Delhi Airport

"Rude immigration staff"

Trip Verified | Rude immigration staff who throw the passport at travellers after stamping. Non existent crowd control, unclean restrooms (men). Will definitely avoid this airport if I have the option. Not worthy of being called an international airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2023

"amazed with customer service"

Trip Verified | I am so happy and feel amazed with customer service at Terminal 1. My query was very professionally resolved by Sh. Suresh Chand Meena at PRM counter. Really appreciate his professional approach and helping me out with my query in timely manner. All the very best,
Date VisitFebruary 2023

"a living hell for old people"

Trip Verified | Easily one of the worst airports in the world. Landed at Terminal 3 by Vistara Airlines from Singapore. My wife and I are in our 70s but buggies were just not available because they are appropriated by bureaucrats and VIPs. We had to walk more than a kilometre to reach immigration. Even thereafter, even though exhausted, we could not meet the car at the exit gate but had to drag our heavy luggage another kilometre from Gate 8 to the multi level car park at level 2 and on reaching there discovered that the escalator was not functioning. Greed, red tape, officiousness and apathy have reduced the airport to abject inefficiency and a living hell for old people.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"long queue for entry and security"

Trip Verified | T1 domestic terminal of Delhi airport away from T2 and T3. If arriving at other terminal and have next flight from T1 can avail free shuttle bus available 24x7. T1 is currently going through renovations (actually a bigger terminal is being built at the same place) so during peak hours may have to experience long queue for entry and security. My flight was early morning so didn’t experience any during mid night. It has all amenity/facilities which passengers needs, toilets, seating, food options, lounge, wifi and shopping options.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"my experience was very bad2

Trip Verified | In recent days Delhi terminal 3 has become a mess and my experience was very bad. I had an early morning flight and I was at airport around 3 am. There was long queue for entering the terminal, I had installed Digiyatra and updated my boarding pass so that I can use dedicated entry and security for digiyatra holders but my bad luck there was some problem and no one was there to assist for Digiyatra. After multiple unsuccessful attempts I join the regular queue and took 20 min just to enter the terminal, I was travelling with only hand baggage so saved 30-40 min otherwise could have easily took for check in. Security queue waslong and slow moving, took 40 min plus for security. Overall very bad experience, unless situation improves in near future I would avoid Delhi Terminal 3.
Date VisitDecember 2022

7th January 2023 : Delhi Airport response

Dear Rahul, Thank you for sharing your recent travel experience with us. We have taken due cognizance of this matter and we regret the inconvenience caused to you. At the outset, we would like to inform you that the security related activities at Delhi Airport is managed and controlled by the Central Industrial Security Force – CISF, as constituted and maintained by the Central Govt. Further, we would like to state that as an Airport operator we have taken various measures mentioned below to ensure smooth operations and to provide a seamless travel experience to our passengers: a. Two extra entry points were made functional at the departure forecourt area. b. Additional manpower deployed at entry point and security check point to expedite passenger movement through regular monitoring, ensuring equal distribution and segregation of passengers. c. Positioned 5 security scanning machines (XBIS) at Domestic as well as International Security Hold Area. d. Installed dedicated Digiyatra lanes for faster processing & passenger movement. e. Installed XOVIS Screens at various locations to display waiting time to passengers so that they can to move to short queues.

"felt like I am in bus station"

Not Verified | Worst airport I ever been to 1. Keeping in mind the population of Delhi NCR and near around towns they could have planned spacious airport. I felt like I am in bus station (even that is much better than this). 2. Why can't they have more smart gates? 3. More counters I will prefer to go by train but not from this airport
Date VisitJune 2022

"One of the worst immigration experiences!"

Not Verified | One of the worst immigration experiences! The immigration staff are extremely rude and very very slow. Don't think they are capable of handling IT systems. So many people were anxious, afraid that they will miss their connecting flights. International airports are a gateway to a country, so sad to experience this, wonder what will all the foreigners make of such hellish experience.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"the worst experience at an airport"

Trip Verified | This was by far the worst experience at an airport. We were returning back to London and allowed the usual 3hrs prior to our departure time to ensure we had some time for duty free shopping and to have some breakfast before our flight. Our flight was at 10.20am and we reached Delhi airport at 7.15am. After checking in our luggage, we joined the passport control queues. There were only 2 people serving and there was a very very long queue. After 1.5 hours it was our turn and I mentioned to the guy that you need more staff. He said they were short staffed due to some staff attending election duties. Then we spent another 1.5hrs in security. People were getting angry and shouting. We were still in the queue 10mins before our gate was about to close. They finally alert us through and we had to run to our departure gate. We had no time for shopping nor breakfast. The staff seem not bothered about the long queues and the frustration felt by the passengers. They need professionals working at the airport - not uncaring and not bothered at all. I will be avoiding Delhi airport as much as I can. Such a modern airport built but unfortunately the service is extremely poor!
Date VisitDecember 2022

7th January 2023 : Delhi Airport response

Dear Norris, We would like to apprise you that in the recent past, the international passenger flow has increased, resulting in longer wait time at immigration. However, we are working closely with the immigration officials to address the concern and have already made some progress. Further, our on-ground officials are always keeping a continuous check on passenger movement throughout the Airport ensuring a smooth travel experience for passengers. At Delhi Airport, passenger experience is paramount and we wish to serve you better in the future.

"Decent food options"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 Smallest terminal of Delhi, clean toilets, sufficient seating arrangements, may not be near gates but there are many areas where sufficient seating arrangements had been made. Decent food options but obviously a little expensive, food court can be crowded during peak rush. There was only one small lounge which is closed now, heard they are coming with better lounge experience. Security check in can be sometime time taking.

7th January 2023 : Delhi Airport response

Dear Rahul, Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to provide you a great experience.

"Queueing times are extremely long"

Not Verified | We were at Delhi for a stop-over. Staff are rude and asking several members the same question will lead to multiple answers. Queueing times are extremely long, which is no surprise looking at the working speed of the employees. The airport does look clean. If possible, do not travel via this airport.