Swiss International Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

HKG-ZRH. Having arrived on a CX A340, it was a bit stark being on LX. Overall the plane was a bit tired (the tartanesque seat coverings don't help) and are in need of a good scrubbing. Dinner was good, there was no choice for breakfast - you got what they gave you, which is silly in a hyper-competitive long-haul market. Crew were reserved but efficient in 4 languages: Swiss German, standard German, French and English. In flight entertainment is lame and the screen quality lamer.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Gubser    (Switzerland)

ZRH-SFO, April 26 2014 in First: First Lounge in ZRH excellent, very nice decor, excellent food and good service. Very good is also the car shuttle to the gate. Flight: Very old layout of cabin, seats are very old and dated without any touch of luxury. There is very limited privacy between the seats. The TV screen is very small. The seat adjustment panel shows its age, some buttons do not work properly. The toilets have also absolutely no luxury features, they look more like economy than first class, very limited amenities (only one hand lotion and one face lotion, but no lip balm, no mouth wash etc.), after some hours they are out of tissues so you have to use paper tissues - very economy style! Amenities OK, but again no luxury. The pyjamas are good quality. Food is OK, but not on First standard (same choice and quality as Business Class). Limited choice. The chicken had absolutely no taste, the rice also tasteless - overall really not good. Good is the quality of the wines. During the flight there is no food available - worse than in Business Class where they serve sandwiches etc. Service very disappointing: 3 empty water bottles remained for more than 5 hours beside me. The maitre de cabin however was nice and tried to accommodate us as much as possible. Overall very disappointing, far away from Premium airlines like Emirates, Etihad and Singapore Airlines. The First experience is at most on Business level of these Premium airlines. SWISS really needs to make an effort.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Nitin Shankar    (Switzerland)

On leaving Mumbai, we were given a modest meal. I asked for a glass of red wine knowing that the airline has a great Italian vintage. The stewardess served me just a glass of wine instead of bringing the bottle and serving the wine from the bottle. We were asked to fill out a form indicating our breakfast order. I checked out the boxes for (a) regular coffee and (b) with milk. The next morning my breakfast was served without coffee. The stewardess bought just a cup and the coffee spilt over the papers that I had laid out on the table adjacent to my seat. I tasted the coffee. It was cold. I requested another cup, indicating that it should be served with a saucer. This time the coffee was served hot. The coffee should have been served in the first place in a cup with a saucer. What is the point of making me fill out a form in advance and then not serving me with my order? I was unhappy with this low-cost business class.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Walsh    (USA)

Airbus 330-300 from Miami to Zurich - Economy seats didn't have width for my arms to be by my hips as I held a book to read, had to put them on the arm rests. I am 5 ft. tall and weigh 125 lbs. The very large people in front of me both reclined their seats the moment we were allowed, and the man's head was literally in my lap - so close I could no longer hold a book in front of me, but also had to recline and hold the book up. The lack of space for even a person of below average size was unacceptable. At meal time, they made everyone put their seats upright, as trays could not be opened with a seat in front of you reclined. However many more passengers they squeezed in by changing seats to this uncomfortable size was not worth it!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Kingston    (USA)

Fantastic flight and service ZRH-SFO. Honestly the first class experience was simply perfect. Smiling, efficient, courteous crew. The meal was excellent with an abundance of appetizers. Wines were well chosen and fitting to a first class cabin. The crew efficiently made up the beds with the duvet. Only the IFE left something to be desired at the screen is of average size and average resolution. Zurich airport is painless and easy to manage. No lines at check in. All in all I rank Swiss No. 1 across the Atlantic.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Wayne    (USA)

ZRH-NCE, 08.55am departure, 28 June 2014. Selected because they are the sole full-service airline flying this route non-stop. At boarding gate at ZRH, agent refused to let me onboard with my carry-on size rollaboard - which I've used for years and which no airline has ever previously refused to let me take onboard. I was rudely asked to step aside to tag and check the bag at the gate - "This is a small plane today," actually it was a regular A320. When trying to board later of course my boarding pass did not scan in - extra delay and hassle. Once I boarded, I saw that overhead bins were mostly empty (and there were plenty of empty seats). No food except a croissant and a mini chocolate offered (by perfunctory and non-smiling staff). No IFE. Despite LX's obsession with checking carryon-size bags, departed gate at ZRH late and landed at NCE approximately 15 min late. Followed by 20 min wait at baggage claim for the bag. I fly 50k-100k every year and this was hands-down the worst service I've seen in coach on any airline within at least the past 10 years. Swiss? Never again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Jeff Michel    (Switzerland)

GVA-LCY in Economy 'Light' - a low fare with hand baggage only. Excellent value for money. The flight was completely full so trolley bags were checked in (free) at the gate, no fuss at all. In spite of being totally full, staff smiling, efficient, drinks, sandwich and chocolate all handled on a 1hr 15mins flight. Now if only Geneva Airport could sort out the security queues.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Stephen Lloyd    (UK)

Flight LX 179 from Singapore to Zurich in Business. Seat comfort is good, on time, with service ok and meals ok. The issue was that in a 38 seat business cabin 20% of the seats were occupied by young children. The according disturbance of noise from electronic games, alarms, crying and children wandering around, and over, seats ruined sleep for myself and others on the flight. Whilst I realise with one flight a day on this route Swiss cannot operate a child free policy, surely there has to be a limit which allows the business paying passenger to enjoy the service being paid for? Never again unless Swiss change their seating policies.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Benjamin Jilek    (USA)

My wife and I booked a flight on the Edelweiss flight direct from Tampa to/from Zurich with Swiss. We chose to use Swiss primarily because they are a Star Alliance member and I am a Gold Premier member. We were assigned poor seats, didn't get priority boarding or any of the other perks that are supposed to come with Gold Premier status. When I contacted Swiss about this I was advised all the information we relied on in choosing Swiss was incorrect. So even though we paid Swiss, which issued the tickets and the plane was referenced as a Swiss flight, there were no Star Alliance benefits and I would not receive any miles. As to the Swiss affiliate, Edelweiss, the plane was hot, cramped, uncomfortable and all drinks were a charge for this 10-hour flight. This was on the way to and from. To add insult to injury, the staff were cold and short, even for people from Central Europe and Edelweiss will allow the Economy Plus (Extra) to go empty rather than upgrade anyone with Star Alliance status. Instead, they want $200 per person per way. The Economy Plus on our return flight was empty, yet they ran out of food (unless you want curry on a 10-hour flight) and we were only 3 rows back from the front of Economy. In short, we will never fly Swiss or Edelweiss again. Better bet out of Tampa is to drive to Orlando and take the direct on Lufthansa to Frankfurt.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

SKG-ZRH on July 7. This flight was almost empty. Only 28 Pax! Flight back on an A-320. Flight left on time and arrived early in ZRH. Since we were only a few passengers on the flight, they rushed the service in all matters. No C-Class passengers, so they served everyone within 30 minutes including coffee on a 2 hours flight. I thought they really could take their time. The Purser said to me "on this flight you have Business class Service it seems". A bit sarcastic I thought. Food again was again very good. Crew in general friendly. I wish they wouldn't rush on an almost empty flight.

Flew from ZRH-SKG on July 3rd. Flight was full (A-320). Despite the flight was 30 minutes late due to late incoming of the aircraft we arrived on time. The onboard Crew were very nice and did go the extra mile always with a smile on their face. They served in coach a little hot meal (Risotto with dried tomatoes and a small chocolate cake) was very good and gave 2 rounds of drinks on a flight of 1.5 hours. Unfortunately they fly only in July and Aug twice a week. I hope they will start an all year service on this route.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Massumi David    (Switzerland)

Flight LX 454, Zurich to London City Airport, on 16 June 2014. We boarded the plane as normal, welcomed onboard and told we were ready to take off despite an earlier bird strike in one of the engines. Informed there was a 20-minute delay due to changing weather conditions. 15 minutes into the flight, the pilot announced that we were returning to Zurich, as the earlier bird strike had apparently damaged the engine too much. Then we had to be patient for an extra half hour due to the heavy incoming traffic to Zurich. In the end it took us what felt like the same amount of time as the flight would have taken to London. To offer an alternative, a crew member announced that we should take the next scheduled flight to London Heathrow at 21.20 hrs. There was no alternative to London City, allegedly due to lack of smaller aircraft that could land there. The hostess also announced that as soon as we land, we should go straight to gate 31D to board the new flight, stressing the point about going straight to that gate twice. I decided to go to Heathrow, so I rushed, along many other passengers to gate 31D and queued up, only to find the gate unattended. 20 minutes later, a staff member appeared and told us we should go gate 53D, get our new boarding passes there, and come back to gate 31D for boarding. While providing us with our new boarding passes, the staff at gate 53D also gave us a food and refreshment voucher by way of compensation, they said. These were valid for the coffee bar across the hall. So, we all went to the coffee bar and queued up there to get our “ free”food and drink. Alas, we found out that the vouchers was valid for a bar of chocolate and bottle of water. The time was after 8 pm. I was the last passenger to get a new boarding pass, I got seat 36B, which is a middle seat in the last row. The best seat in town. Finally took off at 21.55 hrs. We touched down in London Heathrow about 22.30 local time. It was about half past midnight by the time I got to my destination.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by A Petersen    (Denmark)

ZRH-CPH, C class on a slightly tired Airbus. Departure from ZRH 1 hour late due late incoming aircraft. Crew was outstanding - Purser came and explained the reason for the delay, and apologized accordingly. The whole crew were very friendly and highly professional. Ground and onboard service very good and C class bags delivered first to baggage belt. On leaving the aircraft senior Purser and First officer greeted and thanked all pax, nice touch.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Z Islam    (UK)

Travelled between LCY-ZRH and ZRH-IST to and fro and all four flights, food was non-existent. LCY-ZRH - Muffin and juice/tea. ZRH-IST - Pasta with tomato sauce, a cake and juice/tea. Absolutely no entertainment system onboard, not even multi-channel radio! The flights are always late up to 20 mins.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Terence Potesta    (Australia)

We flew LX 180 - Zurich to Bangkok on 20 June 2014 - a code share flight - we had booked Thai Airways, Sydney to Zurich. We were seated in 33J and 33K The aircraft appeared tired and the seating is very restrictive. With the person in front reclined it is impossible to use the seat table. I sat in seat 33K and found there is a positive - we left on time and arrived on time but we do not wish to repeat the 10 hours in between that the handset was missing. A broken piece of plastic remained attached to some wiring - as it was a full flight we could not be offered a change of seat. The cabin crew appeared to be efficient but by the end of the trip I would rather describe them as glacially indifferent. Food quality, served on silly little trays, was very poor and small things like no salt or pepper sachet shows a lack of quality control somewhere. The toilet nearest to us ran out of toilet paper. Yet again a poor reflection upon Swiss flight crew. On the positive side we left on time and arrived on time but we do not want to repeat the 10 hours in between. Better seating and re-focused cabin crew would help.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by W Morgan    (USA)

(LAX to LHR on United), LHR-ZRH (A320) - JNB (A340) Business class. Outstanding customer service - the purser on the flight from London to Zurich detected a glitch in the onward booking before the plane had landed and the (minor) problem (owing to booking through UA in the USA) was fixed before the plane landed! (It would not have been a crisis either way). Transit IN ZRH: international transit (Euro gates incl UK to Pier E) is not so well signposted as there is an escalator to the left of the immigration hall that saves one from clearing immig/customs and re-entering which happened to a few other transit passengers who didn't notice the escalator sign. Watch out for the sign to Terminal E! A340 Business: Staggered seats arrangement, if on an aisle seat try to select one with the arm rest console on the aisle side yourself for extra distance from the aisle. Seats are narrower than some - a little on the hard side but fully flat and "cosy". Entertainment on demand and a large choice even for those of us who fly often in the same movie/month cycle. Food very good and a nice compliment of wine if one enjoys that. Very elegantly done! Nice breakfast presentation from a trolley (not a cart).

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Donan Chris    (Switzerland)

LX1934, April 16 2014. Friendly and very competent crew. Enthusiastic pilots. Good service. Planes in good condition. Clean cabin. Rather poor onboard menu. No special comfort onboard.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Michael Schellenberg    (Switzerland)

We flew in march from Johannesburg to Zurich. The flight quality overall was very low. The entertainment system was very old (prehistoric), small screen, very few movies and almost half of my leg room was cut due to the entertainment system “box”. Food was poor quality and service very rough. I used to know Swiss from the past and had much better memories than my recent findings. The flight ticket price was ok but far from cheap.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Philip Bowen    (Switzerland)

BKK-GVA A340-300. The seat pitch is ridiculous and seats are too hard. Legroom very small and IFE box takes some space. IFE average. Food excellent, service good, on time. Zurich airport very good, little lines, fast transit. Swiss will replace the A340 by Boeing 777 soon. I hope they will privilege seat comfort and legroom for these long haul carriers, the current ones are not good at all.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Adam Field    (USA)

We just finished flying LAX-Zurich-Rome, and Venice-Zurich-LA on the way back). Several of those legs were delayed, but only by a few minutes each, and they were honestly apologetic about even that much, so I'm not complaining. All the cabin staff was friendly and helpful. Food was decent by ground standards, but mind blowingly good by economy seat on a plane standards compared to other airlines I've flown. We got a full meal and a sandwich going one way, and a meal, a sandwich and ice cream going the other way - all several steps above edible. Free booze on the longer legs, too! (Various little bottles of spirits, plus the house red/white wines. Wines merely drinkable, spirits were fairly classy considering we were in coach and they were free. If you want Campari, though, I learned you have to grab it quickly, as they always ran out. Checking in our bags at LAX was the most painless experience I've had checking in. Zurich airport by contrast is surprisingly a bit of a madhouse, but while the lines there were long, once we figured out which line to stand in, it also moved remarkably quickly, so we weren't in line for too long. I would definitely fly with SWISS again unless one of the other small handful of respectable airlines were way cheaper. That said, not everything was perfect: their website was having issues all the time (we had to call to get our confirmation numbers and to reserve seats, because their web reservation system was all kinds of buggy). Our seats on the transatlantic flights were quite cramped (I'm extremely thankful we got seats that were only 2 across, or the flight would have been hell. It was still a bit cramped even just me and my wife.) The transatlantic flights also didn't have individual seat-controllable air, and as a result got rather stuffy one of the flights.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by A Rowling    (Australia)

Clean plane. Pleasant crew. Food and entertainment are good. Seats were narrow and not well padded but considering that planes are designed as mass public transport in the air - can't complain too much. We really liked Zurich Airport as a transit point to other destinations. It is small, modern and not at all chaotic like some of the bigger transit airports. If you land during the day and have a window seat you get a fabulous view of the Alps. Would use this airline again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by C Francq    (Austria)

Zurich-Montreal return, in A330-300. My first experience with the SWISS long haul business product, and very impressed. On the outgoing flight, the Maitre de Cabine personally came around, addressed every passenger in C by name and wished everybody a most pleasant flight. The meals on long haul flights leaving Zurich are prepared by starred chefs, accompanied by good quality Swiss wines which are hard to get outside of Switzerland. Of course, on the flight back, meal quality is not in this luxury range, though adequate. The new business seat converts to a fully flat bed, I couldn't wish for more. Flights were punctual as a clock, too.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Khatoon Khazeema    (Denmark)

I was pleasantly satisfied with Swiss Airline, the flights were always clean and on time, the crew very friendly and always smiling. Another highly positive aspect of flying with Swiss airline is that you get plenty of leg space (compared to other airlines) and the seats are very comfortable even on short distance routes, which shows that Swiss airline is one of the few airlines these days which doesn't compromise quality. We got free Swiss chocolates from the crew as well as sandwiches and drinks. However, the sandwiches contained either meat or cheese and that was disappointing for a vegan like me so I would like to see animal-free meal choices next time I fly with Swiss. I would definitely fly with Swiss again and I would definitely recommend Swiss airline to everyone.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P McDonnell    (USA)

ORD-ZRH on an A330. Pros: Flight was on time. Cabin service was performed with the usual Swiss efficiency - meal service was quickly served and cleaned up, which allowed plenty of time to sleep without interruption. Food was actually very good - dinner was choice of chicken and rice, or Swiss dumplings with vegetables and cheese sauce. The dumplings were quite good, served in a generous portion, with a salad, roll and dessert. Also offered a nice variety compared to usual economy fare. Cons: Seats were very narrow, and a bit hard, though the legroom was adequate. It was tolerable for this flight, but would have been very cramped had the flight been any longer. IFE was OK, had average selection of TV, movies and music.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Jeff Williams    (UK)

LX 288, ZRH-JNB, May 6th 2014. Business class. A really good flight in an A330 with the now excellent flat beds and space. The food, wine and the service were excellent with a 30 minute early arrival at JNB. The starboard seats are the ones to go for as they are single. The only criticism I have - a Swiss IA responsibility though the service is subcontracted - is that in the business lounge there is free wi-fi but only for 60 consecutive minutes. After that there is a charge. As I had a 5hr wait this was very inconvenient. Surely, having pitched up a business class fare they could at least emulate many high street coffee shops and provide unlimited wi-fi without charge. it's not a big charge in the context of the fare, more a matter of principle.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by L Myers    (USA)

Thai Airways late arriving into Zurich and missed LH connection to FRA. Swiss rerouted ticket ZRH to ORD and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how improved the Swiss Air service was (used to fly them regularly 10 years ago). The Tuscan red wine was superb and chicken cardon blue was excellent even for air travel. Staff were very friendly and helpful to both my wife and I. LX008 on 29 April.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Shanavas Valappil    (UAE)

Boarded from Dubai on 17th April 2014. The aircraft from Dubai to Zurich was an Airbus A340. The crew and aircraft were fine, though the inflight entertainment didn't have the greatest selection of films etc. My major complaint was the food, which was truly awful. I usually fly with either Emirates, BA (whose food is okay), or Turkish Airlines (whose food is always excellent). This flight is good for onward connection to anywhere in the world. It arrived early morning.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Pascal Faoro    (Switzerland)

On a flight from Boston to Zurich I have been upgraded to Business Class. My very first experience in this class. Overall it was a very good journey of course. The 4 year old A330 was clean and comfortable. Staff friendly, helpful and professionally. Sometimes maybe not so charming as they could or should be. Flight was very pleasant and we landed as scheduled in Zurich.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Poley Karl    (Austria)

LX17, April 21, Seats 39 G/F. Worst atlantic flight ever! I had made reservations for J/K seats, we found ourselves packed into narrow and unpleasant G/F seats. The very same happened on flight LX16! The food on LX17 was just bad. The cabin temperature was far too cool, even 2 blankets did not help and the cabin crew could not do anything about it.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Demetris Pijiolis    (Russia)

LX1326, Zurich - Moscow, 18 April. Ground service was a disaster, with Swiss personnel refusing to assist passengers for the self check in. Seats in the economy class were not comfortable and it was actually the 1st time I saw a 3x3 seat arrangement in the business class section, on A320! Food was ok, staff during the flight was ok. Inflight entertainment: TV every 2-3 meters with no earphones.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

Zurich to Stockholm, April 11. The equipment used on this service was an Airbus A321-100 and I was seated on 4F in Business Class. Flight scheduled 16.35-19.00 but was delayed due to late incoming aircraft so actual time was 16.55-19.20. The travelling experience was generally very good. Swiss offers a traditional full in-service business product also on intra-European flights. This includes a 3 course meal which was very tasteful and included a selection between to hot main dishes. The only thing that is lacking is the timing in the service. No pre-dinner drinks or snacks were offered, these had to be ordered at the same time as the meal was served which took quite some time into the flight. The timing of serving coffee/tea was also not as to be expected. The service level in general from the cabin staff I regard as lower than expected. They do their job in a correct Swiss manner, but it lacked the sprit and enthusiasm that you would expect from such a well renowned carrier as Swiss. Cabin was clean and tidy and the middle seat was free in Business Class and the seat pitch was good. The seats are however the same as in Economy, that is Recaro Slim Seats with artificial leather that, to my opinion, is not especially comfortable. The same type of seats can be found on several Star Alliance airlines within Europe. They offer no support for your head, so if you would like to take a short nap, bring your own pillow. An in-flight entertainment system was offered with overhead screens that was ok. Overall, though a good experience, that however can be improved by quite small measures.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  10 April 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Istanbul-Zurich-Warsaw. Both flights on nice and clean Airbus 320. Cabin crew nice, not over enthusiastic or over friendly, just did their job. Both flights on time. Food rather poor, From Istanbul tiny portion of hot pasta arrabiata with muffin served, inedible. To Warsaw - tiny sandwich. The best part of service was a chocolate. The only downpoint is Swiss' obsession with cabin baggage. They fly the same airplane type as any other airlines, but their fights and constant, quite unpleasant arguments with passengers to check-in cabin bags are horrendous. Such strict policies I have seen only with the low cost airlines. Swiss does it for no reason, as other airlines see no problems where Swiss does. There are better options service-wise.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Badertscher Boris    (Switzerland)

LX1623, MXP-ZRH and connection LX180, ZRH-BKK on 11/3/14, Seat 6K. LX161, NRT-ZRH on 3/4/14. Service on the flight was very good. I was surprised on the flight from Milan to Zurich (55 Minutes), that it was possible to serve snacks and drinks. Service was very friendly and not stressed. The connection flight to Bangkok was perfect to, staff were very friendly and attentive. The Menu served was good in taste. The seats and the flat bed were very comfortable and easy to operate. Unfortunately the onboard entertainment system was a bit old and slow. The screen was very small and the picture quality bad. Flight from Tokyo to Zurich was very well organized. The connecting flights had been mentioned during all flights. If the transfer to the connection flight was very short the affected passengers were specially taken care of.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mike Palmer    (UK)

London City to Stuttgart via Zurich in economy was a bit of a curate's egg. The 0730 departure from city left late with no reason landing on time in Zurich. Service with only one crew in economy was slow (and unusually the Cabin Manager not heading back to assist. soft / hot drinks were served though only a muffin offered as food which I think for a 0730 departure is poor by Swiss standards. Cabin secure on the swiss legs was non existent but very thorough on the helvetic legs. Excellent connecting flights in Zurich both ways with Helvetic on immaculate F100 aircraft. Loads of room, a smart interior (grey leather seats and red carpet) was spotless along with friendly crew. The return leg from Zurich to City was late leaving due to a PAX miscount, with a small dry filled roll and drinks served. Looking forward to the new aircraft due on this route (C series) which starts next year. I think the service has marginally declined since I last flew this route, with BA out of city offering a better product. I hope Swiss sort the quality of inflight refreshments out as I do like both Swiss and flying from city.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by R Lane    (USA)

JFK to Zurich - economy. Most uncomfortable seating ever. I am only 5 ft 4 and 130 lbs but was in pain and claustrophobic. Narrow seats on top of it so you are nearly sitting on your neighbor. When seat in front reclines it is nearly on your lap. Makes eating, drinking or watching movie difficult. Only good thing was choice of movies. Will avoid in future.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 March 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

LX1254, Zurich-Stockholm on March 27. Flight departed Zurich on time at 16.35 and arrived slightly before scheduled arrival time at 19.00 at Stockholm Arlanda Airport. Aircraft on this service was an Airbus A320 and I was seated in Economy on seat 10F (a window seat). Flights were more or less fully booked so it was rather cramped and the overhead bins became full before all passengers had boarded. This is quite normal on this particular flight since the load factor is normally very good, thus meaning that it may become somewhat uncomfortable for you as a passenger. The standard of the aircraft was good and the seat pitch is perceived to be marginally better than the average carrier on intra-European routes. This may however only depend on the seat design. I have not checked the pitch compared to other airlines. A simple hot vegetable tart was served that in fact was quite tasty. Two rounds of services with both hot and cold drinks were offered during this 2 hr 20 min flight which I appreciated. The spirit and level of personal service and attention of the cabin crew I regard as slightly below the average full-service carrier on intra-European services. An in-flight overhead entertainment system were installed which was ok. The in-flight magazines available is also ok, with quiet some variety of Swiss watches, also available in the lower price range. The seats is of the more common recaro slim seats with artificial leather, that to my opinion is so so. The cabin temperature was quite high which appears to be normal on Swiss flights for some reason. Best credits to the cabin crew that upon landing welcomed everyone to the "Royal Kingdom of Sweden". This was very much appreciated by me, and I guess by many more Swedish passengers!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by P Eaton    (USA)

LX23, JFK-GVA, New York to Geneva in February. Flew economy and in spite of the fact that this was a recently refurbished plane (and perhaps even newish), this plane had the most uncomfortable, most narrow, least leg-room- endowed, least padded seats I've encountered. It shouldn't be this way on a transatlantic flight. All domestic flight seats I've had were better than this seating. What's scandalous is the utter contempt this airline has for the passenger: Not only is the seat narrower than you can imagine - I am a 5' 5" female who weighs just 115 lbs, but the armrests between seats only go up about 35 degrees. Meaning even if you have vacant seats next to you, you cannot lie down or spread out. I could see everyone else was as shocked as I was on this overnight, transatlantic route. I might add that he bulkhead seats, which can be prime seats for leg room etc, has entirely an entirely fixed armrest that can't be raised at all. The entertainment system felt out of date. The food was just awful. I kept thinking, what could they possibly be thinking? The flight felt less than half full, and the need for what I imagine was some need to squeeze extra seats onto the floor plan just wasn't apparent eyeing the plane. I would never, ever fly Swiss Air again if I could help it. Again, this is transatlantic service from New York City and should be the best foot forward. Is the idea that only business class and above is important to this airline? The business-class seats looked impossibly narrow too.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Dahle    (Sweden)

Flew JNB-ZRH-ARN, both flights a pleasure. The A340's business cabin have 9 seats only, a quiet oasis between first and galley. No through traffic. 3 seats are solo window seats. Excellent service, attentive crew and delicious meals. Very comfortable lie-flat seats. Though 15 minutes late arriving ZRH, meaning 40 mins transit, there was no problem catching the connecting flight. Onboard the A320, mineral water was offered the transit passengers as soon as we were seated, after take-off coffee was offered transit passengers before the breakfast service. Impressive. Our checked baggage arrived ARN despite the short conx in ZRH!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by D Bingham    (UK)

VCE-ZRH-MAN as part of a LH code share mid week, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, while the first leg was 40 minutes late (AC swapout) we easily made the connection in ZRH and arrived on time in MAN. Comfy seats, nice sandwich choice on the ZRH-MAN sector, good flight show and a cartoon on both legs. Personally wished farewell by the captain on both legs. Bags were off and we were clear of MAN in 20 minutes. they were competitively priced too, cheaper than the direct EZ/MON services out of MAN.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Richard Birnbaum    (USA)

Business class on A330, ZRH-DXB. Had single seat by window 10K. Very comfortable if not a bit hard seat. Easy controls to lounge or lie flat. Food was great, service fantastic. Flight attendants really seemed to love their job. IFE doesn't nearly have selection of some other airlines. Departed from E-F gates which means use of shared Panorama lounge, shared with many airlines, which was not great. Only one hour of wi-fi in lounge, then pay 6CHF, no big deal.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by A Yong    (UK)

BHX-ZRH-SIN on a Fokker 100 followed by an A340-300. Both aircraft's were clearly quite old but very well kept. This was my first time using solely mobile boarding passes on my phone for the entire journey and the check-in and boarding experience was flawless. Check-in desk at Birmingham was kind enough to allow my bag which was almost 2kg over the limit, which I was not expecting from a European airline. Zurich airport is definitely a selling point for choosing Swiss, stylish, easy to navigate and very efficient. Swiss also has probably the best-timed schedules for connecting flights between Europe and Asia. Overall service and hospitality onboard both flights was friendly and attentive, almost as good as Asian carriers. Can't say the same about the catering which was rather basic (cold sandwich on a 2 hour full-service international flight is unheard of in Asia, no menus offered, meal portions intercontinental were on the small side). Upsides were the surprisingly good wine available and the delicious Swiss cheese. The Y seat on the A340 is okay but rather outdated with no in-seat power or foot rest and an annoyingly large IFE box under the window seat. No amenity kits whatsoever on a 12 hour flight, but the frequent drinks service was appreciated. Overall a rather average inflight experience for the premium price Swiss typically charges, sweetened by the excellent experience on the ground.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

BOM-ZRH-ORD. A decent product overall. Positives: Flights departed on time and arrived slightly early. New terminal in Mumbai was a pleasure to use and lounge facilities were still under construction so had all C class area in a converted area which was fine and had great selection of food. I found the flat seat good overall, didn't like how it sinks all the way to the ground but sill was flat and not angled which makes all the difference. ORD-ZRH were good, multi course and offered cheese and dessert. Wines were excellent. Negatives: Cabin service between the two flights very different, BOM-ZRH flight leaves early morning and crew serves light, one tray snack which is cold, then disappears until 1 hour before landing and serves a one-tray breakfast which was abysmal at best. Crew were cold and looked tired. Cabin also showing signs of age with small stains here and there. Transit in ZRH was not fun, Swiss Business and Senator lounges too small for # of pax, completely packed by 10am, food woefully inadequate and shower facilities more like a train station. Would try them again if price was good but for true luxury consider SQ or EK.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Nurnberg-Zurich-Warsaw. First leg on Fokker 100 operated by Helvetic Airways. Old, shabby and visibly tired airplane, but good legroom. Not so much space for baggage. Short flight, so only water and hot drinks offered, with a chocolate. Crew ok, but not over-friendly. Very short transfer in ZRH, into Swiss's A320. What a difference. Nice and comfortable airplane, very nice and always smiling crew. Small delayed was caused for waiting for connecting passengers, but we arrived on time to Warsaw. Service was a sandwich and small chocolate, enough for 1:45 mins flight. Rating would be much higher if first sector was operated by Swiss too.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Noreisch    (Oman)

MCT-ZRH return flight. Chaotic check-in in MCT with rude ground staff. Access to Star Alliance lounge despite of my TK Gold and my business visa card. No less chaotic boarding in an Airbus 330-300. Packed like sardines, ridiculous pitch, and cabin crew even colder than the inner temperature. Stop over in DXB has been 2014 long without any explanation. Food disgusting with no hot breakfast, no night kit, no hot blankets, nothing. Needless to say that this will be the last time.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by F Wissmann    (Switzerland)

11 January, Zurich ZRH - Lugano LUG, LX2906 / 12 January, Lugano LUG - Zurich ZRH, LX2909. Both flights operated by Darwin Airline with a Saab 2000. Both flights punctual and with a great experience. Spectacular view of the Alps. Flight time is 30 to 40 minutes so catering is non existent, except a bottle of water and a piece of Swiss chocolate. I paid 100 EUR for the flights and it was worth every cent of it. Will do that again.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by T Nielsen    (Switzerland)

Copenhagen to Hong Kong via Zurich. Flight out of CPH was a couple of hours delayed "due to late arrival of incoming flight", which led me to just miss my connecting flight. Well, it happens. Unfortunately, the Swiss transfer desk in ZRH only wanted to re-book me to a flight departing 24 hours later. I did not like to be delayed for longer than necessary so I had to call a friend to check alternative schedules online while I was there at the transfer desk. Then I struggled to get the Swiss transfer desk to put me on the next flight. To me it was completely unacceptable that Swiss would not put me on the earliest possible connection with another airline instead of having to wait nearly 24 hours to catch the next Swiss flight.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by A Youell    (UK)

13 Dec 2013, LX345, LHR-ZRH. LX154, ZRH-BOM. 3 Jan 2014, LX155, BOM-ZRH, ZRH-LHR. Early morning, on time flight, easy connection in Zurich, no more security check. LX345 awful breakfast, nice service, plane full, wheelchair assistance perfectly done. LX154, A330, single seat at back of business. From the start excellent service from all flight personnel, pre-flight service was done without fuss or rush. Drinks with nuts and crackers followed by a top notch meal, all chosen from Swiss menu. Very comfortable seat which moves to several different positions with ease. Second meal looked good but was still full from lunch. Arrival in Mumbai on time, total assistance from Swiss through formalities.