New Orleans Airport

New Orleans Airport customer review

Trip Verified | I was TSA pre check with wheelchair assistance. I have metal in my body which I told the TSA, once I was cleared they went through the full body detector, the airport's wheelchair went thru and beeped. Instead of checking the wheelchair, which they claimed they did but I didn't see it, I was patted down. Really! I asked if this is the way they treat pre check, she looked surprised and said, you're pre check? Then she said the wheelchair beeped which belongs to the Airport, I have to pat you down. Help me to understand this concept.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Unbelievably terrible experience"

Not Verified | Unbelievably terrible experience. Completely disorganized, TSA was unnecessarily rude and everything in total disarray. The building is grotesquely outdated and nothing runs properly. Missed my flight because of the total incompetence of the airport, and specific airline (American Airlines) utter failure to warn customers of the condition, i.e. slow security check, despite acknowledging they were familiar with the situation. Arrived over an hour and a half early for a flight I missed due to the total incompetence of the airport and airline staff. New Orleans needs to get it together.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Everything is dated"

Not Verified | The worse airport ever! The staff at the restaurants are rude and disrespectful, and they seem unorganized. Not only is there not a sufficient number of restrooms, but the restrooms that are available are nasty and dirty and smell like urine. Everything is dated and the airport smells lie mildew. This airport is in dire need of renovations.
Date VisitMay 2019

"TSA are absolutely rude!"

Not Verified | TSA are absolutely rude! Checking in at 9:30am I opted out of going through the body scanner and they left me standing without my luggage or my travel documents for 20 mins! When I asked one of the TSA agents how much longer the wait would be when I observed them putting someone ahead of me, she told me “not on your time”. With her multi coloured hair and unprofessional attitude. I don’t know how some of these unprofessional people were hired at an airport to be amongst mass population. I asked for the supervisor and can you believe as I’m leaving the same girl called me stupid! This kind doesn’t deserve to be employed and definitely not as a lead TSA agent.
Date VisitApril 2019

"in complete shock at our experience"

Not Verified | I never take the time to write a review but our experience in MSY was the worst I have ever encountered. We are seasonal travelers and fly in and out if many airports frequently each year. The TSA agent was a large lady that yelled at the people in the line then came up behind me and my husband and small children and screamed directly in my ear to move faster. My kids were terrified and were moving so fast as it was that they were frantically picking up their suitcase to put on the belt for screening. My youngest went through in tears she was so terrified. When I told the agent that we were moving quickly to be patient with us she threatened to hold me in a cell and not let me Board an airplane for talking back to her. I was in complete shock at our experience. I have never been treated so poorly in all our hundreds of travels across the world. We will never fly through this airport again. Our experience was the worst! And continued on to the other agents working there. Customer service must not be taught here.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"A chaotic experience"

Not Verified | A chaotic experience from check in to boarding. Check in desks poorly signed manned by rude and unhelpful staff. As a regular world traveller the check in process was the slowest I have ever experienced. Security was further struggle. No attention paid to orderly lines, and manned by by shouting bullying staff. The experience deteriorated further airside. Limited outlets for food and drink, with long lines to purchase. Tannoy announcements were barely audible. All in all, a very poor experience, and definitely an airport to avoid.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"old, run down and disorganized"

Not Verified | The airport is old, run down and disorganized. For lack of better terms, MSY airport is a disgrace. Parking is a nightmare, the airline staff we have personally dealt with have not been friendly or very helpful and TSA is incredibly rude at this particular airport. I would advise eating anywhere else as the food choices are both minimal and not well made. I am very much looking forward to the renovations being done for this airport as it desperately needs it!
Date VisitJune 2018

"leaves such a bad impression"

Trip Verified | This airport leaves such a bad impression of New Orleans. The staff at the restaurants are slow or rude. My friend waited forever at subway. I saw a bunch of people waiting in line at a cheesecake place, and the worker was sitting down at a table on her phone (it’s 7:00 am, and opening wasn’t long ago). The bathrooms in the D concourse smell like cigarette smoke. The carpets are filthy. For security, each concourse is separate. So you have to go through twice to go to B and wait, and then to D. It’s really inconvenient, even with pre-check. I’ve never felt disgusted at an airport in the United States ... until now. I hope they finish the new terminal soon, so people aren’t left (or greeted) with the absolute worst impression of this great city.
Date VisitApril 2018

"slowest airport for luggage"

Verified Review | New Orleans Airport is the slowest airport for luggage carousel. Takes forever. Please do something about this. I am from here and travel at least once/month. Slowest for luggage to come out. In the time I'm waiting for my luggage, I've written this review.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"travelers were a burden on their day"

This was the worst airport I've experienced. I have never seen security treat people so terribly. They sincerely acted as if the travelers were a burden on their day. One awful person was literally screaming at people because she didn't want to say "next". She wanted us to count out five at a time to pass through and if passengers took too long she started screaming at them and threatening no ride. I would seriously avoid this airport if you can.
Date VisitNovember 2016