St Louis Airport

"very upset and disappointed"

Trip Verified | TSA stopped me and my husband for the amount of 3 oz bottles in my husbands carry on bag. They told him he could not take the 3 oz. bottle of shampoo and conditioner (which was mine) through security, meaning it would have to be thrown away. Now, that's not what makes me most mad, I was most upset because the TSA agent snatched it out of my hand when I asked if I could put it in my bag, or whether he wanted me to throw it away. This was such a rude and ignorant gesture. The agent could've given us an alternative or been a little nicer when handling the issue. He was treating us terribly, when in fact, we are a military family traveling for leisure. I'm very upset and disappointed with St. Louis!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"lack of decent food options"

Not Verified | I like this airport. It's very clean and has friendly people. But it's really dragged down by the lack of decent food options in concourse C. With flights not serving meals, a traveler can come into the airport famished, with a short layover, and there's nothing. The only place to get a decent comfortable table is Chili's and the food there is simply awful. Plus the staff seem to find the back row of tables by the work station a great place to hang out and share raucous jokes. With five or six of them going at it on my last trip, you could hear them all down the concourse. Trying to pass a quiet hour with my laptop was wrecked by the noise, like being next to a tailgate party. And here's some feedback for the Chili's people. When I was there none of the shouting parties were watching the tables while we customers were craning our necks trying to get menus or drinks or whatever. I couldn't figure out why there were so many employees doing nothing except having fun in mid afternoon when there were very few customers, the cooks were making the food and the bartender was handling the bar. Just one waiter finally started handling tables and while he was very nice he forgot my silverware and water - separate trips for both - and seemed shaky on the whole process. The manager, whom I met briefly, seemed to have no clue that a restaurant, even Chili's, is supposed to serve customers, not double as a social club for staff. As a former restaurant owner, I ranked him as worthless. Anyway, we desperately need a pleasant place to sit with at least decent food that's not just tasteless Chili's fare, liquids, bready pre-made sandwiches or sugary pastries.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"behind the times"

Not Verified | TSA at St Louis airport is behind the times. I have flown through many airports and TSA precheck barely applies. This used to be a great airport, but now I will only fly out when absolutley necessary. Laptops in carry ons? Seems to be at the agents discretion, and he is stuck in September 12, 2001.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"really appreciated her help"

Trip Verified | Alyce was working in United baggage customer service when I landed in St. Louis with the rest of the Arkansas softball group. United left 11 of our bags at Washington Dulles airport and I needed to file a claim for the missing luggage. Alyce was very patient, kind and helpful in making the claims (we had two reservations) for our group. We were able to retrieve the missing luggage later that night and she helped myself and our charter bus driver load the bags on the luggage cart. Additionally, I lost my wallet between Washington Dulles and United Flight 4749 to STL. When I told her she was willing to help me retrieve it any way possible. She called the hanger to see if it was left on the plane and even found the number for the lost and found at Washington Dulles airport. Although I have not found my wallet, I really appreciated her help.
Date VisitApril 2018

"This is just ridiculous"

Not Verified | TSA agents need additional training. I told them that I had a knee replacement and have a titanium knee. Instead of having me go through the X-ray, the agent sent me through the walk in which resulted in me being patted down and almost missing my flight to Seattle. This is just ridiculous. They took their time with the pat down and acted like they didn’t care. Just rude and insensitive. Not sure that I will visiting this place again.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"It feels like a money grab"

Not Verified | Every other airport offers free WiFi, providing one hour before starting to charge is very poor service. This is not customer friendly and pales considerably when compared to other airports. It feels like a money grab when everything else is already overpriced.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"very bad PR work"

Unverified | I pulled up to pick up some passengers and did not know where to go. So I then asked security staff at the airport where I should go and the security guard started yelling at me to move the car. I asked him several times that I did not know where to go and he kept yelling at me to move my car. A Saint Louis police officer then approached and started yelling that I need to move or leave the airport. I asked the St Louis police if he could help me and show me where to park, he then yelled saying move your car or we will tow it. As I was leaving the area I noticed the security guard yelling at other people visiting the area. I will not return to this airport, very bad PR work for the Airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"time to update your fountains"

Unverified | I travelled from STL at 4.45 on Thursday, 7/20 to DTW, Gate A2. Please note that the temperature outside when we arrived at the airport was 100+. I brought a bottle to refill with water. Both drinking fountains near the gate were inoperable. I walked further down the terminal and came to 4 other drinking fountains. Nothing but a dribble came out. It was hard enough to get a sip of water but was impossible to fill up a bottle. This is ridiculous and leads me to believe you are forcing me to spend $3 on a bottle of water. It is time to update your fountains, first with ones that work and secondly with the bottle fillers that are offered in most 21st century airports. Secondly, the men's room near gate A2 had 4 soap dispensers none of which had any soap. These issues don't reflect the airport or the city of St Louis in a very good light.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"food options are still lacking"

St Louis has gotten better but food options are still lacking - especially for breakfast. Especially in terminal 2. Basically just dunkin doughnuts, pastries and burger king. There is a chili's if you like cafeteria quality. Starbucks line is usually over 40 people due to dearth of options. Parking is cheaper than average compared to many other airports but close to average. Security is average. Which is to say slow and inefficient. Bathrooms are a weak point at STL. Not enough facilities and typically have wait times at all men's bathrooms (if you travel during weekday mornings) Baggage claim is among slowest in the country. Facilities are fairly clean. Seating is almost adequate is call it average. Overall a little below average nationally in my opinion but better than any other airport in Missouri (admittedly a lie hurdle).
Date VisitMay 2017

"plenty of dining and shopping"

This review is for Terminal 2 at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. STL serves as a connecting center for Southwest Airlines, and serves a good number of local travelers as well. The security lines always seem long in the mornings but they do move fairly quickly, I was in line for about 15-20 minutes. No problems. The terminal post-security is decent sized although seating at some of the gates is on the light side so some people were standing. I managed to get a seat at one of the freestanding bar stool areas, but would have preferred a seat with a back. Plenty of dining and shopping options for those so inclined.
Date VisitMarch 2016