Saudi Arabian Airlines

"gave me a good nights sleep"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to London Heathrow. New Boeing 777 aircraft with newer flatbed Business Class seats. Had comfortable seats which gave me a good nights sleep. Breakfast and overall catering for Business Class is poor and needs improvements to be on par with other Gulf airlines. The entertainment and free wifi was a plus.
RouteRiyadh to London Heathrow
Date FlownDecember 2017

"ticket did not go into the system"

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Paris. What a disappointment. I had a SkyPriority ticket and I really wonder what's the point when using this company. At the boarding gate, my ticket did not go into the system. The team could not get me into their system. I was stuck at the boarding gate 1 hour without being given explanations. I was taken my passport and my ticket, and left on the side for 1 hour. I almost missed my plane. We pay more to be SkyPriority and at the end that it does not work. Saudi Airlines team made no commercial gestures, they did not care.
RouteRiyadh to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2017

"service of the staff was great"

Trip Verified | New York to Dhaka via Jeddah. The first flight was from JFK to Jeddah and it was 12 hours long. The plane left on time and arrived 30 minutes earlier in Jeddah. The food was awesome and the staff was nice as well. The landing was pretty smooth and the on flight entertainment system was decent. No headphones were supplied though. The second flight was from Jeddah to Dhaka and it was 6 hours long. The plane left Jeddah and arrived in Dhaka on time. The food was excellent once again and the service of the staff was great.
RouteNew York to Dhaka via Jeddah
Date FlownDecember 2017

"baggage was left on Jeddah"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Tunis. My baggage didn't arrive when we landed in Tunis, I, among other people, were waiting for our luggage. We were waiting for two hours from 9 am to 11am and then at the end, they told us that your baggage was left on Jeddah because it was heavy. It's the first time I heard this. So they knew from the beginning that they left our luggage in Jeddah and no one told us - there was about 30 people waiting for their suitcases. I had to come back to Jeddah on Saturday because i'm working. So, they told me whether we leave it in Jeddah or ask someone to pick it for you. I was furious.
RouteJeddah to Tunis
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Jeddah Airport one of the worst places "

Verified Review | Manchester to Kuala Lumpur via Jeddah. The inflight entertainment is so heavily censored to Saudi Arabian standards that there essentially isn't any. American sitcoms, for example, censor out all swearing, references to sex and alcohol, hugging, cuddling, kissing, and they even blur over any exposed flesh - e.g. shoulders and even lower legs. Same selection on all 4 of our flights as well, which totaled almost 30 hours. Very disappointing. The severity of the strict dress code on board is ridiculous. As a woman you have to be completely covered, and in loose fitting clothing - so no leggings or tight trousers. I wore a floor length skirt and a long sleeved top, which is genuinely really quite uncomfortable for a long haul flight. My partner (male) wore shorts as it was a night flight and he wanted to be comfortable, he found out he wouldn't be allowed on board and so had to buy trousers. Jeddah Airport transfer lounge is genuinely one of the worst places I have ever been. It, in itself means you should seriously reconsider traveling with this airline, especially as a young western woman. The toilets are like an incoming apocalypse, honestly, it's nearly impossible to describe just how bad they are. There are essentially no shops, it's crowded to dangerous levels, to the extent that if there was a fire or an emergency of any type, people would be crushed to death. It's hard to even find a seat, and there is nowhere quiet to go, even the first class lounge is heaving. There are no restaurants, just very understocked, underwhelming cafes. The aircon and ventilation is appalling, it's stifling to overwhelming levels. Men and women also can't go through security together, so my partner and I got separated for a while, which was also quite distressing when I couldn't find him for half an hour. Honestly, avoid this place like the plague. The food and drink choice on board is limited as well. I understand the no-alcohol policy, however some more food options than 'beef and rice' or 'chicken and rice' would be welcome over the course of 6 meals! If you, like me, tend to get a bit dehydrated on flights, then make sure to take a couple of bottles of water on board as they are very stingy at providing drinks. On a positive note all four flights were on the brand new Boeing 787 planes, which were beautiful and seemed quite spacious in comparison to other long-haul flights I have been on.
RouteManchester to Kuala Lumpur via Jeddah
Date FlownAugust 2017

"was a very enjoyable flight"

Verified Review | I traveled from Addis Ababa to Beirut Via Riyadh on Saudia Airlines on September 13th 2017. It was a very enjoyable flight even with the four hour stop over in Riyadh. Saudia is a full service airline so we got meals and drinks. It did begin at 3:35am in the morning which is not the best time to catch a flight. All in all I will fly with them again.
RouteAddis Ababa to Beirut via Riyadh
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"learned that our luggage were lost"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Singapore via Jeddah. When we arrived to Singapore, we learned that our luggage was lost. Anyway, we went to lost and found to get information and fill the required forms. Responsible staff informed us that our luggage will be delivered within 24 hours but this was not true. We called hotline everyday to get information and also we checked global trace system everyday to get any good news and also we sent lots of e-mail to customer relations of SA airlines. As a summary, we used all channels that we can use. Of course, we could not get any response. We supposed that our luggage will not be able to be found anytime. We bought something to survive such as shoes, clothes and 4 days later suddenly our luggage was delivered to our hotel and we were shocked. Could you imagine such a period that you are in as a customer? They managed the process very unprofessional and amateur, no information, no compensation etc. One week later we went to airport for departure, we requested an authorized person to talk and explain. She came and gave us an e-mail address of her manager to send mail to demand our rights. Also they gave us 75USD for 1 person as compensation in the airport but they also said this is just for temporary action, company will pay also for 4 days delay and also purchasing items cost that you bought to survive. We came back to our country and sent e-mail to manager and she said that 'according to our policy, is to give 75$ US or equivalent in local currency for the delay of the baggage and for the inconvenience of our guests'. My ticket has just 1 stop in Jeddah but after Jeddah, we did not go to Singapore directly. First, we went to Kuala Lumpur then Singapore. In Kuala Lumpur, we were not allowed to go out from the plane just waited for one hour for new passengers.
Routeİstanbul to Singapore via Jeddah
Date FlownOctober 2017

"staff helpful, kind and friendly"

Verified Review | Nairobi to Toronto via Jeddah. First time flying Saudi Airlines even though most of the reviews I read about them were not good I still decided to try it out. Their staff are very helpful, kind and friendly, not very strict on luggage weight they wont mind the extra 2 kilos unlike other airlines. Flight was clean and had rooms to perform prayers. Decent food. Inflight entertainment was not bad either. The only issue I had with my flight was at Jeddah airport. Probably the worst airport I have visited. No communication on flight information, rude staff, no proper seating area, very crowded, barely any duty free shopping stores, only 3 coffee shops, no WiFi. If you have more then 3 hours stop over I suggest you look for a different airline.
RouteNairobi to Toronto via Jeddah
Date FlownOctober 2017

"doesn't have entertainment"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | I'm so disappointed with my last experience with Saudi Airlines from Riyadh to Jakarta. On board of the outbound flight I discovered the malfunction of the entertainment system, so I told the flight attendant and informed him about the issue but he told me that after the airplane takeoff the system will be restarted. After takeoff nothing happened and it turned out that 50% of the airplane seat doesn't have entertainment. For 9 hours flight you are setting face-to-face with the seat in front of you. In the return flight from Jakarta, the flight was delayed 1 hour but in the flight no entertainment at all for all seats, some peopled argued with the flight attendants but they had nothing to do with it.
RouteRiyadh to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Hospitable and friendly staff"

Verified Review | We flew Business to Jeddah in Economy and return from Madinah to Manchester. Excellent service, friendly check-in and on-board staff. Extremely comfortable seats in Business and nice seats in Economy Class. Prayer Room and Toilets well-maintained and convenient. Hospitable and friendly staff.
RouteMadinah to Manchester