Horizon Air

"she went above and beyond"

Not Verified | Yesterday I had a pleasant experience from Horizon two airline employees on the Horizon air turboprop that I flew from Missoula to Seatac. I had a very short connection time to board an Alaska air flight to Charleston, SC. I flew this same itinerary MSO to SeaTac to CHS last year and because of airport construction and a long distance between two terminals I nearly missed my flight. With this in mind I told the flight attendant named Kyle that I would need someone to help me get to the right terminal in time to make the flight. I was quite anxious about it. Kyle told me that the first officer agreed to escort me to the terminal as she had a three hour layover. She not only made a smooth and soft landing with the plane but she also walked with me all the way to the plane I was to board. Please let first officer Emilee know that she went above and beyond her job description. She is a lovely person and goes out of her way to increase her customers comfort level. I consider it a blessing to have walked beside first officer Emilee.
RouteMissoula to Seatac
Date FlownJune 2019

"very satisfied with Horizon"

This was a short flight. Just under two hours. Check-in a breeze with many self-service kiosks. Plane is turboprop. Seats are firm and do not recline. One small toilet at front of plane. Aisle narrow. Overhead storage small. Board and exit from front and rear. This is great for passengers. Also, larger carry-on luggage can be placed, at no cost, into luggage storage. This is helpful. Horizon offers free craft beer and wine and serve Starbucks coffee. Cabin crew very personable and efficient. Overall, very satisfied with Horizon and this flight. Will use again.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteSEA to RNO
Date FlownNovember 2015

"nice job all the way around"

Horizon Air from Seattle to Eugene roundtrip. No complaints, the crews were great, planes clean and on time in both directions. As with all of Horizon Air flights, free beverages including wine and beer are provided. The aircraft was perfect for the less than one hour flight to SeaTac - quite fast actually. The skies were clear and the view was perfect. Nice job all the way around.
AircraftQ-400
RouteSEA to EUG
Date FlownSeptember 2015

Horizon Air customer review

Seattle to Edmonton 12/14/13 returning 12/18/13. Bombardier Q 400 plane small but with comfortable seating even for a six-footer as I am. Great cabin crew and nice free drinks. An inflight snack might have been nice but overall a pleasant experience.

Horizon Air customer review

I take Horizon often between Seattle and Portland after arriving from the UK and always find staff very helpful. My last connection was late from LHR due to weather and holding separate tickets was a worry however Horizon staff did all they could to rush me through and I made the original connection. Ground staff friendly and nice crew. Flight down was operated by a CRJ - its a quieter cabin and seems faster (not sure it is though) but the cabin feels smaller and return flight by Q400 was much more comfortable. Cabin crew nice and you still get a free drinks service on a 40min shuttle - great touch.

Horizon Air customer review

Great employees service schedules but I have stopped flying with Horizon because they are now using Turbo Prop planes (Q400). It's slower has more noise and vibration and most of all they cannot fly at altitudes where the ride is smooth. This is compared to the full size jets that Southwest flies on the same routes as Horizon. I used to have the credit card had Frequent flyer status and earned oodles of miles. Those days are gone.

Horizon Air customer review

First time flying Horizon and no problems noted on any of the flights. Seattle to Portland Portland to Santa Rosa and Reno to Seattle. All flights on the Q-400 which I found to be an excellent plane. Flight crews were professional and appeared to enjoy their jobs!

Horizon Air customer review

I've flown with them 70 maybe 80 times in the last two years--mostly commute trips from Seattle to Spokane and occasionally over to Montana. A few things about the Q400: This is not an old or aged aircraft. They are extremely fuel efficient compared to jet aircraft. They can cover shorter legs in approximately the same time as regional or larger jets. They tend to be a bit noisy on the inside particularly between rows 6 and 10 which are nearest the engines. Most of the examples in Horizon's fleet are less than five years old. I like the fact the Q400 can be boarded and deplaned from both front and rear making both processes faster than larger aircraft. I agree that this is not an airplane that you would probably want to spend more than about 90 minutes on at a time. I greatly prefer the Q400 to the Bombardier regional jets also flown by Horizon. Horizon's flight attendants are the best. Boarding in Seattle Spokane and Portland is frequently a bit trying. Delays on Horizon are just like any other carrier.

Horizon Air customer review

I've flown Horizon Q400's several times throughout WA OR and BC. Nice planes and I actually prefer them to the CRJs. Flight staff is always good and frankly I've never had a problem with ground staff either.

Horizon Air customer review

Delays. If you want to get to where you want to be in time do not take this airline. Rude customer service staff. Being threatened by staff: "you take this flight or I tear off the ticket now". They did not help to solve problems that they cause (connecting flights checked bags and so on) and with that kind of attitude I will not take this airline again.