Swiss International Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by I Thernot    (Germany)

ZRH-HAM. Friendly and accommodating crew with good drinks selection and a snack. Overall the Lufthansa Group's ground-crew policy of outsourcing check-in services to the cheapest provider counteracts the excellent on-board service: In my row in economy we were 3 Star-Gold customers (visible on our boarding passes) sandwiched next to each other. One look to the rear of the plane revealed that nearly all middle seats on the plane were empty. This seating practice leaves the impression that status-customers are being punished for their loyalty.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Peter Anthony    (Canada)

I flew Swiss a few weeks ago from Zurich to Bucharest on a one-way flight. Having paid 825 Euros for my ticket, the services offered on-board, as well as Swiss' overall product were a complete letdown, despite the fact that I flew Economy. The on-board service consisted of a small cheese sandwich that was disgusting, as the cheese was visibly going bad, however a nice selection of drinks was offered. The flight attendants were pretty nice! Flight landed in Bucharest on-time and the flight was operated by a clean A320 aircraft. Overall, it was ok.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Moser Randy    (Switzerland)

Flight LX22/23 Geneva-New York JFK (return). I was seated on the first row of economy section. Enough space to lay my legs and first to be served. The meal was correct. I've the feeling that I always eat the same on Swiss economy, chicken or pasta. Swiss Taste of Switzerland should be applied in economy class too. The staff were friendly and very professional as usual. As an example, I wanted to buy cigarettes at the inflight duty-free shop, and the flight attendant was not sure if my brand was still available. He promised to come back later to tell me if yes or not, he came back one hour later telling me that they were not available and he even checked in business and first class too, so kind! The inflight Entertainment is good too, a lot of choice. Unfortunately compared to the competition I think that the screens are too small with a low resolution unfortunately. Better with Lufthansa. Swiss is a very good airline, I'm never disappointed. However, several little things should be improved if LX wish to keep its leadership in Europe.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Ekkehard Goetting    (Hong Kong)

It was nobody's fault that take off from Pudong to Zurich was delayed due to technical problems. Waiting for 3 hours on the plane with virtually no service of drinks, snacks, etc. was not up to standard. Swiss' old first class seats are very dated and worn. No privacy screen, very poor monitor and very limited choice of video / movie entertainment. Missed connections in Zurich were very efficiently rebooked and information was available on arrival. No invitation, no information was offered to first class passengers to the first class lounge at Zurich airport. Not knowing that, a first class lounge exists, I just searched and only found the business / senator lounge on arrival. Totally overcrowded, limited choice of food and beverage, no shower facilities, in my view very inappropriate for first class service. Given a choice, I will definitely not choose Swiss for First until and unless there is a serious upgrade in inflight and arrival comfort.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by D Peters    (UK)

Flew Heathrow - Zurich - Belgrade nice flight, great staff, 2 rounds of drinks London to Zurich with decent croissants served twice. Flight late leaving London late but 20 minute connection was possible. Zurich Flight also good with small sandwich and drinks with full bar. I like Swiss for what they offer and the exit row can be reserved online without extra cost. Flights all full but on time and comfortable.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Ludovic Farine    (Switzerland)

GVA-LCY and LHR-GVA in Economy, late October. Both flights were on time. Crew was nice, served us a sandwich (or two if you ask nicely) with a drink and then chocolate. Avro 100 outbound, a little noisy, and the latest A320 in the fleet (with sharklets) inbound, so quite comfortable. For the price paid (140 CHF round-trip), these flights were a real bargain, but quality was still present. I like flying Swiss and will definitely continue doing so in the future.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Massimiliano De Carli    (Oman)

LX242, 28/08/2014. Excellent but the leg space is a bit of an issue The service and the food are really good and the crew friendly. The food was good and warm. New aircraft and quick flight.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Bragg    (USA)

Flew from SFO-ZRH on the Airbus 340. This was my first time on Swiss, and won't be my last. I have flown in First and Business Class with most major airlines, and Swiss is one of the best. We had 4 flights total with Swiss (2 longhaul and 2 intra-European), and on each flight, the cabin crew were so professional, friendly and smiling the whole time. The Business Class seats are very nice and contemporary. Food was, in general, very good and well- presented. We did have two minor quibbles. The menu that we were given said that ice cream would be provided, but we never saw it. Also, the IFE is clumsy and outdated. I used it for maybe an hour total and then just read and slept the rest of the time. Swiss really goes out of their way to represent Switzerland, and they do a great job. Also, transiting their hub at Zurich is very easy.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by B Baser    (Switzerland)

I flew to Istanbul and back in mid-October. It was a short notice trip, as such I had no checked luggage, so I can't comment on that. My seat was 2A on both legs of the trip. The seat is a normal economy class seat, though the pitch is only marginally better than in economy class, and definitely much worse than in exit row. Seat comfort was the same as Swiss economy, which is to say not great at all. The food consisted of a regional Swiss vegetarian dish and a standard chicken dish with a nice dessert. Portions were small, cutlery etc was good, though. I paid a fairly low price for my semi-flexible (mid of the range) D class ticket. The value is pretty good if you need to carry a lot of baggage, as you may check in 2 times 32kg, and carry on 2 times 8kg. In comparison to other airlines such as Turkish airlines, business class in Swiss is not ideal. Service quality was unexpectedly blunderous, with an almost overly friendly cabin chief and a totally inadequate business class FA who couldn't even recall whether alpha is on port or starboard, and was desperately searching for some imaginary economy class guest who may have been lost in business class (why anyone would attempt that on Swiss in Europe, is a mystery to me - though it's possible as an accident, since the seats in business and economy are identical). Best seats in any Swiss European flight are exit row seats. Have a healthy meal at the airport before take-off, and get much better value.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

ZRH-FRA-ZRH. The flights were nice and the cabin crew did their utmost. On the way to FRA, a cold breakfast was served. Nice, but very small. Could have added 1 or 2 slices more of cold cuts and cheeses. They always had a smile on their face. Flight from FRA was a bit chaotic while boarding, but again a smooth service with a little snack (cold quiche, vegetarian) delicious. Not to mention the famous swiss chocolates.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Kevin Halouska    (Spain)

The airline is fine. But their ground support in airports such as Barcelona (and others) needs to be seriously addressed. Once again, on arriving at Barcelona from Zurich on the evening of 25th October, 2014, the checked in bags took well over 45 minutes to arrive. (The terminal was not busy as we arrived at 22:30 so there is no excuse). Unfortunately this is standard for this airport - but the airlines have the influence to suggest to the airport or their handlers that this is a poor service. This has been the situation for the past 3 years that I have flown into Barcelona airport.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by W Coulton    (Australia)

Short sector DUB-ZRH on A321. First time on Swiss and their European product was more than acceptable. Check in quick and staff very friendly. Aircraft clean and well maintained. Cabin crew efficient, appeared friendly and attentive. Snack served for the 2 hr flight was fine. Slimline seats provided extra legroom, which was great, but I could see that the seat could be a bit hard for a longer sector. From this one flight, will be more than happy to travel Swiss again, at least within Europe.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Micke Thulin    (Sweden)

HKG-ZRH, I'm a little disappointed with SWISS. I was on my way to the lavatory in the early part of the flight when I got stopped by one woman in the flight crew and was told that these lavatories in the back are "only for the crew". Ok, this meant that there were only 2 lavatories available for the entire economy class during a 13 hour flight! The same rude flight attendant lady scolded me for having my bag in front of my seat (I was in an exit row) when the plane was preparing for landing. I had an extremely tight connecting flight in only 20 mins and had to get a head start before everyone else was going spend ages collecting their hand luggage. The rest of the flight crew were nice.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Santoso    (Switzerland)

GVA-LHR vv, my flight from Geneva to London was delayed for 1 hour due to bad weather in London. The flight was ok, got a small sandwich, beverages, and Swiss chocolate. My flights back use Avro RJ100, the cabin was pretty noisy compared to the A320, however, it was a comfortable flight and there was plenty of leg room in economy class.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Graeme Lowther    (United Arab Emirates)

Flying from CDG to DXB in economy on Swiss: Travelers be warned. Swiss at CDG only has a 23kg weight limit and the staff are extremely severe at enforcing this. No amount of negotiation was going to get my case on board without a hefty fee of 150 Euros, even though I was only a few grams over after packing my case. Swiss feels like a very low budget airline and their lack of any flexibility whatsoever was frustrating. The worst part is that Swiss do not allow you to have a carry-on plus a laptop. Only one bag, so I was forced to cram my laptop bag into my carry-on. A futile activity, as I just took it out again after security. I found check-in to be really nasty.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Lingg    (Liechtenstein)

I've booked a J class ticket with LX from ZRH-LHR-ZRH and my outbound flight had 1.20 hrs delay. I was going to miss my connection flight in LHR and when I approached the ground staff in ZRH to help me arrange my next flight they've said that it's not their problem because I didn't book over the Star Alliance website but over the websites of Swiss airlines and Air Canada / both parts of Star Alliance. The staff were very unfriendly, unhelpful, with no initiative or will to help their customers whatsoever. I used to fly often with Swiss before but now they definitely lost me as a customer and I will never fly with them again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Bouzidis George    (Australia)

26/9, Bangkok - Zurich, LX181. 27/9, Zurich - Athens, LX1830. 26/9, Perth - Bangkok, TG484. Aged airbus A340. Business lounge in Zurich a disgrace. Heaps of alcohol. Heaps of staff. Heaps of tropical fruit. No hot food at all and no cold food. Newspapers scattered everywhere. Computers although slow and old worked. Business class is really economy class. Give this outfit a very wide berth. Only pro was the aircraft took off and landed safely.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by F Wissmann    (Switzerland)

6 October, Zurich ZRH - Hamburg HAM, LX1058 / 9 October, Hamburg HAM - Zurich ZRH, LX1055. The outbound flight was about 70 minutes late. Annoying but not the end of the world. Everything else was smooth and professional. The A320 on both flights were older but the seats were comfortable and the cabin Crew were great. I paid 145 EUR for both flights.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Doukas Alexios    (Germany)

We selected Swiss for our trip to Athens, Greece (MUC-ZRH-ATH, ATH-GVA-MUC), and we were really happy to fly them for the first time. I am however very disappointed with the airline. Both LX flights were delayed by or over 30 mins, no explanation/excuse. The ZRH-ATH sector was on a new A321, with minimum cabin crew of 4 (instead of 5), so only 3 in the Y class. The cabin crew were uncoordinated (they were demonstrating the oxygen masks while the purser was announcing the life vest use) and the food service began from the forward towards the aft cabin, and food collection was from aft to forward, which means that we had to eat like animals. The food was a joke - an over-seasoned risotto that was only three spoons' size and a muffin. Drinks service - only one drink/cup per passenger, and coffee/tea service 40 mins prior to arrival - for a 02.40 hours flight. For comparison, LH, OS, A3 offer at least two drinks per passenger, usually you get an additional drink with coffee or tea. The Crew was ignorant of the passengers, two of them snappy, they didn't bother to ask the passengers to raise their seatbacks for food service. Chaos in the aisle, passengers not respecting the service, but the crew didn't bother. Passengers almost climbed on seats to move across the trolley. The ATH-GVA sector was a bit friendlier, but the crew were incapable of serving drinks without constantly spilling drinks on the floor. They also hurried the food/drink service, in order to start the duty-free sales, asking almost every passenger to buy something. Of all airlines I have flown with, Swiss was unfortunately the worst.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Elizabeth Schmid    (USA)

Flight LX 018 October 9th 2014. Flight took off and landed on time. The flight crew were helpful and charming. The food was fine. However my 6ft 1 ' husband with leg injury could not fit in economy seat without great pain - leg crammed against seat in front. Kind flight attendant found him a seat where he could angle slightly sideways but will never go economy on Airbus plane again for a long flight. Very, very cramped. Placement of toilets meant impossible to go while food trolleys in service. Swiss air fine - plane horrible!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by S Rabin    (USA)

LX39, SFO-ZRH, business class. Very pleasant flight, seats quite comfortable, food very good and plentiful. Flight attendants were both pleasant and friendly. Only drawback: seat back AVOD was OK, not great, screens small and not very sharp. Lie flat seat was comfortable and I slept for several hours. Swiss really is a top notch airline in biz class.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

VIE-ZRH-GVA and return in discount Business Class. Very enjoyable flights partly due, of course, to the wonderful scenery on this journey, especially Zurich to Geneva. Service was generally good, although often one was being served with no eye contact from the cabin crew who were otherwise busy chatting to friends - not professional! The return flight from Geneva to Zurich was delayed over an hour and I was treated rather patronisingly when I asked at the Business Lounge for help as I had important connections in both Zurich and, more importantly, out of Vienna that same evening. Luckily they then found me an alternate flight in order to make my connections, otherwise I would have been in a real mess (and one of my rules of thumb is never to make flights with even remotely tight connections!). The Zurich to Vienna flight was especially pleasant.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Zust Roland    (Singapore)

Flight ZRH-SIN. Check-in lady was very unfriendly and giving wrong information regarding boarding and time needed to go to gates. Seats are very narrow and uncomfortable. Food was good. Service on board was nice. Screen was jammed and no movie could be watched.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by S Cheng    (USA)

My husband and I flew from Los Angeles to Zurich, changed plane to Venice on September 1, 2014. Then we both flew again Swiss Airlines from Rome to Zurich, changed plane to Los Angeles on September 17, 2014. We booked Swiss after reading rave reviews and we paid a higher fare than other airlines. This was absolutely disappointing. 1) Meals were horrible - lousy and tasteless pasta, cold and hard chocolate brioche for breakfast. Calzone was hot but no substance inside - a big lump of dough. Green tea? Nope! You have to be in first class in order to have green tea - as I was told by the FA! 2) Seats are narrow with no cushion at all. 3) Outdated entertainment onboard. 4) No boarding organization from Zurich to Venice or Rome to Zurich. People tried to jam the boarding gate. Once you boarded, you have to wait a long, long time for people who sit in the front to get settle before you can reach your seat in the back. 5) FA with rude demeanour from Los Angeles to Zurich. We have flown Air Canada, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathy Pacific Airlines numerous times. This was our first time and will be the last time with Swiss because it was the most disappointing and uncomfortable flights.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by P Lorette    (USA)

ATH-ZRH-JFK - generally wonderful flights. The first flight left a little late, so we arrived to Zurich about 15 minutes late. Not a huge deal. The food was delicious and plentiful and the long flight from ZUR to JFK was comfortable and the seats were a good size. Staff was also very nice and the entertainment was plentiful. Great airline!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2014 by V Luis    (UK)

Flew MAN-ZRH-DEL with wife and 2 kids on 9th August 2014. The MAN-ZRH leg operated by Helvetic Airways on behalf of Swiss. Good service, and good snack served during flight. The kids were taken good care of. ZRH Airport is a nightmare to connect flights. Had an hour to catch a connecting flight, so were literally running for the next flight. No proper signage as well as no officials to ask directions, we ended up on the arrivals level looking for the gate, to top it all, the security made us scan the baggage again before going to departures, opening the duty free purchases again and scanning the liquor bottles. Anyway, once at the gate and boarding the onward flight, things were back to normal. Good service, food, entertainment. Would definitely recommend the airline, but not Zurich airport. The return journey was with Lufthansa, but that is another story.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2014 by C Oscar    (Spain)

I have just flown with Swiss between Barcelona to Istanbul. First flight, Barcelona-Zurich on an A321, in a normal economy seat. Good space between seats and the smiling Swiss crew offered to all the passengers a croissant with all the drinks we want. Departure and arrival on time. Transfer on Zurich went really smooth. Flight Zurich- Istanbul on an A320. Again normal economy seat with good space, and the crew offered us Rissoto al pesto, with an apple cake, and all the drinks we want. We arrived on time. All flights went well, and the Zurich is perfect for connections, for this reason I would fly Swiss again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Lucia Mammola    (Switzerland)

GVH-ZRH-CDG and back. Flight left and arrived late in Zurich, same applies to connecting flight to Paris. Seats are small and crew were grumpy. I actually had a FA openly yawn at me while boarding the flight to Paris - not very welcoming. I can understand that one can be tiered, but I would expect an FA to at least turn the head away or conceal the yawn with something. Crew not smiling and mostly looking bored loudly discussing amongst themselves how bad their schedule is. Saw a lady traveling solo with 2 small children, instead of assisting her with the seat belts one crew member just stood there looking annoyed while giving her orders, adding insult to injury actually commencing to loudly complain to a colleague about a non existing situation (kids did nothing wrong). I will give Swiss a miss until they start training their staff in customer service.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by T Gubser    (Switzerland)

Swiss LX178 ZRH-SIN on Sept 4 and LX179 SIN-ZRH Sept 14, 2014. Reservation not satisfactory at all, first of all there is no special hotline for first class passengers so you always need to wait for long time to get an agent. Then any request (also very basic) was difficult to get done. In particular I never got a follow up or feedback on my requests and had to call several times to follow up. Staff on the hotline are sometimes OK, sometimes not friendly at all and had a lack of client orientation. Lounge in ZRH is very good design, food good with good wine selection, service OK. Lounge in SIN is very disappointing, old and outdated design, bad food choice and quality, very poor wine selection. Cabin layout very outdated, no luxury at all, seat very old and not very comfortable; no luxury amenities at all (toilet without any mouth wash, hand cream or lip balm etc). Food below average, worse than business class. There is no food available after dinner if you wake up during the flight, so you need to go on your own to get something from business class - not really first level. Good wine selection and quality. Staff this time (both legs) very friendly and helpful - there is a big difference from crew to crew, so you need to be lucky to get a good crew - this should not be the case in First Class. Conclusion: disappointing, I cannot recommend Swiss and find it clearly below other airlines first class.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by N Vanian    (Switzerland)

Used Swiss to fly from Geneva to Los Angeles for a family visit and vacation. We tend to use Swiss for our trips as it is convenient, reliable and we believe good value for money spent. We were not disappointed. The flights were on time, the pre flight service excellent and on board we couldn't have asked for more. Business class is quiet, comfortable and provides a good ambience to survive a 10+ hour trip. The only area of improvement would be the entertainment, with more choices and certainly more recent releases.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Chevtchouk Slava    (France)

JNB-ZRH-CDG in August. Very disappointed for all aspects of the flights, especially long-haul. Seats are very narrow and hard. While the seating or relaxing position are good, the sleeping one is very strange. The whole seat goes down, close to the floor. I had a feeling to be lying in a coffin. Entertainment system was very slow, crashed several times. Meal service was just ok, started with a glass of wine (or champagne) and a cheap-feeling packet of nuts, supermarket style. Even American airlines propose better prepared appetisers!. Three hours before landing the crew started to dismantle the whole galley behind us, with continual clicks and clacks. I guess its a kind of game they had - who can make more noise when preparing breakfast. No idea who actually won, but for sure all passengers lost at least one hour of sleep. Why serve breakfast two hours before landing? During the short- haul European flights they manage to serve the meal during 50 minutes long flights, why not to do the same on long-haul flights? Long waiting for toilets: there are only two for both business cabins. All in all very disappointed experience. Will avoid SWISS in the future.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Barkei    (Luxembourg)

Flew from San Diego to Chicago on United First and then Chicago overnight to Zurich on Swiss. We were a family of four and seated in the small business cabin just behind First. Excellent service from the cabin crew who were very attentive to my son. I like the seats themselves although they are on the narrow side. The in-flight entertainment is outdated and limited, but the positive aspects of the flight were the crew and the seamless connections either side of the flight. Overall a very positive experience.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Collins    (USA)

Flight 197 on 19 Aug 2014. The most uncomfortable 10+hour flight I have ever experienced. Okay, so it was an economy seat, but the seat spacing was extremely tight and the seats cushions were old and uncomfortable. The arrangement of Airbus 330 had no standing areas to comfortably stretch your legs without constantly moving out of the way of the lavatory door ways. Also there was no path to cross over to the other aisle so that I could not easily visit my friend on the other side of the aircraft. The flight attendants were clumsy who were stingy with food and drink. I chose this airline and paid over 50% more than the other carrier options because I expected a higher quality experience and comfortable flight, but I guess I expected far too much.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by W Staab    (USA)

JFK-Zurich-Budapest-Zurich-JFK, 330 plane - first time on Swiss in some years - leg from JFK to Zurich on aisle seat with box underneath - extremely narrow seat, most uncomfortable. Passenger in front of me placed his seat back immediately upon boarding throughout flight (save for takeoff and landing) so one could hardly move. My reading light bounced off the back of that passengers seat when in recline position so I had hardly any light at all for overnight reading. Food quality much deteriorated from years past served on minute tray (and nothing like the old glorious Swissair Flights - bland chicken or pasta, iceberg lettuce, wrapped brownie - same mediocre level as Delta, far worse than Air France or KLM. Breakfast just a warm bun. Inflight entertainment adequate. Service average. Return transatlantic flight in bulkhead so no legroom issues. European Flights Zurich-Budapest had drink service but only miniscule snack and chocolate in shape of soccer ball (world cup ongoing at the time). Positives - reserved seats honored, planes very clean, easy transfer at Zurich Airport. Probably in future will return to KLM, Air France, Austrian maybe Lufthansa rather than attempting another Swiss International transatlantic crossing as it no longer seems to be a first-rate airline.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Swiss is superb! For me, the best European airline. On this 2+ hour flight from Zurich to Athens on an A321, the service was impeccable, as was the meal. The ingredients were fresh and the meal well presented. Also loved the choice of wines. The seats are the standard European business class, where the middle seat is empty, however it was very comfortable. And just prior to landing, they serve you delicious Swiss milk chocolate.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Christakis Alex    (Greece)

I flew business with my wife and 15-year old son from New York to Zurich (on August 12/13) and the next day (business again) from Zurich to Athens, Greece. Although I had read that the service and comfort level in Swiss business class is one of the best in Europe, I did not have the same experience in my flight. First I noticed that my son's headset was not working, so he wad to be moved to another seat. Then, my headset seemed somewhat out of order as something heavy (probably the speaker within the earpiece) was displaced and moved freely every time I turned my head. Although the flight from N.Y. to Zurich was 8-hour long, both dinner and breakfast were way below what someone would expect from Swiss business class, both in terms of quantity but mainly in quality. There were only few business class travelers in this flight (less than 20, if I remember correctly), but still the crew seemed tired and was only "typically" polite, trying just to "get their thing done". I had a much better and far more enjoyable experience about a month ago, when traveling from Athens to Vienna and on to New York with Austrian airlines. Austrian's service was way more friendly, genuinely polite and very helpful and their meals were far better that Swiss's. Also, Austrian featured touch-screen TVs with newer movies and live in-flight information, something that was missing from Swiss. It is a shame that the reputation and high service standards of Swiss were not present in my flights and I truly hope that this was just a very rare and exceptional incident.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Sarah Shaw    (UK)

I would like to say how much I thought Swissair were wonderful in the way they behaved on Sunday. When it looked as if I was going to be 10 minutes late in my connecting flight from Geneva, which then went from Brussels to Heathrow, they insisted I flew direct, and tannoyed all other Heathrow passengers so they could get them on the direct flight from Geneva to Heathrow. This is real 5 star service, and their care and friendliness were exemplary.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  23 August 2014 by Enrique Simeone    (Belgium)

BRU-ZRH, C Class. All perfect from check in to baggage delivery, they are just very good. Will recommend. It is always a pleasure to fly them.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by R Robinson    (UK)

We paid for 3 seats in Business Class, and I can't believe I didn't fly my usual choice. Swiss show a picture of a throne-like seat on their website and represent that as their Business Class seat. But there are just a few of these in the cabin, and the other seats are different. You can't get the seats they show on the web site, only their senior frequent flyers. So my wife and baby were stuck in a middle seat, with an unfortunate stranger next to them, despite me having reserved the lone window seat online. The seats themselves are lumpy and uncomfortable, and the in-flight entertainment is the worst I've seen. It is painfully slow, clunky, and simply doesn't work much of the time (we took two long haul legs, Zurich - Singapore and Hong Kong - Zurich and this was true on both legs). The food is ok, though not a patch on what you'd get on Emirates, Qatar, or one of the first-tier airlines. Swiss have no lounges of their own outside of Switzerland, so in Hong Kong we ended up being sent to a packed, noisy pay-per-entry lounge, which had no seats, was utter chaos, and had one type of beer in the fridge. When we disembarked in Zurich, we were told with no apology at all that we'd miss our connection to Manchester because Swiss were late arriving. My wife left her bag on the plane accidentally in our rush to get off. 5 minutes later we told a Swiss ground employee that the bag had been left in Business Class, and would they mind retrieving it. They passed me a card for a third party lost and found company called Swissport, and was told to file a web report with them when I was back in the UK. Two days later and still no info on what should have been the easiest thing in the world to solve. In short, I wouldn't fly Swiss again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Supian Zainuddin    (Switzerland)

Overall, I am very satisfied. I flew to Singapore and back. The crew were very friendly and efficient. The flight was on time both ways. The only negative aspects were the economy seats and the entertainment. I am 180 cm tall and felt that there was limited space. There was very little legroom. The entertainment is still using the cable remote which is troublesome and my neighbour's was not working. The entertainment program was however good.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Philippe Bischoff    (Turkey)

Flew from GVA to IST with a stopover in ZRH. An easier and cheaper option would be to get a direct flight with Turkish airlines on an old and dirty A320 with ridiculous seat pitch and surly flight attendants who will just disappear after they have served meals. I have done that a few times out of convenience, but now no thank you. It takes 2.5 hours more with Swiss but at least you get polite service, a comfortable seat and you feel you are welcome on board.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Edmond Mitraj    (UAE)

26th June my colleague and I were flying from Dubai to Zurich. The plane's seats were tiny even though I am only 1.74 metres and weigh 72kg. Once onboard, the pilot informed us that all passengers would have to leave the aircraft one by one to identify their bags as there were 3 extra bags that they could not identify. The plane was going to be at least 3 hours late which meant that we were going to miss our connecting flight in Zurich therefore missing our business meeting in Prague. We informed the staff that we would like to leave the plane as there was no point in flying if we were going to miss our meeting in Prague. Stay away from this airline.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by D Bardens    (Sweden)

LUX-ZRH-ARN in C. The crews were smiling and calling me by name, the food was outstandingly good and the business lounge in Zurich is a blast! They have the longest attended lounge bar in the world and are mixing great cocktails. This was the best business class experience I've had! (Even if all the European airlines sell economy class seats as business class.) Forget about Lufthansa.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by C Coates    (Australia)

Flights from Heathrow to Zurich and on to Newark, 0333 and 0018. Problems boarding a to Heathrow and 45 minutes late departing. With a 40 minute connection at Zurich could have been a problem but not for Swiss. Picked up 25 minutes on the flight and met at gate, driven across to next flight and seated with 10 minutes to spare. On both flights delightful crews, excellent service food and seats and I like their lie flat bed. Recommend Swiss and find Zurich a great connection point. Have used them often in the last couple of years.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Y Wata    (Japan)

July 24, Geneva-London (City). Breaking system problem reported 10 minutes before landing: The flight is thus diverted to the less crowded Stansted airport. Of course Stansted is a low-cost over crowded airport. Doesn't matter: we safely landed. Fortunately, the taxi driver came to Stansted to pick me up there. July 25: London (Heathrow)-Geneva: Air-traffic jam delays the flight by 1.5 hour. No apologies. I rarely fly Swiss, but I feel that the quality has strongly dropped since the last time (3 years ago) I took it.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

HKG-ZRH. Having arrived on a CX A340, it was a bit stark being on LX. Overall the plane was a bit tired (the tartanesque seat coverings don't help) and are in need of a good scrubbing. Dinner was good, there was no choice for breakfast - you got what they gave you, which is silly in a hyper-competitive long-haul market. Crew were reserved but efficient in 4 languages: Swiss German, standard German, French and English. In flight entertainment is poor and the screen quality poorer.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Gubser    (Switzerland)

ZRH-SFO, April 26 2014 in First: First Lounge in ZRH excellent, very nice decor, excellent food and good service. Very good is also the car shuttle to the gate. Flight: Very old layout of cabin, seats are very old and dated without any touch of luxury. There is very limited privacy between the seats. The TV screen is very small. The seat adjustment panel shows its age, some buttons do not work properly. The toilets have also absolutely no luxury features, they look more like economy than first class, very limited amenities (only one hand lotion and one face lotion, but no lip balm, no mouth wash etc.), after some hours they are out of tissues so you have to use paper tissues - very economy style! Amenities OK, but again no luxury. The pyjamas are good quality. Food is OK, but not on First standard (same choice and quality as Business Class). Limited choice. The chicken had absolutely no taste, the rice also tasteless - overall really not good. Good is the quality of the wines. During the flight there is no food available - worse than in Business Class where they serve sandwiches etc. Service very disappointing: 3 empty water bottles remained for more than 5 hours beside me. The maitre de cabin however was nice and tried to accommodate us as much as possible. Overall very disappointing, far away from Premium airlines like Emirates, Etihad and Singapore Airlines. The First experience is at most on Business level of these Premium airlines. SWISS really needs to make an effort.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Nitin Shankar    (Switzerland)

On leaving Mumbai, we were given a modest meal. I asked for a glass of red wine knowing that the airline has a great Italian vintage. The stewardess served me just a glass of wine instead of bringing the bottle and serving the wine from the bottle. We were asked to fill out a form indicating our breakfast order. I checked out the boxes for (a) regular coffee and (b) with milk. The next morning my breakfast was served without coffee. The stewardess bought just a cup and the coffee spilt over the papers that I had laid out on the table adjacent to my seat. I tasted the coffee. It was cold. I requested another cup, indicating that it should be served with a saucer. This time the coffee was served hot. The coffee should have been served in the first place in a cup with a saucer. What is the point of making me fill out a form in advance and then not serving me with my order? I was unhappy with this low-cost business class.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Walsh    (USA)

Airbus 330-300 from Miami to Zurich - Economy seats didn't have width for my arms to be by my hips as I held a book to read, had to put them on the arm rests. I am 5 ft. tall and weigh 125 lbs. The very large people in front of me both reclined their seats the moment we were allowed, and the man's head was literally in my lap - so close I could no longer hold a book in front of me, but also had to recline and hold the book up. The lack of space for even a person of below average size was unacceptable. At meal time, they made everyone put their seats upright, as trays could not be opened with a seat in front of you reclined. However many more passengers they squeezed in by changing seats to this uncomfortable size was not worth it!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Kingston    (USA)

Fantastic flight and service ZRH-SFO. Honestly the first class experience was simply perfect. Smiling, efficient, courteous crew. The meal was excellent with an abundance of appetizers. Wines were well chosen and fitting to a first class cabin. The crew efficiently made up the beds with the duvet. Only the IFE left something to be desired at the screen is of average size and average resolution. Zurich airport is painless and easy to manage. No lines at check in. All in all I rank Swiss No. 1 across the Atlantic.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Wayne    (USA)

ZRH-NCE, 08.55am departure, 28 June 2014. Selected because they are the sole full-service airline flying this route non-stop. At boarding gate at ZRH, agent refused to let me onboard with my carry-on size rollaboard - which I've used for years and which no airline has ever previously refused to let me take onboard. I was rudely asked to step aside to tag and check the bag at the gate - "This is a small plane today," actually it was a regular A320. When trying to board later of course my boarding pass did not scan in - extra delay and hassle. Once I boarded, I saw that overhead bins were mostly empty (and there were plenty of empty seats). No food except a croissant and a mini chocolate offered (by perfunctory and non-smiling staff). No IFE. Despite LX's obsession with checking carryon-size bags, departed gate at ZRH late and landed at NCE approximately 15 min late. Followed by 20 min wait at baggage claim for the bag. I fly 50k-100k every year and this was hands-down the worst service I've seen in coach on any airline within at least the past 10 years. Swiss? Never again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Jeff Michel    (Switzerland)

GVA-LCY in Economy 'Light' - a low fare with hand baggage only. Excellent value for money. The flight was completely full so trolley bags were checked in (free) at the gate, no fuss at all. In spite of being totally full, staff smiling, efficient, drinks, sandwich and chocolate all handled on a 1hr 15mins flight. Now if only Geneva Airport could sort out the security queues.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Stephen Lloyd    (UK)

Flight LX 179 from Singapore to Zurich in Business. Seat comfort is good, on time, with service ok and meals ok. The issue was that in a 38 seat business cabin 20% of the seats were occupied by young children. The according disturbance of noise from electronic games, alarms, crying and children wandering around, and over, seats ruined sleep for myself and others on the flight. Whilst I realise with one flight a day on this route Swiss cannot operate a child free policy, surely there has to be a limit which allows the business paying passenger to enjoy the service being paid for? Never again unless Swiss change their seating policies.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Benjamin Jilek    (USA)

My wife and I booked a flight on the Edelweiss flight direct from Tampa to/from Zurich with Swiss. We chose to use Swiss primarily because they are a Star Alliance member and I am a Gold Premier member. We were assigned poor seats, didn't get priority boarding or any of the other perks that are supposed to come with Gold Premier status. When I contacted Swiss about this I was advised all the information we relied on in choosing Swiss was incorrect. So even though we paid Swiss, which issued the tickets and the plane was referenced as a Swiss flight, there were no Star Alliance benefits and I would not receive any miles. As to the Swiss affiliate, Edelweiss, the plane was hot, cramped, uncomfortable and all drinks were a charge for this 10-hour flight. This was on the way to and from. To add insult to injury, the staff were cold and short, even for people from Central Europe and Edelweiss will allow the Economy Plus (Extra) to go empty rather than upgrade anyone with Star Alliance status. Instead, they want $200 per person per way. The Economy Plus on our return flight was empty, yet they ran out of food (unless you want curry on a 10-hour flight) and we were only 3 rows back from the front of Economy. In short, we will never fly Swiss or Edelweiss again. Better bet out of Tampa is to drive to Orlando and take the direct on Lufthansa to Frankfurt.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

SKG-ZRH on July 7. This flight was almost empty. Only 28 Pax! Flight back on an A-320. Flight left on time and arrived early in ZRH. Since we were only a few passengers on the flight, they rushed the service in all matters. No C-Class passengers, so they served everyone within 30 minutes including coffee on a 2 hours flight. I thought they really could take their time. The Purser said to me "on this flight you have Business class Service it seems". A bit sarcastic I thought. Food again was again very good. Crew in general friendly. I wish they wouldn't rush on an almost empty flight.

Flew from ZRH-SKG on July 3rd. Flight was full (A-320). Despite the flight was 30 minutes late due to late incoming of the aircraft we arrived on time. The onboard Crew were very nice and did go the extra mile always with a smile on their face. They served in coach a little hot meal (Risotto with dried tomatoes and a small chocolate cake) was very good and gave 2 rounds of drinks on a flight of 1.5 hours. Unfortunately they fly only in July and Aug twice a week. I hope they will start an all year service on this route.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Massumi David    (Switzerland)

Flight LX 454, Zurich to London City Airport, on 16 June 2014. We boarded the plane as normal, welcomed onboard and told we were ready to take off despite an earlier bird strike in one of the engines. Informed there was a 20-minute delay due to changing weather conditions. 15 minutes into the flight, the pilot announced that we were returning to Zurich, as the earlier bird strike had apparently damaged the engine too much. Then we had to be patient for an extra half hour due to the heavy incoming traffic to Zurich. In the end it took us what felt like the same amount of time as the flight would have taken to London. To offer an alternative, a crew member announced that we should take the next scheduled flight to London Heathrow at 21.20 hrs. There was no alternative to London City, allegedly due to lack of smaller aircraft that could land there. The hostess also announced that as soon as we land, we should go straight to gate 31D to board the new flight, stressing the point about going straight to that gate twice. I decided to go to Heathrow, so I rushed, along many other passengers to gate 31D and queued up, only to find the gate unattended. 20 minutes later, a staff member appeared and told us we should go gate 53D, get our new boarding passes there, and come back to gate 31D for boarding. While providing us with our new boarding passes, the staff at gate 53D also gave us a food and refreshment voucher by way of compensation, they said. These were valid for the coffee bar across the hall. So, we all went to the coffee bar and queued up there to get our “ free”food and drink. Alas, we found out that the vouchers was valid for a bar of chocolate and bottle of water. The time was after 8 pm. I was the last passenger to get a new boarding pass, I got seat 36B, which is a middle seat in the last row. The best seat in town. Finally took off at 21.55 hrs. We touched down in London Heathrow about 22.30 local time. It was about half past midnight by the time I got to my destination.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by A Petersen    (Denmark)

ZRH-CPH, C class on a slightly tired Airbus. Departure from ZRH 1 hour late due late incoming aircraft. Crew was outstanding - Purser came and explained the reason for the delay, and apologized accordingly. The whole crew were very friendly and highly professional. Ground and onboard service very good and C class bags delivered first to baggage belt. On leaving the aircraft senior Purser and First officer greeted and thanked all pax, nice touch.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Z Islam    (UK)

Travelled between LCY-ZRH and ZRH-IST to and fro and all four flights, food was non-existent. LCY-ZRH - Muffin and juice/tea. ZRH-IST - Pasta with tomato sauce, a cake and juice/tea. Absolutely no entertainment system onboard, not even multi-channel radio! The flights are always late up to 20 mins.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Terence Potesta    (Australia)

We flew LX 180 - Zurich to Bangkok on 20 June 2014 - a code share flight - we had booked Thai Airways, Sydney to Zurich. We were seated in 33J and 33K The aircraft appeared tired and the seating is very restrictive. With the person in front reclined it is impossible to use the seat table. I sat in seat 33K and found there is a positive - we left on time and arrived on time but we do not wish to repeat the 10 hours in between that the handset was missing. A broken piece of plastic remained attached to some wiring - as it was a full flight we could not be offered a change of seat. The cabin crew appeared to be efficient but by the end of the trip I would rather describe them as glacially indifferent. Food quality, served on silly little trays, was very poor and small things like no salt or pepper sachet shows a lack of quality control somewhere. The toilet nearest to us ran out of toilet paper. Yet again a poor reflection upon Swiss flight crew. On the positive side we left on time and arrived on time but we do not want to repeat the 10 hours in between. Better seating and re-focused cabin crew would help.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by W Morgan    (USA)

(LAX to LHR on United), LHR-ZRH (A320) - JNB (A340) Business class. Outstanding customer service - the purser on the flight from London to Zurich detected a glitch in the onward booking before the plane had landed and the (minor) problem (owing to booking through UA in the USA) was fixed before the plane landed! (It would not have been a crisis either way). Transit IN ZRH: international transit (Euro gates incl UK to Pier E) is not so well signposted as there is an escalator to the left of the immigration hall that saves one from clearing immig/customs and re-entering which happened to a few other transit passengers who didn't notice the escalator sign. Watch out for the sign to Terminal E! A340 Business: Staggered seats arrangement, if on an aisle seat try to select one with the arm rest console on the aisle side yourself for extra distance from the aisle. Seats are narrower than some - a little on the hard side but fully flat and "cosy". Entertainment on demand and a large choice even for those of us who fly often in the same movie/month cycle. Food very good and a nice compliment of wine if one enjoys that. Very elegantly done! Nice breakfast presentation from a trolley (not a cart).

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Donan Chris    (Switzerland)

LX1934, April 16 2014. Friendly and very competent crew. Enthusiastic pilots. Good service. Planes in good condition. Clean cabin. Rather poor onboard menu. No special comfort onboard.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Michael Schellenberg    (Switzerland)

We flew in march from Johannesburg to Zurich. The flight quality overall was very low. The entertainment system was very old (prehistoric), small screen, very few movies and almost half of my leg room was cut due to the entertainment system “box”. Food was poor quality and service very rough. I used to know Swiss from the past and had much better memories than my recent findings. The flight ticket price was ok but far from cheap.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Philip Bowen    (Switzerland)

BKK-GVA A340-300. The seat pitch is ridiculous and seats are too hard. Legroom very small and IFE box takes some space. IFE average. Food excellent, service good, on time. Zurich airport very good, little lines, fast transit. Swiss will replace the A340 by Boeing 777 soon. I hope they will privilege seat comfort and legroom for these long haul carriers, the current ones are not good at all.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Adam Field    (USA)

We just finished flying LAX-Zurich-Rome, and Venice-Zurich-LA on the way back). Several of those legs were delayed, but only by a few minutes each, and they were honestly apologetic about even that much, so I'm not complaining. All the cabin staff was friendly and helpful. Food was decent by ground standards, but mind blowingly good by economy seat on a plane standards compared to other airlines I've flown. We got a full meal and a sandwich going one way, and a meal, a sandwich and ice cream going the other way - all several steps above edible. Free booze on the longer legs, too! (Various little bottles of spirits, plus the house red/white wines. Wines merely drinkable, spirits were fairly classy considering we were in coach and they were free. If you want Campari, though, I learned you have to grab it quickly, as they always ran out. Checking in our bags at LAX was the most painless experience I've had checking in. Zurich airport by contrast is surprisingly a bit of a madhouse, but while the lines there were long, once we figured out which line to stand in, it also moved remarkably quickly, so we weren't in line for too long. I would definitely fly with SWISS again unless one of the other small handful of respectable airlines were way cheaper. That said, not everything was perfect: their website was having issues all the time (we had to call to get our confirmation numbers and to reserve seats, because their web reservation system was all kinds of buggy). Our seats on the transatlantic flights were quite cramped (I'm extremely thankful we got seats that were only 2 across, or the flight would have been hell. It was still a bit cramped even just me and my wife.) The transatlantic flights also didn't have individual seat-controllable air, and as a result got rather stuffy one of the flights.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by A Rowling    (Australia)

Clean plane. Pleasant crew. Food and entertainment are good. Seats were narrow and not well padded but considering that planes are designed as mass public transport in the air - can't complain too much. We really liked Zurich Airport as a transit point to other destinations. It is small, modern and not at all chaotic like some of the bigger transit airports. If you land during the day and have a window seat you get a fabulous view of the Alps. Would use this airline again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by C Francq    (Austria)

Zurich-Montreal return, in A330-300. My first experience with the SWISS long haul business product, and very impressed. On the outgoing flight, the Maitre de Cabine personally came around, addressed every passenger in C by name and wished everybody a most pleasant flight. The meals on long haul flights leaving Zurich are prepared by starred chefs, accompanied by good quality Swiss wines which are hard to get outside of Switzerland. Of course, on the flight back, meal quality is not in this luxury range, though adequate. The new business seat converts to a fully flat bed, I couldn't wish for more. Flights were punctual as a clock, too.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Khatoon Khazeema    (Denmark)

I was pleasantly satisfied with Swiss Airline, the flights were always clean and on time, the crew very friendly and always smiling. Another highly positive aspect of flying with Swiss airline is that you get plenty of leg space (compared to other airlines) and the seats are very comfortable even on short distance routes, which shows that Swiss airline is one of the few airlines these days which doesn't compromise quality. We got free Swiss chocolates from the crew as well as sandwiches and drinks. However, the sandwiches contained either meat or cheese and that was disappointing for a vegan like me so I would like to see animal-free meal choices next time I fly with Swiss. I would definitely fly with Swiss again and I would definitely recommend Swiss airline to everyone.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P McDonnell    (USA)

ORD-ZRH on an A330. Pros: Flight was on time. Cabin service was performed with the usual Swiss efficiency - meal service was quickly served and cleaned up, which allowed plenty of time to sleep without interruption. Food was actually very good - dinner was choice of chicken and rice, or Swiss dumplings with vegetables and cheese sauce. The dumplings were quite good, served in a generous portion, with a salad, roll and dessert. Also offered a nice variety compared to usual economy fare. Cons: Seats were very narrow, and a bit hard, though the legroom was adequate. It was tolerable for this flight, but would have been very cramped had the flight been any longer. IFE was OK, had average selection of TV, movies and music.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Jeff Williams    (UK)

LX 288, ZRH-JNB, May 6th 2014. Business class. A really good flight in an A330 with the now excellent flat beds and space. The food, wine and the service were excellent with a 30 minute early arrival at JNB. The starboard seats are the ones to go for as they are single. The only criticism I have - a Swiss IA responsibility though the service is subcontracted - is that in the business lounge there is free wi-fi but only for 60 consecutive minutes. After that there is a charge. As I had a 5hr wait this was very inconvenient. Surely, having pitched up a business class fare they could at least emulate many high street coffee shops and provide unlimited wi-fi without charge. it's not a big charge in the context of the fare, more a matter of principle.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by L Myers    (USA)

Thai Airways late arriving into Zurich and missed LH connection to FRA. Swiss rerouted ticket ZRH to ORD and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how improved the Swiss Air service was (used to fly them regularly 10 years ago). The Tuscan red wine was superb and chicken cardon blue was excellent even for air travel. Staff were very friendly and helpful to both my wife and I. LX008 on 29 April.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Shanavas Valappil    (UAE)

Boarded from Dubai on 17th April 2014. The aircraft from Dubai to Zurich was an Airbus A340. The crew and aircraft were fine, though the inflight entertainment didn't have the greatest selection of films etc. My major complaint was the food, which was truly awful. I usually fly with either Emirates, BA (whose food is okay), or Turkish Airlines (whose food is always excellent). This flight is good for onward connection to anywhere in the world. It arrived early morning.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Pascal Faoro    (Switzerland)

On a flight from Boston to Zurich I have been upgraded to Business Class. My very first experience in this class. Overall it was a very good journey of course. The 4 year old A330 was clean and comfortable. Staff friendly, helpful and professionally. Sometimes maybe not so charming as they could or should be. Flight was very pleasant and we landed as scheduled in Zurich.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Poley Karl    (Austria)

LX17, April 21, Seats 39 G/F. Worst atlantic flight ever! I had made reservations for J/K seats, we found ourselves packed into narrow and unpleasant G/F seats. The very same happened on flight LX16! The food on LX17 was just bad. The cabin temperature was far too cool, even 2 blankets did not help and the cabin crew could not do anything about it.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Demetris Pijiolis    (Russia)

LX1326, Zurich - Moscow, 18 April. Ground service was a disaster, with Swiss personnel refusing to assist passengers for the self check in. Seats in the economy class were not comfortable and it was actually the 1st time I saw a 3x3 seat arrangement in the business class section, on A320! Food was ok, staff during the flight was ok. Inflight entertainment: TV every 2-3 meters with no earphones.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

Zurich to Stockholm, April 11. The equipment used on this service was an Airbus A321-100 and I was seated on 4F in Business Class. Flight scheduled 16.35-19.00 but was delayed due to late incoming aircraft so actual time was 16.55-19.20. The travelling experience was generally very good. Swiss offers a traditional full in-service business product also on intra-European flights. This includes a 3 course meal which was very tasteful and included a selection between to hot main dishes. The only thing that is lacking is the timing in the service. No pre-dinner drinks or snacks were offered, these had to be ordered at the same time as the meal was served which took quite some time into the flight. The timing of serving coffee/tea was also not as to be expected. The service level in general from the cabin staff I regard as lower than expected. They do their job in a correct Swiss manner, but it lacked the sprit and enthusiasm that you would expect from such a well renowned carrier as Swiss. Cabin was clean and tidy and the middle seat was free in Business Class and the seat pitch was good. The seats are however the same as in Economy, that is Recaro Slim Seats with artificial leather that, to my opinion, is not especially comfortable. The same type of seats can be found on several Star Alliance airlines within Europe. They offer no support for your head, so if you would like to take a short nap, bring your own pillow. An in-flight entertainment system was offered with overhead screens that was ok. Overall, though a good experience, that however can be improved by quite small measures.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  10 April 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Istanbul-Zurich-Warsaw. Both flights on nice and clean Airbus 320. Cabin crew nice, not over enthusiastic or over friendly, just did their job. Both flights on time. Food rather poor, From Istanbul tiny portion of hot pasta arrabiata with muffin served, inedible. To Warsaw - tiny sandwich. The best part of service was a chocolate. The only downpoint is Swiss' obsession with cabin baggage. They fly the same airplane type as any other airlines, but their fights and constant, quite unpleasant arguments with passengers to check-in cabin bags are horrendous. Such strict policies I have seen only with the low cost airlines. Swiss does it for no reason, as other airlines see no problems where Swiss does. There are better options service-wise.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Badertscher Boris    (Switzerland)

LX1623, MXP-ZRH and connection LX180, ZRH-BKK on 11/3/14, Seat 6K. LX161, NRT-ZRH on 3/4/14. Service on the flight was very good. I was surprised on the flight from Milan to Zurich (55 Minutes), that it was possible to serve snacks and drinks. Service was very friendly and not stressed. The connection flight to Bangkok was perfect to, staff were very friendly and attentive. The Menu served was good in taste. The seats and the flat bed were very comfortable and easy to operate. Unfortunately the onboard entertainment system was a bit old and slow. The screen was very small and the picture quality bad. Flight from Tokyo to Zurich was very well organized. The connecting flights had been mentioned during all flights. If the transfer to the connection flight was very short the affected passengers were specially taken care of.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mike Palmer    (UK)

London City to Stuttgart via Zurich in economy was a bit of a curate's egg. The 0730 departure from city left late with no reason landing on time in Zurich. Service with only one crew in economy was slow (and unusually the Cabin Manager not heading back to assist. soft / hot drinks were served though only a muffin offered as food which I think for a 0730 departure is poor by Swiss standards. Cabin secure on the swiss legs was non existent but very thorough on the helvetic legs. Excellent connecting flights in Zurich both ways with Helvetic on immaculate F100 aircraft. Loads of room, a smart interior (grey leather seats and red carpet) was spotless along with friendly crew. The return leg from Zurich to City was late leaving due to a PAX miscount, with a small dry filled roll and drinks served. Looking forward to the new aircraft due on this route (C series) which starts next year. I think the service has marginally declined since I last flew this route, with BA out of city offering a better product. I hope Swiss sort the quality of inflight refreshments out as I do like both Swiss and flying from city.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by R Lane    (USA)

JFK to Zurich - economy. Most uncomfortable seating ever. I am only 5 ft 4 and 130 lbs but was in pain and claustrophobic. Narrow seats on top of it so you are nearly sitting on your neighbor. When seat in front reclines it is nearly on your lap. Makes eating, drinking or watching movie difficult. Only good thing was choice of movies. Will avoid in future.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 March 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

LX1254, Zurich-Stockholm on March 27. Flight departed Zurich on time at 16.35 and arrived slightly before scheduled arrival time at 19.00 at Stockholm Arlanda Airport. Aircraft on this service was an Airbus A320 and I was seated in Economy on seat 10F (a window seat). Flights were more or less fully booked so it was rather cramped and the overhead bins became full before all passengers had boarded. This is quite normal on this particular flight since the load factor is normally very good, thus meaning that it may become somewhat uncomfortable for you as a passenger. The standard of the aircraft was good and the seat pitch is perceived to be marginally better than the average carrier on intra-European routes. This may however only depend on the seat design. I have not checked the pitch compared to other airlines. A simple hot vegetable tart was served that in fact was quite tasty. Two rounds of services with both hot and cold drinks were offered during this 2 hr 20 min flight which I appreciated. The spirit and level of personal service and attention of the cabin crew I regard as slightly below the average full-service carrier on intra-European services. An in-flight overhead entertainment system were installed which was ok. The in-flight magazines available is also ok, with quiet some variety of Swiss watches, also available in the lower price range. The seats is of the more common recaro slim seats with artificial leather, that to my opinion is so so. The cabin temperature was quite high which appears to be normal on Swiss flights for some reason. Best credits to the cabin crew that upon landing welcomed everyone to the "Royal Kingdom of Sweden". This was very much appreciated by me, and I guess by many more Swedish passengers!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by P Eaton    (USA)

LX23, JFK-GVA, New York to Geneva in February. Flew economy and in spite of the fact that this was a recently refurbished plane (and perhaps even newish), this plane had the most uncomfortable, most narrow, least leg-room- endowed, least padded seats I've encountered. It shouldn't be this way on a transatlantic flight. All domestic flight seats I've had were better than this seating. What's scandalous is the utter contempt this airline has for the passenger: Not only is the seat narrower than you can imagine - I am a 5' 5" female who weighs just 115 lbs, but the armrests between seats only go up about 35 degrees. Meaning even if you have vacant seats next to you, you cannot lie down or spread out. I could see everyone else was as shocked as I was on this overnight, transatlantic route. I might add that he bulkhead seats, which can be prime seats for leg room etc, has entirely an entirely fixed armrest that can't be raised at all. The entertainment system felt out of date. The food was just awful. I kept thinking, what could they possibly be thinking? The flight felt less than half full, and the need for what I imagine was some need to squeeze extra seats onto the floor plan just wasn't apparent eyeing the plane. I would never, ever fly Swiss Air again if I could help it. Again, this is transatlantic service from New York City and should be the best foot forward. Is the idea that only business class and above is important to this airline? The business-class seats looked impossibly narrow too.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Dahle    (Sweden)

Flew JNB-ZRH-ARN, both flights a pleasure. The A340's business cabin have 9 seats only, a quiet oasis between first and galley. No through traffic. 3 seats are solo window seats. Excellent service, attentive crew and delicious meals. Very comfortable lie-flat seats. Though 15 minutes late arriving ZRH, meaning 40 mins transit, there was no problem catching the connecting flight. Onboard the A320, mineral water was offered the transit passengers as soon as we were seated, after take-off coffee was offered transit passengers before the breakfast service. Impressive. Our checked baggage arrived ARN despite the short conx in ZRH!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Bingham    (UK)

VCE-ZRH-MAN as part of a LH code share mid week, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, while the first leg was 40 minutes late (AC swapout) we easily made the connection in ZRH and arrived on time in MAN. Comfy seats, nice sandwich choice on the ZRH-MAN sector, good flight show and a cartoon on both legs. Personally wished farewell by the captain on both legs. Bags were off and we were clear of MAN in 20 minutes. they were competitively priced too, cheaper than the direct EZ/MON services out of MAN.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Richard Birnbaum    (USA)

Business class on A330, ZRH-DXB. Had single seat by window 10K. Very comfortable if not a bit hard seat. Easy controls to lounge or lie flat. Food was great, service fantastic. Flight attendants really seemed to love their job. IFE doesn't nearly have selection of some other airlines. Departed from E-F gates which means use of shared Panorama lounge, shared with many airlines, which was not great. Only one hour of wi-fi in lounge, then pay 6CHF, no big deal.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by A Yong    (UK)

BHX-ZRH-SIN on a Fokker 100 followed by an A340-300. Both aircraft's were clearly quite old but very well kept. This was my first time using solely mobile boarding passes on my phone for the entire journey and the check-in and boarding experience was flawless. Check-in desk at Birmingham was kind enough to allow my bag which was almost 2kg over the limit, which I was not expecting from a European airline. Zurich airport is definitely a selling point for choosing Swiss, stylish, easy to navigate and very efficient. Swiss also has probably the best-timed schedules for connecting flights between Europe and Asia. Overall service and hospitality onboard both flights was friendly and attentive, almost as good as Asian carriers. Can't say the same about the catering which was rather basic (cold sandwich on a 2 hour full-service international flight is unheard of in Asia, no menus offered, meal portions intercontinental were on the small side). Upsides were the surprisingly good wine available and the delicious Swiss cheese. The Y seat on the A340 is okay but rather outdated with no in-seat power or foot rest and an annoyingly large IFE box under the window seat. No amenity kits whatsoever on a 12 hour flight, but the frequent drinks service was appreciated. Overall a rather average inflight experience for the premium price Swiss typically charges, sweetened by the excellent experience on the ground.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

BOM-ZRH-ORD. A decent product overall. Positives: Flights departed on time and arrived slightly early. New terminal in Mumbai was a pleasure to use and lounge facilities were still under construction so had all C class area in a converted area which was fine and had great selection of food. I found the flat seat good overall, didn't like how it sinks all the way to the ground but sill was flat and not angled which makes all the difference. ORD-ZRH were good, multi course and offered cheese and dessert. Wines were excellent. Negatives: Cabin service between the two flights very different, BOM-ZRH flight leaves early morning and crew serves light, one tray snack which is cold, then disappears until 1 hour before landing and serves a one-tray breakfast which was abysmal at best. Crew were cold and looked tired. Cabin also showing signs of age with small stains here and there. Transit in ZRH was not fun, Swiss Business and Senator lounges too small for # of pax, completely packed by 10am, food woefully inadequate and shower facilities more like a train station. Would try them again if price was good but for true luxury consider SQ or EK.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Nurnberg-Zurich-Warsaw. First leg on Fokker 100 operated by Helvetic Airways. Old, shabby and visibly tired airplane, but good legroom. Not so much space for baggage. Short flight, so only water and hot drinks offered, with a chocolate. Crew ok, but not over-friendly. Very short transfer in ZRH, into Swiss's A320. What a difference. Nice and comfortable airplane, very nice and always smiling crew. Small delayed was caused for waiting for connecting passengers, but we arrived on time to Warsaw. Service was a sandwich and small chocolate, enough for 1:45 mins flight. Rating would be much higher if first sector was operated by Swiss too.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Noreisch    (Oman)

MCT-ZRH return flight. Chaotic check-in in MCT with rude ground staff. Access to Star Alliance lounge despite of my TK Gold and my business visa card. No less chaotic boarding in an Airbus 330-300. Packed like sardines, ridiculous pitch, and cabin crew even colder than the inner temperature. Stop over in DXB has been 2014 long without any explanation. Food disgusting with no hot breakfast, no night kit, no hot blankets, nothing. Needless to say that this will be the last time.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by F Wissmann    (Switzerland)

11 January, Zurich ZRH - Lugano LUG, LX2906 / 12 January, Lugano LUG - Zurich ZRH, LX2909. Both flights operated by Darwin Airline with a Saab 2000. Both flights punctual and with a great experience. Spectacular view of the Alps. Flight time is 30 to 40 minutes so catering is non existent, except a bottle of water and a piece of Swiss chocolate. I paid 100 EUR for the flights and it was worth every cent of it. Will do that again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by T Nielsen    (Switzerland)

Copenhagen to Hong Kong via Zurich. Flight out of CPH was a couple of hours delayed "due to late arrival of incoming flight", which led me to just miss my connecting flight. Well, it happens. Unfortunately, the Swiss transfer desk in ZRH only wanted to re-book me to a flight departing 24 hours later. I did not like to be delayed for longer than necessary so I had to call a friend to check alternative schedules online while I was there at the transfer desk. Then I struggled to get the Swiss transfer desk to put me on the next flight. To me it was completely unacceptable that Swiss would not put me on the earliest possible connection with another airline instead of having to wait nearly 24 hours to catch the next Swiss flight.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by A Youell    (UK)

13 Dec 2013, LX345, LHR-ZRH. LX154, ZRH-BOM. 3 Jan 2014, LX155, BOM-ZRH, ZRH-LHR. Early morning, on time flight, easy connection in Zurich, no more security check. LX345 awful breakfast, nice service, plane full, wheelchair assistance perfectly done. LX154, A330, single seat at back of business. From the start excellent service from all flight personnel, pre-flight service was done without fuss or rush. Drinks with nuts and crackers followed by a top notch meal, all chosen from Swiss menu. Very comfortable seat which moves to several different positions with ease. Second meal looked good but was still full from lunch. Arrival in Mumbai on time, total assistance from Swiss through formalities.