Thai Airways International Passenger Reviews and Thai Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thai Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Mishra Alok Kumar    (Nepal)

My ticket was purchased on Oct 16 for my travel of Nov 14, I had requested a vegetarian Hindu/Indian meal, AVML in m booking which was shown confirmed in my ticket. I was served VLML instead, vegan vegetarian meal on both the flights, TG 402 SIN-BKK and TG 319 BKK-KTM. Apart from this, the service of crew was excellent, they were trying to give every passenger an exclusive feeling. The flight was smooth, on-board entertainment and information more than satisfactory, airport hospitality of the staff very good, leg room in economy class was on par with the best I have travelled.

Thai Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by V Paritosh    (India)

BLR-BKK-PEK and PVG-BKK-BLR. Flights on time with comfortable seats and good leg room. The special vegetarian meal served was excellent, one of the best I have had. Staff friendly and always smiling. Overall, a satisfying experience.

Thai Airways Customer review :  1 November 2013 by J Little    (Australia)

Inflight entertainment needs serious updating, and touch screen did not work properly. Vegetarian meal arrived to me as a "Children's Meal". Breakfast was inedible. Generally, the Bangkok-Melbourne route is awful - due to cramped seats, bad food, no eye masks, tiny and thin blanket and uncomfortable pillow. Better to go Singapore on an A380 as their service is by far superior.

Thai Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by M LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

TG676, BKK-NRT. Upper deck, A380. Seat ok, a bit boxy. My same complaint with CX and SQ…but, frankly, it is hard to appeal to everyone is a narrow tube of aluminium. Food so-so. TG gets a lot of mileage (undeserved) out of being a ‘cuisine capital’, etc, but what arrives in front you does not always warrant those accolades.

Thai Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by T Stanwell    (Thailand)

Flew overnight on Boeing 777 from Delhi to Bangkok fitted with new Business Class fully flat beds. I was very disappointed with the cramped space and could not sleep at all. Will not use flights with this seat again. Otherwise Thai is normally very good.

Thai Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by J Tjahyadi    (New Zealand)

SIN-BKK-AKL, very satisfied to fly with Thai. They have some of the best food on board, I flew with Malaysia Airlines to Auckland recently and I was more satisfied with Thai. Staff are very friendly, full of smiles. The seats are excellent, large leg room, and they provide foot rests as well, which is perfect for a long distance flight.

Thai Airways Customer review :  19 October 2013 by L Kopp    (USA)

We flew three flights recently, NRT-BKK, BKK-DEL and DEL-BKK. All was fine, the service was excellent and the special meal ordered for my wife, Indian veg, was good. I was a bit disappointed by my meals. They were good but for biz class I thought they were a bit underwhelming. However beyond that we were very pleased with Thai Airways, especially the gracious service.

Thai Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by P Anda    (Australia)

BKK-KTM business. Delightful crew who managed difficult passengers who believed they should be seated in business. This 'game' became more interesting as actual business passengers with boarding passes got on the plane. Food on this flight was brilliant - selection of three mains all of which I wanted to order. Entertainment great. The only flight ever where I've fallen asleep and woken up to find myself covered in a blanket by the most wonderful attentive crew. Loved this flight - just brilliant.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 October 2013 by C Mewes    (New Zealand)

I did my first long haul flight from NZ to Bangkok and then returned with Thai Airways, as well as domestic flights from Bangkok to Phuket and back to Bangkok. I found the service to be great on all flights. It seemed like we were fed constantly (even on the short 1.5 hour flights) and also offered drinks. The food was of a good quality. I'm not a very good flyer and to my surprise found I wasn't at all nervous for any of the flights. The onboard entertainment was fantastic with great movies and TV series to watch.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Mendanha Valentine    (India)

Flew Thai Smile from Bangkok to Macau and back. Nothing to smile about considering its an International sector. Seats good for Thai"s, anyone above 5'7 will find it very difficult to sit in. Food comes in a plastic bag - a bottle of water, a small pudding, a tiny sandwich. In spite of clear weather in Macau a day after Typhoon Usagi spared the area, flight came in 3 hours late, and further delay to land as only one runway operational in BKK - another 40 minutes late, missed my connection to Krabi, rude staff at airport refused to change my ticket to the next mornings flight until I complained. Sat at the airport for 14 hours. Thai Smile in the Land of Smiles for once didnt make me Smile! Never again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 October 2013 by M Benjamin    (UK)

Domestic, Bangkok-Khon Kaen. Aircraft a very old A300-600, which is looking very tired indeed. Cabin crew pleasant enough for this short 40 min hop. Refreshments and a snack is served, in a box, but really not worth opening. Announcements from the captain could not be heard or understood. You pay a premium fare for this route, which is very poor value. Watch out Thai, Air Asia are starting on this route soon.

Thai Airways Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Brett Wood    (Australia)

BKK to SYD. Again no AVOD system. After contacting the Thai airways office directly before booking my flight I was told we'd have the AVOD on the flight. No AVOD!, this is the 3rd time in 3 years this has happened. The aircraft was old and seats were worn, the padding in the back of the seat was compressed so much that it was like leaning on a rock. Staff were fantastic and food was ok.

Thai Airways Customer review :  26 September 2013 by D Mauro    (USA)

BKK-ARN. This airline should be upgraded to a 5-star rating. The cabin was clean and inviting, the entertainment was terrific, food was very good, and the cabin crew was top notch. I was very impressed.

Thai Airways Customer review :  26 September 2013 by D Moore    (UK)

Flown many times over the last 30+ years. Some attempt is being made to upgrade the fleet but it is slow going. Their premier route is surely BKK-LHR-BKK so why don't we have the A380 or new(ish) 777s, only ancient 747s and A340s.

Thai Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by D Hiralal    (Switzerland)

Hong Kong to Bangkok in C-Class. Travelled on the A380. Seats very narrow and cramped. FAs efficient but not friendly. Very small food portions.

Thai Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by J Vass    (Australia)

TG 472 on 26th June 2013. SYD to BKK, this flight was the best flight I have ever had on a 747-400. Leg room was great, staff were nice, flight was smooth and pleasant. I cant wait to fly Thai again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by F Hirst    (Australia)

I flew with Thai round trip SYD-BKK in September. I had no trouble getting emergency exit seats and at no extra cost. The seats were comfortable. The meal provided from Sydney was Lunch and a snack before landing in Bangkok. It wasn't to bad. The Meals provided on Bangkok - Sydney were delicious. The inflight entertainment going was so bad and wouldn't load at all. On the way back there was no inflight entertainment at all. The FA's really didn't appear at all interested in their customer service. After breakfast was served on the return leg, the cabin was darkened and the two rows of seats they had reserved by the galley, were occupied by the FA's and there they sat talking and giggling for hours. I think Thai needs to perhaps encourage the FA's to provide a little more customer service than they do at the moment. Overall it was a good experience and I would use Thai on long haul again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Paul Bennett    (UK)

11/09, LHR-BKK, TG917 returned 17/09, BKK-LHR, TG916. Outward flight only half full in economy so managed to get a block of 4 seats in the middle and slept for 7 hours. Really disappointed with crew, they seemed to be going through the motions and really could not be bothered with giving excellent customer service. Seating OK and entertainment system was good. Flight arrived 20 minutes early which was a bonus and luggage received within minutes. Overall good flight but have come to expect better service from the crew. Inward flight left 20 minutes late which was strange as only 100 passengers on-board. Lots of space to spread out and managed to get 4 seats again which meant some sleep again. Crew were excellent and restored some of our disappointment from the outward flight. Food was good and we received lunch and dinner. Flight landed 25 minutes late in LHR. Luggage came through pretty fast. Overall both flights were good but Thai need to make sure they improve some of their inconsistent crew.

Thai Airways Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Peter Matthews    (New Zealand)

We flew from Bangkok to Milan on the A340 in Economy restricted, this has to be without doubt the most awful long haul seats I have ever sat in, there is no legroom whatsoever and a video box under the seat in front makes things even worse. We were due to return to Bangkok on the same plane 4 weeks later and had decided to bite the bullet and pay for business class as the thought of sitting in similar seats on the return was unthinkable, when we tried to book the business class seats we were informed that there were only 70 passengers and we could have a row of four seats each in normal economy for no extra charge so we took them up on that. The economy restricted seats on the other leg (Auckland to Bangkok) on the 777 were fine and we had no complaints.