Thai Airways International Passenger Reviews and Thai Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thai Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by David Pilkington    (UK)

This was my first flight with Thai airlines, and I am so impressed with the staff, service, food and entertainment. Flying out of Heathrow London direct to Bangkok was lovely and on a huge 747. Coming back I had issues with the Airbus A340-600, seats 51D. Avoid this row as they have made four seats into three, which means the screen is to the left of your eyes and I am 6 foot so I had to squeeze my legs to the left and eat my food off my lap as there was no room to put the tray down. I have emailed them, but heard nothing which will mark down customer services. However, on flight service was amazing.

Thai Airways Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Jalan Mayank    (India)

18th December 2013, BKK-BOM-KKC on TG318 and TG040 respectively. Very helpful crew nice AVOD and great food. The AVOD was not there on BKK-KKC sector but considering it is only a 1 hour flight, it doesn't matter. Nice and clean aircraft and on schedule, worth the price and strongly recommended comparing with other airlines operating on these routes.

Thai Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by A Gautam    (Nepal)

BKK-CMB, 13 Dec. Its Thai Smile operating this sector now which is close to a budget carrier but since it uses the same TG call sign many would not notice. New plane but cramped seats, smallest portion of awful food. No IFE, blankets or pillows for this red eye flight. The previous time I flew this route Thai had a newish A330 with full service and I had to pay the same price whilst flying Thai Smile which makes it a bad value for money.

Thai Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by E Kragseth    (Norway)

I am very disappointed. Had a flight from Bangkok to Oslo. Slightly delayed, but that was ok for me. When I got onboard I was impressed by how friendly the cabin attendants were. However, that changed after a couple of hours airtime. The flight was 13 hrs. During that time the staff came around with drinks only twice. Yes, 13 hrs and 2 cups of water. So, after the first 3 hours I pushed the service button. There came this lady, asking "what do you want?" I told her I would like something to drink. Her response was unfriendly, and that I had to go back to the galley and get it myself. At the next meal handout the cabin attendant looked angry. I've never experienced anything like this, I was calm and neutral at all times and still got treated this way.

Thai Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by M Lagarde    (France)

Oslo - Manila (via Bangkok). Have no complaints at all, the flights were on time and crew were very helpful. Nice seats, the food and inflight entertainment was good. The only negative thing was that on the flight between Bangkok and Manila, the movie projector seemed to be malfunctioning as the screen image was almost all white. This was on both the flight there, and the flight back to Bangkok.

Thai Airways Customer review :  10 December 2013 by J Shah    (Australia)

PER-BKK, on 28 Nov 2013. I had a 1 year old and a 3 year old in tow upon reaching the gate in Perth I was told that Thai does not allow boarding of kids first. I had specifically requested a Bassinet seat for my one year old but none were available, which I took in good grace as it was a day flight was not too much of a problem. On my return on 8th December (night flight) we were given a bassinet seat, upon take off I asked the flight attendant for the bassinet to be provided so that the baby can sleep. Was met with a flat out no saying the baby was too big for a bassinet. He is 9kgs and according to Thai's own website the cut off is 13kgs. I asked 3 other flight attendants and they all said the same thing. Whenever I have travelled Singapore Airlines or even Qantas this has never been the case. So disappointed with the service levels. Never again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by J McKay    (Australia)

Extremely happy with all the aspects of my flights. Crew were very efficient despite the full plane on the Sydney - Bangkok leg and if they weren't particularly chatty or full of smiles this doesn't bother me. Food was also excellent and the inflight entertainment outstanding. I'm not a tall or large person but the legroom did seem more generous than my other airline experiences. Loved the 30kg baggage allowance too. I will definitely choose Thai again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Yong    (Malaysia)

ICN-BKK-KUL. First time flying with Thai Airways and via Bangkok. Check-in at ICN was smooth and fast. The ICN to BKK was quite empty and had a row to myself. The entertainment system was good but B772, ICN-BKK screen was smaller than the new A330, BKK to KUL. The food on both sector were great, one of the best. Service was great. Plenty of drink rounds by the cabin crews. The only problem was walking on the tarmac on both flight at BKK. Overall, it was a pleasant journey and would fly with Thai airways again in the future.

Thai Airways Customer review :  6 December 2013 by P Hillsmith    (UK)

Why on earth is the A380 not on the LHR-BKK route? These old 747's should be pensioned off after 23 years, despite the upgraded seats which are the most uncomfortable Biz class I've ever tried to sleep in, all angles and too short for a chance of a good night on the 12 hour journey. Food for such a wonderful cuisine is a disgrace, why can't they even prepare a simple stir-fry, or a red curry? The cheese was a measly piece of plastic hard cheese and a triangle of factory brie, have they been on Qatar recently? AV system is so outdated with limited film choice when compared to BA/CX and even EVA from Europe to Asia. Wines were all French, high alcohol and totally the wrong choice for 38000 feet up, we want low alcohol Riesling and Pinot. Flew on the date of the Kings birthday, supposed special menu was a complete cock-up, the poor crew had no idea what was onboard and changed my main choice 5 times. The only reason I still felt with them is I'm a gold member and get to use my million miles for upgrades, once they're all gone I'm off in a flash. Despair.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Jan Douglas    (USA)

PNH-BKK on a AB6 and BKK-CDG on a A380. PNH-BKK was in Business and whilst only 1 hour was a great flight. The seats are comfy, the service was good and the fact they could serve a hot meal and drinks in less than an hour was impressive. On arrival in BKK we were met and escorted directly to the First Class lounge, which was great as not sure I would have found it otherwise! The service in the lounge was great, very attentive. Also escorted from here to the next flight. The A380 suites are very comfortable. Service on-board very attentive and food excellent. Not the greatest of movie selections, but a minor grumble. One oddity was that that if you wanted to use an arrival lounge you had to have requested it prior, otherwise your into the Star Alliance lounge, which is a bit of a zoo. Would definitely fly them again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Elizabeth Terrill    (Australia)

Nov 16 2013, TG 476, SYD to BKK. The seat was comfortable. Food was quite poor for First Class, some of it was not as described and some was inedible. Service was poor desite the fact that there was only two of us in First Class. When I asked for a top-up of ice, my dirty glass was returned to me with the ice - lipstick marks and all. The toilets were continuously occupied by the staff so the two passengers had to wait - what a joke. Ground crew took forever to line up the portable staircase, massive incompetence.

Thai Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by T Secomb    (Sri Lanka)

CMB-BKK-CMB. Beware of Thai Smile! I have to admit that I was not aware of Thai Smile before my experience on 23-26 Nov 2013. I booked my flight on the Thai Airways website, the flights had a TG prefix, and the confirmation email came from Thai Airways International. I deliberately chose Thai Airways, as I wanted a quality of service better than the alternative of Sri Lankan Airways. The whole journey left me disappointed. I thought I was on a full service flight, but obviously wasn't. The plane was new - but was incredibly uncomfortable due seat pitch and leg room. Staff are young, immature and rather clueless about customer service. Food was nothing special. Thai Smile should be operated as a completely different airline and have a different prefix. I felt misled that I had booked a "Low Cost Service" whilst using the regular Thai Airways website. No where on the ticketing does it mention that it was Thai Smile service. I have flown Thai on many occasions and always been happy, however, now the reputation of TG has been shattered for me. I don't understand how you can interchange a LCC service with a premium service using the same airline code, when clearly they are a world apart. I'm not a complainer but Thai Airways really need to address this.

Thai Airways Customer review :  27 November 2013 by L Ford    (Australia)

BKK-HKT-BKK on an Airbus A300. Great plane. Pillows are on very seat. Heaps of legroom. The Plane was super clean. Cabin was becoming a little bit dated. Snack box was nice however the juice was way to sweet. It would be nice if cold beverages were served. Air show system was good as was the staff service. I would fly THAI on these short hops again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by B Stewart    (Hong Kong)

HKG-BKK-LHR-BKK-HKG and HKG-BKK-SYD-BKK-HKG all in First. I have not flown TG since I moved my loyalty to oneworld about 12 years ago and happy to say that they are still a very good airline. The legendary Thai service was very much at the fore on each sector and the food and wines, while not outstanding, were good to very good. Experienced both the A380 and the refitted 747 and prefer the 747 as it feels more intimate than the A380. After reading the glowing reviews of the First lounge in BKK, my expectations were set very high but unfortunately I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly nice lounge with extremely attentive service however with the ambient noise from the terminal its not really an oasis of calm and the place looks like it needs a refurb. The buggies to and from the aircraft are a nice touch given the enormity of Suvarnabhumi. TGs pricing out of HKG means they're extraordinary value for money compared to flying direct so I'll be using them again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  21 November 2013 by T Yin    (Singapore)

Have flown SIN-BKK-SIN a number of times for work and it feels like each experience is worse than the last, especially on the SIN-BKK leg. For whatever reason Thai has started using domestic aircraft for some of the SIN- BKK flights. This means old planes, limited overhead storage and no inflight entertainment system. When my colleague once asked why we were on this aircraft the stewardess apologized and said it was a one-off. A lie because subsequent trips were the same. They also park the planes at the furthest possible corner of Suvarnabhumi airport, so you have to climb down the ramp with your luggage, take a 5-10 minute bus ride to a terminal, and then a long walk to immigration. Same on outgoing to Singapore. Would not fly Thai on this route again if I had a choice.

Thai Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by L Ford    (Australia)

MEL-BKK-HKT-BKK-MEL. MEL-BKK food was good. Plane was clean but entertainment system did not work. No apologies from crew just "don't touch for five minuets". I was told in a stern voice. Crew came around with drinks regularly. However no smiles at all. Only smiles we got were from QF ground staff helping with boarding. Crew members just were pointing which aisles to go down. BKK-MEL. Food was inedible. It was a frittata with no taste at all. No one ate it. Dinner was disappointing. Plane was clean. Entertainment was good. Safety was lacking. Crew did not demo, just played a video. They did not secure cabin for take off for example did not check seat belts, foot rests, chairs etc. Did not feel very safe. The check-in agent in BKK did not speak. Overall not the friendly. Next time I would fly Qantas.