AirAsia

"no free food given on flight"

Verified Review | Bali to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. No inflight entertainment and no free food given on flight. One has to pay. They defend that position by calling themselves a budget airline. Seats are uncomfortable. I'm going to pay extra and travel with some other airline next time. The positives are that the staff is courteous and the flight is on time always. In fact they're before time.
RouteBali to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2017

"no priority seating"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | My wife and I just returned from a trip to the Maldives on flights FD 177 and FD 178 (Bangkok – Male) on 26 Oct and 31 Oct and I must say they were the worst flights we have ever experienced. We paid extra for the Premium Flex package. To start things off, we thought the flight would depart from the International terminal at Don Muang airport. The only thing departing there was the long bus ride from the far northern end of the airport to the extreme southern end where the plane was parked. A few meters more and we would have boarded from Ram Intra Rd. The plane then taxied back to the far north for take-off. Why couldn’t a concourse gate be used? While inflight we expected to get our pre-ordered meals which were ordered when the flights were booked in April. No way. Instead we were given a bland rice dish instead with no explanation as to why and a small bottle of water. On arrival in Male our express handling of baggage was anything but. I counted nearly 40 bags of normal baggage before our luggage appeared on the belt. So much for “express handling”. The departure from Male on 178 was delayed by the late arrival of 177 from BKK. Why a turnaround flight originating in BKK should be late (first and only flight) is beyond comprehension unless it was mechanical, but then no explanation for the delay was ever given to the passengers. It finally departed for BKK 1 ½ hours late (14.05 vs 12.35). In addition, there was no priority seating except that we were able to get on the bus first followed by remaining passengers on the flight until the bus was full. And again we were given the same rice dish we got on the outbound flight. This time we argued with the attendants about failure to provide what was ordered. One of them had the guts to tell us that "This is what you ordered". I told her it was not what we ordered and that Air Asia thinks it can serve premium customers whatever it (Air Asia) wants. Cash customers got what they ordered. We refused to eat that rice and my wife had to pay to get a drink and a candy bar to eat and drink. My wife overheard 2 attendants saying that at least 10 pre-ordered meals were not provided to people on that flight. Arrival in BKK again put us in a closed down section of the airport (old domestic terminal parking bays) and again bussed to the northern end of the airport. Again, no priority – everyone (136 passengers) were crammed into one bus at the top the terminal. So I ask you, would you put up with this type of service when paying premium fares for so-called better service?
AircraftA320-200
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBangkok (DMK) to Male
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not a single flight on time"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | I flew with AirAsia 6 timea this past 2 weeks, not a single flight was on time. There was zero courtesy shown by staff to the peaple they are delaying. The airline showed zero responsibility towards people with connecting flights on the same airline or other airlines. I hated every minute with them. All this while forgetting it was not really a budget choice nor was there any added value for the cost.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Alor Setar
Date FlownOctober 2017

"no compassion, no fairness, nothing"

Verified Review | Flew Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia are cheap, but that's all they have going for them. The experience I have with them is as follows: Deceptive - they add lots of charges and it's hard to navigate their online system to avoid the extra fees. Website crashes - as said above, their site is 'tricky' to navigate. I think it's deliberate, to trick you into buying extras you don't want and to gain revenue from inadvertent double bookings of flights. Customer service - there is none of this at AirAsia. None. Ziltch. I asked for help and they arrogantly didn't listen, instead just threw 'policy' or 'rules' at me. There is no compassion, no fairness, nothing. Just everything their way. They won't even provide an escalation process if unhappy with their ruling. Unfair and unjust. Small seating - the seats are too small for taller people. I hate that. I will never book an Air Asia ticket again. Instead, I'll go Scoot or Jetstar - these companies have a heart and actually care about service.
RouteChiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2017

"service is non-existent"

Verified Review | AirAsia needs to step up its game! Flying from Penang to Kuala Lumpur so many times and most of the time the flight is always delayed by an hour plus. Same thing happened again this time, another delay by an hour plus. This is a joke, I have other flight to catch and life to live. The ticket price gets more expensive but service is non-existent. You are being hauled and hushed quickly by the staff and the prided best customer service is a joke. Not consistent and hard to get. Overprice F&B, seat selection and old entertainment and uncomfortable seating arrangement. I will go with a full service carrier in the future!
RoutePenang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2017

"friendly and very helpful"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I flew from Kalibo heading to Kuala Lumpur via AK609 on 14.25pm - 24 Oct 2017. Before boarding, I caught a fever. I asked for panadol from the crew and they were very responsive providing me with the medicine together with hot water. I had pre-ordered the in-flight meal of coconut rice and they were very kind to offer to help me change to a sandwich in order for me to eat the sandwich before taking the medicine. They came around offering me hot water from time to time. In conclusion, we really enjoyed the personalized service and value for money despite this being a budget airline. The cabin crew were friendly and very helpful.
RouteKalibo to Kuala Lumpur

"non-existent customer service"

Verified Review | Among the worse airline in all respects. Terrible website, non-existent customer service, indifferent staff, horrible oily food and constant delays on most domestic and regional flights. And it has been getting worse with each passing year. Hardly remember a domestic flight in Malaysia which departed or reached on time.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang

"Bad customer service"

Verified Review | Kansai to Kuala Lumpur. During my trip to Japan, I got news that my dad who lived in Indonesia suddenly got sick, he passed away few days later. I needed to leave Japan quicker than planned. Contacted AirAsia and they didn’t have any availability anymore on the day, but promised to give credit or somekind of proportioned refund for the original ticket, so long I provided all the documents requested. Which I did, I sent all the hospital letter and death certificate. Now 2 months later and still no response from the airline, I tried to contact the by email a few times already. Bad customer service.
RouteKansai to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2017

"stop wasting passengers time"

Verified Review | Air Asia 11.35 flight from Bangalore to Delhi is delayed for the second consecutive time we have used them. All the time they give same reason, incoming aircraft delayed. Fed up with this airline, would be better changing the flight time to stop wasting passengers time.
RouteBangalore to Delhi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"promised that it will be refunded"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Thiruchillapali. This is the first time I have experienced bad service by air Asia, and it happened in their KL terminal 2. My wife booked a ticket for me to go to India via KL, but she booked it under my nick name because domestically in the Philippines I travel under that name. The ticket we bought however does allow passenger name change, but there is a fine print which is a total con. The chat service and customer support just kept throwing us back and forth and finally when we pushed they promised that it will be refunded we just have to buy another ticket for the moment. Well this happened December 2016. Till now no answer, just a template answer saying no refund because the name is different. To me, I don't care about the money it's a small issue. I still fly air Asia when there is no other airline available for the price and time, but if there is a better airline, I take that instead.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Thiruchillapali