Thai Airways International Passenger Reviews and Thai Airways Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Thai Airways Videos to Experience the Product and Service

Thai Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Nilsson    (Sweden)

CPH-BKK-CPH, Very nice and comfortable airplanes, 777s. Thai has really improved their product when replacing the old 747´s. Entertainment system good with a wide variety of movies, TV-series etc. Staff very friendly and attentive, food great as always. Last couple of trips to BKK I have chosen different airlines due to the former outdated 747, but from now on I will definitely fly Thai again. The flights were on time both ways.

Thai Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-BKK-KUL, TG911/TG415 had to travel from London to Kuala Lumpur at very short notice on Saturday 5th July. Thai was one of the only airlines available to book online, apart from the check in at LHR T3 being shambolic the flights where great. On the LHR-BKK flight 747-400 the seats were very good with plenty of room, the food some of the best I've had in economy, the crew were just the best, very helpful. I was taking my niece back to KL after a family bereavement the crew so caring. I had access to the Thai lounge in BKK which offered a relaxing place to wait for the connecting flight, the flight BKK-KUL another great crew new aircraft nice seating and great food, I don't use Star Alliance much these days but will consider returning my loyalty after this experience.

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Ken Gibson    (UK)

Flew LHR-Bangkok on 24 May (A340-600 barely 30% occupied), Bangkok - Chiang Mai, 28 May (one hour flight on an A330 barely 50% occupied) and Bangkok - LHR on 7/8th June (B747, 90% occupied). All flights on time, decent leg room and reasonable choice of movies on long haul. Food served free on domestic. Though all food was average at best. Very helpful, friendly and pleasant staff throughout. My only complaint is the slowness of boarding - for every staff member checking boarding cards, there seemed to be at least one more standing watching rather than helping.

Thai Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by B Dinkel    (Vietnam)

Was flying HKG-BKK on 22nd June. Departure on time, Service was ok. Food nothing to write home about. Pretty standard, would like to see a bit more valued dishes in BC class. A Thai style chicken, which consisted of a tasteless fried chicken leg served with steamed rice and Japanese Eggs. Fruit should be ripe. Otherwise flight was pleasant.

Thai Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Pryse Jones    (Australia)

Flew SYD to BKK, Wed 11th June, TG 146. What a total disappointment. An hour late to leave. IFE did not work. 8.5 hours of flying with no music to listen to, no TV/ movies. Cabin crew completely indifferent. Probably experienced it many times. Food was rubbish, hot curies for breakfast, and whatever the next meal was supposed to be. Overheated, inedible noodle dish. Couldn't wait to get off.

Thai Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Jose Btesh    (USA)

I flew from Frankfurt to Bangkok, First Class, A340-600. Service was Royal First as they claim, food was excellent as well as seat comfort. Thai Airways represents for me the Spirit of Thai people, first class on service, friendly and humble.

Thai Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Singleton John Robert    (Germany)

Frankfurt to BKK on flight TG921 on May 6th returning on May 16th. Service was great, flight crew helpful and always had a smile. Inflight entertainment and food second to none. Will not hesitate to use again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by D Davies    (Australia)

My hubby and I have been flying to Thailand each year for the last ten years, we decided to shout ourselves an upgrade to business class as it was our ten year anniversary, when you check your baggage in you ask how much to upgrade and we got a good deal, having always been in economy one thing that really annoyed me was we only like flying during the day, and unfortunately on Thai Airways, day or night, after they serve you food, they shut all the shades down and expect you to sleep (this is obviously a ploy to stop asking the crew for drinks etc). However, myself and a couple of other people keep our shades open even though the crew always try and shut them, to my horror, on business class the same thing happened, shades went down. If I'm flying business it's my option if I want my shade down or not, very annoying.. Anyway I just kept my shade open much to their annoyance, apart from that service was good food bit average for business class, would be very interested to know if other airlines do the same thing shutting all the shades?

Thai Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by C desLandes    (New Zealand)

TG492, AKL to BKK, economy class. Although plane half full due to political unrest in Thailand, the service was outstanding and of same standard as 6 months ago.

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Streb Lovell    (Taiwan)

TPE-BKK, rt in Business. No complaints start to finish. Both flights pretty full, despite a political situation in Thailand that is supposedly having a negative impact on the travel industry. Food on Thai is better than the Taiwan airlines flying this route.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by I Fraser    (Australia)

Our flight was SYD-LHR return via BKK seats 14A & B in all sectors, below are the relevant points. SYD-BKK (744) - the sound on the audio and video channels for both seats continually broke up rendering system useless, out of 2 wines only 1 available. BKK-LHR (744) - again the sound and audio for both seats continually broke up and again unable to use IFE, out of the same 2 wines on offer only the same wine on the first leg was available. LHR-BKK (A340-600) - As on the previous 2 sectors the same white wine was not available from the same list. BKK-SYD (744) - I bought a book as we were again flying a 744, unfortunately my overhead light would not switch on and just to add to the farce my wife's overhead light would not go off, on a positive note the IFE was working. After our dinner I asked for a second coffee, only to be told by an extremely arrogant cabin crew member that I had not finished my first one yet, this is not in any sense hospitality this is just being down right rude. My wife and I have been travelling with Thai for 20 years (I can hear you saying 'more fool us') but no more.

Thai Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Ron Spencer    (Australia)

Our trip to Thailand was almost spoilt before it even started. An easy check in at Melbourne Airport and then down to the Lounge. The lounge was like a dungeon. Late on a Friday night the food was terrible. A soup of some sort that I did not like the look of and packet fish fingers and soggy potato wedges. The fish was inedible. Grey and mushy in texture. In their defence the staff offered to make us a sandwich. A sandwich in the business lounge? The bar was well stocked and we survived until we boarded the plane. The plane, an almost new 777. The flight, meals and cabin crew were all excellent. At all our other stops the lounges were excellent with fresh food available. Melbourne lounge, very disappointing.

Thai Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by S Adlam    (USA)

LAX-BKK-AKL. Business. New Star Alliance lounge at LAX was excellent feeling more like a five star hotel with outdoor patio. Overall, Thai was flawless on both legs with excellent service that was attentive and professional. The cabin is clean and smart with angle lie flat seats with great pillows and duvets. Order the Chef was a great choice with the lobster as with all meals and excellent selection of wines. Was very impressed how this felt very Thai and authentic. Sleeping was not a problem and quite comfortable. The highlight is the BKK Thai lounge - there are three and the one I preferred had the standard fixtures with great private bedrooms to catch some sleep. Also, a free massage at there spa which I had to say was one of the best I've had. I would fly Thai again for sure.

Thai Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Jacques De Vriese    (Belgium)

BRU-BKK-BRU in May 2014. I had a very nice crew on both flights, food was great for airplane food. The seats enabled me to sleep in comfortable way most of the flights. The onboard entertainment system was very good with lots of new films.

Thai Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by W James    (Thailand)

BKK-LHR, TG 910, 07/08/2013. Miserable, rude check in staff and then to find the gate boarding staff even worse. No Thai smiles on this trip. Cabin crew were better but not as attentive as other options on the LHR route. The ground staff got the journey off to a bad start which coloured the whole journey!

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by H Drewery    (UK)

Sat on TG911 (London to Bangkok) for 4 hours on the tarmac before this flight was cancelled due to engine failure. Staff seemed to be out of their depth. Eventually put on another star alliance flight to Bangkok which was a cheaper flight than the one we had paid for. When checking in for return to London, Thai Airways had given our seats away. After a lot of haggling, got onto flight. Shocking service. Staff poorly trained but worse were rude and arrogant. They tried to get us to accept an economy flight when we had paid for business. I will never fly this airline again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by S Croome    (UK)

TG911, LHR-BKK, 747-400, Royal First Class - new first class cabin. Managed to get online check in completed 23 hours before the flight and got seats 1A and 1K. Because we were transiting through Bangkok and onto Hanoi we had to get our boarding passes at LHR as our visas had to be checked. Arrived at the Royal First class desk where we were processed in an efficient and friendly manner. When flying Thai Airways Royal First Class you are told that you can use the SAS London Lounge which is the general Star Alliance lounge in T3. In fact you are also able to use the Singapore Airlines First Class lounge which, if you time it right with their flights, is actually a much nicer lounge and much quieter. There are no announcements in the lounge so you have to be a bit vigilant with the time for boarding, especially if your gate is a walk away. Arrived at the gate just as boarding had started and after a short wait first and business class passengers were ushered down a separate boarding way into door 1L. Within a matter of minutes the cabin service director came and welcomed us on board, he came round with a tray of glasses and a bottle of champagne in hand. The ambience of the new first class cabin is noticeable with its hues of cream purple and wood. The mini suites (without doors) are spacious, the seats wide and comfortable and comes with plenty of storage space to the side, under the windows and under the ottoman. To the front sits the massive 23" screen with the ubiquitous Thai orchid in pride of place and on the aisle side is a small closet with hanging space. To the window side of the seat, starting at the front is the magazine rack, storage for the headphones and a multi pin power socket, then the large and heavy wooden table which lifts out of the housing, followed by a small touch screen which controls the seat positions and then a further storage area where the entertainment handset, 2 x USB ports and a further cubby hole can be found. For couples travelling together seats 1A and 1K are definitely the ones to go for if you want a window view, otherwise seats 3E and 3F which are two seated together in the middle at the rear of the cabin. If you are travelling alone, any of the other widow seats or 2E will be suitable. There was very little communication from the flight deck throughout the flight, but it kept the flight quiet and peaceful. The food service was exceptional and started almost immediately. First came the drinks service and warm nuts. Drinks service was followed by canapés. Once this was finished the table was laid and service began. We had pre-ordered the Lobster Thermidor online and it did not disappoint. Once I had finished watching a film, I asked the crew to make up my bed and by the time I returned to my seat my bed was made. I slept for about 4-5 hours before the lights were switched on for the breakfast service. Before we started to make our descent into Bangkok the first class crew came round to each individual passenger to thank them for flying with Thai and handed out an orchid, a lovely touch. This particular crew were friendly, chatty and attentive without being annoying. The food and drink service was exceptional and the pre-ordered dish was very good. The new cabin is comfortable, airy and the mini suites cocoon you from your fellow passengers; I like the relaxed feel of the cabin with only 9 seats compared to British Airways first cabin of 14.

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by S Croome    (UK)

TG916, BKK-LHR, A340-600, Royal First Class. I checked in online 24 hours before the flight and was able to confirm seats 1A and 2A which I had already allocated beforehand. Because we were transiting through Bangkok from Koh Samui we had to get our boarding passes at BKK. Arrived at the Royal First class area and were greeted by two eager porters who took our bags and another member of staff took our passports. We were ushered to the seating area whilst the formalities of check in was completed. We were then ushered off, through fast track security and then onto fast track immigration, which again was swift. After immigration you descend an escalator which takes you straight into the Royal Silk Business Class lounge, however as we were flying First Class, a golf buggy was awaiting us at the bottom and we were whisked off through the business class lounge and along the corridor of Concourse D to the Royal Orchid Spa. As we had booked a massage at the check in desk, we were dropped off outside the spa. There are no calls for boarding in the lounge, instead lounge staff come and find you 20 minutes before the flight is due to depart, and escort you to the aircraft. Boarding was swift and straight-forward. Shortly after taking my seat a glass of champagne was offered along with papers, magazines and the menu. Aircraft servicing the lunchtime departure to the UK is the A340-600 and so the Royal First Class is of the older, open seat variety. The cabin does feel very spacious with only 8 seats, but it is an old layout. There is plenty of storage, although not as many sockets and connection points and cubby hole cupboards as on the new 747 layout. For couples travelling together the middle seats 1/2E and 1/2F are definitely the ones to go for, however if you want a window view, you can sit in tandem as we did and have either 1/2A or 1/2K and dine together if you fancy a chat. Flight pushed back on time, the food service started well with the drinks service and warm nuts and the canapés. The crew did not come around and ask for our meal order, instead choosing to serve everyone in the cabin the same early courses and then proceeded to offer the main courses from the wheeled table. They completed missed out one of the main course choices. By the time we were served the food was cold and unappetising. Even though this was a daytime flight I wanted to try to get some sleep so proceeded to make my bed, at which point one of the crew came out of the galley and continued the process for me. The seat on the old A340-600 does not go fully flat, it leaves the head end slightly elevated which quite frankly was causing me some severe problems with my neck when lying on my side, I probably only got 2-3 hours sleep. Lights were switched on 2 hours before landing and the afternoon meal was served. I opted for the Chicken and Leek soup, which because it was served to order, was hot and delicious. We landed on time and bags were collected within about 30 minutes of landing. The Thai Airways ground service at Bangkok was absolutely second-to-none from the moment we checked in we were very well looked after, the flight however left a lot to be desired and was shame considering the excellent service we had on the outbound flight.

Thai Airways Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Clive Cottle    (Germany)

Flight TG 911 and return TG 910, LHR - Bangkok and return was fantastic. The inflight entertainment was very good. Food was quite acceptable and the service of the flight attendants very good indeed. The Boeing 747-400 which has been refurbished was comfortable with good leg room and just purred along. Flight on time each way. My wife and I flew with Thai on 3rd April 2014.

Thai Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Stephen Johnson    (UK)

TG911, 6 April 2014. Great flight as the inflight entertainment was great and the food was actually quite nice and the staff were always bright and ready for any occasion. No complaints.

Thai Airways Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Yong Mak    (Hong Kong)

HKG-BKK-HKG, Outbound flight TG639, Inbound flight TG602, both A330-300. Outbound was slightly delayed due to traffic congestion at Hong Kong airport (travel at the peak of Easter holiday). Staff services were great for both flights, friendly, efficient and smooth. Dinners were quite delicious. Inflight Entertainment of the inbound flight was very disappointing. There was no TV screen for each seat.

Thai Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-CDG-BKK, A380, seat 77j Economy. Not a bad flight but very limited space for tall people like me. Food ok, wine served in plastic bottle is terrible. Flight attendants looked tired and bored. Forgot something in the plane on arrival, of course they didn't find anything and we were the last to leave the aircraft.

Thai Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by E Crummy    (Australia)

We went from Sydney to Bangkok then Bangkok to Phuket and return. Food was just passable. Service really needs work. Pressed the attendant buzzer and was walked past a number of times. Not even asked if we would like wine with our dinner and were squashed in, I doubt I would use this airline again. The only good thing were that the flights were on time.

Thai Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by P Rubenstein    (Canada)

BRU-BKK on B777-200 and BKK-FRA on AB346. Seats on both planes, are the semi lie flat type most of the other Asian carriers exchanged in favour of full lie flat seats. I don't understand why TG can't have fully lie flat seating on near 12 hour flights. It is difficult to sleep in the current seats. IFE was somewhat slow, but there was a decent inventory of films. A nice touch was the loaded menu for the flight as I didn't get a menu on my return flight. Outgoing flight service was somewhat poor with the FAs not too interested in the pax. Return flight had FAs present in the cabin. On both flights despite there supposedly being a selection of white wines, there was one white wine option only. Outgoing 1st meal was overcooked, bland and poorly presented. The 2nd meal was equally unpleasant. Return flight 1st meal was up to TG's former reputation, but the 2nd meal option consisted of some greasy pork sausages on cabbage with boiled potato. It looked like someone had run down to the 7-11 and bought some of those hot dogs that are a mainstay of Thailand 7-11s. Seriously, sausages as a meal in business class? The other option was duck. Gate staff in Brussels are contracted out and they were rather unpleasant. Bangkok TG check-in and gate experience was excellent. Baggage service on inbound flight was slow and rather poor, However, bags were delivered promptly in FRA. It's sad to see an airline that had once set the standard for service and F&B, deteriorate. I hope that TG can set itself straight.

Thai Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Ron Kuhlmann    (USA)

TPE-BKK and return. Both flights on time and up to expectations for TG. The A333 seats are not flat but for the time enroute, that was unnecessary. I do like Thai's service and the quiet efficiency of the crew. Overall, another pleasant experience and the availability of the spa and a massage on departure makes it even more desirable.

Thai Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

BKK-HKT-PKK in Economy Class. Was thoroughly pleased with the Thai Airways flight. Not only the service, punctuality and price, but also the treatment of Star Gold. Even though it's a relatively short flight (1 hour and change), both segments operated with widebody (A330/777-300) and made for a really pleasant journey. Offered exit row seats without having to ask - which was wonderful. Great snack run and multiple coffee/water runs done during the flight. The cabin crew couldn't have been more hospitable. First time on Thai and would recommend to friends/family. All in all a great experience, from check-in to security to lounge access to baggage handling/arrival.

Thai Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Dwip Kitayaporn    (Thailand)

We flew TG106 on 03/04/14 on BKK-CNX route and returned on 05/04/14 by TG111 using redemption tickets. We originally were confirmed on an earlier TG104 but that flight was cancelled and we were placed on TG106. We were informed on this cancellation two days prior to the travelling date. BTW, on the morning of 03/04/14, we were again rung if we could be moved to other flights and the answer was absolutely "no". This cancellation approach does not give us good impression. To be fair, inflight services are OK and reasonable on both legs. Yet the TG104 used an old B737-400 with old uncomfortable seats, whilst the return was an A330 with modernised seats and more leg rooms.

Thai Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by B Andreas    (Germany)

SYD-BKK in First Class. Thai Airways managed to stuff up my complete itinerary just days before my departure. The flight was cancelled without notification. No calls. No emails. Nothing. I was eventually put back on the original flight. The cabin looked worn out, the flight attendant didn't look motivated at all and the food quality was extremely poor. Overall it was a sad and disappointing experience especially for First Class. I will avoid Thai Airways in the future.

Thai Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by D Egginton    (Indonesia)

Denpasar to Bangkok return, TG 432 and TG 431. Outward on an Airbus and back on B777. Both flights nearly full but the crew worked hard on both legs. Big difference for this trip was the personal TV screens compared to nothing 12 months ago. Preferred the B777 cabin layout.

Thai Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Roxanne Jones    (USA)

Last night I enjoyed a wonderful flight from BKK to SIN (flight 409) in business class. FA's were efficient, and professional. I ate in the lounge prior to the flight so I didn't intend to eat again, but the food was very good. The seats were extremely comfortable, and the IFE was varied and responsive. Add to that the "smooth as silk" flight, and I was a happy camper!

Thai Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by E Donnelly    (Australia)

Having booked business class we expected to be seated in business class seats. Our flight was from Melbourne to Bangkok and return so we at least expected to fly in a 777-300. However they apparently only use the old 777-200 which is pathetic. The seats are uncomfortable even to sit in and more impossible to sleep in.

Thai Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Badertscher Boris    (Switzerland)

Flight TG 640 on 14/03/16, A380. Staff were very friendly. A slow service for serving the ordered menu, when you call the staff the response was not quick. The Seats are very uncomfortable, the seat is too high. For me with a height of 171 cms I can't have my feet comfortably on floor. Even when the seat was in a flat position (near flat 170 degrees) the leg space is very small. The entertainment system is of the newest standards with big and clear touch screens.

Thai Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by K Phair    (UK)

Out on 26/27 Feb and back on 9/10 March. TH910 and TH911. Good planes, great legroom, polite service, good food, great entertainment. Slick transfer procedures in their Bangkok hub. What more could one want?

Thai Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Mahad Saadat    (Pakistan)

Bangkok to Phuket. Boeing 747. No problem at check in. Delicious food and variety of beverages. Plane took off and landed on time. The window seat was just fine lie flat seats and plenty of space. Inflight entertainment was good but a little difficult to use. Loved the flight and would fly on Thai again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by P Turner    (UK)

LHR-BKK. This was the best economy class flight I have had in 45 years of travelling. Although I am 6ft 2", I had ample leg room. The food was good, the cabin crew excellent, the toilets were kept spotless and sandwiches and drinks were always available in the rear galley. I cannot think of a single thing to complain about. The return flight however was rather different.

Thai Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by P Turner    (UK)

BKK-LHR. After an exceptionally good outward flight I found myself at the very back of the economy cabin for the return trip. This seat was narrower than standard, had an entertainment box under the seat in front and had far less seat pitch than the advertised 34". In short it was very cramped. Another problem was that every time we flew through any slightly unstable air, the back of the plane yawed from side to side sufficiently to spill drinks. I imagine this is because the A340-600 is so long, and the back seats are a long way from the centre of pressure so any slight lateral movement is exaggerated. After 13 hours of this I felt most unwell. The cabin crew were as good as before.

Thai Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by T Stephen    (UK)

Heathrow to Bangkok in March 2014 then connected to Phuket. Seamless transfers, luggage transferred from flight to flight, no problems or work from us. We traveled economy and felt we had reasonable leg space, the inflight entertainment was very good. The staff could not have been nicer they were polite helpful and attentive on all four flights. If you needed another drink or snack you just needs to ask.

Thai Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by F Ordner    (France)

CDG-BKK, TG931 and BKK-CDG on A380. New Planes. Clean and Airy cabin. Lie Flat seats OK but narrow. IFE good. Staff efficient but robotic. Main Meal Lunch outbound rushed and Dinner inbound again rushed. Pre Meal Drinks served with one tiny bag of peanuts and on return served with nothing at all! Quality of food served on board between mediocre and poor. Overall an inferior business class experience. Both flights perfectly on time.

Thai Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by W Brown    (Singapore)

Flew on a 777-300 with recently refurbished business class. Seating wasn't bad. Bed was lie flat, but not too wide. Wine list selection was a little thin and only serve French wines. Food was not bad, but not the best I've had. Not quite as good as SQ, but overall it was decent value for money.

Thai Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by E Yang    (Singapore)

SIN-BKK-ZRH-BKK-SIN in March 2014. 1st leg and BKK to ZRH were good with a 2 hour connection. Return ZRH to BKK was sub par as service on board was patchy and forgetful. Food OK. Had a 5 hour lay over in BKK due to flights reduction due to troubles in Bangkok. Had arrive around 6.45 am and flight out was at 12.20pm. Had decided despite this to fly Thai as they were almost 50% cheaper on J Class than SQ and 40% cheaper than Qatar my usual airline. For this price, I am not going to complain!

Thai Airways Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Sargent Alan    (Australia)

Bangkok - Kathmandu - Bangkok. A comfortable flight, food and wine were OK without being top notch, service was friendly and unobtrusive. Seats were comfortable and allowed a good rest. They were angled flat seats. Flight was long enough to allow a movie to be watched in each direction. No problems with check ins and bags received priority in both directions.

Thai Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Klaus Malling    (Denmark)

BKK-CPH. Had to use business class / Royal Silk) options, as economy class full for days. Used fast track and got to lounge, which was crowded but with much better food solutions than I have seen in any other airport. Flight at night on 777-300ER. Dinner quickly served, cold options absolutely the best, as hot meals seemed somewhat overcooked, of 4 options I took prawns with garlic coriander sauce, which was rather tasteless and unspicy with rice - not too interesting, all in all like an enlarged economy meal - also breakfast options. However, service both effective, smiling and very quick, leaving a long night for sleep on fully flat bed. Inflight entertainment average and compared to e.g. emirates and Turkish with less - to me - interesting options, although most of night spend sleeping.

Thai Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Bellagamba Cristina    (Denmark)

I had the most unpleasant night flight from Bangkok to Copenhagen. Seats are so uncomfortable it is impossible to get more than an hours sleep. Food is really horrible. Service is nothing like you would expect from Thai people, who are usually always so nice and kind and service minded. I asked for vegetarian food, I was not able to book it previously, and the hostess came with ham and salami. I don't think I will try Thai Airways again.

Thai Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by M Glowacki    (Norway)

OSL-BKK-AKL-BKK-OSL: Oslo legs on new B773s, while Auckland legs on older B772s. Screens much better on the newer planes. Seat comfort good on all. IFE was excellent with plenty of movies to choose from. However I was very disappointed with the service and food on all legs. Half the crew seemed grumpy the whole time and not a smile was to be seen. Two very bland meals were served on each leg. We got hungry mid-flight on several of the legs and asked if they had any snacks, but all they could offer was some crackers and cheese. Crew were not particularly diligent in going round with water/drinks during the flights so most of the time I ended up going to the galley myself. Overall a disappointment. Have experienced a lot better on some of the other Asian (and even European) carriers.

Thai Airways Customer review :  12 March 2014 by P Borschberg    (Singapore)

Flight from Bangkok to Frankfurt and back on the new A380. Excellent comfort, excellent service, everything ran smooth as a clockwork both ways. I found the cabin crew to be more attentive than usual and they were paying excellent attention to the elderly couple sitting in front of me.

Thai Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by S Bailey    (Thailand)

Thai Smile, BKK-MFM. No smiles on this flight, zero entertainment, revolting food, nothing for kids. Pretty much the same level as service as NokAir, except at TG prices. Check in at BKK is for all Thai Smile flights international and domestic, so be prepared for a long queue. Glad we didn't opt for business class, which are the same economy seats with the center one left empty! Flight was on time though.

Thai Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Ian Roberts    (UK)

LHR-BKK (747)-HKG (777)-BKK(747)-LHR(A340) I had forsaken my 2 favoured carriers to BKK, adjusted my trip and paid a higher than needed fare to do two flights on the A380. I was not best pleased when as soon as trip finalised they were taken off (LHR-BKK and HKG-BKK). Overall OK-a trailing rather than leading product except for BKK-LHR which was wonderful in all aspects. Generally I don't mind the semi lie flat seats but just could not a get comfortable adjustment on any except the A340, this flight was 'smooth as silk' with a great crew and product whereas the rest was going through the motions more. Lounges OK at best-very good at HKG. Fast track at LHR and departure at BKK only-immigration took 1.5 hrs going into Thailand and nearly an hour at HKG due to obscure pax in my line. Overall probably would have put a X instead of a tick but the BKK/LHR was so good all round has lifted the experience but will be reverting to my usual carriers in future.

Thai Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-AKL-BKK. No flat bed in business class, very uncomfortable seat, food was as good as economy class food on regular airlines - doesn't match business class and price offered. Very little service with uninterested staff. Only good point is its a direct fly. Very disappointed overall.