Horizon Air

Horizon Air customer review

I've flown Horizon Q400's several times throughout WA OR and BC. Nice planes and I actually prefer them to the CRJs. Flight staff is always good and frankly I've never had a problem with ground staff either.

Horizon Air customer review

Delays. If you want to get to where you want to be in time do not take this airline. Rude customer service staff. Being threatened by staff: "you take this flight or I tear off the ticket now". They did not help to solve problems that they cause (connecting flights checked bags and so on) and with that kind of attitude I will not take this airline again.

Horizon Air customer review

YEG-SEA economy. Checkin efficient mentioned I was connecting internationally and got the $15 bag fee waived. Flight a little late but well informed and crew apologised. Good communication from the cockpit - nice CRJ aircraft in good condition with ample legroom leather seats. Inflight service was surprising - 2pm flight with free beer wine and pretzels with top-ups throughout the flight. No IFE but for 1.5 hours who cares. Friendly and obliging crew.

Horizon Air customer review

Flew with Horizon three times in 2 weeks. Ground experience/check-in were nightmares with rude and inexperienced staff. 25 minutes to print a boarding pass? Don't call them out on poor service or you may not fly as they reminded me repeatedly. Nothing like a threat to start your flight. Flight crews were dynamite! Flights were nice a little dirty. They didn't transfer my luggage to my other airline for my last 2 legs of flight. The airline's baggage tag clearly stated that it should be transferred to Houston. Luckily I passed baggage claim on my quest for a cigarette or I would not have seen my bag sitting alone in the empty baggage claim area. Recognized my bag and 2 nice TSA agents ran me to re-check my bag. Both I and my bag made it on only because of the TSA agent's insistence and the frantic efforts of the US Airways crew. Rule of thumb: if you are the only airline servicing an area customer service is the first fatality. They have you by the throat and they know it.

Horizon Air customer review

SEA-YVR This franchise flight was my first with Horizon Air and was a short flight up the archipelago-like coast between Seattle and Vancouver. It was an aged Dash 400 turboprop and there was a mineral water service.

Horizon Air customer review

If you require a wheelchair get to the airport an extra hour early. Do not book an early morning flight because no wheelchairs/attendants may be available until 5:30 AM or later. Expect the attendant to take your boarding pass from you and prepare to make your own way to the correct gate when the attendant takes you to the wrong one. Expect to be scolded as if you are a child by staff if you try to complain. Try to keep your valuables strapped to your body at the security check because the attendant may not pay much attention to them at the time. Although one of the flight attendants was appropriate in language and behavior toward people with disabilities the other was obviously untrained in this and very uncomfortable.

Horizon Air customer review

SEA-MFR then MFR-LAX. MFR-LAX is an important lifeline that I hope this airline never cancels as lately they have been pulling out of quite a few cities in Oregon. All flights on time and staff very friendly and professional. No complaints really except the small seats. Interesting and fun choice of beverages. This must be the only airline serving free wine and beer.

Horizon Air customer review

BLI to SEA and very impressed with the ground staff inflight crew and very helpful gate agent on arrival at SEA who gave me her full attention and assistance in getting from one end of the terminal to the other in order to make my connection! Definitely will fly with Horizon more often!

Horizon Air customer review

GEG-SEA-FSN: Flew on the regional jet both to and from Fresno but can tell that they have crammed more seats in the jet than the last time I flew it about five years ago. Seats were really tight. Service was fine; flight late taking off from Fresno but still made connections with Alaska. Horizon has always offered good service. Normally I fly from PUW to SEA and find the service out of Pullman to be excellent.

Horizon Air customer review

YVR-PDX-YVR. Both sectors operated by new Q400 which is as quiet as a jet. Crew very friendly and service very informal but nice to be offered beer or wine and snacks on a short flight. I have always found QX staff to very personable efficient and like their laid-back friendly service. Will fly with them again!