US Airways Customer Reviews and US Airways Passenger Trip Reports

US Airways Customer review :  5 July 2013 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

EWR-PHL-FRA: Ground staff on EWR were friendly and made efforts to put me on an earlier flight as the original flight to PHL was delayed. PHL-FRA was a brand new Airbus 330, in fact only 4 weeks old so the aircraft itself was in order except the staff. Apart from one crew member, all others were rude and any request from passengers seemed like bother. Apart from surly crew, drinks were available for free except alcohol and food was just awful. On positive note the AVOD has good selection and soft drinks available in gallery. I would avoid US Airways because of the attitude of crew and bad food.

US Airways Customer review :  5 July 2013 by L Riccolo    (USA)

Flight from Charlottesville VA to Chicago cancelled due to mechanical issues. Put on a flight the next day and given the worst seats on the plane even though there were seats available for a $25 up charge. Given the run- around. Talked to 5 different people and everyone said someone else should be able to do it. Never again.

US Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

FRA-EWR: Outbound flight was old Boeing 737 instead of Airbus A330. Ground staff at FRA are friendly. Once boarded, the flight was delayed 35 mins and information given by captain. It was all aged male crew. The crew were polite and friendly enough to cater most of the needs. The big change I experienced that drinks were unlimited compared to past where you had to buy drinks. Crew made about 3 to 4 rounds for drinks and later only seen during breakfast round. Being an old aircraft there were no personal TV but they played three different movies on those ceiling attached TV's. They also loaded my requested meal which was compared to none but trash. All in all, experience could have been much better if they provide Airbus aircraft.

US Airways Customer review :  3 July 2013 by K Mahoney    (USA)

Flight from Charlotte to Rome, June 20. Rude crew, no manners, 6 staff frowned, and looked like we were bothering them by simply being there. No hello, no you're welcome, just gruff minimal words. Not one crew member said 'thank you for flying with us", etc as we disembarked. Just stood there watching all the passengers leave the plane. Return trip was July 1, 2013 - service was just as bad. We went through Philly and had same negative and rude treatment on the ground. They cancelled our Philly - Hartford flight. We had to wait over 5 hours for our connection. One person only on the entire Rome - Philadelphia flight said thank you and was pleasant. On a positive note, the crew from Philadelphia to Hartford were very nice.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by A Shannon    (USA)

Will never fly with US Airways again. Everyone boarded and was kept on flight for an hour due to maintenance problems. Temperature in Phoenix while stuck on the flight was over 100 degrees. We were kept waiting on the flight for an hour. Water was brought around but it was poured into cups. We were not given full bottles. Turns out there was an issue with a window. Flight was delayed an hour, then a couple more hours. Currently flight is pushed back to 6 pm with an original 10.45am departure time.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Brian Bongard    (USA)

Wilmington, NC to Philadelphia and Philadelphia to Burlington Vermont. First flight delayed for 'maintenance' a couple of hours, then finally canceled. Then booked on evening flight at 7.40pm. That flight canceled due to weather. Finally I took a flight the next morning at 6.40, arrived to my destination a day late. My return trip, scheduled for 5.40 pm but there was a delay. Counter personnel could not give straight answers or decent advise. No other flights, had to pay out for a hotel room that's not covered due to weather cancellation. Got an email confirmation on a 6.50am flight the next day, I showed up to the counter and they did not have me on that flight. Now I'm booked on a 7.50 flight to Washington DC and a 1.50 flight home. I will make US Airways my last choice.

US Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by L Hernandez    (USA)

6/16/13. Flew from San Francisco, CA to Cancun, MX via Phoenix. You have to check in your self, they don't have a counter person to help you with check in at least not at San Francisco. I was traveling with my family total of 7, 3 adults and 4 Kids, it was not easy at all. US airways employee's were rude and not very helpful. If you want a snack you need to pay for it, all they offered on a 5 hours flight was coffee and water. Will never use this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Shirley Ahart    (USA)

LAX to Rome via Philly. The trip there went smoothly, but there was weather coming home which delayed our flight. However, we had a 3 hour lay over in Philly and arrived with 2 hours to make the connecting flight. When we presented our boarding passes we were told that our seats were cancelled, as they didn't think we would make the flight. I was traveling with my elderly mother so I insisted that they get us on that flight. In the end, they found seats for most of us, but I had to sit separately from my mother and kids. To add insult to injury, some people did not get on the flight, although there were still empty seats. They cancelled our seats and put us all through turmoil for nothing. Our gate was also changed with no notice, and at one point they had 3 flights waiting in one boarding area. No organization, and I have flown with them for the last time.

US Airways Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Linda DeBrito    (USA)

Every flight I had scheduled had a major problem. Flight from Harrisburg to Philadelphia was immediately declared as 1 hour delay. While waiting we were told that we would be on time and they boarded us after several passengers had already been deferred to other flights. We sat on the plane for 25 minutes. Pilot notified that we would be leaving. Pilot then asked all of us to leave the plane again. We left the plane and returned to waiting area. While waiting for information regarding our flight to Philadelphia, I was called to redirect my flight from Harrisburg to Charlotte, NC, to Sacramento. I would be arriving 2 hours later than my original schedule. (Previously 8.45, now 10.45). We finally arrived in Sacramento and when arriving at gate the pilot found another US Airline in our arrival gate. We sat for 20 minutes. We sat for at least 20 minutes waiting for availability of a gate for our plane to arrive. I got home at midnight, originally would have arrived by 9.45. I was called to desk and transferred to a flight to Charlotte, NC. I was to arrive at my original destination, Sacramento, over 2 hours later than my original flights.

US Airways Customer review :  25 June 2013 by R Jac    (USA)

Cleveland to Fort Walton Beach via Charlotte. Both flights delayed. Once we boarded the second flight, we sat on the runway for 45 minutes while mechanics changed a tyre. Coming back I flew Pensacola to Cleveland via Charlotte. Actually got in early to Charlotte around 5pm but found out that another US Airways plane took our gate so sat on the runway for 40 minutes. Connecting flight to Cleveland departed at 5.50. Needing to get off the plane, I asked the flight attendant how much longer because I was going to miss my flight. She said they have no control over missed flights. Very rude and not accommodating at all! Once I finally got off the plane at 5.40pm I ran though the airport to make my flight to Cleveland. With 20 seconds to spare we made it. But I will never be flying US Airways again!

US Airways Customer review :  25 June 2013 by F Groh    (USA)

Flew First Class from PHX to EWR round trip. Outgoing flight weather delayed 3 hrs (not their fault). Food inedible and served cold. Unbelievable for First Class. No entertainment, no headphones, etc. Not a quiet flight either since the 2 attendants sitting nearby in the jump seats were chattering for the entire flight when not serving. Return flight food slightly edible, similar to coach several years ago. Gate agent failed to flag luggage as First Class, so it was delivered last. Very bad experience, especially coming off a First Class flight on Hawaiian Air which was very pleasant.

US Airways Customer review :  22 June 2013 by R Stanton    (USA)

St. Louis to Orlando via Charlotte. First flight left late and they made no effort to hold our connecting flight (on the same carrier). Provided no information on gate changes, and we missed our meetings. Got up at 3am only to end cooling our heels in Charlotte all day. Will never book with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by J Gamman    (USA)

London-Charlotte connecting Charlotte-San Francisco. As others have said, Envoy service LHR-Charlotte was fine. Bad things happened once we arrived in Charlotte. Plane sat on tarmac for 30 minutes in queue. Then a large storm arrived, as plane had not departed on time, we were caught in the storm. Sat on tarmac for nearly 2 hours. Pilot told us every 15 minutes that "Plane returning to gate for hail inspection". Once parked at gate, after 2 hrs, pilot told us: "Leave plane if you want, just take boarding pass". We followed this advice. After 15 minutes in terminal, called airline to ask if we could rebook, given uncertainty, and they said, BTW, the flight is cancelled. Gate staff would not let us back on plane to collect carry-on's. We re-booked on another flight. We were told it would depart from Gate 15, then Gate 8, then Gate 15, then back to Gate 8. Flight finally left 2 hours late. None of our bags arrived, even though airline had 2 hours to transfer to new flight, and we were assured this would occur. Waited in long line at 1am to file lost baggage report. Our last flight with this airline. Food on domestic legs inedible, no inflight entertainment.

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Jill Milligan    (USA)

It started badly when we arrived at the airport to discover that US Airways had separated my husband and me from each other - for an international flight. The ticket agent was rude and inflexible. It culminated on the return trip where we were again separated. The TV/video system does not respond to touch and in order to make something happen you practically have to pound on the screen - obviously affecting the person sitting in the seat in front of you. The restrooms were filthy. Our flight was canceled from PHL to IND because of weather and the agents rescheduling us were rude. We were re-scheduled for a flight 12 hours later which turned out to be the best scenario for our group (43 of us). Most of us had luggage that did not make it until the next day. I truly do not know how US Airways continues to operate with customer service being so poor.

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Y Bacote    (USA)

If you are disabled don't fly US Airways. I made the mistake of booking a non direct flight instead of a non-stop flight. Flight delayed over an hour in Philadelphia. I sat on the plane for an hour, unable to leave to get some food as the transporter had already left. The flight attendant did offer me some water, apple juice, chips and salsa free of charge. Flight left Boston at 11.30 and did not leave Philadelphia until 3 or later. When we finally arrived in Atlanta after 5.” Unfortunately, the wheelchair service was terrible. Very disappointed!

US Airways Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Helen Chambers    (USA)

Flew in from Frankfurt connecting in Philadelphia, had a first class ticket, with my husband went to the lounge, problems getting in then waited 4 plus hours for flight to San Diego. Went to the gate and there seemed to be a problem, they announced that they were having personnel issues waiting for a crew member to arrive - this was at 8pm (flight to leave at 8.25pm). Flight then cancelled and we were told to get a hotel and rescheduled the flight next day at 6pm, no first class and had to pay $250 out of pocket to stay overnight. Next flight awful, flight attendants rude sour. Will never fly US air again!

US Airways Customer review :  14 June 2013 by Ashley Harris    (USA)

Kansas City to Seattle with a stop in Phoenix. On the day of my flight I got ready, went to the airport and was helped by a lovely woman at the check in counter, had no problems checking in my 2 bags and then went to wait for the plane. It was on time and ready to go, had no issues with my carry on luggage and had a pleasant flight to Phoenix, the staff member doing the intercom system was even showing us interesting things that were outside the window. Plane in Phoenix was on time as well, the staff onboard were courteous and fun. My bags arrived to Seattle.

US Airways Customer review :  14 June 2013 by N Filchev    (USA)

Flight ZRH-PHL on a 767. As noted in other comments, those planes are very old, with no individual in-flight entertainment modules in Economy class. The overhead monitors are just a few, so unless you are seated close to them, you need to have very good eyes to see what's going on, selection of movies was pathetic. I am 6'3', but the seats were actually rather comfortable and roomy, albeit worn out. Only complimentary alcohol is wine (from a carton?). Crew was polite, although certain members did have a bit of an attitude. Overall, US Airways will get you to your destination (often cheaply), which is what matters for most passengers.

US Airways Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Brendan McGuinness    (Ireland)

I've just come back from a 2 week trip to the US from Ireland. I bought return flights to Boston with a connection through Philadelphia. On arrival in Philadelphia (which is a hub for US Airways seemingly), our connection was cancelled with no notice to passengers waiting at the gate. 20 mins after the flight was due to go the sign above the gate was still saying 'On Time'. We were told initially that all other flights were booked out that evening except for another 6 hours later, which had no guarantee's of leaving. Eventually exhausted we agreed to layover for the night in a nearby hotel on US Airways expense. We flew the next days 18 hrs late. On our return flight via Philadelphia we were delayed on the runway 2 hours in Boston and arrived in Philadelphia 5 mins before our connection was to leave. They never held back the flight even though a substantial number of flights from Boston that evening had a large number of people travelling on that flight. Again we had to layover for the night. It was 24 hrs later before we flew out. Amongst all of this mayhem we came across the most rudest, uncaring and incompetent Customer representatives I've come across. I will never fly with this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  12 June 2013 by V Bland    (USA)

Quebec City to Philadelphia. The plane was late so several customers had to be rescheduled. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to check in 17 customers. The ticket agents were steadily working, but it seemed the system for that airport was either antiquated or they had difficulty receiving/sending current information. Not sure if the fault was with poorly trained agents or a lousy system, but the wait time was inexcusable. Then once we (finally) got on the plane, we were delayed another 20 minutes while the baggage handlers arranged and rearranged the luggage in the storage area below the cabin. That extra 20 minutes caused us to miss our connecting flight. Not a good experience.

US Airways Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Qiangju Xiao    (USA)

Flight from Boston to Charlotte delayed for weather, a lot of passengers had a tight connection time. The staff made no effort for suggesting passengers who need connection to deboard first in order to catch the next flight. Had to spend a whole night waiting for the flight the next morning.

US Airways Customer review :  10 June 2013 by S Colon    (USA)

Sky Harbor Phoenix to DFW this past Thursday. Flight crew were rude to passengers. We board the plane and taxi to the runway. After 20 minutes the pilot announces that due to electrical malfunctions we would be returning to the gate to allow maintenance onboard. This seemed understandable. Once we returned to the gate they opened the plane doors. After 15 minutes both pilots exited the plane. I took this opportunity to grab my cell phone to send a text message to my husband who would be picking me up. A flight attendant immediately turned and yelled at me and said that I was not allowed to have my cell phone on. I am a frequent business traveler and even have a flight scheduled for week after next. I am cancelling the flight, perfectly willing to pay a cancellation fee, and I will never fly this airline again.

US Airways Customer review :  7 June 2013 by S Chang    (USA)

Flew from JFK-CLT-LGA. First flight was good overall, except baggage was very slow to be returned. Return flight flight attendants seemed a bit clueless and my tray table was broken (it was an older aircraft, but still.) Not a bad airline, but not my first choice in any scenario.

US Airways Customer review :  7 June 2013 by O Ilori    (Ireland)

The flight from check in to the actual flight experience was good, the seats where okay, the crew were polite, served drinks, respond quickly to needs. Boarding was fast from Charlotte to Houston, return flight was lovely and the crew were excellent. The inflght entertainment is rubbish so come with your ipad loaded with music or movies. 757-200 are old planes used for the Dublin-Charlotte route, apart from that I will use them for the right price.

US Airways Customer review :  5 June 2013 by F Plowman    (USA)

US Airways called me about 5 minutes before I was going to get to the airport for PHL-SDF flight. Told that my flight was canceled. They offered my wife and I tickets to Indianapolis but no connecting flight to Louisville. The next flight was 21.30 (9 hours after the original to SDF). Flight was 45 minutes late taking off. Gates changed 3 times without notice given to passengers and departure board was not updated.

US Airways Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Ken Agar    (UK)

LHR-CLT-SRQ-CLT-LAS. Envoy class LHR-CLT on A330-300 very good. Full flight in both classes. Boarded on time, but delayed takeoff due to congestion, arrival CLT on time. Seats comfortable, with a good view out of the windows in row A on a 1x2x1 configuration. Food very good, and unusual for me, ate all courses offered. Inflight snack bar available. Staff friendly and helpful. Charlotte airport excellent for USA arrival, through immigration, customs, bags onto SRQ and in the lounge within 40 minutes. A lot better than LAX at 3 hours plus. CLT-Sarasota and back on US Express, both on time and again good crew. Ground staff also very helpful. CLT-Las Vegas on an A321, again full flight, no entertainment, but food OK again. Only mentioned the credit cards on this flight, but not too pushy. Priority bags delivered first on all flights. Overall a very good experience to counter all the negative ones.

US Airways Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Paul Reddy    (UK)

MAN-PHL-LAS on 8th May and SFO-PHL-MAN on 26th May. Transatlantic legs in A330 much better than domestic segments by A320 within the USA. Food onboard in long haul fine, served a glass of wine for free if requested which is an improvement. Breakfast tasty if only lacking in quantity. On 5 hour domestic flights only water and 1 non alcoholic drink served plus coffee/snack on outbound. Effectively operates a no frills model domestically even if you travel on a transatlantic ticket. They should issue free vouchers at least for people travelling long haul although no charge for checked bags on such ticket. AVOD installed on transatlantic, temperamental but did work and headsets now free. Would not pay a premium to fly this carrier but as price paid for an open jaw return significantly lower than more premium carrier options was worth doing. All check in queues quite short made to use self service at SFO but system could not find our reservation and had to see agent anyway. Some staff are good at their jobs others going through the motions particularly on domestic leg. This is an average airline nothing special but if schedules and pricing acceptable would use again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by M Montgomery    (USA)

US airways cancelled my first flight from Boston to Philadelphia (connecting in Philly to go to Richmond) while I was on my way to the airport. When they gave me my new flight the next day they did not put my brother and I next to each other when our seats were together on the original flight (seats next to each other were available on the flight). When we made it to Philadelphia the next day, they cancelled our flight to Richmond and had to schedule again! Customer service were good at putting us on the new flight but flying this airline is a gamble.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by K Burgess    (UK)

Flew PHL to SJU return. US Airways use a 757 that was originally configured to fly the transatlantic routes on some of these services. The seats were proper old-style business class cradle type with great leg room and plenty of recline. Service excellent. Food good. No in-flight entertainment on either sector. Would definitely choose US Airways on this route if they continue using their 757s with the ex-long haul configuration. Both flights on-time.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Tom Roberts    (USA)

I had a miserable experience and customer service has been worthless. Our flight was delayed for over 4 hours due to auxiliary power failure. After 4 hours they took off even though nothing was fixed. Dealing with customer service is pointless - they don't know anything and just give you canned response. I will never fly them again.

US Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by K Burgess    (UK)

LHR-PHL and PHL-LHR. Absolutely no complaints. On-time. Excellent seat in envoy class. Friendly service and good food. Wines not as good as BA and no Champagne pre-take off or in-flight, only sparkling Italian Prosecco. Lounge in PHL inferior to BA's but US Airways use the Star Alliance lounge at LHR which is good. Would use again if the price was right.

US Airways Customer review :  27 May 2013 by C J Cox    (USA)

2nd international flight with US Airways in F Cl (Envoy) 1st was PHL-TLV-PHL and 2nd was PHL-FRA-PHL. Found the service excellent. On time-comfortable and an extremely accommodating staff. Very pleased - will definitely fly them again. Inflight services excellent.

US Airways Customer review :  24 May 2013 by T Xavier    (USA)

DEN-PHL-FCO and return. Not sure how they managed this, but all flights departed late but arrived on time, so no complaints there. Flew economy, seats were comfortable enough although the rows are close together. cabin crew on all flights very pleasant; international crew did an especially nice job. International in-flight entertainment in economy is very nice. Would fly again.

US Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by Justin Chow    (USA)

Flight 38 (LAX to CLT) this past week. My sister, who was visiting from out of country, had her flight delayed because of some issue with the cabin crew and almost missed her connecting flight. Her baggage was delivered on a later flight to our hotel, which was the least they could do. Our customer service rep was very professional and helpful in assisting us. US Airways is a great way to fly on a budget, but they need to fix issues like this, or no amount of value can make it up.

US Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by K Butler    (USA)

Seat 24F Flight 1471. The seats in back are made for people who are less than 5" tall and 120lbs. They install the seat so that your shoulder is up against the window panel, which shoves you into the person next to you. You cant recline the seat, and it is installed cockeyed so that your back knows you are tilted forward the whole ride long. I am glad it was only for an hour or so. People in front of me chimed in about sitting on top of one another. Paid for preferred access and watched the TSA line move like lightning while preferred access stood there like idiots paying for a service that is non existent. When you try to upgrade a seat to first class, you loose the $ for the first upgrade. Fix that seat so it is flat and not tilting forward.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by M Taylor    (USA)

3/4 of my scheduled flights had serious issues. 4th flight I didn't take - my husband and I opted to take a rental car. First flight was taxiing to the runway, we went back to the gate and changed flights. Replacement plane was fine. Connecting flight delayed due to a problem with the fuelling truck and then had an aborted take-off. We had to wait over an hour until they put us on a different plane at the opposite end of the airport. On the returning flight from Cancun, we were notified mid-air over the Atlantic that there was some kind of electrical issue and that we had to make a cautionary landing in Miami. We were in Miami on a hot plane for 3 hours. Flight attendants did not check on us. They didn't come by with water. We had to go get it from the back where they were filing cups. Finally we left again and were served 2 tiny cookies. We of course missed our connecting flight in Philly. They threw a voucher at us for a hotel 15 miles away. By that point everything in the airport was closed in regards to food and we had nothing to eat all day. We tried calling customer service only to be told repeatedly that they have no phone support for such issues.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by D Lynn Kurt    (Canada)

Recent experience on YYZ-PHL-CDG-PHL-YYZ was awful. Ignoring luggage issues on both in and outbound flights, the ground service and scheduling were terrifying. Confirmed flights were cancelled or rescheduled without notice (email or text messages were received after the fact), gates were changed an average of 3x per flight, all flights delayed (in some cases cancelled altogether) - my wife an I ended up on separate flights! - and, departure information was inconsistent - i.e. big electronic display says flight gate F33 at 7.10pm, little concourse display says gate F27 at 5.35pm and actual gate sign says 6.35pm and attendant says "Oh, the displays aren't updated very often". The overall experience - coming and going - was flabbergasting. It's hard to understand how an organization can be so broken. I think what startled me the most is that the ground staff had so little regard for the degree in which they were trashing people's schedules, vacations, honeymoons, etc. In fairness, I'll say that the actual flight (once we got on one) was fine - nothing special, but nothing horrible either - but getting to the flight, transferring between flights, luggage handling, luggage problem handling, responsiveness to client's, was just plain horrible, verging on criminal.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by F Aguilo    (USA)

I am long time US flyer with over 326,000 miles earned on this airline, I know the airline and its product and policies well and I must say, I will do everything I can to never fly USAir (or American if the post-merger product is anything like USAir) again. Staff on long haul international flights (PHL-LHR) and (LHR-PHL) are not only rude and unprofessional, they seem to have disdain for their customers. One does not expect personalized attention in Economy, but even in this class of service, this was still a $1400 ticket, and quite frankly I expect better service for that kind of money. Multiple requests to have a personal wheelchair stored in the cabin coat closet (as every other international airline does) were ignored on not one but 3 separate occasions. Disabled passengers and mothers with infants were treated with complete disdain on both US Airways Flight 728 (5/17/13) and US Airways flight 729 (5/20/13). I fly frequently and am generally pretty tolerant of the hassles of flying nowadays, however flying on US Airways between the US and Europe was truly the low point of my trip. The fact that both the outbound and the return flights were characterized by such poorly trained staff tells me this is an endemic problem. Their international product truly is garbage no matter what the fare is.

US Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Edwin Arce    (USA)

Was scheduled to fly from NY to Orlando for my first child's graduation. Flight from NY was rescheduled due to mechanical problem. Rescheduled to fly from NY to Philadelphia, connecting to another flight from Philadelphia to Orlando, arrived in Philadelphia while awaiting at the gate, They closed the doors, never asked me anything, were very unpleasant to deal with, and after complaining they finally rescheduled me for another flight that was late to Orlando, which resulted in me being late for my Daughters graduation. When I spoke with someone on the phone all I got was a run-around and how sorry they truly are but there is nothing we can. Supervisor after supervisor, nobody was willing to make the experience even a little pleasant.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Francisco Hernandez    (Puerto Rico)

This is the first and last time I'll fly with US Air. The delays are ridiculous. I've never seen an airline with so many problems with their planes. Both flights I took to go stateside were delayed and both returning were also delayed. I missed my last connection. I have recently returned from another trip using Southwest. What a difference.

US Airways Customer review :  20 May 2013 by B Jenkins    (USA)

When I did my online check-in it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to First Class for $300. I have travelled to East Asia (China) a couple times - first time I flew coach - 3 seats wide. After the 12 hour flight home I promised myself I would never do that again. The next time went to China on United I upgraded to Business Class - wow what a difference - lay flat seats are what traveling that distance was meant to be. I upgraded my wife and myself to first class for the 6 hour flight. US Air flies a old 757 to Honolulu but I will say for me the $300 was well worth it. The seats are the old school First Class seats big "lazy boy" style which recline maybe 10-degrees and no foot rest but very comfy and roomy. No duvets or pillows like business class to China but normal aircraft pillow and blanket sufficed for me. Hot meal service was fine - served on glass plates - two choices (chicken or ravioli) - airplane food - United business class to China had excellent food - this was more one step up from a TV dinner but sufficed. Ice cream for desert. After dinner had a nice nap and awoke to a basket of all kinds of snacks being passed out. Plenty of drinks readily available. So was it worth $300 each for wife and I to upgrade to first class? Yes, but if upgrading means you are going to have to cutback on your spending once you get to Hawaii - definitely wouldn't recommend that. Hope upgrades are available for my flight home! Tip: if you can get seats in 2F and 2 D these are bulkhead and more leg room and the shared TV is on the wall in front of you.

US Airways Customer review :  17 May 2013 by Colleen Rando    (USA)

The only reason we took US Airways was because they had a non-stop to Punta Cana from Philadelphia. They charge you $25 for your luggage and lost my daughter's. We came back 5/14/13 she just got it today 5/16/13. The seats were hard and there wasn't any entertainment. It has to be the cheapest airline going. They asked if anyone wanted bottle water, I said yes, they gave me a Dixie cup of water. When he served me my soda he spilt it on me and didn't even say he was sorry!

US Airways Customer review :  15 May 2013 by J Blasini    (Puerto Rico)

Flew from San Juan to Philadelphia connecting to Los Angeles LAX. This airline deserves to go down to the ranks of Ryanair and one star less. The PHL Agents are the most bored staff in the USA and service onboard long haul Caribbean and transcon flights limited on one and only one beverage service and that's it. What do FA's the rest of the flight? Southwest just entered service into SJU from MCO/TPA/BWI and FLL and flights are extremely full. Will avoid US Airways at all costs even if the fare at another airline is higher.

US Airways Customer review :  14 May 2013 by B Dacchille    (USA)

My recent domestic flight was so unpleasant. Late departures on all 4 legs of my trip. On last flight departing Philadelphia the gate staff were rude, disorganized, and apparently poorly trained. One member of the gate team showed a complete lack of compassion for a very young mother traveling alone with her infant. Body language displayed toward this young lady was deplorable. Seat was comfortable - looked to have been recently refurbished. Poor application of carry-on luggage policies, travelers carrying over-sized bags and 3+ items were completely ignored. Seriously reconsidering my airline options for future travel.

US Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by M Little    (USA)

The worst flying experience with a lack of customer service to accompany it. I waited over 4 hours to take flight on one of their planes and over 2 hours on another that was eventually cancelled while we were aboard the plane. All of this happened during one international flight. I had connecting flights for what should have been 4 flights (2 there, 2 back) every single plane was late. Nothing was offered. Overall just not my cup of tea. I will never fly that airline again!

US Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Nimesh Modak    (USA)

US Airways Philadelphia-Athens, Economy Class. Just awful. But that was to be expected. US still flies ancient 767s on this route. Probably the worst transatlantic carrier around today. No entertainment system (they couldn't even get the shared TV right, with movies being cut off half way and replaced with a new one), seats were old and visibly broken. I had planned to work on the flight, when I discovered that my reading light was broken, I was simply informed that I should have told the staff before we took off. Typical, rude and unprofessional attitude that I have come to expect from the airline. No loss seeing them leave Star Alliance.

US Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by M Andy    (USA)

Last year I flew across the United States 28 times for work as well as flights to other parts of the US. I saw over 15 airports and flew in coach and first class (once my status got up to Gold I flew first class almost every week). I never had a cancelled flight or a missed connection and I was never more than 30 minutes late to my destination. Sometimes the flights were annoying but that was because of other passengers, not the staff. My only complaint about US Air is that they don't have the extra legroom seats like United, so you are forced to try to grab exit rows or pray for a bump to first class.

US Airways Customer review :  9 May 2013 by I Sanchez    (Spain)

MAD-PHL and return. Overall, good. Both planes on time. First leg, plenty of empty spaces, so you can stretch. Main meal average, but last minute pastrami sandwich quite tasty. Good selection of movies and music, system a bit low at times. Nice crew. No lost baggage. Second leg, full plane, dinner ok, breakfast a bit poor: muffin and coffee or juice. I didn't have to pay for the headphones. Toilets well maintained all flight long. I would fly with them again.

US Airways Customer review :  8 May 2013 by C Shu    (USA)

I flew out of DTW to PHL at 9.30am but received an automated call at 9am stating that my connection from PHL to PIT was cancelled. Then on my way home, I had a 2 hour layover in DCA. I noticed that every flight but 1 scheduled from 3.30pm to 6pm were delayed due to 'maintenance'. I'm still sitting at the airport an hour after my scheduled departure time with no updates on my flight status. Needless to say, I should have driven home.

Earlier comments for US AIRWAYS have been archived (prior to date of last comment above).