtime of their website. Has taken some weeks to register because of lacking password-updates and similar faults. Wrote e-mail to customer service to change to a later flight and add luggage, since web-site does not work - no answer in over 24 hours. Travel-date is 48 hours after my request, so I have purchased tickets with another airline. In KL there is full immigration, security check and customs at arrival and the same extensive checks on departure - so transit is a few hours hard work. I am 1.80 cm, too much for the allotted space. If you sit at the window, it is difficult to get in contact with the personnel.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"making it with 5 minutes to spare"

Trip Verified | Flew AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur to Manila. The check process at KLIA2 is crazy even if you arrive 2 hours early it's not possible to check into your flight without it being stressful. They require all sorts of crazy info. Automated check in doesn't work. Ended up making it with 5 minutes to spare. I'd arrived at the airport 3 hours earlier. If I'd missed it I guarantee no refund.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila

"so helpful towards me"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur. I have to commend A*****n for being so helpful towards me for this flight. Service from the AirAsia crew have generally been mediocre in the past but A*****n showed me a different side of the airline — compassion and attentiveness. She assisted me when there was an issue with my boarding pass, going till the extent of walking me to the right person in charge to get things sorted. Thanks A*****n , for changing my perception about AirAsia in general. I hope more of their staff can be as helpful as you.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2018

"customer service and support is zero"

Trip Verified | Flew from Delhi to Srinagar. AirAsia has always been my least preferred airline. Again I regret travelling by this airline. The customer service and support is zero. I needed to take a medicine and asked for water by pressing the Assistance button above our seat. The air hostess came and asked me what I needed, I said water. Then very conveniently she forgot that. I mean do they teach them the meaning of that button? Very unfortunate that such a big name has such poor quality service. Thank you for giving me another reason as to why I am definitely not going to travel AirAsia again.
RouteDelhi to Srinagar
Date FlownMarch 2018

"their price was unbeatable"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi. When I was planning the trip to Langkawi, AirAsia offered the cheapest tickets. So the price was the main factor while choosing AirAsia and I must say it was really good value for money. I checked in online and everything was really easy. At the airport we had to wait about 15 minutes in the queue for the bag drop, but that was totally normal. Boarding process was well-organised. The staff on-board was very kind and helpful. The legroom was quite short for me, but as the flight took only one hour, it was easily bearable. In conclusion, it was really good decision to take AirAsia for such a short flight, as their price was unbeatable and they offer really good variety of services for additional cost, which are very convenient.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Langkawi

"the flight was fine"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Kuala Lumpur. he plane left the boarding gate 5 minutes behind schedule and took off 17 minutes later. Take off was smooth and the flight was fine all the way to KUL, except for a few minor bumps along the way.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSurabaya to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"had to pay the check-in fee"

(China)

Trip Verified | Puerto Princesa to Manila. We have now been flying with this airline 3 times, and two of these times we had delays for around 1 hour. When flying back from Puerto Princesa we were asked to check in what had been our carry on baggage going here. The bags weights were less than 10 kilos, soft, full of clothes, and size is according to normal standards for airlines and our previous flights with air Asia. When we asked for the reason they told its due to safety reason. So we had to pay the check-in fee and board.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"it was quite satisfactory"

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur. First time with AirAsia and it was quite satisfactory. Waited in line for about 20 minutes at Jogja to check in, but the line moved fairly quickly. My hand luggage was over 7kg so I bought extra baggage allowance, but the ground staff at Jogja never weighed my hand luggage. Boarding started at departure time so we got off the group 30 minutes late, but we arrived on time at KUL. Crew was attentive. Seats were reasonably comfortable. Announcements were frequent and easy to understand. Overall I was satisfied with this AirAsia flight.
RouteYogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"pre-order meal with reasonable price"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Jakarta. Everything is okay, the legroom may be limited for people with height more 175 cm. If you want more spacious legroom buy emergency seat. Free baggage 15 kg for Indonesia domestic flight. Overall okay, especially as they have various pre-order meal with reasonable price (same with fast food price).
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I had a renewed passport"

Trip Verified | Ho Chin Minh City to Kuala Lumpur. Bad to worse from the start because I had a renewed passport (even though I showed them the old passport). On the return leg from KUL to SGN, whilst boarding I was pulled out of line, both the old and new passports taken off me (which I eventually demanded back). The staff checking boarding passes was suspicious of anyone handing her a smartphone boarding pass. What's the point of using the AirAsia App if we get dirty looks when using it for storing boarding passes? Anyway, her supervisor contacted his supervisor using WhatsApp then after sending pictures of my passports to him, I was finally allowed to board. After boarding, the flight attendants serving food want to see your boarding pass, which means if you have it on your phone (and you are sat at a window seat) you have to pass it to be inspected.
RouteHo Chin Minh City to Kuala Lumpur