US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by M Powell    (UK)

My husband and I have just returned from a trip to the States, flying from Manchester UK to San Francisco via Philadelphia, then back from Seattle to Manchester. We arrived on time with baggage as one expects but the cabin service experience was poor particularly on the return transatlantic leg. The A330 has an outdated interior and insufficient lavatories. The seat back entertainment was difficult to use and the meals very small. The banana muffin and nothing else for breakfast was a joke. The crew were embarrassed to serve it. Only water, juice and tea were available and no coffee. We have travelled to the Far East several times in recent years and the service provided by Emirates and especially Singapore Airlines was far superior.

US Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by C Weaver    (USA)

I stopped flying this airline years ago for all the reasons cited in this forum. However, I was convinced by my travel agent to reconsider and booked a round trip flight from PHL to DUB. Delays and mechanical issues are par for the course with this airline and they didn't "disappoint." Take off from PHL was delayed three hours. But what has convinced me to never fly with them again is the treatment by the flight crew during both the delay and the flight. I have never experienced a more miserable and inattentive crew in all of my years of flying. What justification does this company have for treating customers in this way? What an awful experience. I will not fly with them again, ever.

US Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Amanda Schoenthaler    (USA)

My husband and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon a few weeks ago. We will never fly with them again! The middle of July comes around and we receive a phone call from US Airways saying they cancelled the flight we booked so we needed to choose a different flight. The only two options available were to either leave and come back the same dates but the travel time was 2 days worth each way, or to leave a day early and get a hotel to be able to make it on the next flight leaving the following morning. The second option was our only reasonable choice out of the two. By leaving a day early this meant that my husband and I were going to have to miss an additional day's worth of work. We asked the agent if we could be compensated with a free hotel stay or for our bags, and her answer was no. When we get to the baggage check in counter they tell us that we still need to pay for our bags. We stood there arguing with them that we already paid for our bags online. 30 minutes later this was finally straightened out. On our way back from Aruba we ran into the same issue with baggage fees (which we ended up having to pay for twice). We fly into Philadelphia to find out that our flight to Chicago has been delayed 5 hours, which puts us getting into Chicago at around 2.00 am. We still had a flight to get on out of Chicago at 8.00 am. They apologize and said it was a staffing issue, and that there were no other flights leaving the airport except that one. This was our first and last time with this airline!

US Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by J Pierse    (Ireland)

I was flying from NYC to Dublin Ireland today with a stopover in Philadelphia. There were no problems with my flight from NYC to Philly, however that's where the luck ran out. There was an issue with downsizing the aircraft at Philly and so numerous passengers were left stranded, I had been told I may have to wait for another flight tomorrow - which thankfully was not the case in the end. Having finally made it onto the flight, and taking off an hour later than expected it didn't take much time to realise it was going to be a long journey home. The aircraft itself was tiny, two lanes of 3 seats each which I have never encountered on an international flight before. It was cramped, the food was awful and the attendants were difficult to deal with, disgruntled and overall not welcoming in the slightest. I'm afraid US Airways won't be getting business from me again.

US Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by N Fonseka    (New Zealand)

Traveled from Honolulu-Phoenix and Phoenix-New York (JFK) which were both 5 plus hour flights. Economy seating on the first flight was cramped and uncomfortable and inflight crew were unfriendly. Felt more like an overnight bus service. Service on second flight was significantly better, but aircraft didn't have any inflight entertainment - not even drop down screens. Chose US Airways due to the cost advantage but next time will spend extra in order to have a much better inflight experience and feel better at my final destination.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2013 by D Finer    (USA)

Flight was on time. Flew first class which was a mistake. Other than a little more leg room, no real discernible difference than coach. Food was bad, service was nowhere close to first class or business class. They had two meal selections but when they got to me there was only one. Mind you, there were only 12 people in first class. There is absolutely no inflight entertainment. Very odd for a modern carrier. Flight attendant told me they got rid of inflight players because of the cost and weight. Seriously, if that is why they got rid of it, then they are apparently the only ones. If they are cutting costs that much, I'd rather fly another airline who cares about the passenger experience. If flying coach, probably ok if you get a really good deal. If business or first class, definitely not worth it.

US Airways Customer review :  16 September 2013 by M Douglas    (Switzerland)

Flew Philadelphia - Zurich in economy. Plane was a 767, exactly 26 years old. Quite run-down inside, no in-flight entertainment. I sat in a 'window seat', yet there was no window. Apparently this is a quirk several of the front rows in the old 767s. Food was poor and very little. Guests are offered only a single glass of wine at no charge, and this comes out of a paper bottle. Breakfast consisted of a nothing but a small banana muffin. Cabin crew never came around with water or snacks in between meals. In-flight entertainment was non existent. No magazines offered, except for the US Airways magazine. Their airport Club lounges are little better than their actual flights. No food offered beyond chips and a few olives. Alcohol is strictly limited. I will try to avoid this airline at all costs, particularly as the 767s are scheduled to be in service for another 4 years. Few airlines in the world (apart from the African ones) fly such old aircraft.

US Airways Customer review :  13 September 2013 by G Oliver    (UK)

Flew Manchester to San Francisco via PHL. Plenty of leg room , seats comfortable, food average (but I've had a lot worse). Slight delay at PHL due to thunderstorms. Very disappointed that PHL to SFO (5.5 hours) wasn't deemed worthy of inflight entertainment. This leg of the journey was made worse by the ridiculous attitude of so many UIS fliers who take so much baggage on the plane and then moan because there is no where to store it all. Never met so many rude and selfish people in a long time. Return leg was better, lovely crews on both legs, less whinging , penny pinching US flyers made it a nicer experience. Would use again.

US Airways Customer review :  12 September 2013 by S Guice    (USA)

Flying between Gulfport, MS to New York City. Twice we were delayed due to maintenance. Flight attendants were not pleasant - they were absolutely rude to some foreign passengers. We were first class but had the worst service ever encountered on any airline! Now we are sitting in Charlotte with another delay due to maintenance. I have yet to hear anyone apologize or even care. I will not fly this airline if I can avoid it!

US Airways Customer review :  5 September 2013 by D Thomas    (USA)

Booked to leave FLL to BOS for travel assignment with a connection in Charlotte. At the gate, I was told I would need to check my bag because the flight was very full. After boarding, it was discovered that there was a malfunction. Whilst waiting, we were told there was another malfunction and there would be a 90 minute delay. We were let off the plane and then re-boarded. Put on another flight, this time connecting through PHL. Another delay, but we did get to PHL and left FLL prior to the reported time of departure. Got to PHL, to find out that there was another delay, a gate change, and the flight we were set to take was no longer even on the departure board. Told to check the monitors for flight changes. Ended up sitting in PHL for another 90 minutes, and the gate was filthy. Upon getting to PHL at approximately 1.45am, we were told that our bags never left PHL. It is now 2.58 and our bags just arrived. I have traveled extensively domestically, and this is by far the worst airline I have flown.

US Airways Customer review :  5 September 2013 by Patrick Bos    (Netherlands)

We flew from Amsterdam to Los Angeles with a switch of planes in Philadelphia on 23/8-/2013. Flying back on 6/9/2013, and I must say we are not looking forward to our flight back. We are used to Delta and United and thought lets try US Airways this time around. The flight is quite long, 8 hours and 4.45 hours. The seats were ok, we had enough room as long as the person in front of us did not change his seat setting to lay down. The main thing is the plane we were in flew from Amsterdam to Philly with no personal entertainment, it had overhead screens with poor quality video which you could hardly see from the window seat. I think for such long flights personal entertainment is a must have, we were really disappointed and did not expect this, especially not since we were used to all of that with Delta and United. So we arrived in Philly and the transfer to the new plane went well. We got on our new plane, an A321 from Philly to LA. Flight time 4.45 minutes. Guess what, no personal entertainment onboard, not even an overhead screen. The crew were nice, the food moderate but I will never fly with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Nigel Dodd    (UK)

Manchester to Philadelphia and return, August 2013. I can only assume that the negative comments on this forum come from a very small minority who have had a bad experience with US Airways, or serial complainers, as I can offer nothing but praise for my own family's recent flights with this airline. Our main consideration was how the seats would be for nearly eight hours and I have to say that they were very comfortable with a substantial amount of leg-room. The food on the way out was excellent, not quite so good on the way back but still OK. The personal entertainment on offer was very impressive and the cabin staff polite and friendly. Flights were on time both ways. From my own experience I would certainly recommend this airline for transatlantic flights.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Anna Seymour    (UK)

Flew Dublin - Philadelphia, Philadelphia to Orlando, May 2013. If you are able to spend a little bit more to fly with a different airline, do it. Party of 7 including 3 kids. Staff boarder line rude on DUB to PHL, PHL to DUB flights. Delays PHL to Orlando, Orlando - PHL. Reduced size of plane PHL to DUB and told customers tough luck if you were in the row that no longer existed, total shambles at boarding. Apparently had still been selling the flight at PHL even though massively over booked. In flight entertainment from the ninety's. Will never use them again. We were flying budget, but still can't believe the poor level of service for a budget airline.

US Airways Customer review :  20 August 2013 by A Avram    (USA)

It seems like some things never change since I ended up spending the night in the Philly airport last night. Came in from Punta Cana on a US Airways flight which was delayed getting to Punta Cana. Our flight ended up leaving over an hour late from Punta Cana even though we were told it would only be a half hour delayed. Once arrived in Philly we ran to the gate from security and ended up missing the flight to Tampa. The plane was still at the gate but we were told it was too late. We went to customer service where they did nothing but give me a boarding pass for a flight at 8am the next morning. They claimed it wasn't the airlines fault we missed our connection since our original US Airways flight was delayed. Had to sleep in the Philly airport. US Airways, you disappointed me yet again.

US Airways Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Out of the big US carriers, this one is my favourite. Will miss it as it becomes American and thus a One World partner. The plane on the Atlanta - Hartford (via Charlotte) route was a relatively new A320. I find their first class to have the most legroom out of all the US carriers. The meal was decent and the service at least pleasant. Their wifi system also worked very well.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2013 by J Thomas    (Canada)

My girlfriend and I flew from YHZ-PHL-BDA in First Class last month. All flight attendants were friendly and provided the best service with the limited product that they could. All flights were on time, and there were no baggage issues. No meal on any flight, and zero in flight entertainment on any flight. Drinks were served in plastic cups in First Class. The seats were fine, but US Airways needs to be put out of their misery. I hope that the merger with American goes ahead and the service on the merged airline is stepped up because right now the domestic/ North American product on US Airways is two-star, not three. It is a pastime in Canada to complain about the service on Air Canada. I would encourage everyone who complains about Air Canada to fly with US Airways, they will realize how lucky we are to have Air Canada.

US Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by S Tokay    (USA)

We flew Boston-Philly-Zurich and back. All flights were on time. All personnel, both in the airports an on the flights, were competent and pleasant. The food, considering it was "airplane food" was decent. The seats were a little cramped but typical for economy class. In general we had a very positive experience.

US Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Ajil Mammen    (USA)

1788, CLT to ORD. This is definitely the worst airline. Every flight is delayed. Never taken off on time in the last 3 years. Add to that the rude staff at the counter who usually don't have any information. They keep blaming everything on 'inbound aircraft.' And this is at the hub, Charlotte, where they have plenty of aircraft's to redeploy.

US Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by S Cheskiewicz    (USA)

London Heathrow travel outbound through Charlotte, NC, return through Philadelphia. Both ways a fairly new Airbus A330-300 with great entertainment system and average seating for transatlantic economy class. Our issues with US Airways is not with their international service, it is with their horrific domestic service and the worst customer service experience imaginable. We live less than 2 hours from the Philadelphia airport and spent twice as much time as we did on the plane from London Heathrow to our home. They're cancelled all flights to our local airport and after 13 hours in an airport less than 2 hours from our home we had to rent a car (at our own expense) to drive home because US Airways cannot complete a transaction. This has happened now 3 times. Avoid Philadelphia completely and be warned that US Airways customer service will treat you horribly.