Air New Zealand Passenger Reviews and Air New Zealand Customer Trip reports

Air New Zealand Customer review :  13 November 2013 by M Jones    (UK)

LHR-LAX return. Have to say both flights were the most uncomfortable ever. Very hot on both legs and even the stewardesses were complaining about the heat. Also seating on the 777-300 is very cramped. BA or Virgin next time i think.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  8 November 2013 by B Sparrow    (USA)

Having just returned to the US after visiting New Zealand. I wish to comment on the economy seating on B777-300 compared to the B777-200 AKL-LAX. The seats in the new B777-300 are ridiculously cramped both in width and pitch. I had the fortune to buy the emergency seats on both legs, but would have struggled if I had been in normal economy on the B777-300. In addition, the extra crammed in seat reduces the aisle width to uncomfortable levels for both sitter and walker. Perhaps you should be calling them Hobbit Seats for Hobbit sized people. Even your steward staff were complaining bitterly about the negative feedback they had received from cramped Kiwis. Did Air New Zealand get any focus groups to try these seat mockups for size or did Air New Zealand marketing people get done over by the people who sold the premium seats? Your superb airline staff cannot overcome the 12 hours of cramped misery that that I heard people complain about.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Douglas Neckers    (USA)

My wife and I traveled on 2 transpacific flights (ANZ 01, ANZ 06) recently and arrived at LAX 2 days before the Friday, Nov 1, bombing. These flights, and two others from and to Melbourne, were the most comfortable international flights we've ever taken and we started flying internationally in 1968. We'd recommend Air New Zealand. Auckland International Airport was also superb, though I speak less enthusiastically about Melbourne. My only negative is why does ANZ continue to use LAX? That airport was a total mess, and the pits before the recent shootings. Its (among other US airports - DTW for example) a national disgrace. Can't you fly into something close in LA and skip LAX?

Air New Zealand Customer review :  1 November 2013 by D Weiss    (USA)

Flew on business class YVR-Auckland-Brisbane-Auckland-YVR on 772ER. Great business class seats. They made up our flat bed like a 5-star hotel maid service! Another plus are each seats are added with memory foam on top of the bed. Food also excellent! One little set back was few attendants were rude, but the majority were friendly and courteous. Also flew on Air New Zealand Link flying between Auckland-Blenhiem, aircraft's are old and cramped. Did not alter my flight experience, because these such a short flights with stopover in Wellington.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  31 October 2013 by M Simon    (Australia)

I flew from Perth to Auckland return, thinking Air NZ was as good as it use to be. I was so wrong! Cramped, packed flights, bad service, below average food. I also paid for and did not receive a meal on the return fight. Air NZ, you have allowed yourself to slip into Budget airline status. You have lost another long time customer.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  30 October 2013 by S Robertson    (New Zealand)

Flew SFO to AKL. An absolute nightmare. The plane was full and very cramped. Service was non existent. The staff sat in the galley for nearly the entire time and when I went to get a drink I had to lean over the steward who was reading a newspaper and he sighed loudly because I had disturbed him. No offer of help at all. I ended up pouring drinks for the passengers that where queuing. Toilets were a disgrace and stunk to high heaven. After a year of saving and sacrifice to take this trip it seemed like a huge waste of money. I will never fly long haul with Air NZ again.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Scott Buntain    (Australia)

BNE-AKL-SFO then LAX-AKL-BNE in Business. 3 legs on 777-300ER and 1 on 747-400. Excellent service on all legs, seats comfortable, entertainment and food/wine generally of high standard. Lounge in LAX perhaps too small for the number of visitors. Otherwise would recommend highly.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Ken Mackenzie    (UK)

Flew LHR to LAX in Premium Economy and return four days later on the 777-300 ER. Totally sold on the product, way better than BA or Virgin in my opinion. Enjoyed the sense of humor with the safety demo tape, good one Air NZ!

Air New Zealand Customer review :  28 October 2013 by N Ross    (New Zealand)

AKL-YVR (Vancouver) - YVR-AKL. We had a good flight both ways. Our flight was on time going to Vancouver and 45 minutes earlier coming back to Auckland. Some cabin crews were friendlier than the others. (They need of a bit of re-training). The food was good as well as the inflight entertainment and seating. Overall, we are always satisfied with Air New Zealand!

Air New Zealand Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Helen Hickford    (New Zealand)

We travelled NZ1, LHR to AKL on 13 October and had a wonderful flight with great service from a dedicated cabin crew on both legs. Our issue is that a traveller was allowed to fly with bare feet in sandals, which he took off on boarding. This is the second time we've encountered this on an Air New Zealand Business class flight, I was sitting in 4A and this person was in 5B with his dirty feet on the ottoman, in front of my view the whole way. Thankfully he got off in LA. As I said this is the second time this has happened to me and I think it's horrible.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Nick Barniville    (Germany)

NZ1 on 13/10/2013, NZ2 on 21/10/2013. Best airline experience from LHR-LAX. Amazing service, really comfortable proper bed, super food and a great crew. Faultless service. Can definitely recommend business class.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  23 October 2013 by C Steel    (New Zealand)

Air NZ has gone downhill lately and is more like a budget airline. Couldn't use the electronic check in kiosk and there was no-one to help. When we finally found someone she was very rude about our baggage, told us we couldn't take one bag then just walked off and left us, even though we were within the weight limit. Very rude. We would have been allowed a stroller for our baby but not a bag. Infants are allowed a carry on bag (not checked in), but as parents travelling with young children the last thing you need is another bag you have to lug through the airport. The assistant at the bag drop wouldn't help me get our bags on the conveyor even though I was carrying a baby at the time. Another passenger kindly helped instead. There were spare seats on the plane but they don't put them next to the people with kids who could really use them. Meals were tasty but small.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Anthony Gallacher    (Australia)

I booked on a flight from Los Angeles to Auckland on a 777-300 premium economy specifically to travel in their 2-2-2 Space Seating on a colleagues recommendation. Air New Zealand changed the aircraft to a 777-200 without any recourse. This aircraft is equipped with the old 3-4-3 economy seat type configuration and just not worth the additional cost especially as I was allocated a middle seat. You may as well travel in economy. Be aware, you may book on a 777-300 to secure a space seat in premium economy just to be bumped to a 700-200 economy seat. I will be staying with Emirates or Qantas.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Robert Sintes    (New Zealand)

Latest aircraft on a flight from CHCH to AKL, NZ 510. Seats do not have any ability to recline backwards (even slightly) leaving tall passengers with a very uncomfortable ride on a brand new aircraft. I cannot imagine who at Air New Zealand made the decision to eliminate adjustable seats on this large aircraft.

Air New Zealand Customer review :  16 October 2013 by James Hammond    (New Zealand)

Flew from Rarotonga to Auckland to Blenheim, pleased on the way to Rarotonga on the B777-200 but the return flight was at midnight so I had to pay another night stay, then found that I was flying on an A320 for 4 hours. Auckland to Blenheim on the Q300, better than the Beach 1900D. The cost was crazy to Blenheim, but Rarotonga was better. I got free drinks because I had Works Deluxe. Highly suggest the works!