Alicante Airport

"Problems come with the Azul Handling agents"

Trip Verified | Alicante security and checks are good. Streamlined and quick. Shopping is ok although expensive no really deal. Clean enough and good facilities overall. Use the airport monthly. Problems come with the Azul Handling agents who are abrupt, rude and treat you like you are something not very nice under their shoe. Dare as I did to ask one to be polite and use a simple please and or thank you to her customers and you’ll be held back at the top of the aero bridge for about 20 mins while they threaten to remove you from the flight. Asking your name booking reference and generally being awful to you. I’ve complained and will be to the airport authority AENA too but don’t hold out much hope of anyone having a word with the Azul staff or this particular lady anyway!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"This airport was awful"

Trip Verified | 28.12.19, The arrival to this airport was good but all we did was land and go through passport control as we only had carry on luggage. 31.12.19 at 8pm - we were due to fly at 9.50pm. This airport was awful. Nothing was open which I couldn't understand as it was a Tuesday and relatively early and it was quite busy. There was no food and no shops open at all. The only food and drinks they had were out of the vending machines which were so expensive - a can of coke 2.50. There were no announcements if there was a problem boarding. The only place my partner could get a beer was for over 18's only so my five year old son could not go in. There was an extremely rude member of staff behind the bar too with very bad customer service - avoid this bar.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I am seriously upset about this"

Trip Verified | I have dual nationality (Romanian and British) and this is second time when I have been pulled at the gate. I always travel with my UK passport, and I travel all over the world due to my work commitments. Spain is the only country where I have been pulled over because I was born in Romania! This instance they even asked me to do a Romanian test! Seriously? If you don’t trust my British passport then please hire people that can properly verify them! I am seriously upset about this! As a UK citizen why I am forced to pass a Romanian test?
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Unhelpful, rude staff"

Not Verified | Unhelpful, rude staff. My daughter (16) was left distressed and in tears after being told to "go away" when long security delays from a queue of non-EU citizens meant the gate for her flight had closed before she could get there. There were no announcements that could be heard while in the queue and there were no staff managing the delays through security or looking at the impact on departing flights. At the gate staff refused to help my daughter in any way, despite seeing her distress. They would not even advise her on how to get back to the airline desks.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"A real credit to the airport"

Not Verified | I just want to recognise the Special Assistance service at the airport that my wife experienced today which was 5 star. A real credit to the airport from arriving at the airport through to sitting on the aeroplane.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"had no real hold ups"

Not Verified | Both our arrival and departure were time wise around what we expect for this size airport, our return journey had no real hold ups at security and although food and drink was expensive we discovered the airport now has a casino/slot machine place where a coffee is only one euro fifty and if I remember right a beer is three euro.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Horrible security staff"

Not Verified | The airport itself is nice. The food is good although extremely overpriced. The staff however are the worst! Horrible security staff, so rude and unfriendly. They completely destroyed my mood at the airport, and on top of everything they dont speak any English, how do you have employees who work at an iinternational airport and barely speak English? Really bad experience, I hope someone gets those workers a happy meal, so they will stop making the passenger miserable!
Date VisitJune 2019

"Staff so unhelpful and rude"

Not Verified | On the way to drop off our hire car at the airport we mistakenly turned into the long stay car park. When we realized what we had done we tried to get out but couldn't find the machine to pay for our exit ticket to enable our exit. We asked 2 Spanish workers that were walking around, how to get out of this car park as we were wasting time and were worried about missing our flights. Neither workers were interested, both said 'You must pay!!' 'Ok but where?' 'Where you came in' No we couldn't find it. Missed our return flight. Never want to see this Airport again. Staff so unhelpful and rude.
Date VisitMay 2019

"runs smoothly and is clean"

Not Verified | I use this airport regularly as I have a property in the area. Generally speaking, it runs smoothly and is clean and tidy. However, an improvement to the loudspeaker system is essential. It is impossible to hear and understand announcements and it would also be helpful if they were in the language of the destination country. My biggest complaint is about the cost of food generally. It is a complete rip-off. The biggest culprit is W.H. Smith. How they are allowed to get away with it I don't know. I will in future boycott them.
Date VisitMay 2019

"staff are rude without exception"

Trip Verified | For goodness sake if you are going to be at this airport longer than an hour please take food with you. The food on offer takes me back to the 1970s. Really substandard and over priced. The staff are rude without exception, we tried four different places to get a burger, we were treated with dismissive indifference. We ended up at burger king, we would never eat burger king at home probably because we have a much better selection of food in UK airports. I am not complaining about the price but more the lack of decent food on offer and the staff. We are now completely resigned to the fact that in future we have to book the airport lounge if we want to be treated civilly. The security procedure was perfect, it's just the food and service offering.
Date VisitMarch 2019