MIAT Mongolian Airlines

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Many times was flying with Mongolian Airlines on route ULN-PEK-ULN. The fleet is aging especially A310-300. But the service food is fine.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

I got stuck in ICN for 12 hours. The delay was weather related (not MIAT fault) but the airline failed to inform us what was going on. While traveling on the pricier "Business" class I ended up spending the night sleeping in the airport terminal. Airline would not even issue meal vouchers (then again everything shuts down at Incheon after 900 pm) or statements of what was going on. Finally the flight took off at 500 am. Meals are OK. If I had to choose between Korean Air and MIAT I would stick to MIAT - they will take off no matter what (unlike Korean).

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Seoul - UB round trip. Flight out okay bumped to business class. Attentive staff. Food good. Plane clearly very old -- ashtrays old dial-type volume and channel controls video unwatchable. Return trip flight delayed 13+ hours because of a broken window. We had to wait for another plane. They did provide a bus to take us back downtown so we could sightsee picked us up again. Stored our bulky luggage for us. So for a struggling airline they're trying to keep the customers happy but don't have much of a fleet yet to work with.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Seoul to Ulaanbataar Business Class - a short 3 hour flight. The crew were attentive. The meal was excellent but the aircraft they used seems to be aging a bit. The seats are below standard for business class compared to other airliners. The inflight entertainment was also outdated.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Economy from Berlin-Tegel to Ulaanbataar and back and Ulaanbataar to Irkutsk. All flights on time. Good service especially from Berlin to Ulanbataar and back with a modern A 310-300. But even the flight to Irkutsk with an old Antonov An 26 was quite comfortable. Very quick check-in in UB!

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

I am amazed to hear everyone commenting on flights leaving on time. In four years I have never been on a MIAT flight to or from Mongolia that has left on time. Time delays range from 20 minutes to 20 hours and have tended to lean towards an hour or so. I always allow a good delay for my connecting flights on the other end and more than once I have had to reschedule those flights anyway. Admittedly the service food and aircraft are improving in recent years but I still don't count on "on- time" departures.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

Beijing to UB many times on MIAT Mongolian. The flights were fine food was good and they were on time. The equal to or better than Air China.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

I recently flew with MIAT from Berlin Tegel (TXL) to Ulaanbaator (ULN) and then the return leg with a transfer in Moscow (SVO). Outbound flight (Thursday) was only a third full so there plenty of room to spread out however inbound flight (Sunday) was full. Flights were on time aircraft clean cabin crew polite food above average and service good. In-flight magazine was excellent - interesting and informative articles. Landings were very unsteady! Leave plenty of time for check- in though.

MIAT Mongolian Airlines customer review

I have not seen any reviews to date for MIAT Mongolian Airlines who I think provide an excellent connection from Western Europe (Berlin) to Ulaanbaatar. My colleagues and I have used them several times over the past three years - they fly an Airbus 310 twice weekly from TXL to ULN via SVO. Business Class seating is 2-3-2 legroom OK food and drink good service very friendly and attentive. We've looked at various flight options and this one gets our preference almost every time