US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Maria Brocato    (USA)

A friend and I recently traveled from Louisville to Philadelphia to Barcelona. The initial flight (9/26/13) was fine. On the return trip from Barcelona to Louisville (10/6/13) the situation was very difficult. We were late leaving Barcelona so there was necessarily a rush through Customs and Security. We already had our boarding passes confirmed from the day before. When we arrived on time at the Philadelphia gate to go on to Charlotte our seats had been given away. What raises questions for us is that when we deplaned in Philadelphia an agent handed us a possible change of flights. Was that because our seats were already given away or because we had to go through Customs, etc. and it was unlikely that we would make it?

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by David Stein    (USA)

Philadelphia to Tel Aviv in economy on A 330-200. This is the 3rd time I used US Air's direct flight for my home town, Philadelphia, to Tel Aviv, The plane was new and the seats had adequate leg room. I prefer the 2x4x2 seating configuration on the A 330 over the 2x5x2 or 3x3x3 configuration of the B777. The on demand entertainment system had a good list of programing. The food was not very good, but that is to be expected, and they ran out of one of the breakfast options on the return flight. The best part of the flight, though, were the flight attendants. They were very friendly and professional.

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Santana    (USA)

Flight from CLT to Dublin on a 20 year plus 757-200 in economy. Just like sitting on a bus and the service was poor. On return trip upgraded to Envoy class and other then larger seats, the service and food offerings were not one would expect for the additional cost. Maybe the CEO of this airline needs to take some anonymous trips so he can experience the poor customer service this airline provides. No doubt the CLT to DUB is a money maker for them as the service is poor, the aircraft old, the seats uncomfortable and the flight attendants non accommodating.

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

JFK-CLT-RDU return in early October 2013. US Air isn't officially a budget carrier, but the vibe certainly was budget. Basic amenities, no IFE, limited cash menu. Service was OK, but not very efficient.

US Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Olga Kasparova    (USA)

My husband and I were on US Air flight from Phoenix to Boston. The agent at the gate closed the door 7 minutes before the official departure time. We were already at the gate as he was closing it and he refused to let us on. The reason we were delayed were long lines at check-in, the computer system not being able to find our legitimate reservation, another long line to speak with a live agent, followed by a long line at security. The worst element of this experience was the smugness of the agent when he refused to let us on the plane. I'm a frequent business traveler, I fly every week (and have been doing it for the past 10 years).

US Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by M Powell    (UK)

My husband and I have just returned from a trip to the States, flying from Manchester UK to San Francisco via Philadelphia, then back from Seattle to Manchester. We arrived on time with baggage as one expects but the cabin service experience was poor particularly on the return transatlantic leg. The A330 has an outdated interior and insufficient lavatories. The seat back entertainment was difficult to use and the meals very small. The banana muffin and nothing else for breakfast was a joke. The crew were embarrassed to serve it. Only water, juice and tea were available and no coffee. We have travelled to the Far East several times in recent years and the service provided by Emirates and especially Singapore Airlines was far superior.

US Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by C Weaver    (USA)

I stopped flying this airline years ago for all the reasons cited in this forum. However, I was convinced by my travel agent to reconsider and booked a round trip flight from PHL to DUB. Delays and mechanical issues are par for the course with this airline and they didn't "disappoint." Take off from PHL was delayed three hours. But what has convinced me to never fly with them again is the treatment by the flight crew during both the delay and the flight. I have never experienced a more miserable and inattentive crew in all of my years of flying. What justification does this company have for treating customers in this way? What an awful experience. I will not fly with them again, ever.

US Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Amanda Schoenthaler    (USA)

My husband and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon a few weeks ago. We will never fly with them again! The middle of July comes around and we receive a phone call from US Airways saying they cancelled the flight we booked so we needed to choose a different flight. The only two options available were to either leave and come back the same dates but the travel time was 2 days worth each way, or to leave a day early and get a hotel to be able to make it on the next flight leaving the following morning. The second option was our only reasonable choice out of the two. By leaving a day early this meant that my husband and I were going to have to miss an additional day's worth of work. We asked the agent if we could be compensated with a free hotel stay or for our bags, and her answer was no. When we get to the baggage check in counter they tell us that we still need to pay for our bags. We stood there arguing with them that we already paid for our bags online. 30 minutes later this was finally straightened out. On our way back from Aruba we ran into the same issue with baggage fees (which we ended up having to pay for twice). We fly into Philadelphia to find out that our flight to Chicago has been delayed 5 hours, which puts us getting into Chicago at around 2.00 am. We still had a flight to get on out of Chicago at 8.00 am. They apologize and said it was a staffing issue, and that there were no other flights leaving the airport except that one. This was our first and last time with this airline!

US Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by J Pierse    (Ireland)

I was flying from NYC to Dublin Ireland today with a stopover in Philadelphia. There were no problems with my flight from NYC to Philly, however that's where the luck ran out. There was an issue with downsizing the aircraft at Philly and so numerous passengers were left stranded, I had been told I may have to wait for another flight tomorrow - which thankfully was not the case in the end. Having finally made it onto the flight, and taking off an hour later than expected it didn't take much time to realise it was going to be a long journey home. The aircraft itself was tiny, two lanes of 3 seats each which I have never encountered on an international flight before. It was cramped, the food was awful and the attendants were difficult to deal with, disgruntled and overall not welcoming in the slightest. I'm afraid US Airways won't be getting business from me again.

US Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by N Fonseka    (New Zealand)

Traveled from Honolulu-Phoenix and Phoenix-New York (JFK) which were both 5 plus hour flights. Economy seating on the first flight was cramped and uncomfortable and inflight crew were unfriendly. Felt more like an overnight bus service. Service on second flight was significantly better, but aircraft didn't have any inflight entertainment - not even drop down screens. Chose US Airways due to the cost advantage but next time will spend extra in order to have a much better inflight experience and feel better at my final destination.

US Airways Customer review :  20 September 2013 by D Finer    (USA)

Flight was on time. Flew first class which was a mistake. Other than a little more leg room, no real discernible difference than coach. Food was bad, service was nowhere close to first class or business class. They had two meal selections but when they got to me there was only one. Mind you, there were only 12 people in first class. There is absolutely no inflight entertainment. Very odd for a modern carrier. Flight attendant told me they got rid of inflight players because of the cost and weight. Seriously, if that is why they got rid of it, then they are apparently the only ones. If they are cutting costs that much, I'd rather fly another airline who cares about the passenger experience. If flying coach, probably ok if you get a really good deal. If business or first class, definitely not worth it.

US Airways Customer review :  16 September 2013 by M Douglas    (Switzerland)

Flew Philadelphia - Zurich in economy. Plane was a 767, exactly 26 years old. Quite run-down inside, no in-flight entertainment. I sat in a 'window seat', yet there was no window. Apparently this is a quirk several of the front rows in the old 767s. Food was poor and very little. Guests are offered only a single glass of wine at no charge, and this comes out of a paper bottle. Breakfast consisted of a nothing but a small banana muffin. Cabin crew never came around with water or snacks in between meals. In-flight entertainment was non existent. No magazines offered, except for the US Airways magazine. Their airport Club lounges are little better than their actual flights. No food offered beyond chips and a few olives. Alcohol is strictly limited. I will try to avoid this airline at all costs, particularly as the 767s are scheduled to be in service for another 4 years. Few airlines in the world (apart from the African ones) fly such old aircraft.

US Airways Customer review :  13 September 2013 by G Oliver    (UK)

Flew Manchester to San Francisco via PHL. Plenty of leg room , seats comfortable, food average (but I've had a lot worse). Slight delay at PHL due to thunderstorms. Very disappointed that PHL to SFO (5.5 hours) wasn't deemed worthy of inflight entertainment. This leg of the journey was made worse by the ridiculous attitude of so many UIS fliers who take so much baggage on the plane and then moan because there is no where to store it all. Never met so many rude and selfish people in a long time. Return leg was better, lovely crews on both legs, less whinging , penny pinching US flyers made it a nicer experience. Would use again.

US Airways Customer review :  12 September 2013 by S Guice    (USA)

Flying between Gulfport, MS to New York City. Twice we were delayed due to maintenance. Flight attendants were not pleasant - they were absolutely rude to some foreign passengers. We were first class but had the worst service ever encountered on any airline! Now we are sitting in Charlotte with another delay due to maintenance. I have yet to hear anyone apologize or even care. I will not fly this airline if I can avoid it!

US Airways Customer review :  5 September 2013 by D Thomas    (USA)

Booked to leave FLL to BOS for travel assignment with a connection in Charlotte. At the gate, I was told I would need to check my bag because the flight was very full. After boarding, it was discovered that there was a malfunction. Whilst waiting, we were told there was another malfunction and there would be a 90 minute delay. We were let off the plane and then re-boarded. Put on another flight, this time connecting through PHL. Another delay, but we did get to PHL and left FLL prior to the reported time of departure. Got to PHL, to find out that there was another delay, a gate change, and the flight we were set to take was no longer even on the departure board. Told to check the monitors for flight changes. Ended up sitting in PHL for another 90 minutes, and the gate was filthy. Upon getting to PHL at approximately 1.45am, we were told that our bags never left PHL. It is now 2.58 and our bags just arrived. I have traveled extensively domestically, and this is by far the worst airline I have flown.

US Airways Customer review :  5 September 2013 by Patrick Bos    (Netherlands)

We flew from Amsterdam to Los Angeles with a switch of planes in Philadelphia on 23/8-/2013. Flying back on 6/9/2013, and I must say we are not looking forward to our flight back. We are used to Delta and United and thought lets try US Airways this time around. The flight is quite long, 8 hours and 4.45 hours. The seats were ok, we had enough room as long as the person in front of us did not change his seat setting to lay down. The main thing is the plane we were in flew from Amsterdam to Philly with no personal entertainment, it had overhead screens with poor quality video which you could hardly see from the window seat. I think for such long flights personal entertainment is a must have, we were really disappointed and did not expect this, especially not since we were used to all of that with Delta and United. So we arrived in Philly and the transfer to the new plane went well. We got on our new plane, an A321 from Philly to LA. Flight time 4.45 minutes. Guess what, no personal entertainment onboard, not even an overhead screen. The crew were nice, the food moderate but I will never fly with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Nigel Dodd    (UK)

Manchester to Philadelphia and return, August 2013. I can only assume that the negative comments on this forum come from a very small minority who have had a bad experience with US Airways, or serial complainers, as I can offer nothing but praise for my own family's recent flights with this airline. Our main consideration was how the seats would be for nearly eight hours and I have to say that they were very comfortable with a substantial amount of leg-room. The food on the way out was excellent, not quite so good on the way back but still OK. The personal entertainment on offer was very impressive and the cabin staff polite and friendly. Flights were on time both ways. From my own experience I would certainly recommend this airline for transatlantic flights.

US Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Anna Seymour    (UK)

Flew Dublin - Philadelphia, Philadelphia to Orlando, May 2013. If you are able to spend a little bit more to fly with a different airline, do it. Party of 7 including 3 kids. Staff boarder line rude on DUB to PHL, PHL to DUB flights. Delays PHL to Orlando, Orlando - PHL. Reduced size of plane PHL to DUB and told customers tough luck if you were in the row that no longer existed, total shambles at boarding. Apparently had still been selling the flight at PHL even though massively over booked. In flight entertainment from the ninety's. Will never use them again. We were flying budget, but still can't believe the poor level of service for a budget airline.

US Airways Customer review :  20 August 2013 by A Avram    (USA)

It seems like some things never change since I ended up spending the night in the Philly airport last night. Came in from Punta Cana on a US Airways flight which was delayed getting to Punta Cana. Our flight ended up leaving over an hour late from Punta Cana even though we were told it would only be a half hour delayed. Once arrived in Philly we ran to the gate from security and ended up missing the flight to Tampa. The plane was still at the gate but we were told it was too late. We went to customer service where they did nothing but give me a boarding pass for a flight at 8am the next morning. They claimed it wasn't the airlines fault we missed our connection since our original US Airways flight was delayed. Had to sleep in the Philly airport. US Airways, you disappointed me yet again.

US Airways Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Out of the big US carriers, this one is my favourite. Will miss it as it becomes American and thus a One World partner. The plane on the Atlanta - Hartford (via Charlotte) route was a relatively new A320. I find their first class to have the most legroom out of all the US carriers. The meal was decent and the service at least pleasant. Their wifi system also worked very well.

US Airways Customer review :  19 August 2013 by J Thomas    (Canada)

My girlfriend and I flew from YHZ-PHL-BDA in First Class last month. All flight attendants were friendly and provided the best service with the limited product that they could. All flights were on time, and there were no baggage issues. No meal on any flight, and zero in flight entertainment on any flight. Drinks were served in plastic cups in First Class. The seats were fine, but US Airways needs to be put out of their misery. I hope that the merger with American goes ahead and the service on the merged airline is stepped up because right now the domestic/ North American product on US Airways is two-star, not three. It is a pastime in Canada to complain about the service on Air Canada. I would encourage everyone who complains about Air Canada to fly with US Airways, they will realize how lucky we are to have Air Canada.

US Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by S Tokay    (USA)

We flew Boston-Philly-Zurich and back. All flights were on time. All personnel, both in the airports an on the flights, were competent and pleasant. The food, considering it was "airplane food" was decent. The seats were a little cramped but typical for economy class. In general we had a very positive experience.

US Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Ajil Mammen    (USA)

1788, CLT to ORD. This is definitely the worst airline. Every flight is delayed. Never taken off on time in the last 3 years. Add to that the rude staff at the counter who usually don't have any information. They keep blaming everything on 'inbound aircraft.' And this is at the hub, Charlotte, where they have plenty of aircraft's to redeploy.

US Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by S Cheskiewicz    (USA)

London Heathrow travel outbound through Charlotte, NC, return through Philadelphia. Both ways a fairly new Airbus A330-300 with great entertainment system and average seating for transatlantic economy class. Our issues with US Airways is not with their international service, it is with their horrific domestic service and the worst customer service experience imaginable. We live less than 2 hours from the Philadelphia airport and spent twice as much time as we did on the plane from London Heathrow to our home. They're cancelled all flights to our local airport and after 13 hours in an airport less than 2 hours from our home we had to rent a car (at our own expense) to drive home because US Airways cannot complete a transaction. This has happened now 3 times. Avoid Philadelphia completely and be warned that US Airways customer service will treat you horribly.

US Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by A Chryssos    (USA)

The plane was old, all toilets except one in first class stopped working 2 hours before we landed on a transatlantic flight from Philadelphia to Athens, Greece. The food was not edible, the flight attendants were rude! The entertainment system was ancient and the movie stopped 3/4 of the way and could not continue. My nephew traveled a few days earlier and had similar complaints. My worst transatlantic flight in the 50+ years I've been going back and forth!

US Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by B Nichita    (Switzerland)

GVA-FRA-CLT-BOS on 1 August. I am tall, 196 cm. Surprisingly the flight FRA CLT was comfortable, the seat pitch was ok, I didn't put my legs on the aisle. Flight on time. The second flight was delayed 1 hour, due to weather conditions, which was totally understandable. Return was SFO-PHL-ZRH, here I was lucky to have on the both flights the bulkhead seats which have a lot of space. The food was average, but this is not an important factor for me. Generally I had a very good experience with US Airways!

US Airways Customer review :  12 August 2013 by M Freeman    (USA)

SEA-CLT-HHH return. Not a single flight was on time. Crews were indifferent at best, and otherwise berating their employer to passengers. Their primary interest was in getting credit card applications. Seats were extremely tight in first, noticeably less pitch than narrowbody flights on United or American. No entertainment, no power outlets. The food was tragic on the outbound, edible on the return, but served without linens and with a paper napkin. No milk for coffee on domestic flights. Although I had a revenue first class ticket for $1700, US Airways still wanted me to pay extra for better seats on each flight(!) The Charlotte hub was a mess, signs were broken, moving sidewalks inoperable, and my gates changed on the spur of the moment in each direction. Bags took close to 45 minutes to be unloaded in Seattle, about 20 minutes in Hilton Head.

US Airways Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Mikael Rasmussen    (Denmark)

We had flown with SAS to Amsterdam, and US Airways should take us to Philadelphia and then Seattle. On our returning trip back we started at LA with stops in Philadelphia and Frankfurt. On our trip to Seattle our flight from Philadelphia to Seattle was cancelled due to mechanical issues, so we had to wait a couple of hours and take a connecting flight through San Francisco. My baggage had somehow been lost in Philadelphia - so did not receive it until the day after I arrived. The same thing happened on my way back, I was obligated to hand over my hand baggage when boarding. I have flown many different companies through the years, but this is the worst experience. The inflight service was okay - but bagage handling was apparently non existent.

US Airways Customer review :  9 August 2013 by R Gregory    (USA)

Been in Charlotte NC for 8 hours of delays, been put on different flights only to be turned away with plane still sitting there by there rude gate employees with no manners and no customer service.

US Airways Customer review :  6 August 2013 by A Dewey    (USA)

US Airways itself was not too bad. The problem was the smaller airlines they contract to. Boston to DC (Reagan) - not too bad, was on time at least. DC to Chicago - delayed, but no idea why. Sat in Chicago for 2 hours, boarded, deplaned, boarded again - they "couldn't find the pilot". Finally got to Des Moines. Two days later, Des Moines to Charlotte - delayed, no idea why. While waiting for my carry-on to be retrieved from "valet checking" so I could make my connection to Philadelphia, the gate attendant was quite rude when I asked the status of my connection. Ran through the airport to make the connection, then sat on the plane for 30 minutes. Was also told that I would need to check my carry-on, because there was "no room" in the overhead compartment. When I boarded, most of the overhead compartments were open - several were empty, most were less than half full. Had to collect bag from baggage claim when I got to Philadelphia, but at least I didn't have to pay for it. Philadelphia to Boston was slightly delayed because of a check engine light that came on after we were all boarded. They did manage to get maintenance in fairly quickly and apparently got the problem resolved - but this was US Air, not a smaller airline. I'm going back to Southwest and Jet Blue - cheaper, more reliable, more customer oriented, and they keep better track of their pilots.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

FRA-PHL-SFO. Total mess - 2 of 4 FRA-originating flights delayed due to weather, apparently. My FRA-PHL flight delayed 2 hours, missing the PHL-SFO connection. About 100 people in line to the ticket desk in FRA because the FRA-CLT flight was delayed 7 hours. Called US Airways and was rebooked within 5 minutes. Excellent customer service. US Airways flights depart from by far the worst part of FRA airport (and one of the worst areas of any airport anywhere). No food, no shops, nothing - gate was changed unannounced, then everyone was asked to leave the gate area to be re-checked. As I said, complete mess by both airport and airline staff. In the end, flight arrived PHL 2 hours late as expected. PHL-SFO flight also delayed, without reason or apology by 2 hours, meaning arrival to SFO at a cringeworthy 1.30am. Bag thankfully redirected and I have to admit, service by flight attendants great throughout and good iFE on the FRA-PHL flight.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by A Snelling    (USA)

Flew PHL-CDG and CDG-CLT in Economy. US Air was the low cost carrier for this route, and it showed. Food was fundamentally inedible, but I was grateful to have brought my own. Crews were mostly friendly and helpful. Flight seemed to be a non-stop sales pitch to buy duty free, upgraded snacks, etc. I thought several times that this unnecessarily disturbed what could have been a serene flight. Had the new Airbus planes both ways. Someone had broken off the tip of their headphones in the receptacle, and the poor FA could not remove it even after returning with tweezers. Thus, I could not use the AVOD for the entire eight hour flight. US Air got me there mostly on time, but this was not a very enjoyable or peaceful experience.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by G Antonio    (USA)

Have mixed feelings about the airline. I think they have decent flight service. I took the Dublin - PHL route and was surprised by the cheerful service aboard. Food was good and there was free wine (United needs to learn about this). My domestic connection got delayed and the personnel were not very helpful with the situation (I tried to get in an earlier flight and they did not help with it). I ended up flying that segment with Jet Blue and complain later. The customer service representative received the feedback and took actions about it. I would still recommend them, particularly for international flights.

US Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by M Robinson    (USA)

CLT-FRA-CLT. I love flying US Airways direct (hate PHL). Good service - the newer A330's are a great improvement. Good service and value.

US Airways Customer review :  1 August 2013 by N Chartrand    (USA)

Kona-ABQ via Phoenix in first class. US Airways first class is worse than some coach seats I have been in. The seat in front of me was rubbing against my legs (I would expect this in coach, but in first?). One drink run before take off and not another one for 4 hours. The meal was edible but very small and disappointing. On the second flight the crew was nicer but than again they are not US airways because the flight was operated by skywest. I had a 3 hour layover in Phoenix and even though I had paid for first class, I was only allowed into the lounge if I gave them more money.

US Airways Customer review :  31 July 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

SFO-PHL-FRA, trying US Airways for the first time after being rebooked "from" them onto other airlines due to delays. Surprised with how decent they are. Both flights had roomy (though not very comfortable) seats, excellent service on-board, and arrived on time/early. Acceptable food on the PHL-FRA and even free wine - not that it's any good. IFE system is excellent on the A330s. Would fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by A Johnston    (USA)

Very frustrating experience with US Air when flying to Glasgow last week. Our traveling parties were meeting in PHL to connect to the same transatlantic flight. Both flights delayed due to weather, but they go in to PHL at around the same time. Our flight then sat out on the tarmac for 1.5 hrs because they didn't have a gate for us. While we were stuck out there, the captain kept saying all flights out were grounded so we would make our connections, but that wasn't true as mine left, leaving me stranded. Next flight waited for passengers to come in from a delayed flight. Why couldn't they do that for me? I finally made it to Glasgow the next day via London but missed the first day of vacation. On the way back, our flight was delayed 2 hours due to maintenance and the next one was as well. On top of all this, the staff were rude, pushy and the flight attendants were surly, the meals were gross, and the TV sound did not work throughout, so that was 7 hours with nothing to watch. They also kept running out of drinks and food by the time they reached our seats. If I can help it, I will never fly US Air again!

US Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Zahra Ghafari    (USA)

Left LAX on Saturday to take my daughter to Providence. Flight delayed and we missed out connecting flight to providence was stranded in Philadelphia. They did not offer any help and just gave us new tickets to come back to airport next day. Sunday morning went to airport realizing that they had booked my 16 daughter on a different flight to DC! Ended up renting a car and driving. Went back to airport on Monday 7/22 to catch my flight to LAX. Flight from Providence was late again and I missed my connection again. Was re-routed to Phoenix and stayed on the plane for 3 hours for bad weather and missed the connection from Phoenix to LA. Stranded in Phoenix again and finally made it to Orange county airport on Tuesday.

US Airways Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Antony Sykes    (USA)

Choice Seats aren't choice at all. We flew a 6pm to midnight flight from Philadelphia to Glasgow on 17 July 2013. We paid $99.00 each for "Choice" seats 24A and 24B. These were considered choice seats by the airline because they are Emergency Exit seats with the extra leg room. Unfortunately they are directly behind the lavatories. The cabin lights were dimmed, we took out our blankets and pillows, closed our eyes and someone opened the lavatory door, flooding our seating area with glaring florescent light. Our plans for catching a nap were ruined.

US Airways Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Steve Ralls    (UK)

Flew London to Philadelphia then on to Greensboro NC and return. Outbound the first leg was excellent. The connecting flight to PTI was delayed as there was no fuel in the aircraft, then an engine failed on start up. The Captain kept us informed as the engineers tried to fix it and an hour later we boarded a replacement airframe. On the return, there was an hour delay at Philadelphia due to the aircraft being "too hot in the cabin" as it had been sat in the sun all day but the staff kept us informed of progress. What I did appreciate was that the bags went straight through and were ready to collect straight away. There is always room for improvement but I think these guys should focus a bit more on the maintenance - get the aircraft ready earlier and make sure it is serviceable before the flight - not wait until everyone is at the gate waiting to board.

US Airways Customer review :  20 July 2013 by I Hernandez    (USA)

DFW to Phoenix, 6/30/13. Then from Phoenix to San Diego, because of fog problems the plane could not land so they re-routed us to Phoenix. During this time I had a connection flight leaving San Diego and my husband and I missed our connection flight leaving San Diego to Hawaii. I went to the Phoenix counter to just get a brush off and were told that another flight was leaving San Diego to Hawaii that day. By the time we arrived in San Diego that morning we had been left stranded. I will never take a flight to San Diego nor will I fly US Airways. They offered to fly us out 2 days later. I had to purchase a whole new ticket that night to get us to our destination.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Caroline Bonacci    (USA)

Every time I book a flight I promise myself that I will not use US Airways again. Unfortunately, they are the only airline that fly into Hilton Head Island, so we are captive to them. Once again, they have cancelled our flight from the island into Charlotte and we will not make our flight to Phoenix. The explanation given was "weather" in Charlotte. Doppler radar says 30% chance of rain in Charlotte during the time we would have been there. The only thing I hate worse than a cancelled flight is a blatant lie about the reason the flight was cancelled. No compensation given at all. Can't get out until tomorrow.

US Airways Customer review :  18 July 2013 by A Austin    (UK)

Dublin to Charlotte (5th July 13), Charlotte to Dublin (12th July 13). Disappointment at both flights but especially Dublin to Charlotte: 1) ran out of earphones so no entertainment for 8 hours. 2) one of the toilets out of order for full flight. 3) another toilet ran out of toilet paper. 4) hot breakfast ice cold. Return flight - my wife asked if we could upgrade but were told flight full. Expected to depart at 6.20pm but did not board until approx 7pm despite on-time advised. Made to sit on plane while we waited for passengers from another flight who had missed their flight to Paris - eventual departure 8pm. Some of these were put in first class although we had been told flight full with no upgrades!

US Airways Customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Reed    (USA)

Have always traveled using U.S. Airways usually from Charlotte, NC to NYC. Last year entrusted them with our 16 year old traveling alone to Paris for a month. This year, we traveled as a family to Paris and will be using them again in August as they now have a direct flight from Charlotte, NC to Dublin, Ireland. Have never had any trouble with this airline. Luckily, no bad weather so flights have always been on time. My only complaint is on domestic flights they let people with huge carry-on luggage board and they fill up the available overhead spaced. I have had to check my regulation size carry on bag on a couple of occasions for lack of room. They don't seem to care what size your carry on bag is. Also, food is awful, but this is probably true of most airlines. Staff have always been friendly and helpful.

US Airways Customer review :  11 July 2013 by A Ramos    (USA)

Two days trying to get from LGA to MEM, through DC. Flight from DC to Memphis was delayed 2 hrs, then they put us on the plane and after 2 hrs seated they cancelled the fight. Trying to get back to NY, after 2 hours inside the plane they cancel again. They put me on another flight to NY, which finally left after another additional 2 hrs delay. Next day: try to get to Memphis again, LGA-CLT ok, but the second flight CLT-MEM was 2 hrs delayed again. Staff unhelpful and rude. Will never use their service again.

US Airways Customer review :  8 July 2013 by S Ramaswamy    (India)

PHL-SDF and SDF-PHL. Flights were on time on both occasions. Comfortable flight and we had a pleasant crew member both ways. US Airways operates small aircraft on this sector, so the interiors were cramped but overall, good experience considering that this was one of the few direct flights between PHL and SDF and the flight duration's were just over an hour and half each.

US Airways Customer review :  5 July 2013 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

EWR-PHL-FRA: Ground staff on EWR were friendly and made efforts to put me on an earlier flight as the original flight to PHL was delayed. PHL-FRA was a brand new Airbus 330, in fact only 4 weeks old so the aircraft itself was in order except the staff. Apart from one crew member, all others were rude and any request from passengers seemed like bother. Apart from surly crew, drinks were available for free except alcohol and food was just awful. On positive note the AVOD has good selection and soft drinks available in gallery. I would avoid US Airways because of the attitude of crew and bad food.

US Airways Customer review :  5 July 2013 by L Riccolo    (USA)

Flight from Charlottesville VA to Chicago cancelled due to mechanical issues. Put on a flight the next day and given the worst seats on the plane even though there were seats available for a $25 up charge. Given the run- around. Talked to 5 different people and everyone said someone else should be able to do it. Never again.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

FRA-EWR: Outbound flight was old Boeing 737 instead of Airbus A330. Ground staff at FRA are friendly. Once boarded, the flight was delayed 35 mins and information given by captain. It was all aged male crew. The crew were polite and friendly enough to cater most of the needs. The big change I experienced that drinks were unlimited compared to past where you had to buy drinks. Crew made about 3 to 4 rounds for drinks and later only seen during breakfast round. Being an old aircraft there were no personal TV but they played three different movies on those ceiling attached TV's. They also loaded my requested meal which was compared to none but trash. All in all, experience could have been much better if they provide Airbus aircraft.

US Airways Customer review :  3 July 2013 by K Mahoney    (USA)

Flight from Charlotte to Rome, June 20. Rude crew, no manners, 6 staff frowned, and looked like we were bothering them by simply being there. No hello, no you're welcome, just gruff minimal words. Not one crew member said 'thank you for flying with us", etc as we disembarked. Just stood there watching all the passengers leave the plane. Return trip was July 1, 2013 - service was just as bad. We went through Philly and had same negative and rude treatment on the ground. They cancelled our Philly - Hartford flight. We had to wait over 5 hours for our connection. One person only on the entire Rome - Philadelphia flight said thank you and was pleasant. On a positive note, the crew from Philadelphia to Hartford were very nice.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by A Shannon    (USA)

Will never fly with US Airways again. Everyone boarded and was kept on flight for an hour due to maintenance problems. Temperature in Phoenix while stuck on the flight was over 100 degrees. We were kept waiting on the flight for an hour. Water was brought around but it was poured into cups. We were not given full bottles. Turns out there was an issue with a window. Flight was delayed an hour, then a couple more hours. Currently flight is pushed back to 6 pm with an original 10.45am departure time.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Brian Bongard    (USA)

Wilmington, NC to Philadelphia and Philadelphia to Burlington Vermont. First flight delayed for 'maintenance' a couple of hours, then finally canceled. Then booked on evening flight at 7.40pm. That flight canceled due to weather. Finally I took a flight the next morning at 6.40, arrived to my destination a day late. My return trip, scheduled for 5.40 pm but there was a delay. Counter personnel could not give straight answers or decent advise. No other flights, had to pay out for a hotel room that's not covered due to weather cancellation. Got an email confirmation on a 6.50am flight the next day, I showed up to the counter and they did not have me on that flight. Now I'm booked on a 7.50 flight to Washington DC and a 1.50 flight home. I will make US Airways my last choice.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by L Hernandez    (USA)

6/16/13. Flew from San Francisco, CA to Cancun, MX via Phoenix. You have to check in your self, they don't have a counter person to help you with check in at least not at San Francisco. I was traveling with my family total of 7, 3 adults and 4 Kids, it was not easy at all. US airways employee's were rude and not very helpful. If you want a snack you need to pay for it, all they offered on a 5 hours flight was coffee and water. Will never use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Shirley Ahart    (USA)

LAX to Rome via Philly. The trip there went smoothly, but there was weather coming home which delayed our flight. However, we had a 3 hour lay over in Philly and arrived with 2 hours to make the connecting flight. When we presented our boarding passes we were told that our seats were cancelled, as they didn't think we would make the flight. I was traveling with my elderly mother so I insisted that they get us on that flight. In the end, they found seats for most of us, but I had to sit separately from my mother and kids. To add insult to injury, some people did not get on the flight, although there were still empty seats. They cancelled our seats and put us all through turmoil for nothing. Our gate was also changed with no notice, and at one point they had 3 flights waiting in one boarding area. No organization, and I have flown with them for the last time.

US Airways Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Linda DeBrito    (USA)

Every flight I had scheduled had a major problem. Flight from Harrisburg to Philadelphia was immediately declared as 1 hour delay. While waiting we were told that we would be on time and they boarded us after several passengers had already been deferred to other flights. We sat on the plane for 25 minutes. Pilot notified that we would be leaving. Pilot then asked all of us to leave the plane again. We left the plane and returned to waiting area. While waiting for information regarding our flight to Philadelphia, I was called to redirect my flight from Harrisburg to Charlotte, NC, to Sacramento. I would be arriving 2 hours later than my original schedule. (Previously 8.45, now 10.45). We finally arrived in Sacramento and when arriving at gate the pilot found another US Airline in our arrival gate. We sat for 20 minutes. We sat for at least 20 minutes waiting for availability of a gate for our plane to arrive. I got home at midnight, originally would have arrived by 9.45. I was called to desk and transferred to a flight to Charlotte, NC. I was to arrive at my original destination, Sacramento, over 2 hours later than my original flights.

US Airways Customer review :  25 June 2013 by R Jac    (USA)

Cleveland to Fort Walton Beach via Charlotte. Both flights delayed. Once we boarded the second flight, we sat on the runway for 45 minutes while mechanics changed a tyre. Coming back I flew Pensacola to Cleveland via Charlotte. Actually got in early to Charlotte around 5pm but found out that another US Airways plane took our gate so sat on the runway for 40 minutes. Connecting flight to Cleveland departed at 5.50. Needing to get off the plane, I asked the flight attendant how much longer because I was going to miss my flight. She said they have no control over missed flights. Very rude and not accommodating at all! Once I finally got off the plane at 5.40pm I ran though the airport to make my flight to Cleveland. With 20 seconds to spare we made it. But I will never be flying US Airways again!

US Airways Customer review :  25 June 2013 by F Groh    (USA)

Flew First Class from PHX to EWR round trip. Outgoing flight weather delayed 3 hrs (not their fault). Food inedible and served cold. Unbelievable for First Class. No entertainment, no headphones, etc. Not a quiet flight either since the 2 attendants sitting nearby in the jump seats were chattering for the entire flight when not serving. Return flight food slightly edible, similar to coach several years ago. Gate agent failed to flag luggage as First Class, so it was delivered last. Very bad experience, especially coming off a First Class flight on Hawaiian Air which was very pleasant.

US Airways Customer review :  22 June 2013 by R Stanton    (USA)

St. Louis to Orlando via Charlotte. First flight left late and they made no effort to hold our connecting flight (on the same carrier). Provided no information on gate changes, and we missed our meetings. Got up at 3am only to end cooling our heels in Charlotte all day. Will never book with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by J Gamman    (USA)

London-Charlotte connecting Charlotte-San Francisco. As others have said, Envoy service LHR-Charlotte was fine. Bad things happened once we arrived in Charlotte. Plane sat on tarmac for 30 minutes in queue. Then a large storm arrived, as plane had not departed on time, we were caught in the storm. Sat on tarmac for nearly 2 hours. Pilot told us every 15 minutes that "Plane returning to gate for hail inspection". Once parked at gate, after 2 hrs, pilot told us: "Leave plane if you want, just take boarding pass". We followed this advice. After 15 minutes in terminal, called airline to ask if we could rebook, given uncertainty, and they said, BTW, the flight is cancelled. Gate staff would not let us back on plane to collect carry-on's. We re-booked on another flight. We were told it would depart from Gate 15, then Gate 8, then Gate 15, then back to Gate 8. Flight finally left 2 hours late. None of our bags arrived, even though airline had 2 hours to transfer to new flight, and we were assured this would occur. Waited in long line at 1am to file lost baggage report. Our last flight with this airline. Food on domestic legs inedible, no inflight entertainment.

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Jill Milligan    (USA)

It started badly when we arrived at the airport to discover that US Airways had separated my husband and me from each other - for an international flight. The ticket agent was rude and inflexible. It culminated on the return trip where we were again separated. The TV/video system does not respond to touch and in order to make something happen you practically have to pound on the screen - obviously affecting the person sitting in the seat in front of you. The restrooms were filthy. Our flight was canceled from PHL to IND because of weather and the agents rescheduling us were rude. We were re-scheduled for a flight 12 hours later which turned out to be the best scenario for our group (43 of us). Most of us had luggage that did not make it until the next day. I truly do not know how US Airways continues to operate with customer service being so poor.

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Y Bacote    (USA)

If you are disabled don't fly US Airways. I made the mistake of booking a non direct flight instead of a non-stop flight. Flight delayed over an hour in Philadelphia. I sat on the plane for an hour, unable to leave to get some food as the transporter had already left. The flight attendant did offer me some water, apple juice, chips and salsa free of charge. Flight left Boston at 11.30 and did not leave Philadelphia until 3 or later. When we finally arrived in Atlanta after 5.” Unfortunately, the wheelchair service was terrible. Very disappointed!

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Helen Chambers    (USA)

Flew in from Frankfurt connecting in Philadelphia, had a first class ticket, with my husband went to the lounge, problems getting in then waited 4 plus hours for flight to San Diego. Went to the gate and there seemed to be a problem, they announced that they were having personnel issues waiting for a crew member to arrive - this was at 8pm (flight to leave at 8.25pm). Flight then cancelled and we were told to get a hotel and rescheduled the flight next day at 6pm, no first class and had to pay $250 out of pocket to stay overnight. Next flight awful, flight attendants rude sour. Will never fly US air again!

US Airways Customer review :  14 June 2013 by Ashley Harris    (USA)

Kansas City to Seattle with a stop in Phoenix. On the day of my flight I got ready, went to the airport and was helped by a lovely woman at the check in counter, had no problems checking in my 2 bags and then went to wait for the plane. It was on time and ready to go, had no issues with my carry on luggage and had a pleasant flight to Phoenix, the staff member doing the intercom system was even showing us interesting things that were outside the window. Plane in Phoenix was on time as well, the staff onboard were courteous and fun. My bags arrived to Seattle.

US Airways Customer review :  14 June 2013 by N Filchev    (USA)

Flight ZRH-PHL on a 767. As noted in other comments, those planes are very old, with no individual in-flight entertainment modules in Economy class. The overhead monitors are just a few, so unless you are seated close to them, you need to have very good eyes to see what's going on, selection of movies was pathetic. I am 6'3', but the seats were actually rather comfortable and roomy, albeit worn out. Only complimentary alcohol is wine (from a carton?). Crew was polite, although certain members did have a bit of an attitude. Overall, US Airways will get you to your destination (often cheaply), which is what matters for most passengers.

US Airways Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Brendan McGuinness    (Ireland)

I've just come back from a 2 week trip to the US from Ireland. I bought return flights to Boston with a connection through Philadelphia. On arrival in Philadelphia (which is a hub for US Airways seemingly), our connection was cancelled with no notice to passengers waiting at the gate. 20 mins after the flight was due to go the sign above the gate was still saying 'On Time'. We were told initially that all other flights were booked out that evening except for another 6 hours later, which had no guarantee's of leaving. Eventually exhausted we agreed to layover for the night in a nearby hotel on US Airways expense. We flew the next days 18 hrs late. On our return flight via Philadelphia we were delayed on the runway 2 hours in Boston and arrived in Philadelphia 5 mins before our connection was to leave. They never held back the flight even though a substantial number of flights from Boston that evening had a large number of people travelling on that flight. Again we had to layover for the night. It was 24 hrs later before we flew out. Amongst all of this mayhem we came across the most rudest, uncaring and incompetent Customer representatives I've come across. I will never fly with this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  12 June 2013 by V Bland    (USA)

Quebec City to Philadelphia. The plane was late so several customers had to be rescheduled. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to check in 17 customers. The ticket agents were steadily working, but it seemed the system for that airport was either antiquated or they had difficulty receiving/sending current information. Not sure if the fault was with poorly trained agents or a lousy system, but the wait time was inexcusable. Then once we (finally) got on the plane, we were delayed another 20 minutes while the baggage handlers arranged and rearranged the luggage in the storage area below the cabin. That extra 20 minutes caused us to miss our connecting flight. Not a good experience.

US Airways Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Qiangju Xiao    (USA)

Flight from Boston to Charlotte delayed for weather, a lot of passengers had a tight connection time. The staff made no effort for suggesting passengers who need connection to deboard first in order to catch the next flight. Had to spend a whole night waiting for the flight the next morning.

US Airways Customer review :  10 June 2013 by S Colon    (USA)

Sky Harbor Phoenix to DFW this past Thursday. Flight crew were rude to passengers. We board the plane and taxi to the runway. After 20 minutes the pilot announces that due to electrical malfunctions we would be returning to the gate to allow maintenance onboard. This seemed understandable. Once we returned to the gate they opened the plane doors. After 15 minutes both pilots exited the plane. I took this opportunity to grab my cell phone to send a text message to my husband who would be picking me up. A flight attendant immediately turned and yelled at me and said that I was not allowed to have my cell phone on. I am a frequent business traveler and even have a flight scheduled for week after next. I am cancelling the flight, perfectly willing to pay a cancellation fee, and I will never fly this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 June 2013 by S Chang    (USA)

Flew from JFK-CLT-LGA. First flight was good overall, except baggage was very slow to be returned. Return flight flight attendants seemed a bit clueless and my tray table was broken (it was an older aircraft, but still.) Not a bad airline, but not my first choice in any scenario.

US Airways Customer review :  7 June 2013 by O Ilori    (Ireland)

The flight from check in to the actual flight experience was good, the seats where okay, the crew were polite, served drinks, respond quickly to needs. Boarding was fast from Charlotte to Houston, return flight was lovely and the crew were excellent. The inflght entertainment is rubbish so come with your ipad loaded with music or movies. 757-200 are old planes used for the Dublin-Charlotte route, apart from that I will use them for the right price.

US Airways Customer review :  5 June 2013 by F Plowman    (USA)

US Airways called me about 5 minutes before I was going to get to the airport for PHL-SDF flight. Told that my flight was canceled. They offered my wife and I tickets to Indianapolis but no connecting flight to Louisville. The next flight was 21.30 (9 hours after the original to SDF). Flight was 45 minutes late taking off. Gates changed 3 times without notice given to passengers and departure board was not updated.

US Airways Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Ken Agar    (UK)

LHR-CLT-SRQ-CLT-LAS. Envoy class LHR-CLT on A330-300 very good. Full flight in both classes. Boarded on time, but delayed takeoff due to congestion, arrival CLT on time. Seats comfortable, with a good view out of the windows in row A on a 1x2x1 configuration. Food very good, and unusual for me, ate all courses offered. Inflight snack bar available. Staff friendly and helpful. Charlotte airport excellent for USA arrival, through immigration, customs, bags onto SRQ and in the lounge within 40 minutes. A lot better than LAX at 3 hours plus. CLT-Sarasota and back on US Express, both on time and again good crew. Ground staff also very helpful. CLT-Las Vegas on an A321, again full flight, no entertainment, but food OK again. Only mentioned the credit cards on this flight, but not too pushy. Priority bags delivered first on all flights. Overall a very good experience to counter all the negative ones.

US Airways Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Paul Reddy    (UK)

MAN-PHL-LAS on 8th May and SFO-PHL-MAN on 26th May. Transatlantic legs in A330 much better than domestic segments by A320 within the USA. Food onboard in long haul fine, served a glass of wine for free if requested which is an improvement. Breakfast tasty if only lacking in quantity. On 5 hour domestic flights only water and 1 non alcoholic drink served plus coffee/snack on outbound. Effectively operates a no frills model domestically even if you travel on a transatlantic ticket. They should issue free vouchers at least for people travelling long haul although no charge for checked bags on such ticket. AVOD installed on transatlantic, temperamental but did work and headsets now free. Would not pay a premium to fly this carrier but as price paid for an open jaw return significantly lower than more premium carrier options was worth doing. All check in queues quite short made to use self service at SFO but system could not find our reservation and had to see agent anyway. Some staff are good at their jobs others going through the motions particularly on domestic leg. This is an average airline nothing special but if schedules and pricing acceptable would use again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by M Montgomery    (USA)

US airways cancelled my first flight from Boston to Philadelphia (connecting in Philly to go to Richmond) while I was on my way to the airport. When they gave me my new flight the next day they did not put my brother and I next to each other when our seats were together on the original flight (seats next to each other were available on the flight). When we made it to Philadelphia the next day, they cancelled our flight to Richmond and had to schedule again! Customer service were good at putting us on the new flight but flying this airline is a gamble.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by K Burgess    (UK)

Flew PHL to SJU return. US Airways use a 757 that was originally configured to fly the transatlantic routes on some of these services. The seats were proper old-style business class cradle type with great leg room and plenty of recline. Service excellent. Food good. No in-flight entertainment on either sector. Would definitely choose US Airways on this route if they continue using their 757s with the ex-long haul configuration. Both flights on-time.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Tom Roberts    (USA)

I had a miserable experience and customer service has been worthless. Our flight was delayed for over 4 hours due to auxiliary power failure. After 4 hours they took off even though nothing was fixed. Dealing with customer service is pointless - they don't know anything and just give you canned response. I will never fly them again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by K Burgess    (UK)

LHR-PHL and PHL-LHR. Absolutely no complaints. On-time. Excellent seat in envoy class. Friendly service and good food. Wines not as good as BA and no Champagne pre-take off or in-flight, only sparkling Italian Prosecco. Lounge in PHL inferior to BA's but US Airways use the Star Alliance lounge at LHR which is good. Would use again if the price was right.

US Airways Customer review :  27 May 2013 by C J Cox    (USA)

2nd international flight with US Airways in F Cl (Envoy) 1st was PHL-TLV-PHL and 2nd was PHL-FRA-PHL. Found the service excellent. On time-comfortable and an extremely accommodating staff. Very pleased - will definitely fly them again. Inflight services excellent.

US Airways Customer review :  24 May 2013 by T Xavier    (USA)

DEN-PHL-FCO and return. Not sure how they managed this, but all flights departed late but arrived on time, so no complaints there. Flew economy, seats were comfortable enough although the rows are close together. cabin crew on all flights very pleasant; international crew did an especially nice job. International in-flight entertainment in economy is very nice. Would fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by Justin Chow    (USA)

Flight 38 (LAX to CLT) this past week. My sister, who was visiting from out of country, had her flight delayed because of some issue with the cabin crew and almost missed her connecting flight. Her baggage was delivered on a later flight to our hotel, which was the least they could do. Our customer service rep was very professional and helpful in assisting us. US Airways is a great way to fly on a budget, but they need to fix issues like this, or no amount of value can make it up.

US Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by K Butler    (USA)

Seat 24F Flight 1471. The seats in back are made for people who are less than 5" tall and 120lbs. They install the seat so that your shoulder is up against the window panel, which shoves you into the person next to you. You cant recline the seat, and it is installed cockeyed so that your back knows you are tilted forward the whole ride long. I am glad it was only for an hour or so. People in front of me chimed in about sitting on top of one another. Paid for preferred access and watched the TSA line move like lightning while preferred access stood there like idiots paying for a service that is non existent. When you try to upgrade a seat to first class, you loose the $ for the first upgrade. Fix that seat so it is flat and not tilting forward.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by M Taylor    (USA)

3/4 of my scheduled flights had serious issues. 4th flight I didn't take - my husband and I opted to take a rental car. First flight was taxiing to the runway, we went back to the gate and changed flights. Replacement plane was fine. Connecting flight delayed due to a problem with the fuelling truck and then had an aborted take-off. We had to wait over an hour until they put us on a different plane at the opposite end of the airport. On the returning flight from Cancun, we were notified mid-air over the Atlantic that there was some kind of electrical issue and that we had to make a cautionary landing in Miami. We were in Miami on a hot plane for 3 hours. Flight attendants did not check on us. They didn't come by with water. We had to go get it from the back where they were filing cups. Finally we left again and were served 2 tiny cookies. We of course missed our connecting flight in Philly. They threw a voucher at us for a hotel 15 miles away. By that point everything in the airport was closed in regards to food and we had nothing to eat all day. We tried calling customer service only to be told repeatedly that they have no phone support for such issues.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by D Lynn Kurt    (Canada)

Recent experience on YYZ-PHL-CDG-PHL-YYZ was awful. Ignoring luggage issues on both in and outbound flights, the ground service and scheduling were terrifying. Confirmed flights were cancelled or rescheduled without notice (email or text messages were received after the fact), gates were changed an average of 3x per flight, all flights delayed (in some cases cancelled altogether) - my wife an I ended up on separate flights! - and, departure information was inconsistent - i.e. big electronic display says flight gate F33 at 7.10pm, little concourse display says gate F27 at 5.35pm and actual gate sign says 6.35pm and attendant says "Oh, the displays aren't updated very often". The overall experience - coming and going - was flabbergasting. It's hard to understand how an organization can be so broken. I think what startled me the most is that the ground staff had so little regard for the degree in which they were trashing people's schedules, vacations, honeymoons, etc. In fairness, I'll say that the actual flight (once we got on one) was fine - nothing special, but nothing horrible either - but getting to the flight, transferring between flights, luggage handling, luggage problem handling, responsiveness to client's, was just plain horrible, verging on criminal.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by F Aguilo    (USA)

I am long time US flyer with over 326,000 miles earned on this airline, I know the airline and its product and policies well and I must say, I will do everything I can to never fly USAir (or American if the post-merger product is anything like USAir) again. Staff on long haul international flights (PHL-LHR) and (LHR-PHL) are not only rude and unprofessional, they seem to have disdain for their customers. One does not expect personalized attention in Economy, but even in this class of service, this was still a $1400 ticket, and quite frankly I expect better service for that kind of money. Multiple requests to have a personal wheelchair stored in the cabin coat closet (as every other international airline does) were ignored on not one but 3 separate occasions. Disabled passengers and mothers with infants were treated with complete disdain on both US Airways Flight 728 (5/17/13) and US Airways flight 729 (5/20/13). I fly frequently and am generally pretty tolerant of the hassles of flying nowadays, however flying on US Airways between the US and Europe was truly the low point of my trip. The fact that both the outbound and the return flights were characterized by such poorly trained staff tells me this is an endemic problem. Their international product truly is garbage no matter what the fare is.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Edwin Arce    (USA)

Was scheduled to fly from NY to Orlando for my first child's graduation. Flight from NY was rescheduled due to mechanical problem. Rescheduled to fly from NY to Philadelphia, connecting to another flight from Philadelphia to Orlando, arrived in Philadelphia while awaiting at the gate, They closed the doors, never asked me anything, were very unpleasant to deal with, and after complaining they finally rescheduled me for another flight that was late to Orlando, which resulted in me being late for my Daughters graduation. When I spoke with someone on the phone all I got was a run-around and how sorry they truly are but there is nothing we can. Supervisor after supervisor, nobody was willing to make the experience even a little pleasant.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Francisco Hernandez    (Puerto Rico)

This is the first and last time I'll fly with US Air. The delays are ridiculous. I've never seen an airline with so many problems with their planes. Both flights I took to go stateside were delayed and both returning were also delayed. I missed my last connection. I have recently returned from another trip using Southwest. What a difference.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2013 by B Jenkins    (USA)

When I did my online check-in it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to First Class for $300. I have travelled to East Asia (China) a couple times - first time I flew coach - 3 seats wide. After the 12 hour flight home I promised myself I would never do that again. The next time went to China on United I upgraded to Business Class - wow what a difference - lay flat seats are what traveling that distance was meant to be. I upgraded my wife and myself to first class for the 6 hour flight. US Air flies a old 757 to Honolulu but I will say for me the $300 was well worth it. The seats are the old school First Class seats big "lazy boy" style which recline maybe 10-degrees and no foot rest but very comfy and roomy. No duvets or pillows like business class to China but normal aircraft pillow and blanket sufficed for me. Hot meal service was fine - served on glass plates - two choices (chicken or ravioli) - airplane food - United business class to China had excellent food - this was more one step up from a TV dinner but sufficed. Ice cream for desert. After dinner had a nice nap and awoke to a basket of all kinds of snacks being passed out. Plenty of drinks readily available. So was it worth $300 each for wife and I to upgrade to first class? Yes, but if upgrading means you are going to have to cutback on your spending once you get to Hawaii - definitely wouldn't recommend that. Hope upgrades are available for my flight home! Tip: if you can get seats in 2F and 2 D these are bulkhead and more leg room and the shared TV is on the wall in front of you.

US Airways Customer review :  17 May 2013 by Colleen Rando    (USA)

The only reason we took US Airways was because they had a non-stop to Punta Cana from Philadelphia. They charge you $25 for your luggage and lost my daughter's. We came back 5/14/13 she just got it today 5/16/13. The seats were hard and there wasn't any entertainment. It has to be the cheapest airline going. They asked if anyone wanted bottle water, I said yes, they gave me a Dixie cup of water. When he served me my soda he spilt it on me and didn't even say he was sorry!

US Airways Customer review :  15 May 2013 by J Blasini    (Puerto Rico)

Flew from San Juan to Philadelphia connecting to Los Angeles LAX. This airline deserves to go down to the ranks of Ryanair and one star less. The PHL Agents are the most bored staff in the USA and service onboard long haul Caribbean and transcon flights limited on one and only one beverage service and that's it. What do FA's the rest of the flight? Southwest just entered service into SJU from MCO/TPA/BWI and FLL and flights are extremely full. Will avoid US Airways at all costs even if the fare at another airline is higher.

US Airways Customer review :  14 May 2013 by B Dacchille    (USA)

My recent domestic flight was so unpleasant. Late departures on all 4 legs of my trip. On last flight departing Philadelphia the gate staff were rude, disorganized, and apparently poorly trained. One member of the gate team showed a complete lack of compassion for a very young mother traveling alone with her infant. Body language displayed toward this young lady was deplorable. Seat was comfortable - looked to have been recently refurbished. Poor application of carry-on luggage policies, travelers carrying over-sized bags and 3+ items were completely ignored. Seriously reconsidering my airline options for future travel.

US Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by M Little    (USA)

The worst flying experience with a lack of customer service to accompany it. I waited over 4 hours to take flight on one of their planes and over 2 hours on another that was eventually cancelled while we were aboard the plane. All of this happened during one international flight. I had connecting flights for what should have been 4 flights (2 there, 2 back) every single plane was late. Nothing was offered. Overall just not my cup of tea. I will never fly that airline again!

US Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Nimesh Modak    (USA)

US Airways Philadelphia-Athens, Economy Class. Just awful. But that was to be expected. US still flies ancient 767s on this route. Probably the worst transatlantic carrier around today. No entertainment system (they couldn't even get the shared TV right, with movies being cut off half way and replaced with a new one), seats were old and visibly broken. I had planned to work on the flight, when I discovered that my reading light was broken, I was simply informed that I should have told the staff before we took off. Typical, rude and unprofessional attitude that I have come to expect from the airline. No loss seeing them leave Star Alliance.

US Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by M Andy    (USA)

Last year I flew across the United States 28 times for work as well as flights to other parts of the US. I saw over 15 airports and flew in coach and first class (once my status got up to Gold I flew first class almost every week). I never had a cancelled flight or a missed connection and I was never more than 30 minutes late to my destination. Sometimes the flights were annoying but that was because of other passengers, not the staff. My only complaint about US Air is that they don't have the extra legroom seats like United, so you are forced to try to grab exit rows or pray for a bump to first class.

US Airways Customer review :  9 May 2013 by I Sanchez    (Spain)

MAD-PHL and return. Overall, good. Both planes on time. First leg, plenty of empty spaces, so you can stretch. Main meal average, but last minute pastrami sandwich quite tasty. Good selection of movies and music, system a bit low at times. Nice crew. No lost baggage. Second leg, full plane, dinner ok, breakfast a bit poor: muffin and coffee or juice. I didn't have to pay for the headphones. Toilets well maintained all flight long. I would fly with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  8 May 2013 by C Shu    (USA)

I flew out of DTW to PHL at 9.30am but received an automated call at 9am stating that my connection from PHL to PIT was cancelled. Then on my way home, I had a 2 hour layover in DCA. I noticed that every flight but 1 scheduled from 3.30pm to 6pm were delayed due to 'maintenance'. I'm still sitting at the airport an hour after my scheduled departure time with no updates on my flight status. Needless to say, I should have driven home.

Earlier comments for US AIRWAYS have been archived (prior to date of last comment above).