Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer Reviews and Saudi Arabian Airlines Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Scholten    (Netherlands)

SV447, JED-JNB, 26/07/2014 on Boeing 777-200. Check-in was efficient, but Jeddah Airport is very chaotic. Flight was overbooked, but on time. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful. Special meal and several drinks were served. Meals tasted good. The IFE system was great. However, the seats were quite old and not very comfortable.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Sahli Goenawan    (Indonesia)

Flying SIN-RUH-CDG-RUH-SIN. From Singapore Changi T3 on 30th July 2014, B777-300 ER, there were only 22 passengers onboard to Riyadh. Beautiful, new, clean aircraft, watched 3-4 movies. 2 meals served to RUH from SIN and I had a 4 hours connection before continuing to CDG Paris on a B777-200ER. Cutlery onboard this flight were Stainless steel, while from SIN-RUH they were plastic. Both flights were on time. Allowed 2 pieces of luggage. On the return flight from CDG Paris on 15th August 2014 to SIN via RUH the flight was on time on a B777-200 ER. Had to wait 7 hours at Riyadh Airport to connect to SIN flight on B777-200 ER as well, departed on time. Again plastic utensils from RUH-SIN flight. Nothing to complain about.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Abrar    (UK)

Terrible service on SV121, RUH-LHR on 19/8/14. Flight left on time. This was a morning/lunchtime flight. The crew served a breakfast which was pathetic in content and size. They then insisted that all the window blinds be closed - surprising since that this flight was not so early in the day that people would need to sleep. Passengers were treated like children - fed and put to sleep. The explanation appeared to be that the crew wanted to and did completely disappeared for several hours. About 90 minutes before landing there was another so-called food service (an awful sandwich). Passengers left this 6.5 hour flight hungry. In complete contrast, on the flight to Riyadh they served two proper meals.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Mitra Dipankar    (India)

Mumbai to Washington. The flight timing was absolutely right - 9.30 pm. Most other international flights depart Mumbai at ungodly hours and we were quite happy not to have to wait some extra hours for that. The check in staff were courteous and the process was smooth though with a little wait for a computer glitch. We had some odd seats, but the onboard staff were nice enough to accommodate us in the rear double seat which were empty. The first halt to Jeddha was only 2.30 hrs away. The food service started quite early and we were served a tasty and sumptuous dinner onboard. Inflight entertainment had good variety but the touch screen in front of me was not responding to touch so I had to make do with my wife's screen who promptly went to sleep. This was a tolerable glitch. The Jeddha halt was for 6 hrs. Immediately on reaching Jeddha we were, quite surprisingly, given meal coupons (approximately worth $20 each). There was, however, only one restaurant where the coupon was valid and the options were only between veg/non-veg. The food was indeed very good and sufficient in quantity. The airport is small and quite cramped though clean and with sufficient seating arrangement. The seats are good enough for a short wait but no place to take a nap on. The toilets were clean but watery and wet all over. This is primarily due to the reason that local people are in the habit of washing their feet in the washbasins. Next leg of our journey, lasting 15 hrs, was also excellent and enjoyable. The inflight crew was nice and polite and were in good attendance. We are now awaiting our return flight middle of Sept. '14 and hopefully will have the same experience as on the outbound.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by M Kappen    (Saudi Arabia)

I flew JED-LHR-JED. Aircraft very comfortable and plenty of leg room. Boeing 777. However service was very poor. Flights were less than 25% full and staff paid no attention they allowed phones to be used whilst taxing and during takeoff and exerted no control over passengers. Pilot didn't tell us we were about to land he just switched on seat belt signs. Food was poor my meal was dry and tasteless. I won't fly again unless only option.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Farida Reza    (USA)

Attractive price and on-time every time made me buy DAC-WAS-DAC tickets for the fourth time. I travel twice a year to Washington and in spite of the long transit it is worth it. However during my last trip I was very disappointed to find that I could not use the ALFURSAN lounge with my priority pass, even when I offered to pay for the lounge they refused. I spent 16 hours in the airport, without a transit visa I could not go to the Terminal 3 where I was told my priority pass could be used, also I could not check into a hotel. Overall it is a wonderful airline but some arrangements should be made for passengers on long transits.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Hafez Mohamed    (Egypt)

Cairo-Manila, transit in Dammam, on Airbus flight was fine. Seat in Emergency Exit was good and food was good as well. From Dammam it was a Boeing 747-400, it was fine but the seat was not that big, service was good and crew provided what you wanted and entertainment was fine. Going back from Manila to Riyadh my flight was delayed 13 hours, they provided a hotel to us during this period and the hotel was good. I'll strongly recommend Saudi.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Butt Khurram    (UK)

MAN-JED-DXB-JED-MAN. Overall a very pleasant experience. Food was plenty on all sectors. All four sectors were fully booked. Inflight entertainment was good. Both my children were served children's meal as requested. Activity bags were given on all four sectors for kids. All flights on time and comfortable. My only disappointment was Jeddah airport because I had 5 hours transit on my way back to Manchester. Most of the security staff at Jeddah airport did not speak English which made it so difficult to explain. We were given a dinner voucher for our 5 hours transit which was plenty. Jeddah airport is ok for short transit but being a single father and two sleeping kids, I had a bit of nightmare at the airport for 5 hours but I can not rate the airline bad because of Jeddah airport. I would not mind flying with SV again. A good experience.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Dawood Fakhruddin    (Bahrain)

Mumbai-Riyadh-Bahrain. Mumbai to Riyadh was Boeing 777-200. 90% of passengers were Indian blue-collared workers. The FA's were welcoming to everyone alike. Everyone was greeted with a smiling face. Mango/orange juice was served, and the lunch service began. Food was hot (had to wait for 5 minutes for it to cool down). Inflight entertainment was fairly good. Unfortunately our row's computers weren't responding. Stopover at Riyadh was 4 hours. The airport had charging points and many cafe's with affordable drinks and eatables - gets boring if you dont have personal entertainment. Riyadh to Bahrain was an Embraer 35 seater. The scheduled duration was 1 hour 10 minutes, but the actual time taken was just 50 minutes. 10 minutes after takeoff lunch was served (goes without mentioning it was piping hot), the meal was filling with salad, dessert and a main course. The trays were taken back within 20 minutes. In short, the entire 10 hours journey was pleasing and worth the cost. I should mention that I got the ticket for 1/5th the original price because of a special offer. Worth every penny and I wouldn't mind paying the whole fare as well.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Ahmad Johnson    (South Africa)

Flew JED-JNB. Jeddah airport is a nightmare, though the Saudia terminal has quite a nice Duty Free shop. Flight announcements are made very unprofessionally and rudely. Taken from the terminal to plane in a bus which took approximately 10 minutes. I really hope that they install airbridges in the new airport. Boeing 777-200 is used on this route. Cabin is quite clean and the prayer facility is a bonus. Meals have got to be even worse than Egyptair. Toilets are well stocked and inflight entertainment is sufficient and up to date. Seat is quite comfortable but the headrest is like a rock. Managed to pull about an hours sleep. 97% of the flight attendants just do their job without a smile while the other 3% are slightly better. All in all, I will fly with them again.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Sanjay Shahani    (Canada)

I flew business class from Toronto to Chennai, with a stop over for 3 hours in Jeddah. The flight from Toronto (SV 60) was about 80% occupied, which was surprising because just prior to take-off, the Saudia website showed only 35% occupancy in business class. This means that passengers were upgraded on points or people paid a small surcharge to get upgraded at the airport. I was a bit disappointed with the state of the business class section. The aircraft obviously had seen better days, and everything from the carpets to the seats needed to be refurbished. The seats are angled lie flat seats, which is not so bad. However, the seats themselves were very hard and not as comfortable because the middle section was lumpy with the joint digging into one's back. The pillow and blanket were fine and the amenity kit was also standard, nothing to write home about, but at the same time wasn't cheap. The food was quite good. Service began with dates and Arabic coffee on take-off, and then moved into freshly squeezed juices. They also gave us menus, and we could choose between three types of mezze (tapas) - Arabic, international and vegetarian - which was followed by a choice of two soups (arabic and international). The main course was also a choice between arabic (fish sayyadi) or lamb in gravy (quite tasty) and chicken or vegetarian choice. This was followed by cakes, pastries, middle-eastern dessert and ice-cream. Coffee, tea and espresso was also offered. Breakfast just before landing in Jeddah was also quite good and wholesome. The service itself was quite well done by a friendly crew who were willing to oblige. They were pleasant and responsive but not overly stylish. The crew itself was international. All in all a decent flight, but nothing to write home about. If Saudia improves their cabin interiors, and changes their angled lie flat seats by making them softer, it will be a much better experience. The flight from Jeddah to Chennai (SV 768) was not very good. The crew were friendly but the food wasn't up to the mark. The service was spotty. No pillows or blankets were given - nor were the business class amenity kits handed out - and many people were allowed in business class, either as upgrades or last minute surcharge passengers - not a great practice. The most disappointing aspect of the flight was that the Airbus 330-300 was old and the seats were like the old business class seats. They only had a 45 degree recline which was not very good for a 5.30 hour flight. It is puzzling that Saudia isn't changing its business class seats to angled lie flat as in the Toronto to Jeddah sector.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by F Smith    (UK)

Delayed for 22 hours Milan to KLIA via Dubai. Re-routed with Emirates in the end, no information or help received at all. Return leg no inflight entertainment due to malfunction, and rude passengers, no chicken meal available. I certainly wasn't going to move either for the clinically obese passenger who would of struggled to fit into 2 seats so he could have an aisle of 3 to himself. Ironically whilst in transit, I found Saudi people lovely, welcoming and friendly. Our transit in Jeddah was great, free meal and excellent duty free stores, even a smoking room albeit tiny.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Ali Arif    (UK)

London Heathrow-Jeddah, Medina-Jeddah, Jeddah-London Heathrow. Flight hostesses nice, food excellent. Nice 777-286ER on way to Jeddah from London Heathrow, brilliant in-flight entertainment including all the new movies and songs. Medina-Jeddah small Embraer 170, was a bit turbulent but the hostesses did all they could to keep passengers calm. Jeddah-London Heathrow, 777-386ER was really nice, clean. Gave a variety of foods, including chicken and fish. All food was warm and water ice cold. Would definitely recommend.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by N Juan    (Philippines)

From Paris to Manila with a stopover in Riyadh. Flight from Paris to Riyadh was ok, but from Riyadh to Manila was a total nightmare. We got our airfare at a promo price so I wasn't expecting anything grand. We had a 9-hour layover in Riyadh from 8pm until 4am the next day for our flight to Manila. There was no internet at the airport, no place to comfortably sleep, and we had no local currency, so nothing to do. The worst part was when we had a mix up with our seats. In our e-ticket we had booked economy seats in the upper deck (economy service but business class seats), in Row 18. But upon receiving our boarding passes, we were transferred to the farthest row in the back, in Row 63. We tried to fix this mistake by talking to Saudia staff member, none were any help. No one said sorry, no one attempted to try to help us with our predicament. After 15 minutes of arguing, they said that if we wanted to take our original seats then we would have to fly the next day. We had no choice but to take the Row 63 seats so we could finally go home. To make matters worse, there was no in-flight entertainment at all in the entire 9 hour flight, the small table where we ate was broken, the toilets were dirty and had no tissue, and the food was really terrible. I will never fly with this airline again.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Wilson See    (Singapore)

DXB-JED-DXB. First leg was on the old A330s with no personal IFE. It was a short route so nothing to complain about. Food was normal, service staff were alright. Return flight to DXB was much better with the new B777-300 series. The inflight entertainment was good, but food was bland. Comfort level was there. I will only fly with Saudi Arabian airlines again if they are using the new aircraft. But overall, I'm please with my short route with them.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by N Khan    (Saudi Arabia)

SV720, DMM-ISB, March 18. Travelling with aged father, and so I tried to get business seats. Business class does not exist! The seats in Economy class are fine if your height does not exceed 5 feet. If you are 5'11" like me, you will be in extreme pain.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Sami Mike    (USA)

14 hour flight from RUH to IAD non stop on new 777-300. The new planes have outdated configuration in business and very uncomfortable angle seats. The amenity bag used to be 10x better, not sure why they are cutting back on what used to be good. The quality of service was horrible, everything is a trouble. Screen was very big, 15 inches, however, horrible picture. Not enough selection for a 14hr flight especially if round trip is within a week!

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by J Ray    (UK)

Saudi's services from London to Riyadh and Jeddah on the 777 have been very good. Meals are generous and choices are excellent, the drinks service (soft drinks only) is frequent, inflight movies on demand are reliable with a broad selection, and crew members work hard to take care of you. Saudi leg room is spacious. I slept well in Business from Riyadh to Heathrow and the Salvatore Ferragamo amenity pack was well equipped. Dates and arabic coffee before take off is hospitable. Ground handling and airport service in Saudi Arabia can be unpredictable and inconsistent, but the agent who looked after me at King Khaled International was extremely polite and professional and checked my bags through to Newcastle with minimal fuss. The fare was very good value. Saudi Arabia is not a market in which BA bathes itself in glory - seats sell anyway, and the old 767 from Jeddah and 747 into Riyadh have seen better days. Saudi is often significantly cheaper and the equipment is modern.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Jamil Itani    (Lebanon)

JED-MED was flown on 23-1-2014 by a 3 years old A320, however this aircraft was extremely dirty and the seats were dirty. Flight duration was one hour and the crew were friendly.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Mini Serrano    (Austria)

Flew RUH-MNL on the old 747 aircraft. All business class passenger are now in the main front cabin and changed upper deck to economy. Surprisingly the old route doesn't have inflight entertainment system for this 10 hr flight. Seats are the old leather seats back in the 80's. I believe SV need to upgrade their premium cabin to the same level as other middle eastern airlines on all fleets and not just the new ones.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by A Iqbal    (Norway)

Traveled from Geneva to Islamabad via Jeddah. The quality of service varied a lot between the two legs. GVA to JED was small plane (A320), the plane was clean and plenty of legroom. Food was good. Service was overall OK. The second leg was on new 777. The staff was rude and impolite. I was given a seat in business class along with few other passengers. Before departures one of the cabin attended ordered all the passengers to leave business section and find a seat in economy. When I objected they let me stay where I was. Staff was not interested in working at all. I will never fly this airline again, ever.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Jaime Jaramillo    (Colombia)

Dec 21, Flight 430, Nairobi-Jeddah. Dec 22, Jeddah-IAD, Flight 035. Very satisfied with the trip, the connection a bit long but the company gives you a voucher for dinner, the plane was a 777, very good food and very friendly crew, flight departure on time. After looking at the reviews was worried but the plane was excellent including the food and schedules.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Syed Mukhtar    (Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur to Paris via Jeddah. I have to disagree with comment of other passengers using this airline. I found that this is airline is punctual and gives the standard care of an airline. Jeddah airport maybe one of the worst airports for connecting flights but its not fair to review the whole experience of Saudia based only on airport. This airlines offers a good price to travel with good food and good care throughout the flight. Of course the standard is not up to Emirates or Singapore Airlines but they are doing good job. I would recommend this airline to another customer.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Majid Alfayez    (Saudi Arabia)

I am frequent flyer with Saudia. Overall, it is good airline if you find a seat. My takes on Saudia are: Always there are no seats available for domestic flights. It is near impossible to find a seat. No direct flights to and from Dammam except to few cities. Unfriendly staff. They stopped serving meals on board and instead they started to give untasty sandwiches.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by A Obispo    (UK)

I travelled with my 12-month old baby London-Jeddah-Manila. My experience was the worst travel ever! London to Jeddah was acceptable. Jeddah airport is not so worthy to be called an airport to its facilities and unfriendly airport staff - there was no baby changing area nor a feeding area. Flight stewardess from Jeddah to Manila was not so helpful at all! My baby was crying for a long time and none of them bothered to ask if I needed help.I will never travel with Saudi Arabian Airlines again and will never recommend it to anyone.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2013 by David Houlihan    (UAE)

I fly Saudi a lot, overall they are always on time. Aircraft are new so for the time being in good condition and clean. Most of my trips are short up to 2 hours so don't require entertainment as they hand out ear phones but there are no screens. The Catering has been cut, you used to get a full meal service on international flights regardless of length, Saudia I would have to say had some good catering on board, now its a frozen bread sandwich with tea or coffee, better off give nothing as no one eats them. Staff as usual get the basics done, don't expect interaction or a smile as that's obviously not in the job description. Fly them again? Probably A to B on time with bags, all I need on a short hop and prices are reasonable.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by PJ Trebuchet    (UAE)

DXB-RUH-CDG. Open ticket price (return): EUR 256. Low fares but really pitiful service: first leg DXB-RUH was late zith no explanation, only a tiny and icy cheese sandwich has been served on a 1hr 55min flight. Very unprofessional cabin crew. At least, 77W equipment was modern and clean. 4 hours transfer at RUH, I accessed the Premier lounge with my Master Gold: dirty toilets, no showers, no quiet zone. Rude, ignorant, shamefully arrogant ground staff at RUH. Second leg RUH-CDG: old 772 aircraft, dirty and smelly toilets, rude and disorganised Arabic cabin crew. Food disgusting with no choice available (despite of information provided). Horrifically cramped seats, mine was broken. Actually a low cost airline. Avoid it.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by Kenneth Lee    (Saudi Arabia)

GIZ-JED-TUU-JED-GIZ and GIZ-RUH-JFK-RUH-GIZ. As you can see I travel a lot on Saudia and know this airline well. The thing I really like about SV is that it's such a punctual airline. Flights are almost never late. Saudi domestic flights are not that expensive and are fully changeable fares with no penalties. If you are traveling domestic, travel light and carry it all on. Security at domestic airports in the kingdom is not that strict, so you can get a bottle of water and toothpaste through security. Does not charge extra for exit row seating. They also allow a free checked bag on domestic flights. Food service and inflight entertainment on international flights are pretty good actually. But 10 across on Saudi's 777's make it for a very tight flight. I certainly recommend taking SV to the USA during the low season! My flights to JFK were empty. We're talking 75 people on a 777. The amount of personal space on an empty widebody is amazing! I am very disappointed that Saudi has decided to cut costs and downgrade domestic food service. They used to offer hot chicken and rice, the local dish on domestic flights. It was always delicious. Now, they offer cold snacks only: a muffin, cheese sandwich, or a tuna or chicken sandwich. I used to get the sandwich, but not any more. It is truly a mystery meat sandwich, with very little taste. Flying during Ramadan is always a treat. They pass out the snack boxes, and tell the passengers when they can begin to eat, even if it's 10 minutes before landing, they will land with the trays down, with the catering items still on them! The cabin crews are friendly all the time. Saudia gets you from A to B without all the fuss of American carriers, that's for sure. I recommend Saudi if the price is right, you can't go wrong with them.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Abdullah Alghunaim    (Saudi Arabia)

Flew from Riyadh to IAD. Firstly, Delayed 1 hour from departure with no explanation on what caused it. Second, on our 13 hours flight from Riyadh to IAD the entertainment system was down for all of us in business class. Not sure why we bothered booking business class if we can't at least enjoy some movies/TV shows in this long flight.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2013 by A Fest    (Germany)

SIN-RUH-FRA. First leg was in a very nice 777, which was one of the most convenient flights I have experienced. Spacious leg room, endless entertainment options and nice food. Transit in Riyadh was interesting as we could leave the airport after a strange procedure that took 2 hours, but it was worth it, as I don't want to stay in any airport over night if I have another option. Second leg to Frankfurt wasn't that nice. The 6 hour long flight was in a small A320, without much entertainment and with worse comfort. It would be ok for a flight half as long as this, but for 6 hours after a rough night was really a bit hard. Staff on both flights were alright, nothing special though I would definitely fly with them again, great value in my opinion.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by C Walsh    (Germany)

Frankfurt to Manila via Jeddah, 27 Jul. Manila to Frankfurt return, 18 Aug. Flight SV180, SV860. Awful airline, AC not working, a passenger asked for water while delayed and was refused. Impolite, rude and lazy staff, TV's not working, safety briefing not working due to technical faults, aircraft disgusting. I will never use this airline again and will ensure everyone I know hears what I went through.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by V Burns    (Saudi Arabia)

I have flown RUH-MNL-RUH many times, much cheaper than all it's competitors when flying this route in Business Class. However the service is shocking to say the least, more often than not it is late and they don't even announce delays. 7/10, the inflight entertainment does not work, and cabin crew whilst generally polite and friendly are not to be found unless during meals. Aircraft is always 747-400, very old and tired. However, if price is not an option then I would always seek alternative airlines. My score for this airline is heavily influenced by the fact I am getting Business Class seats for Economy fair otherwise it would rate much worse.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by S Wilson    (UK)

SIN-RUH on an old 777 with the most leg room in economy I've seen for years. Excellent IFE, crew cheerful, friendly and helpful taking the time to chat with passengers and laugh and joke. Food was fine with regular drinks. Layover at RUH was met with obnoxious and arrogant guy barking orders for those in transit. Typical overpriced food outlets with seats designed to be uncomfortable. RUH-LHR completely different story. Same old tired plane with IFE not working in many seats, seat covers coming off and a tired looking crew sleeping in the galleys and looking like every job was too much hassle and a real resentment for the passengers. One meal service, one drink service, a crew that could not have cared less if they tried.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by R Pascal    (France)

Paris CDG to Chennai, India via Riyadh, 30 July. Lucky me, I was on an exit seat, served by the most professional and most charming air hostess! Delicious food on the CDG-RUH leg, followed by a box, offered 10 minutes before landing, due to Ramadan timetable. Nice return flight too.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by PJ Trebuchet    (UAE)

CDG-RUH-DAC. Price for one-way flight: 310 EUR. The SV option is only good if your goal is to save money. Otherwise, EK, QR or even TK are much, much better: chaotic check-in at CDG, contradictory information was provided by SV ground staff. First leg was operated by a B777-200, old and tired. Toilets were smelly, food was bad, and only one drink has been offered for a 6 hours flight! 8 hours stopover at RUH. This could not have been worse: rude, ignorant, unhelpful ground-staff. No transit hotel option, lounge option even if you pay for it. I finally got an access to the Premier Lounge with my Star Alliance gold credit card, no shower, no quiet zone inside. Second keg from RUH to DAC: shameful. Plane extremely dirty in less than 2 hours, no one from cabin crew was paying attention. Some of them were simply sleeping in passengers seats. No amenity kit, no breakfast, only one drink served and no food at all. Poor security on board, old airplanes, rude and unprofessional cabin crew: do not use that airline.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by M Stringfellow    (Saudi Arabia)

Jeddah - Abha - Jeddah. Regular flyer with SV. Jeddah airport chaotic. Will be glad when the new airport is built - eventually. Flight was during Ramadam but cabin crew were happy to offer refreshments to non-Muslims. Don't bother with pre-arranged seating. Cabin crew will move passengers so that families can sit together. Cabin crew looked resigned to their jobs. People on their phones during the flight, seats not upright as instructed. Overall poor safety within the cabin. An elderly lady was sitting in the exit row with bags on the floor and the cabin crew walked past. Honestly, they get you from A to B without the seriousness of western airlines.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Farida Reza    (USA)

July 4 to August 14, 2013.Routes: Dhaka, Bangladesh to Washington, USA. My second trip on Saudi. Seats are comfortable, even a foot rest. Economy seats are like business On many other airlines. Food was wonderful, especially their snack table. I am now planning to use this for my long trip (twice a year) from Dhaka to Washington.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Careemah Choong    (Malaysia)

Infight service is pleasant with accommodative cabin crew. However the flight was delayed 2 hours due to system failure. Station manager was very unhelpful and unwilling to assist with the connecting flight.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Mohammed Alibrahim    (UK)

LHR to Dammam with a stopover in Riyadh. First flight from London to Riyadh was great, plane was new B777-ER and clean. They could improve on their flight service. Very impressed with the amount of luggage I could check-in as I had a lot of luggage and the tickets were cheap. As for the second journey which was an internal flight it was a different story, plane was old and shaking due to windy weather - the pilot did not update us with any info. Overall I will use them again.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2013 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Doha to Riyadh return. Very good flights both ways on A320. Crew attentive and professional. Flight time was only 1.5 hrs but we were given a filling and delicious hot meal. The planes were very clean and in immaculate condition. A pleasant surprise and much cheaper than QR on the same route.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Muhammad Mubashir Farooq    (Saudi Arabia)

Jeddah to London. I was pretty impressed with their service. The crew members were better then average. It was a Boeing 777-300ER, just 4 months old aircraft. The food was ok, we were provided with menu cards and amenity kits. There is only one problem with them is the ground crew on the airport is not polite but on their aircraft they are fine.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2013 by K Gergely    (Saudi Arabia)

Flew domestic return from Riyadh to Najran. 2nd time with SV, first to Doha. What sticks out the most is the unprofessional cabin crew. Cabin crew never checked seat belts or seats prior to take-off or landing, they themselves sat chatting with pax. A pax next to me was actually re-seated during take-off. Cabin crew forgot to serve meals to an entire row. No options to SV on most domestic routes but I will always try to fly another airline internationally. Nevertheless, good legroom and new airplanes. Average food, no IFE.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2013 by Vasista Valluru    (India)

Very pleased with my recent experience. I travelled Hyderabad-Riyadh-Cairo-Jeddah-Hyderabad sector. The in-flight service was excellent and food (I chose AVML) was very nice. I liked the seating and the flights were on time. The only problem I had was the non functional IFE system on Cairo-Jeddah and Jeddah-Hyderabad sectors. All in all, a very good experience for the money I paid for the ticket.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by A Armie    (Philippines)

Turkey-Jeddah-Manila. First leg was chaotic. No system at all. Passengers were not informed by staff when to enter the aircraft. Flight delayed an hour. Arrived at Jeddah late. Cabin was so dirty especially the toilet! No entertainment at all during flights. Staff informed us the next flight would be the following day. We were brought to the passengers lounge. Stayed at the airport for 27 hours with no couch to sleep on. Really very poor service. That would be our first and last experience with this airline.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2013 by L Osman    (UAE)

Dubai-Jeddah-Riyadh-Dammam-Dubai. All flights were on Airbus A320 except the Riyadh-Dammam leg was on a small Embraer. Check in at all airports was chaotic, specially domestic flights, SV has an odd policy of one bag per passenger only to check in, I had 2 small carry ons only, both together didn't exceed 17 kg however I was allowed to check in only one bag, which led to a lot of luggage in the cabin which was chaotic. Aircraft's are a mix of old torn planes and ok, however I don't like the leather seats concept, looks very old and full of strains. No entertainment at all, on all sectors, some flights with no refreshment, however I was surprised on Dammam-Dubai sector they had a full service which was roughly a 75 minutes flight, but full dinner and tea and coffee was served. Cabin crew are ok, not very friendly but they were doing their jobs with no enthusiasm but doing it right, except for the Asian crew as they are always cheerful, not very fond of SV but I have to take it every time I am in KSA due to domestic flights, though nothing major to complain about, but will never fly it in international long flights.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2013 by Lauren Cahill    (UK)

Recently flew from Rome to Johannesburg via Jeddah. I was very pleasantly surprised. Flight was comfortable, we were given blankets, toothbrushes etc, the food was good, there were mini TVs in the back of each seat and the selection of films and programmes was great. Staff were all friendly and helpful, a great experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them if they maintain this level of service.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2013 by A Althani    (Qatar)

Flew DOH-JED-DOH in Business Class. Service was very good, IFE was adequate and easy to operate, food was also average. Seats on the A320 were very comfortable and price was excellent when compared with the competition - the luggage allowance was very generous. I will use them on this route as the overall package is very attractive!

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2013 by Hamad Alkhudhairy    (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-KUL-RUH. There was a 6 hours delay, the service was poor but the new 777-300 was excellent. The in- flight entertainment was excellent despite the flight delay.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by E Harunani    (Tanzania)

Nairobi - Jeddah - Kuala Lumpur and back. Seats fairly comfortable and food satisfactory although all choices were not offered and not available. Inflight entertainment was also okay. The staff looked tired and unfriendly, snapping at the passengers although they did address them as Sir or Madam. Had a long stopover in Jeddah - transit facilities very poor, air conditioning set at cold temperature and food provided basic and monotonous. Ground staff handling transit passengers were not very helpful and forthcoming with information and reacted angrily to passengers asking for information. We had to be re-routed on the return leg from Jeddah to Nairobi via Cairo with Cairo-Nairobi sector with Kenya Airways.

Saudi Arabian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Malik Qadeer    (USA)

New York-Jaddah-Islamabad. At JFK check-in was smooth. Flight left on time on a Boeing 777-200. Flight was full, nice clean aircraft. Food was average. They have an open self-service snack bar at the rear of the aircraft. In Jeddah we had a 10 hours layover. Had to haggle with staff at the airport for dinner vouchers. Jeddah - Islamabad was a Boeing 747-400 and every seat was full. Food was ok. Only reason I will fly this airline again is its low price.

1 2 3 4