SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by R Nixon    (Sweden)

My friends and I flew from Gothenburg Landvetter to Pristina Intl Airport. Flight from GOT left on-time and we arrived on time. Seats on the plane weren't too comfy, but all other Boeing's I've traveled with have had similar seats. Staff on-board were very friendly and warm, made a few jokes and talked openly. The food and beverages menu isn't the biggest and most extensive one you'll see, but the things that are there are really tasty. Flight didn't have any LCD screens, but it was only a 2hr 40mins flight, so it's okay. I also like that they give you free coffee/tea and a newspaper when you enter the plane. The overall experience was good, I would recommend anyone to travel with SAS.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by James Palmer    (Sweden)

STO-ALC return. Outbound flight was quite good. On an old 737 although in fresh condition. You basically pay for inflight drinks and food, complimentary coffee and tea. The salad was actually great, quiet cabin with smooth and good FA's. No inflight entertainment. Return was the absolute opposite. Boarding was chaotic in Alicante with crew apparently not figuring out how to manage boarding 3 people in wheelchairs, at the same time queuing up the rest of the passengers in a hot corridor for boarding. Full plane with large amount of families with children, the children running around the aisle and being loud and parents non existent of course. Meal service was slow and this time the salad was absolute rubbish. Wines are cheapest of the cheap but you still pay 8 euros for a small bottle. It can be good and when it is, it is really good, but when it is bad then it's close to Ryanair class.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2013 by Marc Guillemard    (France)

Flew Paris to Oslo in Economy. Flight was on time. Plane was a 737 in decent condition. Ageing cabin crew were not smiling but not surly either. The legroom is decent. No entertainment, as is often the case in medium haul flights. Was absolutely shocked by the fact that you have to pay in what I expected to be a full-service airline to get a Coke! Those people wonder why they lose passengers to budget airlines and the only thing they can think of is deteriorating their service to the same level. For once was happy not to travel business, because seats were absolutely identical.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Georg Petersen    (Denmark)

CPH-EWR-CPH one week ago, and I think they are on par, with most other European airlines on long haul flights. I had no problems, what so ever, on my flights. The food tasted great and I got what I needed to drink before and during the meal. For some it is important to be able to press the button, and maybe they are slow to respond, but in fact I prefer to move my legs and walk to the galley to have something to drink. Some of the crew EWR-CPH made jokes with me, and asked me about my stay in New York, because they had been working on my outbound flight. Yes I was recognized, even in economy. Some people maybe don't like this attitude, but it is in fact Scandinavian.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Richard LeBaron    (USA)

We enjoyed our trip from Washington to Copenhagen and back on SAS in July, 2013. Despite seeing a number of poor reviews online, we found the ground and cabin service to be both professional and pleasant. The notion that the Danes never smile is just nonsense. Went through their online system to upgrade our outward flight and it worked fine. Were unexpectedly upgraded on return.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Judith Massey    (USA)

Flight home to California from Gothenburg started poorly as the airport was closed due to weather. All flights after that fell as well. Told we would be bussed to Copenhagen, little or no information from SAS for the rest of the day. I found a SAS official at the Copenhagen airport who was very surprised to see 2 buses full of SAS passengers. Airport was not informed we were coming. We must have stood in 10 lines, most of which moved at a snail's pace. What had been a beautiful 2 weeks in Sweden turned into a very unpleasant flight home. The rebooking on KLM eventually got us home. KLM was brilliant. We'll go to the Netherlands next time. Flight to Sweden was OK. The equipment was old but at least we got there. My complaint refers to the return flight that wasn't.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Gregory Michaelsen    (Denmark)

Flew Copenhagen to Oslo, complete chaos at Copenhagen Airport check-in desks. Stood in a bag drop line for 45 minutes before finally dropping the bag 35 mins before departure. Flight, old plane, boarded 10 mins before departure sat onboard for the next 25 min without anything happening before the captain informs that waiting for connecting passengers. Arrivals, luggage did not arrive before the following day, extremly rude staff working at arrival services and did not want to answer any questions nor assist with any toiletries bag which they normally give out.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Elizabeth Thomson    (USA)

Found the food to be extremely poor. During long flight from Copenhagen to San Francisco, the cabin crew came round apart from meals only once with water, no juice. I asked for a coke and was told I had to buy it at $4. I could have got a small bottle of wine for nothing which they served with the meal. Got a mushroom wrap half way through the flight. No tea or coffee and before we were due to land they came round with a so called meal which was another mushroom wrap, a square of chocolate and small cup of tea. This was very poor considering what we pay for a flight. I had to go to the rear galley to get the coke, I was not served with it.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by P Spruijt    (Netherlands)

TRD-CPH-AMS on June 22nd. At the request of SAS personnel, I gave up my seat on the overbooked airplane for passengers that had CPH as their final destination. Before leaving the aircraft SAS personnel promised me that I would arrive in AMS that same day. Back in the terminal I waited 6 hours to find out that they did not arrange a valid boarding pass for any of the planes to AMS. Consequently, I had to fly to Oslo, spend the night at Oslo airport and fly to Stockholm the next morning, before finally flying to AMS. I arrived with a delay of 22 hours!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Schoenagel    (USA)

Washington to Copenhagen. After reading some negative reviews we were pleasantly surprised. Flight and connection was on time. Plane was clean. Seats in economy not too roomy or comfy, but about the same as other airlines we have used. Seat bottom pitches forward a bit. Food was pretty good, nice and hot for airline food. Headphone/earbuds hurt a lot, so bring your own. Good movie selection but the screens were somewhat scratchy and diff to view. On board entertainment system had a few glitches overall. Staff were adequate and professional but not warm/friendly. Good value and experience overall.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Niels Solberg    (Norway)

Excellent Journey With SAS from Tokyo Narita to Copenhagen with SK984. Flight on time, excellent check-in service and friendly atmosphere all the way. Flight time went fast, 11 hours, With many good films to choose from. Scandinavian hostesses always polite and professional, the Scandinavian way, which means no fake smiles, but down to earth service. Affordable airline tickets which gave generous value for money and bonus points. I have travelled With SAS all over the world since 1976 and will continue to do so. Look forward to experience their new airplanes and hope one day soon that they will offer flights from Scandinavia to Brazil. Long haul With SAS has always been a pleasure.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by M Kelleher    (Australia)

Madrid - Copenhagen - Gothenburg. Got a good price on tickets and received exactly what I paid for! Staff strike at Madrid airport didn't help matters. Only airline in their part of Madrid Barajas without check in kiosks and queue management. Staff onboard were fairly indifferent, polite enough. Helpful enough to read out gates for transferring flights on landing. Flight to Gothenburg quick and efficient, however 75% of staff were focussed on business/SAS plus customers, leaving a single attendant to serve 75% of the remaining economy customers. Really thin seats on plane from Madrid, but this made for better legroom. SAS lost all our luggage, eventually, after 24 hours returned it.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Peeters    (Belgium)

Copenhagen-Brussels. Checked in, then discovered gate number did not appear on the screen. After a very long wait with no information, finally it was cancelled. Very long waiting line at the service center and still no information as to why the flight was cancelled. 2 hours after planned departure, we finally knew we were not going home that day. Rebooked for the day after (not the first flight), and they promised we could pick up our luggage. This information was wrong. They supplied us with a survival kit instead. We got directed to a hotel, with very few facilities. Free 3 minute phone call as if we were prisoners. Our basics needs were covered, nothing more, nothing less. No apologies at all!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Wolff    (USA)

This is second time I've flown SAS. This time round trip from Chicago O'Hare to Copenhagen. Both trips: issues with hot cabin with no direct air above the head. "H" seats have little black box under them, which greatly diminishes leg room. I would prefer a cold cabin, one can always use a blanket. Both times, husband and I had to switch into shorts, and we were still very hot. Attendants left dinner tray on our little tables for over one hour, with a 8.5 hour flight, this is unacceptable. No attendants offering to pick up trash. Finally went to find a trash can: found an attendant in the very back, very grouchily told me to put my trash "there". Had bad attitude from female attendant, because my husband asked for wine for us (paid for by us,) she came with one wine, he said we needed one each. She was angry that he had not been clear that we needed two wines. In middle of 8.5 hour flight: we saw zero attendants of any kind for over 3 hours. I find this unacceptable. When they did show up, they only offered coffee and tea. Not water. When we asked for water, they acted like we were asking for gold. Music and movie buttons did not work. Had only my own personal music, and no movie entertainment for 8.5 hours. Interior curtain system broken, and constantly rattled during flight. Will not book with SAS again.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by J Eriksson    (Sweden)

Round-trip ARN-CPH-NRT-CPH-ARN. Outbound flight okay. Flew with lights off most of the time. The placing of the reading light was a bit annoying, when the front passengers had their seats reclined the light ended up directly into their faces. Everything else was mostly okay. Toilets were quite dated, one had been badly cleaned. Inflight system a bit dated, remote control need to be replaced. Very annoying was that you could not see a movie from the start, they were just playing. Meal and breakfast great on both trips. Return trip - After boarding, some passengers behind and in front of me noticed their seatbacks were not fixed and reclined by just pushing the seat back. A technician at Narita fixed this. During the take off however I noticed my seat was the same. Pushed the attendant call button but took a long time to help. She explained the chair had to be adjusted manually by a button underneath the seat and she had to fix, making it impossible for me to recline it myself. When I was trying to sleep I wanted my chair reclined, however I had to call an attendant again. Not until about 20 minutes before landing did I get help straightening my seat. Never again SAS.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by A Petersen    (Denmark)

CPH-ORD-CPH June 2013. Picked some excellent value tickets on recent SAS promo. Both flights on time, in fact we left a little early on the return trip. Service not very memorable, SK have very "experienced" flight crew. Whilst they know their job well, they are not particularly friendly. Food acceptable, no inflight amenity packs or anything like that. Entertainment system - bring a good book! Poor small screens, very small selection of movies etc, not AVOD.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Thomas Eriksson    (Sweden)

ARN-MLA, 737-800. Travelled on one of these "charter" destinations with SAS. It's an all charter experience. Last year I decided to fly in Economy Extra but it's not worth the money so this year it was economy. We took off within 5 min from scheduled departure. Pretty full flight and 4 cabin staff onboard. Still it took almost 2 hours before we were offered to buy something to eat or drink. Flight was smooth but with a very tired cabin staff. Landed on time in Valletta.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Alan Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-LHR. SK505. I luckily got seat 7D, just behind SAS Plus/Go which take up the first 6 rows. I was surprised to note that the 'Business' class rows were completely full across the rows, exactly the same as economy. I would certainly not pay extra for that service. Flight was good, tea and coffee free, landed early with quick baggage delivery.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2013 by John Petergal    (USA)

23rd June, Flight 944, Economy, Chicago OHare - Copenhagen - Gothenburg. Return on 30th June. European based travelers may not be overly impressed with SAS, but compared to United or American Airlines, which fly out of our home in Chicago, economy class on SAS is like flying first class on them! Free meals, no baggage fee, free snacks, drinks, towels, pillows, blankets; all the things you pay extra for on United or American. More legroom, cleaner toilets, outstanding attendants on our flight. On the way back, when the pilot announced we had to wait 15 min for a gate, a Danish girl's chorus burst into a beautiful traditional folk song in 4 part harmony that had everyone on the plane cheering! I'd fly SAS again in a New York Minute. We had passes to the VIP lounge, which was excellent.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by V Roberts    (UK)

I travelled yesterday from Oslo to London and experienced a distressing situation trying to access the toilet facility with a grumpy unhelpful hostess not prepared to move her trolley x2rows. It took 20 minutes before the facility was available. It is our first and last trip with SAS.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SAS SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES sas scandinavian review passenger reviews customer opinions standards