British Airways

"COVID protocols are not as robust as they should be"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This was not my best experience with BA thus far as there were a couple of disappointments. I was happy with the fast baggage check-in. This was a bus gate which is not my favourite thing but not a blemish on the airline. The COVID protocols are not as robust as they should be, particularly attendants need to be armed with sanitizer at the cabin entrance. There was a big mix up which I find inexcusable - I and another passenger were allocated the same seat on the same plane, causing a few anxious moments and the friendly attendant had to get me another seat but I don't expect such at this level. Bottles of water were offered to every passenger which was welcome. The plane arrived 10 minutes late.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2021

"I would need to call up to rebook"

Trip Verified | Ok flight apart from they cancelled the majority of the outbound and crammed everybody on one flight. After having my return cancelled 3 times I opted for a voucher so I could rebook a new route. I had not been informed before requesting the “E-voucher” and I would need to call up to rebook (I’m in a different country and the phone tariffs are extortion). So not only was my flight cancelled 3 times I wasn’t offered an option to rebook a new flight online I was inconvenienced every step of the way.
RouteGatwick to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2020

"had my flight cancelled on 3 occasions"

Trip Verified | Absolutely appalling experience. British Airways, unfortunately, has lowered it's standards and to my dismay, I've been recently having a much better flying experience with budget airlines rather than BA. Customer service representatives are completely clueless, unprofessional and not bothered. I recently had my flight cancelled on 3 occasions and the staff weren't interested in helping me return home.
RouteBridgetown to London
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"A poor show with BA"

Trip Verified | Had booked the above mentioned flight. But the travel restrictions changed a week before the travel dates. The airline didn’t notify me until I learned that I could not fly with the airlines only at the airport when I went for check-in. It was a single ticket with the company and they said they didn't realise I was flying from Canada to India via London. The restrictions didn't allow any via flights but were ok with direct ones. When I booked a single ticket from Canada to India, how come they didn't realise I couldn't fly? No refund at all. Gave me a credit for me to travel anytime in the next two years, but I don't have any travel plans for the next two years. That means my money is gone? When talking to representatives, they ridiculously put everything on the website agents which was 'Onetravel'. The worst experience ever with an airline. Am a frequent flyer, was trying BA for the first time but now I guess I am never going to fly with you. On my return journey, the other flight gave me a full refund when the new travel restrictions didn't allow them to take me. A poor show with BA.
RouteOttawa to Ahmedabad
Date FlownNovember 2020

"promised to give me compensation"

Trip Verified | My return flight from Antigua to London was cancelled 2 times. When I call to BA several times their computer system didn’t work and they couldn’t issue new ticket, as the result I had to pay airport price for baggage, as I couldn’t pay online without ticket. They promised to give me compensation of hotel stay, food and travel if complete online form. When I done it, I was asked to submit expenses, but link provided was to lost baggage expenses, not what I claimed. I replied that link is wrong and asked for correct link. They replied that they wouldn’t compensate anything.
RouteAntigua to London
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Do not recommend to anyone in Covid restrictions"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | 4 cancellations for 1 month! Applying vouchers only to find out they don't work after new cancellation! Terrible stammers. Do not recommend to anyone in Covid restrictions.
RouteSofia to London Heathrow
Date FlownDecember 2020

"She was an amazing person"

Trip Verified | I had travelled to India for an eye surgery, on my flight back to London Heathrow I was assisted by a member of the cabin crew Madeline Thomas. She was an amazing person as she made sure I was feeling okay as I had come back from my surgery and was traveling by myself. She was more then a nurse and took care of my needs like a mom. She also made sure I had eaten my food and stood by next to me as I was feeling awful because I was in lot of pain
RouteMumbai to London
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"not what you'd expect from a premium product"

Not Verified | I was travelling back from Mexico City on a business trip. Fully aware of the covid safety restrictions at the moment, which the staff do an admirable job with - but nevertheless a lot to say on the state of BA First at the moment. Firstly - no lounge at all at Mexico City Terminal 2. There's a paid lounge, but the check in staff wouldn't help with the details. Mexico City Terminal 1 has functional lounges for AeroMexico working. Not good enough for an expensive ticket. Finally got to board and the staff are incredible - but throughout they were super apologetic as to what was to come. The food was literally inedible in First and staff offered commented as much every time. So for an 11 hour trip in First the option really was chocolate or crisps. The first suite on the flight had visible signs of wear and tear and needs some attention. The seat would not easily convert to a bed. It had scuff marks around it and generally looked a bit shabby. Again, not what you'd expect from a premium product. I left my watch on the flight in error and contacted BA immediately about this. Despite assurances that they have a comprehensive cleaning process during Covid my watch was never found. BA has outsourced their lost and found service to a separate company and in the process they have completely washed their hands on helping out customers. Given that I told them specifically where I'd left the watch I can only assume that one of the cleaning staff decided to keep it. All in all, you pay premium on a flight for additional service. BA isn't offering it at the moment. If it is essential that you have to fly really don't bother with first unless you have to - or go to another airline. The company just don't care.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMexico City to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Absolutely disgraceful"

Not Verified | Charge £700 fee to make an amendment to a booked holiday well in advance. Absolutely disgraceful. Their site says £30 fees for amendments and when you ring up they say that you ticked the terms and conditions box and refer to page 27 of terms and conditions and use it to charge you an extortionate amount. I received nothing but bad attitude and rudeness from the representative.
RouteLondon to Maldives
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Good service the whole way"

Not Verified | Good service the whole way. Nothing exceptional but it was only a short flight. Plane was clean and refreshments were provided. My only issue is that the flight was packed - understandable as it was just before Chirstmas but surely it is not wise to have strangers sitting so close to each other during a pandemic, even with the masks? My return flight was cancelled but it was easy to transfer to a new flight so no issues there either - just hoping for a little more personal space next time! Also wi-fi did not work. I also liked that they had a system for boarding and disembarking to avoid everyone rushing at the same time, brought in for the pandemic I'm sure but I hope this is something they continue into the future as it made the experience much more pleasant. Value for money marked down only because the Christmas flights were so expensive! To be expected though, I know.
RouteHeathrow to Belfast

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL