Middle East Airlines

"seats are comfortable"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Brussels in economy class. The flight was smooth and FAs were helpful and smiley. The meal I chose was omelette, it was delicious. They removed the menus in economy lately (a drawback). The seats are comfortable with good legroom. IFE was of good selection this time. I recommend MEA on this route and any other BEY-Europe route. Their product is really competitive on the European routes.
RouteBeirut to Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Professional flight attendants"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Beirut. Flight was smooth though fully booked. Professional flight attendants. Flights on time. I usually love MEA's meals but this time i didn't like my meal at all (It was salmon with bland veggies). IFE was great this time with great selection of movies. Recommended.
RouteBrussels to Beirut
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Pretty disappointing airline"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to London via Beirut. Pretty disappointing airline, right from check in, to support on the ground in Beirut. Cannot even answer a rather simple question, and the attitude!! Would not likely fly with this outfit again. Completely ridiculous and unprofessional. Everyone wants to shuffle you off to the next person here, and seems not a one knows what they are talking about. Never have I felt like such an inconvenience to airline staff in my life.
RouteKuwait to London via Beirut
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Not recommended any more"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | Istanbul to Beirut. They changed the flight time in the same day without notifying previously. I booked specifically on this time due to my meeting, and after this action I won't not be able to attend because of this change. Not recommended any more.
RouteIstanbul to Beirut

"Extremely unprofessional airline"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Beirut. Extremely unprofessional airline. Hidden charges - they asked me to pay 100$ for an additional piece although I had only 2 pieces and both of them doesn't exceed 33kg (my allowed KGs to carry with me). Not only that but 2 of the customer service on the counter were extremely rude - the staff and the manager, saying that " you have to read the ticket before getting into the flight. This is a law that we did since November and you should be reading that". Extremely rude and unprofessional. After all that I have reached to get a broken bag at Beirut airport. Flight was on the 8th December at 3.15 am, not to mention that it got delayed until 4:00 am.
AircraftSkyteam
RouteDubai to Beirut

"Highly unprofessional airline"

Trip Verified | Beirut via Dubai. Highly unprofessional airline and ridiculous hidden charges. They abruptly (several weeks ago) changed their baggage policy restricting each passenger to only 1 checked in luggage item. I had an additional bag which weighed under 5 kg and was charged $80! Even though I was well under the weight limit of 30 kg. Not to mention their terrible infotainment system and outdated planes. Please avoid this airline and their sneaky hidden charges.
RouteBeirut via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"they do not compensate valuables"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to London. This will be the last time I fly with MEA. I was traveling to London with my family to attend a wedding. The flight was on the 27th of sep. Upon our arrival, we were disappointed to know that they did not ship our luggage, the wedding was the very next day and we had to buy all out necessities. The second day they sent us the luggage back but some items were missing from my baggage. I wrote several emails and the reply was very late and informed me that they do not compensate valuables such as jewellery etc. The only thing they offered was returning the cost of the bought items upon presenting the receipts =which we did not keep.
RouteBeirut to London
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"excellent service and food"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Athens. Left on time, excellent service and food for economy, very good entertainment system. (Keep in mind I paid very little for this flight) What essentially counted for about 5 points was the crew service and the food. Here is what we were given in economy: A container of labneh spiced with sumac, cheddar and achawem (I think) cheese decorated with some vegetables, peach yoghurt. A bit of bread. Mineral water, orange juice box. Choice of coffee or tea. Metal cutlery. All my praise to the crew for this pleasant experience and those responsible for choosing in-flight amenities. You made my departure from Lebanon a pleasant one and will surely prioritize choosing you in the future. Please, MEA, find a solution to operate a flight from Montreal to Beirut.
RouteBeirut to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2019

"an excellent flight"

Trip Verified | London to Beirut, an excellent flight. The seats may not recline, but what they have in their A330 is a seat where the bottom goes forward and the back changes angle. The tray table was large enough for my medium-sized laptop and because seats don't recline, there is no chance for the screen to get crushed. When it came to the food, I think we were well fed. Every item was of good quality and had decent flavour. It felt like I was on a 4 star airline. I did not use the in-flight entertainment system
RouteLondon to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"attendants always look exhausted"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Beirut. I fly MEA not only because I am Lebanese but because I choose to. Meals are amazing and exceed my expectations. Flight attendants are caring although they always look exhausted. I recently got my Silver Status package from MEA and really appreciate the gesture.
RouteRiyadh to Beirut