Casablanca Airport

Casablanca Airport customer review

SWhile the new Terminal 2 is spacious clean and well equipped check in-staff are not well trained. I came to the airport and they told me I should have had a hard copy ticket not an electronic ticket and there was nothing they could do about it. I insisted they try and resolve the problem. After waiting until all passengers were checked in I asked again for help. The girl begrudgingly said she'd go to the Main Office and took a French woman passenger with her with a similar problem but told me wait there. They were gone almost an hour and I asked for help from the remaining check in desk woman on duty. She told me she had nothing to do with "my problem" so my husband explained in Arabic and asked her politely for help. She was very rude and very angry I asked her for her name. She started screaming at me "Are you the police? Are you a gendarme? I don't have to tell my name or badge number to anyone but the police." She refused to call her supervisor and continued her contemptuous and rude treatment towards me yelling at me to go sit down. The police showed up and she calmed down. The other woman then arrived with the French woman she'd helped who also had only an electronic ticket but told me the same thing again "We will put you on the plane to Lisbon and when you get there get your baggage and go find US Airways and ask them to straighten it out." The police then escorted me to the plane which was late taking off which had inconvenienced all passengers. And all this problem because they claimed the computer systems don't communicate with Lisbon/US Airways. These employees need better training in customer service or they will run everyone off eventually.

Casablanca Airport customer review

So crowded you couldn't move and the 3 or 4 kiosks for food packed and staffed by one or two people serving up overpriced and lackluster sandwiches mostly. There are no gate numbers on your boarding pass - I was told by an airport employee and a police officer I should go to gate 26 for my connection to Montreal. Then 1/2 hour before my boarding time a bus pulled up and the police yelled out "New York" - I just happened to ask him about my flight to Montreal and he told me to get on the aforementioned bus. This took me to the correct gate for my flight. None of this info is posted announced told to you or on your boarding pass. Only by the grace of God and the good will of surly airport staff will you get to your flight! Avoid if you can.

Casablanca Airport customer review

Quiet clean and organized airport. The check-in is usually done quickly without waiting. Only negative point is the customs staff that always try to get some extra money out of you by asking you to be "nice" to them. I always told them that I already spent my last MAD and maybe could help them out next time. These people should better controlled as they put a very negative image on the country.

Casablanca Airport customer review

The airport had seen some good and tangible improvements. The problem that needs to be urgently addressed still is transport to and from CMN especially after 2330. This is an airport and many international flights arrive at or around 2300. So please CMN operators don't leave arriving passengers at the mercy of the highly priced and notoriously disorganised taxi drivers. The rating of any airport is measured not only by new buildings and check-in counters but by other services it provides to the public such transport links their availibility and their affordability.

Casablanca Airport customer review

A good effort to facilitate passengers and advance tourist industry but efforts occasionally are not enough. Nobody knows what and where endless bureaucracy and delays in everything. Big surprise: on the way back to Athens August 25th 2008 departure 02:45 we had to do the check in with only 2 desks open for 250 passengers while the man on the desk was disappearing every 2 minutes or 3 to talk with colleagues and fool around. The flight was delayed because most of the passengers had not done the check in although been there 3 hours before. No duty free shop was open for travellers to spend their money. Overall impression: decent infrastructure average to law quality services.

Casablanca Airport customer review

Casablanca Airport is a huge surprise. I had expected something less fanciful only to meet a well run and neat airport. Clearing customs in a large bright room lit by natural sunlight is comforting. It is a little darker at baggage claim and the arrival hall is more sombre than the departure. There are some money changers and unfortunately along came the touts as well. The train station is right below the airport and train service is 1 train per hour into the city (30-40 mins). The International Departure Hall on the other hand is modern bright and spiffy and again clearing customs is a breeze. My only grouse - the check-in rows and customs are far apart so a fair bit of walking is involved. The gates are clearly marked and easy to get to and eateries and cafes are fairly easily located.

Casablanca Airport customer review

Reasonable airport seemed efficient clean and friendly. Arrived in the evening and had to wait over an hour for the last train to Casablanca- Voyageurs which was annoying and there was no early train which arrived in time for my return flight early in the morning so I was forced to spent the night in the airport! Plenty of guards made the place seem secure found a couple of soft mats on which I managed to get some rest. All procedures were smooth check-in passport control and boarding by bus.

Casablanca Airport customer review

Although Royal Air Morac tries to make CMN appear as one the up to date modern connecting hubs it isn't quite there. With one 767 coming in from JFK it took more than an hour to get the whole group of passengers through. And when making a connection on the way out the waiting area isn't really up to date either. The airport is not non smoking and if you don't like to be swarmed by second hand smoke it makes it tough. The food choices again arent really up to good modern standards. But with hat said those are really the only negatives I can think of at CMN. Its got cool duty free shopping.

Casablanca Airport customer review

In transit between flights from Bamako to Lyon and return. Overall a cosey airport fairly clean and with comfortable seats. Many nice duty free shops with plenty of local handicraft and jewelry. On the minus side: most shops close at night and half the public 'Maroc Telecom' telephone booths don't work properly.

Casablanca Airport customer review

Having arrived at Casablanca from Montreal in the early hours I was wanting coffee. I had no local currency and neither did the cafe have change. I was treated to not one but two free cups of excellent espresso. This doesn't happen very often in this world we live in. This is an airport that practices humanity.