AirAsia Passenger Reviews and AirAsia Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 August 2012 by N Werner    (Switzerland)

PEN-SIN. Check-in was quick as I did not have luggage and boarding was on time. Departed 10 minutes earlier and arrived 15 minutes before schedule. Flight was good and flight attendants were polite but seemed tired as this was the last flight of the day. The only thing I find annoying is that you cannot change your ticket if your flight leaves within 48 hours. Otherwise Air Asia provide a good service which is better than some other airlines.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 August 2012 by T Nelson    (Indoensia)

I have flown Air Asia 8 times between CGK-SIN-CGK I have been on-time once. Regardless of price this is unacceptable. Each delay has been from 30 minutes to 3 hours and this is with good weather. I always pick a hot seat exit row. The pitch is fine but it's still tight. Crew's for the most part are friendly. They seem to be getting the Lion air attitude. "Yea were late so what". Anyway I'm heading back to Singapore Airlines. Yes it's more money but the delays are out of control at Air Asia.

AIRASIA Customer review :  23 July 2012 by Michael Ratcliffe    (Thailand)

Flew from Bangkok (BKK) to Jakarta (CGK) on 27th June this year, 2012. Paid for the trip by credit card, now you have pay for the processing of the transaction. Every small thing is an extra now! The check in was fine, but that was where it went downhill. Got to the gate 30 mins before boarding time and waited and waited, the incoming aircraft had not even arrived yet. After another hour still no aircraft. What was totally unacceptable was the fact there was no announcement and no-one seemed to know what was happening, I even suggested they call flight operations, but they didn't. The flight eventually took off almost 2 hours late. Even though I had paid for a 'hot seat' the pitch is far from adequate and it wouldn't recline. Air Asia when they first started out were a good low cost airline and value for money, but they have declined dramatically, the prices have gone up and everything connected with the airline has gone down. I won't fly with them again!

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Hiing Cheng Soon    (Malaysia)

Flight from KUL-HAN was on time. The check in was smooth through until boarding. Aircraft's parked far away from our boarding gate. We walked more than 300 metres. Seat comfort and leg room are extremely poor. Staff were nice. However on our return trip from Hanoi, a male crew was standing like a poster man. Neither instructed to ease the boarding flow nor helping a nanny who was holding her grandson to stow her hand luggage. Low cost airline shouldn't mean low cost in assisting passengers who need help.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Giovanni Cattaneo    (Italy)

Singapore to Kuala Lumpur: flight on time, fast boarding and very attentive staff. Great value for money. Just a little negative note about the low cost terminal in Kuala Lumpur: you have to walk a lot to reach the terminal, the hot weather makes it more difficult together with the engine noises and the smell of fuel. Anyway I would fly again with Air Asia.

AIRASIA Customer review :  10 July 2012 by C Chai    (Malaysia)

The joy that was AirAsia 10 years ago when I started flying with them is no more! On my last flight, the problems were so bad I'm convinced this is no longer the way for me to fly, even if its on a budget airline. I've already checked in, and only needed to arrive early at the airport, and then drop my luggage. Unfortunately for me, the AirAsia check in system was down. This resulted in very long queues, and after 40 long, and uncomfortable minutes, they resorted to manually check-in passengers and their luggage. While all that is happening, they constantly announced about the failure and asked for patience, but they continued calling passengers to board flights as if everything else is working. By the time I heard the boarding announcement for my flight, we were still hopelessly stuck in the queue. When I approached a ground staff, I was horrified to find out that the flight was to take off as scheduled! After at least 1 hour+ of delays thanks to their own check in system's outage, I had to remind AirAsia's ground staff that we weren't late because of our own doing. Finally, after some frantic phone calls, and after realizing at least 50% of the flight passengers are still stuck in queues waiting to check in or to drop their luggage, they agreed to delay the flight by 1 hour. Also, if you have to board or disembark in KL's LCCT terminal when it's raining, I think you will feel very differently about AirAsia - the experience is nothing short of horrible for passengers.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 July 2012 by Somasundaram Kandasamy    (USA)

Flew from Singapore to KL. Great flight, aircraft was clean and very comfortable. Plane left on time and arrived early at destination. Flight crew was very pleasant and helpful. I was very happy with the flight and had a great experience.

AIRASIA Customer review :  5 July 2012 by Eko Prakoso    (Indonesia)

Flight from SUB-BKK-HKT-BKK and KUL-SUB. The service was very bad and the crew very rude. I flew to Bangkok and then Phuket and always got a seat that couldn't recline because the button was broken, seat pitch was also very bad. The Low cost carrier Terminal in Kuala Lumpur was very bad, ground crew very rude to passengers. Don't use this airline, you'll be very disappointed with its service, crew, and much more.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 July 2012 by B Lamprell    (Vietnam)

We flew from SGN-BKK return in June 2012. I flew Air Asia ten years ago and found it was a fun, inexpensive airline. How things have changed! It seems Air Asia is now all about squeezing as much money as possible out of the unsuspecting passenger. I can understand budget airlines charging more for the extra space of exit row seats, but to charge you $11 extra because you have a medical condition that requires an aisle seat so you can walk during the flight or the same treatment to a passenger with motion-sickness being denied a window seat is a blatant rip-off. Your seat is selected randomly by a computer and if you don't like it then you pay $11 to change it. In Bangkok I tried to call Air Asia’s office 3 times but each call dropped out while I was waiting to speak to someone. The old 10kg baggage allowance has been reduced to 7 kg. (My carry-on wheeled backpack weighs 3kg) so that means I can pack not much more than my toiletries bag and a change of underwear before I exceed the weight limit. If you book on-line, checked baggage fees and insurance are added unless you “uncheck” them. Boarding in BKK was a case of “first rush, first aboard”. The flight itself was fine, but the entire Air Asia experience leaves a lot to be desired.

AIRASIA Customer review :  2 July 2012 by Eko Prakoso    (Indonesia)

SUB-BKK, then BKK-HKT-BKK, and last KUL-SUB. The crew was impolite and unfriendly. When onboard, from SUB to BKK and KUL to SUB, I always found that my seat couldn't recline because the button had broken, the seat pitch also unacceptable. When I was in the LCC terminal, the ground crew were impolite and not responsive. This airline may be value for money, but if you have heavy luggage, this airline is not for you. AirAsia really disappointed me.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 June 2012 by Ifan Santosa    (Indonesia)

CGK-SIN. 15 minutes delay but it doesn't really matter. Crews were friendly, bought nasi lemak onboard and it was delicious. Too bad the announcement was bad because it seems like the announcer didn't know what to speak. Overall a great experience.

AIRASIA Customer review :  12 June 2012 by S Hew    (Australia)

GOLD COAST-KUL-BKI-KUL-GOLD COAST. Flights took off on time. Our pre-booked meals were hot and delicious. Service was good but seats were very uncomfortable as it had no proper back support. Online booking for KUL-BKI sector had us all in different seats so we had to pay again to sit together. LCCT needs to be torn down and rebuilt. The signboards and facilities are in dire need of improvement. Toilets are wet and slippery. The taxi coupon tickets are a blessing and I have discovered during our shopping trips in KL that the taxi drivers driving the red and white cabs will refuse to use the meters to charge more.

AIRASIA Customer review :  11 June 2012 by J Wong    (Malaysia)

Flew from KUL-BKI on 27 May 2012. Service is awful. No direction whatsoever from the ground staff. Queue system was a disaster as there's no indication of which line to go to. The monitor didn't help at all and I have a couple going to KCH queuing in front of me, and a group going to Kuantan behind me. What a mess. The staff at the check-in was busy talking among themselves while my flight is 40 minutes from departure. Went into waiting hall and straight directed to plane. End up waiting 40 minutes on tarmac because 2 gates opened simultaneously, and the 2 planes are located on the same aisle. My flight end up with 2 passengers to Johor and it took them 40 minutes to find that out.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 June 2012 by Mel Kelly    (Australia)

Just flew 9 flights in total with Air Asia X and Air Asia: Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur to Vietnam - Vietnam to Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong - Hong Kong to Penang - Penang to Langkawi - Langkawi to Penang - Penang to Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast. Every flight was great, staff were friendly and basically you pay for what you get. If you fly a budget airline and pay minimal cost for your tickets, expect this and no more. For me, this is my preference. My only criticism is around the minimal options for food and after pre-booking inflight entertainment and paying for it - it not being available. I believe improvements can be made in this area. Otherwise, the seats, facilities, service is great - expect to get what you pay for and you'll be more than happy.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 June 2012 by B Walberer    (USA)

BKK-CNX-BKK and BKK-DPS-BKK, booked a year in advance for a bargain price during their annual promotion. 2 out of 4 flights were delayed by about 1 hour. Service onboard was good, with friendly crew who were available throughout the flights. Seats were tight but bearable even for the 4.5 hour flight BKK-DPS. Baggage delivery was fast, with less than 20 min waiting time on each sector. FD is nothing fancy, you won't get pampered, but if you can get a cheap fare and don't mind an occasional delay, then Air Asia is the way to go.

AIRASIA Customer review :  6 June 2012 by Barry Marx    (Australia)

We travelled from Sydney to KL, to Bandung and a few days later from Bandung to Denpasar. We were very satisfied with all aspects of the trip. We had paid for a meal on the Sydney to KL leg of our journey and the food was of good quality and enjoyable.

AIRASIA Customer review :  31 May 2012 by M Caruana    (Australia)

Paid for allocated seats to Phuket at the cost of $150 received confirmation of these seats, on boarding they just shrugged their shoulders and said the seats are already occupied. Not good enough, spoke to customer service on our return and can not refund, this is most unacceptable, they have taken $150 from us and we did not receive what we paid for, other then this service was good.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 May 2012 by Francis Lee    (Malaysia)

KUL-HKT-KUL. Outbound flight was delayed by more than an hour due to late arrival of the plane as well as technical issues. Return flight was more pleasant and arrived about 15 mins early. It would seem that AirAsia is now deliberately splitting up passengers and seating them separately in order to encourage them to pay extra for advance seat selection. I witnessed a passenger frantically trying to re-arrange seating onboard so that his companion could be seated with him. My own companion was also seated across the aisle but we were not too bothered by that. We got excellent value for money because we booked these tickets about a year ahead at one of the sale promotions (Fare was US$ 45 return).

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 May 2012 by R Michael    (Australia)

SYD-KUL then KUL-SYD. Paid for full premium seats plus meals. Before leaving Sydney, I called Air Asia to purchase my inflight entertainment and was advised that due to my seat being a premium seat, it came as a package. As expected, was not the case when I got on the plane! Disappointing 8 hrs! For the flight back, I was advised that there were no entertainment units left to pre-purchase and every plane was only allocated 10! I can see value in economy but not in premium/business class.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 May 2012 by D Brunetta    (Australia)

We flew from Sydney to Bangkok and then from Phuket to Sydney. Staff were so rude and were unable to answer any questions. There was no inflight entertainment. If you wanted entertainment you had to pay extra for e-books. However there were none available on our flight. Even people who had pre-booked them couldn't get them because they were out. There were 3 of us travelling and we did not get seated together even though we checked in together. A family on our flight were also separated. Our flights were delayed also. I will never fly them again. Pay the extra money and go with another company.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 May 2012 by James Halley    (UK)

Another round trip from CNX to KUL. Once you know how to 'play' low cost airlines, they do offer good value for money (but not always). The LCCT is getting a bit long in the tooth for the number of pax passing through but BKK immigration staff would do well to see how to handle pax properly and efficiently. I prepaid for a meal and found it to be very tasty indeed. Although they claim to have a no outside food policy onboard, they don't implement this. Biggest problem with low cost carriers is the pax they carry. FA's need to be more strict, (politely of course), with pax who get ready to get off long before the aircraft reaches the gate.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 May 2012 by Jenna Populin    (Australia)

Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur, then Kuala Lumpur to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) then back from Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur and home again to Melbourne. I have flown Air Asia X and standard Air Asia many times now and am always more than happy with their service. Not only were all flights on time (I have never had a delayed Air Asia flight) however all flights also arrived at their destinations early! Food and Beverages onboard are fantastic (We pre-booked meals which aren't expensive) and all onboard staff were friendly and more than helpful. I could not speak more highly of Air Asia and for a budget airline. Highly recommend for the budget costs, great service, on-time performance and onboard comfort.

AIRASIA Customer review :  10 May 2012 by C Cutts    (UK)

CNX-KUL. I've never used a low cost airline before, but the alternative on this route involved a transit in BKK so I took Air Asia for convenience more than anything else. While the bag drop was slow and the food not that good, the service was fine as was the aircraft, a fairly new looking A320-200. The seat was comfortable enough for a 2hr 20min flight! The flight arrived just about on time and I was through the low cost terminal in 20min; I picked a seat paid for a 25kg bag and had food. The cost still came in 65% less than the other options on this route so no complaints and I would use again for convenience.

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 May 2012 by K Goh    (Malaysia)

We travel KUL-MEL almost once a month for business. Not happy with the booking system as it tries to sell you everything from Hot Seats to Baggage to Insurance etc. and every time we book we have to be careful to delete all these items as it gives you Hot seats to charge you more. Other airlines leave it to you to add on items you wan to purchase and this is more practical. They should make their booking system more User Friendly! Punctuality is ok and they have improved a lot over the years. Most of the staff are friendly.

AIRASIA Customer review :  1 May 2012 by Oscar Collazos    (Australia)

My family and I flew BKK-KUL, KUL-SYD. Awful experience, staff were rude, no attention from flight attendants whatsoever. Seating space limited on both flights. Have been much more satisfied when flying on other low cost carriers.

AIRASIA Customer review :  28 April 2012 by T Nguyen    (USA)

Flew JOG-KUL-RGN. Do not spend money on hot seat or pick a seat. Since boarding announcements are in local language first, passengers rushed to the gates especially in small airports where there is not a dedicated line for hot seat passengers. When I asked staff at gate if everyone had hot seats, they said yes! Pay for hot seats if you want bulk head or emergency exit seats for leg room. At end of purchase, the website will give you seat assignments so don't bother paying for pick a seat either. Airplane and attendants are average for low cost carriers.

AIRASIA Customer review :  25 April 2012 by James Halley    (UK)

CNX-KUL return. As I seldom have checked baggage using the stand alone machines for check-in is a breeze especially as most people don't use them! Flight itself was fine although it was a confusing route march to get to the aircraft. Also having a flight to Chennai at roughly the same time seemed to confuse some passenger. Reasonable cabin crew. I ordered meals in advance and they were onboard although I was listed as a 'no-show' on the manifest. Return to CNX, the breakfast pancakes were cold and trying to get the packet of maple syrup open was like a challenge from a game show. Flights were punctual and the return 25 minutes early.

AIRASIA Customer review :  25 April 2012 by K Tok    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-SYD. A day flight so no reclined seats from the passenger in front. The space between seats was surprisingly decent. Food is average. The airport LCCT - what a sham. Cabin crew were ok. Cost me AUD$660 return. Fully recommended keeping an open mind about the size of the seats and the organisation of the poor airport facilities.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 April 2012 by N David    (USA)

This is a bad bus service. On my travel BKK-CCU, the check-in lines were ridiculous with attendants weighing every piece of baggage. Not sure if the web check-in works, as I still had to stand in a long line for over 75 minutes to hand in baggage. The flight itself was fine, seats seemed like they were for kids. Attendants seem inexperienced and lack manners.

AIRASIA Customer review :  16 April 2012 by Kai Olesch    (Germany)

BKK-HKT return and KUL-JOG, DPS-KUL and liked their modern fleet, punctuality and cabin comfort. What I dislike is their online-booking system that tries to sell various add-ons that may or may not be useful. This also results in the prices not being transparent and I ended up paying more than anticipated.

AIRASIA Customer review :  11 April 2012 by D Kim    (Australia)

Day trip SIN-KUL on relatively new aircraft. Given the short distance, AirAsia is definitely worth the value paid. Uses Terminal 1 at SIN but LCCT at KL is not the best.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 April 2012 by M Ennis    (Australia)

Our flight KUL-SGN was forced to return due to a tropical Storm in SGN. That was unavoidable so we accepted that we had no choice. However on return to the LCCT, the absence of senior staff and the overall treatment of all passengers was appalling. Passengers were left to fend for themselves and there was a disgraceful lack of communication My wife and I had to make our own way through Immigration to try to find a hotel room. Staff seemed confused and leaderless.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 April 2012 by S Bullas    (UK)

Good cheap airline. Seats quite close together but ok for short flight. Staff polite and helpful. It offers very cheap fights within Asia, and you can pre-book extra weight luggage at very a reasonable price. Have used this airline on numerous different flights, and they have always been reliable. This is the first time I have landed at LCCT in KUL - ladies loos very dirty. Chaotic but not too bad, luggage didn't take too long to arrive.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 April 2012 by Hvide Sande    (Germany)

BKK-KUL, KUL-HKT, BKK-HKT. Had booked for my girlfriend and myself to fly from BKK-HKT but had to change plans and flew BKK-KUL and KUL-HKT later on. Fast check-in at Suvarnabhumi at self-check-in terminals but extremely slow baggage drop-off! Flights were acceptable considering the reasonably low prices. No attention from flight attendants whatsoever. Seating space limited on both flights. Have been much more satisfied when flying on other low cost carriers.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 April 2012 by A Mill    (Australia)

KUL-Yogyakarta. Easy access to LCCT airport by Skybus and other cheaper options from KL Sentral station. No hassles checking in - perhaps it was a quiet morning. Onboard, clean newish Airbus with helpful, young cabin crew. Food and drinks sold were very good and well priced, especially the Nasi Chicken Biryani.

AIRASIA Customer review :  30 March 2012 by J Dimond    (Australia)

TSN-KUL. Left and arrived over 30 minutes early. Inflight meal was lovely. KUL-OOL - left early but held up on tarmac. No inflight service used. Seating configuration 3-3-3. Believe seats were narrower, aisles definitely narrower and unsure if leg room was less. Check-in was prompt and courteous with no wait for luggage. Found cabins a little cool so need a coat or blanket on long haul. LCCC has everything required but don't expect a top international terminal and credit cards were not taken.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 March 2012 by O Lynch    (UK)

KUL-MEL-KUL and KUL-LGW. The cabin is clean and modern, the staff friendly, attentive and do an excellent job. Food was ok - reasonably priced and sufficient. The toilets were reasonably clean even on long flight to London from KUL. All flights on time. Generally very happy with the service, shame they've stopped flying to the UK! If flying long haul make sure you take some entertainment.

AIRASIA Customer review :  28 March 2012 by R Novak    (Australia)

LGK-SIN. No frills, as expected, aircraft was clean, service efficient, flight delayed 30 minutes, but made up some time in its turnaround at LGK. A320 seats were rather cramped with minimal legroom for an average sized "westerner". Some English cabin announcements were very difficult to understand.

AIRASIA Customer review :  28 March 2012 by Edsel Johnson    (Thailand)

Have been flying Air Asia for 5 years, and now only when I have to. A discount airline but prices keep going up. Seats are narrow and all the advertising inside the cabin reminds me of a bus, not an airline.

AIRASIA Customer review :  27 March 2012 by James Halley    (UK)

KUL-CNX. After an excellent flight on Air Asia X from LGW, I carried on to Chaing Mai with Air Asia. Standard AA experience, especially when compared to the likes of Ryanair in Europe. I had an email several weeks before departure saying that my meal choice was being discontinued and quoted the substitute meal which was quite tast). My only criticism is the website and how one has to be careful not to book something you don't want as I have just done. On the next outbound leg I changed the baggage allowance to no bags but missed it on the return so I have an allowance but no bags!

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 March 2012 by Derek Garner    (Australia)

I flew from Phuket to Perth and need not have worried. Flights were on time, the aircraft excellent, great cabin staff and the food I ordered was quite acceptable for the price. The seating was fine and no different to a full fare airline. Would rate it as one of the most comfortable flights I have taken.

AIRASIA Customer review :  21 March 2012 by L Lehnert    (Mexico)

Singapore to Bangkok. The rows of seats were very close together and seemed narrower than other airlines. Nothing was free or included in the fare, not even water. They not only weighed my checked bag, but weighed my carry-on. The flight itself was very smooth. I would definitely fly Air Asia again, although, admittedly, it wouldn't be my first choice.

AIRASIA Customer review :  19 March 2012 by Michael Sommerville    (Denmark)

SIN-BKI-SIN, Great value for money flying Air Asia from Singapore to Kota Kinabalu and return. On time both ways. Clean cabins, good leather seats, efficient, young fresh attitude staff, friendly and helpful. Felt good on the planes. Like colors interior/exterior of planes.

AIRASIA Customer review :  13 March 2012 by Peter Skis    (USA)

My wife and I flew from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. We were pleasantly surprised how good this low cost airline is. Aircraft is pretty new, neat and clean; crew friendly, helpful and efficient. Check-in agents at both Singapore and KL were nice and efficient. Nothing was free onboard, we bought bottle water and a sandwich. Prices were reasonable. The Low Cost Carrier Terminal took a bit to get used, but we had no problem getting help with immigration, customs, and transportation to city proper. An airline of value!

AIRASIA Customer review :  8 March 2012 by Ian Roberts    (UK)

CNX-KUL and PEN-BKK. For the price and bearing in mind this is a low cost carrier then very good. Pre-ordered food on CNX-KUL arrived without hitch - as did flights and luggage. Delay ex PEN due to storm but part made up despite flight being only 1hr 15mins. Seats are a little cramped but to be expected and overall a very good product. Crews all good and despite full loads relaxed and charming.

AIRASIA Customer review :  22 February 2012 by R Perera    (Australia)

MEL-KUL, KUL-CMB return. One flight cancelled before the travel date, however I was given the option to change all flights without additional cost. Surprised by good service, although food quality could improve. Value for money. Only real negative is the high price for picking seats ($25n MEL-KL ).

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 February 2012 by H Lee    (Germany)

SIN-KUL. After flying around Europe with Ryanair and easyjet, the service of AirAsia feels better, FA's were more caring. 6 seats across in B737, the leg room is tight, even for an Asian who is 1.78m tall. For just under an hour flight, this was tolerable.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 February 2012 by B Vincent    (Australia)

DPS-PER (Indonesia Air Asia) - hard to find fault, the plane was clean, flight was on time, prepaid meal was small but delicious. I paid $117 just 3 weeks before, including baggage, meal and extra leg room - less than I paid for an internal flight in Indonesia. The only thing I would suggest is they could accept credit card payment in-flight, at least for duty free purchases.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 February 2012 by D Lomas    (UK)

BKK-Penang return. Asked and paid for assistance as have problems walking and needed a wheelchair. Had a chair on the outward trip as far as the bus then left to struggle on and off the bus on my own and to climb up to the aircraft. At Penang Airport had chair but had to walk up 2 flights of steps. The return was not too bad till got to Bangkok - no chair waiting, the air hostess tried to ring for a chair but nobody answered the phone. Had to walk whole way through the airport with great difficulty and then collect my luggage. By the time I got to arrivals to meet my daughter I could hardly walk and was in a great deal of pain. Will never travel Air Asia again alone.

AIRASIA Customer review :  7 February 2012 by Vicki Rule    (Australia)

Perth to KUL. My elderly mother paid extra to travel premium economy - what a waste! On both flights, ground staff did not give priority boarding to premium economy passengers - everyone just barged on to the aircraft without a care for anyone else. Space between aisles was much tighter than other airlines and the seats certainly seem to be less roomier. Like a previous reviewer, if you are going to have rules about luggage you must be prepared to enforce them! We had originally booked flights leaving Perth mid-afternoon and today I was informed by email that the flight had now been cancelled and we have been moved to an 8 pm flight. No sign of any compensation, nothing but a note in the email to say that we hope it won't inconvenience you in any way!

AIRASIA Customer review :  1 February 2012 by D Whalley    (UK)

Three flights Kolkata (CAL) to BBK and BBK-CNX return. All flights comfortable and, with one exception, on time. Air Asia's offer is basic but good. The seats are reasonably comfortable and better than many budget airlines. Having flown Air Asia for many years I notice the staff are not as enthusiastic as in the early days, nor do they have time to interact with passengers. I wish the company would enforce their 'one carry-on bag' policy. Some passengers on one flight had up to four large bags. What's the point in having the policy if it's not enforced.

AIRASIA Customer review :  27 January 2012 by Sean Heng    (Malaysia)

KL to Chiang Mai and back. The trip was reasonably good, the seats were comfortable for the short flight the meals where also quite good, I had a nasi lemak and then spaghetti for the return flight. Overall it was good value for money and I would definitely recommend it.

AIRASIA Customer review :  26 January 2012 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

SIN-CNX-SIN. Good value for money. New A320-200 both ways. All flights on time. Aircraft clean, spacious. Load only 50%. No IFE. FA inexperienced, fairly professional, but without personality. Food purchased in advance was very disappointing (both ways) and just in foil with a spoon, absolutely nothing else, not even salt. Food expensive for nothing. Biggest minus is the hassle with transfers where one has to vacate and re- enter the airport to sort baggage, custom and immigrations for onwards travels. The airline tolerates mostly 2 pieces of hand-luggage. Inscribed luggage charged overweight if more than 1-2 kg. When purchase ticket one has to be careful not to be trapped purchasing expensive seating and superfluous insurance.

AIRASIA Customer review :  18 January 2012 by N Craigie    (Australia)

Flights from Perth-KL, then KL to Bangkok return. 4 flights, 1 was fantastic. The rest were very disappointing. Even a 3 star airline should be able to provide clean seating and toilets. We were subject to 'attitude' from staff when we complained about the chewing gum over our table, dried vomit over the back of the seats in front of us and the accompanying smell. We were eventually moved. A toilet door broke, because it wouldn't shut people sitting adjacent had to put up with the chemical smell. Our pre-ordered meals weren't served to us.

AIRASIA Customer review :  17 January 2012 by F Hart    (New Zealand)

We flew Christchurch to KL return, and KL to Kota Bharu return. We found them very good. All flights were on time. The service was good. The food and beverages were reasonably priced and tasty. I would recommend due to the good value.

AIRASIA Customer review :  13 January 2012 by A Hait    (Malaysia)

Fully satisfied in the past, however, my last two trips were awful. Since Air Asia introduced web check-in the problem has started. My flight was to Chennai, I did web check-in and arrived 2.5 hours early for baggage drop off. However, the baggage drop off area was total chaos! People were cutting in between the lines without any respect for the queue. I waited in line for almost 2 hours without moving. 40 mins before departure two new counters opened for Chennai only and I managed to get my luggage dropped off 20 mins before departure. Ran for immigration but my expatriate gold card helped me pass through quickly and I boarded the flight 5 mins before departure. This has now happened to me a few times, in the past when there was separate check-in counters there were no issue.

AIRASIA Customer review :  11 January 2012 by Warren Funnell    (Thailand)

The night before I flew from CNX I spent a good half an hour checking-in via the web for my flight. On arrival at CNX they had 3 flights departing at approximately the same time and only 3 check-in desks open. There was no Baggage Drop-Off counter for passengers who took the time to check-in online - even their self-check- in facility was out of order! I queued for 40 minutes. Not providing the facility at CNX whilst promoting its use is unreasonable and irrational. Besides this aspect of their service this flight and the previous five with Air Asia have been similarly delayed. Don't be taken in with the price, sometimes it is cheaper to fly TG. All the planes I have flown are exceptionally clean and look and feel new however I regret that Air Asia is loosing its credibility and its novelty is wearing mighty thin.

AIRASIA Customer review :  5 January 2012 by Pit Spielmann    (France)

KUL (LCCT)-LGK (Langkawi) return. AirAsia's Terminal is basic but efficient, as are the staff. Both flights were smooth in A320s that looked brand new. For both flights, we had seats in row 2 where space seemed bigger than other rows behind but ok for a 50 minute flight. Staff were friendly and the captain's announcements were clear and professional. I can only recommend them.

AIRASIA Customer review :  3 January 2012 by Lim Zhen Yang    (Singapore)

SIN-KUL-VTE return all flights on A320. The flights were okay, but not clean though. There was gum in my seat pocket. Crew members were pleasant on all flights except one on the VTE-KUL route.

AIRASIA Customer review :  30 December 2011 by M Lin    (Malaysia)

Onboard my seat was musty and dirty. I had already ordered food online and when I received the 'Chef and Crew's choice' dish, it was cold and soggy. Thank goodness the price is reasonable, or else, I would lodge a complaint.

AIRASIA Customer review :  30 December 2011 by Eugene Kalatsidis    (Spain)

KBV-BKK on A320. Flight on time, bags a bit delayed, its always the case in Bangkok. All in all quite a pleasant flight.

AIRASIA Customer review :  29 December 2011 by John Chai    (Singapore)

KUL-PEN, roundtrip on 25-26 December. A pleasant trip especially on the return leg. Aircraft was clean and stewardess friendly. The return trip was better as staff were more friendly and hospitable. Did not buy any drinks or food because it was a short flight. Overall a good trip and will fly them again if the price is good.

AIRASIA Customer review :  9 December 2011 by L Wong    (UK)

Flew one-way KUL-LGW and managed to get standby upgrade from economy to Premium via the Optiontown service. Though notification of successful upgrade only came through via email some 8 hours before the flight. Not best but for the low price it was worth it. 14 hrs flight to LGW was fine. Food-wise, there is just one main dish item for each meal service ie. no starters, bread or desserts. A free bottle of water was provided with each meal (part of the Premium deal). Other soft drinks were chargeable. Not a problem if one manages one's expectations and prepares ahead accordingly. The Premium seat does indeed fold out flat but not horizontally. It tilts at an angle with head higher than the feet. It was comfortable enough and roomy. Almost full size pillows and light quilts were provided which was excellent. It was well worth getting upgraded this way (on standby via Optiontown). The total cost of the one way ticket was less than some one-way economy tickets within Europe! The entertainment console which cost RM 35 was okay. It had 6 films or so on it and some other TV programs and music. Crew were efficient. Commended. Baggage arrived fine. Will fly Air Asia X again in future.

Earlier comments for AIRASIA have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).