AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Christian Saputra    (Malaysia)

Night flight from DMK-KUL last week and the flight was delayed 45 minutes. This week, my friends took flight to SIN and CGK (both were from KUL) and both flights were delayed for 45 and 40 minutes. They had to pay midnight charges on their return trip from the airports, not to mention the normal hassle when you got delayed.

AIRASIA Customer review :  25 November 2012 by James Halley    (Thailand)

Having found a promotion fare from CNX-MFM, I thought I would try the latest destination out of Chiang Mai. I was interested to see why they gave up Singapore in favour of Macau. It quickly became apparent as most of the pax were in a tour group from mainland china. Standard Air Asia service although this time I booked a hotseat and had a nice chicken lasagne. Flight was 30 mins early. No jetway at MFM but the walk in fact makes getting to immigration easier. Next to the airport is a new jetfoil service to Hong Kong.

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 November 2012 by Aldo Samulo    (Indonesia)

Flights from Pekanbaru to Bandung and otherwise reasonably satisfactory to me. However, flight attendants are not very friendly towards passengers. Other than that I think no problems, the flight on time.

AIRASIA Customer review :  22 November 2012 by K Hodgson    (UK)

Having checked online for Yangon to Bangkok it just remained to have documents checked at the appropriate desk. 50 minutes later still waiting. They allowed passengers with checked luggage to use the same line and then a tour group had problems with documentation. Instead of asking them to stand aside to fill in the documents they let them block the line. The supervisor said "you could have joined another line" - yes, at the back again!

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 November 2012 by Lyn Wilson    (Australia)

I could not check in online therefore did not know that luggage, food and entertainment had to be pre- booked. At the airport we had to pay $240 for luggage because I had not checked in online. This holiday was purchased as a package and the flights were to be with Jetstar. The trip took too long overall with waiting time in airports but the worst part was that on the return, the flight was supposed to leave Phuket at 7.30pm and was delayed until 9.30pm. Staff kept assuring us the flight to Australia would wait for us. This did not happen and the plane left before we arrived, were put up in sub standard hotel for the night. Quite a long day for a 1.5 hour flight from Phuket. Not acceptable. I also told staff we had a domestic flight booked to Brisbane on the Sunday and they told me it was nothing to do with them.

AIRASIA Customer review :  13 November 2012 by E Coleman    (Australia)

Perth to KL and 8 days later back to Perth. We were fortunate to obtain hot seats which proved to be excellent, plenty of room. Coming home we changed our flight to travel with friends that left a day earlier. Changes were made efficiently but we were unable to get hot seats. Pleasantly surprised at the amount of leg room, was able to fully stretch my legs under the seat in front with no effort. Didn't order food. We found staff to be pleasant, efficient and I would not hesitate to book Air Asia again. The only thing I would make sure next time that I had a laptop to watch movies. Excellent flight and landed 20 minutes early.

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 November 2012 by Jack Plested    (Australia)

Sydney to Kuala Lumpur then onto Phuket. Trip over went ok, return trip was a disaster. I received a notification from the airline that there would be a delay at Kuala Lumpur, I tried to get a later flight from Phuket to no avail. On arrival at Kuala Lumpur the transfer desk had one employee there, so 1.5 hrs in a queue, then immigration, another 1 hr in a queue, then a 10 hr delay at the airport. No explanation, no apologies, just a voucher for a hamburger. Never Again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 November 2012 by V Jean-Noel    (France)

Seoul to Indonesia. My flight plan was supposed to be Seoul - Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta. The 2nd flight was delayed 2hrs and I missed my connecting flight in Jakarta because of that. Customer service agents didn't do anything except proposing I take the next flight (would get me stuck in Jakarta) or buy another flight ticket to my final destination. I choose the 2nd solution but didn't arrive at my final destination and lost over 200€ in the end.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 November 2012 by Brendan Hall    (South Korea)

Bangkok-Phuket one-way economy Oct 2012. Price was a little more than I expected (about US$120) but online booking, payment and seat selection was very easy. Flight departed on time and cabin crew seemed very determined to get everyone to destination as quickly and comfortably as possible. You pay for everything, including water, but food and drinks prices were very low. Seats reasonably comfortable. Overall satisfactory flight and I would fly them again.