US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Richard Dorn    (USA)

We flew Houston-Charlotte-Lisbon (5/24/14). Flight 760 over wasn't too bad, food was ok for coach. It was booked for us by Road Scholar as part of our travel package. I didn't have high expectations, but it wasn't bad for being economy. The return US 761 (6/2/14) was the trip from hell starting with the oldest 757 I've ever flown. Late leaving Lisbon, stupidest security personnel ever encountered. The front economy toilet had been repaired with putty, glue, you name it, didn't work properly. Crew just plain didn't give a flip about passengers or service on board. Luckily both flights were about 50-60% full so you could stretch out. I will avoid this airline like the plague and any variation the merger with AA cooks up - even if I pay extra.

US Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Michael Cohen    (USA)

Manchester UK - Philadelphia - New York. Totally satisfied, great food, modern inflight entertainment, crew was nice, flight delayed by 90 mins - did not bother me. People at the desk in Philadelphia very helpful. Was worried about this trip after reading only negative reviews but I must say, I was very pleased. I fly the US - EU route every month (always a different airline though). I would definitely recommend US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by C Gilbert    (USA)

Never ever use this airline. Took me two days to get from JFK to Oakland instead of the 5-6 hrs it takes normally. Worst flight experience ever.

US Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by S Brown    (USA)

I was very unhappy with my trip - flights delayed both ways, and of course the connecting flight couldn't wait. I made a mad dash across the Charlotte airport from Concourse B to E (or was it the other way round?) to try to catch it though there were less than 5 minutes; I guess I hoped it might be delayed just a little bit too. But no, they don't wait. On the way back two days later, the Charlotte flight was delayed twice, then cancelled, so I got a non-stop to Miami at 7 pm, rather than my original 12.50 flight. More than 6 extra hours waiting in the airport with nothing offered to make up for it. Oh yes, I got switched to American since they're now the same company, but US airways personnel couldn't assign my seat and I had to wait until actual boarding to get a back row seat. I think I will avoid this airline in the future, if at all possible! In-air personnel were very nice about fixing my drink the way I liked it, so I'll rate them higher.

US Airways Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Shelly Clark    (USA)

When I was traveling to Phoenix on 5/29/2014 I had purchased a ticket leaving Spokane at 9am in the morning and arriving at 11.30. However, when I printed out my boarding pass it now showed that I was to arrive at the airport at 6am and arrive in Phoenix at 9.30am. I was now stuck at the airport for 5 hours! I was not notified of the change as had to scramble to find a new ride to the airport much earlier than I had expected! This is very inconvenient! There was no email or phone call to notify that this had changed. When I departed Phoenix on 6/1/2014 I again got my boarding pass and was told to proceed to gate B10. 10 minutes before my flight should have boarded myself and 5 other passengers were looking for someone at the gate for B10 no one was there! We flagged down another airport worker and were notified that our plane was now going out of gate A3! Again, no notification, email or update on the US Airways phone app to let us know that the gate had changed. As it was, I and the other passengers had to run to make the flight departure at gate A3. I am physically able to do this. I know that an elderly passenger would not have been able to make it as it was quite a distance away in the terminal. This is not acceptable. Any changes and corrections in flight times and gates should be updated by US Airways on the website or an email/phone app should be notified. This should lay solely on US Airways to get this information out. As it stands, this was my first and last flight with US Airways and I will go out of my way to NOT fly your airline again. I was not happy with these changes and the inconvenience it provided for me.

US Airways Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Carole Hackett    (USA)

I just came home from a week in Ireland and flew US Air from Shannon to Philadelphia. After spending a week with friendly, helpful, smiling people in Ireland I encountered the least friendly, rudest crew I have ever seen on any flight. The flight wasn't just Americans returning home, but Irish people flying to America for maybe the first time. What a terrible impression they must have made! First of all, they were a mess - they didn't even appear clean. No one said hello, how are you, etc. Food service (and the food) was terrible. Two of the women flight attendants were arguing in the aisle over the beverage cart about how to dispose of cans. I asked for a cup of tea with milk and sugar and got one milk. When I asked for another milk, you would have thought I asked her for champagne. I swear I saw some of them roll their eyes at people. When we arrived, we were welcomed to Philadelphia by "your Philadelphia-based crew" - what a bunch of miserable, unhappy, impolite people. They are all in the wrong profession. On the way off the aircraft, no one said goodbye, have a nice day, or anything. It was my worst flight experience ever. US Airways needs to work on customer service. Another observation was at Philadelphia airport while sitting at the gate for my connecting flight.

US Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by P Skinner    (USA)

What a nightmare. Numerous delays and cancellations both going to and returning from my business destination. Staff rude and unhelpful. Planes dirty. Multiple reports of mechanical difficulties or weather as cause of delays, but no other airline seemed to have weather issues. I needed help getting another flight to get home to my son. The attendant at the gate told me to "Try Delta." Guess what? I will.

US Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by S Stevens    (USA)

While flight was diverted from PHX to CLT, upon arrival in CLT, flight was delayed continually, while changing gates 3 times - for 5 hours! Finally at 1.30 in the morning, they tell us the flight is cancelled because they don't have a Pilot! They left hundreds of people to sleep on the floor of the Charlotte airport. Not even offered a bottle of cold water.

US Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by C Obryant    (USA)

Since February US Air has been an unmitigated disaster. Had 2 early morning flights back to back in Tampa cancelled on 2 brand new Airbus 320. Then a cancelled flight due to a bent fan blade in Ottawa where I then had to spend the night. Ground operations in Charlotte are a joke and even with 2 hr layovers I have had to scramble to make my connections. Then last night in Washington all is good until 30 min before departure then I get the email notice flight is cancelled. Call US Air. Cancellation due to another mechanical issue on a CRJ 200. I then chose to drive the 3 hours home. These US Air personnel are a joke. The passengers are held as hostages with one pack off lies told on top of another. You just hope you show up at your destination the same day you leave.

US Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by J Nicholson    (USA)

Planned family trip to Europe with family, fight from Charlotte to London Heathrow (flight 730) on May 15, 2014. Flight was delayed 4 times then cancelled at 1 am, no hotels in Charlotte due to Nascar race, no help from US Air reps, actually all rude, family had to sleep in airport, got $10.00 food voucher, that buys a lot in airport. Next morning. Put on flight to LaGuardia, almost didn't make because they had our luggage locked up in Charlotte, no one there to unlock until flight time, very stressful, got to LaGuardia, had to pay for cab to JFK, then wait until 6.30 pm for flight to London. Will avoid at all costs.

US Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Huy Nguyen    (USA)

This has been the most stressful trip I have taken. Hearing my flight have been canceled 2 times, waiting at the airport for 6 hours, and having to wait in lines with 100+ people is the worst thing that has happened in all of my trips I've taken with an airline. I reached my mid-way point in Charlotte, North Carolina rushing to my flight that was suppose to take off in 30 minutes. They then announce that the flight has been canceled and that we go visit the service desk. Almost about an hour wait. Once I got to talk to one of the service agents, she was really rude and barely communicated with me. She then found me a flight 4 hours from then. The flight attendants then told us to walk to a different gate to a later time to fly to Nashville. I am never going to be looking at US Airlines to fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  25 May 2014 by M Craig    (Ireland)

Delays on all booked flights. Outward bound - Dublin to Philadelphia, Philadelphia to Vegas. Vegas to LA. Baggage did not make the connection from Phil to Vegas. arrived some hours later. Cabin staff were unfriendly, and quite rude. From Dublin We were sitting at the back of the plane and there was no selection of meal available and we were told "thats what you get when you travel at the back" . I opened my little tub of butter which had been heated to the extent that when I opened it, it was in hot liquid and went all over my hand. I said to the stewardess who was passing by, who could have brought me a napkin to wipe the liquid off my hands - but she sped by saying "oh I know, that happens". Only that I had a tray of food on my lap she would have had more to deal with! We were told by cabin crew that all baggage was to be stored in the overhead lockers or underneath the seat in front. This obviously does not apply to cabin staff whose baggage was piled high on the back centre aisle seats of the plane it was not secured in any way. Their baggage was a danger to all the passengers in that area. Maybe the company should practice what they preach and put staff baggage in the hold. Cabin crew were ungroomed in appearance. Homeward bound to Dublin. Flight from Philadelphia to Orlando delayed, resulting in us overnighting in Orlando , very grateful for the overnight accommodation provided at the Hyatt. Flew to Charlotte the next day for flight to Dublin. Boarding for Dublin at Charlotte was very confused and inefficiently exercised by Gate staff - resulting in delay in take-off. Entertainment delivery was of very poor quality on those flights that had the facility. General impression overall. Very Disappointing.

US Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by B Thomson    (USA)

This flight was conducted like a zoo. Three women with their children on the flight requested to change their seats. Passengers and the flight attendant tried to comply with their request. Actually, they farmed all their kids out and the 3 mothers sat together drinking wine for the whole flight. Their children did not fasten their seat belts until other passengers reminded them too. The plane had to move after attempting to attach the new jetway without success. Nobody instructed the passengers to sit down so people were going to the bathroom, children were jumping on the seats and luggage was in the walkway while they moved the plane to a new jetway. The flight attendant was not looking out for anyone's safety. I could not wait to get off this plane!

US Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by M Lamontagne    (Canada)

Terrible. I had two flights which connected in Philadelphia. The first was 5.5 hours long from San Francisco to Philadephia; no entertainment whatsoever, no complimentary snacks and extremely uncomfortable seats. The second was from Philadelphia to Toronto; delayed 3 hours due to maintenance, all of the food service had closed in that Terminal at 8pm. I had just come off the 5.5 hour flight and was starving. We finally boarded, the flight attendant was very rude. I asked if there was any way I could have any nuts or something as I was so hungry, he rudely said "No, this is a short flight I'm sure you will survive." (There was no other food service offered). The flight was only about an hour: they continually shut off all the lights as if people were to sleep, and they turn all the fluorescents on again - this happened 5 or 6 times within the hour. I will never fly US Airways again unless they step up their game, it was a very unpleasant day.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2014 by J Steinberg    (USA)

Online reservations and ticketing was fine. Check in fine. Philadelphia terminal a filthy, unsanitary mess. Carpet strewn with trash, half eaten food and beverages, dirty seats, burned out light bulbs. Boarding process a shambles. I paid the asking price for my ticket and purchased it long in advance of my flight. I was seated mid cabin on an aisle. There were 5 boarding groups called. How I ended up in the last Group 5 is beyond me. So I ended up stumbling over a planeload of passengers to get to my seat. Inflight, I had the audacity to request a second beverage after finishing my first. I had paid for an inflight meal that was loaded with salt and needed a drink. As the flight attendant was passing through the aisle, I politely asked for another beverage "whenever you get the chance, I know you're busy". The reply: "It won't be any time soon. Water and coffee only". The same attendant walked past 3 times empty-handed before I asked a second attendant for the beverage. I received no reply and was really certain that I hadn't been heard. A few minutes later the drink arrived which is good and bad. Good: I got my drink. Bad: There seems to be no feeling by the attendants that passenger requests need be acknowledged. I have tired and tried with US Airways. American Airlines hasn't helped them one bit. Perhaps to the contrary. Look elsewhere for your transportation needs if at all possible.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Robert Von    (UK)

DUB-PHL-DTW-PHL-DUB on A330-200 & Embraer 175. The aircraft were clean and seemed relatively new. All flights ran early - with the exception on the last one which had a minor 20 minute delay. The US immigration pre-clearance in Dublin was very good. The food was not great, but not bad either and the same goes for the inflight service. The wine was unpalatable. IFE on the A330 was great - lots of new films. No IFE on the short flight, but this is not expected. All in all - good flights and as expected. Nothing to get excited by. US Airways is not a 4 or 5 star airline, but does not seem to claim to be that either. They seem to be on a par with most other North American carriers. I would fly with them again, but would prefer to fly BA or Virgin if I had the option.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Elizabeth Zwierko    (USA)

I flew US Airways from Honolulu to Phoenix and the service and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The staff in Honolulu was fantastic and went out of their way to quickly and efficiently get everyone through check in and onto the flight (there was a huge line at check in). They even checked bags at no cost to help speed along the process. Once on the flight things quickly deteriorated. People were packed in like sardines and we were asked to pay for sleeping packs. With little to no room to move, it was a miserable 6 hrs. Once off the flight the customer service representative was incredibly rude when I asked to be placed on a stand by flight leaving sooner to my final destination. I was forcefully educated that just because U.S. Airways and American airways have merged you cannot schedule or a adjust American flights with U.S. Overall this experience was trying given how much I spent on flights. I recommend Southwest for future flights and warn others to keep clear of flying US Airways or American Airlines.

US Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by D Welsh    (USA)

I cannot begin to tell you how consistently terrible this airline is. I was flying recently from Washington, DC to Portland, Maine. The pilot came over the loudspeaker and said we were going to set down in Philly. A light was going off that indicated that the door was not shut correctly. So we went into Philly where some of us made other arrangements, others had to wait a day. A week later, I was flying from Detroit back to Maine, and had a 2 hour layover in Philly. I thought that this would be ample time to make my next flight, but U.S. Airways missed the connection. When I went to the service counter, they said it would be two days before I could get out of Philly. I went to another counter, and they said it would be a day before I could get out, but that I was on my own for hotel accommodations. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from US Airways.

US Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Sumner    (France)

I was travelling from Paris to Houston for business. As a last minute surprise, my company offered to purchase a domestic ticket so that I could see my family in Pennsylvania, which I gladly accepted. All in all, I flew Paris- Charlotte, Charlotte-Houston, Houston-Dallas, and Dallas-DC. I drove to Pennsylvania from DC. The day before my flight back to Paris, I went online to check-in and noticed that I actually had to fly DC-Philly then Philly to Paris, so I called US Airways to ask if I could simply check-in in Philly. They replied that this would be a $300 up-charge, even though I was asking to eliminate a portion of my journey. I spoke with 3 customer service representatives, and they all told me that since a direct flight was more expensive, that I would need to pay more to fly less. It makes sense when booking a flight online that a direct journey would be more expensive than a non-direct one, but at this point, my seat was already reserved. I was told that this was 'impossible' and that if I didn't check-in in DC, my whole flight would be cancelled. What I understood was that the customer service department is simply unwilling to help their guests. I will never fly with this company again.