British Airways

"Very good experience all round"

Trip Verified | Flight delayed an hour due to bad weather around JFK however this was made up during the flight, only to be delayed again by weather over LHR. Spending an extra hour in the American/BA lounge at JFK was not ideal. Cold environment, cold staff, indifferent to the travellers needs. One area was exceptionally dirty with plates on the tables and napkins strewn on the floor. Waited for a drink as no one to serve. Played a game of find the chips/crisps - which were hidden on a table in a dark corner in one of the 3 areas. This is a crazy expensive route in Business Class and it feels like a rip off across all the airlines however the quality of BA's business class has much improved with the introduction of the suites. The privacy is a big improvement as too is the seat comfort and I managed a good 3hr sleep on the overnight red-eye flight. Food service was very efficient for those that wanted it and did the trick so late at night. Aside from getting a decent rest on the relatively short flight the other highlight was the flight attendant. Unfortunately, I didn't catch his name but he was superb, being responsive to the few requests I made and remembered my name throughout the flight. A small but very valued touch that is often missing with business class flight attendants on BA. Very good experience all round except the price which is reflected in my value for money rating.
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownJune 2024

"inflight service was efficient and friendly"

Trip Verified | A very full flight made Premium Economy feel a little less premium than you should expect for the price however the smaller cabin configuration and slightly roomier seating made the journey relaxing enough. Catering was pretty good and the inflight service was efficient and friendly. Arrived on time and no delays with baggage delivery. No complaints as PE served it's function for the relatively short 7.5hr flight.
RouteLondon to newark
Date FlownJune 2024

“worst airline I’ve ever flown”

Trip Verified | The worst airline I’ve ever flown. Could not check in until my flight was open (I was there 2 hours before flight not 2 days before!). Asked if my husband could fly on the same flight (he was also flying club Europe but on a later flight and I could see online that there was room on the plane I was on). The agent said they couldn’t change his flight at the ticket counter (never heard of that). This could only be done online or by calling British Airways. I had already tried online so asked for a telephone number to call and the British Airways agent did not have a number for me to call. So I looked up and called several numbers online and all I got was the office was closed on Saturdays. I asked for the ticket agent again. Explained we were going to his mother’s memorial and that and it would be nice if he could get on the same flight as I was on. They still refused to help. So, he stayed on his flight which was leaving 4 hours later and then got cancelled and he had to spend the night in Florence. They re routed him on a flight to London via Edinburgh. And then they lost his suitcase!! You can’t make this stuff up! As for my flight # BA 525, I got several emails and messages advising me it was delayed. I decided to go to the gate at the original flight time and guess what? It was boarding on time. I can’t imagine the number of people who might of missed it. It’s just an awful, awful airline and I will never fly them again if I can possibly avoid them!
RouteFlorence to Heathrow

"Cabin crew were great"

Trip Verified | I am surprised to be able to give a favourable review of the flight. European Business Class is typically 3x3 seating with the middle seat on each group of three left empty. Leg room is never generous and BA is at the bottom of the generous barrel in this respect. However, on this occasion at least and as the flight is one hour that was not an issue. Cabin crew were great, very professional and efficient, cabin was clean and aircraft seemed pretty up to date. I was surprised to find that business class was served an 'afternoon tea' complete with champagne (much nicer than the poor Prosecco in the lounge). We had three small sandwiches, chocolate cake and a choice of plain or fruit scone. Strawberry jam and clotted cream on the side for those who wanted them. It all tasted great, I didn't try the chocolate cake, and there was just about enough time to eat it before landing. The crew worked very hard to complete service in time so well done them.
RouteLondon to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2024

"flight itself was quite good"

Trip Verified | Flew British Airways on BA 434 London Heathrow to Amsterdam. I was able to check in at the BA First Class check in area in Terminal 5 and this is very fast and efficient. The lounge was quite busy; however, I was able to find space. The food, snacks, and drinks available was excellent as was the overall service. I also like the BA First Class Check in area as the security clearance is fast. Boarding was a little chaotic, however we boarded on time and the take off runway was close to the departing gate, therefore no delays. The flight itself was quite good as was the cabin crew and the meal service.
RouteLondon to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2024

"You expect better from BA"

Trip Verified | BA cancelled the flight from Tokyo to LHR. I was booked on next day flight. There was another flight on the same day. I went to the desk, but the flight was full. BA in charge offers another flight through Hong Kong which would have been 26h flight time. I declined that, and asked to stay on the next day flight. To my dismay he cancelled the next day flight without telling me he did that. I think he was annoyed that I didn’t accept the offer after he spent sometime looking for. In fact I am the one who should be annoyed for cancelling my flight. I ended up flying another airline with downgrading. Poor service, and appalling behaviour. You expect better from BA.
RouteTokyo to Manchester via London
Date FlownMay 2024

“never fly British Airways"

Trip Verified | I strongly advise everyone to never fly British Airways. I know we will never do so again. We had business class seats booked for an early morning flight from Heathrow to SF - and then the flight was cancelled the evening before the flight. We luckily checked email before we went to bed and found out it was canceled. We then called BA, and after waiting 30 minutes someone to answer the call, the person who finally did said he was going to move us to a United Air flight leaving an hour later from Heathrow to SF the next day. He told us the flight number and said he had booked us business class seats. It took a long time to get it all worked out, so we got just a few hours sleep that night, but it looked like it was resolved. Then, however, when we got to Heathrow early the next morning we found that the BA person did not complete the booking as needed and United could not give us seats. They said we needed to call BA to get them to complete the change. But despite numerous attempt we could not get anyone to answer the phone at BA. This went on for 2 hours. Finally, by the grace of god, after hours of stress trying to figure out what to do, we found a United ticket agent at the airport who personally called BA for us and got then to fix the problem. So, after being at Heathrow at 7 am, we ended up leaving for SF late that afternoon totally exhausted. The United air ticket agent saved us and allows us to get home. She also said these problems were common with BA.
RouteHeathrow to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2024

“we will rethink BA moving forward”

Trip Verified | My partner and I were on the BA2166 return flight from Tampa to Gatwick and I was very excited as had paid for a upgrade to Business Class, my partner flies BC with BA a lot for work but this was only my second time, we decided as it was the end of our holiday that have this will help us get some quality sleep. Unfortunately that was not to be. Also in Business Class were two families with children under 5. It was a very long flight listening to a toddler not just crying but screaming for seven out of the eight hours. Now its not the childrens fault, I do however think that the cabin crew could have maybe internvene and helped a little more but also BA should have informed us as we paid alot of money and quite frankly could have saved that money and just had economy ticket as at least we would be a few grand better off. What with that and how the checking in ground staff were treating us as if we were an inconvenience we will rethink BA moving forward.
RouteTampa to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2024

“extremely poor customer service”

Not Verified | We had a Premium Economy return flight Los Angeles to London. The outbound flight was cancelled with under 12 hours notice, and we had to instead take an economy flight via Dublin to London. That's annoying but it happens. What is really difficult to understand is BA's response since I raised this as a claim once our return flight had completed (as I was instructed to do). It is now nearly 5 months and there has been no response other than one in early March with the title "we've not forgotten your case" and "We're really sorry you're still waiting for a response from us. We know it's been a long time since you contacted us and this isn't the service you should expect. Rest assured we've not forgotten your case. Our Customer Relations team are working extremely hard to respond to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience. You can check the status of your case here. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We look forward to speaking with you soon." I called about a month ago to enquire and was told i'd be hearing within the week. This is just extremely poor customer service, in addition to the inconvenience and stress of the late-cancelled flight, delays and change in class of flight. British Airways really seems to be on the decline, i have so many friends who are long-time customers like us who are having flights cancelled or delayed with little commitment to make it right. I have been a member of their Flying Club for 20 years, is this how you treat loyal customers BA?
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“a pleasant and civilized journey”

Trip Verified | I should like to review my flight with British Airways from Hannover to London Heathrow. Firstly, the website was very easy to use, however, I object to the policy put in place with regards to having to pay for preferred seating. Checking-in online was a very easy process other than being presented with the fee to select a seat. At the boarding gate in Hannover the staff were superb, they insisted that people with larger bags turned over the bags for check-in. I was included in this. The staff were very fair and polite and imposed this policy evenly and in a firm but polite manner. The flight took off reasonably on-time. The cabin crew were very good and coped really well with what was an entirely full flight. The now usual small bottle of water and a tiny snack the size of a UK 50p coin were issued to the passengers. On this flight, the Captain was very vocal in the nicest possible way. He oozed a sense of professionalism and was well spoken with clear and informative announcements. Disembarkation was orderly, however the cabin crew were nowhere to be seen when leaving the aircraft. Given that this was a very short flight and given the full nature of the flight too the cabin crew deserve an applause for their professionalism. This experience has turned around my less than positive experience with this airline a few months ago. Well done to the ground staff and cabin crew for making this a pleasant and civilized journey!
RouteHannover to London Heathrow

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL