Alicante Airport

"very pleasant and efficient"

Trip Verified | I used the Departure hall of Alicante airport before my Aer Lingus flight to Dublin. The experience was very pleasant and efficient. But as the flight took off from gate B23, it was not easy to find the B gates once I was through the security check. There were also other people who were finding it difficult to locate the B gates too. Please note that it was vey easy to navigate to the C gates
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"commend staff at Alicante airport"

Not Verified | I want to commend staff at Alicante airport on what was my first airport visit post covid. Arriving and departing was prompt and hassle free. When I accidentally broke a mug at the Starbucks counter the staff were just concerned about how I was feeling. Also the girl at the EasyJet gate took my postcards which I had forgotten to post ,and promised to post them for me. They all arrived eventually, so thank you!
Date VisitJune 2022

"staff were polite, efficient and happy"

(Spain)

Not Verified | With the media coverage of airport delays we arrived early for our flight. Any anxiety quickly disappeared, our trip through security was quick and painless. The staff were polite, efficient and happy. Duty free prices were reasonable and toilets and surrounding areas were very clean. A good experience!
Date VisitJune 2022

"two police officers checking passports"

Not Verified | Arrived at the same time as another flight at 01.30. None of the automatic passport readers was open. There were just two police officers checking passports for more that 300 people. In the past passing through immigration has not been a problem.
Date VisitJune 2022

"staff are polite, cheerful and super helpful"

Trip Verified | Alicante Airport is exceptionally clean, tidy, easy to navigate, plenty of restaurants/cafes. Super shopping, staff are polite, cheerful and super helpful. Toilets are spotlessly clean. Sanitising stations everywhere. Overall - outstanding service.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"what are people supposed to do in that situation?"

Not Verified | I was going through baggage clearance. When I was at the front of the queue I was told by a female officer that my mask was "not allowed". So I waited for her to tell me what to do. She ignored me and ushered forward people behind me in the queue. I asked her what I should do. She asked if I had another mask which I didn't so she shrugged her shoulders and proceeded to usher people behind me in the queue forward. I did become irate. Somebody behind me in the queue gave me a mask so I could go through. I wanted to ask why I was not allowed to wear my mask (which covers more than standard masks do) and what I was supposed to do if someone else hadn't given me a mask but was shot down every time. After collecting my things I did attempt to put the other mask on but a police officer was called to make sure I put on the mask I was wearing. I don't have a problem with the rules or the way I was treated by any officer other than the one who spoke to me originally. There is absolutely no signs detailing what types of masks are acceptable or not. So what are people supposed to do in that situation? I am totally stressed out now waiting on this plane, hence the 1* review even though there is nothing really wrong with the airport, it's not great but it's alright.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I was confused"

Trip Verified | On 7th September I flew from Alicante to Bristol. I approached passport control, and a young female member of staff was walking up and down shouting at people to remove their masks. She started shouting "Cover off! Cover off!". I was confused as I had already pulled my mask down, so I removed it completely. She started shouting more loudly, "COVER OFF! COVER OFF!. By this time I was becoming distressed, I had no idea what she was saying or what she actually meant me to do. She then said, "Remove. Your Passport Cover" in what sounded like a patronising manner. Another young, female member of staff saw my distress, she was really very kind and helped me to operate the passport verification machine. I may be wrong, but aren't ALL of these members of staff at passport control there to help, rather than to bark orders and leave customers feeling intimidated and humiliated? Is this the impression that Alicante Airport management are happy for customers to take away with them?
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | Very poor service. Huge queues and only 3 check in terminals working. The staff were wandering off their post, slow and disengaged. It took 1h30m to check in. Security checks were even worse, slow and people pushing in and no one stopping them. I then went to shop at duty free and wanted to buy a bottle of alcohol, to be told no as it was after 8pm (I got there 8.06pm). Had check in and security pass been simple and straight forward, I’d have managed to get my duty free item but instead I was late and missed this. Awful experience - will never depart from here again and will tell everyone about how awful and disgusting the service was.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"no sanitiser dispensers in the airport"

Trip Verified | On the same day that the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared that the coronavirus outbreak was now a pandemic I had a half filled 250ml (so about 125ml) of hand sanatiser confiscated at Alicante Airport. As I am 83 and my wife 79, we are amongst the most vulnerable to exposure. I vainly explained to the security person what I needed it for. When I asked if it was alright for us to contract the virus he just smiled and shrugged as if to say that was our problem. Ironically if the liquid had been in 2 smaller bottles, which is not the way it is sold, it would be allowed. We could have had even more such bottles with a total volume of even more than we had. There were no sanitiser dispensers in the airport, liquid soap and cold water in the toilets. Similarly on the plane but with hot water. I would have thought that during a pandemic normal regulations should be relaxed. But then every country seems to have its 'jobsworths'!
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Problems come with the Azul Handling agents"

Trip Verified | Alicante security and checks are good. Streamlined and quick. Shopping is ok although expensive no really deal. Clean enough and good facilities overall. Use the airport monthly. Problems come with the Azul Handling agents who are abrupt, rude and treat you like you are something not very nice under their shoe. Dare as I did to ask one to be polite and use a simple please and or thank you to her customers and you’ll be held back at the top of the aero bridge for about 20 mins while they threaten to remove you from the flight. Asking your name booking reference and generally being awful to you. I’ve complained and will be to the airport authority AENA too but don’t hold out much hope of anyone having a word with the Azul staff or this particular lady anyway!
Date VisitFebruary 2020