British Airways

"No refund for flights cancelled"

Trip Verified | No refund for flights cancelled 14 months ago but provided a ticket voucher valid until 30 April 2022. Tickets bought on Edreams on June 16, 2020 for a flight on July 7, 2020, from Geneva to São Paulo through London (British Airways), round trip. The LHR-GRU flight was cancelled without any explanation. I contacted both Edreams and BA a number of times in the last 14 months but they did not refund the 461 Euros that I paid.
RouteGeneva to Sao Paulo via London
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I wasn't allocated a seat"

(Nigeria)

Trip Verified | Stranded in the lounge because I wasn't allocated a seat. This for a flight that I booked months ago. I didn't want to use them but was forced to because Emirates wasn't available. I advise travelers to shun them too and look for more customer friendly options.
RouteAbuja to London
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"stupidity of this whole situation"

Trip Verified | I think British Airways needs to be much clearer about what their Covid-19 "travel flexibility" really means, because it doesn't pass the common-sense test: I purchased a round-trip business class ticket from New York to-and-from Mykonos through London. I traveled there with no problem. The day before my return to New York, though, I took my Covid-19 test and learned that I tested positive. I tried to call the airline on the many usless numbers they provide on their website. The recorded message drones on and on about how they have no one to answer the phone because of Covid safety and simply says "therefore we can't answer your call; try again." No ability to leave a call-back number or a voicemail, etc. For whatever reason the BA website thought that I had bought the ticket through a third-party agent (I did not - I bought it on BA.com) and so wouldnt let me cancel or reschedule the flight on the web site. I called and called over the coming days and could not get through to the London, Athens or New York lines. Two days later after having 2 negative PCR tests (the most accurate test), I learned I was not positive and so had to buy a new $5000 return flight to the U.S. I've now been calling the BA USA customer service line for nearly a month at least every other day, never to get through. Finally did and have been told that the fact that I couldnt get on the flight because of a COVID scare counts for nothing. The fact they dont have enough people answering the phone counts for nothing. Or that I was unable to change the flight to a few days later on the web site becuase the ticket was mis-booked. They have offered that if I send them a Greek doctor's note saying that I was sick, then they'll give me a voucher for a future flight from Mykonos to New York. I am speechless at the stupidity of this whole situation.
RouteMykonos to New York via London
Date FlownAugust 2021

"lost the connecting flight to Tirana"

Trip Verified | My flight from Boston to Heathrow arrived in time, but I and other passengers were not allowed to disembark the plane. We were kept in the tarmac for one hour and a half without being given sufficient information about what was causing this delay. Because of this delay, I and other passengers lost the connecting flight to Tirana. I was offered another connecting flight which was 8 hours later from the time of arrival. When I booked this flight, one of the main reasons that made me choose it was the fact that the layover was a little bit more than an hour. Turning it into an 8 hour layover I think is unacceptable and very poor customer service. It shows lack of respect for your clients and lack of commitment by this company to provide to their customers what they were promised and what they paid for. I am very disappointed by this experience.
RouteBoston to Tirana London
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"service on the same route is becoming worse"

Trip Verified | Year after year the British Airways (BA) service on the same route (Washington-London) is becoming worse. We just had one bad experience after another on this route in July 2021. British Airways (BA) notified us that our connection flight to Nice was bumped from 2pm to 6pm so we had to spend an extra 4 hours in the airport during this COVID era. Their website and emails prior to our day of flight kept asking us to check UK.gov for the COVID rules and regulations for transit through London which said that no COVID test was necessary if we could show proof of vaccine, however upon our arrival at the airport they told us we needed to go to the basement to take a COVID test to show negative results. They charged us $250 per person for a rapid COVID test which was an outrage and totally unnecessary. We could have gotten the test done at a cheaper rate had we known that this was a requirement prior to our flight. Food service was horrible (they served food with lots of cheese to me while I had requested a vegan meal due to may dairy allergies). BA damaged our Samsonite luggage and they told us at the airport that we needed to report this online. We have been trying to resolve this issue since July and after asking us for photos like 10 times, they are still giving us the run around.
RouteWashington Dulles to London
Date FlownAugust 2021

"cancellation two weeks before I was due to travel"

Trip Verified | BA used to be my go to carrier and I am a silver member. However their service seems to have gone hugely downhill. Flights get cancelled, the best alternative flights are offered and whilst in theory you can cancel or amend bookings online or on the app, invariably this is not possible. You cannot contact them by email and you may find yourself sitting on a phone for 40 plus minutes to speak to someone. If they are busy due to cancelled flights they need to employ people to answer calls and emails promptly. I was stunned by the recent cancellation to my Catania flight two weeks before I was due to travel.
RouteGatwick to Catania
Date FlownAugust 2021

"the most comfortable seats"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The entertainment system was working badly, the screen was freezing every time I wanted to open flight map. Though the aircraft was 8 years only, the window blinds worked with delays. The crew informed passengers that there would be no headphones provided as it was supposed to be a short-haul flight. After flying with Aeroflot and S7 Airlines, I expected to receive an excellent BA service, but I got only a pack of crisps and a tiny bottle of water. I think it’s unacceptable for a non-low-cost carrier to offer service like this. I can get that hot meals on board are now rare. I loved the most comfortable seats in my life! I tend to have problems with sleeping on board, but this time I didn’t even noticed my falling asleep right after takeoff.
RouteLondon to Moscow Domodedovo
Date FlownAugust 2021

"value for money here is incredible"

Trip Verified | I flew on British Airways Cheapest Fare which was a Hand Baggage Only fare in Economy Class. Despite this being the cheapest fare you can actually carry two pieces of cabin luggage both weighing up to 23KG each. The value for money here is incredible. The ground staff at London Heathrow are very polite and helpful. The plane was clean and the cabin crew were very smiley and polite. This was a short haul flight but we were given a free packet of crisps and a bottle of water. There was Wifi onboard which we paid £11.99 for the full flight access package and it was great. It was fast enough to stream a movie on Netflix. If you are considering between a low cost carrier and a premium carrier like BA pay the extra and fly with the premium carrier. With the generous cabin luggage allowance and the free snacks on board it may end up being cheaper and nobody claps when the plane lands.
RouteLondon to Athens

"Food and drinks fine"

Trip Verified | Very efficient evening bag drop. Security quick. Galleries North lounge was very good. Food and drinks fine. Plane left on time pre ordered door was ok. Early arrival. Fortunately only our bags were not given priority tags and came out early!
RouteLondon to Corfu
Date FlownAugust 2021

"frustrated, upset and disappointed"

Trip Verified | Me and my 1 year 11 months baby girl flew business class from Moscow Domodedovo to London Heathrow on 11 august. When we landed at Heathrow, my baby was sleeping. I asked stewards for my stroller, and they said it is going to wait for me at the and of the corridor before entrance to terminal building. I grabbed my sleeping baby, who is nearly 15 kg, and luggage bag (another 15 kg) and walked away. I went and entered the building, and met no one with my pram or just my pram left somewhere in this corridor. And there was no one to ask. Just a flow of passengers behind me and in front of me. On top of that, we landed at terminal 5,and I had to travel on a train to arrivals terminal for passport control and other procedures still on my own, holding my baby and heavy bag on my shoulder. I met no one whom I can ask for a help. First British airways representative I met was after passport control , i explained the situation and he said that I have to go downstairs and my pram will be with my suitcases. No further assistance or help. I had to wait another hour for luggage and pram. I am absolutely frustrated, upset and disappointed! I can see that British Airways do not care about mothers with kids at all.
RouteMoscow to London Heathrow

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL