New Orleans Airport

"it is filthy"

Not Verified | The new airport in New Orleans is a beautiful structure - the architect Cesar Pelli did a wonderful job. Everything else was designed by hacks and engineers no doubt selected for their political patronage - because they obviously have no design talent. The garages and drives and signage are not any better than third world airports. Think Orlando, Chicago and Miami airport landscaping and signage - all beautifully designed and maintained- not New Orleans - no design talent anywhere outside of the terminal - a waste of a billion dollars! The biggest problem with this 10 week old terminal is that it is filthy - I have been through the airport 4 times since it opened in November and I can attest that the floors have not ben cleaned once since opening. The same stains and dirt piles are on the floors. They have been swept clean by the lazy airport staff, but never washed clean. What a shame after the efforts put into the design and great layout. Atlanta and Detroit airports are all run by similar politically connected vendors- but they are spotlessly clean and beautiful. The New Orleans folks just don’t care about being clean - what a shame. Maybe the mayor is a slob and doesn’t know what clean is - because if she ever traveled anywhere else - she would understand that you need to clean floors every door when millions walk in them. Slobs - all slobs. Wake up New Orleans and clean this building!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"new airport is a real mess"

Trip Verified | This new airport is a real mess. Baggage takes 45 minutes to come out, then on wrong belt. No signs in airport to direct you to where food might be if you don't want an expensive sit down restaurant. People in and out of airport are rude. Taxi cab people were screaming at tourists yesterday, 1/14/20. Lines are long for taxi. Uber and Lyft had at least 100 people in it. Only one lane for taxi and arrivals to depart. When my ride picked us up it took 24 minutes to get out of airport area and headed to interstate. The one lone security officer directing the gridlock blew his whistle constantly at people trying to pick up their passengers. There were several people arguing in rideshare line because of long lines and no line organization. I flew on southwest 561 from LGA.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Doubt if I'll ever come to New Orleans again"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport design and customer service I have ever experienced. Take the rental car signs off the airport parking direction signs! I drove around the airport parking lot 3 times following the rental car signs before I finally saw an employee sitting off in the cut and asked how to get to the rental car lot. She got annoyed when I didn’t understand her lackluster directions (take a right at the light and then another right?) and said “I don’t know” and turned away from me. Finally found a >10in. sign with no lighting by it that said rental car return. Horrible. Doubt if I'll ever come to New Orleans again and if I have to, I’ll drive.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Its getting worse not better"

Trip Verified | Bags take forever to come out. When I got to baggage claim my bags didn't come out for 40 minutes. This is absolutely ridiculous! Its getting worse not better!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"This place needs to be reviewed"

Not Verified | Not only did they lose my bag when I flew out and not properly screen passengers, but now flights arriving back at MSY are getting their bags before my flight. I mean 15 minutes later than ours. This is not my first time having this problem, last time they had four flight arrivals on one baggage claim. This airport is hot garbage. This place needs to be reviewed by some federal aviation commission.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"new airport is a nightmare"

Not Verified | The new airport in New Orleans is a nightmare! The traffic in and out of the airport is horrible. During rush hour add an extra hour or two to your trip. There is only one way in and one way out and it’s bumper to bumper. Also, long lines to go through security. No seats at baggage claim. Loud live music playing in the background while passengers are calling family members to tell them they have arrived. The old airport was a dream, new airport is a nightmare!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst engineering design for a modern airport"

Not Verified | Who builds a new, modern airport and fails to include computer stations and general sitting areas to eat? New Orleans is who. Worst engineering design for a modern airport. Very poor food selection in concourses. Most food places are kiosks where you must take your food with you. But wait, they don't have any table seating for a person to eat their food.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Rudest people I have ever seen"

Not Verified | Worst airport security screening. People on duty behave like they are there to pass the time and do not care how they are impacting people queued up. When I arrived in the queue, there were about 7 people ahead of me. It took me 45-60 minutes to get through that. Rudest people I have ever seen. I talked to few people to understand if this is one odd day or it is like this everytime. I was told that it is worst at night because there is no supervisor at night time.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"a waste of $1.3 billion"

Not Verified | What a waste of $1.3 billion. This new airport is literally the worst I've been in a long time, and I travel all the time throughout the year! The signs are a complete joke, and they're incorrectly placed/marked from the time you begin pulling into the driveway! Literally terminal and parking signs, departure and arrival signs, and even the arrows on the signs for the exits are incorrectly marked and/or posted directionally! The old MSY was laid out much more efficiently and effectively than the new one! We were disappointed the time we arrived and then again 5 days later when we departed as well! We should've known with this state and city what to expect, and it was no surprise the lack of concern the staff showed either! Thank God for the kiosks at the ticket counters because hopefully these will replace some of the atrocious, rude, lazy staff that you currently have in place! That'll be a huge improvement for you guys, so I can't wait for this continued transition! We also waited 40 minutes from the time we deplaned for our luggage! I've had bags miss flights I was on make it on the plane behind us arrive more quickly than this! Terrible customer service! Your employees legitimately don't seem to care. Overall, I'd honestly give this airport experience a D-. We will be flying from BTR going forward! At least they're courteous and seem to care more than MSY! Plus, the signs are correct and the airport is obviously easier to navigate than whatever you guys call that setup/system at MSY!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Love the new airport layout"

Not Verified | Love the new airport layout and the natural light in the C gate area bathrooms. The space is significantly more inviting and relaxing. The speediness and helpfulness of the staff could be improved.
Date VisitNovember 2019