Arajet

“clearly has no interest in helping”

Trip Verified | This is one of the most unprofessional airlines I have ever flown. Shortly after disembarking from my flight from Santo Domingo to Kingston, I realized that I had left my iPad in the seatback pocket. In the terminal, I searched and finally (with some difficulty) found an Arajet employee, who went away and eventually told me no one had removed any iPads from the flight. She could not offer any other advice for recovering it. I subsequently made many attempts to contact Arajet. No one answered when I called their published "customer service" phone numbers. I then had an extensive online chat with someone, but she finally reprimanded me for losing my iPad and said if anyone ever found it on the plane and turned it in to the Lost and Found in Santo Domingo, I would have to go there and prove my identity. When I offered to pay to have it shipped to me, she said they would not do that. Over the subsequent days, my Apple "Find My" app continued to show that the iPad was at the airport in Santo Domingo. But writing Aerojet resulted in no help of any sort. They appear to lack personnel who can communicate in English. I'm sorry I forgot my iPad. I did not mean to do that. But passengers DO forget things and Arajet clearly has no interest in helping them get their possessions back. The entire operation reeks of disrespect for passengers.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max
RouteSanto Domingo to Kingston

"worst experience ever"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | This is the most unprofessional and horrible airline I have ever used in my life. The worst customer service, the worst underground crew, worst reception and worst personel at the airport. I purchased a flight from Toronto to Sao Paulo. I was supposed to fly in June 12, but due to some issues I decided to change my flight to June 4. I was told that I would be charged 75 Canadian dollars as penalty. I agreed because this is my decision. So during the change, I did a mistake by choosing June 6 and the payment was done already. When I realised it immediately I called the customer service to help me out, I got rude customer agents and telling me that I still have to pay another 75 Canadian dollar, for the new change, they said they don't care about the mistake and I should pay. I finally paid. On the day of the flight, the fare I purchased was allowed me a 10kg baggage, but during my check-in, I was informed rudely that I have to pay 140 Canadian dollars to be able to fly. I tried everything by even showing the fare I purchased on Arajet website. The lady told me rudely: <>. Also the flight has a 4 hours delay. They sell food in the plane, no snack is free, even water you have to buy. It was my first time to fly with this airline, but the worst experience ever. I will never ever take it again.
RouteToronto to Santo Domingo
Date FlownJune 2024

"worst airline I have used"

Trip Verified | Arajet is the worst airline I have used. There was a man who took photos of my documents, passport and residence card with his personal cell phone. This has never happened to me with Air Transat or Air Canada. I don't think it's safe. He told me it was to send to the Santo Domingo team. I thought my problems were over when I finally boarded the plane, but it was only the beginning. The seats are stuck, no water is given. A bottle of water costs 2 US dollars. I bought a chicken and potato dish for 12 US dollars, but I couldn't eat it, it was not good. For my return, I had to return earlier than planned because my son was sick. I changed my ticket on the website and had to pay a fee of 270.88 Canadian dollars. I spent three days trying to pay on the website but couldn't. So I called customer service. When I called customer service, there was an agent who told me there was a problem with MasterCard. This is why payment cannot be made. Well, afterwards, I tried with a Visa card, but that too didn't work. I called again, and there was another agent who left me on the line alone for about 20 minutes, under the pretext that he was looking for a solution. Eventually, I found another person who informed me that payment issues often happen on the Arajet website. He advised me, as I was in Santo Domingo, to go directly to a Pagatodo office. Upon arriving at the Pagatodo office, I was informed that I had to pay in Dominican pesos. I was supposed to pay $270.88 Canadian, but was charged 16,250 Dominican pesos, which works out to about $375 Canadian. It's incredible ! It's theft, there is no coordination, they are amateurs, they are not serious. I do not recommend this airline at all. They say their flights are cheaper, but the price goes up quickly for everything and you end up with a higher price than other standard airlines and very poor service.
RouteSanto-Domingo to Montreal
Date FlownJune 2024

"ineligible for a refund"

Not Verified | The absolute worst airline I have ever flown with. They sent me an email the day before my flight telling me my flight had been delayed by 1 hour and when I went to the empty check in desk of an empty airport 2 hours before the new departure time I was told that check in was closed (3 hours before departure). When I asked for a refund, the response I received was that they recommend I arrive 3 hours prior to departure and because I was there 2 hours before I was ineligible for a refund. Their policies however state otherwise. And this is the biggest issue. There were so many more - like being unable to check in online and it being framed as my fault for not calling despite using one of their contact numbers, being told we don't need an eticket for transit but then being stuck in the airport as we tried to navigate a system that made no sense. I was actually really excited about this airline and was telling everyone to use it but I have since told them to avoid it at all costs.
RouteToronto to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2024

“Highly avoid this airline”

Trip Verified | Do not recommend this airline at all. They are unprofessional and have a very poor customer service. I arrived to the Lima international airport at 2:30am for an international flight planned for departure at 5:00am. The counter was not announced for this airline at the airport, they had no representative at the airport and their online check in did not work. I was not able to get a boarding pass. I asked other airline reps if they know where the counter is and they said if it’s not announced it means the counter is not open yet. I messaged the airline customer service via what’s app at 3:45am about the situation, and they were not helpful at all! It looked like she is the only person working for this company. All she said was that she has escalated the issue and did not provide me with the boarding pass or the counter number and I ended up losing the flight. She said the counter was closed at 4:15am and why we did not message them earlier! I have had many international flights and never seen an airline so unprofessional and poorly managed. Highly avoid this airline if you respect your time and money.
RouteLima to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2024

“Excellent service”

Trip Verified | Excellent service and On time performance from Arajet for my recent travel from Toronto to Santo Domingo. Clean and new aircraft with friendly staff along with excellent competitive price.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max 8
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSanto Domingo to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"customer service is limited"

Trip Verified |  Arajet onboard service is quite good. Planes were clean, staff courteous and attentive. On-board menu limited, but affordable (cash only). Offer lower fares than some others. Santo Domimgo airport is terrible and Arajet onboard and airport staff either don't know or give false information about the process. The transit desk closes early, despite the airport being open 24 hr. You need to collect bags and clear customs. You cannot re-enter the secure zone until 2 hours prior to your conmection. Landside, seating is very limiter and at restaurants only. Airport staff are rude and don't care to be helpful. If Arajet wants to make Santo Domingo a hub, they need to work with the airport to ensure a pleasant customer experience. Unfortunately, customer service is limited (form letter response), no office at the airport, local contact number only, very limited chat bot. Would avoid as a connecting hub, good if you want to fly directly to/from Santo Domingo.
AircraftBoeing 737 max
RouteSan José to Santo Domingo,
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"Amateurs and not professional"

Not Verified | Absolutely terrible. February 9 we we supposed to fly. The Departure Screen was not showing terminal nor gate all the way until we flew out. Same with the website. No flight information anywhere including their own app or website. spent extra hour running around between terminal 3 and 2 and then finally rep from another air line told us where to go. When we finally made it to the counter and I asked what is going on, the answer was: oh we are new airline and Airpost for some reason did not post our flight. No apology, nothing. Please save yourself from stress and do not use Arajet. Amateurs and not professional
AircraftBoeing 737 8
RouteSao Paolo to Toronto via Santo Domingo

"Seats were comfortable"

Trip Verified |  Flight got delayed 1 hour, but we still reached on time in SDQ. The pilots were good. We had usb slots to charge our phone, no in flight entertainment or any screens in flight. The food/drinks menu were limited, and they only accepted cash that too in Dominican pesos or USD or CAD. The flight attendants were pretty good and fast, overall good service. Washrooms were clean, and had adequate things in it. Seats were comfortable. I feel like the seats starting 4th row, had less space, me and friend were in 3rd row, so had no issues, with leg space or otherwise. Landing and take off were perfect, and we clapped and laughed on landing. I felt really good on this flight. My next flight from Santo Domingo airport to Toronto airport, I was in 10th row, and leg space was okay for a 5 foot 10 inch guy, seats were good too, the problem, comes when the person in front of you reclines there seat, and you are sitting upright, you are 10 inches away from there hair. Also there was no usb ports to charge phone in DM716 flight from Santo Domingo airport to Toronto airport DM1284 where Boeing 737MAX8 is used from Mexico City to Santo Domingo airport is really good. DM716 from Santo Domingo airport to Toronto airport is not okay with caveats. I paid extra $60USD for carry on baggage.
AircraftBoeing 737MAX8