Alicante Airport

"feeling lost and confused"

Not Verified | First the pros: large spacious airport very clean, toilets clean and queues moved quickly. Cons: 1. The Burger King outlet is ridiculously inefficient. Stood in a queue with 8 people ahead of us and it took 25 minutes to reach the counter and be served. The management really need to look at increased staffing or something because this is too long to be queuing for “fast food” especially at an airport where time in precious. If service can’t be improved perhaps another franchise like McDonalds could take over. 2. Our plane was leaving from B25. However the signs only direct you to gates up to B21. The staff shrugged and said yeah signs are wrong just keep walking in direction of B21 and you will see B25. Surely with the number of customers the airport has sufficient funds to update the signage. We were not the only ones feeling lost and confused yet this would be an easy problem for the airport to fix.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"hope to never return"

Not Verified | The airport staff are rude and angry. No additional consideration for infant's passing through security, not that it's the easiest thing for an adult at the best of times. Food prices are passed extortion €13 for a Burger King burger! Really. €15 for 3 bottles of water, yes it normally expensive but dam as they still get you to throw away all fluids at security, it should be a minimum requirement to maintain a sensible prices for replacing it!! At 07:30: 4 of the mens toilets didn't have toilet roll in them, I now appreciate the queuing women go through for a toilet. All the Jet2 desks for assistance closed as soon as the flight was delayed. Little shocked especially as we were told to go there for information, obviously nothing to give so best to slam the shutter quick! Thanks. It's far from the best experience I've ever had or that with my family, I would consider using another airport and spend the time traveling to my destination by car! Other than that happy to be out of the place and hope to never return.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"No professionalism and disappointing food"

Not Verified | I have a complaint to make about the Burger King inside the terminal, we visited on the 29th June at 20:00. The food took over 20 minites and was cold by the time we got it. Customer service was atrocious although I don’t blame the staff, I witnessed the manager being very rude to the rest of the employees, clapping in their faces, shoutimg at them, I don’t blame them for looking miserable. No professionalism and disappointing food.
Date VisitJune 2018

"fast and efficient and very helpful"

Not Verified | Recently travelled with a broken ankle. The special help team at the airport were fast and efficient and very helpful from my arrival getting me off the plane and to my awaiting car; to helping when I arrived back at the airport and getting me on the plane. Security was polite and professonal whilst still being vigilant. Overall a pleasant experiance for me even with my injury.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Quite a clean airport"

Trip Verified | Quite a clean airport with only one spillage spotted. Toilets were clean and check in staff helpful. However, why is that male and female passengers cannot buy personal hygiene products? No pharmacy anywhere to be seen. Would it be possible to install vending machines in the toilets so that this problem can be sorted?
Date VisitMarch 2018

"We were spoken to like dirt"

Not Verified | We came through customs yesterday, the two ladies we saw had a shocking attitude. We were spoken to like dirt on the floor. I am a big believer in custom control and do understand in depth. My husband who is in his late 60s came through the scanner and the lady then shouted to the other on the scanning belt. She then started shouting at my husband saying bag. I then told her he never had a bag. She was so rude she then went on to drug test him. The very sad thing is my husband has a spinal cord stimulator in his back and carries a card. He showed her the card thinking that was the problem but she was not interested. Sad to say that it could have been anything, its not the smallest piece of metal. Think they need to change their approach instead of treating everyone as a criminal.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"let down by a few outlets"

Unverified | The food and beverage outlets in the departure lounge were awful. Unimaginative, lack of ideas and taste. Its a shame that the Airport itself is very good, but is let down by a few outlets that lacked experience in delivery a food experience that was not satisfactory.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"left by themselves and unattended"

(Norway)

Unverified | Both my husband and I managed to get pulled out at security. We had to do an extra check for chemicals/drugs. I understand that this is for our own safety but what I don't understand is why they couldn wait to check one of the parents. What about our 3 kids? They were left by themselves and unattended. I tried to tell the lady but she didn't care.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"pleasure to use this airport"

We travel through Alicante airport at least four or five times a year, and we were pleasantly surprised to discover that Departures have been improved, developed and offer so much more choice. The organisation appears to be better also; we noticed all UK and Ireland departures are from 'B' gates and others from 'C', which in my opinion makes it easier as to where to expect your designated gate. There is also permanent signage for the priority passenger queue at each gate. Couple this with a friendly and smooth running security team, its a pleasure to use this airport.
Date VisitApril 2017

"one of the most expensive airports in Europe"

Verified Review | This must be one of the most expensive airports in Europe. This applies to the food and beverage offer as well as the "duty free " area. 2 examples. The cost of Amberleaf tobacco for intra EU flights is HIGHER than the cost in Ordinary Spanish tobacco shops. And the cost of a WH Smith Meal Deal is approx £7 in this airport. In Gatwick it costs £3.79.
Date VisitMarch 2017