US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by I Dzhur    (USA)

LGA to IAH with connection at Charlotte on March 1st. Both flights departed on-time and arrived early. Check-in, boarding went very smooth and I managed to get exit seats on both flights. Cabin crew professional. Only negative point was that the cabin looked tired and not very clean. Hopefully their aircraft's will be refurbished as they merge with AA.

US Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by J Keller    (USA)

My husband and I travel to Belize and Mexico 2-3 times per year with relatively little issues. I have never, in my entire 42 years, had such a horrible experience as I had on 21st Feb with US Airways. Our flight departed Pittsburgh at 5.25 am with no issues and we were to switch planes in Philadelphia to pick up flight #815 to complete our trip to Cancun with a 10.49 am. arrival. There was heavy fog in Philadelphia so we circled the airport for some time before being diverted to Harrisburg. Sat on the tarmac in Harrisburg for several hours with no one telling anyone anything. Around 10 am, they finally taxied us to the airport and let everyone deplane. After standing in line for more than an hour a staff member told us we needed to grab our bags and get on a bus as they were going to drive us 2 hrs to Harrisburg. Arrived at the very end of the drop off zone at the Philadelphia airport at 2 pm, had no idea where we were, or what we were supposed to do. We managed to beg a TSA agent who hustled us through security and we ran to the gate. Got to the gate just after it pushed off so we missed the flight. An hour later, we found out that, not only were we not put on the next flight, we couldn't even get a flight until 10 am the next day. We asked if, because we missed an entire day of vacation and were out the additional cost of a hotel as well as the cost of having to reschedule all of our transportation arrangements at our final destination, if we could switch our return flights from Friday to Saturday and we were told "Of course, you just have to pay the change fees". Any amount of basic, common courtesy would have at least made some kind of difference in this entire situation.

US Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by S Barker    (USA)

March 2014: My flight from Washington DC to California had a lay over in Phoenix AZ. My 9.30 pm connecting flight got delayed, then cancelled due to rain. However, they didn't tell us this information until a long time after it already showed up online as flight being cancelled. The rude customer service staff at the airport were rescheduling probably 150+ flights told us that there were no hotels available or lounges. They did not give us any water, food (restaurants were all closed) or blankets. We sat in the cold airport all night (over 11 hours). We were not allowed to get to our luggage unless we had medication we had to take. I fly a lot, but this is my first and last time flying US Airways. I have never experienced such disorganization, inept and rude customer service representatives, and overall horrible service.

US Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by J Segal    (USA)

PHX-JFK return, connecting to AA international flight in JFK. Both US flights on time and exactly as expected. Both flights on time, service (drink run) multiple times through each flight. Wish they would update the announcement to delete the star alliance portion as they will be exiting EOM. Also feel the onboard announcement for the credit card is tired and should be discontinued.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by R Riedl    (USA)

I recently booked a return flight from LAX to Charlotte. I paid top rate as it was an emergency. Nothing about this airlines wants you to use it again. On my return flight I paid extra to sit in an aisle seat in a designated area. I had hoped the extra $$'s would at least give more space, but no such thing. At the last minute they added people from other delayed flights. They put a woman with an infant in the seat next to me and someone with an infant behind me. There were plenty of single, last-minute passengers they could have put in these seats, but no they put them where we all paid extra to sit. I was practically pushed out of my seat during the entire 5 hours by a fidgeting Mom and infant. Both infants cried non stop for 75% of the trip.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

LAX-PHX-PDX and return last week. All 4 flights departed and arrived relatively on-time, all legs on A321 aircraft. Staff were friendly and attentive but not quite as polished as UA/DL. Star Gold gets you zone 1 boarding which is nice - but that will go away at the end of March as they leave Star Alliance and switch to oneWorld. IFE non-existent but fine for short hauls. They got me from point to point with no frills.

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Mike Vasey    (Canada)

Booked our flight in August 2013 for Toronto to Philadelphia on Feb 15, 2014, 06.45. Checked our flight status the day before our flight. Everything is good but noticed 2 flights to Philly scheduled at same time. Again I checked flight status before going to bed the night before flight. Everything was good. Woke up early (2am) next morning to prepare to go to Toronto airport. Checked flight status one more time. Our flight is cancelled but other flight to is still a go. Got to airport 2.5 hours before flight time. US Airways kiosk would only printout a baggage receipt, no boarding pass. Talked with US Airways rep who said the only flight to Philly was overbooked. Got stand-by boarding passes and waited at the gate for a miracle to happen. Five minutes before our flight was to board, we received seats. We somehow managed to make it to our Philly connecting flight and on to our Puerto Rican cruise. If at all possible, I will not fly US Airways again!

US Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by H Sebastien    (Belgium)

I flew from Brussels (Belgium) to Fort Lauderdale and back, on 16th Feb and 24th. I was supposed to take connecting flights via Philadelphia and Charlotte on both trips. I actually missed my first connection on my way to FLL due to the long security lines, the customs control and the baggage re-checking in PHL. I arrived just a few minutes after my flight to CLT had closed and a very rude lady didn't want to let me board the plane, even though it was still sitting at the gate. She directed me to the customer service desk in a rude manner. I still made it to FLL by boarding a direct flight in the evening, thanks to the professional US Airways customer service lady that rebooked me straight away. I didn't have any problems with my connecting flights on my way back to Brussels. US Airways have poor cabin crew service, very limited in-flight entertainment (operated by old Boeing 767s). I have read many reviews about this airline before flying with them and I was expecting to have some problems. I would not recommend this airline to someone traveling in the future.

US Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by B Orth    (USA)

Yesterday morning we began our return flight to central New York from a lovely vacation in Orlando. We boarded the first leg to Philadelphia without incident around 7.30 am. As we were preparing to land, a crew member announced that Philadelphia was fogged in and not allowing any craft to land or take off. After 30 minutes, it was announced that the plane was being diverted to Richmond for refuelling. An uneventful 45-minute flight and then it was announced that there was some trouble refuelling. Another hour on the tarmac and we took off for Philly. Upon landing, we made our way to the regional terminal to continue our trip to Ithaca, which was still posted as ‘on time. The boarding was switched from gate to gate 3 times. Our departure time was changed twice and finally, the flight cancelled. We stood in line at a US Airways gate and told to go to a service desk for help. We stood in line, a long line, for another 30 minutes at the service desk, to be met by a staff member who told us that she could get us standby on a flight Monday (this was Friday at 3 pm.). The customer service representative offered nothing other than a 3 day wait. There were many things that could have been done to make the experience right. Ground transportation, offer of a hotel, a little compassion but what we got was nothing, no help at all. We will not fly US Airways again.

US Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Anna Goldshteyn    (USA)

This review is based on the first, and only experience with US Airways. I usually fly 4-6 times per year and would not hold the airline responsible for weather related delays. Unfortunately, the airline is not prepared to handle emergencies of any kind. I was supposed to fly February 14 to Costa Rica, flight was cancelled as I was proceeding to board due to "mechanical issues", rescheduled to Sunday. I lost 3 days of vacation without reimbursement. Coming back on February 23rd, my connecting flight from Costa Rica was delayed by 30 minutes. The airline refused to accommodate or even hold the connecting flight. I had to go through Customs, recheck the bag and run to anther terminal all under 45 minutes. I arrived at the gate 10 minutes before scheduled departure time, panting, only to find that my seat was given up to someone else and was I rebooked to the following morning. The Customer Service at US Airways, handed me a number for the hotel, very nonchalant since it was the end of her shift and she was ready to head home. I, on the other hand paid for the cab, checked into a hotel at my own expense. Customer service is completely lacking.

US Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Michell Ruedadeleon    (USA)

I travel a lot for work and always take Southwest. I live in AZ and usually have to fly to east coast / Midwest during bad weather and have never had an issue with delays or the staff and they give you snacks. This time I had to fly using US going to NY and the day of my flight leaving (2/21/14) the weather was warmer, just a little rain and some fog. Every other flight was on time but US. A flight that was to leave at 4.30 and was now not leaving until 8. Horrible service.