Delhi Airport

"absolutely horrible"

Trip Verified | What an absolutely horrible and disgusting GMR operated IGIA airport. Nothing works. Add to that additional confusion created by airport officials: - our baggage came on belt 7 along with a flight from London. Start of confusion. - luggage on belt 7. No trollies anywhere to be seen. Asked an airport guy found out trollies are kept near belt 14 - anyone can figure this out? We were standing waiting for our bags for nearly an hour. No bags to be seen. Finally I decide to take a walk around the belt and lo and behold, bunch of bags were removed and kept on the floor while passengers, unaware, kept waiting for the bags around the belt. Our bags must have been pulled out and were lying there. When I asked the porter why they were pulling the bags from the belt, the answer was the supervisor instructed. What was needed to do this? Who knows? Even pulled out there is no process to inform passengers waiting around. So I decided to go and lodge a formal complaint against this stupidity of highest order. So I went to the luggage office of airport situated near belt 8 and 9 and requested a complaint form or complaint book. The lady at the counter could not even find the complaint book. This airport defies belief that any airport can be run so badly. I know no action will be taken on any feedback that has been given in this forum. However just needed to warn other travellers into this horrible airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"airport defies belief that any airport can be run so badly"

Trip Verified | What an absolutely horrible and disgusting GMR operated IGIA airport. Nothing works. Add to that additional confusion created by airport officials: Our baggage came on belt 7 along with a flight from London. Start of confusion. Luggage on belt 7. No trolleys anywhere to be seen. Asked an airport guy, found out trolleys are kept near belt 14, anyone can figure this out? We were standing waiting for our bags for nearly an hour. No bags to be seen. Finally I decide to take a walk around the belt and lo and behold, a bunch of bags were removed and kept on the floor while passengers, unaware, kept waiting for the bags around the belt. Our bags must have been pulled out and were lying there. When I asked the porter why they were pulling the bags from the belt, answer was supervisor instructed. What was needed to do this? Who knows? Even pulled out there is no process to inform passengers waiting around. So I decided to go and lodge a formal complaint against this stupidity of highest order. So I went to luggage office of airport situated near belt 8 and 9 and requested for complaint form or complaint book. The lady at the counter could not even find the complaint book. This airport defies belief that any airport can be run so badly. I know no action will be taken on any feedback that has been given in this forum. However just needed to warn other travellers into this horrible airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"slow immigration and security checks"

Not Verified | Delhi Airport is the worst. Immigration and security checks are the worst. There are close to 36 immigration counters but you could never see all the slots being filled. They take breaks every half an hour even though there is a huge queue in immigration. They should buy a full body scanner instead of security guard checking each and every passengers. Delhi Airport would have been so much better if not for the slow immigration and security checks. Until they fix it never going to visit that airport again.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"No one can rest let alone sleep"

Not Verified | I am sat here now in a lounge at 3am. For the last two hours over the loudspeakers have been playing loudly Jingle Bells on January 5th. No one can rest let alone sleep. Whoever is in charge should be fired now.

"Shockingly slow"

Not Verified | Most incompetent security I've ever seen, and I've been to dozens of airports worldwide. Shockingly slow. The clowns are confused by items such as umbrellas, empty water bottles, and mobile phone chargers. Be prepared to remove all of these from your bags, and be treated like an idiot for not knowing to do it automatically. At least 8 separate passport checks from entrance to boarding.
Date VisitMay 2019

"airport is nothing less than a cattle mart"

Trip Verified | Without a doubt, one of the worst airports I've ever been to. We travelled as a group of 10 and upon arrival we were asked to show our boarding passes as we entered the airport. When we said we needed to go to the counter to have them printed they sent us to another entrance where we were then told we had to go back to the original door, who then sent us to yet another entrance. All of this back and forth eventually lead to us going back to the same door we originally tried to enter with no boarding passes, just our email confirmation which we were then allowed to enter with even though we had them in the first place. Then in security, we were taken from the top of a queue and put into an even longer queue, causing us to then have to sprint from one side of the airport to get to our gate. The airport is nothing less than a cattle mart with no one really knowing what they are doing.

"very slow process"

Trip Verified | Delhi T3 is a very slow process airport. You will see queues all the time. I spent more than an hour in queues for security check. While this is quite good in other countries. Some people couldn't get their flights due to the waiting time. This should be handled first if IGI wants to improve its ratings

"Worst transfer screening"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Worst transfer screening I have ever experienced by far. When I arrived from a flight, I am expecting to just go thru screening smoothly and be able to just go to the airport and see what it has to offer. But I was just hoping that Delhi airport have improved but it has not. They only have 1 screening machine open and the trays they use are very small that a 15-inch laptop just barely fit. The screening machines are very slow or should I add the officers are just taking their time by just continuously talking among each other. So we had to stand in the queue for about 15 minutes before you reach the tray area. Two more things, there is no water fountain to refill your bottle and you have to buy the water bottles. Make your carbon footprint lesser please by providing water fountains. And lastly, the WiFi connection requires an Indian sim as even if your roaming is on, no SMS code is being sent. When you ask for the staff at the information desk to connect you, the interaction was not there was she didn't give me any greetings or eye contact.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"thoroughly enjoyed the overall airport experience"

Trip Verified | I thoroughly enjoyed the overall airport experience. CISF staff at the entry gate were polite and nice. Check in and security check was a breeze. Had waited inside the plaza premium lounge, which was fantastic

"non-stop in queues"

Not Verified | Queue management is one thing that Delhi airport can do something about at all three places I.e. tickets, immigration and security. Even after arriving 3 hours earlier I was standing non-stop in queues before I made it to the plane. If you have a long journey ahead it only makes it more tiring for passengers. In comparison say at Amsterdam airport the whole thing hardly takes 45 mins to one hour. The thing is there is enough infrastructure at the airport to make these queues shorter but not enough personal on the counters to make those queues shorter. Hope someone can do something about this to make passengers journey less stressful.