Delhi Airport

"Terminal 2 was crowded even at 1am"

Not Verified | This was my first time into Delhi International airport. Flew in from SFO. Was told we would need to show negative covid test results upon arrival. No one asked for one on landing. Since United checked us I guess there was no point doing it again. The two employees supposed to check for temperature were checking their phones instead. On the way out I was able to walk to terminal 2 without too much hassle. The free wifi doesn't work and the OTP pin doesn't work unless you have a local number. Terminal 2 was crowded even at 1am. Didn't try the food as the eateries place was crowded. I was surprised to see that the airport had 'Best Airport' in South Asia displayed. On return to SFO I landed in Terminal 3. Indigo. Had a tough time figuring out directions to the International Departures. The seating area was crowded. Not enough seats. Hot and muggy too. There are very few food places in the departure area. Tried a couple of items. Terrible food. Not enough tables to stand and eat either. Once I got past the immigration and security the inside of Terminal 3 was decent. Not in any way award worthy. Can't wait for airports in South India to open up so I can avoid Delhi.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"some basic safety protocols should be implemented"

Trip Verified | Worst experience of any airport in recent time. I know its pandemic time and we shouldn't expect things to be as smooth as earlier but at least some basic safety protocols should be implemented. It looks that no one was interested in the safety and comfort of passengers. The whole arrival process was completely messed, mismanaged and pathetic. Before immigration have some documents verification and different process for different passengers, those with personal test, without PCR test like that but no one was there to guide, everyone was going everywhere, no social distancing. Complete chaos. Then comes immigration, in normal days when there were more flights immigration was far smoother, now when there are very limited flights it took more. Reason for that was the immigration staff was updating each passengers address and mobile number which we had already updated on self declaration form before the journey, what a waste of time and man power. Then comes custom, earlier they randomly check baggage but after covid they scan all baggage and have only 2 scanners, another half hour. After that at arrival hall another document verification before exit, another mess I won't be using this so called World class airport in the near future for sure.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"the staff were very unhelpful"

Trip Verified | The airport is well maintained but the staff were very unhelpful. This is my first time traveling to the airport and I had a connecting flight. I kept asking before and after customs if there was a drop off kiosk for my baggage. Nobody was even listening. I even asked in Hindi. They had no idea of what I was talking and told me to go out of customs and look into it. When I came out and asked, they told me I should have done before coming out. As such for other help too - very very poor customer service. No knowledge of things. Very bad experience. I generally don’t write any bad reviews but it has left me with a traumatic experience that I decided to write one. In future I will do my best to avoid connecting through this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"Management of Airport is consistently shabby"

Trip Verified | Management of Airport is consistently shabby in some areas. 1) Upon Arrivals, the luggage trolleys are usually stacked together at one end of the huge arrivals hall. 2) Upon exiting the airport, cars are parked for long periods of time in the passenger pick up area - the whole space is polluted by smoke of parked cars with their engines on, chaotic and intimidating to any visitor. Police deployed either don't care or ware happy to oblige for some incentives. 3) Security seems pretty good as is immigration and check in management. 4) Overall the airport can be very pleasant for departing, arriving is always a pain.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"It is such a nuisance"

Not Verified | While waiting at the arrivals gate I found at least 3 DTC shuttle buses always standing next to the arrival gates with their roaring engines and air conditioning. The noise was so much that we could not talk to each other. And extreme pollution too. Either these buses must be located at a distance from the gates Or they must shut their engines. It is such a nuisance.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"arrivals area is very user unfriendly"

Trip Verified | It is a very large airport. My luggage on a flight from Bikaner took some time to come off the luggage belt. I then tried to access the airport's internet without success. There was a small tourist information centre inside the airport, at that time I did not appreciate the need to get hotel information from it. There appeared to be no other services available to arrivals. I then left the airport expecting to find ready access to airline companies within the airport. This it turns out was a mistake as security is so tight that, regardless of need, without a ticket you cannot re-enter the arrivals area of the airport, In this context the arrivals area is very user unfriendly.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Whole experience was very stressful"

Trip Verified | While the infrastructure of the airport is excellent, there is scope for lot of improvements in the area of passenger handling. It took me more than 2 hours to complete from check in until clearing through the security gate. Whole experience was very stressful for me. Need to put in better crowd control programs.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"security forbade to go back in"

Trip Verified | This was the worst we have ever been treated at any airport in our lives! After collecting our bags which was difficult enough due to nonexistent posting of the appropriate luggage carousel my wife stayed inside while I peeked outside to look for the driver we had arranged for. Once I saw him I tried to reenter and i was just past the threshold to get my wife but the security forbade to go back in. I explained to him my wife was inside but all he said was no over and over! I motioned for our driver to explain to him in Hindi what the situation was but all he could say was no. At this point I could not believe what was going on. Then another soldier came and asked for my boarding pass which was with my wife so he asked me how can he know I am not lying! I had the passports and showed him but he too refused to simply let me go back in together my wife. Now I am livid and I said just get someone to go in with me. Finally another soldier came by and he went in with me though he was walking at a snails pace with me. I mean if I was potential threat would you not cling to my side? I got my wife who was so worried as this was taking so long. Finally when we exited together the first soldier looked at me and smirked. Well folks the this a sad but true reflection of how some people in India with position and authority simply do whatever they feel like doing and honestly no one seems to care at all.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"immigration is so slow"

Trip Verified | Worst airport I have used. The immigration is so slow they were not able to find my visa in their system. After numerous attempts went over to other officials while we stand with 10 months old from last one hour. Asking questions like how did i get a job abroad and etc.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Not enough immigration staff"

Trip Verified | Worst immigration system in a whole world. It took me 2 hours 20 mins just to clear my immigration. Not enough immigration staff. Immigration officers are too slow. I have travelled so many countries but Delhi airport was my worst experience.
Date VisitFebruary 2020