Thai Airways International Passenger Reviews and Thai Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thai Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by H Blumenthal    (France)

Thai Smiles is not much of a smile! On domestic routes a large number of flights (but not all) are now done under the name Thai Smiles. If TG is an airline I have always appreciated and flown both internationally and domestically their Thai Smiles, at least in Business class, is just a way to cheat passengers: if you buy a ticket on TG you don't expect to be on a flight offering a low cost airline service at a normal airline business cost. On this flight Bangkok to Krabi, we were sitting in coach seats (no passenger in the middle that is the only plus), food was revolting and service to its minimum. To be honest a few days later I flew another domestic TG from Chiang Mai to BKK, this time with business seats and service. So be sure to check if your flight will be Smiles or not!

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Philip Lee    (Singapore)

Singapore to Sapporo via Bangkok and return from Haneda to Singapore via Bangkok again. All flights were in Business class except Haneda - Bangkok which was in First. 1st sector SIN-BKK, 777-300ER, comfortable seats but a bit on the narrow side and claustrophobic when in the fully flat mode. Staggered seating so everybody had aisle access. Service and food was fantastic. Crew were friendly and energetic. Towels newspapers and drinks offered on ground. BKK-CTS, 777-300, seats arranged 2-3-2 in angled flat. Still comfortable and I find more spacious than the 777-300ER seats. However service was terrible. Could see the crew was just going through the motion and didn't bother. The 2 stewards had no smiles. On ground no towels or newspaper offered, only drinks. After takeoff a light refreshment is served and breakfast before arrival. Didn't eat so cant comment on the food. Haneda-Bangkok in First, 747-400. Night flight so not much to comment. Everything offered on ground. Rimowa toiletry kit which was nice. One thing about Thai, their blankets are really very nice and comfy. The supervisor offered to make my bed but as it was already in flat bed mode I told her it was ok. Again light refreshment served after takeoff and breakfast served before landing. Didn't eat again but my friend had the eggs and he said it was awful. TG changed our seats before we left for Sapporo from 2 windows to the 2 center seats. Their reason - change of aircraft. Transit in Bangkok was fantastic. They had a buggy waiting to transport us to the lounge. As our original flight to Singapore was cancelled we had a 7 hour layover. They let us use the First Class lounge so we could take a nap in one of their private rooms. Lounge was empty so was very peaceful and quiet. BKK-SIN, A330, again service was very good on this short hop. Crew were young and enthusiastic and food very good. Would fly Thai again for its reasonable ticket and comfortable seats.

Thai Airways Customer review :  27 February 2014 by D Jackson    (UK)

LHR-BKK, TG 917 out on 13th Feb 2014, back BKK to LHR on 23rd Feb, Airbus A340. I have not flown Thai since 1994 but was extremely impressed with the standard. The crew were superb, nothing was too difficult for them, plenty of food and drink served in generous quantities even in economy. AVOD a bit slow to respond but a decent selection of films and music available. I will definitely use them again. I am 6 ft tall and I was impressed with the space for my legs.

Thai Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Saskia Nozz    (UK)

Flew from London to Bangkok in December 2013. Flight departed on time. We have previously flown with another Airline to Bangkok but chose Thai due to the excellent price! We were slightly worried as it was a good deal. All our worries disappeared once we were on the airline. The seats were great with much more leg room than the other Airlines we have flown with. We were offered a drink quickly and offered drinks continually through our flight. Food, excellent and served quickly and tasted really great. The staff were fantastic, always smiling, happy to help. The on board entertainment was also very good, lots of film choices. Would definitely fly with Thai again and would highly recommend.

Thai Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

TG601, HKG-BKK, 7474-400, Seat 69A. I've not used Thai for a few years since changing the alliance I use from Star to Oneworld, this however was the cheapest I could find on this route. I can't remember ever using TG in economy either it's always been business and on a few occasions first, for what I paid it was ok seat was not that comfortable although there was enough space. They served a hot meal which was fine and the aircraft despite being very old had PTV in all seats, my star alliance membership ends soon but I managed to use the lounge at HKIA food was good with lots of variety and it's located very close to the departure gate. All in all an ok trip and service for a 2hr 30min flight I don't know if I would use TG in economy for a long haul I like the premium economy offered by most Oneworld carriers.

Thai Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by M Kuripot    (Thailand)

TG507, Bangkok to Muscat on February 23. Flight was only half full. A330-300 appeared very old. Entertainment system did not work at all. Crew did their best with good service. Food was not very good though.

Thai Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Phuket-Hong Kong in Business class. For a regional business class - this was very good indeed. The aircraft, an Airbus 300 wide bodied was about 3 years old. The interior was immaculate. The seats, although not fully flat on the recline, was very comfortable indeed for the 4 hour flight. Good AVOD entertainment system. Drinks all served from a trolley was a nice touch. Food very tasty and good portions. FAs very friendly and efficient. All in all - good value for money and I would strongly recommend.

Thai Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by L Maripolsky    (Thailand)

My wife and I flew Bangkok - Sapporo - Bangkok, TG670, 8 Feb, TG671, 16 Feb. Both flights were B777-300ER. Check In was efficient in Bangkok and excellent in Sapporo. Cabin crew were friendly and gracious. Our special meal requests were handled without problems.

Thai Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by B Smithson    (Australia)

KIX-BKK-MEL in Business Class. Overnight to BKK in A330 - these J seats look the same as the 777/747 J seats but have less pitch therefore are on more of an angle. Despite the light load I found sleeping difficult as it was a tight angle. BKK is an enormous airport and take a long time to walk anywhere. TG Lounges were fine - was hoping for the chicken noodle soup I enjoyed there last time but it was not to be. Boarded at a remote gate which was a complete shambles and thus departed late. BKK-MEL was on the 777-200 which is a fantastic cabin - very spacious, more pitch than the A330 therefore a flatter bed. Was very surprised and impressed to be served both a full breakfast and a full dinner - usually on Asian to Australia flights you get one of the other + a snack. 'Signature dish' of Massaman Curry was dreadful - chicken in red water but there's always plenty of food on Thai. Thai is a very old fashioned airline and not in the same league as CX and SQ but have a perfectly acceptable business class product.

Thai Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by A Jenkins    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Bangkok, 8/1/14-30/1/14, TG491 and 492. Boeing 777-200 was good. Food was average, movies etc were good. Cabin crew were uninterested. Overall okay.

Thai Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by K Airey    (UK)

LHR to BKK, Flight TG911 on 6th January was satisfactory with friendly obliging staff, although requested seats were found not to have been confirmed, when we checked in, and therefore had to settle for alternative! Frequent offers of drinks during the flight. Spent time at BKK reserving seats for return, which were confirmed in print and on web. Booking in for return on Flight TG 910 on 26th January to find we had been allocated seats by bulkhead and toilets! Not happy and sleepless night! Staff were off hand and rushed meals so much they bore little resemblance to the menu. No drinks were offered during the night.

Thai Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Richard Wright    (Canada)

Flew on 15 January 2014 from BKK to CDG via TG 930, in business class. New A380: Beautiful aircraft, most comfortable business class. As I was not hungry at dinner time, I advised the cabin attendant that I would skip the dinner, but would like a snack later. Around mid-point in the flight I went to the galley and asked the attendant for some food. I was told that no food would be available until the breakfast service, several hours later. I was given only two small packets of crackers to last several hours until the next full meal service, causing me several hours of discomfort. Unbelievable! Other than that, the flight was great.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by N Taeshi    (Hong Kong)

TG 639 from HKG to BKK. Overall was ok, but the choice of food is less interesting. Crew were friendly. The big let down was the wait for the luggage to arrive. The bags of business class came after the economy bags and the wait was about 40 mins. No staff were there to address any inquires I had.