Alicante Airport

"staff are polite, cheerful and super helpful"

Trip Verified | Alicante Airport is exceptionally clean, tidy, easy to navigate, plenty of restaurants/cafes. Super shopping, staff are polite, cheerful and super helpful. Toilets are spotlessly clean. Sanitising stations everywhere. Overall - outstanding service.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"what are people supposed to do in that situation?"

Not Verified | I was going through baggage clearance. When I was at the front of the queue I was told by a female officer that my mask was "not allowed". So I waited for her to tell me what to do. She ignored me and ushered forward people behind me in the queue. I asked her what I should do. She asked if I had another mask which I didn't so she shrugged her shoulders and proceeded to usher people behind me in the queue forward. I did become irate. Somebody behind me in the queue gave me a mask so I could go through. I wanted to ask why I was not allowed to wear my mask (which covers more than standard masks do) and what I was supposed to do if someone else hadn't given me a mask but was shot down every time. After collecting my things I did attempt to put the other mask on but a police officer was called to make sure I put on the mask I was wearing. I don't have a problem with the rules or the way I was treated by any officer other than the one who spoke to me originally. There is absolutely no signs detailing what types of masks are acceptable or not. So what are people supposed to do in that situation? I am totally stressed out now waiting on this plane, hence the 1* review even though there is nothing really wrong with the airport, it's not great but it's alright.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I was confused"

Trip Verified | On 7th September I flew from Alicante to Bristol. I approached passport control, and a young female member of staff was walking up and down shouting at people to remove their masks. She started shouting "Cover off! Cover off!". I was confused as I had already pulled my mask down, so I removed it completely. She started shouting more loudly, "COVER OFF! COVER OFF!. By this time I was becoming distressed, I had no idea what she was saying or what she actually meant me to do. She then said, "Remove. Your Passport Cover" in what sounded like a patronising manner. Another young, female member of staff saw my distress, she was really very kind and helped me to operate the passport verification machine. I may be wrong, but aren't ALL of these members of staff at passport control there to help, rather than to bark orders and leave customers feeling intimidated and humiliated? Is this the impression that Alicante Airport management are happy for customers to take away with them?
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | Very poor service. Huge queues and only 3 check in terminals working. The staff were wandering off their post, slow and disengaged. It took 1h30m to check in. Security checks were even worse, slow and people pushing in and no one stopping them. I then went to shop at duty free and wanted to buy a bottle of alcohol, to be told no as it was after 8pm (I got there 8.06pm). Had check in and security pass been simple and straight forward, I’d have managed to get my duty free item but instead I was late and missed this. Awful experience - will never depart from here again and will tell everyone about how awful and disgusting the service was.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"no sanitiser dispensers in the airport"

Trip Verified | On the same day that the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared that the coronavirus outbreak was now a pandemic I had a half filled 250ml (so about 125ml) of hand sanatiser confiscated at Alicante Airport. As I am 83 and my wife 79, we are amongst the most vulnerable to exposure. I vainly explained to the security person what I needed it for. When I asked if it was alright for us to contract the virus he just smiled and shrugged as if to say that was our problem. Ironically if the liquid had been in 2 smaller bottles, which is not the way it is sold, it would be allowed. We could have had even more such bottles with a total volume of even more than we had. There were no sanitiser dispensers in the airport, liquid soap and cold water in the toilets. Similarly on the plane but with hot water. I would have thought that during a pandemic normal regulations should be relaxed. But then every country seems to have its 'jobsworths'!
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Problems come with the Azul Handling agents"

Trip Verified | Alicante security and checks are good. Streamlined and quick. Shopping is ok although expensive no really deal. Clean enough and good facilities overall. Use the airport monthly. Problems come with the Azul Handling agents who are abrupt, rude and treat you like you are something not very nice under their shoe. Dare as I did to ask one to be polite and use a simple please and or thank you to her customers and you’ll be held back at the top of the aero bridge for about 20 mins while they threaten to remove you from the flight. Asking your name booking reference and generally being awful to you. I’ve complained and will be to the airport authority AENA too but don’t hold out much hope of anyone having a word with the Azul staff or this particular lady anyway!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"This airport was awful"

Trip Verified | 28.12.19, The arrival to this airport was good but all we did was land and go through passport control as we only had carry on luggage. 31.12.19 at 8pm - we were due to fly at 9.50pm. This airport was awful. Nothing was open which I couldn't understand as it was a Tuesday and relatively early and it was quite busy. There was no food and no shops open at all. The only food and drinks they had were out of the vending machines which were so expensive - a can of coke 2.50. There were no announcements if there was a problem boarding. The only place my partner could get a beer was for over 18's only so my five year old son could not go in. There was an extremely rude member of staff behind the bar too with very bad customer service - avoid this bar.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I am seriously upset about this"

Trip Verified | I have dual nationality (Romanian and British) and this is second time when I have been pulled at the gate. I always travel with my UK passport, and I travel all over the world due to my work commitments. Spain is the only country where I have been pulled over because I was born in Romania! This instance they even asked me to do a Romanian test! Seriously? If you don’t trust my British passport then please hire people that can properly verify them! I am seriously upset about this! As a UK citizen why I am forced to pass a Romanian test?
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Unhelpful, rude staff"

Not Verified | Unhelpful, rude staff. My daughter (16) was left distressed and in tears after being told to "go away" when long security delays from a queue of non-EU citizens meant the gate for her flight had closed before she could get there. There were no announcements that could be heard while in the queue and there were no staff managing the delays through security or looking at the impact on departing flights. At the gate staff refused to help my daughter in any way, despite seeing her distress. They would not even advise her on how to get back to the airline desks.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"A real credit to the airport"

Not Verified | I just want to recognise the Special Assistance service at the airport that my wife experienced today which was 5 star. A real credit to the airport from arriving at the airport through to sitting on the aeroplane.
Date VisitSeptember 2019