Middle East Airlines

(Saudi Arabia)

RUH-BEY-RUH. Both flights on well maintained A330. On demand AVOD with good selection of movies but had seen them before on other airlines. Staff are one of the assets with MEA immaculate dress friendly smiling very efficient and good sense of humour. Food in Y class one of best I have had in a long time Full bar service offered with requests for refills within minutes. I had to change my flight on the return and was charges only 27 dollars with a no problem at all attitude. MEA are a good airline and are better than some of the four star airlines I have flown on.

(Saudi Arabia)

Riyadh-Beirut-Rome return. Generally service was good but quality of the food depended on where it was loaded. Quality of the food on the flight out of Rome was good but out of Beirut was mediocre. On the way to Rome A319 used somewhat tired and shabby. On the way back A330 in pristine condition. IFE better on A330 but still a very limited range of entertainment. Because we had to change our flight dates (result of delay in getting back to Rome) MEA charged us an additional US$ 340 on our tickets. Reasonable in the circumstances but no account taken for "acts of God".

(Cyprus)

BEY-LCA. Check-in in Beirut efficient and friendly. Food consisted only of snack and a soft drink - but only a 35 minute flight there is hardly time for more. Prices could be a bit lower especially on short haul routes.