Minneapolis St Paul Airport

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

I have always liked connecting though MSP. I agree with people when they say that if you're coming in on an RJ or Prop that you had better wear hiking shoes but the abundance of moving walkways is definately a plus. Anyway the airport has always been clean and the staff has the friendly "Midwest Hospitality" feel about them. Being from Wisconsin myself it was mostly overlooked outbound and only noticed on my way back home after missing this while at my destination.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

Décor is a very staid; it didn't feel like the most modern of airports. Unlike Mr Kuhlmann I did not find much trouble navigating from Humphrey to the Hertz pick-up but I was disappointed at the distance I still had to walk especially as I had an extraordinary amount of luggage. However I was impressed with the friendliness of all staff especially at United.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

To answer the question about the trams with no people they were undergoing testing and before certification for use they had to run 30 days without needing matinence. I personally have ridden them since then and they are without any staff aboard. Also much less known to travelers here is the Humphrey terminal which has been built in the last five years. This terminal features six gates none of which are / can be owned by any single airline. Also the new light-rail system is a plus for travelers who have a layover because not only does it connect to the mall of america but the MOA terminal is within walking distance of a new indoor waterpark once construction has finished this waterpark will be the largest indoor waterpartk in the US.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

Overall I like MSP yes it is a pain to get to some concourses but it is an older airport. My question is why have the train (light rail) connecting Minneapolis Fort Snelling the airport and the Mall of America if I cannot park at any of those locations and ride the train to the airport without getting my car towed? Maybe a few people like to go to the Mall but I doubt many fly into MSP and ride the train elsewhere without additional transportation. Seems like a huge waste to me.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

MSP Airport is truly a modern airport and one of the best to visit. However this is not an airport that is favorable to those who seek low fares or affordable travel. Northwest strives and vigilently fights to keep the airfares at this airport excessively high. The competition is uneager to fight high fares (even the low fare airlines that serve this airport). Without new airlines (Southwest or the like) this airport is only going to be affordable to those business travelers. Also why does the connection train at the airport operates but has nobody riding it? This would make the airport less of a pain to walk through and provide relief to those that have to navigate the long journey to concourse B. The airport has severe problems that need to be corrected sometime in the near future however the amenities at this airport are some of the best.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

MSP is generally a great airport as either a destination or a connecting spot. It's too bad that it's a fortress hub for Northwest and flying there costs an arm and a leg. I like the availability of shops and the generally well-lighted interior. There are lots of pleasant distractions for long layovers. And the barber shop is great - if you know where to find it! My one complaint about MSP however is the sheer enormity of it made worse by the lack of speedier ways to get around. The airport needs a functioning tram system to zip around the concourses (apparently there is a tram that goes from the A-B gates to the D gates but it has never worked). Connecting from a NW commuter flight in the A concourse to a flight out of the F concourse is nearly impossible without at least 30 minutes of breathless scurrying along moving sidewalks and muscling through flight-bank throngs. This is the one thing that keeps MSP from being a truly world-class airport.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

St. Pauls airport gives me a feeling that I'm at a enormous airport. Allhough it's quite easy to navigate it's clean and friendly staff. For aviation fanatics there's a nice small "room" where you have a nice overview of the platform full with Northwest aircrafts. As a KLM platinum card holder we share the lounge with partner Northwest. The lounge was quite crowded compared the size of the lounge. I prefer more spacious lounges with less noise. The service and drinks are ok and there's also a small separated area for smokers which I did appreciate.

Minneapolis St Paul Airport customer review

I found MSP to be a bright clean airport with good shopping facilities airside. The check in area is also very good with great overhead signage. My only complaint with the airport is that if you are not flying Northwest then the information screens for other airlines are almost non existent making you feel slightly unwanted. The foot of snow which fell while I was in Minneapolis had no adverse effect on the operations.