Top 100 Airlines

Air New Zealand

"crew friendliness is fantastic"

(New Zealand)

Houston to Auckland with Air New Zealand - a fine airline indeed. The crew friendliness is fantastic. The food is passable in terms of both quality and size. The 777-200ER on the Pacific routes are a treat to fly. The seats are great, but not too much legroom. I got the back row so I had a great recline. I love the seat back snack and drink ordering system, it is quick, easy and efficient.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteIAH to AKL

"well worth the expense"

(New Zealand)

Paid for upgrade to premium economy which was well worth the expense for flight from Auckland to Melbourne with Air New Zealand. I'm a wide guy (140 kg, 5ft 7in tall) and really appreciated the wider seat and the extra space available to me. FAs very professional and friendly. Food was ok but not great. Thanks to the IFE system I managed to catch up on 5 episodes of a TV series that I had missed. With the IFE the was some annoying static / buzzing in the headphones. I swapped to my own and it was still there. Toilets very clean and I loved reading the book titles on the wall.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAKL to MEL
Date FlownMay 2016

"bit of a cheap experience "

(New Zealand)

Hong Kong to Auckland with Air New Zealand, which was the return leg of a short trip up to Asia from New Zealand. I had managed to secure an upgrade via one-up (Bidding with airpoints) to move from Premium Economy to Business. Whilst I was glad of the upgrade and the ability to lie flat on what was a comfortable bed I was very disappointed with some of the soft product on board. The catering was fairly dire with a hamburger being the best option available for the evening meal. When did Air New Zealand start outsourcing its catering function to a strip-mall burger joint. Cheeses to follow were inedible and while the wine was nice, it certainly was not free flowing. Felt a little bit of a cheap experience overall. The overall cost of the meal, including what passed as a starter, cannot have been more than $10. When the airfare is around 3-4k one way on this leg, I would expect more Crew on the flight were good (as is the norm on Air NZ) just being let down by having to serve a substandard product. I recommend Air NZ for their cheaper seats, not worth paying full business though.
RouteHKHG to AKL
Date FlownMay 2016

"it is profit before people"

(New Zealand)

Sydney to Auckland with Air New Zealand. Arrived Sydney early and told I couldn't change my flight to an earlier departure that was still open for check in. Tried to check in using the automated machines only to have my passport literally snatched out of my hand and taken to the manual check booth. Intervention was not required or appreciated. Seat on A320 is quite cramped and I only had a carry on baggage ticket so had to order a snack via the app. Entertainment options OK and easy to use. Really feel that it is profit before people with Air New Zealand now which is a pity. I have flown more miles with Air New Zealand than any other airline but this will be changing unless the price is significantly cheaper.
RouteSYD to AKL
Date FlownApril 2016

"leg space was very good"

I found that this leg of my journey from England to New Zealand via Munich and Singapore, was easily the best leg. I had already been in transit for around 18 hours and had a 9hr 55min flight with Air New Zealand on a B787 Dreamliner. The food (3 meals) was pretty good and the IFE was of a very high standard and I felt that it was incredibly easy to use. The cabin cleanliness was also very well managed and I will say the same about the lavatories as well. Cleanliness of the entire cabin gets 5 stars. The Flight Crew were very friendly and treated everyone with the utmost respect. The flight itself was a little bumpy but that is innevitable on a long haul flight, turbulence was not a problem but did stop the Cabin Crew from serving drinks for a while, I felt that the Pilots handled it well and kept everyone properly updated. The Economy Class seats were very comfortable and were easy to fall asleep in, the cabin temperature was not too hot/not too cold and the leg space was very good. I did not use the inflight WiFi but others that did use it said it was very good.
RouteSIN to AKL
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"attentive and friendly crews"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Tauranga - Los Angeles on NZ6 on 18 Feb with Air New Zealand. I used a recognition upgrade to go from Premium Economy to Business Class. Very nice regional lounge in Tauranga and a somewhat overcrowded new lounge in Auckland, but once you navigate around the Auckland lounge you can find a quiet spot. I was in the main Business Class cabin on the 777-300 and was attended by one of the most professional, attentive and friendly crews. Dinner and Breakfast was superb, along with an excellent selection of alcohol, which was constantly topped up. We arrived at LAX ahead of schedule.
RouteTRG to LAX
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"friendly and helpful"

Verified Review | We recently went on a trip from the US to Australia and New Zealand. We were so pleased with the customer service Air New Zealand offered. A conflict arose with one portion of our trip and the customer service representatives were so great to work with to resolve this issue for us. The flight attendants on the plane were also very friendly and helpful. We also were very happy with the quality of the aircraft we flew on-convenient, comfortable, good food, and the bathrooms were nicer and cleaner than any other airline we have flown with (including on the long trans-Pacific flights).
RouteAKL to LAX
Date FlownApril 2016

"a superb business class product"

San Francisco to Perth via Auckland on Air New Zealand. Boarding in SFO was orderly and quick. On board, the aircraft interior was in pristine condition. The FA's on both legs were simply outstanding in the service they provided as well as in how they engaged with the passengers. Seats were very comfortable although I prefer the ones on the B777 to those on B787 as they seem to offer more space. The seat in the flat-bed position is very comfortable thanks to the additional padding used when the seat is converted into the bed. Food and wine selection were great on both legs and the presentation was top notch. Bathrooms were kept clean throughout both flights. IFE had a wide range of movies and music to satisfy all tastes. The lounge in Auckland had great variety and the made-to-order coffee bar was a huge hit. Air New Zealand offers a superb business class product and I highly recommend them.
AircraftB777/787
RouteSFO to PER via AKL

"food was excellent"

We flew Air New Zealand in Business Premier from Melbourne to Auckland to Vancouver on April 8 and thought it was excellent. The lie-flat bed was very, very comfortable, allowing me to sleep for over seven hours on the AKL-YVR leg. The food was excellent, especially dinner, the lamb being of restaurant quality. Staff were very attentive and cheerful. Overall, an excellent experience, highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
RouteMEL to YVR via AKL
Date FlownApril 2016

"in all a pleasant journey"

Verified Review | Auckland to Wellington. Checked in at the premium desk which was fast and friendly. Auckland domestic lounge pretty well stocked with food on the buffet so you could eat dinner before boarding. Lounge was very crowded and initially hard to find a seat. Flight was delayed by 40 minutes which meant we could have a whole meal and not just a snack. We were kept regularly informed re the delay and boarding was fast. Smiling and happy crew who interacted well with passengers, snacks and tea/coffee or water all that was on offer but fine for this short flight. Comfortable and clean aircraft and in all a pleasant journey. Bags took about 10 minutes and carousel was also very crowded.
RouteAKL to WLG