Middle East Airlines

"check in is very unpleasant"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Beirut. The crew on check in is very unpleasant and treat customers in a very bad way as they are offering us the flight for free. I always chose MEA and I did more than 20 hours journey in Italy because I like to travel with MEA, but I will never do it again.
RouteMilan to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"refund fees and no show fees"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | This is the only airline maybe that you have to contact the call center for everything!, I asked to refund my ticket after I decided not to travel, and after that I received an auto-reply that the refund request is received, and after that I tried to access my reservation again to make sure that my reservation is cancelled and I could not find it so I thought all went well. I contacted the call center to ask about the amount to be refunded, and they informed me I have a refund fees and no show fees as I did not call to cancel! How can I know that my reservation is still there when I could not find it online and after receiving an email stating that I will get my money back within 21 days as a maximum! this is very unprofessional (the rating below it is based on a previous trip I had via MEA).
RouteBeirut to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a very good flight"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | The flight was on time. The crew was friendly, I had no problem with my seats. The seat is good, the leg space is extremely good for a economy seat. The takeoff and landing was pretty smooth, the entertainment is good (and the tvs on the new planes are really better than the old ones) the food was delicious and the new planes are really quiet. I had a very good flight and I totally recommend MEA.
RouteBeirut to Paris
Date FlownJune 2018

"will never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Amman to Beirut. Overbooked flight. Will never use this airlines again. Arrived at 1.5 hrs before my flight time. I got to the ticket counter and was told I arrived on time but the flight was overbooked. I was instructed to call my travel agent! Well I booked through Expedia, I didn’t have one. These flights were booked 3 months in advance and I wasn’t able to board! People who booked after me were on the flight because they arrived at the airport sooner. I was flying with the a child, they placed me on the following flight 4 hrs later and gave me $150 dollars to fly with them again! What’s $150 in MEA money they could have at least given me a gift card. Needless to say I had no other options and needed to get to Beirut so I flew with them. I will never use this airline again.
RouteAmman to Beirut
Date FlownJune 2018

"not as good as I expected"

Trip Verified | Paris to Beirut. Pleasant full flight. Aircraft was not new. Flight attendants were young, friendly yet somewhat too casual while doing their work. Food served was OK but not as good as I expected. They tend to overheat the meal which makes it soggy. Departure and arrival were on time.
AircraftA330-200
RouteParis to Beirut
Date FlownMarch 2018

"flight itself was pretty pleasant"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Shortly after the booking and within 24 hours we realized that the first name of one of the passengers was mis-spelled due to the phonetics of the Greek language (Ekaterini was typed instead of Aikaterini). We contacted the airline both in our local office and in Beirut in order to correct this and we were treated as we did a crime. We were asked to pay more than 100€, otherwise the passenger would be denied boarding - the ticket itself cost 156€ return. Reading relevant reviews we decided to risk it and travel with the name as it was and there was absolutely no problem. The flight itself was pretty pleasant, punctual, nice relaxed feeling of the staff, food was provided with metal utensils, in-flight entertainment for such a short flight (1h40min), luggage provided, check in at the counter for free, for a very reasonable price. Business class had proper business seating, which is not common at an A320. They maintain the style and comfort of traditional full service.
RouteAthens to Beirut
Date FlownApril 2018

"flight was actually very good"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | The flight was actually very good. There was a satisfying entertainment service with a good number of movies for a three hour flight, very good quality of food, comfy economy seats, and well trained inflight staff. The flight was very smooth and comfortable and we actually arrived earlier than the scheduled time though departure was delayed for around 15 min. I would recommend better trained ground staff.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBeirut to Dubai

"I cannot recommend MEA"

Trip Verified | Beirut to London. During Check in I was informed by 2 ladies on the check in counter that I am not allowed to travel to London as LHR airport will close from 10 pm to 5 Am in the morning and I have to leave the airport. I explained to them that I have asked before I booked the ticket and I was told that I do not have to have transit visa as I will be in transit area and do not leave the airport. The two ladies on the check in were so rude and treated me very inappropriately, they yelled at me that I didn't book my ticket through agency and said you can't travel, you have to go through another airline. I went back to see MEA office to see if I can book to Paris and unfortunately the people in the booking office had no clue again if I need a visa or not. they wanted me to go upstairs to control office to ask. I find it very strange that the employers in MEA do not know the rules and they couldn't ask the control office by the phone instead letting the client go through another security check to go upstairs. After I checked several airlines in the airport and after paying for another ticket I was told that I can travel and it should be no problem. The females in MEA check in area didn't apologize in fact they acted very rude when I came back " saying we do not want to hear your story" we already knew it. I cannot recommend MEA to any one based on my experience. I feel MEA employees lack respect, knowledge and hopefully educating and training them will help MEA services in the future.
RouteBeirut to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"didn't reach the gate on time"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Beirut. I had a very bad experience with Middle East Airlines recently. I made a booking for my mother (71 years old) with MEA, flight ME0427 from Dubai to Beirut on March 13, 2018, departure time was at 1:30 pm. My mother lost the gate after she checked out and finished all her travelling procedures and she didn't reach the gate on time. The flight take off at 1:35 after they removed her baggage from the plane and without announcing or calling for her name. I received a call from them (as I put my number as a reference) they only informed me that they canceled her name from the passengers’ list. She waited around 11 hours in the airport for the other flight.
RouteDubai to Beirut
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Very unimpressed with MEA"

Trip Verified | Beirut to London return. I was surprised on both occasions that they didn’t ask passengers with babies to come forward to get on the plane first or after business passengers as I had experienced when travelling with other airlines. I asked the MEA staff in London about this. She said that MEA don’t have a policy of prioritising travellers with babies as they feel that travellers with babies will spend a long time faffing around with their luggage up and taking things out for the baby and will hold up other passengers trying to get on the plane. In Beirut when I asked the MEA representative why he didn’t prioritise traveller’s with babies he smiled and replied: ‘welcome to Lebanon.’ Very unimpressed with MEA.
RouteBeirut to London