US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by R Alexander    (USA)

I feel that there is simply no excuse travel on a transcontinental flight and be served no meals, except the horrible choice that you are given and have to buy. Airlines should be required to serve at least one meal without charge when you are flying all of the way across the USA! On the way back, on the last leg of my journey back home to Newport News Virginia, we were not even served water!

US Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Nicolas Simonis    (Greece)

Booked my flight AND free seat selection (8E) on 6/9 for my flight to PHL on the 15/11/13. At check in they gave me seat 24 which was the worst though 8E had been confirmed by US Air. They said that they have no obligation to provide the confirmed seat of my choice! Strongly complained to supervisor via phone, and asked for aisle seat for my return flight on the 8/12/2013. He said plane was almost full and the best he could do was give me an aisle seat, row again 24. Plane was 1/3 full, practically empty and at PHL airport I was given row 12. Inflight service both ways far below average, no comments on food. This airline in no way can compare with European airlines and this was my fourth disappointing experience with this company.

US Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by A Tyler    (USA)

I flew from Honolulu to PHX, and PHX back to Honolulu. I was very disappointed with this airline, my first impression was horrible. Going to PHX from HNL, the flight attendants on US airways were very rude and unprofessional. The aircraft that services HNL is always the 757. It was very squashed, no wifi, 3 by 3 seating configuration on the left and right side, thus no room to move around. The interior of the plane was falling apart, tray tables did not at all stay in the lock position. Lighting, everything seemed out dated. Meal service was horrible, you have to pay for meals where as on Hawaiian Airlines all meals are complimentary. Coming back from PHX to HNL flight attendant and customer service was very outstandingly rude. We were delayed 1 hour because we had to wait on a US air flight attendant who was late. This is unacceptable.

US Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Katharine Coyne    (USA)

My son had a very expensive round-trip ticket for Thanksgiving break: Spokane to Los Angeles with transfers in Phoenix. We confirmed the flights online. We tried to check in at the airport on Dec 1 for the return flight at least 30 min early (6am). My son had only one carry-on and a backpack. Theoretically he could use the automatic kiosk to get his boarding pass and go directly through security. They had already sold his ticket. The woman behind the counter wasted our time. It took 10 more minutes to call the supervisor. They were rude and told us we should have been there 45 min early. They gave my son a standby ticket for flights when the Phoenix transfer was at 9pm with no chance of getting aboard. That would mean he would be sitting at the airport from 6am to 9pm! I had to pay a change of flight fee $225 plus $250 for the next day.

US Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Christie Nunan    (USA)

My two young kids and I flew US Airways over the thanksgiving holiday. All four of our flights were on time, and the connections were all within the same terminal which was a plus. The staff were friendly on every flight as well. On our last flight the airplane didn't have enough seats due to a smaller airplane than expected, so all the passengers in the last ten rows had to be put on different flights. It was obviously an inconvenience, but they did a phenomenal job handling it. They immediately put us on another flight that was leaving at the exact same time, got an airport cart to take us to our new terminal, gave us each $200 vouchers, and delivered our luggage to our home. They were so kind and apologetic, what more can anyone ask for!

US Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by A Gilbert    (USA)

On Columbus Day Weekend from MYR to LGA through CLT, the first flight was scheduled to leave at 2.23 then from CLT to LGA at 4.30. When I got to the airport at Myrtle, the lady at the counter told me my flight was not leaving until 4.50 because of a "mechanical error." I received no notification or email. She put me on a 10 pm flight to LGA without my consent. This is absolutely unacceptable for an airline. She refused to tell me that there were earlier flights available, so I looked myself and found a flight on Delta which left 3 hours earlier. The staff at US Airways are so unsympathetic and simply do not care about the customers. I recommend flying any other airline unless US airways is your only option. The flight attendants refused to apologize for this too. Never again on this airline.

US Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Vanesa Bijol    (USA)

Our flight from Flagstaff to Phoenix was canceled due to fog and our second leg was rescheduled for 12 hours later without ever getting in touch with me to have my permission for this move. I drove to Phoenix to catch my second flight and got there on time but was not able to get on that flight because they already gave away my tickets. Mind you, economy class, over $2.5k for 2 tickets and then you get pushed around whichever way! I wonder whether you just turned around and ripped someone off to sell my tickets and then reschedule me for an overnight trip! Not to mention that the rest of the service was not that hot either. The person on the phone was not so polite or helpful, in addition. Really a huge disappointment, US Airways!

US Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Paul Obyrne    (Ireland)

I started flying with US Airways a few years ago when they offered competitive business class (envoy) fares from Ireland and received a Dividend Miles Gold Card from them two years ago. On 9th November 2013 I flew first class on an internal flight from Tampa to Charlotte. I had to pay $50 to spend one hour in the US Airways Club in Tampa airport, a lounge that does not offer a shower facility. The fact that I was flying first class and holding a US Airways Dividend Miles gold card was irrelevant to the staff at the reception desk there. I will never fly with US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by M Capozzi    (USA)

We flew with one-stop from Boston to Phoenix and then Phoenix to Maui, Hawaii. Each leg of the trip was about 6 hours, so we splurged for 1st Class, assuming it would be more comfortable and have full amenities one would expect at $1,300 per seat (one way). Pulled out my headphones, but found nowhere on the seat to plug into? Was told there were no music, TV, movies or other entertainment options. Wi-Fi was offered at a price, but it still would not allow for any streaming services so what's the point? Staff were polite and matter of fact. Meal was mediocre, even for airline food. No complaint with the beverage service, they realize it's the best way to medicate you. We eventually had 3 each and fell asleep. We had about 40 minutes between flights and they didn't announce the gates for connecting flights at the end of the flight, as many airlines do, for their passenger's convenience. On the ground in Phoenix, we learned that the gate for our second flight to Maui was clear on the other side of the airport, so we hurried with our carry-ons to the far end, some 30 gates away. As soon as we got there, they announced a gate change that flight, which required us to rush right back across the entire airport again, to the gate area where we had started at!! Everyone already at the gate bolted for the far end of the airport along with us. Insane. Even Jet Blue economy is a better flight experience. We will never use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by D Graubard    (USA)

Nov 21, MOB-CLT-ORD. CR7 from Mobile to Charlotte. Flight boarded on time and left 15 minutes early. Flight attendant was nice and let everyone sleep as it was a 6am flight. Landed on time and long walk from Concourse E to B for connecting flight. A321 to ORD - boarded and flight attendant at the door had her back to the door so wasn't greeting anyone. Then the next FA as you walked into the coach cabin was on here cell phone and either ignored the passengers coming in or waved them a "hello". Totally unprofessional and rude. Flight was packed but left on time. Smooth flight and comfortable seats - limited service from FA's. Really will be interesting to see what happens with the merger with AA.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by M Amin    (USA)

I experienced delays inbound and outbound. In cabin satisfaction is dependent on the crew. Flight back to SFO, captain reported 2 tyres needed to be changed. Should be done in 15 mins, comes back with 20 min extensions for total delay of 60-90 mins. No inflight beverage service. Never experienced this on other flights. Good for the crew, they got to sit out. Delayed arrival because of mechanical issue. Flown many times. I would describe myself as a non complainer on flights so far as I have accepted the decline in service in general.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by S Pizzey    (UK)

Manchester UK to Fort Lauderdale, via Philadelphia. Trans Atlantic in Envoy A332. Great seats, and meal was excellent. The service is not to BA or Virgin standards but was never the less very good. Lounge stop over at Philadelphia was very good and economy trip to FLL, on an airbus A321, nice flight with good seats. Return FLL to PHL on an Embraer 195, first time on this plane, and very good experience, 2 plus 2 seating in economy. Club Lounge at PHL was an excellent oasis, although not a patch on BA or Virgin lounges. A332 in Envoy for trip back to UK, was great again, although staff on this flight not as good and the food served was lukewarm and attention to detail was lacking, bread offered after you had eaten the main course! Breakfast omelette and sausage was good. Overall a great Enoy experience once again, I do hope that Envoy brand is retained when the AA/ US merger is complete, otherwise I will miss the US Airways experience, as I can honestly say I have never had a bad flight with them, and I have had quite a few.

US Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

LGA-CLT-SDF-CLT-LGA, with the CLT-SDF segments operated by express carriers. I was worried about the short transit times and the vast CLT RJ complex but it more or less worked out. Departure from SDF-CLT was on a day with miserable weather but US made it out and I made the connection with maybe 1-2 minutes to spare. The LGA terminal is really a pleasure to use with short lines and a nice amount of space near the gates. Staff service was good throughout. Only problem is the lack of BOB even on the mainline flights - just offering nuts and chips is not enough during lunch time and with short connections, there's not really any other choice!

US Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by D Tunak    (UK)

Flight from Heathrow to Philadelphia with a connection to Florida. Flights were on time, the planes (A330 and A321) were clean, modern and the staff on board and on ground were welcoming. The food on board was actually really good! The on-board entertainment was very good other than the touch screen wasn't very responsive, but no big deal! Having read reviews I was quite apprehensive about travelling with US Airways and honestly, I couldn't fault them. Pleasant flight, lots of stewardesses offering drinks, food etc. Would gladly use them again.

US Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by P Maughan    (USA)

Having logged hundreds of thousands of miles world-wide, I would rank my recent experience with U.S. Airways be in the top two of my worst travel experiences. Oakland - Phoenix - New York - Phoenix - Oakland. Eastbound Oakland and westbound New York flights were both late departing (the latter by more than one hour). Nearly missed my eastbound Phoenix connection and actually did miss my westbound connecting Phoenix flight due to late departure from NYC. My Westbound flight took nearly 11 hours, from NYC to Oakland. I could have flown to Europe in that amount of time (less, actually). Promised meal eastbound was not provided, after all. Dinner consisted of a bag of pretzels. Bad news overall.

US Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Leonardo Pavan    (Italy)

MIA-PHLin business class: the seats were nice and spacious, however didn't seem particularly clean. The service was OK, but nothing special, almost surly. PHL-VCE in business class: we had to wait to be airborne before the inflight entertainment was switched, the headphones and the TV screens installed in the individual cradles. Once that was done, the selection was rather limited. The service was OK, the attendants did what they had to do, but there was no enthusiasm in what they were doing overall, above all considering that the plane was half empty in both classes. The food was actually tasty and well presented. The seats a bit temperamental to begin with, and then not too comfortable: they didn't flat out completely, so not too conducive to sleeping. The lounge in PHL was nice, but the food selection there was extremely limited, surely if compared to other StarAlliance lounges around the world.

US Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by S Alex    (USA)

I was in 1C on a US Airways A321. The flight was a little over 5 hours, which was too long to be sitting in this seat. The seat was worn out, and reclined about as much as coach. And seat 1d was completely broken. The meal was average, and the service was poor. I would never pay for these seats and would only sit in them if I got a preferred upgrade.

US Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by A Xifo    (USA)

I flew from Newport News, Virginia to L.A. with a connecting flight in Charlotte. The plane left Newport News about half an hour late and so it looked like I would miss my connecting flight. But I ran all the way from gate E to B9. I arrived at the gate to see that the plane was still taxied and attached to that little bridge walkway to board the plane. It looked like I made it, but when I tried to give my boarding pass to the lady, she very coldly told me I was too late. I tried to plead my case in a calm and rational way, but was told that the next flight was in an hour. It was actually in 2 hours, and when I called her out on it she just smirked.

US Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Rose Waugh    (Canada)

Been flying US Airways for a couple years now and have had nothing but the best of experiences. I base my review by comparing it to my experiences with other airlines - they are in my opinion the most organized airline. My goal when flying is to get from point A to point B and be somewhat on time. With US Airways, my flights have always been as scheduled. Seats are a bit more spacious than with other airlines too. I could not care less if the staff had a smile on their faces or not. Maybe they are like us and are having a bad day every now and again.