St Louis Airport

“Always a nightmare”

Trip Verified | Always a nightmare getting bags from baggage claim. I've never waited lass than 45 minutes for my bag, and usually it's at least an hour. Also, not enough seating. So many people have to stand or not on the ground while waiting for their plane. Absolute worst airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2024

"the true spirit of customer service"

Trip Verified | I recently had an unforgettable experience at the St. Louis airport that I felt compelled to share. It's not often that you encounter such exceptional customer service and genuine compassion in the service industry, but my encounter with two outstanding Huntleigh USA Corporation employees truly left me in awe. I found myself in a predicament when I was running late due to an unfortunate accident. Time was against me, and I was beginning to feel the stress and anxiety that comes with the fear of missing an important event. That's when Arlando Bolden and his colleague came to the rescue, turning my stressful situation into a heartwarming display of care and professionalism. Despite our best efforts, we arrived at our destination just a few minutes late. At this point, I had resigned myself to the possibility of missing my commitment, but Arlando and his coworker had other plans. They went above and beyond to ensure that I could still reach my destination. First and foremost, they helped me with the necessary arrangements, taking into consideration my convenience. This act of kindness was a relief in itself, but what truly touched me was their willingness to guide me personally. They recognized that my nerves were getting the better of me, and their calming presence made all the difference. Arlando Bolden deserves special recognition for his outstanding service and compassion. His dedication to his job and the well-being of customers is commendable. He was not just a helping hand but a beacon of support during a stressful moment. I am incredibly grateful to Arlando and his coworker for going the extra mile to ensure that I made it to my destination smoothly. Their actions exemplify the exceptional service that Huntleigh USA Corporation is known for, and I cannot thank them enough for their kindness. Huntleigh USA Corporation has earned my utmost respect and gratitude through this experience. They proved that they care deeply about their customers and are willing to do whatever it takes to make their journeys as pleasant as possible. I wholeheartedly recommend Huntleigh USA Corporation to anyone seeking reliable, compassionate, and customer-centric service. Thank you, Arlando Bolden, and your colleague, for restoring my faith in the kindness of strangers and for demonstrating the true spirit of customer service.
Date VisitSeptember 2023

"Security was a joke"

Not Verified | Probably the best example of "afraid to lay off useless people" I've seen in any airport. The check-in line for Southwest had to be a hundred people long with what appeared to be enough employees to shorten the line considerably. But no, they just stand around talking to each other with the occasional barking of doing everything yourself. Security was a joke, nobody around to tell you what to take out and leave in the bag - until after it's gone through the X-ray machine, then they tell you and call you back. Great examples of "not my job".
Date VisitSeptember 2023

"wish I could avoid this airport"

Not Verified | What a horrible airport. In all of my years traveling for business I have never seen such a disorganized mess of an airport. Security line literally out the door. No one seemed to know what was going on. TSA was terrible. I wish I could avoid this airport. If it wasn’t for work I would never fly here again. Stay away.
Date VisitJune 2023

"one of the smoothest travel experiences"

Not Verified | I travel frequently both internationally and domestically, and St Louis Airport provided one of the smoothest travel experiences I have had to date. Staff were efficient and seemed to actually care about their jobs, food and beverage options were plentiful, and the terminal was easy to navigate. The security process was also extremely efficient and well-staffed. The only negative thing I have to say about this airport is that the seating areas at the gates could have been cleaner, as chairs had dirt and particles of who knows what all over and in between them. However, not all of the seating was like this, and it didn't bother me as there were many cafes and bars to hang out in. Overall one of the better airports I have been through, and I have been through countless. Great job STL!
Date VisitMay 2023

"couldn’t be bothered to do his job"

Trip Verified | I have never been so angry. Because the security guard at the terminal two arrivals area couldn’t be bothered to do his job and manage traffic, people were parking and staying in spots long before their family arrived. This led to such a long line behind them that it took over an hour for my daughter to get through to pick me up. There was plenty of space at pick-up, but nobody could get through the single file line because of the idiots parking rather than driving around again. Had the guard just done his job it would have been fine.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"I’ve defiantly seen better"

Trip Verified | The C gates shops/restaurants offered very little to no vegan food options. I always eat a fruit or veggie tray when I fly but this was not available here. The bathrooms and gate area floors were dirty, anywhere that sold food had a very long line because multiple shops/stalls were closed. Headphones I was looking to purchase were marked for $149 here when on Amazon they are selling for $89. Not my worst airport experience but I’ve defiantly seen better.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"I have to say it was the only time it was this bad"

Trip Verified | I was stopped for "random" search. The palm swipes rejected and had to call woman for "body search" (outside of clothes search). It took 20 minutes to get a woman over there and no one was explaining anything. So you are sitting there barefooted, no sweater, purse, phone, etc. as every single person goes by you. Very degrading. It was a little odd also that 2 more women my age (behind me about 10 people in line) as well was also stopped. They must have passed the palm swipe. I have been in this airport for 20 years and I have to say it was the only time it was this bad. It was the employees I encountered.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Where is the consistency?"

Trip Verified | While going through TSA they took my scissors. Tiny scissors I had had for years, that I was specifically told to buy for TSA approval. I crochet on planes as a stress/anxiety relief/distraction. These scissors have literally made it through years of TSA agents. From LAX to O'Hare, from PDX to LGB, JFK to McCarran.. Every other airport and TSA has either said nothing at all, or said they were fine. But for some reason St. Louis said they were not allowed? Where is the consistency?
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"It seemed to be more about harassing the customers than safety anymore"

Trip Verified | I checked a bag for my flight home and the guy at the counter handed me my claim ticket, no smile, no gate info, no “thank you” or “have a good flight”. So I looked at my phone to see my boarding pass with the gate #, and he angrily said “go”! I thought maybe somebody had come and was waiting, but nobody was behind me. I just said “thank you for your help”. Then I get to security. The lady who checked my boarding pass and ID was nice compared to the baggage check staff member and the grumpy one pushing bags into the X ray machine. She had something nasty to say about everyone ahead of me as she tuned to put the trays back. A man 2 people in front of me got reprimanded for not pushing his stuff through. “That is your responsibility sir, not mine”, then she muttered “idiot” as she turned to put a tray back. The lady in front of me put her backpack in a tray and she pulled it out, yelled something at her, and said “what is wrong with you people, you got a bag you put it on with no tray! Sheeesh”. I put my bag on the rollers—and she grabbed a tray to put it in to send through. Then she told me to go to the line for the X-ray (of me), where I was asked to remove my shoes, my glasses, my Fitbit, my necklace (not an easy task with arthritis, but not only would nobody help, they were really impatient with the time it took me to get it off) and my scarf. I have never been asked to remove that much before as I have TSA precheck (they have you carry a card to let TSA know, but they took it away with my shoes so I didn’t have it for every time I had to take another piece of clothing off, but it’s but it didn’t matter to them.). They complained that I didn’t get out of the way fast enough when I had to go back. It seemed to be more about harassing the customers than safety anymore. Anyway, I have more to say, but I need to get home and at least my flight is on time. Just don’t go here if you don’t have to!
Date VisitSeptember 2021