MIAT Mongolian Airlines

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Flew HKG-ULN-HKG. Both flights operated by B738. Check in process good and painless. Flights on time. Boarding was done efficiently. Cabin attendants fantastic and friendly. Food was good quality and quantity for Y class. Seat pitch a bit tight and there was zero entertainment on the B738 flown on board sectors. A good and improving airline. Have got much worse from airlines with better rankings. Definitely an airline to consider and watch for once they receive the state of the art B767-300 ER shortly.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Flew Hong Kong to UB return June-August 2012. Planes a little old but very comfortable. They played a recent movie for inflight entertainment and the seats were nicely spaced. Food on the way there was authentic Chinese which is fine for adults but my 3 kids only ate the rice. My only other complaint was they decided to cancel our return flight due to lack of passengers which meant we had to stay longer in Hong Kong on the return. We have flown with MIAT on a number of occasions over the last ten years and they are improving all the time. Will really benefit when/if the new airport project ever gets off the ground.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

HKG-ULN round trip. We had no problems with our flights and based on our round trip I think the two star rating is a bit harsh have certainly flown 3 star airlines which were considerably worse than Miat. Our flights left on time. The service was certainly above average exceptionally friendly cabin crew. The food was fine. The planes were a only a little bit aged and the seats were comfortable. No personal entertainment systems in the seats but for a regional flight we didn't expect any either. Overall we were very pleased with our experience and given the fact that they were $300 cheaper for the round trip than the next cheapest airline servicing the route they were definitely value for money.

(Russian Federation)

The worst customer service I have ever come across. I bought a return Moscow-Berlin because they were cheap and the flight times convenient. Outward flight went fine however on the return the plane was delayed overnight - they put us up in a hotel (no food though) and told us to return at 5 am for a 7 am flight. However once there we were told the flight was again delayed a further 15 hours. Not a MIAT representative in sight I had to get home so bought a ticket with another airline. The food is also bad but that didn't bother me too much. Only giving them 1 out of 10 because they did get me to my destination before messing me around on the return trip.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

HKG-ULN round trip first flight was delayed by 8 hours due to weather. Onboard service was above average ahead of American carriers. Seat pitch average was decent coffee was horrible. The return flight was better. Attentive service better meals clean aircraft and surprisingly modern facilities in ULN.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

HKG-ULN return on the B738. Business class cabin service and comfort was perfectly adequate for medium range sectors. Seat and legroom were equal to domestic Australian Business Class. Both flights departed and arrived close to schedule. Catering on board was simple but effective and cabin service fine. A small airline with a limited but varied network.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Berlin to Ulaanbaatar return. First leg was nonstop on the large Boeing and return on a smaller plane that needed to be refueled in Ekaterinburg Russia. We had ordered vegetarian meals for both flights but on the first they did not have them. First flight was not fully booked and had lots of space at the back of the plane. The Boeing had good leg space and recline of the seats was good. Staff were attentive and replied to all requests. Food appeared to be cheap and was not tasty. The return flight had a refuel stop it took over 1.5 hrs longer. Plane was smaller had a 3-3 seat configuration and was nearly full. It had only 2 toilets for the whole Economy Class so there were queues in the corridor. However staff were helpful.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

ICN to ULN business class. The plane was a newer B737-800 which appeared to be in good shape. The seats were comfortable good food and very attentive FA's. Check in at ICN was relatively easy and ULN also fine. Why can't American carriers come anywhere near the level of service and civility found on Asian carriers?

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

ULN to ICN on B737-800. On the plane the service is fantastic. Comfortable seats good meal attentive FA's modern and clean plane. Seats 1A and 1B have tons of leg room. Checking in at ULN is another story. Complete chaos. No questions about where you want to sit. Unable to check back through to the US so had to exit the terminal at ICN pick up bag at ICN then recheck in on flight to US. Boarding chaotic because of multiple planes leaving from the same gate. I wasn't sure I was on the right plane till I actually saw us landing in ICN.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Several flights with MIAT on the routes TXL-ULN-TXL and PEK-ULN-PEK. Service is always good. Flights are most of the times on time (experienced only one delay in PEK due to bad weather conditions). Planes are ok. The Airbus 310 is getting older but performs good and is more comfortable than many of the newer planes. All in all I would choose MIAT over AirChina or Aeroflot also due to the fact that they have "almost direct" flights from TXL to ULN. Prices could get a bit lower though especially in the Summer season tickets can get quite expensive.