Best Cabin Crew

Air New Zealand

"a great experience"

(Hong Kong)

Queenstown to Auckland, and first time with Air New Zealand and impressed! The aircraft was new, with a nice interior. The safety video was fun and engaging. Cabin communications frequent and detailed. Hostesses were friendly. Some cheese and drinks offered, for a not long domestic flight it's appreciated. No individual screens, but some quizzes on the shared screens. A great experience, only a shame that due to geography AKL cannot be an international hub.
RouteZQN to AKL
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"would never recommend"

We made travel arrangements last July to travel from Sydney to Christchurch with Air New Zealand, we knew we would have bags but neglected to confirm prior to departure. Our email confirmation indicated baggage fees would apply but never in our wildest dreams did we expect to pay $160 (AUD) per bag at the airport. This was an international flight and quite often the cost of bags is no more than $50 per bag. We needed to check in online 120 minutes prior to departure but we didn't have internet access. The flight wasn't full but the agents were rude telling us that the airlines wanted to limit bags. Who goes on a 3 week adventure vacation in New Zealand without bags? Clothes and gear is paramount to this type of vacation and needless to say we spent thousands of dollars - not a great start to an amazing country by their airline. On the return flight after changing our reservation by phone and adding bags, they neglected to put our reservation change in computer and tried to charge us again. They wanted a printed confirmation, who carries a printer on vacation? Thankfully, we had an email confirmation. I would never recommend this airline.
RouteSYD to CHC
Date FlownDecember 2015

"entertainment system is excellent"

A real mixed bag with Air New Zealand from Auckland to Shanghai, great flight with bad ground service. The trip got off to a couple of bad starts, I couldn't check in from Queenstown to Geneva since the tickets were not connnected, so I had to drag my luggage between the terminals in Auckland. Then when I tried to check in for Geneva from Auckland they would only check me in to Shanghai since apparently Air NZ can not check people in to transit Shanghai to Air China. This needs to be fixed since I spent 2 hours in queues to get out and back into the airport in Shanghai, I would never fly this route again because of this problem. The terminal walkway in Auckland really needs to be covered since it is frequently raining, it is a bit of a national disgrace that uncovered walkway, not a good way to great arriving tourists. Flying the Dreamliner made this longhaul flight more pleasant, the higher humidity and cabin pressure left me feeling less drained than usual. The entertainment system is excellent with gate to gate service and a good selection of movies. Most importantly the system does not have boxes under the seats making a lot more legroom available. I was lucky to get a sky couch row to myself since the plane was only half full and was able to have the full sky couch to myself for sleeping. Having a full sky couch was great for sleeping, but honestly I can't see how 2 or more people could share one unless they are very short/small people or children.
RouteAKL to PVG

"happy with the flight"

(New Zealand)

Tokyo Narita to Auckland on NZ94. Boarding was efficient. Impressed with both the dinner and breakfast served, however only one beverage run with meals and if one wanted a second drink it had to be ordered via the AVOD app. Same with coffee and tea. Crew varied from jovial to sullen. Seat not the most comfortable but as I move around the cabin often this was not too big an issue. Excellent selecton of entertainment. Overall happy with the flight and would fly this route with Air New Zealand again.
RouteNRT to AKL

"definitely last time"

Singapore to Auckland, my first time taking Air New Zealand and definitely last time. The baggage policy for international flights is silly. While I respect the weight allowance of 23kg, it is ridiculous to restrict to 1 bag per pax even if total of 2 bags is still within weight allowance. Ground crew claimed to have no discretion to bend the rules though the flight was rather empty. For those who are travelling for golf or other sports, would be wise not to take this airline.
RouteSIN to AKL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"professional, friendly and helpful"

Los Angeles to London Heathrow on New Year's Day with Air New Zealand. Full cabin in Business Class. Love the seats and foot stool and conversion to flat bed. The seats have a good range of positions and the table is large enough. The entertainment system was fully operational. Food and beverage choices were very good. The flight attendants were professional, friendly and helpful - we can't speak highly enough of them, both outbound and inbound. The ground staff were also pleasant and helpful.
RouteLAX to LHR

"pretty good experience"

(New Zealand)

Flying return from Auckland to London Heathrow I had a pretty good experience. On my first flight, I didnt have a copy of the airline magazine, and asked the staff. They explained that something had happened and they hadn't been put on the flight. I wasn't originally best pleased. A week later, as I boarded my flight back to NZ, I presented my boarding pass while getting on the plane. The steward immediately said "David I've heard you missed out on the Kia Ora magazine last flight, we've got a copy here ready for you". They brought this to my seat a few minutes later, with another apology for not having it the first time.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAKL to LHR via LAX

"staff were excellent"

I flew Air New Zealand from London to Los Angeles on Christmas Day, the staff were excellent. An empty seat opposite my seat was made up as my bed. Food very good. The use of the Singapore Airlines Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 2 is a great start to the flight.
RouteLHR to LAX

"food selection was ok"

Light passenger load in business class. Arrived at the gate after priority boarding had closed and queue with economy class. When staff realize they were embarrassed and work hard to ensure I was boarded first. Whilst it didn't bother me the effort was appreciated. The inflight service was impeccable. Staff turned an empty seat into bed for me rather than my assigned seat, very convenient. Food selection was ok but plenty to go around. There were only 10 pax in business class and 4 were friends or relatives of crew members. Inflight entertainment was ok. Bed was very comfortable to sleep but wish the width could be bit wider for turning. Would definitely fly Air New Zealand again.
RouteLHR to LAX

"comfortable flat bed"

Auckland to Los Angeles with Air New Zealand. Great service, good food, very comfortable flat bed, although somewhat finicky compared to other airlines in that it isn't simple to set up without help from service staff. Privacy is better achieved by getting a seat at rear bulkhead. Lounge at Auckland busy, but service staff walling around and offering snacks and drinks is a nice touch.
RouteAKL to LAX