AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Danzel Samuel    (Indonesia)

SRG-KUL. Check in at Semarang airport was very messy, and immigration was slow. Plane arrived early and at around 9am we took off. The meal that I ordered was delicious and the crew was very friendly towards the passengers. Don't expect too much from a low cost airline but at least the service offered by air Asia is good value for money, highly recommended.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 October 2013 by K Ireland    (Australia)

SYD - KUL - PEN - SIN. Was nervous about using a budget carrier but need not have been. SYD - KUL loads of spare seats around us at rear of plane. Samsung tablet provided decent entertainment. Food was as expected. KUL - PEN was delayed around 90 minutes with no announcement or board notice of when we would actually depart which was a little frustrating. Both KUL - PEN and PEN - SIN flights were cramped but for short flights at a bargain cost who cares. Will happily fly them again.

AIRASIA Customer review :  4 October 2013 by M Benjamin    (UK)

Udon Thani - Phuket - Udon Thani. Both flights on time. Check in at Phuket a bit crazy, because of Thai peoples lack of ability to understand which line to be in. Good friendly crew who explained the safety drill in perfect English. Captains announcements also perfectly spoken and clear. Soft drinks, snacks and hot dishes are served at a cost, which is not expensive. Overall a very enjoyable experience and would recommend to others.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 October 2013 by A Ang    (Malaysia)

Hot Seats

I flew from KL to Miri and it was very pleasant. I was late and was the last passenger to board but Air Asia were very nice about it. Flight was smooth and arrived on time. Can't think of a single thing to criticise them except food could be better.

AIRASIA Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Greg Murphy    (Australia)

I did six flights with AirAsia Indonesia and AirAsiaX from Sydney, KL, Makassar, Denpasar, Makassar, KL, Sydney. I found the airline to be exactly up to my expectations. It's a budget, no frills, low airfare airline. I'm not too tall, 1.8m, and not too fat, 73 kgs, so it was fine for me. The food was good and if I didn't want any extras I didn't have to pay for them. It was about half the fare on Jetstar/Qantas. Neither of which went to my main destination of Makassar.

AIRASIA Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Trudi Collins    (UK)

5/8/13, BKK-KUL FD2913, 11/8/13, TGG-KUL, AK6229. 12/8/13, KUL-Lombok, AK1408. 24/8/13, DPS-BKK, FD2977. I have recently flown several times on Air Asia. The planes have been immaculate, the staff very helpful and they have an amazing turn around time and have always been on time. I was thoroughly impressed by the service, and feel the budget airlines in Europe could learn a lot from them! We paid extra for a hot seat and were very comfortable with plenty of leg space. The price of this was cheap and I believe worth it. Baggage came through really quickly too. Only thing is no inflight entertainment at all but I was happy to use my iPad.

AIRASIA Customer review :  20 August 2013 by A Kupferman    (Thailand)

March 9, 2013. DMK-KUL, AK1941. March 12, 2013, KUL-DMK, FD2916. You cannot expect much from a low cost airline, but Air Asia certainly hits the bottom, when they not only charge a 12 USD supplement for their "Red Seats", where you have more knee space (although the difference is nominal), but they also charge a supplement for the other seats, as if you could fly standing. But what revolted me most is that you have to pay extra charges for the use of a wheelchair (3 USD per use, amounting to 12 USD for a round trip), to make money from handicapped people is a novelty.

AIRASIA Customer review :  15 August 2013 by T Aly    (Indonesia)

SUB-KUL-HKT-CNX-KUL-SUB. SUB-KUL flight was pushed an hour early to 5.40am due to airport being overcrowded on Eidl Fitr holiday which was somewhat understandable. Having printed our boarding passes we still had to line up at the check in counter to pay airport tax. Once we arrived in KL we were ushered through the flight transfer area where staff informed us of our next departure gate and we had a pleasant 3 hour transit at the LCCT. Flights to and within Thailand were pleasant and punctual. Evening flight from Phuket to Chiang Mai they ran out of food by the time the crew got to our seats so we had instant noodles instead. In Chiang Mai, we had to line up at the check in counter again to get a stamp in order to pass through the security check. We were rudely denied entry into the flight transfer area in KL on the way back to Surabaya because "the flights were booked under different booking codes". Note that there is no way to book AK and QZ flights under single purchase on the airline website and when we inquired the staff she mumbled something about "not paying a transfer fee" and us getting past the transfer hall last week was not meant to be part of procedure. We took our case to an immigration officer who accompanied us back to the transfer staff but turns out the immigration had to comply to airline policies. Begrudgingly we lined up at the long immigration lines to have our passports stamped, entered the departure hall, and lined up at the immigration again to find out that our flight was delayed 30 minutes. I am not going to fly Air Asia again unless I have no other choice.

AIRASIA Customer review :  22 July 2013 by O Ragu    (Japan)

Air Asia Japan: I got an excellent deal, around 10000 yen return to Sappor, half the price of ANA and JAL. One way ticket with absolutely no frills. Aircraft smelling new, cabin crew quite nice, seat pitch very tight but bearable for a short flight, something to expect for a LCC. I was extremely surprised by their "boarding" gate and waiting area: it was some space taken from a warehouse, and a tent from where passengers are bussed to the airplane. Although I know it's a LCC, it it's not what I expected for a major international airport! Arrival and Departure at Sapporo was at a "deluxe" gate with a boarding bridge and normal waiting room next to ANA gates.Otherwise it was OK and good price/quality. But do not expect anything luxurious from them!

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Aldo Samulo    (Indonesia)

Pekanbaru to Bandung and vice versa. During the flight there was nothing too special. Special services for passengers with red carpet service in Pekanbaru - nothing. Should correspond to their advertising - red carpet passenger will be allowed to board the plane first but red carpet passengers in Pekanbaru were mixed with ordinary passengers during boarding. In fact, there were regular passengers before me on my first flight.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 July 2013 by S Davis    (Australia)

PER-KUL-DMK. Booked ticket 3 months earlier, received reminder/confirmation email 4 days before departure, 2 days before departure another email showing different times by 5 hours - no explanation, just confirmation of flights but with different departure/arrival times. Arrival at DMK (Bangkok) would have had us there 1 hour after our connecting flight had left. No option but to go 1 day earlier and stay in hotel. Chaotic check-in at DMK, under staffed, 1 hour just waiting to check-in, not good enough, especially when it's a premium ticket, they claim dedicated check-in for premium but no such counter exists. At the end of it all total cost was more than $100 more each than original quote on find flights result page.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Huong Nguyen    (Vietnam)

SGN-KUL-LGK-KUL-SGN. Online check in is convenient but document check in LCCT KUL (KUL-SGN) is very inconvenient for pax because of lack of information on screen (line for KUL-SGN flight), change counter and waiting at gate (Y1, Y2) so long. The arrangement in terminal is not good, pax standing in font of Y1, Y2 gate will be bother by others going to oversize luggage inside. In flight LGK-KUL, there was a medium turbulence on take-off phase, airplane was down but no announcement was delivered.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Ravinjay Kuckreja    (Indonesia)

Air Asia Indonesia, CGK-DPS. Convenient and fast. Booking process is smooth and check-in just needs a QR code and the scanner at the airport. Staff are friendly, young and vibrant. I only recommend short (5 hour max) trips with them. It's a point to point carrier and not one you should use for long distance.