New Orleans Airport

"one hour+ is an average wait time"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport experience I had since I have been traveling. All passengers have to go through big lines, it’s only one way to get to all gate access, one hour+ is an average wait time just to get by the security check and another 30 to 40 minutes for the security check. Most ridiculous set up I have ever seen. I hope I would never have to come back here again. I still at the line writing review … it’s been an hour, I hope I won’t miss my flight. One more thing to add, if you are retiring a rental car that you picked up from another location good luck with that, add some extra time, you will not know where to drop, you be be lost, your phone GPS can be your best option.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"Words just cannot describe how poor this airport design is"

Trip Verified | Wish I had taken pictures. Words just cannot describe how poor this airport design is. It is almost like a real life experiment on the way an airport could be designed to make customers walk the most, be disorganized, crowded in little walkways that go to plain ugly open spaces, have to be jammed up tightly to retrieve luggage, have a terrible time finding a restroom. Customers with bladder issues need diapers because there will not be a conveniently located restroom. Perhaps they should include a vending machine for them. It is really scary that it isn't an experiment but a new facility, opened November 2019 at a cost of 1.3 billion dollars. If I could rate a negative number I would.
Date VisitMay 2022

"This airport is a total chaotic mess"

(US Virgin Islands)

Not Verified | The wait for the rental car bus is unbearably long. No organization. This airport is a total chaotic mess. The rental car situation adds at least an hour on to your trip whether you are arriving or departing. They need to get their act together.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Totally ridiculous"

Trip Verified | My 15 yo daughter and I were made to feel as though we were being prepared for a maximum security federal prison sentence. This is not the first time NOLA TSA has made us feel this way but I can say with certainty it will be the last, we will never fly from this airport again. They were rude (as usual), cold, uncaring and borderline verbally abusive. You feel like you are in a foreign country with laws you may not understand that could cause you to be arrested. My daughter had fresh torn ligaments and had an orthopedic boot in place. She was barely able to walk on it but managed so we didn’t have the extra burden of crutches. When we approached the first TSA “Agent”, and I use that term loosely, he was so inhuman, unkind and snapped at me about where to place my phone to have my boarding pass scanned. The TSA agent repeating the same unclear instructions again does not explain to me how to do something. Then we had to prepare to be x-rayed, we placed our items in the bins (do that right or you will get yelled at- speaking from previous experience), my daughter was told to take off her shoe but she could leave the boot. She did as told. Entering x-ray, the other very young, poorly trained, rude TSA agent instructed her to remove the ortho boot. I explained she can not do that, she can not stand without the boot. She made her do it anyway, they sent it thought the conveyer x-ray. She stood there approx 3 min, alone, with no support (they would not allow me in to assist her and they would rather die than show some compassion and offer a chair or a helping hand) her right leg was trembling, her affected ankle was in pain from removing the orthopedic boot, I was left to feel helpless. Finally wen the boot scan was complete, I was able to assist with putting it back on. It was extremely painful. In my profession, we are required to go through sensitivity training to make sure our customers always feels safe and to understand how to treat people with respect and kindness. NOLA TSA needs sensitivity training and they to be held accountable for their terrible treatment to passengers! They act as though they are the highest authority in the land and they are untouchable. Totally ridiculous. We rarely travel and to have them start my vacation like that was just unnecessary. If the government officials cared anything about that city, they would prevent their citizens and visitors from being treating like this.
Date VisitApril 2022

"The Rudest Airport in the USA"

Trip Verified | The winner for The Rudest Airport in the USA goes to New Orleans! From the security check point to the drink preparer at Starbucks - they all share a bad attitude. Must be in the employee handbook - be rude to all, no need to show grace or patience, just be rude!
Date VisitAugust 2021

"no urgency at all or care for the customers and flight times"

Not Verified | This was by far the worst experience I have ever had in all my years of traveling. My boyfriend and I came to New Orleans for our anniversary. We enjoyed our trip until we arrived at the New Orleans airport to depart. We arrived 1 hour and 45 mins before our flight was scheduled to leave. We checked in out bags in 15 mins and headed to the TSA check in area. We waited 1 hour and 20 mins in line just to get through airport security. We finally made it to the lady to get our id and boarding pass checked 20 mins before the plane was scheduled to leave (5 mins before boarding was over). The worst part was we still had to place our items on the scanner and be scanned through as well. By the time we finished it was 12 mins before the plane was scheduled to leave (3 mins after boarding was over). We ran and made it at 5.50 am for our 6.00 am flight. The gate was closed. Although the plane was there they were not allowing anyone else to board the plane. We missed our flight. And could not get another flight for the rest of the day. This airport is low staff, low resources, no urgency at all or care for the customers and flight times. It’s unorganized and ruined the entire experience of New Orleans. We were not accommodated nor were arrangements made for us. This is very poor customer service and we will not be returning again.
Date VisitJune 2021

"Why is there no recycling available"

Not Verified | Why is there no recycling available in the New Orleans airport? In a city that consumes more than most, we must step it up and provide throughout the airport! We need to act like an environmental friendly, progressive city to move forward! We need a glass recycling company above all in Nola! Please act responsible and get it done!
Date VisitJune 2021

"I miss the old terminal so much"

Trip Verified | New terminal is the worst case of the "emperor has no clothes" ever. Uncomfortable. Poor design. Passengers huddle behind the few available walls to shield themselves from the blinding sunlight flowing in unfiltered through voluminous windows. There is no place to hide. Inadequate seating. I miss the old terminal so much. What a waste of money! And the news media seems to be complicit in this boondoggle. This is not a Mercedes with four flat tyres, this is a Pinto with no tires that has been stripped for parts no one wants.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"did you recycle the toilet seats"

Not Verified | I travel a lot and all over the world. I was happy that New Orleans upgraded to a newer facility. However, did you recycle the toilet seats from the old airport? The disgusting plastic that you have to click the green button? Well, the one in my stall was jammed! I have to say that I am embarrassed that an airport as new as this one is not as clean as most airports I fly in & out of. I'm proud of my city and wish that it would take care of itself.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"they failed to transfer our luggage"

Not Verified | New Orleans airport (MSY) seems completely average compared to other airports, except for one thing: they failed to transfer our luggage as we changed flights to Kansas City. This was a huge problem since I had checked on a laptop and a lot of our children's clothing from a lengthy stay in Florida. They had to send my luggage through a different flight and I wasted a lot of time returning to pick up the luggage at a later date.
Date VisitFebruary 2020