Jet2.com Passenger Reviews and Jet2.com Customer Trip Reports

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 October 2013 by S Wright (UK)

Newcastle to Paphos, 16 Oct, return 23 Oct. Pre-booking a waste of time ,no baggage drop at Paphos then soft bags had to be taken to another drop desk. Coach driver at Paphos on mobile phone with loaded bus and failing to follow correct lane discipline on return to airport. Baggage drop at Newcastle was not manned. All flight staff both ways was good.

Jet2.com Customer review :  24 October 2013 by K Hughes (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Tenerife on 13th October and returned 18th - and was not impressed. The cabin crew were disorganised, rude and surly and preferred chatting in the galleys! On the return flight the air conditioning system in the cabin leaked badly and showered the lady next to me. The cabin crew didn't even seem to care that she was elderly and soaking wet and were rude claiming it was only a drop of water (which it clearly wasn't) both landings were extremely heavy. The plane had definitely seen better days! As a frequent flyer I can honestly say its the worst service I have experienced and will not be using them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Harry Bratley (UK)

17 October 2013, Lanzarote to East Midlands. 20 minute delay in take off due to some late luggage being delivered to the aircraft. Usual ancient 757-200 but clean and plenty of legroom in standard seats. Bonus is not being able to recline so passenger doesn't bash you in the face and take up your personal space. The only problem is that the seats are just so uncomfortable as the are made of thin sweaty plastic that give no support. Had to stand for 30 minutes during the flight to get any feeling back in my legs and bottom. Next time I'm taking a cushion! Cabin crew pleasant and efficient. Landed 20 minutes early at EMA. Apart from the awfully uncomfortable seats, Jet 2 are still the best of the low cost airlines.

Jet2.com Customer review :  21 October 2013 by D Stewart (UK)

Just returned from a weekend break in IBZ and used LS on both sectors. You can't escape the fact that their B733 have seen better days however both flights were on time and the GLA based crews were fantastic. Exceptionally friendly, polite and very professional. Some other GLA based crew with other charter carriers would do very well to learn from their example.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Leda Graveson (UK)

Manchester to Tenerife, 04/10/13, flightLS917. Return 11/10/13, flightLS918. Its the first time we booked with Jet2.com, was a little worried, anyway was nicely surprised. Everything was so easy, no stress, no delays. We shall definitely be booking with Jet2.com again. The aircraft was brilliant, didn't feel like cattle, plenty of leg room and seats wide enough - 3 of my party are over 6ft, one being 6ft4 and being a large lady was rather worried but didn't need to be. No inflight entertainment but slept anyway.

Jet2.com Customer review :  17 October 2013 by A Maidstone (UK)

Flew to Las Palmas From Newcastle on Sat 5th October and returned on the 12th October. We were highly delighted with the flight and service on board on both flights. Prompt take off and arriving early on both flights. Seats not too comfortable on a 4.5 hour journey, but better than most competitors due to the extra leg room as standard. Have no hesitation in using Jet2 again, in fact have already booked for next June for Cyprus.

Jet2.com Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Gray (UK)

Air time 4hrs to Madeira on same aircraft out/return, the seats row 32 (near the back of the aircraft) were very poor on the posterior, no wonder lots of people wanted to stand in the aisle! The legroom was good/ok, the aircraft noise was typical of the 737, 'very noisy at the back' on these ancient aircraft. The pilot/co-pilot commentary on keeping us updated with locations, etc, was very good, however the most annoying part was the cabin crew when they were sat at the back together they all had verbal diarrhoea and raised their pitch whenever the pilot was talking therefore drowning out his commentary, they also chatted on and on when selling so called duty- free over a mike that sounded faulty. The pre-ordered hot breakfast was good in quantity and quality, Overall the flight experience was not the best but it was bearable, 'Just'.

Jet2.com Customer review :  14 October 2013 by B Latham (UK)

Have flown with Jet2 many times and excluding take off delays we have always been satisfied with the service with Jet2 and loaned Titan aircraft - that was until 4 October when a Privilege aircraft was substituted from Palma. Jet2 should seriously review using aircraft from Privilege as this could seriously damage their good reputation - very old, dirty and definitely not up to Jet2 standard.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Simon Channon (UK)

LBA-BCN return. Another generally positive trip with this airline: elderly, but clean and reasonably comfortable plane; friendly crew; punctual both ways. The only let-down is the peddling of overpriced food, drinks and so- called 'duty free' goods.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 October 2013 by A Taylor (UK)

I opted to print boarding cards one month before our recent holiday in Tenerife and was astounded that my wife and I were split up on both outward and inward flights. I was even more annoyed when I asked at the baggage desk if it was possible to change seats at all. The girl on the desk said 'Yes, no problem' as the seat next to mine was free. She changed my wife's seat so we could sit together, but the sales desk (nearby) said the return journey was 'fully booked', so we'd have to be apart. Imagine my astonishment when the guy next to me on the return flight had only printed his boarding card a few days before he flew out (for one week and well after my BC print). This just stinks of Jet2's desire to charge extra for a guarantee to sit both of us together. Despite the cost of 1200 for a 10 day holiday, they charge extra, extra, extra whenever they can. In addition to this both outward and inward flights were delayed.

Jet2.com Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Brownlie Murray (UK)

Flew back from Prague to Edinburgh, the plane was older than me and sounded it. When taking off it vibrated terribly. On landing it was that loud it sounded like the engines were inside the plane not on the wings, worst flight ever! Flight out was with easyjet and was the best flight I've had.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 October 2013 by D Reed (UK)

We flew with Jet2 from Manchester to Heraklion on a leased Privilege airline, to say it was tatty was an understatement. In fact it was a health and safety issue because the seating was falling apart and the upholstery being ripped exposed the steel seat structure. This was a issue with a lot of seats and the plane was also in need of a good clean. A poor start to our Jet2 experience. We returned 11 days later to Manchester on a Jet2 737-800 and this was perfect and very clean with great staff. This is the second time I have flown with Jet2 and I would give them another go but somebody seriously needs to take a close look at that flight with Privilege because it gives Jet2 a bad name.

Jet2.com Customer review :  10 October 2013 by L Osborne (UK)

Went to Turkey in September and really enjoyed the flight. Surprised how much legroom there was. The flight crew were pleasant and helpful. The check in at Leeds Bradford was very good as was the boarding.

Jet2.com Customer review :  7 October 2013 by J Haughin (UK)

Returning from Paphos airport was chaos, huge queues. When finally reaching check in I was informed my bag was too soft and directed to the special bag queue. My bag has travelled with me for over 15 years and was never deemed too soft. The staff that were there were either rude or of no help.

Jet2.com Customer review :  4 October 2013 by W Turner (UK)

Flew to Lanzarote on 26th September. Pre-booked seats 33b and 33c extra legroom as I'm 6ft 5 and very large framed. These seats were perfect with plenty of legroom. What they don't tell you is seat 33a is next to an emergency exit, it has a big box attached to the door which means who ever is in that seat can't sit straight, they have to sit on an angle. The hostess was nice and arranged a swap to seats 1E and 1F these seats were good with plenty of legroom. We had booked the opposite seats on the way back 33D and 33E again paying for extra legroom, when we were leaving the aircraft on the outbound flight I spoke to the head air stewardess about the arrangements for the way back and could she arrange that the seats could be swapped to the same ones we went out on. On arrival a week later, the lady came back saying nothing had been changed and there was already somebody in those seats. I decided to leave it to the flight crew to sort out as I had had enough at this point. Without telling anyone until we had boarded, it was an airline called prestige with a completely different seating plan. There was no extra legroom. On seeing my seat I was devastated at the fact I was going to have to try and sit in there for 3.45 hours. I had to struggle to stand up again causing mayhem around me.

Jet2.com Customer review :  30 September 2013 by G Elliott (UK)

Holiday to Corfu, out 9 Sep, return 23 Sep. First time with Jet2. What a surprise -- the best check-in service at Manchester - great staff - flights on time outward and inwards and the sausage and mash was as tasty as advertised.

Jet2.com Customer review :  26 September 2013 by J Smith (UK)

Our actual Holiday to Elounda in Crete was spot on as it was last year, we have booked to go for 3 weeks next year. My complaint is about the return journey. When we arrived at Heraklion airport on 17/09/13 we were met by a jet2 rep who told us we would have to queue up outside the airport as the jet2 desk was very busy. We stood outside for 40 minutes then we were told to queue at desk 19 (20 and 21 were also being used). The queue never moved so we finally got hold of the jet2 rep who didn't seem to know what the hold up was. There was nobody processing anyone at desk 19. The rep came back after many more passengers had stopped her to find out what was going on, she mentioned someone had got on a wrong flight and that was the hold up. We had to join a queue that was actually moving, we spent an hour in the queue. Then went on to security which was about 20mins and finally up to the departure lounge where we had just purchased a coffee when we were told we had to board the aircraft. This was a total nightmare for us and everyone else on our flight LS514. Surely there must be a better system than the one that is being used at present.

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 September 2013 by James Kidd (UK)

2 return trips from Newcastle to Ibiza in the past 3 weeks and once again found them excellent. First return trip both legs were flown on a Titan Airways A320 aircraft with a mixture of Jet2 and Titan Airways crew who were all very pleasant. Excellent legroom, both outbound and return flights on time and the online check in service was easy to use and saved us a lot of time in the airport as we were travelling with hand luggage only. The 2nd return trip was taken with my wife and 8 month old son. Outbound flight on the same Titan Airways A320 and once again on time. Online check in was unavailable as we were travelling with an infant but I was still able to pre book my seats and check in was a breeze at both airports and took less than 5 minutes. Once on board our outbound flight we realised that the back of the cabin where we were was mainly rowdy youngsters off to San Antonio and at the front of the plane mainly families. Without us even asking, and despite the flight being almost full, the attendant told us row 8 had 3 spare seats next to each other and we were welcome to sit there once the seat belt sign was switched off. As soon as the captain allowed passengers to move around the cabin she came straight over and told us we could move down to the front and even helped us with our baggage. The return flight was on a Jet2 Boeing 737-300 and although it was clearly an old aircraft it was clean, well maintained and once again on time. I really can't praise this airline enough and thankfully they are now the biggest carrier out of Newcastle meaning we will be using them many more times in the future and have indeed already booked to fly with them again.

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 September 2013 by L Percy (UK)

We travelled MAN to DBV on 15th September returning on 19th September 2013. Both flights Boeing 737-800 series, both flights early, Recaro seats, ok for 3hr flight. Bought snacks on board not too expensive, cabin crew ok on both flights - pleasant flights. The only negative point is looking at some of the people sat in the emergency exit seats ie, pensioners god help if there was a emergency no way they could operate the emergency doors. Come on jet2 fit and able bodied people in Emergency exit seats.

Jet2.com Customer review :  25 September 2013 by A Field (UK)

This was the fourth time I travelled with Jet2. Despite the aircraft being of an age that would have qualified it for an aviation museum, it appeared in good condition with good legroom and seating. The crew were pleasant and helpful and the flight was punctual. I will happily travel with this airline again. Maybe someday the Jet2 fleet will be modernised.

Jet2.com Reviews Jet2.com Passenger Opinions Jet2.com product Jet2.com service standards